IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 237.
#3901 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I don't see how it screws the B&W premium owners. To me it just makes the "original" premium more unique. LE owners...yes, I think they are affected.

Why? LEs and Prems always have the same playfields. The difference is still the mirrored backglass, different cabinet art, designer's signature, invisiglass, upgraded speakers, art blades, & powder coat. I'd be more upset if I had purchased a B&W version without knowing this was coming.

#3902 4 years ago

I agree though it’s not fair to LE purchasers to do this after release. The same email I got says that a Catwoman Special Edition of Batman 66 is coming to also.

#3903 4 years ago

As an LE buyer I have to say I am not too happy about this... Not to mention they increased the LE's from #500 to #600 after the fact. I jumped sight unseen as this was the only color option.......... Will affect the way I purchase NIB LE's from here on out for sure. Debating on canceling my BKSOR LE now too...

Seriously thinking of dumping my Munsters LE now.

#3904 4 years ago

Rather then making more models they first should address the in house issues and get Dwight to enhance the code.

TBH I still like the BW Premium over the color Prem, it's natural to what the show really was.

#3905 4 years ago

I just got a black and white premium 2 weeks ago. I would've held off for this if they would've announced this from the beginning. Wish they would've just put all the options out there before people make a purchase like this.

#3906 4 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

I just got a black and white premium 2 weeks ago. I would've
held off for this if they would've announced this from the
beginning. Wish they would've just put all the options out
there
before people make a purchase like this.

Ugggg...... Agree, It's not like these are a few hundred dollars. With tax and delivery on an LE it approaches $10k... Need to know all the options.......

#3907 4 years ago

I made a joke to someone IRL at release by saying "what if...the black and white IS the limited edition???" Turns out I may have been right

Srsly though, I wanted the black and white from day one. Especially after seeing that b&w TZ.

I don't know that a color premium of Munsters is any more significant than the difference between the P vs. LE of Deadpool, Iron Maiden, BKSoR, etc. Just my opinion though.

#3908 4 years ago

An extremely chickenshit move on sterns part . Leaves a bad taste in everyone’s mouth

#3909 4 years ago

Pinside sure had become a bunch of whiners. Like you could not see a color premium coming? Really

#3910 4 years ago

I hope that B/W Premiums will still be an option NIB. I don’t want a color Premium.

#3911 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hope that B/W Premiums will still be an option NIB. I don’t
want a color Premium.

Regardless of what's an option... The Pinside will complain.

B&W Prem is the way to go, btw. I'm not knocking the LE either.

#3912 4 years ago

It was disingenuous at best . The title is so new that this had
to be the plan from the git go - which means they withheld
information that affected buyers decisions .
It doesn’t sour me on Munsters but it sours me on stern . Buy
another NIB stern on release ? No , I’ll let their sales languish
for 6 months to a year so I can see all
My options before I hand over that much cash .

#3913 4 years ago

I wonder if Stern regrets putting the b/w art on the First Premium instead of the LE (where it was originally going to be).

Maybe Stern thinks they need color to goose sales. This may help some, but I suspect sales have been impacted by the code more than anything else.

Anyone going to buy a color Premium and put it next to an original one?

#3914 4 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

An extremely chickenshit move on sterns part . Leaves a bad
taste in everyone’s mouth

You dont speak for everyone. I see no problem with this. If Stern pulled a JJP and released another version of the LE then that would be a bit shady. Releasing another premium version is not a big deal.

#3915 4 years ago

The question is: Will the color Premium be the same price as the B&W?

I am guessing all the LEs have been built and are out in the wild. This will help spread the costs of that LE color play field.

#3916 4 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

$$$$$$$ or to try and resurrect slow sales... Pun intended on
that one too... LOL

If they would do something with code I would upgrade from my Pro to a color Prem but no way I would until I see it, the proof is in the pudding as they say.

#3917 4 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

It was disingenuous at best . The title is so new that this had
to be the plan from the git go - which means they withheld
information that affected buyers decisions .
It doesn’t sour me on Munsters but it sours me on stern . Buy
another NIB stern on release ? No , I’ll let their sales
languish
for 6 months to a year so I can see all
My options before I hand over that much cash .

IMO LE's are silly to begin with, literally all you are paying for over a prem is a few cosmetics/glass and a plaque that say it is limited.

#3918 4 years ago

Colour AINT gunna sell a game that clearly isnt
moving.....DUE........TO.......( ya ready Dwight, George and Co
)....CODE.

In sales, ya have 2 ears and one mouth.for a reason. LISTEN to what potential customers are saying.

End of story.

#3919 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

No it’s true. I’m a Stern Insider and they just sent that exact
color premium announcement to me.

Lol. Insider program.

I heard this news on Monday in Australia when checking out the BW Premium but respectfully said nothing.

#3920 4 years ago

This doesn’t bother me at all. It just gives premium owners that didnt want to or couldn’t afford to buy an LE a chance to pick their favorite art package. I wouldn’t be upset if i was an LE owner or a black and white premium owner either one.

#3921 4 years ago

As an LE owner, I just wish they had offered the b&w playfield/package from the get go. I understand an LE has upgrades, but if a premium purchaser gets a choice between playfields, a top dollar game buyer should also get that choice. It makes me wonder if there will eventually just be a checkbox model, where I want “this, this, and this” and I get to choose my particular upgrades for a given dollar amount. I’d be ok with that idea.

#3922 4 years ago

All versions of the game are gorgeous. Wasn’t so long ago we’d all be drooling over any one of them. Now we’re spoilt for choice.

Nothing new in Stern offering multiple art packages for a premium. Was pretty obvious they were going to do it on this one.

Feel a little bit for LE buyers who only bought LE because of the colour or B&W buyers who recently bought because they thought it was the only other option.

Personally I prefer the whole LE package, and that’s why I bought it.

#3923 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You dont speak for everyone. I see no problem with this. If
Stern pulled a JJP and released another version of the LE then that
would be a bit shady. Releasing another premium version is not a
big deal.

You’re right , I’m speaking for myself not everyone . But why didn’t I ( and other LE buyers ) have the option of buying the same f’ing game for $2000 less ? Yes the LE has some upgrades but maybe some LE owners would’ve chosen to forego those extras to keep 2k in their pockets . The release of this version so soon after the release of the game makes me think it was a planned sales tactic from the start and it’s that perceived deception I’m pissed about .

#3924 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Seen that AUD tanking lately?
And they're calling low 60s on it... That will add a grand++

I just checked the exchange rate. 0.69. That is just shit for all us pinheads in Australia.

#3925 4 years ago

Finishing work and wondered why all the hits on the thread.....yikes....

Just my opinion - I got the game and model I wanted. Mirrored backglass, anti reflection PF glass, shaker, custom armor, etc. and the artwork is what appealed to me, and justified the extra $$$. I like the colored pf. If they had split the LE's up into (300x)color, (300x) B&W, I still would have done color.

Think the B&W premium looks amazing as well. Guess the only legit gripe (just my opinion) would have been both B&W, along w color available to start with on the premiums. Premium guys that may have wanted color (but not pay extra or see value in the LE) didn't have the option prior.

If the LE's are locked in to 600 units (which I think Stern does a way better job of than JJP, btw.), then probably won't see a B&W version of that.

Take away - Hoping the vast, vast majority of premium buyers love the B&W (it is beautiful). Choice is a good thing. Their timing of this version however?...maybe not so much.

One thing is certain - The game is much more popular than some of these threads would lead to believe (imagine). Premiums in color will sell. They are listening to the distro's.....counting on them listening on the code front as well. Machine plays great as is, but more is never a bad thing in this case....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3926 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

IMO LE's are silly to begin with, literally all you are paying
for over a prem is a few cosmetics/glass and a plaque that say it
is limited.

Meh....the extras come in around $1k if you were to buy separately (if you could even get the backglass, blades, etc.), and you'd have to re-decal the cab. They're all too expensive, so I'd rather at least have the one that appeals to me the best.

#3927 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Meh....the extras come in around $1k if you were to buy separately (if you could even get the backglass, blades, etc.), and you'd have to re-decal the cab. They're all too expensive, so I'd rather at least have the one that appeals to me the best.

Yup!! will keep my LE. I love it.... but it hates me..... lol

#3928 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Rather then making more models they first should address the in
house issues and get Dwight to enhance the code.
TBH I still like the BW Premium over the color Prem, it's
natural to what the show really was.

Thinking the same thing...........YOUR WISH has now come true!

Please see link below, and keep to positive improvements. For my fellow Pinsiders that have posted suggestions already, I humbly ask you to repost those suggestions here so they are CONSOLIDATED for Stern. Thank you in advance.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-code-suggestions-for-dwight#post-4994045

#3929 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You dont speak for everyone. I see no problem with this. If
Stern pulled a JJP and released another version of the LE then that
would be a bit shady. Releasing another premium version is not a
big deal.

Stern just did, they call it a color Premium (close enough)!

#3930 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

All versions of the game are gorgeous. Wasn’t so long ago we’d
all be drooling over any one of them. Now we’re spoilt for
choice.
Nothing new in Stern offering multiple art packages for a
premium. Was pretty obvious they were going to do it on this
one.
Feel a little bit for LE buyers who only bought LE because of
the colour or B&W buyers who recently bought because they
thought it was the only other option.
Personally I prefer the whole LE package, and that’s why I
bought it.

You basically just said the same thing you down voted me for.

#3931 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

You basically just said the same thing you down voted me for.

I was just disagreeing that it affects LE owners.

Quoted from gac:

LE owners... yes, I think they are affected.

Doesn’t affect me at all as I prefer the LE package overall.

Was just saying it affects both LE and B&W Pre owners only if they made decisions based on the assumption no other Premium would be made.

#3932 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thinking the same thing...........YOUR WISH has now come true!
Please see link below, and keep to positive improvements. For my fellow Pinsiders that have posted suggestions already, I humbly ask you to repost those suggestions here so they are CONSOLIDATED for Stern. Thank you in advance.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-code-suggestions-for-dwight#post-4994045

Posted, come on folks let your voices and suggestion be heard.

#3933 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Yup!! will keep my LE. I love it.... but it hates me..... lol

It loves you...Just in a different way...

#3934 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It loves you...Just in a different way...

Yeah like in a kick in the balls kind of way!

#3935 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the knocker motor and shaker motor? There is this horrible noise at the end of all my games on Deadpool and Munsters which I finally read a post apparently is the knocker Volume. I turned it off and now I don’t hear that noise anymore hooray. However I thought the knocker was the shaker. Can you tell I’m new to pinball LOL ?

#3936 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I thought the knocker was the shaker

Shaker motor does exactly what it is labeled, it shakes the shit out of the machine while playing it when coding calls for the shake to occur. Knockers where used when games over to alert the player that they have matched for a free game.

#3937 4 years ago

Thanks DH

#3938 4 years ago

So I don’t sound like a complete idiot, I know what the shaker is and does, just never saw anything about a knocker and not much info available on it.

#3939 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

never saw anything about a knocker and not much info available on it.

Back in the B/W days knockers were mounted in the back box behind the trans-lite. Basically it's a coil with a plunger that knocked against the wood one time loudly to alert the player. Since then Stern has decided to make them digitally and come out the speakers and God they sound awful hence why so many just turn the knocker off.

#3940 4 years ago

Getting an "overcurrent protection warning" on node board 9 for the white GI at the top of the upper playfield.

All 11 of the bulbs are stock and work on power-up. They will all go out together after about 5-6 games. If I go into the tech menu and run the overcurrent test on node board 9 the GI resets and all the bulbs come back on.

Not sure how to diagnose what is going on

#3941 4 years ago

The only thing this news has caused me to realize is that I'm going to sell my Munsters LE.....to immediately buy another Munsters (*love* the artwork on the premium). Absolutely love this game.

#3942 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Getting an "overcurrent protection warning" on node board 9 for the white GI at the top of the upper playfield.
All 11 of the bulbs are stock and work on power-up. They will all go out together after about 5-6 games. If I go into the tech menu and run the overcurrent test on node board 9 the GI resets and all the bulbs come back on.
Not sure how to diagnose what is going on

I’ve had repeated overcurrent warnings on node board 8. Even if I take the mods off. Tests show normal so I just play it. Doesn’t always show either so it’s weird. Don’t really know what else to do.

#3943 4 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

The only thing this news has caused me to realize is that I'm going to sell my Munsters LE.....to immediately buy another Munsters (*love* the artwork on the premium). Absolutely love this game.

I betcha LE resale will be affected downward price wise since now you can get a color premium.

#3944 4 years ago

I honestly don't care what they do unless its a LE release. I bought an LE, money is spent, game is being thoroughly enjoyed. Its all that matters to me.

I don't buy NIB games for home as investments, as you loose right away. If that is your concern, you should probably re-evaluate your investment strategies.

#3945 4 years ago

Munster Madness: I keep reading that both play fields are active during MM. It is not this way on my LE. The lower flippers work but they are always active. But I see no lights and no balls on the mini-play field during MM.

Thoughts?

#3946 4 years ago

Take the Color Premium and use the color cabinet with the B/W play field.

#3947 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I betcha LE resale will be affected downward price wise since now you can get a color premium.

I betcha cannot prove it either way.

#3948 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Munster Madness: I keep reading that both play fields are active during MM. It is not this way on my LE. The lower flippers work but they are always active. But I see no lights and no balls on the mini-play field during MM.
Thoughts?

That is weird. Does your lower playfield ever work? Im assuming that it obviously does right?

#3949 4 years ago

Was waiting for the color version to come out from day 1. Almost anyone that thought about it, knew Stern would release a premium color version too. After all, the color version artwork had already been completed. To my understanding, color was done first, then Chris tuned it for B&W.

While the B&W looks good, my biggest issue has been the lighting reflection eye strain of the large white background reflecting from the table lighting. Seen numerous people comment on this being an issue. The color version mostly absorbs this effect with no eye strain.

IMO, big benefit and like premium artwork even better now. Just please add show clips and modes to the code.

#3950 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Was waiting for the color version to come out from day 1. Almost anyone that thought about it, knew Stern would release a premium color version too. After all, the color version artwork had already been completed. To my understanding, color was done first, then Chris tuned it for B&W.
While the B&W looks good, my biggest issue has been the lighting reflection eye strain of the large white background reflecting from the table lighting. Seen numerous people comment on this being an issue. The color version mostly absorbs this effect with no eye strain.

Im getting blind as a bat in my old age and i have no problem with anything like that at all. You get glare off of the back box light but you can turn that down to 10% during gameplay and the glare goes away. There is no glare other than that and the black and white just looks f'ing killer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/79?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.