IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 237.
#3851 4 years ago

Removed my lower playfield glass today and used it as a template to make a mylar protector. It installed nicely over the glass using some distilled water and Johnsons baby shampoo mixed in a spray bottle. The solution allows the film to slip and move so that you can get it in perfect alignment/position, then squeegee out the solution to stick it in place. Let it dry for a couple hours and reinstalled it. Should make a big difference as the material I used is 'self healing', so it should last a long time. It's crystal clear with no hazing, well worth the time I spent doing it. I played the game several times after install and it didn't change a thing, all good.

I also made a rubber bumper similar to what Who-Dey did to his game for Grandpa’s scoop. It works great, no more ball smashing against the steel backing plate, nice and quite, no clunking. Ball ejects just fine. Loving the game!

20190512_145157 (resized).jpg20190512_145157 (resized).jpg20190512_145213_resized (resized).jpg20190512_145213_resized (resized).jpg20190512_162039_resized (resized).jpg20190512_162039_resized (resized).jpg
#3852 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Removed my lower playfield glass today and used it as a template to make a mylar protector. It installed nicely over the glass using some distilled water and Johnsons baby shampoo mixed in a spray bottle. The solution allows the film to slip and move so that you can get it in perfect alignment/position, then squeegee out the solution to stick it in place. Let it dry for a couple hours and reinstalled it. Should make a big difference as the material I used is 'self healing', so it should last a long time. It's crystal clear with no hazing, well worth the time I spent doing it. I played the game several times after install and it didn't change a thing, all good.
I also made a rubber bumper similar to what Who-Dey did to his game for Grandpa’s scoop. It works great, no more ball smashing against the steel backing plate, nice and quite, no clunking. Ball ejects just fine. Loving the game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Mister i had a patent on that scoop idea. You will be hearing from my lawyer soon!

Nice work on that glass btw!

#3853 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey Mister i had a patent on that scoop idea. You will be hearing from my lawyer soon!
Nice work on that glass btw!

Can you all take some more picks of the foam rubber installed?

How high up do you install?

1956PINHEAD Also is that cut out in the middle or is that just glare?

Thx!!

PS - I just bought a spare lower plastic playfield cover from pinballlife. Mylar is great idea - need to do that day one.

#3854 4 years ago

Anyone concerned about this wire guide getting beat up and bending into the circuit board behind it (shorting out?)
(So yellow arrows in picture).

Bumper sends ball into it a bunch.

Thoughts???

B85C11E9-9D3B-415B-8A2E-D0EFDE64E435 (resized).jpegB85C11E9-9D3B-415B-8A2E-D0EFDE64E435 (resized).jpeg
#3855 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Anyone concerned about this wire guide getting beat up and bending into the circuit board behind it (shorting out?)
(So yellow arrows in picture).
Bumper sends ball into it a bunch.
Thoughts???
[quoted image]

If it could turn into an issue you could take a strip of duct tape ( I like Gorilla tape) and place the tape around the guide legs and across the top of the guide on the far side of the pop.

#3856 4 years ago

Question for owners.
Can you adjust the settings so you need more hits to start Herman , Spot, Raven etc.

For example can you make it (say) 6, 5 etc shots to Herman before he holds the ball.
Same for other areas.....

#3857 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Question for owners.
Can you adjust the settings so you need more hits to start Herman , Spot, Raven etc.
For example can you make it (say) 6, 5 etc shots to Herman before he holds the ball.

Go to sternpinball.com and click on Munsters. Scroll all the way down. Look for a .pdf file called Installs and adjustments.

You can do 11 things to increase the difficulty level. Example: Instead of one ramp triggering an action you can set up that both ramps-a combo- are needed to trigger an action.

#3858 4 years ago

Here is another photo of the rubber insert for Grandpa’s scoop. It has a horse shoe shaped cutout in it so that the ball will nest down into the pocket at the base of the scoop. Basically just insuring that it doesn't change how the ball sits down at the bottom and to provide clearance. Rubber is 1/8" thick, but I'm sure 1/16" or 3/32" would be fine.

20190512_162010_resized (resized).jpg20190512_162010_resized (resized).jpg
#3859 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Question for owners.

Yes, you can change how many hits/shots to start them, just not sure of the number of shots because I've not changed the factory settings for that, but I have seen it as an option.

#3860 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Question for owners.

You can make it three shots for Herman. Not sure about the others.

#3861 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You can make it three shots for Herman. Not sure about the others.

Here are the PDFs from Stern's website.

There are 11 adjustments you can make to adjust the easy/difficulty settings. I see that I can pretty much turn off the muitl-ball savers which I consider a big plus.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/The-Munsters-Installs-and-Adjustments.pdf

Here are the rule sheets. Notice that in both PDFs that there are some rules and adjustments for the Pro and there other adjustments for the Premium and LE.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Munsters-Rule-Sheet.pdf

#3862 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Premium now in the house. Put a couple games on it today, it plays smoother than the pro version.

Confused, why would it be smoother than the pro? Everything is identical but the lower PF

#3863 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Confused, why would it be smoother than the pro? Everything is identical but the lower PF

I know, one would think it's the same machine for the most part with the exception of the lower playfield. The plunger for one appears to be of higher quality, action is smoother. The standup targets react differently as well, rebound is smoother, vibration coming from the mechanisms through the playfield appear to be dampened somewhat as well. Overall the premium just feels and plays better, not as Raw is how I can describe it if that makes sense. The cabinet is also built from what looks like better materials which may also have some different affect in acoustics? Even though the playfield is essentially floating within the cabinet, the combination of these things is what I noticed.

All I can say is I did notice a difference, an improvement from my perspective. Now then, will that translate into a better score, NOT, though I wish it would

#3864 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

It’s also possible that since the pro was the first model made, that Stern made some refinements along the way, so by the time they go to the premium everything was set up the best possible way?

#3865 4 years ago

Just saw the latest 'Top 100', can't believe Munsters went from 8th to 50.... Doesn't really matter, love my LE, family enjoys it, thats the bottom line....just surprises me.

#3866 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Just saw the latest 'Top 100', can't believe Munsters went from 8th to 50.... Doesn't really matter, love my LE, family enjoys it, thats the bottom line....just surprises me.

It will probably even fall well below 50. That doesn't matter though, what matters is if YOU like it or not. Pinside ratings are very biased and unfair anyways so i wouldn't put too much into them.

#3867 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Takes awhile for the dust to settle...New games always start high, drop, then find their spot after being out for a few years.Many threads on it...If you enjoy the game that's all that really matters anyway

#3868 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

where is this list...? never mind....found it

#3869 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It will probably even fall well below 50. That doesn't matter though, what matters is if YOU like it or not. Pinside ratings are very buased and unfair anyways so i wouldn't put too much into them.

Yep in the end all that matters is if you like it or not.

But at this point in time there are currently 220 ratings on Munsters as a group "Pro, Prem, LE" so It is hard to say that people are just being unfair to the machine. I know you are a staunch supporter of the game in it's current state but from the ratings I think a lot of people "including me" feel that the code on Munsters needs a bunch of work to make it a real gem.

I knew going in that I generally don't care for Dwight code but Munsters is one of those themes that I bought anyway based solely on the theme, game designer and artwork with hopes that Dwight would deliver something that I enjoyed. I just find it a rinse and repeat code that I play a game on here and there but can't say I think to myself "hey I want to go play Munsters". I am still holding onto it with hopes code changes despite Dwight saying it was done basically on release, I hope that someone at Stern will make it happen. Maybe we will luck out and Lyman will step in from the shadows and knock it out of the park.

I can with 100% certainty say this will be the last Dwight coded machine I ever buy before it is proven to be a well coded game, no matter what the theme is.

#3870 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Yep in the end all that matters is if you like it or not.
But at this point in time there are currently 220 ratings on Munsters as a group "Pro, Prem, LE" so It is hard to say that people are just being unfair to the machine. I know you are a staunch supporter of the game in it's current state but from the ratings I think a lot of people "including me" feel that the code on Munsters needs a bunch of work to make it a real gem.
I knew going in that I generally don't care for Dwight code but Munsters is one of those themes that I bought anyway based solely on the theme, game designer and artwork with hopes that Dwight would deliver something that I enjoyed. I just find it a rinse and repeat code that I play a game on here and there but can't say I think to myself "hey I want to go play Munsters". I am still holding onto it with hopes code changes despite Dwight saying it was done basically on release, I hope that someone at Stern will make it happen. Maybe we will luck out and Lyman will step in from the shadows and knock it out of the park.
I can with 100% certainty say this will be the last Dwight coded machine I ever buy before it is proven to be a well coded game, no matter what the theme is.

Yeah but out of all of those ratings how many of them do you think come from actual owners? How many of those ratings came from people that flipped it for 2 or 3 games at a barcade not having a clue about the code and being a 30 year old guy that doesnt like the theme and said ...meh this sucks? How many people rated this game low just because they are a f'ing Dick and wanted to give it a bad rating on purpose? Some games are rated very inaccurately trust me.

#3871 4 years ago

This is why Top 100 makes no sense.

See picture, then go flag these knuckleheads!

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/munsters-premium-le/ratings

ADB72890-3383-4A8A-BA3B-2A86D6E38285 (resized).pngADB72890-3383-4A8A-BA3B-2A86D6E38285 (resized).png

#3872 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah but out of all of those ratings how many of them do you think come from actual owners? How many of those ratings came from people that flipped it for 2 or 3 games at a barcade not having a clue about the code and being a 30 year old guy that doesn't like the theme and said ...meh this sucks? How many people rated this game low just because they are a f'ing Dick and wanted to give it a bad rating on purpose? Some games are rated very inaccurately trust me.

So why would Munsters be rated any differently than any other game on the list? No reason for anyone to hate it more than any other game out there, you don't see many new games released that drop that quickly unless it is somewhat warranted. I have had mine for over 100 days now and waited quite a while before I rated it, I ended up at a 7.67 I think on my rating.

#3873 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

So why would Munsters be rated any differently than any other game on the list? No reason for anyone to hate it more than any other game out there, you don't see many new games released that drop that quickly unless it is somewhat warranted. I have had mine for over 100 days now and waited quite a while before I rated it, I ended up at a 7.67 I think on my rating.

People jump on the bandwagon, without even making their own decisions. Fact of life.

#3874 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Well it has its own hate thread that is fueled by 3 or 4 guys but there are other games that people dont like that do get rated the same way. Also these ratings are screwed up. I rated a few games and when it all came out i had games that were rated higher than games that they shouldn't have been rated higher than and i still do. Il

Let's take Munsters pro and TWD pro for example. We all know that TWD is a better game but the ratings munsters gets on its artwork, sound, and animations etc is probably going to put it higher than TWD. That's why i dont like the rating system because it doesnt reflect on how good the gameplay is. You are instead rating the entire package and you may end up having a mediocre game come out ahead of a killer game like TWD.

#3875 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

This is why Top 100 makes no sense.
See picture, then go flag these knuckleheads!
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/munsters-premium-le/ratings
[quoted image]

This is actually easy fixed. Just make the min ratings required to make the game eligible to be on the top 100 list is 200 or 300 ratings at a minimum. This will stop all the guys that have never played the game putting bogus ratings in.

#3876 4 years ago

Had a few pin players over the house tonight and of course we fired up the Munster's Premium. Now I'm not going to reveal their Pinside identities so the mobs with torches and pitch forks don't storm their castle, but they played quite a few games during the past few hours ( 20+) and really was surprised how much they enjoyed the game. They found that there was a draw to keep hitting the start button and coming back for more, one even stated they have no idea why something that plays this well gets a bad wrap on here even though it has a simple rule concept to follow they found it very challenging to progress to those big payouts. The others actually agreed with his remarks and impressions and they had nice things to say as well.

Now we were all in compliance that Dwight has to get off his lazy ass chair and add some more to it, especially that there is so much more video available from 70+ shows that they can add clips from just like they did with BM66. Three out of the four of them said they would even purchase one if Stern did do a revisit to the code to add some more vids and features. I can tell you one thing for sure, all 5 of us were laughing and enjoying it for what's already there. Now Dwight has to step up to the plate and drive it home.....

BTW 5 good pin players, 2 made into Munster Madness but none were able to get more then 5 Super Jackpots stacked with PF multipliers going at 6X to really drive home a big payoff. Lot's of fun and laughs in which they are already looking to come back for more.

There were no "I played two balls and walked away, snooze fest" mentality. They played, enjoyed, laughed and had fun, they'll be back again. Funny thing is when you actually look into something that's setup properly in a home environment and you take the time to understand and disregard any opinions but your own you might actually find yourself enjoying it.

And yes they liked the Mini Playfield too, in which a few weren't sure about before playing it. One of the boys did play a pro previously on the older code and he stated that there was no comparison the mini does indeed add a lot to the experience and he enjoyed it in which he though he wouldn't have.

Ok Dwight, if your reading this...... let's get it done or get some help to do so.

#3877 4 years ago

DeathHimself

I played Premium in Sydney distributor yesterday, then did a polite , short and mostly positive mini write up at Aussie Arcade as well.

Beautiful game and surprisingly good to play, busier gameplay than what I imagined and basically I had EXACTLY the same thoughts as your guests in regards to gameplay AND the fact DS needs to add some code and polish. I also wanted to play more games but had to be respectful in distributors office.

I got some good balls and then realised I hadn't even tried to shoot for Dragula shot, Kitty shot or Spot as I was locked in on going for Herman, Eddie Loops, Raven and Grandpa's Lab..... so that showed me there's a bit to it.

Funny , because I figure there's a shitload of sales awaiting better code and you stated 3 out of 4 guests would buy with more depth in the game, backing up my thoughts even further.

I also emailed DS and GG today politely nudging them to think, revisit this and they WILL see sales climb dramatically IMO. I also hope DS and other "Sternies" see these posts or at least get pointed to them.

#3878 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It will probably even fall well below 50. That doesn't matter though, what matters is if YOU like it or not. Pinside ratings are very biased and unfair anyways so i wouldn't put too much into them.

Totally agree with Pinside rating system. It is more a bashing system than a rating system. Most all people give high ratings to the games they own and low ratings to the games they don’t or want to bring down, so their game will be on top. Only games far removed 20 or 30 years) from current day games, get the love ratings wise. It’s an almost worthless rating system, even though Pinside has tried to make it relevant, it just isn’t. In its current form, don’t pay any attention to it. Only the Club forums have some relevance, imo.

#3879 4 years ago

Munsters is a good game and its a GREAT game for people who love the theme. Yes more code would be nice obviously and i think it would maybe pull some people in who arent huge munsters fans because the playfield layout is pretty sweet.

#3880 4 years ago

Played two games tonight, got to Munster Madness on the second game. My 1st M/Madness experience on the new game and what a blast that was. Totally blows away the Pro in terms of managing both playfields. Can't wait to experience M/Madness again, hopefully very soon!

20190513_195726 (resized).jpg20190513_195726 (resized).jpg20190513_195856 (resized).jpg20190513_195856 (resized).jpg
#3881 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Played two games tonight, got to Munster Madness on the second game. My 1st M/Madness experience on the new game and what a blast that was. Totally blows away the Pro in terms of managing both playfields. Can't wait to experience M/Madness again, hopefully very soon!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Get your multipliers cranked up before you start MM Pinhead and watch your score skyrocket.

#3882 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:DeathHimself
I played Premium in Sydney distributor yesterday, then did a polite , short and mostly positive mini write up at Aussie Arcade as well.
Beautiful game and surprisingly good to play, busier gameplay than what I imagined and basically I had EXACTLY the same thoughts as your guests in regards to gameplay AND the fact DS needs to add some code and polish. I also wanted to play more games but had to be respectful in distributors office.
I got some good balls and then realised I hadn't even tried to shoot for Dragula shot, Kitty shot or Spot as I was locked in on going for Herman, Eddie Loops, Raven and Grandpa's Lab..... so that showed me there's a bit to it.
Funny , because I figure there's a shitload of sales awaiting better code and you stated 3 out of 4 guests would buy with more depth in the game, backing up my thoughts even further.
I also emailed DS and GG today politely nudging them to think, revisit this and they WILL see sales climb dramatically IMO. I also hope DS and other "Sternies" see these posts or at least get pointed to them.

Did you buy one?

I can see what people are saying about the code, they want more wizard modes etc etc. I would love to see all these people that would buy the game if their was more code. I would like to see them finish the game (a few times) and then I would understand why they want more code.

For us the game is awesome, we love it.

#3883 4 years ago

Not yet.

It's still doing the rounds in my head all day, to buy , not to buy, to buy, not to buy.....must ....do....some....work.... to buy, not to buy

#3884 4 years ago

You got 3 really great games Wotto. Munsters would honestly fit in well i think with those three. Im definitely not trying to talk you into buying one but thats my thoughts. Only you really know truthfully. I do love all three games that you have though.

#3885 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Not yet.
It's still doing the rounds in my head all day, to buy , not to buy, to buy, not to buy.....must ....do....some....work.... to buy, not to buy

Ha ha… That is funny. You sound like us.. not yet!

Good thing about a premium is you have time and will be able to get one for a while yet. Take your time, games are expensive in Australia.

#3886 4 years ago

Seen that AUD tanking lately?
And they're calling low 60s on it... That will add a grand++

#3887 4 years ago

Anybody know anyone looking for a Pro or selling a Premium on the east coast? I have a Pro want to upgrade to a Premium. Thanks

#3888 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Anybody know anyone looking for a Pro or selling a Premium on
the east coast? I have a Pro want to upgrade to a Premium.
Thanks

That's the right move. I made the swap and so glad I did. Good luck, hope u get one soon!

#3889 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Anybody know anyone looking for a Pro or selling a Premium on
the east coast? I have a Pro want to upgrade to a Premium.
Thanks

how much for the pro?

#3890 4 years ago
#3891 4 years ago

A colored premium? Why?

#3892 4 years ago

Gotta say disappointed to see this as I bought an LE thinking it
would be the only color version with the lower PF. Not sure Stern
is going in the right direction doing this.........
Stern-Munsters-Premium-Color-Edition.jpgStern-Munsters-Premium-Color-Edition.jpg

#3893 4 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

A colored premium? Why?

$$$$$$$ or to try and resurrect slow sales... Pun intended on that one too... LOL

#3894 4 years ago

I figured a colored premium would eventually be offered, but not this soon.

#3895 4 years ago

Where did you see that flyer? Looks fake.

#3896 4 years ago

What is the difference between color premium and LE? Just cabinet artwork and translite? Wow... if I had (paid for) an LE I would not be very happy.

#3897 4 years ago

Wow if this is true it screws some premium and LE buyers.

#3898 4 years ago

color premium is interesting - BW artwork is nice, but the color is where it's at
Franchi did such a nice job on the drawing and coloring of this pin

#3899 4 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Wow if this is true it screws some premium and LE buyers.

I don't see how it screws the B&W premium owners. To me it just makes the "original" premium more unique. LE owners... yes, I think they are affected.

#3900 4 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Where did you see that flyer? Looks fake.

No it’s true. I’m a Stern Insider and they just sent that exact color premium announcement to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/78?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.