IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 237.
#4051 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Here is another one.. Did you know that some of the Stern LEs have different screened plastics to the premiums?

Yes. it is in the manual. The different part numbers.

#4052 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Stern is not alone, and at least they don't re-release an LE.....ever. I can think of a few (Tron, ST, TWD, BIBLE, BM66) that are holding up just fine.
If you buy machines beyond their intent (toys), you're guaranteed to be disappointed at some point. Is what it is, I guess....

I don’t care about value. I’m only annoyed because that’s just not the way to treat your customers that give you $6,000 - $10,000 a pop.

#4053 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A lot if people will be wiser now because of this.
Screw me once, shame on you.
Screw me twice, shame on me.
This could come back to bite Stern in the ass in the future.

I think it will. I know I will hold off on an LE next time unless I’m sure I gotta have it.

#4054 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I dont see anywhere in that photo that sais "exclusive full colour playfield". The rest is well known by all LE users when they order.

You are correct. It does not say anything about the color play field at all. But it is another reason why a buyer, for anything, needs to read the fine print. It is the old "when you assume" something it makes an ASS of U and ME.

The fine print: All the crap the company hopes you do not bother to read. But if you buy and the product does not deliver, you get screwed over by the fine print. Been there--done that; Way back on page 9 of a 16 page copy of fine print, stuck in the middle of the page, was the fine print that cost me some big bucks.

#4055 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

14 mods!!!! impressive...pics, please....

Sure!

Pinstadium Fusions
Pinstadium Baby Pins
Raven Clock (Mod Cop)
Spot ramp light (Lermods) not shown
Herman magnet ring protector (Mod Cop)
3D eye (Mod Cop)
Grandpa Chair (Mod Cop)
Drag Light (Mezel Mods)
Shooter rod plate (Mod Cop)
Flipper bats (Mod Cop)
Interactive trough light (Lermods)
Flasher coil covers (Mod Cop)
Spot bannister gargoyles (Mezel Mods)
Green 9 piece plastic Protector

Think I got all the mods by correct dealer.
088F7193-0E2E-4D01-8C01-00BE05E30AA1 (resized).jpeg088F7193-0E2E-4D01-8C01-00BE05E30AA1 (resized).jpeg20908779-A022-4EF0-974A-7BF5C273DF05 (resized).jpeg20908779-A022-4EF0-974A-7BF5C273DF05 (resized).jpeg26EBABB7-433D-4416-ADB3-CA6430323FCE (resized).jpeg26EBABB7-433D-4416-ADB3-CA6430323FCE (resized).jpeg5F78B50E-9B87-46A1-9284-B991E61ADE00 (resized).jpeg5F78B50E-9B87-46A1-9284-B991E61ADE00 (resized).jpeg65B772C5-4AB0-4CAC-8B8F-C4A1D35F5BB1 (resized).jpeg65B772C5-4AB0-4CAC-8B8F-C4A1D35F5BB1 (resized).jpeg8472C060-C949-431D-A23B-72E58584BE3C (resized).jpeg8472C060-C949-431D-A23B-72E58584BE3C (resized).jpeg8DEA8D60-291D-424F-AA53-CFF66B08D046 (resized).jpeg8DEA8D60-291D-424F-AA53-CFF66B08D046 (resized).jpegAD0CAB6C-0E7B-4C71-9B9A-87DF09C90E37 (resized).jpegAD0CAB6C-0E7B-4C71-9B9A-87DF09C90E37 (resized).jpegB05DA2BD-1724-47E3-9E08-41AE25EE8EB1 (resized).jpegB05DA2BD-1724-47E3-9E08-41AE25EE8EB1 (resized).jpegC30773F4-38A2-468F-833F-865141F7BE9A (resized).jpegC30773F4-38A2-468F-833F-865141F7BE9A (resized).jpegCC33463A-A2F6-40CB-9521-F27CF19D0F06 (resized).jpegCC33463A-A2F6-40CB-9521-F27CF19D0F06 (resized).jpegD6D7E2FC-93B6-4D14-8081-EFC601EB923B (resized).jpegD6D7E2FC-93B6-4D14-8081-EFC601EB923B (resized).jpeg

#4056 4 years ago

Also I used Novus 2 then 1 and then wax over the lower PF window and it looks great! Took away almost all scratches and it looks sooo much better. Only thing I didn’t do was remove the window and treat the underside and clean and wax the lower PF. Nervous about removing the window too many times and stripping out the wood. Will clean and wax when I have to clean the window again.

#4057 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

14 mods!!!! impressive...pics, please....

I actually have four more I want to put on. One is out of stock. Two others require removal of a GI light and one was broken when I got it and I’m waiting for the new one. I have Deadpool LE but no mods on that yet except Pinstadium fusions. But Munsters is sooo fun to mod and the mods are all really cool on the pin. I’ve got at least $1,200 into mods easy. Worth it. This thing gives me and my family and friends lots of enjoyment. What else is life for?

#4058 4 years ago

Hoooooly crap Batman! I looked on here and there was over 60 unread posts waiting on me. I thought that Stern gave this game a complete and total code overhaul and all it was was Rick screaming and crying like a little girl!

Lol im just kidding Rick you are a good dude buddy! Hey there ain't nobody gonna give a shit about your game being an LE 10 years from now after you have played it so much that you have got the playfield paint wore off down to the bare wood so don't worry about it buddy. Your game will be worth about $700.00 dollars by then.

#4059 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Nervous about removing the window too many times and stripping out the wood

Those screws don't go into the wood Rick, they go into a piece of plastic that could be changed out if necessary. I got mine out right now doing a good cleaning on everything so i will let you know how big of a pain it is to put back in. I may have to fly in my old buddy 1956PINHEAD in from CA or Pinballadicted in from Australia to get it back in.

#4060 4 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Someone pointed out that curved line with differing contrast on each side a while back. It is annoying to look at and (ahem, Dwight) needs to be fixed in a code update. Very amateurish!

Someone send into Sterns bug.report email address. Who has the full email address?

#4061 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Someone send into Sterns bug.report email address. Who has the full email address?

[email protected]

Please do not expect a return email, this is only to report bugs.

Good Luck!

#4062 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Those screws don't go into the wood Rick, they go into a piece of plastic that could be changed out if necessary. I got mine out right now doing a good cleaning on everything so i will let you know how big of a pain it is to put back in. I may have to fly in my old buddy 1956PINHEAD in from CA or Pinballadicted in from Australia to get it back in.

I am sure you will be fine!

#4063 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am sure you will be fine!

I will know here soon, just got to get off of my lazy butt and get her all shined up. Cant seem to get motivated to do it, working these night shifts got me in a funk right now.

#4064 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

On Munsters 10 day plan. LOL

One more edition and we'll have the 5 Munsters of Stern.

#4065 4 years ago

Lab timer still has a bug, after completing Grandpa lab for the first time. Now collect 3 Munster's and have the extra ball light ready with the lab ready at the same time, when you shoot the scoop the lab timer runs while the extra ball intro is still playing eating 4-6 secs of time.

**Reported**

#4066 4 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

One more edition and we'll have the 5 Munsters of Stern.

Give them six more weeks, Pro BW version lol.

#4067 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

If that happens im going to throw a fit!

#4068 4 years ago

Screwing around with Pinball Browser, I open the v1.0 image to see if I can find the GUI screen and turn it from chocolate brown to grey scale to match the BW atmosphere of the game well no luck thus far. However I went into sounds and to my surprise I found an abundance of original cast characters call outs I was like WTF.

I know from my own experience of playing and had decent games too getting to MM quite a few times in the same game, midnight madness etc... I have not heard 75% of them in game. So it has plenty there that needs to be tapped, unless there is some super top secret mode we have not seen before.

#4069 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If that happens im going to throw a fit!

Me to. I saw it nowhere on their 10 year plan.

#4070 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Here ya go[quoted image][quoted image]

I could not get that upper nut to grab with the washer on there.... any tricks? I left the washer off....

#4071 4 years ago

My Herman plastic broke... Where can I get a replacement?

#4072 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Call your distributor

#4073 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Just call stern. They sent me one right away.

#4074 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I could not get that upper nut to grab with the washer on there.... any tricks? I left the washer off....

Well it’s very tight since the plastic protector is so thick. I couldn’t get one screw on the Herman magnet protector.

#4075 4 years ago

Does anyone have what looks like a thin metal protector underneath the Herman plastic next to the ramp? Mine looks like there is and I'm wondering if this was done in response to people reporting this plastic breaking and requesting replacements. My build date is 4/29.

#4076 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Does anyone have what looks like a thin metal protector underneath the Herman plastic next to the ramp? Mine looks like there is and I'm wondering if this was done in response to people reporting this plastic breaking and requesting replacements. My build date is 4/29.

This is what Stern sent me for the Herman fix.

IMG_0896 (resized).JPGIMG_0896 (resized).JPG

#4077 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Yes that’s exactly it. They added the metal metal protector because a lot of Herman plastics are breaking in that section. If you put on the green plastic protector set, or the clear one, you won’t need it.

#4078 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Stern is not alone, and at least they don't re-release an LE.....ever. I can think of a few (Tron, ST, TWD, BIBLE, BM66) that are holding up just fine.
If you buy machines beyond their intent (toys), you're guaranteed to be disappointed at some point. Is what it is, I guess....

Uh...? Didn't Stern just release 100 MORE Munsters LEs? I'm pretty sure that's where mine came from. For a while there there were no NIB Munsters LEs, then suddenly a distributor had one and I bought it. Sadly, I don't have room for it yet (you wanna complain about skyrocketing costs and unforeseen problems? Just try contracting to have a couple of backyard studios built!!! )

#4079 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is what Stern sent me for the Herman fix.
[quoted image]

There you have it. Thanks for the info.

#4080 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yes that’s exactly it. They added the metal metal protector because a lot of Herman plastics are breaking in that section. If you put on the green plastic protector set, or the clear one, you won’t need it.

Thanks for the info.

#4081 4 years ago

Still have the Mezel Mod sewage pipe mod for sale. Sell it for $45 including shipping domestically. Retails new for $55. Send a PM if interested.

#4082 4 years ago

In the goody bag with the key fob are plastic numbers 79 and 80. Does anyone know where these go? I can't tell if they are extras or if they are optional add-ons. I'll add pics of them later. Thanks

#4083 4 years ago

Anyone know when the topper is coming out?

I asked Stern 2 months ago and they said two weeks #anotherstarwarstopper!

#4084 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Anyone know when the topper is coming out?

Good news is, topper was put it the new code.

#4085 4 years ago

wanted to pad grandpa's scoop so ball would not get beat up as much. Lots of good ideas already posted on how to do that, but being 'thrifty', I looked around the house to see what I already had that I could use. Found some Moleskin (slightly padded tape with adhesive one one side) that my wife uses to pad sore spots on her feet, works great!! See photo.....I need to trim up the moleskin a little, but you get the idea.

IMG_1009 (resized).jpgIMG_1009 (resized).jpg
#4086 4 years ago

people also talked about the right hand side drain being a little wider than the left.......plan to install a black washer that is slightly wider than current one shown in picture........just to reduce the drainage a little ....easier and simpler than moving the post, and I am nothing if not lazy!

IMG_1010 (resized).jpgIMG_1010 (resized).jpg
#4087 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

6 weeks after this will be the LE B&W!

#4088 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

people also talked about the right hand side drain being a little wider than the left.......plan to install a black washer that is slightly wider than current one shown in picture........just to reduce the drainage a little ....easier and simpler than moving the post, and I am nothing if not lazy!
[quoted image]

I think all you have to do is lift the play field and loosen a nut and the post should slide right on down. To do your thing with a washer you will have to remove the glass, so moving the post only requires you to lift the play field. you must really be lazy

#4089 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Careful if you leave the washer off the nut will dig into the plastic significantly

#4090 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I think all you have to do is lift the play field and loosen a nut and the post should slide right on down. To do your thing with a washer you will have to remove the glass, so moving the post only requires you to lift the play field. you must really be lazy

was just playing the game, noticed that! Thank you for pointing that out! but first, I feel a nap coming on....

#4091 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Careful if you leave the washer off the nut will dig into the plastic significantly

Yea I am going to pull the glass tomorrow to install Herman and drac one... and figure it out..

#4092 4 years ago

Actually you have to pull the post out and insert it into the lower hole and tapping it in will be necessary.

#4093 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

[quoted image]

Someone else posted instructions on how / where to drill a new hole to really even left and right out

#4094 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Someone else posted instructions on how / where to drill a new hole to really even left and right out

I was talking about how to put the sling Herman plastic back on after putting the plastic protectors on. Not about the moving of the post.

#4095 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Just call stern. They sent me one right away.

Emailed Stern support. Chas is sending me the updated parts.

#4096 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

wanted to pad grandpa's scoop so ball would not get beat up as much. Lots of good ideas already posted on how to do that, but being 'thrifty', I looked around the house to see what I already had that I could use. Found some Moleskin (slightly padded tape with adhesive one one side) that my wife uses to pad sore spots on her feet, works great!! See photo.....I need to trim up the moleskin a little, but you get the idea.
[quoted image]

I think adding that piece of rubber in my game was the single most useful home made modification, what you have done should also work. When my ball travels to the scoop now it just quietly sinks into its hole. No more rejections period, no metal to metal clanking, and best of all no more ball or scoop pocket abuse going on. All should consider this mod as a benefit, not to mention Stern should do this on all games with similar scoops. I'm adding this same mod to my GB & GOTG.

Gotta give my man Who-Dey credit for this one, I owe him a six pack of his best beer!

20190512_162010 (resized).jpg20190512_162010 (resized).jpg

#4097 4 years ago
Quoted from captainBR:

Uh...? Didn't Stern just release 100 MORE Munsters LEs? I'm pretty sure that's where mine came from. For a while there there were no NIB Munsters LEs, then suddenly a distributor had one and I bought it. Sadly, I don't have room for it yet (you wanna complain about skyrocketing costs and unforeseen problems? Just try contracting to have a couple of backyard studios built!!! )

They changed from 500 to 600 pretty quick (shortly after it was announced, but before a game shipped, I believe) when it was obvious the demand was there. Yet to see "x" of 1000, and then 3 other models of the same "limited" variety out of Stern.

"LE" = "limited edition" from Stern. Doesn't matter if it's the one you like best or not, that's all that will be.
"LE" = "latest edition" from others...

#4098 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I think adding that piece of rubber in my game was the single most useful home made modification, what you have done should also work. When my ball travels to the scoop now it just quietly sinks into its hole. No more rejections period, no metal to metal clanking, and best of all no more ball or scoop pocket abuse going on. All should consider this mod as a benefit, not to mention Stern should do this on all games with similar scoops. I'm adding this same mod to my GB & GOTG.
Gotta give my man Who-Dey credit for this one, I owe him a six pack of his best beer!
[quoted image]

You dont owe me a thing brother. I think it was actually Chuckwurts idea and i gave it a try. I still get rejects but it is definitely better now and the foam softens the blow to the scoop which may help keep it from breaking something.

#4099 4 years ago

Afternoon guys. I'm going to update to version 1.0 later tonight When I updated to .99, I lost all my settings and high scores, Champs, etc. Im assuming this is typical. That was the first time I've had to do an update, my other Stern is an AC/DC that already had the latest installed by my distributor. So, my question is, is there a way to save all that stuff to a USB stick before loading the new code, then simply load the settings afterwards, or am I just going to have to start over and also do all the settings from scratch? Thanks!

#4100 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Afternoon guys. I'm going to update to version 1.0 later tonight When I updated to .99, I lost all my settings and high scores, Champs, etc. Im assuming this is typical. That was the first time I've had to do an update, my other Stern is an AC/DC that already had the latest installed by my distributor. So, my question is, is there a way to save all that stuff to a USB stick before loading the new code, then simply load the settings afterwards, or am I just going to have to start over and also do all the settings from scratch? Thanks!

I updated mine last night and it kept them all - from 0.99 to 1.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/82?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.