IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 237.
#4151 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Make that 6. Link?

Filter this thread for my posts. You’ll see it.

#4152 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Filter this thread for my posts. You’ll see it.

Sure.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/64#post-4947967

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dwight was gracious enough to help me clarify the Super Jackpot stacking. Base value is $350k in current code (used to be $500k), then for each time you hit the scoop (unlit) it increases by a small amount (not sure the amount, but small like under 10k). See below for the value of the collect depending on how many you have stacked:
1 SJP = 1x current super jackpot value
2 SJPs = 3x current super jackpot value
3 SJPs = 6x current super jackpot value
4 SJPs = 10x current super jackpot value
5 SJPs = 13x current super jackpot value
6 SJPs = 15x current super jackpot value
7 SJPs = 17x current super jackpot value
8 SJPs = 19x current super jackpot value
9 SJPs = 21x current super jackpot value
10 SJPs = 23x current super jackpot value
These values also can be multiplied by up to 6x from the playfield multiplier.

#4153 4 years ago

Love my le. My favorite game next to ghostbusters

#4154 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Love my le. My favorite game next to ghostbusters

If you need any reinforcement (everyone has their opinion):

I'm an A/V integrator for a very large hospital system. New video wall being installed, and (2x) techs came in from out of town company to install a large video wall system.

200 days on the road every year, and they hunt for places to play pinball in every city...I was cautious but decided to invite them over to play .....

You can see my lineup.....their favorite (and couldn't get them off except for a few WOZ visits).....MUNSTERSLE!!!! Frankly, I wasn't surprised. They play pinball for fun, never even heard of Pinside, and couldn't stop playing, talking about the game......crazy stuff!!! pinheads not on here? They LOVE Munsters?...started a thread about it. This game is a fresh look in several areas, and still getting huge attention from me, as well....

#4155 4 years ago

Any one know what all the Supers are and what’s required to get them?

Someone posted in the code thread it would be great to know which ones you’ve collected and which ones are left to collect.

#4156 4 years ago

The Supers are:
1 - LILY
2 - HERMAN
3 - GRANDPA
4 - ENLARGING RAY (only on the LE/PREMIUM)
5 - RAVEN
6 - SPOT
7 - MYSTERY
8 - EDDIE
9 - MARILYN
10 - ZAP

#4157 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The Supers are:
1 - LILY
2 - HERMAN
3 - GRANDPA
4 - ENLARGING RAY (only on the LE/PREMIUM)
5 - RAVEN
6 - SPOT
7 - MYSTERY
8 - EDDIE
9 - MARILYN
10 - ZAP

Bam!!! chuckwurt ...how many have you held out for? I'm chickening out at 5 or 6 currently.....

#4158 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If you need any reinforcement (everyone has their opinion):
I'm an A/V integrator for a very large hospital system. New video wall being installed, and (2x) techs came in from out of town company to install a large video wall system.
200 days on the road every year, and they hunt for places to play pinball in every city...I was cautious but decided to invite them over to play .....
You can see my lineup.....their favorite (and couldn't get them off except for a few WOZ visits).....MUNSTERSLE!!!! Frankly, I wasn't surprised. They play pinball for fun, never even heard of Pinside, and couldn't stop playing, talking about the game......crazy stuff!!! pinheads not on here? They LOVE Munsters?...started a thread about it. This game is a fresh look in several areas, and still getting huge attention from me, as well....

Funny you should say that because I dragged a non pinball owner from my work along when I checked out MUN Premium last week.

Like your guys , he absolutely LOVED it.
He enjoys pinball but doesn't own games.

#4159 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Bam!!! chuckwurt ...how many have you held out for? I'm chickening out at 5 or 6 currently.....

I’ve actually gotten all 9 on a pro. I thought there were 10 on that too, so I kept trying and trying and turns out it was impossible. Haha

#4160 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Funny you should say that because I dragged a non pinball owner from my work along when I checked out MUN Premium last week.

This is an easy game to love because its FUN! No regrets here at all! As a matter of fact my game has been down for 3 days for cleaning that ive yet to get started on and i am missing the hell out of it and want to play it badly!

#4161 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is an easy game to love because its FUN! No regrets here at all! As a matter of fact my game has been down for 3 days for cleaning that ive yet to get started on and i am missing the hell out of it and want to play it badly!

Yes. It is fun. And fast. The outlanes suck sometimes but I get so many flipper friendly shots.

If it were not for the code sucks group I would not know anything is wrong.

#4162 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I think we can get so granular on here that it's forgotten what these things are designed for. Really, really opened my eyes.....these guys were younger, enthusiastic pinball fanatics..one of them remodeling his basement and anxious to own his first pin. It was absolutely a blast to hear of their enthusiasm as they chased pin locations during the busy work/ travel schedule. They understood pinball...and loved it.

To watch them take to Munsters, a game that has been ruthlessly dissected here and pretty much deemed unplayable, and enjoy the hell out of it, was just amazing. We're just not as "smart" as we think around here sometimes......

#4163 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If it were not for the code sucks group I would not know anything is wrong.

Cotton there's absolutely nothing wrong with this game. It was meant to have a simple code. Some people dont like that and i can understand it but im personally not bothered by it and i love the hell out of this game.

If you have fun playing this game then that means its perfect for you and YOU are the only one that matters. Don't let what other people are saying bother you or sway your opinion of this game. If all of their complaining gets Stern to add more code i will be a happy camper but if it doesn't, i am still a happy camper because i love this pinball machine now and i will 5 years from now also. Mine is here to stay.

#4164 4 years ago

OK Wow, I had many takers for the rubber insert from the stack of PM's I received, shit now I know how to become a popular guy, just give away free rubbers to all my friends. Wow, did I just say that

It's all good, I wouldn't have offered this up if I wasn't serious, it just might take me a couple extra days to crank them all out, 17 in fact as of this posting.

So here's my plan, I will make up a batch this weekend, then contact those whom sent me the PM's first working my way through the list until finished. I will start responding to you all (and U know who U R) this weekend to acknowledge and coordinate for shipping adress if it wasn't provided in the PM message, if it was then I will just let U know when its going in the mail.

You guys are going to like how this little gizmo works

#4165 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

now I know how to become a popular guy, just give away free rubbers to all my friends.

You're a good man Charlie Brown! May as well make one for me and make it 18 while you're at it.

#4166 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You're a good man Charlie Brown! May as well make one for me and make it 18 while you're at it.

You got it Terry, no problem, your on the list buddy. Your up late, you working again? You gotta get your game back on line

#4167 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

You got it Terry, no problem, your on the list buddy. Your up late, you working again? You gotta get your game back on line

Make it 19 and I will PM you all my contact info tomorrow.

#4168 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Yes Sir im working all nite. Somebody has gotta stay up and defend all this Munsters hate on here ya know.

#4169 4 years ago

How about an even 20 ?

#4170 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Cotton there's absolutely nothing wrong with this game. It was meant to have a simple code. Some people dont like that and i can understand it but im personally not bothered by it and i love the hell out of this game.
If you have fun playing this game then that means its perfect for you and YOU are the only one that matters. Don't let what other people are saying bother you or sway your opinion of this game. If all of their complaining gets Stern to add more code i will be a happy camper but if it doesn't, i am still a happy camper because i love this pinball machine now and i will 5 years from now also. Mine is here to stay.

I know there is nothing wrong with it. My fear is that Stern decides it has to do something and in the process make it more difficult to play.

I have gotten several 2-Eddie loops and the screen comes up and says something about getting 3 more. I would like to know what that something is.

#4171 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I know there is nothing wrong with it. My fear is that Stern decides it has to do something and in the process make it more difficult to play.

Yeah they need to leave the core of it there as it is and just add a few more thingsto do, that's all.

Leave the basis alone, maybe change Lily to that great 2 shot , timed idea but leave rest of base code alone.

#4172 4 years ago

After watching Stern making of the Munsters I noticed the lightning bolt in frot of the machine lights up. Not on mine.. had a look at it today.. found the wires soldered the wrong way round.

20190518_163414 (resized).jpg20190518_163414 (resized).jpg
#4173 4 years ago

OK cotton and nevedanutjob, you guys are in too, just shoot me a PM with your address.

Shit Who-Dey, somethimes you gotta delagate brother, you can't always be the big defender of this game from all the haters, you'll never get any sleep

#4174 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

OK cotton and nevedanutjob, you guys are in too, just shoot me a PM with your address.
Shit Who-Dey, somethimes you gotta delagate, you can't always big the big defender of this game from all the haters, you'll never get any sleep

Well i don't have Spaceman here anymore to help me and now i gotta pull double duty!

#4175 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have gotten several 2-Eddie loops and the screen comes up and says something about getting 3 more. I would like to know what that something is.

It’s telling you how many more you need to get the super jackpot for Eddie.

#4176 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

OK Wow, I had many takers for the rubber insert from the stack of PM's I received, shit now I know how to become a popular guy, just give away free rubbers to all my friends. Wow, did I just say that
It's all good, I wouldn't have offered this up if I wasn't serious, it just might take me a couple extra days to crank them all out, 17 in fact as of this posting.
So here's my plan, I will make up a batch this weekend, then contact those whom sent me the PM's first working my way through the list until finished. I will start responding to you all (and U know who U R) this weekend to acknowledge and coordinate for shipping adress if it wasn't provided in the PM message, if it was then I will just let U know when its going in the mail.
You guys are going to like how this little gizmo works

Yes thank you very much! Donations happily offered as well.

#4177 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

OK Wow, I had many takers for the rubber insert from the stack of PM's I received, shit now I know how to become a popular guy, just give away free rubbers to all my friends. Wow, did I just say that ...You guys are going to like how this little gizmo works

So your rubbers are supposed to soften the blows the balls take ?

#4178 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

So your rubbers are supposed to soften the blows the balls take ?

In a nutshell

#4179 4 years ago

Now that funny right there

#4180 4 years ago

Can’t wait for the topper... how about you all?

#4181 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

After watching Stern making of the Munsters I noticed the lightning bolt in frot of the machine lights up. Not on mine.. had a look at it today.. found the wires soldered the wrong way round. [quoted image]

What lightning bolt?

#4182 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

What lightning bolt?

1B074318-E382-4B81-9093-EFD6E6F4E4DD (resized).jpeg1B074318-E382-4B81-9093-EFD6E6F4E4DD (resized).jpeg
#4183 4 years ago

Ok so got the protector on grandpa....that was fun..... one more...Herman.... will tackle today. Any pointers.....

#4184 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Ok so got the protector on grandpa....that was fun..... one more...Herman.... will tackle today. Any pointers.....

Yes – take pictures at every stage of disassembly! Or you will be very sorry trust me. I couldn’t get the screw to grab on the right side of the Herman plastic protector by the pop bumper. Had to get a new screw and nut from Stern because I used the one on the post in front of Herman holding the rubber. It’s much longer. Also don’t break your spotlight like I broke mine.

#4185 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Now that funny right there

It’s a lot friggin better than talking about the code.

#4186 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s telling you how many more you need to get the super jackpot for Eddie.

Thank you. I finally got down to Eddie in the instructions sheets. Everything is there if I would only read it (except the definition of "boosted" )

#4187 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Ok so got the protector on grandpa....that was fun..... one more...Herman.... will tackle today. Any pointers....

Re-assemble the optos before doing anything else when putting it back together. They are easy to miss. I had to disassemble the whole thing again.

#4188 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Re-assemble the optos before doing anything else when putting it back together. They are easy to miss. I had to disassemble the whole thing again.

Put mine in after...Big pita, but used a small flat blade to lift each up to then attach.

All original hardware works, but the spotlight is something to be careful with, as not much thread left after protector installed. Spotlight is an assembly, btw. I took mine apart to install just the bracket, then added the assembly.

Only real advise...take pics, take your time, and keep all pieces together for reassembly.

If the slings caused much trouble to install, putting in Hermans will be a challenge, period.

#4189 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

optos?

#4190 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well i don't have Spaceman here anymore to help me and now i gotta pull double duty!

Don't worry @who-dey....Just posted in Rob's thread...It's just not worth discussing , arguing about anymore...Stern beefs the cab, puts a "mega toy" in ( MB lower of, for crying out loud), and the code crap keeps coming up.

#4191 4 years ago

Yikes!!!

#4193 4 years ago

There are 2 on that plastic, and face each other when ball breaks the beam, activate. 2 screws each...Look like small, black plastic blocks, w a round lens

#4194 4 years ago

A transmitter and a receiver that sit on either side of a shot. When the ball passes through the light it emits, the game registers the switch. There’s one on the right ramp of the lower playfield.

#4195 4 years ago

Important when you reassemble everything, go into switch mode to insure they are seeing each other before putting ramp plastics back on, finishing install

#4196 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Important when you reassemble everything, go into switch mode to insure they are seeing each other before putting ramp plastics back on, finishing install

Thanks!

#4197 4 years ago

You'll do fine...Just take care and time w points above. It's the hardest on this set, for sure, but doable. Nothing has to break, and it fits well....Oh...Also just be real careful when removing the small screws, that they don't drop down in the cab...Another PITA to find

#4198 4 years ago

Was going to post pics of the spotlight assembly but forgot ( might be in the manual)...Another kudos from me to Stern on this one...took the time to engineer a true, robust, small assembly...very,very cool...I'd never seen one like this prior

#4199 4 years ago

Guys and gals-
I found this on tiltforums.com while surfing around. A pretty detailed list of playfield components and how scoring takes place.
Apologize for the length, but thought it might be useful to some!

Very early rule sheet. Lots of info is missing, help us out by editing!

Summary: The Munsters is Stern’s first 2019 title, designed by John Borg and coded by Dwight Sullivan. Taking influence from the 60s TV series (and also because the Addams Family machine was the most successful pinball machine of all time), The Munsters features a simple rule sheet suitable for novices while including lots of more subtle strategies players can use to their advantage like the Zap Button. There are two main goals of The Munsters: completing levels for each family member to start Munster Madness, and reaching certain requirements for every member to qualify and stack as many Super Jackpots as possible. The Premium / LE model includes a unique mini playfield called Grandpa’s Laboratory, which comes complete with its own Multiball mode.

Layout:

Left outlane - Standard. Can be lit for Special.
Dual left inlanes - Two inlanes, positioned similarly to where they were in Guardians of the Galaxy. The outer left inlane qualifies the right orbit for an Eddie loop, while the inner left inlane qualifies the right ramp for a boyfriend departure (yes, really).
Left target - A long target that covers the Dragula lane. Shooting it collects letters in DRAGULA, which increases the base value of the Dragula lane and qualifies Add-A-Ball during any Multiball round.
Dragula lane - This is a tight shot typically made by a lucky bounce. When the ball lands into it, it’s kicked out and goes around the left loop, typically heading to the right flipper (though weak shots may land in the bumpers.) A shot to the lane at any time will collect the base Dragula value (determined by the target), bonus multipliers, and a boost. It also collects Super Jackpot or Add-A-Ball when lit.
Left orbit - Has a spinner at the front. Can be qualified for Eddie through the right inlane. The spinner increases the Jackpot value during Raven Multiball.
Left ramp - A long ramp that loops around Herman and feeds the left inlane. This is where Raven advances are collected and SPOT letters can be collected. At certain times, the ramp will raise, revealing…
Spot - The Munsters’ pet… creature raises under the left ramp at certain times during gameplay. It can be hit with the ball. Look out for the potentially dangerous feed from a direct shot to Spot from the right flipper - it’s generally safer as a backhand from the left flipper.
Herman - A bash toy that can easily be hit with the right flipper. Hitting it enough times will begin the Herman Hurry-Up. There’s also a magnet in front of the shot that can capture balls.
Kitty - A small target that next to the bumpers. Balls that hit the target typically either enter the bumpers or return directly to the flippers. Shooting Kitty when lit will increase the playfield multiplier, along with other goodies - including potentially lighting the Special at either outlane.
Scoop - A scoop that can be made using the left flipper. If unlit this will increase the Super Jackpot base value by a small amount. Starts Enlarging Ray (on Pro) / Grandpa’s Laboratory (on Premium / LE), starts Munster Madness, or collects Extra Ball when lit. On the Pro, this is also the Mystery shot and can add more time when lit.
Right ramp - A ramp similar to the one on Tales from the Crypt, with a U-turn that causes the ball to feed the right inlane. Collects a boyfriend departure or advances SPOT when lit.
Right orbit - The other end of the orbit shot, this time without a spinner. Can be qualified for Eddie through the left inlane. This shot feeds the bumpers at certain times during play.
Top lanes - Two lanes above the bumpers. Completing both of them increases the bonus multiplier.
Bumpers - Three pop bumpers located behind the right ramp. The ball typically exits out of the right orbit return or directly towards the flippers.
Right target - Another large bar target that collects letters in “LILY”. During Lily’s mode, hitting the target will increase the value of each switch hit.
Right inlane - Only a single inlane. Qualifies the left orbit for Eddie.
Right outlane - Standard. Can be lit for Special.
Purple standup targets - Four small targets, one on both sides of both ramps. Hitting any target will start the ZAP! Button flashing for a short time. Completing all four targets qualifies the scoop for Enlarging Ray (Pro) / Grandpa’s Laboratory (Premium / LE), and qualifies the scoop for add more time (+10s) on the Pro if a mode is already active.
Grandpa’s Laboratory mini-playfield (Premium / LE only) - A mini-playfield sunken below the main playfield, similar to Stewie Pinball from Family Guy. There are two orbits, a ramp, a saucer, and a target called the Machine down here. The flippers on the mini-playfield are operated by two separate flipper buttons. The saucer collects Mystery, the ramp adds more time, and the orbits qualify the Machine.
ZAP! Button - A button on the lockdown bar in front of the machine. At certain times, pressing it will allow you to charge up the Zap Meter. Charging up the meter enough will allow you to collect Zap Jackpots.
The Display - There are various features on the display that experienced players can use to their advantage. These are:
Herman, Lily, Spot, Grandpa, and Raven - The four Munsters have “I” and “II” markings near them, which show which level you are currently at for all of them. If any character is Boosted, they will have a colored glow around them. Boosts are also shown through colored lamps next to the shots corresponding to each character on the playfield.
Super Jackpot Counter - A counter that shows how many Super Jackpots you’ve qualified at the Dragula shot. The “Super Jackpot” insert also provides visual cues by blinking faster if more Super Jackpots are available.
Combo Meter - A meter that keeps track of the Combos you’ve collected, which goes up to 11.
Playfield Multiplier Meter - A meter that keeps track of your current playfield multiplier, which goes up to 6x.
Zap Meter - A meter that shows your progress on qualifying Zap Jackpots by pressing the button. When the Zap Meter is at 5, Zap Jackpots will be qualified.
Clock - This shows the current Raven Multiball Jackpot value. It’s under the perch that the Raven comes out of. Every time the hour hand moves another hour by hitting switches during Raven Multiball, the Jackpot value will increase.
Notes: There are several features in this machine that I will address under certain names…

“Major shots” - This refers to the left orbit, left ramp, right ramp, and right orbit - all of which have inserts in front of them. These shots are also where Jackpots (and Zap Jackpots) are collected. On the Premium, the two lower playfield loops, Mystery, and Add Time are also Major Shots.
“Jackpot level” - Throughout the game, the color of the flashing inserts determines various things. The first “level” is white, then blue, then red. For instance, in Herman Multiball, hitting Herman three times increases the Jackpot value and changes the inserts from white, to blue, to red. This rule applies to almost everything in the game. Props to Dwight Sullivan for including this system for newcomers.
Skill Shots: There are various different Skill Shots on this machine, which can be changed using the flippers. All of the skill shots award a base value, +1 Bonus X, and a bonus dependent on how quickly you made the shot (timer starts at 10 seconds).

Skill Shot - Plunge into the lit lane. The lane can’t be changed, it is always the right lane - which means you have to either plunge lightly or hope the ball enters the right lane on its own. Short plunging directly to the right flipper and shooting the left ramp also scores a Skill Shot.
Super Skill Shot - Hold in the left flipper button and shoot the right ramp to score a Super Skill Shot.
Double Super Skill Shot (Premium / LE only) - Hold in both left flipper buttons, then shoot the scoop followed by a shot to the saucer in Grandpa’s Laboratory to score a Double Super Skill Shot. Definitely go for this Skill Shot if you can, although current code seems to have some glitchy behavior related to the saucer registering properly.
Family Members & Munster Madness: The main goal of The Munsters is to at least start all of the family members’ modes. There are five members to collect: Herman, the Raven, Spot, Grandpa, and Lily. The modes increase in “level” each time they are started. Each time a member is started, the Kitty target will be qualified to increase the playfield multiplier and the Raven advances will be qualified at the left ramp. Each level also awards 100k + 25k per level completed, and adds 10k to the end of ball bonus. Mode stacks aren’t too prominent on this game but all minor features can be advanced and collected during major features. The only stack of note is that Grandpa can be started during Spot on both editions. Along with this, Lily can be started at any time. Advancing all five levels once will qualify the scoop to start Munster Madness (described at the bottom of the rule sheet.)

Herman - Shoot Herman an increasing amount of times to begin the mode. Beginning Herman Multiball will count as completing a level. Herman’s mode is divided into three parts:
Herman Hurry-Up: Start the Herman Hurry-Up by shooting Herman enough times (only one shot is needed the first time this mode is played, increasing for subsequent attempts). You then have to shoot Herman again for a maximum value of 500k (and a funny clip on the display), which will also capture the ball on the magnet in front of him.
Monster in the Park Hurry-Up: After the ball has been captured, another ball will be auto-plunged directly to the flippers. Shoot the captured ball to collect a maximum of the collected hurry-up value +500k and begin Herman Multiball.
Herman Multiball: Whether or not you collect the Monster in the Park Hurry-Up, you will begin Herman Multiball; however, collecting the Monster in the Park Hurry-Up will give you three balls, while failing to collect it will only give you two balls. Starting Herman Multiball will also count as completing a level. All of the major shots are lit for Jackpots, and Herman can be shot to re-light collected Jackpots. Shooting Herman 3 times advances the value of Jackpots. Collect four Jackpots during Herman Multiball to qualify the Herman Super Jackpot. The more times this mode is played, the more initial shots you need to make to Herman to start the Hurry-Up. Also note that Herman Multiball only activates once per Munster Madness - if you advance to level 2 of Herman before starting Munster Madness, only the Herman Hurry-Up will activate.
Level 2 changes: The Herman Hurry-Up at the start is different, using a scene where Herman completely ruins the clothes dryer. Along with this, during the Multiball, the Jackpots aren’t qualified automatically after completing them all; Herman has to be shot three times to advance their level.
Spot - Shoot the left or right ramp when they are lit with a red light to collect a SPOT letter and briefly raise Spot from under the left ramp. If Spot is hit during this brief period, you’ll collect a bonus letter in SPOT. Completing SPOT will begin Spot’s mode, and simply beginning the mode will count as completing a level. Spot’s mode is divided into two parts:
Stage 1: Spot raises up from under the left ramp, so it’s time to play fetch with it by shooting it with the pinball. Shoot Spot four times for increasing awards, but beware the risky feed - if you’re not careful enough, Spot can lead to a very quick drain. Backhanding Spot by using the left flipper is generally a lot safer. Completing all four shots will qualify the Spot Super Jackpot. Base shot value is 150k, increasing by 100k per shot.
Stage 2: If time is still remaining after qualifying the Spot Super Jackpot, the left orbit and right ramp will light up with blue inserts. Shoot either shot to raise Spot once more (with a red insert), and hit it for even more points than before. The mode will end after time runs out or if you drain.
Level 2 changes - Spot II starts from “Stage 2” of the previous level, requiring you to qualify Spot first by shooting the left orbit or right ramp. Hit Spot four times like last time to qualify the Super Jackpot.
Lily - Begin Lily’s frenzy mode by completing LILY at the right target. Over time, the progress on the LILY targets will move backwards if not hit. Simply starting the mode is enough to count as completing a level. Unlike every other mode in the game, Lily’s frenzy CAN be stacked with any other ongoing feature. Herman shows off the proper way to work a vacuum cleaner, which just makes everything even dirtier. Make 100 switch hits during the mode to qualify the Lily Super Jackpot. If you fail to complete all 100 switch hits (which will likely happen unless you’re in a Multiball), the amount of switch hits will be held over the next time you start this mode. Shoot the spinner and bumpers to score big during this mode.
Level 2 changes - Shooting the LILY targets is worth a significant amount of points, and switch hits build a bonus value for the next LILY hit.
Grandpa - Complete all four standup targets, then shoot into the scoop to begin a mode that changes depending on the model you’re playing. On the Pro, this will begin Enlarging Ray, while on the Premium / LE, this will begin Grandpa’s Laboratory. Simply starting Enlarging Ray is enough to complete a level on the Pro, while on the Premium / LE, activating Grandpa Multiball will complete a level. The four targets (and the Machine on the Premium / LE) will also qualify the Zap Button for a short time - look at the “Zap Meter” section under “Minor Features” for more information.
(Pro) Enlarging Ray - All shots start out white, and the standup targets will be flashing. Shooting either will qualify one of the major shots for a Jackpot and change its insert color to purple. After qualifying a Jackpot, you don’t have to collect it right away; you can wait until more Jackpots are lit and then collect them all, and the game encourages you to do this because the awards for collecting many stacked Jackpots are higher than collecting them separately. Shooting the scoop again will add more time to this mode and any other ongoing modes. Collecting 4 Jackpots during Enlarging Ray will qualify the Enlarging Ray Super Jackpot; simply starting the mode will count as advancing a level. This mode is also available (without the level advances, as Grandpa’s Laboratory takes it’s place) on the Premium / LE as a Mystery Award.
Level 2 changes - Grandpa II requires the player to hit the strobing standup target. While Jackpots can still be lit in the normal fashion, by shooting any shot once, hitting the lit target will qualify ALL unlit Jackpots at once.
(Premium / LE) Grandpa’s Laboratory - Watch the display as it counts down towards the mini playfield’s activation. You’ll hear a callout when the mode begins, advising you to check out the shrunken pinball in Grandpa’s Laboratory. Remember to use the second set of flippers!
Activate the Machine: You have a set amount of time to activate the Machine by shooting both outer orbits, and then shooting the Machine. Shooting the ramp will add more time and shooting the saucer will collect a Mystery Award and spot one of the orbits. If the timer runs out during this stage, the mode will end and you will have to qualify it again by completing the four targets and hitting the scoop.
Grandpa Multiball: When the Machine is activated, Grandpa Multiball will begin, which also counts as completing a level. Shoot all of the flashing shots on the lower playfield for Jackpots, then make the Machine Jackpot to qualify the Grandpa Super Jackpot. Before the Machine Jackpot is lit, shooting the Machine advances the value of the other jackpots. After time runs out, the ball will be ejected out of the scoop. Note that hitting the Machine will also enable the Zap Button for a short time - use this to your advantage to qualify lots of Zap Jackpots after the round ends.
Level 2 changes - (Need more info)
The Raven - Completing a level of any of the four other characters will qualify the left ramp to collect Raven advances. Collecting three advances will begin Raven Multiball. This is a three-ball affair where the left orbit, left ramp, right ramp, and right orbit are lit to score Jackpots. Triggering switches moves the hands on the clock on the display - when the hour hand moves to a new digit (aka. a certain number of switches are made), the Jackpot value will increase. Simply starting the Multiball is enough to count as completing a level. Collecting a set of 4 Jackpots during Raven Multiball will qualify the Raven Super Jackpot and increase the Jackpot level. Note that there is NO ball save for Raven Multiball outside of the short one that Add-A-Ball gives you… so good luck!
Raven Boost - The Raven’s boost works differently than the other four members’ boosters. Instead of being awarded off of Dragula, Raven Boost is qualified during Raven Multiball by shooting the left ramp three times and will increase the Jackpot values for a short time. Continuing to shoot the left ramp will increase the timer; if the timer runs out you will have to qualify the Raven Boost again by shooting the left ramp three times.
Raven Multiball Restart - A restart is available for Raven Multiball if two balls drain and the Super Jackpot wasn’t qualified. Shoot the left ramp on a 15 second timer to restart Raven Multiball with three balls in play. This is really helpful, especially considering the lack of ball save in Raven Multiball, and it’s a nice throwback to some 90s Williams / Bally machines that had similar restart features.
Level 2 changes - During Raven II, every time the Jackpot is advanced (shown through the clock on the display) via the spinner, every unlit Jackpot will become available again. This makes it more difficult to collect the Super Jackpot and advance the level of the Jackpots. Be sure to avoid the left orbit, and save it until last!
Minor Features: The other members of the Munsters have their own smaller features that can be activated at any time during play. These are mostly used for advancing towards qualifying Super Jackpots.

Eddie - Shooting an unlit orbit or rolling over the flashing right inlane or outer left inlane will qualify the opposite orbit to score an Eddie Loop. Make successive Eddie Loops to score an increasing value, starting at 20k and increasing by 20k per loop. Every 5 Eddie Loops will qualify the Eddie Super Jackpot if it isn’t already available.
Marilyn - Rolling through the flashing inner left inlane will qualify the right ramp to score a Boyfriend Departure. Certain amounts of boyfriend departures will score awards, including Super Jets and qualifying the Marilyn Super Jackpot.
Zap Meter - Hitting any standup target will make the ZAP! Button flash for a short time. Pressing the button will charge up the Zap Meter; the Zap Meter goes to 5. Zap Jackpots appear on shots where you have just made another type of jackpot, which decrements the Zap Meter. Collecting enough Zap Jackpots will qualify the Zap Super Jackpot.
Awards that qualify Zap Jackpots are any award that the game calls a Jackpot. This includes Jackpots in Herman Multiball, Enlarging Ray, Grandpa Multiball, Raven Multiball, and even the Jackpots in the second stage of Munster Madness.
Other Features:

Dragula - Landing in the Dragula lane will collect a bunch of small mystery awards: increasing the bonus multiplier, points (dependent on progress that has been made on the DRAGULA target), and “boosting” characters to make their modes score more. 5x can be qualified at the Dragula lane either by completing DRAGULA or by shooting the lane a short time after it had been shot earlier.
Add-A-Ball - During Multiball rounds, the Dragula lane will be lit at the start to add a ball to the Multiball, which also awards a short ball saver. This can be helpful during Raven Multiball (which has no ball save at all). Just remember to cancel any Super Jackpots if they’re lit.
Kitty - Completing a level enables the Kitty target to increase the playfield multiplier and qualify a Raven advance at the left ramp. The multiplier advances from 2x to 3x to 6x. The multiplier lasts for about a minute, and hitting the Kitty target again during will reset the timer. It also awards points and bonus multipliers, along with potentially lighting the Special or Extra Ball. Make good use out of this playfield multiplier - it can drastically increase the amounts of points you collect throughout the game.
Mystery Award - One Mystery Award can be collected per game - very different from what past Stern machines have done. This will also qualify the Mystery Super Jackpot. On the Pro, this is collected at the scoop; on the Premium / LE, this is collected at the saucer in Grandpa’s Laboratory. Awards collected on the Premium / LE that apply to the main playfield will start after the timer in Grandpa’s Laboratory ends or after Grandpa Multiball. Awards available from Mystery are:
Start Member (any of the five, even Raven if the advances at the left ramp are qualified)
Boost Member (same as the boost awarded off of Dragula. Basically this is the game saying “screw you”)
Max Dragula (advances DRAGULA value to max and qualifies 5x Dragula instantly)
Light Kitty (this is the only Mystery Award in tournament mode)
Light Extra Ball (at the scoop)
Light Special (at either outlane)
Combos - Make shots in succession to score combo points. These can be collected at any time during play. On the Premium / LE, combo rules also apply to Grandpa’s Laboratory.
Super Jets - This is activated after collecting 3 boyfriend departures at the right ramp. When activated, the bumpers will score more points than usual for the rest of the ball, and shots to the right orbit will divert into the bumpers thanks to a post in the back of the game. This is also a really good way to increase your bonus multipliers.
Super Jackpots: There are 9 different ways to qualify the Dragula lane for a Super Jackpot (ten on the Premium/LE) - and ALL of them stack on top of each other. The base value is 350,000, which is raised by a small amount (3,500?) each time you shoot the unlit scoop. When multiple Super Jackpots are collected together, they are each worth more (See below). The collection of all currently lit Super Jackpots can be canceled if you want to save it for later by holding the ZAP! Button. Super Jackpots are not lost on ball drain. Check out the animation and sound when you have a TON of Super Jackpots stacked - it’s easily one of my favorite pinball effects in years. The Super Jackpot qualifying methods are:

Herman - Collect four Jackpots during Herman Multiball.
Spot - Spell SPOT by completing four shots during Spot’s mode.
Lily - Collect 100 switch hits during Lily’s mode.
Enlarging Ray - Collect four Jackpots during Enlarging Ray.
Raven - Collect four Jackpots during Raven Multiball.
Eddie - Collect five Eddie Loops.
Marilyn - Collect five boyfriend departures.
Zap - Collect four Zap Jackpots.
Mystery - Available upon collecting a Mystery Award.
Grandpa (Premium / LE only) - Collect the Machine Jackpot during Grandpa Multiball.
1 SJP = 1x current super jackpot value
2 SJPs = 3x current super jackpot value
3 SJPs = 6x current super jackpot value
4 SJPs = 10x current super jackpot value
5 SJPs = 13x current super jackpot value
6 SJPs = 15x current super jackpot value
7 SJPs = 17x current super jackpot value
8 SJPs = 19x current super jackpot value
9 SJPs = 21x current super jackpot value
10 SJPs = 23x current super jackpot value

Note that each Super Jackpot also has its own distinctive color, shown when the Super Jackpot is qualified and during the Super Jackpot animation. Nothing special, just something cool that I think is worth pointing out.

Extra Balls & Specials: An Extra Ball is available at the scoop after completing an adjustable amount of levels (typically around 3 to 4). Special can be qualified at the outlanes through Kitty.

Munster Madness: This is a complicated 4-ball Multiball wizard mode. It can be started at the scoop by completing one level for all of the family members (and after any modes already in progress have finished up). Similarly to the other modes in this game, Munster Madness has two levels.

Level 1:

Stage 1: Shoot the five major areas three times in 10 seconds, in this order: Herman, Raven, Lily, Spot, Grandpa. This stage ends either when all areas have been completed or the timer for each area runs out. On the Premium / LE model, you can also collect Jackpots in Grandpa’s Laboratory. This is the only way to qualify Zap Jackpots during Munster Madness I.
Stage 2: Shoot the scoop to collect a Hurry-Up value determined by the points you collected during the previous stage. After collecting the Hurry-Up or having it time out, you will return to the previous stage.
Level 2:

Stage 1: The mode starts by showing you instructions for all of the family members and what buffs they’ll award if you complete them. Completing any family member will advance you to stage 2.

Herman - Make three shots to Herman for additional ball save time once per round.
Raven - Make three shots to the left ramp to qualify Kitty for big multipliers once per round.
Eddie - Make a shot to both the left and right orbit to double every Jackpot awarded once per round.
Marilyn - Make a shot to the right ramp to light a Super Jackpot once per round.
Lily - Make four shots to the LILY target for increased scoring every round.
Spot - Make two shots to the left ramp and two shots to the right ramp to boost every member every round.
Grandpa - (Pro) Make four shots to the standup targets for more time every round. / (Premium / LE) Make four shots to the standup targets to enable Grandpa’s Laboratory for Jackpots every round. (Yup, you’re gonna have to use both sets of flipper buttons at once!)
Stage 2: The four major shots will all light for Jackpots. If Eddie has been completed, you will be able to shoot each Jackpot twice, and if Grandpa has been completed on the Premium / LE, you’ll be able to collect Jackpots in the Laboratory as well. The Jackpots are on a timer that resets if a Jackpot is collected; when the timer runs out, the stage will end.

Stage 3: Collect four Hurry-Ups in a row, with values corresponding to the amounts of Jackpots you collected in the previous two stages. The first Hurry-Up is based solely off of the Jackpots you collected, and the three following add the previous Hurry-Up value to the countdown. The shots lit to collect the Hurry-Up are lit one at a time, starting off at the left ramp and then moving to the right orbit, the right ramp, and then the left orbit. If any Hurry-Up times out or if they are all collected, you will return to Stage 1 with a chance to complete another family member and potentially stack buffs into Munster Madness for big points. Figure out what family members work with your strategy and take advantage of them! (Fun fact - in early code, this Stage was severely unbalanced, resulting in potential scores over 2 billion with the right members stacked up.)

Bonus: Bonus is some predetermined value plus 10k * levels completed, times the bonus multiplier.

Miscellaneous:

Listen to the music on each ball - different instruments are used every ball. Reminds me a little bit of what Cyclone did with its music.
Sound design on this game is excellent, from the laugh track when you’re failing to make shots to the xylophone that ascends and descends if you miss the left ramp. Quality stuff here.
There’s a Secret Mania mode that you can start if you know the code. Complete the areas for each family member and score bonus points for completing them all!
Midnight Madness is on this machine (after all, Dwight Sullivan did program it.) Start a game up shortly before 12 am to see it for yourself!
Strategies:

Scoring on this game is very linear compared to some of the other recent Stern titles, largely because of the lack of mode stacking. That being said, the biggest points in the game can come from stacking Super Jackpots. Ideally, always cancel these unless you have a 6x multiplier and a bunch of Super Jackpots are ready.
Lily is the only mode which can be stacked with another major mode, which makes it a lot easier to qualify the Lily Super Jackpot when stacked with a multiball.

#4200 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You'll do fine...Just take care and time w points above. It's the hardest on this set, for sure, but doable. Nothing has to break, and it fits well....Oh...Also just be real careful when removing the small screws, that they don't drop down in the cab...Another PITA to find

So far the only one with a real prob was right side bumper. Where the rail mounts. No matter how I tried I could not get the nut to grab.,,stud not long enough. I had an extra protector...so drum sander on a dremel and tool a small amount of material off the protector in that corner. Bingo! Got it

Now Grandpa was just a pain...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/84?hl=gamerrick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.