IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 237.
#4101 4 years ago
Quoted from ykes:

I updated mine last night and it kept them all - from 0.99 to 1.

I wonder if I did something wrong last time ..

#4102 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I think adding that piece of rubber in my game was the single most useful home made modification, what you have done should also work. When my ball travels to the scoop now it just quietly sinks into its hole. No more rejections period, no metal to metal clanking, and best of all no more ball or scoop pocket abuse going on. All should consider this mod as a benefit, not to mention Stern should do this on all games with similar scoops. I'm adding this same mod to my GB & GOTG.
Gotta give my man Who-Dey credit for this one, I owe him a six pack of his best beer!
[quoted image]

Any chance you can post the dimensions or picture of one not installed? So we can replicate from the pictures. (If you are installing on your other games).

Also type material and wherever we can buy?

Thanks!

#4103 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I think adding that piece of rubber in my game was the single most useful home made modification, what you have done should also work. When my ball travels to the scoop now it just quietly sinks into its hole. No more rejections period, no metal to metal clanking, and best of all no more ball or scoop pocket abuse going on. All should consider this mod as a benefit, not to mention Stern should do this on all games with similar scoops. I'm adding this same mod to my GB & GOTG.
Gotta give my man Who-Dey credit for this one, I owe him a six pack of his best beer!
[quoted image]

What type of material is that pinhead? Curious if it will fray and be a bitch to clean off and replace. But I’d like to put something. That scoop gets hit hard!

#4104 4 years ago

Do a quick update not full update and your setting a scores will remain.

#4105 4 years ago
Quoted from ykes:

I updated mine last night and it kept them all - from 0.99 to 1.

So did I. No issues. Kept all settings and scores.

#4106 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Do a quick update not full update and your setting a scores will remain.

I always do a full update and verify. Still didn’t lose anything just FYI.

#4107 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

new owner, when I updated from .96 to .99, I noticed the 'verify'....... what does that mean?

#4108 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Wow good to know, I really thought full wiped them out.

#4109 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

new owner, when I updated from .96 to .99, I noticed the 'verify'....... what does that mean?

after the code is written to the machine it reads the data back for a 100% match to assure as there is no errors in the write process

#4110 4 years ago

Ok, thanks for your help guys! I appreciate y'all!

#4111 4 years ago

after the code is written to the machine it reads the data back for a 100% match to assure as there is no errors in the write process

cool, thanks!

#4112 4 years ago

The new code did not fix the countdown issue in the LP...at least for me... its a crap shoot... one time the timer is set to 18...and does not start counting until ball is launched... next time... starts counting and by time a ball is launched its at 10-12...

#4113 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

The new code did not fix the countdown issue in the LP

Here too.

#4114 4 years ago

So... I hooked up speaker wiring (with alligator clips) from my cabinet base speaker and connected it to an external subwoofer. When I turned the game on, a ticking sound was coming from the cabinet speaker. Disconnect wires and ticking stopped. Anyone have an idea why this happened?

#4115 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

The new code did not fix the countdown issue in the LP...at least for me... its a crap shoot... one time the timer is set to 18...and does not start counting until ball is launched... next time... starts counting and by time a ball is launched its at 10-12...

Yes I have exact same issue. Been there for last three code updates at least. Don’t k ow why they keep missing that one. Sent bug report a week ago

#4116 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

So... I hooked up speaker wiring (with alligator clips) from my cabinet base speaker and connected it to an external subwoofer. When I turned the game on, a ticking sound was coming from the cabinet speaker. Disconnect wires and ticking stopped. Anyone have an idea why this happened?

Make sure no exposed wires are coming into contact with any metal or other wires. See that big steel ground wire they have in there on the cabinet floor. My Pinstadium alligator clips hit that once and sparked.

#4117 4 years ago

Here are the pics of plastic #79 and #80. Does anyone know where these go? Thanks

IMG_1501 (resized).jpgIMG_1501 (resized).jpgIMG_1500 (resized).jpgIMG_1500 (resized).jpgIMG_1499 (resized).jpgIMG_1499 (resized).jpg
#4118 4 years ago

Those look like lower playfield plastics right by the flippers

#4119 4 years ago

how you get those....??

#4120 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I wonder if I did something wrong last time ..

You didn't do anything wrong.. 1.0 is the first version from Munsters to save settings from the previous version.. Although I am not sure if it would save settings if you upgraded from something previous 0.99..

#4121 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Here are the pics of plastic #79 and #80. Does anyone know where these go? Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

To me they just looked like extras plastics, I have these also in the goodie bag. They match the lower playfield ones..

#4122 4 years ago

None of my scores saved.

#4123 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

how you get those....??

They were in the goodie bag with the key fob.

#4124 4 years ago

Those look like lower playfield plastics right by the flippers

Ok cool. Thanks

#4125 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Press upper playfield left and right flipper buttons together and it will launch the ball straight away. My wife showed me that!

#4126 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

You didn't do anything wrong.. 1.0 is the first version from Munsters to save settings from the previous version.. Although I am not sure if it would save settings if you upgraded from something previous 0.99..

Thank you much Zukram

#4127 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

None of my scores saved.

Was it that you had to turn on save all settings maybe before updating? Not sure.

#4128 4 years ago

In the last few version of code there is now a new utility that you can save all your scores and settings to a usb stick and load them back in after a code update. That’s what I have been doing. You can even add them to other Munster machines too. The basic adjustments can be used across all current machines. Must be very useful for establishments that want all the basic setting the same across all of their new Stern games.

#4129 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Was it that you had to turn on save all settings maybe before updating? Not sure.

I don't know. My scores got erased but I as kinda looking forward to it, initially. Now that I start playing it is getting old. I've probably hit 8 high scores in one game... Herman champion, Lilly champion, Grandpa champion, combo champion, spot champion, munster madness champion, etc...

Of course, I started over in skill level for some reason too so I beat the score each game instead of putting down an impressive score and working to beat it... I put down a pathetic score followed by another pathetic score and another... all of them "champion". I did not experience this before cause the game was at MGC prior to me taking it home and I had to work toward the champion scores.

#4130 4 years ago

For those that have inquired I will take some photos of the rubber bumper I made along with measurements and post them, may take me a couple days though. The rubber is of a pretty hard durometer, 1/8" thick. In fact now that I think about it why don't I just make some of them up and send them to those who want one.

They don't take long to make so no big deal, and I have a good supply of that sheet rubber. Those who want one just send me a PM and we can go from there.

Got to M/Madness again tonight, 3rd time I've been able to experience it. I find myself slapping the ball around the lower playfield while trying to focus on the upper, not easy to do, but fun. So what have you guys been doing, strategies, would like to hear from others how they go about playing both playfields at the same time. Thanks all

#4131 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

They were in the goodie bag with the key fob.

Goodie bag?

#4132 4 years ago

I think that the Pro games got a goodie bag... I did not with my Prem.

#4133 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I did not with my LE.....

#4134 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I got one with the Premium I picked up last week. It was stapled like usual to the side of the cabinet (in front of the manual). It had some stickers, a couple plastics, miscellaneous cards and a few more "goodies."
(Key fob pic)

B388A2A9-BF2C-4381-9384-D41BDF9AD3B4 (resized).jpegB388A2A9-BF2C-4381-9384-D41BDF9AD3B4 (resized).jpeg

#4135 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

There is one in my LE...

#4136 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Quoted from JMCFAN:

Are you guys sure? My LE came with a goodie bag. Stapled to the left side of the cabinet. Just to the left of the coin box.

#4137 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Are you guys sure? My LE came with a goodie bag. Stapled to the left side of the cabinet. Just to the left of the coin box.

Guess I should have looked in the bag.... my bad... thought it was just paperwork......its in the file cabinet....

#4138 4 years ago

It seems as tho early Premiums did not have a goodie bag. I am certain that I did not

#4139 4 years ago

My Prem has it, build was the end of March 2019

#4140 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Might want to check again....mine was in there (LE, first round)...

#4141 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Might want to check again....mine was in there (LE, first round)...

Yea its there....I didnt check the bag..thought it was all paperwork

#4142 4 years ago

What does "boosted" mean? I keep hearing as I play that "Herman is boosted", or Spot is boosted, etc.

So what does the term "boosted" really mean (besides more points).

I would like to know.

The term "boost" doe not appear until page 4 of the instructions under

Raven Boost.

* RAVEN can only be boosted from Multiball.

But there is no other mention of the word in the instructions.

So now I am left to assume. Since Stern has not defined "boosted" all I can do is assume.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 11.48.05 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-05-17 at 11.48.05 AM (resized).png

#4143 4 years ago

Boosted means worth more points. How it works and exactly how much more, not sure.

#4144 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Boosted means worth more points. How it works and exactly how much more, not sure.

This is exactly why I have been frustrated with this "boosted" term. Doesn't Stern realize when they're dealing with some OCD customers like me... I NEED TO KNOW!!!

#4145 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

This is exactly why I have been frustrated with this "boosted" term. Doesn't Stern realize when they're dealing with some OCD customers like me... I NEED TO KNOW!!!

Haha. Agreed. I posted that very detailed layout of the supers and how much they are worth and I bet like 5 people care. Haha

#4146 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I am the guy in the room who always seems to ask the questions that screw the speech maker up

#4147 4 years ago

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boosted

Maybe it just means that Grandpa and Lily are under the influence of alcohol or drugs (definition #6 on the page)!! Interestingly enough, not many of these definitions could be applied to mean more points. Granted, this is the urban dictionary, but it's tough enough to find anything on the net not pertaining to the powered skateboard (my son love's his Boosted Plus).

I tried to picture Gary Stern speaking when they give most of the examples as I read through them...

#4148 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Agreed. I posted that very detailed layout of the supers and how much they are worth and I bet like 5 people care. Haha

Make that 6. Link?

#4149 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hope I was one of the 5, I read it and it was very informative. Thank you.

#4150 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Make that 6. Link?

Make that 7.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/83?hl=cthomas1998 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.