IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 237.
#4651 4 years ago

Hitting the Dragula shot during multiball with a lot of super jackpots stacked and Kitty stacks available makes for a fun situation... The game doesn't compute your total score until the very end of the super jackpot presentation, so you still have some time to try and get up to 6x playfield multiplier with the other balls in play.

#4652 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Scroll back up a few pages. The factory has made a fix for that. The factory will send you a corrected replacement.

Have had no luck finding that "fix" post. If anyone knows a part number for the stuck ball lower playfield fix, please post it here. I will contact my distributor. Every time it sticks, I gotta remove the glass on the lower playfield to retrieve it.

#4653 4 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Have had no luck finding that "fix" post. If anyone knows a part number for the stuck ball lower playfield fix, please post it here. I will contact my distributor. Every time it sticks, I gotta remove the glass on the lower playfield to retrieve it.

I would also like to get the fix as this happens to mine a lot but you should be able to lift the playfield and tip it back to the backglass and the ball will become un lodged. no need to take lower pf glass off.

#4654 4 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Sorry. Finding all the relevant posts was more of challenge than I thought.

Go to post #3551. Look at the pics and you will see what the change was. You can make the cut yourself, but Stern will send out a replacement part.

#3551 is on page 72. Here is the link.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/72

Other relevant posts are: 3557, 3563, 3565, 3574, and 3584. #3584 is my post and how I corrected my problem; Eventually, I will remove the lower play field and make the cut in the wire form, but for now, my plastic barrier is doing the job.

EDIT: I don't have the part number to the wire ramp handy, but you can find it in your owners manual.

#4655 4 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I just wanted to post a few pictures of the custom side rails and hinges, that are in the works. I can do them in any powder coating color (not just black) for the Munsters Pro and Premium....
This will be a limited run of them, so PM me if you are interested in upgrading the armor and color of your machine,
Steve
MI Pinball Refinery
231-740-8575
[quoted image][quoted image]

I am finally getting my order of these Premium B&W web site rails and Herman / Grand Pa hinges. I ordered a few extra sets of them, so if anyone is interested in getting them for their B&W Premium machine please PM me. Again I only have a few extras coming.

You can see my original post here in page 51.... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/51#post-4916758

Thanks everyone for waiting for them,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#4656 4 years ago

Finally a decent score!

20190615_154642 (resized).jpg20190615_154642 (resized).jpg
#4657 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Finally a decent score![quoted image]

Not bad. When you start getting those kind of points it gets pretty wild on the play field, don't it? For me, it was quite and adrenaline rush.

#4658 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Not bad. When you start getting those kind of points it gets pretty wild on the play field, don't it? For me, it was quite and adrenaline rush.

Sure is! Raven multiball is my favourite mode. Love that you can restart it!

#4659 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Got some pictures to share? Where can one buy them?

The LE-speakers are the Kenwood KFC-S1366, about 30$ on ebay. You then need to order these parts from www.pinballlife.com:

2 x Stern SPIKE 2 Speaker Plate For 5.25" Drivers (SKU: 515-1941-00)
2 x Stern Speaker Gasket (SKU: 626-5113-00)
8 x Plastic spacers 1/2" (SKU: 254-5000-xx)

About 100$ for these parts, total cost is around 130$.

You need to solder the old connectors to the new speakers. Part from that the installation is very simple.

#4660 4 years ago

Why this game is getting harder to get a good score on is beyond me!!!! Seemed to get it going when I first owned it...now crushing me on a regular basis...made 131m the other night (w 5x jackpots stacked), but cold and brutal beyond that....whew!!!

#4661 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Rick i cant imagine what would be causing that to happen. Have you taken the glass off and threw a ball around the loop to see if you can tell why its getting hung up?

Yes. I’m really not sure. I’ve already taken the glass off check the balls check the lane. There’s no debris in the area the wire forms on the side of the lane haven’t been bent and I can’t think of anything that happens a lot now. Still playing with it. Just want to see if anybody else had that issue .

#4662 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yes. I’m really not sure. I’ve already taken the glass off check the balls check the lane. There’s no debris in the area the wire forms on the side of the lane haven’t been bent and I can’t think of anything that happens a lot now. Still playing with it. Just want to see if anybody else had that issue .

Does this happen often? Do you have to take the glass off to get the ball unstuck or just shake the game? Does your game have the correct incline and is it level side to side good? What about when you take the glass off and roll the ball through that area, does it get stuck usually or no?

#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I don't have your problem but my ball has gotten hung up behind the Marilyn ramp a couple of times. ???? I can shake it loose and travel on. But I am going to have to pull the glass and have a look.

My Eddie Loops are smooth. I don't see anything in mine that looks like a ball could hang up on.

Strange.

#4664 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't have your problem but my ball has gotten hung up behind the Marilyn ramp a couple of times. ???? I can shake it loose and travel on. But I am going to have to pull the glass and have a look.
My Eddie Loops are smooth. I don't see anything in mine that looks like a ball could hang up on.
Strange.

Same here Cotton with my game.

#4665 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Hey man, next time it happens, take off your glass and try to snap some good pics that you can post here. Collective minds can come up with a lot of solutions.

#4666 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same here Cotton with my game.

I'm buried with fixing some minor issues with a couple of my other pins. After these are done, then I need to do a couple of items to Munsters and I am going to check this out.

#4667 4 years ago

Installed a set of PinGlides from Marco Specialties today in my Munsters Pro. They replace the Stern factory metal rails and allow for a smoother and better supported playfield lift and close. Just be careful not to over tighten to prevent an indentation on the outside cabinet overlay. You will need to remove the playfield so it's also a great opportunity to install art blades and possibly tie wrap your wiring to your liking.

IMG_7451 (resized).jpgIMG_7451 (resized).jpgIMG_7456 (resized).jpgIMG_7456 (resized).jpg
#4668 4 years ago
Quoted from Ebirah:

Installed a set of PinGlides from Marco Specialties today in my Munsters Pro. They replace the Stern factory metal rails and allow for a smoother and better supported playfield lift and close. Just be careful not to over tighten to prevent an indentation on the outside cabinet overlay. You will need to remove the playfield so it's also a great opportunity to install art blades and possibly tie wrap your wiring to your liking.[quoted image][quoted image]

I like these. But I would like them better if there was a longer tail on the end towards the player.

I'll tell you why. It is embarrassing is why I have not mentioned it yet. The glides ( from what I can tell in the pics) and Stern's factory units do a good job of keeping the play field locked into position when you lean the play field back on the back box. The play field is not going anywhere.

Now, let me rephrase, "The play field is not going anywhere---as long as it is leaning up against the back box". However, if you lower the play field and instead of pushing it towards the back of the cabinet, if you pull it towards you, it is not locked and will slide right off of the glides and down into the bottom of the cabinet.

Ask me how I know. If fucking sucks---big time!

I had my play field pulled out and resting on the support brackets on the lockdown area of the cab. OK. Now I am going to lift me play field and tilt it and lean it on the back box. Not thinking about it, I gave the play field a little pull and---CRASH !. I am not a big person. It took me an hour to figure out how to get the leverage to get the play field of the bottom of the cab.

You can call me an idiot. I don't care. It is one of those things that will not happen to a person twice. I know how to fix things so this would have never happened in the first place. I just don't want to be drilling any extra holes in my cabinet.

If any of you do not believe me, get a couple of you friends to stand at the sides of your play field and be ready to catch it when you give it a tug.

#4669 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I like these. But I would like them better if there was a longer tail on the end towards the player.
I'll tell you why. It is embarrassing is why I have not mentioned it yet. The glides ( from what I can tell in the pics) and Stern's factory units do a good job of keeping the play field locked into position when you lean the play field back on the back box. The play field is not going anywhere.
Now, let me rephrase, "The play field is not going anywhere---as long as it is leaning up against the back box". However, if you lower the play field and instead of pushing it towards the back of the cabinet, if you pull it towards you, it is not locked and will slide right off of the glides and down into the bottom of the cabinet.
Ask me how I know. If fucking sucks---big time!
I had my play field pulled out and resting on the support brackets on the lockdown area of the cab. OK. Now I am going to lift me play field and tilt it and lean it on the back box. Not thinking about it, I gave the play field a little pull and---CRASH !. I am not a big person. It took me an hour to figure out how to get the leverage to get the play field of the bottom of the cab.
You can call me an idiot. I don't care. It is one of those things that will not happen to a person twice. I know how to fix things so this would have never happened in the first place. I just don't want to be drilling any extra holes in my cabinet.
If any of you do not believe me, get a couple of you friends to stand at the sides of your play field and be ready to catch it when you give it a tug.

I’m not laughing because this happened to me as well. I had to call a buddy of mine over to help me lift the play field out in its wedged position because it got stuck so bad. Put a big scratch on the inside cabinet that luckily mirror blades later covered. Man I was pissed!

#4670 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Man I was pissed!

Yeah, me as well. I'm a failure-proof kind of guy. This should not have been able to happen to a 1st time Stern buyer. I call it sub-standard engineering, but my guess is that the bean counters are the responsible parties.

I have not been one of those who are talking trash about Stern being cheap, but in this case, Stern is being cheap. I can make a fix for this for less than $5.00 retail cost for materials. Stern could make the fix for pennies.

#4671 4 years ago

I felt the middle area of my pro needed some more light so I added 4 spots to brighten it up. I used existing screws so it's completely reversable. Here is a before and after shot with only the GI on.

20190614_171830.jpg20190614_171830.jpg20190614_171913.jpg20190614_171913.jpg
#4672 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I felt the middle area of my pro needed some more light so I added 4 spots to brighten it up. I used existing screws so it's completely reversable. Here is a before and after shot with only the GI on.[quoted image][quoted image]

Now that is nicely done without distraction from the art or game. Nice work.

#4673 4 years ago

I felt the middle area of my pro needed some more light so I added 4 spots to brighten it up. I used existing screws so it's completely reversable. Here is a before and after shot with only the GI on.[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look nice. Where did you get the spots?

#4674 4 years ago

Well done. I have some spots on the way for my Pro as well.

#4675 4 years ago

Anyone got the Wolfie shooter rod from Stern? Is it good? Pics?

#4676 4 years ago
Quoted from thebosson:

Those look nice. Where did you get the spots?

Everything came from Pinball Life.

Sockets - https://www.pinballlife.com/playfield-accent-spotlight-assembly.html

Bulbs - https://www.pinballlife.com/ablaze-4-smd-led-555-wedge-base-lamp.html (Cool White)

I ended up NOT using the reflectors on the spots for a number of reasons. First and foremost they weren't needed and the spots would be more obtrusive with them on. Secondly, if I used them I would have had to put the spots on standoffs for ball clearance on the upper sling positions.

I like the SMD bulbs from PBL because they are very low profile and put out a lot of light.

For power, I put 2-pin male Molex connectors on the end of each spot. I added a couple of 2-pin female Molex connectors under the playfield and tapped into existing white GI.

For added stealth, I put black shrink tubing over the lamp and socket which should also help keep the bulb in place.

Bulbs were mounted on existing screws. A couple of them required me enlarging the mounting hole on the spotlight itself.

Wires were routed through existing holes.

I did notice the spotlight that Stern used on Herman is very small and may also work well. Not sure if it's available somewhere or if it comes with any type of mounting bracket.
20190614_171921.jpg20190614_171921.jpg20190614_171937.jpg20190614_171937.jpg20190614_171944.jpg20190614_171944.jpg20190614_171950.jpg20190614_171950.jpg

#4677 4 years ago

Looks amazing!!! Took a similar approach w my BM66LE...a few spots is all these games need, and Munster's artwork glows all on its own....

#4678 4 years ago

My Pro arrived today from Amazon. This is my first pin and I got a pretty good deal with the prime 5% off and free shipping (I think). The box came absolutely destroyed on the bottom corner though. Open so bad I could see the cab and was able to pull the legs out. I called up Amazon and told them I was not going to accept the box. They told me to go ahead and accept it and they would schedule a new one to be delivered next week and the guys would swap it out. If the machine turns out to be good they told me to call and cancel the replacement.

This is my first pinball machine and I'm not so sure what to look for to verify it's still ok. I have it setup and everything looks to be working ok. All connections appear tight and all switches are working. I've played about 10 games on it now and it seems to be ok. One ball got stuck on the outer orbit during multiball right in the center where the peg is but other than that the games have been flawless. There was no cosmetic damage to the cab from the tear in the box thankfully so it looks perfect. I have to imagine the damage came from a drop as the box was split on the bottom left corner of the trolly from this side of the box.

What would you do? Take the replacement and setup another machine or take the chance with this one that something else wasn't damaged that is not as visible? Thanks

2019-06-17 (resized).jpg2019-06-17 (resized).jpg
#4679 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

My Pro arrived today from Amazon. This is my first pin and I got a pretty good deal with the prime 5% off and free shipping (I think). The box came absolutely destroyed on the bottom corner though. Open so bad I could see the cab and was able to pull the legs out. I called up Amazon and told them I was not going to accept the box. They told me to go ahead and accept it and they would schedule a new one to be delivered next week and the guys would swap it out. If the machine turns out to be good they told me to call and cancel the replacement.
This is my first pinball machine and I'm not so sure what to look for to verify it's still ok. I have it setup and everything looks to be working ok. All connections appear tight and all switches are working. I've played about 10 games on it now and it seems to be ok. One ball got stuck on the outer orbit during multiball right in the center where the peg is but other than that the games have been flawless. There was no cosmetic damage to the cab from the tear in the box thankfully so it looks perfect. I have to imagine the damage came from a drop as the box was split on the bottom left corner of the trolly from this side of the box.
What would you do? Take the replacement and setup another machine or take the chance with this one that something else wasn't damaged that is not as visible? Thanks[quoted image]

Boxes arriving damaged is common unfortunately. If there is no damage to the game then it is fine, call them and tell them its ok.

#4680 4 years ago

If it’s all good. Keep it and enjoy.

#4681 4 years ago

My Pro arrived today from Amazon.

Is there any external damage to the cabinet itself? If not, keep it. Anything internal would be covered under warranty.

#4682 4 years ago

If you suspect it was dropped, I would take a close look at the inner cabinet under the playfield- just to ensure there are no cracks nor structural damage.
Look along the corner seams and ensure all looks perfect.
Sounds like you’re likely ok; but I think it’s worth doing a close inspection inside and out.
Enjoy your new game!

#4683 4 years ago

Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it. I'll take a really good look around those corners and check for damage. From initial inspections I didn't see anything. We've had a number of games tonight and we are loving this pin. My son is very opinionated and he just wants to keep playing it.

#4684 4 years ago

If the pallet the game was strapped to looked OK then as most have stated you are probably OK. If the pallet was damaged then you might want to check the cabinet joints where they are bonded together. Good chance you are OK as Stern made improvements to the cabinet construction.

#4685 4 years ago

I didn't see any damage to the pallet it was on. Just the one corner was completely opened up about half way. Enough to stick my hand in and remove the box the legs were in. Looked like it was either dropped or something really heavy put on top of it. It does sound like I lucked out and will be calling Amazon in the morning after taking another look. I'm really impressed with Amazon's response so far.

#4686 4 years ago

I didn't see any damage to the pallet it was on. Just the one corner was completely opened up about half way. Enough to stick my hand in and remove the box the legs were in. Looked like it was either dropped or something really heavy put on top of it. It does sound like I lucked out and will be calling Amazon in the morning after taking another look. I'm really impressed with Amazon's response so far.

Yes that sounds like really good customer service. As others have stated you're probably fine and shouldn't need to return it. Enjoy!

#4687 4 years ago

After looking things over real well today I called up amazon and canceled the replacement. They said if anything stops working in the next month call them up and they will ship a new one for exchange no questions asked. To top it off they gave me a nice discount on the machine. Could not be happier with how amazon handled this. I was really worried buying a pin from amazon but this has been a good customer service experience. Wish I had not needed it but happy now all the same. Thanks for the advice.

#4688 4 years ago

I have a quality issue on my LE. Some line worker was getting cute. Doing 3rd rate work. He just got caught. I will be sending these pics to Stern.

We are looking at the Dragula platform on the left side of the play field.

This post was not screwed down all of the way. Matter of fact, it was not even screwed in at all. See how the plastic has been distorted and pushed up?

IMG_1318 (resized).JPGIMG_1318 (resized).JPG

It is the post for one of the rubbers. It gets worse.

IMG_1323 (resized).JPGIMG_1323 (resized).JPG

Post not screwed in at all.

IMG_1325 (resized).JPGIMG_1325 (resized).JPG

This is the post on the other end. Same deal. Not screwed in. At all.

IMG_1329 (resized).JPGIMG_1329 (resized).JPG

So, what is the reason for all of this? It is a clearance issue.

The discrepancy has been corrected in this pic. You can see the washers I have installed underneath the wire ramp. The washers are needed to obtain clearance between the wire ramp and the outlane metal guide.

Instead of screwing the two posts into the installed play field T-nuts, laying down the plastic, and then installing some washers on top of the plastic, and then installing the wire ramp, the lazy fuck just set the two posts into the holes without screwing them down. Then he flopped the plastic on, proceeded to screw the plastic down in two other places. This distorted the plastic and the two posts that were not screwed down were used as "spacers" for the wire ramp.

IMG_1333 (resized).JPGIMG_1333 (resized).JPG

IMG_1334 (resized).JPGIMG_1334 (resized).JPG

If Stern has any quality control inspectors on the line, they are not paying attention and not doing their job. If there is any inspection paper work at all, the inspectors are just pencil whipping it.

This kind of horse shit should not be happening on a $10,000.00 machine.

My LE is #380. Assembly lines do not operate in a vacuum. And this turd of a line worker has probably done this same substandard work on the pins in front of mine and the pins after mine.

Take a good look at your Munsters on the left hand side at the Dragula racer. If your plastic ends are pointed up and there are not washers/spacers under the wire ramp, you have been had.

Can I see a show of hands?

#4689 4 years ago

I have LE #331. Fortunately I did not have that issue. Sorry you have to deal with that crap!

#4690 4 years ago

Where is our Munsters topper at folks? I want one!

#4691 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where is our Munsters topper at folks? I want one!

They are waiting to release it together with a massive code update

#4692 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where is our Munsters topper at folks?

In a galaxy far far away.

Sorry, wrong game.

#4693 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

They are waiting to release it together with a massive code update

That was pretty funny i gotta admit!

#4694 4 years ago

How does pro hold up against the others? I'm not a big fan of mini playfields.

Is pro worth getting?

#4695 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Is pro worth getting?

Personally I would have loved the premium over the pro. I could not justify the extra 2K however so I bought the pro and I love it. Such a wonderful machine and I think it will keep its value over time where the market for a prem or LE will be much tougher.

#4696 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Is pro worth getting?

Both models are fun but the lower playfield is pretty damn cool and this is coming from a guy that hates lower playfields. Both games are great shooters and fun, but if you can afford the extra money then get a premium.

#4697 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Is pro worth getting?

Haven't played the Premium/LE but really like the Pro. You don't get the lower playfield (which looks awesome) but you also don't get any interruptions in gameplay. So it's one hell of a intense game playing the Pro (even though you can get even more intense on the dual playfield multiball on the Premium/LE). I also didn't want to spend that much money to get the lower playfield.

#4698 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

You don't get the lower playfield (which looks awesome) but you also don't get any interruptions in gameplay.

It's really not an interruption in game play but rather an addition. When the scoop is shot on both machines, you'll get your grandpa intro. On the pro it's then a kick release and shoot away, on the Prem/LE it's a basement shootout. So action is going on both machines. Now what really separates the two is Munster Madness and Midnight Madness when you have both upper and lower playfields going at the same time. It's creates such a great rush and desire for control.

#4699 4 years ago

To try and counter any misperceptions here: There is nothing wrong with the Pro. You will get a lot of play action out of it. You will not feel cheated. You will not feel like the Pro is missing something.

Like the others, I like my lower play field, but it is more like the cherry on top of the hot fudge sundae. The lower play field is a very small part of the game. It is intense; It is fun. But it is a small part of play action.

#4700 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

No one answered my post about stuck balls in the left Eddie orbit. Is anyone having issues with balls getting stuck there?

see if the ball stop is going down after the first ball is shot.( white plastic rod in back of herman ) not sure what it's called. it stops the ball from making a loop when it is first shot.on mine sometimes it wouldn't go down ball would get stuck on it. needed an adjustment.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.00
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
5,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/94?hl=gamerrick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.