IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 237.
#4501 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Do you think they would damage the originals? Would like to keep game intact while adding mods etc. They look cool as hell!
Or maybe I can order a set of originals and stash away...

I don't think Stern will sell you an original set of LE side blades for your LE unless you sign over your first born. You can buy the Black/White units for the Premium as they are listed for sale. LE means some of the replacement parts have to be limited edition, as well, is my thinking.

#4502 4 years ago

Are they dynamic, or is the "animation" in a static loop?

#4503 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Mine is Spot.... I have everything but.... and then SDTM....or the dang right side... I think I want to try some slightly larger bumpers on those right side posts.....

I'm learning the safest way to attack Spot is with left handed flipper back hand. Right hand is SDTM most of the time.

Try to leave your bumpers as is. It is your pin. On free play. There is no cost to losing the balls. Just start another game.

Open up your tilt bob and make your settings for 3 tilt warnings. And start learning how to nudge your pin to shake the ball from the outlane. I'm succeeding with saving the right hand drain about 40% of the time. I'm hoping to get better. At least it is my goal. All I can tell you is when I do save a right hand drain I get good satisfaction from it. To me, this is right up there with getting 3 or 4 Eddie Loops.

Yeah. It is your pin and you can do what makes you happy. But you have a good playing pin that will give you lots of good shots that should help you become a better player. Those outlanes do bite. I understand. But this game is not a drain monster. Work it for what it is.

#4504 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Are they dynamic, or is the "animation" in a static loop?

Sound activated, so dynamic.

#4505 4 years ago

Stern Topper announced with availability “soon” on today’s Stern of the Union Address.

#4506 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't think Stern will sell you an original set of LE side blades for your LE unless you sign over your first born. You can buy the Black/White units for the Premium as they are listed for sale. LE means some of the replacement parts have to be limited edition, as well, is my thinking.

I wondered about that.....

#4507 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

IMO, you would be better off to sell your LE and get a color Premium it for want to add those.

Guess I am leaving it alone...

#4508 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Guess I am leaving it alone...

I think the animated, lit ones look great, but preserving the LE features a good idea, imho...those blades look pretty cool anyway..

Notice how the troll mob is sort of leaving this title alone, and moving to the next? There are many buying and enjoying this game...Me being one

#4509 4 years ago

Sterns SOTU address: Hope you Munster's owners are enjoying the 1.00 code. No mention of any updates or tweaks in the works. Are they serious, did they even read all the emails and posts in the code suggestion thread? At least acknowledge some of the concerns of your buyers and make a statement.

Well at least BM66 will be getting yet another update soon, really enjoying the hell out of this title.

#4510 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think the animated, lit ones look great, but preserving the LE features a good idea, imho...those blades look pretty cool anyway..
Notice how the troll mob is sort of leaving this title alone, and moving to the next? There are many buying and enjoying this game...Me being one

Agree!! Not sorry about this being my first NIB ( or any ) pin!!, Do have a BM66 on order....

#4511 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Stern Topper announced with availability “soon” on today’s Stern of the Union Address.

This is great great news!. I can't wait to see it, going to be a must have i am sure. I couldn't pass up a cool topper for this game here no way in hell.

#4512 4 years ago

Do you guys think that this picture of the Munsters topper is the real deal?

8d067879fa7b81e6df55a85881f36cf322d0cf08 (resized).jpg8d067879fa7b81e6df55a85881f36cf322d0cf08 (resized).jpg
#4513 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Sterns SOTU address: Hope you Munster's owners are enjoying the 1.00 code. No mention of any updates or tweaks in the works. Are they serious, did they even read all the emails and posts in the code suggestion thread? At least acknowledge some of the concerns of your buyers and make a statement.
Well at least BM66 will be getting yet another update soon, really enjoying the hell out of this title.

I'm glad you are enjoying your Batman 66. Other than Munsters that I was able to play before I bought it, ALL of my pins were purchased after I found some good videos on youtube to watch. Robocop was a video buy and, for me, a good buy.

I finally had a look at Batman 66. Yeah, I guess it is OK but it did not do much for me. If I get a chance to play one I may change my mind. But as I kept watching the videos, I kept focusing on that Merry Go Round back on the left side. And all I could think of is the Merry Go Round on Gilligan's Island.

#4514 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you guys think that this picture of the Munsters topper is the real deal?[quoted image]

Where is Marilyn?

#4515 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where is Marilyn?

Not enough room for her i guess on there. It looks like that raven door opens doesnt it?

#4516 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm glad you are enjoying your Batman 66. Other than Munsters that I was able to play before I bought it, ALL of my pins were purchased after I found some good videos on youtube to watch. Robocop was a video buy and, for me, a good buy.
I finally had a look at Batman 66. Yeah, I guess it is OK but it did not do much for me. If I get a chance to play one I may change my mind. But as I kept watching the videos, I kept focusing on that Merry Go Round back on the left side. And all I could think of is the Merry Go Round on Gilligan's Island.

I thought it might have been hokey at first too that merry go round but it actually integrates itself great with the game play. BM66 does compliment the Munster's too IMHO, they are sitting side by side in my line up which is rather funny for the Batman was the main reason The Munster's was cancelled after it's second season. It was the new in color shin dig in town that celebrities were actually inquiring to make an villain appearance cameo on.

Not giving up hope yet and hoping that there is still more to come for the Munster's down the road, we do know it took BM66 almost three years to get to the point where now you're seeing coding greatness. Next time you see one with the latest code, give it a whirl.

#4517 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you guys think that this picture of the Munsters topper is the real deal?[quoted image]

I think it looks great. But, I have to be honest ... I "hope" they have a black-'n-white option for the B/W Premium owners.

#4518 4 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

I think it looks great. But, I have to be honest ... I "hope" they have a black-'n-white option for the B/W Premium owners.

Good point. I would think that they will probably.

#4519 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Good point. I would think that they will probably.

I actually called Stern a couple weeks ago and asked that question. I was told there would only be one version. I also would prefer a B&W version. Doesn't appear to be an option.

#4520 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I actually called Stern a couple weeks ago and asked that question. I was told there would only be one version. I also would prefer a B&W version. Doesn't appear to be an option.

Wow, that seems crazy. Make a black and white machine, then don't make a matching topper, LOL.

#4521 4 years ago

The topper is almost black and white anyway? Sort of greyscale. Should look good on the B&W premium. Maybe even better than on the other versions.

#4522 4 years ago

I´m looking for a splitter for the dome flashers, anyone know where I can find one? Need it as I want to add another flasher to the left and right dome flashers. If anyone can help me out, please send a PM.

#4523 4 years ago

Side armor just went up for order!

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.54.16 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.54.16 AM (resized).png
#4524 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I´m looking for a splitter for the dome flashers, anyone know where I can find one? Need it as I want to add another flasher to the left and right dome flashers. If anyone can help me out, please send a PM.

Comet pinball

#4525 4 years ago

I finally made it to Munster Madness again last night, i was starting to wonder if i was ever going to get there again. I only ended up with around 75 million points and i left 7 super jackpots on the table, had my 6X playfield lit and everything, all i had to do was make the Dragula shot and it would have been a pretty nice game.

How are you guys playing Munsters Madness that have the lower playfield? I try and trap the balls up on top and then play the lower playfield. It seems like that would be better than just blindly flipping away at both playfields right?

#4526 4 years ago

I pretty much play the lower since it is the quicker flipping playfield... Chances are I hit something on top as well when I concentrate on the lower.

#4527 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Comet pinball

Couldn't find it there (though they had other splitters), but I'll send them an email.

#4528 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I finally made it to Munster Madness again last night, i was starting to wonder if i was ever going to get there again. I only ended up with around 75 million points and i left 7 super jackpots on the table, had my 6X playfield lit and everything, all i had to do was make the Dragula shot and it would have been a pretty nice game.
How are you guys playing Munsters Madness that have the lower playfield? I try and trap the balls up on top and then play the lower playfield. It seems like that would be better than just blindly flipping away at both playfields right?

I’ve had good luck with playing the upper playfield methodically, and just flipping the lower playfield as I flip the upper playfield. If I happen to get a good safe trap up top, I’ll concentrate on the lower playfield. Was able to have a good long MM that way more than once.

#4529 4 years ago

So are there any cool shooter rods out there? Considering Sterns Wolfie-rod but maybe there are better ones?

#4530 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

So are there any cool shooter rods out there? Considering Sterns Wolfie-rod but maybe there are better ones?

I have made some Grandpa ones and will be making some Herman ones sometime soon. None on hand right now but I can cast some more, here is the Grandpa one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/74015

#4531 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I try and trap the balls up on top and then play the lower playfield. It seems like that would be better than just blindly flipping away at both playfields right?

Yes, this. You have enough time to rip some Herman/Kitty shots before the ball saver ends, but once the mode switches to the Raven portion you should trap everything on the upper playfield.

FWIW, you can only do this the first time through to the hurry-up for Munster Madness 1. After that the lower playfield only activates when you hit the current area shot on the upper playfield.

#4532 4 years ago

I finally got to spend a couple hours playing Munsters Pro, I didn't know what to expect after the rather mixed reviews, but wow that game is surprisingly fun ! I really like the pace it takes when plunging the ball, how the music starts frantically, the light show, it gets you straight in the action. The animations are great, even if I'm not a fan of the tv show, the game flows really well and the rules are easy to get.

I hope I can find an LE somewhere and try the second playfield, but I definitely like this game !

#4533 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

But the lower pf has endless ball save, so you may as well use that with no risk until it kicks you out. I use my upper pf ball save to make a few shots then trap up before the upper pf ball save runs out. Then finish as much as I can below - no risk there.

#4534 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

wow that game is surprisingly fun

Just wait until you really learn what is is you are trying to achieve. Thats when the real fun starts!

#4535 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How are you guys playing Munsters Madness that have the lower playfield? I try and trap the balls up on top and then play the lower playfield

Doesn't that directly take away from what the entire "play upper and lower at the same time" (end/ wizard mode , hoo haa) was designed for. The one thing that separates this game from others?

#4536 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Doesn't that directly take away from what the entire "play upper and lower at the same time" (end/ wizard mode , hoo haa) was designed for. The one thing that separates this game from others?

I dont think so really. Its no different than.l playing any other multiball. The pros almost always keep balls trapped up during multiball to have control of their shots. I just want.to score the maximum points that i can acore.

#4537 4 years ago

I was playing Herman multi-ball and the pin started playing some different kinds of music and it started searching for lost balls. I had to shut the pin off.

And then I found out why I was having trouble. IMG_1205 (resized).JPGIMG_1205 (resized).JPG

#4539 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Actually the opposite. The beauty of having the double buttons is that you can separate upper and lower play. This is what’s unique and the code encourages you to try and control the chaos. It’s not easy, but once you perfect it, it’s a blast.

Just flipping both sets of flippers trying to make shots defeats the whole purpose of having them running together yet being able to control separately. If the point was to just flip both sets of buttons together, they wouldn’t have gone to all the effort of separating them.

#4540 4 years ago

Just got the new titan flipper bat rubbers for lower pf installed today. I can't recommend these enough!!!!

Slightly thicker than originals, and definitely provides more softness to the feel, allowing you to control the ball much, much better...

I enjoy "time in the basement" and have already gotten better at backhands, cradling, and overall control of that pf..slowing things down a bit.

Get these!!!!!

Munsters (2) (resized).jpgMunsters (2) (resized).jpg
#4541 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Actually the opposite. The beauty of having the double buttons is that you can separate upper and lower play. This is what’s unique and the code encourages you to try and control the chaos. It’s not easy, but once you perfect it, it’s a blast.
Just flipping both sets of flippers trying to make shots defeats the whole purpose of having them running together yet being able to control separately. If the point was to just flip both sets of buttons together, they wouldn’t have gone to all the effort of separating them.

The pure interaction fun and skill is off the charts when you get both pf's going....I've tried both ways, focusing on the main or lower pf. Truly a test of dexterity and focus. Personally, I enjoy keeping most of my focus on lower, then trying to play the uppers as I can see better that way (peripheral vision keeps me focusing center, but seeing the larger flippers as they come into play).

Good grief, what a unique game!!!!

#4542 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just got the new titan flipper bat rubbers for lower pf installed today. I can't recommend these enough!!!!
Slightly thicker than originals, and definitely provides more softness to the feel, allowing you to control the ball much, much better...
I enjoy "time in the basement" and have already gotten better at backhands, cradling, and overall control of that pf..slowing things down a bit.
Get these!!!!![quoted image]

Did you put these on through the top window?

#4543 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Did you put these on through the top window?

Yep...very easy...

#4544 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep...very easy...

Truly don't know why many are afraid of the Torx T10, or removing the top plastic. It's a legit, solid head style, and when properly seated, will last quite some time. I've had mine off several times just to clean, screw around w things, and have had zero problems. Plastic is easy to square.

The clear plastic will certainly scuff w ball travel over time, but haven't seen a dimple on it yet...

#4545 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Truly don't know why many are afraid of the Torx T10, or removing the top plastic. It's a legit, solid head style, and when properly seated, will last quite some time. I've had mine off several times just to clean, screw around w things, and have had zero problems. Plastic is easy to square.
The clear plastic will certainly scuff w ball travel over time, but haven't seen a dimple on it yet...

Not afraid- just haven't had to do it yet. I haven't had any ball hang up issues or need to clean the cover. I was thinking about pulling Grandpas Machine out to see about getting some micro LED's in it for effects. No signs of scuffing yet either, but backups were purchased...

#4546 4 years ago

Just helped my brother unbox and setup his new LE. Video is on YouTube if anyone is interested.

472AD965-A0E3-451F-9D49-EEF500682C8B (resized).jpeg472AD965-A0E3-451F-9D49-EEF500682C8B (resized).jpeg
#4547 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I was thinking about pulling Grandpas Machine out to see about getting some micro LED's in it for effects.

You and I are on the same page I suspect, w this thought....sooo much potential w Grandpa's machine for a truly innovative lighting mod. Probably the only area that would really benefit...could you imagine how cool a legit static discharge plasma device between the 2 electrodes would look? Been playing in the shop...

#4548 4 years ago
Quoted from Kensurfs:

Just helped my brother unbox and setup his new LE. Video is on YouTube if anyone is interested.
[quoted image]

Super congrats to your brother!!! Figure the well is pretty dry on LE's by now.....

#4549 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You and I are on the same page I suspect, w this thought....sooo much potential w Grandpa's machine for a truly innovative lighting mod. Probably the only area that would really benefit...could you imagine how cool a legit static discharge plasma device between the 2 electrodes would look? Been playing in the shop...

Duuude !!! If you figure this out you have to share it or sell it - that sounds REALLY cool !

#4550 4 years ago

Well after a five day dry spell I finally got to M/M tonight 3 out of 5 games, all on ball 3 though so no scoring breakout for me. I play the mode like MK6PIN, I actually step back just a bit, focus my play on the lower playfield and pick up the upper in my peripheral view. I manage to get some pretty long play this way and score pretty good. I haven't really tried another method yet, but I'm going to stick with this method I think for now. Too bad I can't jack up my multiplier and cash in before I drain the damn ball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/91?hl=pinupgirl1975 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.