IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 237.
#4251 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Based upon you two guys liking it, and having it in your collections. I sealed the deal and will pick it up shortly.

Congrats! Come join us in he Batman club thread. No (more) complaining about code over there ...

#4252 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Congrats! Come join us in he Batman club thread. No (more) complaining about code over there ...

LOL, Ironically it will sit next to The Munster's which is the show that Batman forced off the air for this now new color sitcom had everyone's attention.

Yeah I'll jump in there as well but still need to sit here and ride Dwight & George for some more meat and potatoes in the Munster's. Squeaky wheel get the grease, and we are hoping for some grease.

#4253 4 years ago

My plan was for The Munsters to go next to my Batman LE. If the grease ever shows up that may still happen ...

#4254 4 years ago

Same here

#4255 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

My plan was for The Munsters to go next to my Batman LE. If the grease ever shows up that may still happen ...

You will jump eventually...

The game is a great counterpart to BM66, as they are so different..MunstersLE (you must get the LE or Premium, imho) may be more simplistic code wise, but a shear pita to play (in a good way) that differs from BM66. 2 different rides, for sure......

#4256 4 years ago

I have Munsters pro and Xmen Le back to back and it's a great contrasting combo I either play 2 games of Xmen or 15 games of Munsters

#4257 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I have Munsters pro and Xmen Le back to back and it's a great contrasting combo I either play 2 games of Xmen or 15 games of Munsters

Does that mean Munsters isn't nice or Xmen is easier?

#4258 4 years ago

Feeling like if everyone jumps in and doesn’t wait this out, Stern will have no motivation to better the code. If everyone were to email them and tell them that’s what they’re waiting for, they’ll be plenty motivated.

It is good now, but for the price we’re paying it should be classic, with plenty of TV series related modes and content. There’s seventy shows, but it feels like they’ve selected parts from only a couple. Yes, Batman has set a standard that most expect from Munsters too. They are contemporaries after all. Shallow code just doesn’t cut it for this beloved show.

We’re all paying plenty for this title and deserve some depth or rather enough to keep us satisfied for years to come and not just our friends that visit occasionally. We just can’t buy for them. Stern needs to know we have their money waiting...

#4259 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Feeling like if everyone jumps in and doesn’t wait this out, Stern will have no motivation to better the code. If everyone were to email them and tell them that’s what they’re waiting for, they’ll be plenty motivated.
It is good now, but for the price we’re paying it should be classic, with plenty of TV series related modes and content. There’s seventy shows, but it feels like they’ve selected parts from only a couple. Yes, Batman has set a standard that most expect from Munsters too. They are contemporaries after all. Shallow code just doesn’t cut it for this beloved show.
We’re all paying plenty for this title and deserve some depth or rather enough to keep us satisfied for years to come and not just our friends that visit occasionally. We just can’t buy for them. Stern needs to know we have their money waiting...

Unfortunately their lack of replies to concerned emailers is astounding.

Surely they could at least reply saying thanks for writing , at least acknowledging the email.

Not a sound......just amazes me

#4260 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Unfortunately their lack of replies to concerned emailers is astounding.
Surely they could at least reply saying thanks for writing , at least acknowledging the email.
Not a sound......just amazes me

If they answered all the emails that they get they never would get any work done i bet. I wouldn’t put too much into that honestly. Stern is notorious for not sharing any info with the public. I dont like it either but its nothing new. I played the game quite a bit last night and i love it. I do hope we get more also because this pin could go from great to one of the best ever with some more code. The code may be shallow but it kicks my ass game after game still.

#4261 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Does that mean Munsters isn't nice or Xmen is easier?

It means they're both fun but in different ways.Munsters is a fast paced adrenaline rush with shorter ball times and Xmen is an epic pinball journey with long ball times and deep code.

#4262 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Munsters is a fast paced adrenaline rush with shorter ball times and Xmen is an epic pinball journey with long ball times and deep code.

Xmen sounds like the LOTR I got to play several weeks ago. I don't remember too much about it except for the magnetic ring in the back that held the ball in suspension. And the machine was talking to me. And all the while I'm thinking "send me the ball, send me the ball." I was about ready to unfold the nail file from my trusty Swiss Army Knife and give my self a manicure as I was waiting for the pin to make a move. I was bored as hell with it.

LOTR not my cup of tea. Does not sound like Xmen would be, either.

#4263 4 years ago

Xmen is fast paced just easy to keep the ball alive compared to other games

#4264 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Xmen sounds like the LOTR I got to play several weeks ago. I don't remember too much about it except for the magnetic ring in the back that held the ball in suspension. And the machine was talking to me. And all the while I'm thinking "send me the ball, send me the ball." I was about ready to unfold the nail file from my trusty Swiss Army Knife and give my self a manicure as I was waiting for the pin to make a move. I was bored as hell with it.
LOTR not my cup of tea. Does not sound like Xmen would be, either.

Hit both flipper buttons to skip animations, same for Munsters lower playfield

#4265 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If they answered all the emails that they get they never would get any work done i bet. I wouldn’t put too much into that honestly. Stern is notorious for not sharing any info with the public. I dont like it either but its nothing new. I played the game quite a bit last night and i love it. I do hope we get more also because this pin could go from great to one of the best ever with some more code. The code may be shallow but it kicks my ass game after game still.

Everyone has an opinion and not everyone likes the same thing thankfully, but I would have to disagree with you regarding the code.

Musters looks good, the play field layout other than the one piece stand ups is good, sound is pretty good and I don't even mind the animations. But the code on this game is absolutely destroying it for us. I picked up the pro as soon as it was available from my local distributor and we have quite a few plays on it but it pretty well just sits there now only getting a few plays per week out of a family of four. It just doesn't have anything that makes you want to play it code wise, when I do play it now it is just a single game and I am done with it. It needs modes that are fun to play that are worth completing other than just trying to get jackpots stacked out of them, it just needs something to give it more variety. I think the home market has changed what people expect out of a pin for sure and it is a tough pill to swallow spending thousands of dollars for something that you are going to be done playing within a few months. Money wise it just doesn't make sense to spend that much on a game with shallow code when I could go out and buy several other pins for that amount of $$

As I have mentioned in the past I will not buy another pin that is coded by Dwight until I see how it turns out because in general I just don't enjoy his style. There are some exceptions but in general I just don't care for the style. The code is at 1.0 now and he pretty well said at launch that the code was "done" so unless someone comes behind him and saves the game it is what it is.

In the end it is my fault for buying it before playing it but I hope not to get lured in by another theme again only to find out that the fun factor isn't there.

#4266 4 years ago

Every game can't be everything to everybody. That's why different games are made.

I will tell you that I have had probably 20+ non pinhead guests, and 25 pinhead league members play my Pro and all liked the game and thought it is a very good game as built. No complaints from anybody and all have had fun.

Every title doesn't have to be a deep codefest. I like Munsters as designed. There are enough nuances to the game as is. Delay those jackpots, etc etc.
Different ways to approach it. Adjust settings and set up the game as you see fit.

If you don't like a particular game buy another title. Pinball is supposed to be fun. Enjoy.

#4267 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Every game can't be everything to everybody. That's why different games are made.
I will tell you that I have had probably 20+ non pinhead guests, and 25 pinhead league members play my Pro and all liked the game and thought it is a very good game as built. No complaints from anybody and all have had fun.
Every title doesn't have to be a deep codefest. I like Munsters as designed. There are enough nuances to the game as is. Delay those jackpots, etc etc.
Different ways to approach it. Adjust settings and set up the game as you see fit.
If you don't like a particular game buy another title. Pinball is supposed to be fun. Enjoy.

It is kind of like going to the arcade. You feed quarters into the pins you like and ignore those you don't.

#4268 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

There are enough nuances to the game as is. Delay those jackpots, etc etc.

Can you please elaborate on what more there is than delaying jackpots? I'm serious.

Added over 5 years ago:

EDIT: Ok so I was maybe a bit harsh, sorry for that.

#4269 4 years ago

Two items- Spoke with Chas on the phone today regarding questions I had on different levels of play listed in utilities menu. He was very nice, answered my questions and when I talked about my hope that code would continue to be deepened, he alluded that I might be pleasantly surprised down the road......may mean absolutely nothing, maybe he was just being nice, but I will take his tone and words as "we are working on it". Just my opinion.... Second item- just hit Munster Madness for the first time after 3 weeks of having the game (yes, I am still a novice player), what a blast!!!

#4270 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

he alluded that I might be pleasantly surprised down the road......may mean absolutely nothing, maybe he was just being nice, but I will take his tone and words as "we are working on it".

Not to stir the rumor mill, ok what the hell I will . This does fall in line with a few dealers that has close ties with Sterns when they said they heard that Stern had told them to revisit the Munster's code. Maybe they are hence the release of the now new color version prem model, just as they did with BM66 with a great code update now the newly release BM66 Cat-woman version. ( Yes I know it's Lyman and we are not no way near expecting that level)

#4271 4 years ago

Update. All 22 rubber mods have been made. I will post a photo of the finished item with dimensions for others who wish to make one as I am officially retired from the rubber mod business.

I will start responding back to those in my PM box this week so you know its on the way to you. I'll try and post the photo this evening with the dimensions.

#4272 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Update. All 22 rubber mods have been made. I will post a photo of the finished item with dimensions for others who wish to make one as I am officially retired from the rubber mod business.
I will start responding back to those in my PM box this week so you know its on the way to you. I'll try and post the photo this evening with the dimensions.

Can you give us Paypal etc to reimburse you for your work etc..???

#4273 4 years ago

Thanks JMCFAN, but no, this ones on me brother!

#4274 4 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Decided to do something about that shameless right drain. I installed a 2nd. post and rubber ring from Marco, just north of the factory post to "close the gap" and experimented with the size of the ring. The ball still slips thru, but it has to be a direct hit to do it.
NOW, it drains much less. Problem fixed permanently. Takes some of the frustration out of the game play.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Boy those right side drains piss me off.... not sure I am up to drill a hole though...

#4275 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Boy those right side drains piss me off.... not sure I am up to drill a hole though...

Don't be afraid to mod the playfield. One hole, that's all. Mine works like a charm and it makes the slap-in-the-face right drain seem like a distant nightmare. I have lost the ball only twice in the right drain in the last 20 or so games.

I understand why the drain opening is so large from the factory. It shortens the playtime on games that are mostly on routes. But ours are home use, so it actually makes sense to minimize the aggravation if you can.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4276 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Back off your tilt bob. Go to the menu and change the danger level from 1 to 3.

Then starting doing some nudging. It wont make the drains go away but you will save some of them. To me, that satisfying.

#4277 4 years ago

I did a left and right drain mod on my Ghostbusters as well. It was a little more elaborate because it involved an additional rail, but worked the same way.
rail_in_place (resized).jpgrail_in_place (resized).jpg

#4278 4 years ago

When I buy a used game I need to look a little closer now
I too get sick of some game plays I have had in which I have my share of drains, and it is aggravating..but I don't want to change the dynamics of the game. It's kinda like pulling up bowling lane guards for the grandkids.

#4279 4 years ago

Saw Eddie Munster (Butch Patrick) at Rock Fantasy in Middletown NY today. Signed my Stern Munsters banner. Very nice guy.

#4280 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

When I buy a used game I need to look a little closer now
I too get sick of some game plays I have had in which I have my share of drains, and it is aggravating..but I don't want to change the dynamics of the game. It's kinda like pulling up bowling lane guards for the grandkids.

Feel the same way.... just block them altogether.... just me though.

#4281 4 years ago

For those who want to make their own rubber ball absorber see photos. The rubber is fairly dense (not sure of the shore hardness) which appears to be the right fit to absorbe the ball hit. It really reduces the shot impact noise and shock as well.

I am sending installation notes/guidelines with the rubbers to those who are receiving them along with photos. I will make a posting later in the week of those notes for others making their own rubber mod.

Lastly you must use a good quality contact cement (or perhaps rubber cement, or weatherstrip adhesive) to attach the rubber. I tried using a double sided thin carpet tape which was very tacky but the rubber let loose from it after about 5 plays. Thats due in part because the rubber compound I used contains a small amount of oils or silicones. I now have about 75 plays with the rubber fixed to the scoop well, it should stay put for a long time using a high quality contact cement as I did.
20190520_191242 (resized).jpg20190520_191242 (resized).jpg20190520_191648 (resized).jpg20190520_191648 (resized).jpg20190520_191655 (resized).jpg20190520_191655 (resized).jpg20190520_191716 (resized).jpg20190520_191716 (resized).jpg20190520_191808 (resized).jpg20190520_191808 (resized).jpg

#4282 4 years ago

Ok here is this weeks challenge. Try and beat the Super Jackpot that i just got today. Old scores dont count either. It's got to be put up between now and Sunday at midnight.

20190521_082551 (resized).jpg20190521_082551 (resized).jpg
#4283 4 years ago

We are running a promotion on Pingraffix power bladez for the pro, color premium and LE. Free shipping and free spot flasher on purchases of the bladez.

https://lermods.com/products/the-munsters-pro-le-powerbladez-by-pingraffix

#4284 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok here is this weeks challenge. Try and beat the Super Jackpot that i just got today. Old scores dont count either. It's got to be put up between now and Sunday at midnight.[quoted image]

Best I have gotten is 15 mil. Most times I’m stuck at 1 mil or less.

40 mil is real good IMO.

My goal is to get the 5 Eddie Loops. And worry about the points later.

When I was a kid, quarters were not like confetti and I had to spend wisely. Neither me or the operator cared about how many points I got. It was all about ball time. I went for those red light Specials.

The op was worried if I got too much ball time. And I was pissed if I got too little ball time.

Yesterday the Specials. Today the Eddie Loops.

#4285 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

For those who want to make their own rubber ball absorber see photos. The rubber is fairly dense (not sure of the shore hardness) which appears to be the right fit to absorbe the ball hit. It really reduces the shot impact noise and shock as well.
I am sending installation notes/guidelines with the rubbers to those who are receiving them along with photos. I will make a posting later in the week of those notes for others making their own rubber mod.
Lastly you must use a good quality contact cement (or perhaps rubber cement, or weatherstrip adhesive) to attach the rubber. I tried using a double sided thin carpet tape which was very tacky but the rubber let loose from it after about 5 plays. Thats due in part because the rubber compound I used contains a small amount of oils or silicones. I now have about 75 plays with the rubber fixed to the scoop well, it should stay put for a long time using a high quality contact cement as I did.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your efforts look great and I'm sure the solution will work for you and others. So far, I'm fine with my scoop, so I won't be adding anything. But wanted to pass along in case you haven't ever seen it, that there is something called "dead drop foam" that has been used in pinball machines for decades to absorb ball energy. It also typically comes with self-adhesive, so you just peel and stick (which also makes for easy mess free removal down the road).

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=131

#4286 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Your efforts look great and I'm sure the solution will work for you and others. So far, I'm fine with my scoop, so I won't be adding anything. But wanted to pass along in case you haven't ever seen it, that there is something called "dead drop foam" that has been used in pinball machines for decades to absorb ball energy. It also typically comes with self-adhesive, so you just peel and stick (which also makes for easy mess free removal down the road).

Good call Pinzap, thanks for passing this info along. I actually think this is what Who-Dey used on his machine.

Who-Dey, is this what you had used on your game, I think it was correct? And BTW, you are the Man with that Super Jackpot cash in score, Wow, you set the bar high on that one

#4287 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Thank you for posting this. I have searching all over but did not know what it was called.

Looks like pinbits is the only place to buy this. I need some bad for my Robocop.

THX

#4288 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Who-Dey, is this what you had used on your game, I think it was correct? And BTW, you are the Man with that Super Jackpot cash in score, Wow, you set the bar high on that one

Yes i used ball dead drop foam in my scoop. I don't know if its any better than any other kind of foam or not truthfully but it works pretty good seems like. That was a pretty nice super jackpot score for sure, that was fun! Call me weird, but i cant get enough of this game. It is a total blast to play. That was 7 Super jackpots that i had stacked up by the way.

#4289 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That was 7 Super jackpots that i had stacked up by the way

I think the most you can stack is 9, 7 out of 9 is pretty dam good.

#4290 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I think the most you can stack is 9, 7 out of 9 is pretty dam good.

I think it may be 10 on the premium and LE models and 9 on the pro model. I think Chuckwurt and somebody was just talking about this the other day on here.

#4291 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think it may be 10 on the premium and LE models and 9 on the pro model. I think Chuckwurt and somebody was just talking about this the other day on here.

This is correct. 9 for pro, 10 for Prem

#4292 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is correct. 9 for pro, 10 for Prem

Also ... and I'm not sure if you guys have run across this yet ... if you hold down your flipper button for the "status report", it will show which Super Jackpots were activated and which were not as of that point in the game. I was VERY thankful for that. Ha ha!
(PS: My highest is about 20 mill - I have a lot of work to do!)

#4293 4 years ago

So excited I can't stand it. Have not even told the loved one yet. My Munsters Pro, first new in box is scheduled to come this weekend. I will be out of town, but am having it delivered to the office and put into the warehouse until I return and can drag it home for unboxing and set up.

#4294 4 years ago
Quoted from RANBOW:

So excited I can't stand it. Have not even told the loved one yet. My Munsters Pro, first new in box is scheduled to come this weekend. I will be out of town, but am having it delivered to the office and put into the warehouse until I return and can drag it home for unboxing and set up.

I’ll never forget my first NIB. I stayed up until 2am setting it up and playing it. Enjoy!!

#4295 4 years ago

My wife and I played our Premium this week. So good. I haven't even scratched the surface of this beast yet.

#4296 4 years ago
Quoted from RANBOW:

Congratulations Ranbow! You picked a great game for your first NIB and you are going to love it. Im happy for you!

#4297 4 years ago
Quoted from RANBOW:

My LE was my first NIB...and first pinball ever. Last bonus from work on retirement... I love it. Enjoy

#4298 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

My LE was my first NIB...and first pinball ever. Last bonus from work on retirement... I love it. Enjoy

You sir, just retired. Got your first pin. You, I, and other gray hairs are the market Stern and others are looking for

#4299 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You sir, just retired. Got your first pin. You, I, and other gray hairs are the market Stern and others are looking for

I worked on pins and old school arcade games when in tech school in early 80s... ( Centipede track balls... grrr). 30 years as a engineer ...pulled the plug at 60. LOVE IT. Now I am eyeballing a 66 Batman... lol

#4300 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Congrats!!!! This hobby is quite addicting.....BM66 would be a great add to Munsters....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/86?hl=gamerrick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.