IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 237.
#3951 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I betcha LE resale will be affected downward price wise since now you can get a color premium.

Umm...No. Guessing your kidding. They gave color choice to the premium, has nothing to do w the LE. And is anyone really buying any of these new games ( from any company) for resale? Hopefully not. Prices just too high.

#3952 4 years ago

Regarding the new color Premium;

Some of us may remember the saying 'variety is the spice of life', and that's a good thing. I can recall a time when we didn't have multiple choices in game art, mechanism's, etc. when buying a game. We should all rejoice that we as enthusiasts have options and that the manufacturers are making financial investments 'In Us' by giving us these options.

I'm just happy that as a buyer I am being given more options today than ever before

#3953 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Umm...No. Guessing your kidding. They gave color choice to the premium, has nothing to do w the LE. And is anyone really buying any of these new games ( from any company) for resale? Hopefully not. Prices just too high.

Well I bought the LE sight unseen because it was the only color version. If they announced there would be a color premium I could have waited until one got on location and played it, which is how I picked all my other machines. I had to buy the LE quickly because they sold out in two days. Would have been happy with the premium. But I do love my machine so I’m not complaining personally. I definitely see how someone could be justifiably upset though. I’m not real happy with how Stern has handled the entire Munsters release. This is the second move they made that will surely alienate some customers. And I don’t agree it was obvious a color premium would come out. Hard to wait on a machine you want that bad on the hope they will release what you want later on. If you’re wrong, then you miss out entirely.

#3954 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That is weird. Does your lower playfield ever work? Im assuming that it obviously does right?

Yes, my mini-play field works properly all of the time. It just does not rally during MM. I'll call support.

#3955 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes, my mini-play field works properly all of the time. It just does not rally during MM. I'll call support.

Yeah give them a call Cotton because that is very strange. I would like to know what is going on there.

#3956 4 years ago

Like many, I bought the LE because it was the only version in color with the lower playfield. That's exactly how Stern positioned it.

My hard-earned purchase became less special when upping the LEs to 600. Gee, thanks Gary.

Even less special now.

The shame isn't on any previous buyers who 'should have known' they would do this. We purchased EXACTY how positioned by Stern.

The shame is on Stern for positioning it and timing it as they did, knowing all along they would be taking advantage of the early buyers.

Shitty move Stern.

#3957 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Like many, I bought the LE because it was the only version in color with the lower playfield. That's exactly how Stern positioned it.
My hard-earned purchase became less special when upping the LEs to 600. Gee, thanks Gary.
Even less special now.
The shame isn't on any previous buyers who 'should have known' they would do this. We purchased EXACTY how positioned by Stern.
The shame is on Stern for positioning it and timing it as they did, knowing all along they would be taking advantage of the early buyers.
Shitty move Stern.

Usually the playfields look the same anyway and you still got the other upgrades that come with an LE. I wouldn't let it upset me too much, these games arent investments any how. Just enjoy it and play the hell out if it. Small taters in this big world of yams!

#3958 4 years ago

I agree. Just feel like Stern manipulated the market, which makes me feel taken advantage of, especially for such a high dollar purchase. Might be different if it was a $28 beach towel from Target

But you are right, still love my game for many different reasons and will enjoy it for many years.

#3959 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

I agree. Just feel like Stern manipulated the market, which makes me feel taken advantage of, especially for such a high dollar purchase. Might be different if it was a $28 beach towel from Target
But you are right, still love my game for many different reasons and will enjoy it for many years.

Yes Sir, the game is possibly the most beautiful pinball machine ever made. I played mine a few games before work tonight and i just cannot understand why people don't like this game because it is so much fun. Sure it could use some more code but its still fun as hell. Mine is staying with me forever.

#3960 4 years ago

These days, buy the pin you want.

The LE business model ain't worth much anymore.

Both Stern and JJP will make as many games and different versions as they can get away with.

#3961 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

These days, buy the pin you want.
The LE business model ain't worth much anymore.
Both Stern and JJP will make as many games and different versions as they can get away with.

Stern doesn’t ever dump on their LE owners from what I’ve seen. Meaning that they will never offer a similar package to the LE. The premium is not close in value to the LE. LE’s offer a great deal more.
For example, I’d love to buy the Batman LE topper, but Stern will never sell it. JJP on the other hand is not in any way limited, that we agree.

#3962 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What code are you running?

#3963 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What code are you running?

Thats right, the original code didnt have both playfields running at the same time did it?

#3964 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats right, the original code didnt have both playfields running at the same time did it?

Yeah pretty sure MM I with both play-fields going was added later.

#3965 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Stern doesn’t ever dump on their LE owners from what I’ve seen. Meaning that they will never offer a similar package to the LE. The premium is not close in value to the LE. LE’s offer a great deal more.
For example, I’d love to buy the Batman LE topper, but Stern will never sell it. JJP on the other hand is not in any way limited, that we agree.

Agreed, and mainly just purchase the machine I want to own. The LE has features that can't be purchased, but I see nothing wrong w that.

@gamerrick... Completely agree w your point, except I think it's the premium owners that are more affected by this version. If anyone bought an LE strictly because of pf color, they got ( and paid) more than just that. Premium buyers should have been offered the choice upon release, imho, but weren't. There lies the foul, but at least there are other versions of the game now. I personally always thought the color would come at some point

It's nice that Stern has always stuck w the LE being just that ( unlike another manufacturer). They will always maintain "x" value, based on how the machine finally turns out. Certainly not investment caliber of course, but the "x" doesn't change. Doesn't mean it's the best version, but rather an " is what it is" thing.

#3966 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes Sir, the game is possibly the most beautiful pinball machine ever made. I played mine a few games before work tonight and i just cannot understand why people don't like this game because it is so much fun. Sure it could use some more code but its still fun as hell. Mine is staying with me forever.

Agree!

Great suggestions on some code tweaks located here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-code-suggestions-for-dwight

Keep them coming, and we will provide to Stern. Let’s help Stern make the code over the top!

#3967 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Great suggestions on some code tweaks located here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-code-suggestions-for-dwight

Keep them coming, and we will provide to Stern. Let’s help Stern make the code over the top!

@ cpr9999 - Maybe a good idea if you edit your fist post in that thread to add the list of suggestions in there, So if Dwight does read this thread all of the idea's are currently listed right up front so he don't have to search them out.

#3968 4 years ago

Here's an idea Stern, Let your customers know the edition size and all options/tiers before they purchase a $9,000 machine from you only to find out 6 months later there are more options...

Or a disclaimer, so customers know something else might be in the channel, crisis averted..........

Thought after sleeping on this I would feel better but still pissed this AM for jumping sight unseen on a Munsters LE.

If I could get my BKSORLE deposit back without burning a bridge, I would. Won't happen again. Fool me once.....

#3969 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

gamerrick... Completely agree w your point, except I think it's the premium owners that are more affected by this version. If anyone bought an LE strictly because of pf color, they got ( and paid) more than just that. Premium buyers should have been offered the choice upon release, imho, but weren't. There lies the foul, but at least there are other versions of the game now. I personally always thought the color would come at some point
It's nice that Stern has always stuck w the LE being just that ( unlike another manufacturer). They will always maintain "x" value, based on how the machine finally turns out. Certainly not investment caliber of course, but the "x" doesn't change. Doesn't mean it's the best version, but rather an " is what it is" thing.

This was me perfectly. I am not an LE guy in general and only reason I bought the LE was for the color PF with mini playfield combo. Don't care about the extra stuff (outside of the non-glare glass and shaker which I can buy separately) and I liked the B&W in concept as it perfectly matches the theme. However the colors are incredible and my old eyes cannot differentiate the different characters/images on the B&W PF so for me the color PF really popped. Most of all I really do not like the casket cabinet and the gold legs/trim. Super cool in concept and very different, I just love the pro (and now color Prem) cabinet.

I had asked my distro (Big Toys) if he thought there would be a color premium as I would wait. He said possibly but not certainty. Then the LEs seemed to be selling fast so I got what was seemingly the last one at the time for FOMO on the color PF/mini PF combo.

I am really bummed in hindsight that I did not wait it out but feel it was lame for Stern to not state up front there were going to have this version- even if it came later.

#3970 4 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

This was me perfectly. I am not an LE guy in general and only reason I bought the LE was for the color PF with mini playfield combo. Don't care about the extra stuff (outside of the non-glare glass and shaker which I can buy separately) and I liked the B&W in concept as it perfectly matches the theme. However the colors are incredible and my old eyes cannot differentiate the different characters/images on the B&W PF so for me the color PF really popped. Most of all I really do not like the casket cabinet and the gold legs/trim. Super cool in concept and very different, I just love the pro (and now color Prem) cabinet.
I had asked my distro (Big Toys) if he thought there would be a color premium as I would wait. He said possibly but not certainty. Then the LEs seemed to be selling fast so I got what was seemingly the last one at the time for FOMO on the color PF/mini PF combo.
I am really bummed in hindsight that I did not wait it out but feel it was lame for Stern to not state up front there were going to have this version- even if it came later.

Completely agree, and unfortunately, you definitely fit one of the potential premium buyers who chose LE due to color.

That was my point, and definitely don't agree w the timing of release. No justifying this, except they might have worried about b&w Premium sales, and didn't want to pit them against each other.

Bummer, but at least you've got an LE...not the worst thing I suppose...

#3971 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Completely agree, and unfortunately, you definitely fit one of the potential premium buyers who chose LE due to color.
That was my point, and definitely don't agree w the timing of release. No justifying this, except they might have worried about b&w Premium sales, and didn't want to pit them against each other.
Bummer, but at least you've got an LE...not the worst thing I suppose...

Yep you are spot on. Not the worst thing for sure but most of my pins are upstairs as I look at them as functional art and just enjoy looking at them when not playing - they put a smile on my face. When I look at the LE I WANT to love it...............but I don't lol. And I should put black or red legs on it tone down the gold but I tell myself it differentiates the pin from my others and I paid for those damn legs so surely can't switch them out - lol. Weirdly may be moving this one downstairs.

On a + note I love the game a ton - I am a 6-7 out of 10 player so nothing is too easy for me and love seeing the clips and the end of game match where you see the clips with hearing the actual voices - that is the best!! I watch it almost every time!

#3972 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Munster Madness: I keep reading that both play fields are active during MM. It is not this way on my LE. The lower flippers work but they are always active. But I see no lights and no balls on the mini-play field during MM.
Thoughts?

What version of code are you on ?

#3973 4 years ago

New code :
PRO V1.00 - May 29, 2019
========================
Fixed:
- The HOW-TO attract videos will now not play if turned off from the standard
adjustments.
- Fixed some speech timings.
- Fixed Munster Madness level II timer issues.

New:
- Added Topper lamp effects
- Added Team Credits ESaster egg: 1 2 3. To see it you Hold in Both flippers,
then you enter numbers with the left flipper and enter on with the right.
Finally, when you are done you have to enter one last time with the right
flipper. So 1 2 3 would be B LR LLR LLLR R
- Added Topper clock effect to Raven Multiball Jackpots

Tweaked:
- Changed the Marilyn award to LIGHT MARILYN SUPER JACKPOT and START SUPER
POPS at 2 and then every 2 thereafter.
- Added a guaranteed ball save time to Raven Multiball.
- Pressing the top button to start a game when there are no credits will no
longer make a sound as the button is released.
- Starting a game with zero credits will now only make a sound 3 times before
the game will wait an hour before it will make sounds again.

Moved to SYS 2.27:
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.40.0
- Updated instructions for RESTORE SETTINGS.
- Reordered items in UTIL->VOL, moved CABINET SPEAKER TYPE to be after BACKBOX
SPEAKER TYPE.
- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their default
values.

#3974 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

We purchased EXACTY how positioned by Stern.
Shitty move Stern.

+1 … grrrrrrr….

Quoted from Blacksun:

Here's an idea Stern, Let your customers know the edition size and all options/tiers before they purchase a $9,000 machine from you only to find out 6 months later there are more options...
Or a disclaimer, so customers know something else might be in the channel, crisis averted..........
Thought after sleeping on this I would feel better but still pissed this AM for jumping sight unseen on a Munsters LE.
If I could get my BKSORLE deposit back without burning a bridge, I would. Won't happen again. Fool me once.....

+1 …. I am in a very similar boat...

also, I have never bashed stern and am not going to start now, just really disappointed in how I feel I am being treated by them.

#3975 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New code :
PRO V1.00 - May 29, 2019
========================
Fixed:
adjustments.
New:
Tweaked:
Moved to SYS 2.27:
SPEAKER TYPE.
values.

#3976 4 years ago

So nothing exciting about the new code I see. But hey at least they did new stuff for a topper that's still not available.

#3977 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Regarding the new color Premium;
Some of us may remember the saying 'variety is the spice of life', and that's a good thing. I can recall a time when we didn't have multiple choices in game art, mechanism's, etc. when buying a game. We should all rejoice that we as enthusiasts have options and that the manufacturers are making financial investments 'In Us' by giving us these options.
I'm just happy that as a buyer I am being given more options today than ever before

Absolutely agree

#3978 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Even less special now.
Shitty move Stern.

Sort of sounds like Stern has copied a couple of pages from Apple's play book .

#3979 4 years ago

Additionnaly, PRE/LE 1.00 have these :

Fixed:
- The lower timer will no longer time down after Mystery awards Start Spot,
Start Enlarging Ray, or Start Raven.
- Skill shot timer was lasting after Grandpa Multiball started.
- Removed right spinner from list of switches that need to be fixed.

New:
- Added lower playfield ball popper lamp effect when the ball is popping out

#3980 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New code :
PRO V1.00 - May 29, 2019
========================
Fixed:
adjustments.
New:
Tweaked:
Moved to SYS 2.27:
SPEAKER TYPE.
values.

Nothing to see here folks, move on

#3981 4 years ago

Wow, I was originally turned off about no release of a color premium because I wasn’t really into the b/w .now they release a color version and I think I swayed to the b/w after seeing it in person. Haha
I’ve been holding off a little to see where code goes and to keep an eye on wonka Only have room for one more.
Can someone tell me if these last couple updates addressed a lot of issues?

#3982 4 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Can someone tell me if these last couple updates addressed a lot of issues?

What issues?

#3983 4 years ago

You know.... The surprise of a color Prem.

#3984 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

You know.... The surprise of a color Prem.

Oh. Yeah the code updates totally fixed all that. Haha

#3985 4 years ago

Additionnaly, PRE/LE 1.00 have these :

Fixed:
- The lower timer will no longer time down after Mystery awards Start Spot,
Start Enlarging Ray, or Start Raven.
- Skill shot timer was lasting after Grandpa Multiball started.
- Removed right spinner from list of switches that need to be fixed.

New:
- Added lower playfield ball popper lamp effect when the ball is popping out

Removed:
- Announcement of color Premium version

#3986 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Additionnaly, PRE/LE 1.00 have these
Removed:
- Announcement of color Premium version

Lol !

#3987 4 years ago

Ok not issues! Haha
In other words.....
Have the last couple updates made people a little happier?

#3988 4 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Ok not issues! Haha
In other words.....
Have the last couple updates made people a little happier?

There is no making Pinside happier.

#3989 4 years ago

Well so much for all those that said wait for release level code.

I know there are some that think there is some significant code upgrade planned but for now it looks like Dwight’s statement that the initial code / game play was very close to where the game would end up is more likely to be true.

I hope the Munsters topper doesn’t go the route of the Star Wars topper and feel badly for those LE buyers who would have preferred a color Premium. I hope you guys see at least another bug fix update.

The game is still fun as it is, but Stern really dropped the ball on this game. Really wanted a b/w Premium in my game room but will have to be satisfied playing one on location. Adding a flipper code isn’t exactly the improvement I was hoping for.

This beautiful game could have and should have been so much more.

#3990 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I was just disagreeing that it affects LE owners.

And if you have continued to read this thread you will see that it obviously HAS affected some LE owners as many have stated that they aren't happy about it.

#3991 4 years ago

A color Prem coming out doesn't affect my LE purchase at all. I still prefer having the LE package and the Prem translite is my least favorite of the bunch.

#3992 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

A color Prem coming out doesn't affect my LE purchase at all. I still prefer having the LE package and the Prem translite is my least favorite of the bunch.

Ditto here! I bought the LE for the LPF and the backglass.... and it plays awesome... #48

#3993 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This beautiful game could have and should have been so much more.

And THATS the exact reason there are SO MANY pissed off potential buyers.

#3994 4 years ago

I have a premium that came loaded with V 0.99 Munsters LE software. Is this correct? Is/was the LE software the same as the premium? Just curious as I now need to update to V 1.0 and I see there is a different file for the premium and the LE. Thanks in advance for any help.

#3995 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I have a premium that came loaded with V 0.99 Munsters LE software. Is this correct? Is/was the LE software the same as the premium? Just curious as I now need to update to V 1.0 and I see there is a different file for the premium and the LE. Thanks in advance for any help.

It's the same file for LE and Premium

#3996 4 years ago

Non-Pissed here (LE Owner)

#3997 4 years ago

For those looking for a super clean LE, and a chance to meet the coolest bulldog ever (he'll give you a high five if he likes you).

#3998 4 years ago

I wonder how many actual LE owners are pissed at the release of the colour premium? I know there is a few very vocal people that are not happy. Stern have been releasing different variants of games for as long as they have been in business. Nothing really new here, Stern are in business to make and sell as many games as they can. If you like it good, if you do not like it that is good too.

#3999 4 years ago

bought my LE two weeks ago, it was very slightly used. Was gonna get a premium, but LE was close in price, so.....
Anyway, LOVE the LE, tons of fun. What Stern offers in new machines really doesn't bother me. As long as they keep tweaking the code (so much potential with tying into the tv series), I am a happy customer.

#4000 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Well it sure does though if you didn’t want to spend the extra $1,500 for an LE when you don’t really care about the mirror translite, etc.! Don’t tell me saving $1,500 isn’t a big deal to a lot of people. Some people just want the main features you get on the premium. The ONLY reason I bought an LE is I wanted color. Pretty unbelievable that some people can’t see that any way you sliced it Stern treated their Munster customers poorly by doing what they have done. This was not a $50 purchase. This is near ten grand that’s probably the most expensive toy anyone buys for their home. What else costs that much? Nothing inside the house. A car, a boat sure they cost a ton, but these pins are expensive machines and it was not fair to screw people like they did. Seems all that Stern was considering was maximizing sales. But in alienating customers they also lose money. Generally it’s never smart business to treat your customers as only a source of profit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/80?hl=rozeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.