IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 237.
#4201 4 years ago

I didn't like the colored flasher domes in my black and white premium, so I ordered the "spark generators" from the ModCouple thinking they replaced the flasher domes. When I received them I realized they were supposed to stick on top of the existing flasher domes with glue dots, which really wouldn't give me the look I wanted. I made some mounts out of some lexan and acrylic sheets and mounted the spark generators without the flasher domes. I inserted colored gels in the base of the spark generators so each would flash the color of the flasher dome they were replacing, but would fit the black and white scheme when off. The color does not as washed out as it appears in the photo. I like the look a lot better than the 4 colored flasher domes.

IMG_1068 (resized).JPGIMG_1068 (resized).JPGCapture (resized).jpgCapture (resized).jpg
#4202 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You'll do fine...Just take care and time w points above. It's the hardest on this set, for sure, but doable. Nothing has to break, and it fits well....Oh...Also just be real careful when removing the small screws, that they don't drop down in the cab...Another PITA to find

Got it! Done. Was not that bad. One thing I did was lift the playfield and got the excess line on the optos... made it easier to mount.

Thanks for all the pointers. Now clean the LP glass....and play!!

#4203 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Ok so got the protector on grandpa....that was fun..... one more...Herman.... will tackle today. Any pointers.....

I got the Herman kit in the mail. But what is this grandpa protector? Either I have read about it and forgot what it is or somehow I read right passed it.

Thanks.

#4204 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Guys and gals-
I found this on tiltforums.com while surfing around. A pretty detailed list of playfield components and how scoring takes place.
Apologize for the length, but thought it might be useful to some!

Thank you.

I have copied this into Word file for printing and later reading

#4205 4 years ago

I finally broke 100 million. I have been struggling learning how to play this pin. And I see some of your scores and think I really suck. Most of my time is spent in the 15mil-20 mil range.

Today was different. For one ball, anyway

Ball 1 got me 117 million.

IMG_0933 (resized).JPGIMG_0933 (resized).JPG

Ball 2 was not so hot. Added only another 9 million.

IMG_0940 (resized).JPGIMG_0940 (resized).JPG

Ball 3 sucked. No way to gloss it over. But I sure had fun with Ball 1.

IMG_0944 (resized).JPGIMG_0944 (resized).JPG

#4206 4 years ago

I really suck! I am getting 20mil average.. not even got to MM 1..

When I played Munster Prem at EAG UK in Jan I got to it twice in about 5 games!

Thought it was too easy - when I got my LE- installed X-hard and not had a decent game ☹️

What settings are everyone’s- mine X-hard. 3 balls

#4207 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I really suck! I am getting 20mil average.. not even got to MM 1..
When I played Munster Prem at EAG UK in Jan I got to it twice in about 5 games!
Thought it was too easy - when I got my LE- installed X-hard and not had a decent game ☹️
What settings are everyone’s- mine X-hard. 3 balls

This was all changed in code 0.96 that made challenges a bit harder then before.

#4208 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I finally broke 100 million. I have been struggling learning how to play this pin. And I see some of your scores and think I really suck. Most of my time is spent in the 15mil-20 mil range.
Today was different. For one ball, anyway
Ball 1 got me 117 million.
[quoted image]
Ball 2 was not so hot. Added only another 9 million.
[quoted image]
Ball 3 sucked. No way to gloss it over. But I sure had fun with Ball 1.
[quoted image]

The best way to get the big scores is to get them super jackpots stacked up and get 6x playfield multipliers running and cash in on your super jackpots. Its really hard to have a big game unless you do that.

#4209 4 years ago

Playing around with choices under Service Menu, go to 'utilities menu', then 'install menu', choices are xtra easy, easy etc up to xtra hard...what do these adjust in game? other choices are 3 ball/5 ball (whats the diff between those and changing number of balls under game adjustment to 3 or 5?), other choices are 'directors cut', 'home play', others...what are these? Have looked on Stern site, no help explaining different choices under service menu....is this info anywhere online?

#4210 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The best way to get the big scores is to get them super jackpots stacked up and get 6x playfield multipliers running and cash in on your super jackpots. Its really hard to have a big game unless you do that.

I’m getting pretty good at stacking the jackpots. It is getting stacks collected that gives me fits

#4211 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I’m getting pretty good at stacking the jackpots. It is getting stacks collected that gives me fits

Same here buddy. You, me, and everyone else and that's one of the things about this game that keeps people coming back! This will be a good game for tournament play because you have to have some skill to score good.

#4212 4 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

I got one with the Premium I picked up last week. It was stapled like usual to the side of the cabinet (in front of the manual). It had some stickers, a couple plastics, miscellaneous cards and a few more "goodies."
(Key fob pic)
[quoted image]

YouTube video or it didn’t happen Chris

#4213 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That's not so much of a bad shot to make, it's getting Kitty to get those dam multipliers up that's a PITA!

#4214 4 years ago

Changed our pin time/clock so we could see & play Midnight Madness.
It’s not often we’re up at midnight playing the collection.
In any case, just as we reached Munster Madness, the clock struck and started Munster Madness.
Was so freaking awesome- pinball nirvana.
Yeah, the rules aren’t super deep but this is still such a fun pin as it stands.
Haters gonna hate but they’re missing out on a cool game.

#4215 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Changed our pin time/clock so we could see & play Midnight Madness.
It’s not often we’re up at midnight playing the collection.
In any case, just as we reached Munster Madness, the clock struck and started Munster Madness.
Was so freaking awesome- pinball nirvana.
Yeah, the rules aren’t super deep but this is still such a fun pin as it stands.
Haters gonna hate but they’re missing out on a cool game.

I held an IFPA Tournament last week and out of the 11 pins Musters got picked for the final at around 12ish. They were playing and Midnight madness kicked in..... well.. they had to replay that game. totally forgot about it.. what were the chances.

#4216 4 years ago

Has anyone found the secret mania code yet???

#4217 4 years ago

The best way to high scores is have LONG raven MBs and also do really well in MM I and MMII. Then you’ll be in the 200-400 range.

#4218 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Got it! Done. Was not that bad. One thing I did was lift the playfield and got the excess line on the optos... made it easier to mount.
Thanks for all the pointers. Now clean the LP glass....and play!!

Used a little template to keep track of what goes where...

protec (resized).JPGprotec (resized).JPG
#4219 4 years ago

Would this work as a topper? The Bradford Exchange Munster Koach

Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 9.00.07 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-05-18 at 9.00.07 PM (resized).png

At TPF, 2 years ago I was a Batman with a Batmobile as a topper. I did not think it looked so hot.

But if you had a backdrop of Mockingbird Lane with the Koach in front it might not look too bad.

Mockingbird-Lane-1313-Mockingbird-Lane-570x315 (resized).jpgMockingbird-Lane-1313-Mockingbird-Lane-570x315 (resized).jpg

Like this. Have an enlarged poster made.

b1256d6bf7dece73548bcdf6ae8a2507 (resized).jpgb1256d6bf7dece73548bcdf6ae8a2507 (resized).jpg

1313-mockingbird-lane (resized).jpg1313-mockingbird-lane (resized).jpg

#4220 4 years ago

Decided to do something about that shameless right drain. I installed a 2nd. post and rubber ring from Marco, just north of the factory post to "close the gap" and experimented with the size of the ring. The ball still slips thru, but it has to be a direct hit to do it.

NOW, it drains much less. Problem fixed permanently. Takes some of the frustration out of the game play.

img01 (resized).jpgimg01 (resized).jpg

img02 (resized).jpgimg02 (resized).jpg

img03 (resized).jpgimg03 (resized).jpg

#4221 4 years ago

OK gang, I feel like I should be working in the Stern factory making all these rubbers. Hard part is over, now just have to bevel the cut out section and they are ready to ship out next week.

More updates to follow tomorrow or Monday.

20190518_200634 (resized).jpg20190518_200634 (resized).jpg
#4222 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

OK gang, I feel like I should be working in the Stern factory making all these rubbers. Hard part is over, now just have to bevel the cut out section and they are ready to ship out next week.
[quoted image]

Nice job. Can you please share the dimensions so people can do it themselves?

#4223 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image]

Wow., thank you so much buddy!

#4224 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]
At TPF, 2 years ago I was a Batman with a Batmobile as a topper. I did not think it looked so hot.
But if you had a backdrop of Mockingbird Lane with the Koach in front it might not look too bad.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Could do. Here's the koach, but a nice backdrop might look cool.

20190405_175727 (resized).jpg20190405_175727 (resized).jpg
#4225 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The Munsters topper hopefully will be out soon. Whats nice about the ones from stern is they have interactive lighting. Anything will do though. Lots of people make their own toppers. Im holding out for the factory topper for this game.

#4226 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Could do. Here's the koach, but a nice backdrop might look cool.[quoted image]

Thanks for the picture. I think a backdrop picture would really make the Koach stand out.

#4227 4 years ago

If you like toys and modding your pins, you might like to find a home for this little bitty 1/64 scale Munsters Koach on your play field. For $10.00 it could add some pizazz to your play field. 1/64 scale means it is about as big as your pinky finger.

https://fairfieldcollectibles.com/the-munsters-koach-1-64-scale-diecast-model-by-johnny-lightning.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw7rbwKOn4gIVBtbACh18Gw5bEAQYBSABEgIe6_D_BwE

17424nx_hero (resized).jpg17424nx_hero (resized).jpg

#4228 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If you like toys and modding your pins, you might like to find a home for this little bitty 1/64 scale Munsters Koach on your play field. For $10.00 it could add some pizazz to your play field. 1/64 scale means it is about as big as your pinky finger.
https://fairfieldcollectibles.com/the-munsters-koach-1-64-scale-diecast-model-by-johnny-lightning.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw7rbwKOn4gIVBtbACh18Gw5bEAQYBSABEgIe6_D_BwE
[quoted image]

This is what a 1/64 coach looks like as a topper

#4229 4 years ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

This is what a 1/64 coach looks like as a topper

Looks good BelleHall!

#4230 4 years ago

My balls are beat to death!

Ok now that i have your attention, you may want to read this. I cleaned and waxed my game last night. I have about 300 plays on my game and the balls were dimpled like a damn golf ball and a couple of them had some pretty nasty scrapes on them. What the hell could be causing this? 1956PINHEAD’s balls were the same way. Mine were bad enough that i just went ahead and changed them out, so I recommend that all of you guys check your balls ASAP!

It sounds funny but its really not, this has me concerned and scratching my head. The game was also very dirty. Im guessing this is from Sterns cheap ass rubbers. Everything i am saying sounds weird so im going to end this post right here.

#4231 4 years ago

Crappy balls will do that very quick. Bad batches of them happen all the time.

#4232 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Crappy balls will do that very quick. Bad batches of them happen all the time.

Yeah but me and 1965PINHEAD both? Anything is possible but that sure would be a coincidence. He used the balls that came with his game I believe and the ones i used came from pinball life. I will keep an eye on my other games and see how they are looking.

#4233 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah but me and 1965PINHEAD both? Anything is possible but that sure would be a coincidence. He used the balls that came with his game I believe and the ones i used came from pinball life. I will keep an eye on my other games and see how they are looking.

Maiden, Deadpool, Munsters and BKsor’s looked like this at the bar.

I never felt them though. Do they feel like they look? These looked like tiny disco balls.

#4234 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maiden, Deadpool, Munsters and BKsor’s looked like this at the bar.
I never felt them though. Do they feel like they look? These looked like tiny disco balls.

I would have to go feel them again but im sure that they do because they are very noticeable dimples. They look like a golf ball. Ive never had that happen before.

#4235 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would have to go feel them again but im sure that they do because they are very noticeable dimples. They look like a golf ball. Ive never had that happen before.

Seems to be happening more and more on the newest games. Not sure why. Never seen it before Maiden.

#4236 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Seems to be happening more and more on the newest games. Not sure why. Never seen it before Maiden.

That’s interesting. I wouldn’t have been surprised if my Metallica looked like that with all of the bashing that goes on in that game but unless there is something that I'm not thinking about, i don't know of anything on Munsters that the ball would be coming in contact with hard enough to tear up the balls like that.

#4237 4 years ago

For some reason maybe its a mental thing which I'm sure it is lol, I never use the balls from manufacturer. I purchase mine from Steve at The Pinball Resource and never had any issues.

#4238 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

For some reason maybe its a mental thing which I'm sure it is lol, I never use the balls from manufacturer. I purchase mine from Steve at The Pinball Resource and never had any issues.

So terry had it happen with pinball life, other guy stock balls. I know the ones I’ve seen were stock. I’ve never seen this happen with the balls at my home (pinball life and ball baron), but I don’t have any spike 2 games.

#4239 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So terry had it happen with pinball life, other guy stock balls. I know the ones I’ve seen were stock. I’ve never seen this happen with the balls at my home (pinball life and ball baron), but I don’t have any spike 2 games.

I just dont see how its even possible in this particular game especially. We are talking about a steel ball. Nothing on the Munsters game that i am aware of could be putting indentations in a steel ball like this. Heck steel on steel shouldn't even do that doesn’t seem like. Could the balls be hitting each other during multiball and be doing this maybe?

#4240 4 years ago

I heard that all the “old growth steel” supply has dwindled. They have been switching to steel that is much newer and softer now. A friend of a friend said he knew of some old growth steel available in the rainforests of Pandora, but there has been much resistance from the natives when trying to mine it.

#4241 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I heard that all the “old growth steel” supply has dwindled. They have been switching to steel that is much newer and softer now. A friend of a friend said he knew of some old growth steel available in the rainforests of Pandora, but there has been much resistance from the natives when trying to mine it.

Heard the same. We need someone to go to the source!

#4242 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image]

Wow thanks!!! Hope you had a few beers while doing it!

#4243 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My balls are beat to death!
Ok now that i have your attention, you may want to read this. I cleaned and waxed my game last night. I have about 300 plays on my game and the balls were dimpled like a damn golf ball and a couple of them had some pretty nasty scrapes on them. What the hell could be causing this? 1956PINHEAD’s balls were the same way. Mine were bad enough that i just went ahead and changed them out, so I recommend that all of you guys check your balls ASAP!
It sounds funny but its really not, this has me concerned and scratching my head. The game was also very dirty. Im guessing this is from Sterns cheap ass rubbers. Everything i am saying sounds weird so im going to end this post right here.

I put Titan rubber on, and new balls ( used to be from Terry, but now Ball Baron as he ran out for awhile). Bad batches aren't uncommon, and original rubber can also be questionable...All my games, regardless nib or wherever I get them.

Probably ocd w the balls, as I change , even w home use as soon as I notice Nick's, etc.

Munsters has a fair amount of wire rails vs rubber rings, so am sure this will be need to be part of regular maintenance..

#4244 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Could the balls be hitting each other during multiball and be doing this maybe?

Yes, it is actually ball on ball violence causing this, due to a ball (or balls) being too soft due to improper heat treat/hardening processes. This has happened occasionally over the last 13 years I've been in the hobby, but seems to be happening more frequently now. I always watch for "disco balling" and replace any balls that show signs of it immediately.

#4245 4 years ago

Well unfortunately it has taken me a few months to come to the conclusion that I don't like this machine and will most likely never own one. I had my eyes set on a BW Premium when this game was first announced. After playing a Pro when the first came out, I really was expecting a lot more and the two monotargets just didn't sit right with me. I was hoping for Borg's next Metallica and this is not it. I'm a never Pro kind of guy, so still some hope. Problem is that I hate the mini ball playfield on Family Guy, so I went into playing the Premium with skepticism. At least the mini field doesn't cover up a quarter of the playfield like FGy does. Upon playing the Premium, I immediately noticed that I cannot comfortably play the game without hitting both sets of buttons at the same time. Watching other play I realized that I have more of a slap button push than a fingertip method. I also have big hands. After playing Premiums and LEs on a number of occasions now, I simply can't get comfortable playing this game with the buttons so close. Having the lower buttons contacting my fingers means my fingers bend backwards at the knuckle to push the upper buttons all the way in. I've been playing this way since 1979, so now is not the time to change.

That said, I do like the lower playfield a little better than the one on FGy, but I still don't like the mini ball. It just feels cheap and not like pinball at all. So there really is no version of this game for me. I suppose some day I could get a premium, but I would have to move the second buttons to a new location. Considering how many other Stern games I've not owned yet and I like better than the Munsters, I am basically crossing this game off my list.

#4246 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Considering how many other Stern games I've not owned yet and I like better than the Munsters, I am basically crossing this game off my list.

Appreciate the honest assessment. No game is a " one size fits all". Hope you find another you like....

I'm out on WonkaCE, as I just can't stomach the thought after seeing the POTC thread....

Loving my MunstersLE, but last nib for awhile for me....

#4247 4 years ago

I'm digging the Munster Prem as well, I know it's somewhat of a shallow code but it's still a blast to play. In addition I'm really considering a BM66 right now that I know of one I can grab, might be interesting with the new code.

#4248 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I'm digging the Munster Prem as well, I know it's somewhat of a shallow code but it's still a blast to play. In addition I'm really considering a BM66 right now that I know of one I can grab, might be interesting with the new code.

Bm66 is fantastic.
So many ways to approach it.
But yes, a simple , open , fast flowy design like MUN would be decent next to it as they are chalk and cheese. Hence my ongoing interest as well.

#4249 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Bm66 is fantastic.
So many ways to approach it.
But yes, a simple , open , fast flowy design like MUN would be decent next to it as they are chalk and cheese. Hence my ongoing interest as well.

Everyone likes cheese...

#4250 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Bm66 is fantastic.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Everyone likes cheese...

Based upon you two guys liking it, and having it in your collections. I sealed the deal and will pick it up shortly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.