Production screw ups: New hire on the line. Has to be.
I had my play field lifted to do something underneath.
This is what I found. It is minor. But I changed what I saw.
This wire was not routed in the best manner possible. Since I don't know what "correct" per Stern specs I won't say "incorrectly.
The wire was pulled forward and stretched tight around the flat looking "post" at my index finger. There was absolutely no slack.
I disconnected and rerouted the stretched wire.
Now, with some slack, I went ahead and used a tie wrap to keep the newly loosened wire from flopping around. I don't think anyone needs to go chasing this but when ever you open up your pin and remember this you might want to reroute that wire if it is routed like mine was.
To those of you who think everything comes off the line in blueprint-perfect condition, you need to think again.