pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 237.
#4701 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

How does pro hold up against the others? I'm not a big fan of mini playfields.
Is pro worth getting?

I'm not a fan of mini playfields either. I've played the LE a number of times. I still don't like mini playfields. To me, it's just a novelty. Plus I had a LOT of experiences with the ball on the upper playfield being redirected by the edge of the lower playfield window. So for me, the Premium/LE was a hard pass.

So yes, the pro is worth getting.

#4702 4 years ago
Quoted from steffan:

see if the ball stop is going down after the first ball is shot.( white plastic rod in back of herman ) not sure what it's called. it stops the ball from making a loop when it is first shot.on mine sometimes it wouldn't go down ball would get stuck on it. needed an adjustment.

My upper orbit post also needed adjustment as the post was sitting slightly higher than the playfield. Enough that a slow moving ball would get hung up.

Lift the playfield, loosen the nut on the bolt under the orbit post, then screw the bolt in until the upper post is even with the playfield (or just a *hair* higher). Then re-tighten the nut.

#4703 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

How does pro hold up against the others? I'm not a big fan of mini playfields.
Is pro worth getting?

FWIW I owned a Pro and put 700+ games on it before upgrading to a Premium. The Pro is a great playing machine, looks great, sounds great, light show is great, and worth every penny. I now have 200 games on my Premium and glad I made the upgrade, worth every penny. So what I'm saying is Pro, Premium, or LE, is worth every penny if you like the theme. Lots to read in this thread from owners of all three models, if you can play each one before buying one that may be the best suggestion I can make.

#4704 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Plus I had a LOT of experiences with the ball on the upper playfield being redirected by the edge of the lower playfield window.

Robert you cant blame that on the playfield window, you blame that on the person that put the lower playfield glass on wrong! Also the lower playfield if a hell of a lot more than a novelty, its a huge addition to the gameplay and the code. Its a whole nother mode added to the game.

#4705 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Robert you cant blame that on the playfield window, you blame that on the DUMBASS that put the lower playfield glass on wrong! Also the lower playfield if a hell of a lot more than a novelty, its a huge addition to the gameplay and the code. Its a whole nother mode added to the game.

Agreed. The lower playfield shoots really nice (if you set the flippers to medium.)

I have some small problems with very slow moving balls on the upper playfield being affected by the edge. I assume it is screwed in too tightly?

#4706 4 years ago

The only thing this game really needs is a few more modes like Enlarging Ray, which is awesome, but rare since you only get one Mystery per game for some reason.

#4707 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where is our Munsters topper at folks? I want one!

We ordered one too!

#4708 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Agreed. The lower playfield shoots really nice (if you set the flippers to medium.)
I have some small problems with very slow moving balls on the upper playfield being affected by the edge. I assume it is screwed in too tightly?

The lower play field glass sits on 10 rubber o-rings under those Torx screws. The glass is managed by tightening or loosening the screws to adjust the o-ring tension and keep the glass/play field flush with each other.

Mine has gone out of adjustment and I am having some edge problems. I can't say with any qualification, but I think the weather might have a small effect with the o-rings.

Make your adjustments with a old credit with super sharp corners.

#4709 4 years ago

Does anyone know what those 8 dots right to the zap meter mean? They shift when you press the flipper buttons.

5A9E5718-07A2-4C70-857F-0506B2E316CE (resized).jpeg5A9E5718-07A2-4C70-857F-0506B2E316CE (resized).jpeg
#4710 4 years ago

Can someone please explain what the ZAP-button does, part from cancelling Super Jackpots? I don´t get it

#4711 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Does anyone know what those 8 dots right to the zap meter mean? They shift when you press the flipper buttons.[quoted image]

From what i understand, it does absolutely nothing.

#4712 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Does anyone know what those 8 dots right to the zap meter mean? They shift when you press the flipper buttons.[quoted image]

Braille code on its side? That's an "H", but it doesn't account for the last two dots...

#4713 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Pretty much everything that Cotton said is what you want to do to adjust the playfield glass. One thing that you need to make sure that you do is use a T-10 Torx bit on those screws and be very careful not to strip them out of booger them up. The playfield from my experience doesn't seem to be too hard to adjust though and to get level.

My apologies to everyone for being a dick in an earlier post calling someone a dumbass for having a unlevel playfield glass. I am working 3rd shift, dealing with a dying pet and going on 2 days of no sleep. Bad times at the moment for me.

#4714 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Can someone please explain what the ZAP-button does, part from cancelling Super Jackpots? I don´t get it

I pulled this from the rulesheet for you. Basically hit it everytime you can when you see it flashing but try not to lose a ball in doing so.

Screenshot_2019-06-20-04-06-37-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-06-20-04-06-37-1 (resized).png
#4715 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

From what i understand, it does absolutely nothing.

I don’t believe this one bit.

I have no idea what the 8 dots represent, but they have a purpose. I suspect a clue on how to get to secret mania.

#4716 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have no idea what the 8 dots represent, but they have a purpose. I suspect a clue on how to get to secret mania.

Like how you think...even basic logic indicates more to come w this one..

#4717 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have no idea what the 8 dots represent

Hell, If they were bigger I would have known dots were there. Learn something new everyday lol.

#4718 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Pretty much everything that Cotton said is what you want to do to adjust the playfield glass. One thing that you need to make sure that you do is use a T-10 Torx bit on those screws and be very careful not to strip them out of booger them up. The playfield from my experience doesn't seem to be too hard to adjust though and to get level.
My apologies to everyone for being a dick in an earlier post calling someone a dumbass for having a unlevel playfield glass. I am working 3rd shift, dealing with a dying pet and going on 2 days of no sleep. Bad times at the moment for me.

I have a torx wrench but am unclear about the sharp credit card part.

Very sorry to hear about your pet. Hang in there dude.

#4719 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

unclear about the sharp credit card part

Take the credit card, stand it on it's long side half on the playfield and half on the lower playfield window. The card should sit flat across both surfaces without elevation, if there is just adjust until it's flat. That will eliminate 99.9999% edge interference with the ball.

#4720 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Robert you cant blame that on the playfield window, you blame that on the person that put the lower playfield glass on wrong! Also the lower playfield if a hell of a lot more than a novelty, its a huge addition to the gameplay and the code. Its a whole nother mode added to the game.

I've noticed it on two separate LEs with two different owners. It could well be an adjustment issue.

I'm not arguing the validity of the lower playfield. It's just not for me (for the added cost).

Quoted from tpir:

I have no idea how the power was set to the lower flippers on the games I have played.

#4721 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It could also be a byte in which case the picture "01001100" would be a "2"

Watching some of the streams, "t" and "v" come up a lot.

#4722 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I have no idea how the power was set to the lower flippers on the games I have played.

As weird as it may sound, putting the lower playfield flippers to the soft power setting makes a huge difference in the lower playfield. It makes it feel more like real pinball. When i first played it on factory settings i was like...oh boy ive made a mistake, this lower playfield isnt cool at all. I changed the settings to soft as others on here suggested and it made a huge difference in the gameplay. Then from there on the lower playfield really grew on me and i am so glad that i got the premium.

Thats no knock against the pro either because its a great game as well. I just love the extra gameplay that the lower playfield brings.

#4723 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I have a torx wrench but am unclear about the sharp credit card part.
Very sorry to hear about your pet. Hang in there dude.

Take a credit card and cut the corners back so your corners are acute angles. Slide it back and forth over the window/ play field. If a corner catches the edge of either item then you are not adjusted correctly. You want free sliding action in both directions between the glass and the play field.

See post # 3564 on page #74 for a little more on the credit card.

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 5.23.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-20 at 5.23.09 PM (resized).png

#4724 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

As weird as it may sound, putting the lower playfield flippers to the soft power setting makes a huge difference in the lower playfield. It makes it feel more like real pinball. When i first played it on factory settings i was like...oh boy ive made a mistake, this lower playfield isnt cool at all. I changed the settings to soft as others on here suggested and it made a huge difference in the gameplay. Then from there on the lower playfield really grew on me and i am so glad that i got the premium.
Thats no knock against the pro either because its a great game as well. I just love the extra gameplay that the lower playfield brings.

True all that. Stern shoots itself in the foot by have the lower flippers powered up all of the way.

#4725 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

My Pro arrived today from Amazon. This is my first pin and I got a pretty good deal with the prime 5% off and free shipping (I think). The box came absolutely destroyed on the bottom corner though. Open so bad I could see the cab and was able to pull the legs out. I called up Amazon and told them I was not going to accept the box. They told me to go ahead and accept it and they would schedule a new one to be delivered next week and the guys would swap it out. If the machine turns out to be good they told me to call and cancel the replacement.
This is my first pinball machine and I'm not so sure what to look for to verify it's still ok. I have it setup and everything looks to be working ok. All connections appear tight and all switches are working. I've played about 10 games on it now and it seems to be ok. One ball got stuck on the outer orbit during multiball right in the center where the peg is but other than that the games have been flawless. There was no cosmetic damage to the cab from the tear in the box thankfully so it looks perfect. I have to imagine the damage came from a drop as the box was split on the bottom left corner of the trolly from this side of the box.
What would you do? Take the replacement and setup another machine or take the chance with this one that something else wasn't damaged that is not as visible? Thanks[quoted image]

Well, how do you like it so far?

#4726 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Take a credit card and cut the corners back so your corners are acute angles. Slide it back and forth over the window/ play field. If a corner catches the edge of either item then you are not adjusted correctly. You want free sliding action in both directions between the glass and the play field.
[quoted image]

Appreciate the detailed explanation!

#4727 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Well, how do you like it so far?

We love it and are having a ton of fun with it. I'm still in the learning phase as this is the first pin I have owned. I think there are some things that need tweaking but overall it plays really smoothly out of the box.

One question about functionality. I've watched some video of the launch of Munsters and the Herman toy moves a lot more than mine does. I see it move from time to time but no where near those videos. Did they reduce movement in later versions of the code?

#4728 4 years ago

We love it and are having a ton of fun with it. I'm still in the learning phase as this is the first pin I have owned. I think there are some things that need tweaking but overall it plays really smoothly out of the box.
One question about functionality. I've watched some video of the launch of Munsters and the Herman toy moves a lot more than mine does. I see it move from time to time but no where near those videos. Did they reduce movement in later versions of the code?

They didnt reduce his movement that i am aware of but he just barely moves backwards when he moves. You did cut the wire tie off of him when you set your game up right?

#4729 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]

You're the man cotton! Love your helpful pics and posts that you help people with. You are going to be our go to Munsters guy! You are never allowed to sell this game, we need your knowledge too much about it!

#4730 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They didnt reduce his movement that i am aware of but he just barely moves backwards when he moves. You did cut the wire tie off of him when you set your game up right?

Yeah I did cut the zip tie I was just watching my son play and it wasn't moving at all during Herman multi ball when getting hit. Going to check the connectors.

#4731 4 years ago

I guess Herman is not motorized. I don't see anything connected to it. Those guys in the video must have been bashing the heck out of it. I must not be flipping hard enough lol. It really looked like it was moving by itself in the videos.

#4732 4 years ago

Herman is on a small coil sort of like Sparky. It pulses and moves him slightly forward and back, you'll see it when he says Darn Darn Darn. However in the service menu I see no test or adjustments for him.

#4733 4 years ago

Herman is attached to a metal flap or flat bar if you’d like to call it. As the magnet in front of him pulses, it pulls on the metal flap that he’s attached to and causes it to move slightly. No coil directly on Herman.

#4734 4 years ago

ok, yeah I saw that metal bar and on mine there is not a lot of space for movement of it and can see why Herman doesn't move much. Good to know it's tied to the magnet. There is a loose nut that looks like it's connected to the magnet. I didn't touch it as I wasn't sure what it adjusted if anything. My magnet is quite strong and I regularly get both balls stuck and have to wait for the timeout to start multiball. Maybe some kind of adjustment is needed.

IMG_20190621_091109405 (resized).jpgIMG_20190621_091109405 (resized).jpg
#4735 4 years ago

ok, yeah I saw that metal bar and on mine there is not a lot of space for movement of it and can see why Herman doesn't move much. Good to know it's tied to the magnet. There is a loose nut that looks like it's connected to the magnet. I didn't touch it as I wasn't sure what it adjusted if anything. My magnet is quite strong and I regularly get both balls stuck and have to wait for the timeout to start multiball. Maybe some kind of adjustment is needed.

If the balls are getting stuck on the magnet, its quite possible your magnet is not flush with the playfield. That is what the large nut on the bottomside of the playfield is for, allows you to adjust the height on the magnet. You want to adjust it so the magnet top is flush with the playfield. Once you do that, the balls will no longer stick on it.

#4736 4 years ago

ok cool, I'll give that a look thanks!

#4737 4 years ago

ok, yeah I saw that metal bar and on mine there is not a lot of space for movement of it and can see why Herman doesn't move much. Good to know it's tied to the magnet. There is a loose nut that looks like it's connected to the magnet. I didn't touch it as I wasn't sure what it adjusted if anything. My magnet is quite strong and I regularly get both balls stuck and have to wait for the timeout to start multiball. Maybe some kind of adjustment is needed.[quoted image]

The balls are probably already magnetized and stick to each other.-
Balls included with new machines are "Builder Grade at best" you need to get "Quality Carbon Balls" cannot remember the best source.......Ball Baron maybe ??......Pinball Life used to have some nice "Shiiiny" balls that were the bomb.

#4738 4 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Pinball Life used to have some nice "Shiiiny" balls that were the bomb.

Yep.

#4740 4 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

If the balls are getting stuck on the magnet, its quite possible your magnet is not flush with the playfield. That is what the large nut on the bottomside of the playfield is for, allows you to adjust the height on the magnet. You want to adjust it so the magnet top is flush with the playfield. Once you do that, the balls will no longer stick on it.

Just a footnote to this, you really want the magnet to be very slightly above the Playfield to prevent wear on edge if the wood. But not so much above that it causes air-balls. Just enough so you can feel it with your fingers.

Ideally, same also applies to the window of the lower pf, but obviously that also risks slight deviation of the ball path in slow moving balls.

#4741 4 years ago

My magnet is quite strong and I regularly get both balls stuck and have to wait for the timeout to start multiball. Maybe some kind of adjustment is needed.

I'm glad to read that I am not the only one who has this problem with Herman magnet. Mine does on rare occasion ( i have enough games on this pin now the the term "rare" can apply). It seems like it happens when my flipper does not make a real hard hit and the ball sort of rolls up real slow like with just enough speed to kiss the ball already locked. And then I have to wait for the time out.

I think my magnet is adjusted correctly but I will recheck it.

#4742 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You're the man cotton! Love your helpful pics and posts that you help people with. You are going to be our go to Munsters guy! You are never allowed to sell this game, we need your knowledge too much about it!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Allow me to take a deep bow. You really know how to stroke a guy's ego

I will work especially hard to keep the driven monster's ego in check.

Now, please excuse me as I go remove the play field glass to "find" something else that needs fixing

#4743 4 years ago

I met a young pinballer yesterday at an estate sale where a pin was for sale. While I was still looking the pin over to see if it was worth buying, the kid made his jump and was over writing a check. And as I am standing there with my flashlight, the seller comes over, quite unceremoniously, yanks the price tag and says, "this has been sold".

I wound up helping the kid get the pin broken down and loaded up for transport. He offers to buy me lunch and I accept. I invite him over to play my pins. He is a pretty good player. He is jazzed with my Munsters.

His first game he ran up 30 million points and got 7 Eddie Loops ! I have been struggling for many games now and have only managed 4 Eddie Loops.

Anyway, we both were having a good time. Then he mentions BKSOW and says it is a pin.

So, here is a kid, who knows how to play, speaking favorably towards both pins. There was no BS talk about code.

Just thought I would put this out.

#4744 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I met a young pinballer yesterday at an estate sale where a pin was for sale. While I was still looking the pin over to see if it was worth buying, the kid made his jump and was over writing a check. And as I am standing there with my flashlight, the seller comes over, quite unceremoniously, yanks the price tag and says, "this has been sold".
I wound up helping the kid get the pin broken down and loaded up for transport. He offers to buy me lunch and I accept. I invite him over to play my pins. He is a pretty good player. He is jazzed with my Munsters.
His first game he ran up 30 million points and got 7 Eddie Loops ! I have been struggling for many games now and have only managed 4 Eddie Loops.
Anyway, we both were having a good time. Then he mentions BKSOW and says it is a pin.
So, here is a kid, who knows how to play, speaking favorably towards both pins. There was no BS talk about code.
Just thought I would put this out.

Bet he wasn’t on Pinside.

#4745 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Bet he wasn’t on Pinside.

You lose. He has a pinside handle but admits he is a lurker. I do not know what kind of stuff he reads on pinside, though.

We have traded PMs.

#4746 4 years ago

If anyone wants to see Munsters blown up, check out this stream from last night...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/441981343

#4747 4 years ago

To follow up on my Herman issue. Now that I know how the mechanism works I tested it and there was not enough of the actuator moving to actually make Herman move. I checked the back and the nut on the back of the magnet was completely loose and blocking the bar. So I tightened that down. I am not seeing any way to adjust the pad that catches the ball though. The large nut doesn't do it and it's already sitting up a hair above the playfield. The magnet seems to float in that area and is not really adjustable either. What adjusts the height of the magnet pad?

IMG_20190621_173853324 (resized).jpgIMG_20190621_173853324 (resized).jpg
#4748 4 years ago

Heard today from a Stern dealer that toppers are expected to ship from Stern on 7/5/19.

#4749 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Heard today from a Stern dealer that toppers are expected to ship from Stern on 7/5/19.

So are they actually available to order then right now?

#4750 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So are they actually available to order then right now?

Personally, I’m waiting until they’re tangible however I don’t see why they couldn’t be ordered now. The part number is 502-7083-00.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.