IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 237.
#301 5 years ago

Actually mine hasn't arrived yet but we have one on location as of today.it took me 15 games to make it to munster madness and I'm an above average player apparently playing like crap tonight lol.back at it, they close in an hour and if I don't win a free game......grrr

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Actually mine hasn't arrived yet but we have one on location as of today.it took me 15 games to make it to munster madness and I'm am above average player apparently playing like crap tonight lol.back at it, they close in an hour and if I don't win a free game......grrr

Just give us a mini review as soon as you can. We are all wanting to know how this game is! Enjoy. ....

#303 5 years ago

Mini review

Screenshot_2019-01-29-01-21-35-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-01-29-01-21-35-1 (resized).png
#304 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Mini review[quoted image]

Lol

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Mini review[quoted image]

So ... you can’t play well enough to get to Munster Madness AND you can’t spell?

As Herman would say “Darn, Darn, Darn!”

#306 5 years ago

Combo of playing like crap,tired from a 12 hour work day and to tight of tilt at this location.I played 26 games and only 1 good one,it was a little hard to get into when almost every time I would get multiball the game would tilt from just hitting the flippers but it has great flow and although it seems simple on the surface learning to maximize your score is going to be interesting.I enjoyed it but it will benefit from a few code updates I'm sure and could be argued that it needs it now but what stern release hasn't? It didn't really feel like any other game to me but at the same time it felt just like any stern if that makes sense.I think Munster fans will be happy but it's definitely not good enough to overcome a bad theme like Maiden at least not how it sits imo.that being said I can't wait to get mine set up the way I like it and throw the tilt bob in the trash where it belongs.

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Combo of playing like crap,tired from a 12 hour work day and to tight of tilt at this location.I played 26 games and only 1 good one,it was a little hard to get into when almost every time I would get multiball the game would tilt from just hitting the flippers but it has great flow and although it seems simple on the surface learning to maximize your score is going to be interesting.I enjoyed it but it will benefit from a few code updates I'm sure and could be argued that it needs it now but what stern release hasn't? It didn't really feel like any other game to me but at the same time it felt just like any stern if that makes sense.I think Munster fans will be happy but it's definitely not good enough to overcome a bad theme like Maiden at least not how it sits imo.that being said I can't wait to get mine set up the way I like it and throw the tilt bob in the trash where it belongs.

I dont think anyone expected this game to be as good as IMDN because lets face it, IMDN is pure greatness and one of the best pinball machines ever made imo. Is the game as fun to shoot though as say AS or GOTG or maybe even MET? if so i will take that and hope the code is fun and will get better as time goes by.

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

hope the code is fun and will get better as time goes by.

This is the problem, Dwight already said that level 1 was almost complete bar bugs.
nothing more to be added!

Killer theme,awesome graphics,nice layout with smooth flow, only to be stuffed by Lilys crap target which should be 4 drops and shallow base code.

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

only to be stuffed by Lilys crap target which should be 4 drops

That is the biggest design disappointment for me. Absolutely ridiculous those aren’t drop targets, at least on the Premium and LE.

#310 5 years ago

So I've been playing my WPT regularly lately. Great pin.

I'm trying to get my fill of drop targets before Munsters arrives and the Lilly target disappoints me.

#311 5 years ago

Are there any public places yet in Chicagoland area that have this available to play yet?

#312 5 years ago

Just heard from Zach at Flip N Out Pinball.

My Munsters Pro could have been delivered to me tomorrow, but I told him I'm out of town.

Zach made a call and now it's scheduled for Thursday afternoon.

Now, I'm just counting the hours!!

#313 5 years ago

So to all of the people complaining about the code on Munsters, are you talking that it is shallow like MB, AFM, MM and other 90's games or even more shallow than that? Im just trying to get a good feel for what all the negativity is about? I gotta believe that this game at least has as good of a code as MB. I would hope so anyway. If it is similar to that i would think that alot of people may actually welcome a pin like that. Not every game has to be GOT deep or TWD deep to be fun.

Help me out here and explain your shallow code complaints a little more in detail please.

#314 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So to all of the people complaining about the code on Munsters, are you talking that it is shallow like MB, AFM, MM and other 90's games or even more shallow than that? Im just trying to get a good feel for what all the negativity is about? I gotta believe that this game at least has as good of a code as MB. I would hope so anyway. If it is similar to that i would think that alot of people may actually welcome a pin like that. Not every game has to be GOT deep.or TWD deeo to be fun.
Help me out here and explain your shallow code complaints a little more in detail please.

I'm kinda sick of the bitchin' you want more??

#315 5 years ago

Agreed @ShinyBall, it seems there’s non-stop negativity on the Hype thread.
Would be nice to have the Club thread be more positive and constructive.
We know, as has been stated a number of times, that the code isn’t all that deep.
It still looks like a ton of fun to shoot and I can’t wait to play it.

#316 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So to all of the people complaining about the code on Munsters, are you talking that it is shallow like MB, AFM, MM and other 90's games or even more shallow than that? Im just trying to get a good feel for what all the negativity is about? I gotta believe that this game at least has as good of a code as MB. I would hope so anyway. If it is similar to that i would think that alot of people may actually welcome a pin like that. Not every game has to be GOT deep.or TWD deeo to be fun.

It very much like mb but with many more layers to the scoring , jackpots, zap pots, levels and boosting.

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It very much like mb but with many more layers to the scoring , jackpots, zap pots, levels and boosting.

So there would be little reason to own both?

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Not sure I'd go that far but they are very similar imo . Depends how many pins u can have i guess. I can only have 7-8 so i try to keep some variety.

#319 5 years ago

Looks like the super cold weather in Chicago may delay pins shipping....
I want my pro lol

#320 5 years ago

Mine arrived at my friends today but with the cold weather I probably won't get it until Friday

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Depends on how many pins you have. If you have a small collection having both Munsters and MB I think you would be disappointed in having both take up limited space.

#322 5 years ago

We got ours today!

51094022_2240738199291800_6365301734952140800_o (resized).jpg51094022_2240738199291800_6365301734952140800_o (resized).jpg51168190_10161504185225596_2706025534751506432_o (resized).jpg51168190_10161504185225596_2706025534751506432_o (resized).jpg50824447_10161504185555596_9031776642451636224_o (resized).jpg50824447_10161504185555596_9031776642451636224_o (resized).jpg
#323 5 years ago

I got the LE and I'm excited to roll on it! Premium looks cool as well but B/W just doesn't excite me like it does others I guess. To each their own.
All that being said I am kind of burnt out on buying Stern games in advance of playing them and seeing the code direction and paying their current prices and I think I'm just going to roll in the secondary market and be a game or two behind the curve and save a few bucks in the future. I just got GOTG Pro and Star Wars premium and loving them both! But I love them even more cause I didn't pay NIB prices.

#324 5 years ago

Love the snow pic! Now that’s dedication!

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I'm kinda sick of the bitchin' you want more??

Not really, just trying to understand why all the disapointment is all. This game means a lot to me and i don't want to be disappointed. BM66 wasn't what i hoped it would be so im hoping the Munsters works out for me. These are my two most well liked themes. I guess i will find out tomorrow night for myself.

#326 5 years ago

I rec'd my BOL today. I'm scheduled to receive my pro Friday. Good way to start the weekend.

#327 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not really, just trying to understand why all the disapointment is all. This game means a lot to me and i don't want to be disappointed. BM66 wasn't what i hoped it would be so im hoping the Munsters works out for me. These are my two most well liked themes. I guess i will find out tomorrow night for myself.

There's always a few people that are never happy with anything.... i think most will be happy with munsters overall

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

BM66 wasn't what i hoped it would be so im hoping the Munsters works out for me. These are my two most well liked themes.

I also love the BM66 theme, along with Munsters. In fact, I have an ad running on Pinside for a used BM66. What didn't you like about it?

Sorry, if this is straying off topic ... I'm fairly new here (less than a year.) Not sure if I should have sent you a PM or if it's fine to post this in the thread.

#329 5 years ago

New munsters code just dropped.... sweet. There's a secret mania mode and also a midnight madness mode. Lots of stuff added and fixed also . You can also see lots of add on and fixes in the readme from the prior .90 update also. Looks like some good things happening with munsters. Cant wait to get mine.

#330 5 years ago

So they just posted .91 code update for Pro only......guessing the LE's and Prem's will have this latest version already installed (really hope no machines left Chicago on a semi-truck today watching the weather.)...yikes!!!!

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

New munsters code just dropped.... sweet. There's a secret mania mode and also a midnight madness mode. Lots of stuff added and fixed also . You can also see lots of add on and fixes in the readme from the prior .90 update also. Looks like some good things happening with munsters. Cant wait to get mine.

beat me to it...

I really think this is going to be a great machine....very excited!!!

#332 5 years ago

Reading the file it looks like there is much more to munster madness than i thought. It has 3 levels to it which is really cool.

#333 5 years ago

Here's a quick video of Munster Madness showing the awesome light show. This game is great so far.

#334 5 years ago

New code 0.91 available!!

PRO V0.91 - January 28, 2019
============================
Fixed:
- Fixed issue where the playfield multipliers would not reset if they were
bumped during the grace period.
- Enlarging Ray from mystery will now complete Grandpa.
- Adjustment to disable SPOT was spelled wrong
- Fixed an issue while entering initials with 10 characters turned on

New:
- Added Secret Mania - You need a code. The first clue of the code is findable
- Each of the 5 family members has an area:
- Lily: the LILY bank
- Eddie: Either Orbit
- Herman: Herman toy
- Grandpa: Left ramp
- Marilyn: Right ramp
- Shoot each area to collect them. Collect all 5 for a bonus.
- Added Midnight Madness - Set your clock and start playing just before
midnight.
- Added Midnight Madness Champion
- Added Adjustments for Midnight Madness.
- MIDNIGHT MADNESS MULTIBALL - YES = The mode will run.
- MANDNESS CHAMP ATTRACT SOUNDS - YES = The game will chime on the hour
- The Mystery Feature now always lights MYSTERY SUPER JACKPOT in addition to
a random feature
- Spot Toy pops up at game start for a few seconds or when the ball is plunged

Tweaked:
- Raven Restart background lamp effect was hiding too many lamps.
- Tightened up the orbit timers to allow for awards even if balls are kicking
from the Dragula or the ball shooter.
- Removed the white shots from SPOT. They don't mean anything anymore.
- Changed default replay to 30M
- Adjusted the weights for Mystery and made Mystery more intelligent
- Removed redundant audits
- Improved the timing of some speech calls
- Grandpa can no longer be advanced during Spot

#335 5 years ago

There's always something spooking going on in the Munster house. Introducing the Munsters "Googly Eye" custom 3D pop bumper cap mod! Scary detail fitting of this amazing game. Hand made Glass retina for true authenticity with fine airbrush details to complete the look. Simple install and designed to illuminate from the stock pop lamp for full scary glowing eye effect!! Keep an eye on this product available Now from the Mod Couple store!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).png4 (resized).png
#336 5 years ago

I just got my Pro home a bit ago! What a beautiful game. I’ve only had time to put in a couple games on it so far, but I’m loving the lightning fast ramps and orbits. Herman toy is cool and the music is great! Looking forward to putting a lot more time in on it.

9BFFBD93-4534-46CD-8FBF-3A963548646C (resized).jpeg9BFFBD93-4534-46CD-8FBF-3A963548646C (resized).jpeg

#337 5 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I also love the BM66 theme, along with Munsters. In fact, I have an ad running on Pinside for a used BM66. What didn't you like about it?
Sorry, if this is straying off topic ... I'm fairly new here (less than a year.) Not sure if I should have sent you a PM or if it's fine to post this in the thread.

I dont hate BM66, i just dont love it like i want to. Theres a lot of great things about the game and its fun but i just don't enjoy it enough to spend the money on one. I am going to play Munsters tomorrow though and they have a BM66 so i will drop a few quarters in it and give it a try again. Its a cool game.though for sure and its freakin beautiful also.

#338 5 years ago

You guys with your new Munsters pins are making me very jealous!

#339 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Looks like the super cold weather in Chicago may delay pins shipping....
I want my pro lol

Got my Pro # today from my Distro who got it directly from Stern so at least one left Stern Factory today. Hell Ya

#340 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Got my Pro # today from my Distro who got it directly from Stern so at least one left Stern Factory today. Hell Ya

Next few days are supposed to be super cold .... guess will c ...i want my pin especially with all this new code lol

#341 5 years ago

Remember anyone getting a Pin in the NorthEast let in set for a few hours inside unboxed to warm up. Don’t need condensation frying a board.

Forgot most important part. Don’t turn it on till it’s warmed up. (For the Nubs) LOL

#342 5 years ago

Ha ha already improving the game more to come I am sure awesome

#343 5 years ago

Bring Grandpa Munster to LIFE with the Mod couple "Electric Chair Grandpa" custom illuminated Mod! Extremely sculpted and detailed literally from head to toe. Each mod is hand painted to meticulous detail. Know when to shoot for Grandpas laboratory when the electrodes on his chair (tied to the Grandpa scoop) light up his chair! No detail was overlooked from his electrode helmet to his naughty Playghoul book on his armrest. Fitting and color neutral pattern to fit well with ALL Munsters models. Very simple plug and play installation with color illustrated instructions. This was honestly one of our Biggest mod challenges but we feel Very proud of the final result. We hope everyone loves him as much as we did creating him in honor of this wonderful title. In stock and available NOW from our website store. Thanks to Everyone for the Incredible support of our products and creations. Especially this one. Our personal side tribute to the amazing Adams Family! Enjoy.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#344 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So they just posted .91 code update for Pro only......guessing the LE's and Prem's will have this latest version already installed (really hope no machines left Chicago on a semi-truck today watching the weather.)...yikes!!!!

Am hoping mine left from Chicago...…...bring it on thru rain,sleet,snow-nothing slows us down !! Lol

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I just got my Pro home a bit ago! What a beautiful game. I’ve only had time to put in a couple games on it so far, but I’m loving the lightning fast ramps and orbits. Herman toy is cool and the music is great! Looking forward to putting a lot more time in on it.
[quoted image]

Great looking line-up !! Congrats on receiving Munsters.

#346 5 years ago

So I've watched Jack Danger playing the pro and premium versions. I have pretty much decided that I'm going to buy one or the other. Jack stated in the video (while playing at CES) he was a "Pro Boy", I think he likes the way it playes better than the premium/LE. When I watched Borg playing it with Dwight at Stern it seemed Jack was liking it better. What's the consensus of those on this thread who wants to reply. Thanks

#347 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

So I've watched Jack Danger playing the pro and premium versions. I have pretty much decided that I'm going to buy one or the other. Jack stated in the video (while playing at CES) he was a "Pro Boy", I think he likes the way it playes better than the premium/LE. When I watched Borg playing it with Dwight at Stern it seemed Jack was liking it better. What's the consensus of those on this thread who wants to reply. Thanks

I have played both and liked both.

I don’t have a problem with the stop and go of the lower playfield on the Premium, but think the lower pf may get monotonous. My other concern is that flow will be interrupted if the pf window isn’t perfectly adjusted/level. I like that the lower pf use can be disabled ( ostly because I prefer the art and probably would not want the lower pf active all the time.

The Pro was super fast. As recent Pros go, this is one of the better ones IMO. If you like flow, not sure the extra $1600 for the lower playfield is worth it.

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thats what i took away from the stream as well but i didn't need him to tell me the pro plays better because i could see it with my own eyes. Im not a fan of lower playfields at all.

#349 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Great looking line-up !! Congrats on receiving Munsters.

Thank you! I hope you and all the others waiting get your games soon!

#350 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats what i took away from the stream as well but i didn't need him to tell me the pro plays better because i could see it with my own eyes. Im not a fan of lower playfields at all.

Agree - but this was the one time I was tempted to consider a game with a lower playfield. It looks to be the best pin lower playfield so far.

The Black and White on the Premium is different. I am betting in person it looks good. Probably doesn't translate fully in photos.

All three models are nice, but I'm usually a Pro guy. I think any choice of the three models is a good one depending on what your personal preference is. Each model has enough differences. Makes sense. Choices for everybody.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 210.00
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/7?hl=mpnox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.