IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 237.
#4551 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Super congrats to your brother!!! Figure the well is pretty dry on LE's by now.....

Thanks. We are in Southern California and he had to order it from Connecticut.

#4552 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Well after a five day dry spell I finally got to M/M tonight 3 out of 5 games, all on ball 3 though so no scoring breakout for me. I play the mode like MK6PIN, I actually step back just a bit, focus my play on the lower playfield and pick up the upper in my peripheral view. I manage to get some pretty long play this way and score pretty good. I haven't really tried another method yet, but I'm going to stick with this method I think for now. Too bad I can't jack up my multiplier and cash in before I drain the damn ball

Are you still loving your new Premium Pinhead?

#4553 4 years ago

Every time I play Munsters I think an angel loses its wings!!! lol I literally almost had a whole game just now where the ball when straight down the center and I couldn't touch it... holy crap I suck!!! lol

#4554 4 years ago

only thing worse is when I have 3,4 or 5 in a row drain on RHS....how do they do that?!!?

#4555 4 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

Every time I play Munsters I think an angel loses its wings!!! lol I literally almost had a whole game just now where the ball when straight down the center and I couldn't touch it... holy crap I suck!!! lol

Don't feel bad because this game is not easy. It can be down right frustrating at times. Even when its kicking your butt though its still fun seems like.

#4556 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

only thing worse is when I have 3,4 or 5 in a row drain on RHS....how do they do that?!!?

Run a rubber band.... lol. I have been tempted... LOL

#4557 4 years ago

Yes Who-Dey, so glad I made the swap from the Pro to the Premium. It is also a humbling experience in that my games and scores haven't been up to the same level of play when compared to the Pro. The major difference being now having 3 ball setting (vs 5 on my Pro), and the dynamics of the lower playfield and trying to adapt to how the game playes with this added feature. Nothing taken away from the Pro, a great game, but certainly the lower playfield feature changes things, in a good way!

Yup, it is my go to game every time I play pinball. This game has also helped to improve my overall game play because it is fast, my GB and GOTG are both fast games as well, but Munster's is by far the fastest in my collection. I hoping to break my 121 million score barrier this weekend, crossing my fingers!

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Don't feel bad because this game is not easy. It can be down right frustrating at times. Even when its kicking your butt though its still fun seems like.

The Lyman Sheets wannabes think it is too easy.

#4559 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Yes Who-Dey, so glad I made the swap from the Pro to the Premium. It is also a humbling experience in that my games and scores haven't been up to the same level of play when compared to the Pro. The major difference being now having 3 ball setting (vs 5 on my Pro), and the dynamics of the lower playfield and trying to adapt to how the game playes with this added feature. Nothing taken away from the Pro, a great game, but certainly the lower playfield feature changes things, in a good way!
Yup, it is my go to game every time I play pinball. This game has also helped to improve my overall game play because it is fast, my GB and GOTG are both fast games as well, but Munster's is by far the fastest in my collection. I hoping to break my 121 million score barrier this weekend, crossing my fingers!

I have a week off of work and i plan on getting some good time in on this game. I will see if i can beat your 121 million also. It wont be easy.

#4560 4 years ago

Didn't get a chance to play today or this evening, tomorrow is on for sure though. I have faith in you Who -Dey, you've been having some good games with those jackpots stacked. I have a feeling you are close to a breakout game. Here's my two high scores so far, I gotta get those jackpots stacked and 6x multiplier.

20190528_195629 (resized).jpg20190528_195629 (resized).jpg20190528_195637 (resized).jpg20190528_195637 (resized).jpg
#4561 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Didn't get a chance to play today or this evening, tomorrow is on for sure though. I have faith in you Who -Dey, you've been having some good games with those jackpots stacked. I have a feeling you are close to a breakout game. Here's my two high scores so far, I gotta get those jackpots stacked and 6x multiplier.[quoted image][quoted image]

We will see. I have been struggling for some reason with this game. I still love playing it though. Im sure that i will have a good game eventually. If i have to i will take the glass off!

#4562 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We will see. I have been struggling for some reason with this game. I still love playing it though. Im sure that i will have a good game eventually. If i have to i will take the glass off!

Game is tuff. Game kicks my ass a lot. I love it.

#4563 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Game is tuff. Game kicks my ass a lot. I love it.

Yes it is, and can be very frustrating at times but even when it’s frustrating i still have fun and keep hitting that start button. I bet 90% of these people on here complaining about the code couldn’t break 100 million if their life depended on it. They would probably never see anymore code then they are seeing now even if Stern did add to the code.

#4564 4 years ago

I finally got around to installing my pinstadium lights this morning and then got an email saying the hovers were out. Great timing lol. They were incredibly easy to install. I connected the GI to a white bulb on the Lilly mono and the flasher to purple light in Grandpa's scoop. I might move the flasher to another location though. I haven't really played with the settings much but and I'm still not sure if this pin even needs the extra lights, but it's kinda cool.
20190608_132902 (resized).jpg20190608_132902 (resized).jpg20190608_132914 (resized).jpg20190608_132914 (resized).jpg

20190608_132916 (resized).jpg20190608_132916 (resized).jpg
#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes it is, and can be very frustrating at times but even when it’s frustrating i still have fun and keep hitting that start button. I bet 90% of these people on here complaining about the code couldn’t break 100 million if their life depended on it. They would probably never see anymore code then they are seeing now even if Stern did add to the code.

I was wondering about this too. The easiest and most likely way that depth will be added is through Level 3s of the modes*. There is already a lot on the run to Munster Madness 2 and I find it hard to believe the haters are reaching it currently on a consistent basis.

(*I don't think this will happen either because it would involve redoing the UI and I have my doubts it was engineered properly to make that an easy art swap.)

#4566 4 years ago

That lighting is way too much and doesn't really fit Munsters. B&W tables look best with frosted warm white GI turned down to like 80%.

#4567 4 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I finally got around to installing my pinstadium lights this morning and then got an email saying the hovers were out. Great timing lol. They were incredibly easy to install. I connected the GI to a white bulb on the Lilly mono and the flasher to purple light in Grandpa's scoop. I might move the flasher to another location though. I haven't really played with the settings much but and I'm still not sure if this pin even needs the extra lights, but it's kinda cool.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Umm..No... imho

#4568 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

That lighting is way too much and doesn't really fit Munsters. B&W tables look best with frosted warm white GI turned down to like 80%.

I turned the warm white down and it's looking much better

20190608_162802 (resized).jpg20190608_162802 (resized).jpg
#4569 4 years ago

I set a new personal high score tonight. People can bitch about the code all they want. I'm having a blast.

20190609_001033 (resized).jpg20190609_001033 (resized).jpg
#4570 4 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I set a new personal high score tonight. People can bitch about the code all they want. I'm having a blast.[quoted image]

Wow nice score! Are you running the 1.0 code?

#4571 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Are you running the 1.0 code?

and what are the ball settings? Great score!

#4572 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wow nice score! Are you running the 1.0 code?

Thanks. I'm running 1.0 code and have all the settings still on stock, except for ball save which is set to 15. Normally I hit 70-100 million with exceptional games going to 200 million but I learned a few tricks last night.

Spot has been killing me with a SDTM drain so I spent hours yesterday just practicing a backhand shot from the left flipper. Once I got that down I was able to hit the left ramp 8 out of 10 times with a backhand so now I'm also able to easily kick off Raven and Raven restart.

When I start a game I go after Lilly first since her letters reset after a drain, then I clear grandpa and go after spot since he is so risky. Mystery can also help out here if Spot isn't activated and give a chance for an extra ball or Raven. Next I get an extra ball from Grandpa since 3 characters are finished and then go for Herman, Raven, then Munster Madness and I cancel every super jackpot until I I have 6X.

Last night I cleared Munster Madness twice. Games on average lasted 5 minutes but now they are going on 20. The right outlane is still a bitch, so I also moved the post down and that has helped some. I've also gotten better with nudging so that's saved me a few times.

Also my vision isn't the best and I've drained during spot when the lights would go out after a hit, the pinstadiums have definitely helped me do a better job of keeping track of the ball.

#4573 4 years ago

Spot is brutal!!! Can't seem to get consistent w that shot for some reason

#4574 4 years ago

Had some pinball friends over last night and would you believe that out of my seven game collection that Munsters was the second most played game last night? IMDN Premium was the clear favorite but Munsters was right there behind it. I find it amazing that a game that is considered to be the worst coded game ever by some here on Pinside could be be so enjoyable to people that they wanted to play it for seven hours straight last nite! If i ever get a good game one day these guys may never want to leave my house when they come over.

#4575 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Spot is brutal!!! Can't seem to get consistent w that shot for some reason

Agreed! Exciting to hit the ramp and have him pop up for a second and anxiously trying for a quick hit for another easy letter before he goes back under.

#4576 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Had some pinball friends over last night and would you believe that out of my seven game collection that Munsters was the second most played game last night? IMDN Premium was the clear favorite but Munsters was right there behind it. I find it amazing that a game that is considered to be the worst coded game ever by some here on Pinside could be be so enjoyable to people that they wanted to play it for seven hours straight last nite! If i ever get a good game one day these guys may never want to leave my house when they come over.

Looking over the "hate" comments, it is a lot of the same people that feel the need to constantly slam this pin. I'm coming to a conclusion that they may hate that some actually like/love it, they can't fathom that people don't feel the way they do, and feel the need to convince us that we must be wrong. Making a personal comment that you don't like a particular machine is understandable...just do it, let it go at that. You ain't going to change people's minds by taking every opportunity to say it again and again...it just looses value in being ..yeah, we know "you" don't like it, and we bypass your comments, or even ignore you.
We all here, know who they are

I also have had the same experience with people coming over and really enjoying this pin.

Loving the game...and I have let go some of the so-called best.

#4577 4 years ago

@shinyball: Your comments are spot on and I couldn’t agree with you more.
We know and have been reminded by the same Pinsiders how much they feel the game & code sucks.

Just seems like there is a constant need to bash this pin. We get it- why not just move on? What’s similarly annoying, is how those that sell mods on this site, even in some cases for the exact same games they relentlessly bash, continue to be repeatedly cynical of this game.

Yes, the rule-set could be deeper and hopefully Dwight will be given the resources to enhance the code.
However, it isn’t crap. The negativity now has just moved from the Hype thread to the Worst Code ever thread.
As it stands now, in my opinion, it’s still a fun game to play and it makes a great complement to the other pins in my collection. My family enjoys having a variety of simpler and deeper pins.

#4578 4 years ago

Currently, in pinside marketplace there are 5 LEs for sale or trade. There are no bargain prices, no fire sale prices going on.

I bought my LE a month ago as 2nd owner. I got it for a discounted price. There 3-5 more LEs that were for sale for a discount. Those days are gone.

The LEs have moved to owners that plan to hold tight, IMO.

Buying when I did was the right move. For me.
=============•
There are no Premiums for sale.
==========

There are 6-7 Pros for sale.
=========

That’s it. The early dumpers have dumped.

#4579 4 years ago

Fell into a trap in the lower playfield. I had to remove the clear cover to free the ball. Propped itself between the plastic and the support ring on the wireform.

Nasty.

trap (resized).jpgtrap (resized).jpg

#4580 4 years ago

I can finally join. Just picked up my LE last Monday.

5D8CE8AE-7E6E-48FD-AF06-D94AE43307C0 (resized).jpeg5D8CE8AE-7E6E-48FD-AF06-D94AE43307C0 (resized).jpeg
#4581 4 years ago

What I can’t understand is why everyone here is concerned about how others like this game? If you like it, that’s all that matters!

Now who’s going to get to MM III first? Anyone notice rule differences there? I can see a level III for every mode including MM coming.

#4582 4 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Fell into a trap in the lower playfield. I had to remove the clear cover to free the ball. Propped itself between the plastic and the support ring on the wireform.
Nasty.
[quoted image]

Scroll back up a few pages. The factory has made a fix for that. The factory will send you a corrected replacement.

#4583 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What I can’t understand is why everyone here is concerned about how others like this game? If you like it, that’s all that matters!
Now who’s going to get to MM III first? Anyone notice rule differences there? I can see a level III for every mode including MM coming.

Man..MMIII? Won't be me first, for sure....

Got rid of all that negative chatter awhile back, btw...

Love the game (not sure if it's loving me back lately though)...refining my lab shots, and stacked (5x) jackpots last night however...big move for me...hard to hit the cancel button!!!

#4584 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

THIS exactly!!!

I really don’t care how many hate posts/threads about Munsters are out there. I love the game and will never be selling it. Gameplay is still tough in my eyes (I won’t be closing down outlanes though and absolutely won’t be drilling new posts positions)... but easy enough to have an average length game of a few minutes, come away smiling, and hit the start button for “just one more”.

I suppose one way to look at it is that since everyone hates this game, I’ll be a proud owner of a “rare” game a couple decades from now that nobody wanted to buy!!

#4585 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Just seems like there is a constant need to bash this pin.

No more so than those who feel the need to pump it all the time.

If by “bash this pin” you really mean “really want to see more robust code that exploits the theme” I would think most owners and wanna be owners would agree on that point.

You would figure the vast majority of those in the owner’s thread would like it and that they are the ones that should be able to tune everything else out.

If you don’t agree with or don’t understand the other opinions, ignore them. In the end, the only opinion on a game in your collection that matters is yours.

#4586 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Scroll back up a few pages. The factory has made a fix for that. The factory will send you a corrected replacement.

Looks like he has the fixed wire ramp. They removed the wire where the ball is resting..... I would email Stern and ask them what they think.

#4587 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No more so than those who feel the need to pump it all the time.

Well, this a club for current owners ( I thought that is what it meant to be in it)..so, not surprising that we may really like our machines and "are" pumped

#4588 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Well, this a club for current owners ( I thought that is what it meant to be in it)..so, not surprising that we may really like our machines and "are" pumped

Exactly. It’s also the only thread where those commenting have spent good time on the game and understand the rules. 99% of the bashing is from people who’ve played a few games then made their mind up based on what others have said on Pinside.

#4589 4 years ago

Just got a Munsters LE! Loving it! Very nice pin! I love the shots and flow!!

#4590 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Congrats!!! Welcome, and enjoy your new pin!!!

#4591 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Hey! You are going to fit right in with a bunch of friendlies. !

#4592 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

No, it isn’t surprising.

But my main point was that Munsters owners should ignore the noise. Why get riled up if others don’t like/want the game for whatever reason?

(“In the end, the only opinion on a game in your collection that matters is yours”).

#4593 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok i put the dead drop foam in and i couldn't really decide at what point of the scoop that the ball was hitting so i just lined pretty much the entire inside of the scoop except for a small section near the bottom. Probably not needed or ideal but you dont really notice it (unless you have the scoop lit up with a scoop light mod) so who cares.
I found that it definitely helped alot. Its still not 100% but i dont know of any other scoops that are either, it is definitely a worthy improvement though and i recommend doing it. I also lowered the back of my game down (after i had already tested the scoop) just to see if it got any better and to see how it plays. It didn't make the scoop rejects any better or worse and im undecided on gameplay at this point until i can put more time in on it. It does seem like it helps with the accuracy of the lower playfield though.
Here are a few pics of the foam that i added to give you an idea of what i did. Sorry for the crappy pics, my phone camera isnt the greatest.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi-
What is the thickness of this foam?

1/8 or 1/4”

Thx

#4594 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There is nothing wromg with the code. Game is meant to be tuff and is fun as hell. Sue has managed 250 mill high score, me 150 mill. Our avarage scores are prob 50 mill.

Game rocks! A keeper for us.

#4595 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

There is nothing wromg with the code. Game is meant to be tuff and is fun as hell. Sue has managed 250 mill high score, me 150 mill. Our avarage scores are prob 50 mill.
Game rocks! A keeper for us.

Holy crap, Sue doesn’t mess around does she? 250 million is a very high score.

#4596 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Hi-
What is the thickness of this foam?
1/8 or 1/4”
Thx

Not sure because im not home to measure at the moment but i would guess 1/8. I can measure if you need me to later. This is what i used though.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=131

#4597 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Holy crap, Sue doesn’t mess around does she? 250 million is a very high score.

My fault for showing her how to build the multiplyers and stack the super jackpots!

#4598 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not sure because im not home to measure at the moment but i would guess 1/8. I can measure if you need me to later. This is what i used though.
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=131

If you could that would be great!

Thx again.

#4599 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Exactly. It’s also the only thread where those commenting have spent good time on the game and understand the rules. 99% of the bashing is from people who’ve played a few games then made their mind up based on what others have said on Pinside.

I’ve played over a hundred games on Munsters and pretty sure I understand the rules. Anyone who buys (or doesn’t buy) a game based on what people say on Pinside isn’t very smart. But it does seem that Munsters owners are far more bothered by what they perceive as negative attacks by others than what you see on other games. That is what I find curious. It’s good that many enjoy the game as it is. Pinball is about fun. There should be no need to defend a game you love and yet Munsters owners seem compelled to do so more than most.

If I end up owning the game, I’ll be glad to tell people why I bought it and like it. But I won’t get defensive with those that don’t.

#4600 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ve played over a hundred games on Munsters and pretty sure I understand the rules. Anyone who buys (or doesn’t buy) a game based on what people say on Pinside isn’t very smart. But it does seem that Munsters owners are far more bothered by what they perceive as negative attacks by others than what you see on other games. That is what I find curious. It’s good that many enjoy the game as it is. Pinball is about fun. There should be no need to defend a game you love and yet Munsters owners seem compelled to do so more than most.
If I end up owning the game, I’ll be glad to tell people why I bought it and like it. But I won’t get defensive with those that don’t.

I think you are reading way too much into this jfh. I dint think any of us care to the point we are mad or anything like that. We just think its a shame that a few of individuals felt they had the need to actually start a Munsters bash thread and act like it is their job in life to give this game a bad rap and possibly hurt the sales of the game. Everybody is not going to like this game or any other game, and that doesnt offend me in the least. They just need to say what they want to say and shut up about it. Theres no need to keep bitching for what, four months now is it?

Im not mad even a little bit. I think its unfair and bad for this hobby and Stern which i feel is a good company that i am very thankful is still making pinball machines but im not mad. I think childish it’s more than anything. Theres plenty of games that i think suck horribly bad especially from a particular company, but could you imagine if i was in their threads day after day after day ragging on those games? People would be pissed off and downvoting me and cussing me out, and i would be getting moderated for being a broken record and causing trouble and stuff. I just think its a shame truthfully that Dwight and Stern has to put up with shit like this. I want more code also, who doesn’t especially on a great game like this, but this game is fun as hell and it doesn’t deserve the bad press that it is getting from a few individuals on here. This game is not the total disaster that a few people are trying to make it out to be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/92?hl=aussiegeorge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.