IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 237.
#4351 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Been playing the used PRO a recently bought some more and really like this game. The theme, layout and shots are really good. I have been bashing the code, and yes it would be nice with more goals - but the game is really fun and intense already! Love the combination of horror and humour. Got tons of mods ordered.

I hate to say i told you so, but i told you so!

#4352 4 years ago

A question for those who upgraded the speakers on their Pros to the Kenwood ones, have you noticed any better sound?

#4353 4 years ago

Yes. A bit. It’s a fuller sound. Cleaner highs.
And aesthetically it looks great, at least in the premium.

#4354 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Yes. A bit. It’s a fuller sound. Cleaner highs.
And aesthetically it looks great, at least in the premium.

Ok! I got hold of the speakers but where do I get the rest of the parts needed for the Pro?

#4355 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

don't know why it did that. All is back to normal now, it seems; I'm getting several 1 mil-2 mil games again. Just lie old times.
What I have noticed is that my Herman magnet now seems to throw the ball a little bit. I have yet to get a Herman Hurry Up to see if it will stop the drains coming from the magnet release.
The sounds had seemed a little off time before. Now they seem to synch pretty good with the play field.
Other than the double action with the upper and lower play field both being active during Munster Madness, I can't place me finger on any other changes. I don't care for the double action play fields at all. I don't know about anybody else, but all I can do is flail about wildly and hope for the best. But I don't know what I am supposed to be doing. I"d like to turn this feature off but need to look into it deeper as I ddi not see anything about it the settings.
I don't know about your scoop issues.

I know there is an option to disable the lower playfield by itself which by doing so would result in M/Madness upper playfield only. But then you would be giving up the lower playfield all the time, something I wouldn't want to do. If you do find another setting let us know.

#4356 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I know there is an option to disable the lower playfield by itself which by doing so would result in M/Madness upper playfield only. But then you would be giving up the lower playfield all the time, something I wouldn't want to do. If you do find another setting let us know.

Yeah, if you are turning off the lower PF then might as well get a Pro. I find the LPF requires focus and concentration. I'm going to send an SOS to Stern. They turned it on so they can turn it off, too.

#4357 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

If i could turn it off for Munster Madness only and have it active during the rest of the game i would do that in a heartbeat.

#4358 4 years ago

I found as I upgraded the code my game scores got worse.mine is down for the time being.

em (resized).jpgem (resized).jpg
#4359 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If i could turn it off for Munster Madness only and have it active during the rest of the game i would do that in a heartbeat.

It’s in the adjustments already. Under features. It’s called:

Do you want the game to stop being fun?

Default : NO

#4360 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lol i didnt see that in there. Im not a fan of the two playfields going at once sorry. Its just not any fun to me.

#4361 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol i didnt see that in there. Im not a fan of the two playfields going at once sorry. Its just not any fun to me.

You can always only just hit the upper flipper buttons , just saying

#4362 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

You can always only just hit the upper flipper buttons , just saying

I sent a contact to Stern asking how to turn it off or if we can just ignore it. I’d be cool if with it if ignoring it does not affect anything.

#4363 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Yeah! That way we could easily compete with Who-Dey's well earned Super jackpot score. Might be the only way for me to get by him.
I want to earn my scores compared to the way the game is everywhere on locations and tournament play. No fun saying I reached a milestone by closing off or reducing the drains...for me, at least.
Getting a high score with all the challenges of the drains is rewarding..specially in a tournament play...or like Who-Dey / tpir did. congrats btw

Well said. I have my tilt bob backed out quite a ways so I can nudge this pin.

The drains are tough, I won’t deny. But they are not impossible. And I get a particular satisfaction of being able to smack the lockdown bar and having that ball bounce out of the drain and back onto the play field.

It helps, I hope, to make me a little bit better of a player. Like maybe someday I could enter a tournament and be able to compete.

The game is on Free Play and a new game is just a button push away.

To each their own, but I can’t see crippling the pin just so I can get a higher score.

And yesterday I reached my goal of getting 4 Eddie Loops. Next goal is 5 Eddie Loops. And I would like to get a triple combo on the ramps.

#4364 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ha...agreed...the game lives on the edge of frenzied to start with...MM just confirms it...I pick one of the two playfields and just go for it...I'll never have the eye/ hand coordination to sort that out....insane!!! (how people don't like this game is beyond me...absolutely a blast)

#4365 4 years ago

I get a lot better scores on my MBR...but yet, I want to play Munsters more ..cause it constantly kicks my ass. I want to beat this machine and it ain't ez.
Have I had some good games..yep! But have to say, I had more embarrassing scores..keeps me coming back. I'm hooked.

#4366 4 years ago

I've gone back and forth between my BM66LE and MunstersLE tonight.....an amazing duo!!!! Focused and cursing BM66 (2 of 3 TV scenes lit is as far as I could get), hanging on and cursing my Munsters (never even made it to MM...destroying me)..2 completely different and fun rides!!!!

#4367 4 years ago

Missed MM 2nite cause of Grandpa's lab this time, I got in there twice..but couldn't get it started. Darn,darn,darn!

#4368 4 years ago

@mk6pin: I went back forth between my Munsters LE and BM66 as well tonight lol.
Two such different pins and both a blast.
Played a bunch of very quick games on Munsters before finally getting things to click, reaching MM. Man toggling 2 sets of flippers is so tough.

#4369 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Got lucky and was awarded Enlarging Ray from Mystery on ball 1 in the lab. Had a good run from there to get the 3 Grandpa super jackpots lit right out of the gate (Mystery, Grandpa, Enlarging Ray.)
Ended up with 8 super jackpots at 6x playfield during Raven multiball on ball 3. (The game said "you have ALL the super jackpots lit" so I got really excited, but I definitely did not have the Spot or Marilyn super jackpots lit.)[quoted image]

Just snaked you both; 8 SJ and 6x. So much fun.

B71DDB03-A3CC-4522-BF1E-2985B2A7110A (resized).jpegB71DDB03-A3CC-4522-BF1E-2985B2A7110A (resized).jpeg
#4370 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just snaked you both; 8 SJ and 6x. So much fun.[quoted image]

Nice job Crooked! Cashing in the jackpots is a lot of fun! What is your highest GC score so far?

#4371 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nice job Crooked! Cashing in the jackpots is a lot of fun! What is your highest GC score so far?

You calling me a Crook Who-Dey ? Just because I beat your SJ score lol.

I’m at 248m (no ball save) for GC. Got most of that on MM with 6x running. What’s yours?

#4372 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You calling me a Crook who-dey ? Just because I beat your SJ score lol.
I’m at 248m (no ball save) for GC. Got most of that on MM with 6x running. What’s yours?

If i told you my high score i would publicly humiliate myself.

Lets just say its a lot less than yours, like 110 million less lol. Im going to push for a 200 million game though. I can do it i think. I do have a ball save of 7 seconds on my game though. 248 million is crushing it!

#4373 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If i told you my high score i would publicly humiliate myself.
Lets just say its a lot less than yours, like 110 million less lol. Im going to push for a 200 million game though. I can do it i think. I do have a ball save of 7 seconds on my game though. 248 million is crushing it!

Not sure if the ball save makes a huge difference for most games. I think if you’re having a good game you’re probably not making making any use of it anyway.

#4374 4 years ago

Just put up this - 250m of it was on MM with 6x running.

12314DB4-8F81-4060-94ED-EB2D788AD084 (resized).jpeg12314DB4-8F81-4060-94ED-EB2D788AD084 (resized).jpeg
#4375 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just put up this - 250m of it was on MM with 6x running.[quoted image]

Lol wow! Thats what you call blowin it up!

#4376 4 years ago

Not sure if I dreamed this or not... but I thought I read somewhere that there is there a way to install the two lower playfield balls by pushing them between two of the plastics rather than having to remove the metal piece on the bottom of the playfield. Any help is appreciated.

#4377 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Not sure if I dreamed this or not... but I thought I read somewhere that there is there a way to install the two lower playfield balls by pushing them between two of the plastics rather than having to remove the metal piece on the bottom of the playfield. Any help is appreciated.

That metal ball trough is only two screws. It takes literally about 1-2 minutes to take it out and drop the balls in and put it back in. Its a piece of cake. I think its a 1/4” nut driver that takes them out.

#4378 4 years ago

When I got mine the lower playfieild had some dust residue, So I needed to take the top off to clean and adjust it anyways, so installed then.

#4379 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

You sound like someone who just brought a new Premium home.

#4380 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You calling me a Crook

Well you are an Aussie

#4381 4 years ago

Geezers, I gotta start playing my game, I'm falling way behind in scoring compared to you high rollers. Getting to M/M about 2 out of 5 games, but just can't work both those play fields good enough to get good scoring yet.

20190514_174921 (resized).jpg20190514_174921 (resized).jpg
#4382 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Geezers, I gotta start playing my game, I'm falling way behind in scoring compared to you high rollers. Getting to M/M about 2 out of 5 games, but just can't work both those play fields good enough to get good scoring yet.[quoted image]

Hey if you are getting to Munster Madness two out of five games you are doing way better than i am, i almost never get there. I told you to turn that 60 second ball save off!

#4383 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Geezers, I gotta start playing my game, I'm falling way behind in scoring compared to you high rollers. Getting to M/M about 2 out of 5 games, but just can't work both those play fields good enough to get good scoring yet.[quoted image]

That’s only because you spent all that time hand carving 22 or so grandpa scoop protectors for everyone. I just got mine yesterday. Thank you so much John! Now get back to playing will ya?

#4384 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

The best method I’ve figured out yet is I concentrate on the lower playfield and I just hit the upper flippers whenever I see a main ball heading towards the flippers but I keep my focus on the lower playfield. That seems to work best. Since they tweaked it trapping the balls on the upper play field doesn’t really work anymore.

#4385 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey if you are getting to Munster Madness two out of five games you are doing way better than i am, i almost never get there. I told you to turn that 60 second ball save off!

Quoted from GamerRick:

The best method I’ve figured out yet is I concentrate on the lower playfield and I just hit the upper flippers whenever I see a main ball heading towards the flippers but I keep my focus on the lower playfield. That seems to work best. Since they tweaked it trapping the balls on the upper play field doesn’t really work anymore.

Quoted from GamerRick:

That’s only because you spent all that time hand carving 22 or so grandpa scoop protectors for everyone. I just got mine yesterday. Thank you so much John! Now get back to playing will ya?

Well Who-Dey you have to remember that I had 550 games on my Pro prior to getting my Premium, so that prior game play helped. Also now that my Premium is on factory settings (except 8 sec ball save) I find it has made my strategy to trap up the ball and focus on overall ball control has improved my game play in general. The fact that this game plays so fast has also made my other games easier to play, thats a bonus.

Thanks for the recommendation gamerRick, I will work on that strategy, seems logical rather than my trying to train one eye on the upper and one on the lower like a chameleon, trust me that don't work too good.

Yup, now that all the rubbers are shipped out I can get back to playing, thanks!

#4386 4 years ago

Hi All - Some help needed... I installed Pingraffix Powerbladez but they only work when sound activated. I tried turning the dial on the power unit but all it does is change the sensitivity to sound. I'm looking to have them on all the time with the lightning effect. Am I missing something or is there a problem with the unit? Thanks in advance for any help.

#4387 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi All - Some help needed... I installed Pingraffix Powerbladez but they only work when sound activated. I tried turning the dial on the power unit but all it does is change the sensitivity to sound. I'm looking to have them on all the time with the lightning effect. Am I missing something or is there a problem with the unit? Thanks in advance for any help.

That's how they work, sound activated.

#4388 4 years ago

For those of you that have purchased the DVD series since purchasing the machine... I gotta say I'm loving these old episodes.

I seriously can't pick a favorite and I'm so impressed that they have stood the test of time. So many of those old shows from my childhood are almost intelligence insulting – ha ha – but not the Munsters. It truly is a testament to the writers.

Stayed up till 2:30 last night watching a few episodes. Last night, Herman went out swimming and a Russian submarine thought he was a sea monster and picked him up. By the end of the show, he got them all singing and dancing. Lily couldn't find him and was pissed!

Anyway, my brother made a cool move and bought the series for me when I got my machine. Just wanted to pass it on if there was any interest. It has been posted by others before but as a reminder, here is the series.

IMG_5233 (resized).JPGIMG_5233 (resized).JPG
#4389 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

For those of you that have purchased the DVD series since purchasing the machine... I gotta say I'm loving these old episodes.
I seriously can't pick a favorite and I'm so impressed that they have stood the test of time. So many of those old shows from my childhood are almost intelligence insulting – ha ha – but not the Munsters. It truly is a testament to the writers.
Stayed up till 2:30 last night watching a few episodes. Last night, Herman went out swimming and a Russian submarine thought he was a sea monster and picked him up. By the end of the show, he got them all singing and dancing. Lily couldn't find him and was pissed!
Anyway, my brother made a cool move and bought the series for me when I got my machine. Just wanted to pass it on if there was any interest. It has been posted by others before but as a reminder, here is the series.[quoted image]

Its great! and $25 for 12 discs......steal!

#4390 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That's how they work, sound activated.

I thought in the install video, when the machine was turned on, they went into lightning effect mode. I’ve also seen them on display at shows (not installed ) and they were working without sound activation.

#4391 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You sound like someone who just brought a new Premium home.

Actually was recently delivered after winning it in Project Pinball raffle! Haven’t played it yet as have been putting mods in it. Almost ready now.

#4392 4 years ago

I had to share this “stuck ball” situation with all of you!

About a week ago ... the ball barely made it up the left ramp, slowly disappearing behind the backboard. It never actually came out of the other side and down the wireform. I shook the game numerous different ways and it didn’t seem to help. The game compensated really quickly and spit out a second ball of which I figured, “okay ... I’ll knock the other ball loose with it on my next ramp shot”.

That didn’t happen. In fact, I forgot all about it.

For a week I’ve been playing the game and I completely forgot there was even a stuck ball back there.

Until today when I went to remove the balls (so I could put on some MODs) and realized there were only five in the trough.

“What the?!”

It turns out the ball was stuck on the switch behind the backboard and kept switching-places every time I hit the ramp. Which would explain why I forgot all about it, to be honest. Funny enough - the transfer was always seamless and the switch worked flawlessly.

Anyway ... there ya’ go. If you end up with five balls in the trough - check behind the backboard. Lol.

Chris

8B8AEBCB-B13A-4E59-BEE7-A83AA4C400F6 (resized).jpeg8B8AEBCB-B13A-4E59-BEE7-A83AA4C400F6 (resized).jpeg
#4393 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I thought in the install video, when the machine was turned on, they went into lightning effect mode. I’ve also seen them on display at shows (not installed ) and they were working without sound activation.

At shows there is constant noise so they run. They don’t work in attract mode, unless there is noise. The ones for AFMr are on a constant pattern, not sound activated.

#4394 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

At shows there is constant noise so they run. They don’t work in attract mode, unless there is noise. The ones for AFMr are on a constant pattern, not sound activated.

The demo by pingraffix shows the Munsters in constant pattern as well which made me think that that was a selectable option.

#4395 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I found when there is constant noise that they just stay on solid rather than go through the sequencing pattern

#4396 4 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

I had to share this “stuck ball” situation with all of you!
About a week ago ... the ball barely made it up the left ramp, slowly disappearing behind the backboard. It never actually came out of the other side and down the wireform. I shook the game numerous different ways and it didn’t seem to help. The game compensated really quickly and spit out a second ball of which I figured, “okay ... I’ll knock the other ball loose with it on my next ramp shot”.
That didn’t happen. In fact, I forgot all about it.
For a week I’ve been playing the game and I completely forgot there was even a stuck ball back there.
Until today when I went to remove the balls (so I could put on some MODs) and realized there were only five in the trough.
“What the?!”
It turns out the ball was stuck on the switch behind the backboard and kept switching-places every time I hit the ramp. Which would explain why I forgot all about it, to be honest. Funny enough - the transfer was always seamless and the switch worked flawlessly.
Anyway ... there ya’ go. If you end up with five balls in the trough - check behind the backboard. Lol.
Chris[quoted image]

Mine was getting stuck there because some dumbass at the factory ran the wires through the wireform lol.

#4397 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine was getting stuck there because some dumbass at the factory ran the wires through the wireform lol.

Working on assembly line can be tough ball busting work. I wonder what kind of turnover Stern experiences on its line. New hires can do some of the craziest things. That looks like a new hire mistake.

#4398 4 years ago

Mine are not activated to sound same Patten over and over even if the house is quiet. I was wondering why people were saying they were sound activated. Mine definitely are not.

#4399 4 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Mine are not activated to sound same Patten over and over even if the house is quiet. I was wondering why people were saying they were sound activated. Mine definitely are not.

At least I know I'm not crazy. Well... that's still debatable.

#4400 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

At least I know I'm not crazy. Well... that's still debatable.

I think we are all a little crazy or we wouldn't be in this crazy hobby that we are in right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/88?hl=gamerrick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.