IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 237.
#3751 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds like the game is working correctly until the hurry up starts. In the past I thought it just let you collect the hurry up, but didn’t hold the magnet.
I assume this was the second time you got to the hurry up before playing Munster Madness?

Mine holds the ball also and then releases it so i think its working correctly

#3752 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Haha, yes, Munster theme is a big plus, and something more people seem able to relate to and/or enjoy. B day coming up, have asked for the complete DVD collection of the tv show (Walmart, $25 or so)....thought that would be fun to have and a nice compliment to the game!

Yes it is a nice compliment to the game for sure. Most of us kids here went out and bought the DVD collection.

#3753 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I’d say if people are getting sdtm on that hurry up it would be better for the game to pulse in that moment instead of a hold and drop. The magnet is off center so not sure how it can drop sdtm, but maybe it can.

#3754 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well I’d say if people are getting sdtm on that hurry up it would be better for the game to pulse in that moment instead of a hold and drop. The magnet is off center so not sure how it can drop sdtm, but maybe it can.

Mine isnt doing that or i would be complaining too. I will play it tonight and pay more attention and see what happens.

#3755 4 years ago

I like this machine a lot, just don't get the whole zap button cancel jackpots thing.
Anybody else think this machine would of been better without it?
For me, just not a ruleset I enjoy - would rather just have straight scoring.
Anybody that just walks up to this machine, will never figure it out.

#3756 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

No way. It’s the best feature of the game imo.

When I first walked up to it I don’t get it either. But I took the time to learn. It took less than ten plays to figure it out. If the player wants to learn, they will.

This is one of the easier games to pick up in recent memory. That’s a good thing.

Black Knight is that way too.

#3757 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I like this machine a lot, just don't get the whole zap button cancel jackpots thing.
For me, just not a ruleset I enjoy - would rather just have straight scoring.
Anybody that just walks up to this machine, will never figure it out.

I think with the cancellation of the super jackpots you now have the difference where the casual player vs the experience player take advantage of the coding. This game has a great draw for the common player show lover to have fun, then when you look into depth of the game for the better players you can take advantage of the cancel to stack your jackpots up to 12 I believe, the setup your multiplayers to 6 then cash in. Not easy at all to do but pays off awesome when you do, every risk has its rewards.

#3758 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

better players you can take advantage of the cancel to stack your jackpots up to 12 I believe..

10 Total Jackpots for PREM/LE then 9 for the PRO

The former has the Grandpa Jackpot for hitting all the shots during Grandpa Multiball, then the Enlarging Ray mode can be awarded from the Mystery which has a Super Jackpot that can be earned.

I am waiting for a perfect lower playfield setup in which I earn Grandpa, Mystery, Zap, and Enlarging Ray Super Jackpots in one go down in the basement.

I have been close once. Just failed to complete Enlarging Ray and earn the Super Jackpot. Still would have to get the others tho with all that pressure. Cashing out 10 Jackpots should award a wizard mode or something.

#3759 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

Cashing out 10 Jackpots should award a Wizard mode IMO.

That's a pretty cool idea!

#3760 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I assume this was the second time you got to the hurry up before playing Munster Madness?

Yes.

#3761 4 years ago

Hopefully it’s not another walking dead situation where the magnet gets to the point that it alway drops it straight down the middle.

But for now, it sound like your game is working as intended.

#3762 4 years ago

ok, so I am playing around, getting to know the machine....go into service menu/tech alerts, and I get
"Technician Alert- (1/1)
check switch D-14
U.R. flipper button
Press 'select' for switch test"

Flippers working fine, I lowered power from 'hard' to 'normal' last night... is that what it's trying to tell me, that power has been adjusted, or is it something else?

#3763 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah. Please keep an eye on yours. I don't mind the ball being held during the Hurry Up. But for it to just let the ball drop SDTM is not acceptable.

Actually, it is behaving exactly the same when you are going for the Herman Multi-ball. If you fail to knock the ball off the magnet for Herman multi-ball, the magnet will timeout and drop the ball. But you don't really notice it because the game shifts into Multi-ball anyway, so as your magnet ball gets dropped SDTM it is being followed by a multi-ball session. The SDTM action is there; you just don't notice it. But with Hurry Up only, noticed it.
It is not something I would want happening if I was in an arcade.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Exactly.

If anybody else can duplicate what I am experiencing I could contact Stern to have a look. But I don't want to be waving a pitchfork for something I think I'm seeing.

#3764 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah. Please keep an eye on yours. I don't mind the ball being held during the Hurry Up. But for it to just let the ball drop SDTM is not acceptable.
Actually, it is behaving exactly the same when you are going for the Herman Multi-ball. If you fail to knock the ball off the magnet for Herman multi-ball, the magnet will timeout and drop the ball. But you don't really notice it because the game shifts into Multi-ball anyway, so as your magnet ball gets dropped SDTM it is being followed by a multi-ball session. The SDTM action is there; you just don't notice it. But with Hurry Up only, noticed it.
It is not something I would want happening if I was in an arcade.

Exactly.
If anybody else can duplicate what I am experiencing I could contact Stern to have a look. But I don't want to be waving a pitchfork for something I think I'm seeing.

I will look at it tonight and get back with you..

#3765 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully it’s not another walking dead situation where the magnet gets to the point that it alway drops it straight down the middle.
But for now, it sound like your game is working as intended.

I've got quite a few games in on my LE, magnet holds ball as expected, then drops to a flipper very predictably, as magnet not centered. No SDTM for me. It's those brutal outlanes that keep my profanity at a high level on occasion (machine is ruthless in that aspect).

#3766 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I will look at it tonight and get back with you..

To be clear, you can force this action by just not playing Herman multi-ball. When it times out, the magnet will let go. Watch to see if it is SDTM. And the multi-ball will go ahead and start, as normal, and you play it out. You don't notice the SDTM action because of the multi-ball followup.

#3767 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've got quite a few games in on my LE, magnet holds ball as expected, then drops to a flipper very predictably, as magnet not centered. No SDTM for me. It's those brutal outlanes that keep my profanity at a high level on occasion (machine is ruthless in that aspect).

Which flipper does your magnet let the ball drop to? Left or right? If I can get a good nudge, mine will drift the ball to just the tip the right flipper.

Maybe I need to check my left-to-right play field adjustment.
==============================

The outlanes can be tough. Reposition toset outlane posts down low all the way. Then back off your tilt bob and start working on your nudging skills. This pin does respond well to some well placed nudging.

#3768 4 years ago

I think you need to level your machine cotton

#3769 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

same here, SDTM if timeout, otherwise, no SDTM

#3770 4 years ago

I have not had a SDTM from Herman at all, however the right outlane I swear has a friggin magnet.

#3771 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I think you need to level your machine cotton

Checked the pin for level. It is dead on.

Quoted from Pinwalk:

same here, SDTM if timeout, otherwise, no SDTM

That makes two of us.

#3772 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have not had a SDTM from Herman at all, however the right outlane I swear has a friggin magnet.

Where does the ball go on your pin with a Herman time out? Right or left flipper?

#3773 4 years ago

Had an interesting thing happen after 0.99 update. Did just an update not full code and had to go on vacation. On return, followed up. System had changed to 2 balls per game, disabled spot and some other weird things?????

#3774 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where does the ball go on your pin with a Herman time out? Right or left flipper?

Left flipper here

#3775 4 years ago

In baggy with key fob are plastic numbers 79 and 80. Where do these go?

#3776 4 years ago

My machine was born on 4/29 and came with the modified wire form for the lower play field installed (prevents ball from getting stuck on plastic next to wire form). It also has regular phillips head screws fastening the lower playfield glass to the main playfield rather than the torx head screws!

#3777 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

My machine was born on 4/29 and came with the modified wire form for the lower play field installed (prevents ball from getting stuck on plastic next to wire form). It also has regular phillips head screws fastening the lower playfield glass to the main playfield rather than the torx head screws!

Nice!!!

#3778 4 years ago

Anybody willing to sell me their Munsters key fob from the goodie bag? I don't want to open my goodie bag, but I would like a key fob for my key rack.

#3779 4 years ago

So when game is over, and I match numbers for a credit, the "pop" sound is super loud. I haven't seen an adjustment to turn the volume down on that "pop", is there one, or do I have to turn sound down for entire game?

#3780 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

So when game is over, and I match numbers for a credit, the "pop" sound is super loud. I haven't seen an adjustment to turn the volume down on that "pop", is there one, or do I have to turn sound down for entire game?

Yes it is under standard adjustments number 43 "knocker volume". You can set it to "low" I had to do the same on mine.

#3781 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Yes it is under standard adjustments number 43 "knocker volume". You can set it to "low" I had to do the same on mine.

I have mine set to off, I find those digital knocker sounds annoying.

#3782 4 years ago

I have found these to be great when added to the spike games. I originally had them hitting the wood divider next to the speaker, but was advised to have them "knock" against the rear left of the cabinet. Gives you that SS feel when earning a free game.

https://www.pinballlife.com/real-knocker-kit-for-stern-spikespike-2.html

#3783 4 years ago

ok, thanks to all!

#3784 4 years ago

Mine is coming next week - love the theme as grew up with it.
Enjoyed game play and cant wait for code to get even better..

#3785 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Mine is coming next week - love the theme as grew up with it.
Enjoyed game play and cant wait for code to get even better..

Best game available from Stern

#3786 4 years ago

Production screw ups: New hire on the line. Has to be.

I had my play field lifted to do something underneath.

This is what I found. It is minor. But I changed what I saw.

This wire was not routed in the best manner possible. Since I don't know what "correct" per Stern specs I won't say "incorrectly.

The wire was pulled forward and stretched tight around the flat looking "post" at my index finger. There was absolutely no slack.

IMG_0806 (resized).JPGIMG_0806 (resized).JPG

I disconnected and rerouted the stretched wire.

IMG_0816 (resized).JPGIMG_0816 (resized).JPG

Now, with some slack, I went ahead and used a tie wrap to keep the newly loosened wire from flopping around. I don't think anyone needs to go chasing this but when ever you open up your pin and remember this you might want to reroute that wire if it is routed like mine was.

To those of you who think everything comes off the line in blueprint-perfect condition, you need to think again.

IMG_0813 (resized).JPGIMG_0813 (resized).JPG

#3787 4 years ago

Play field protectors: I'm no stranger to play field protectors. I have made several of my own for my old pins needing restored. I have toyed with the idea of putting a protector on my LE but I have decided against it.

I know I will not like seeing the dimples come but if I put down a protector and ever need to remove the mini-play field window for any reason, then I will have made a problem for myself.

Granted, I could always remove the complete mini-play field assembly from underneath but I just decided I don't want to have to risk having to do that.

#3788 4 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

Anybody willing to sell me their Munsters key fob from the goodie bag? I don't want to open my goodie bag, but I would like a key fob for my key rack.

Not the Stern key fob, but Google Munsters keychain. Lot of stuff out there

ebay.com link: i

#3789 4 years ago

Holy crap there is a lot of really negative hostilities thrown at The Munster’s.
Since this is a Club thread and there are still a few owners or players left who enjoy the game lol, it’s not the most uplifting thing to read the Munsters worst code ever thread.

First, the game got hacked on the Hype thread, now it has its own dedicated hatred thread. Yes, the rules aren’t deep. Period. We would all likely agree it would be nice if these did get further flushed out.
However to call the pin outright shit is a dis-service to the elements which do work: a beautiful looking art package with smooth shots, clear understandable rules, a fun mini pf and an awesome theme- love the music and lighting to boot.

It fits well in my line up. I enjoy all types of pins and I guess only time will tell if this pin has staying power.

#3790 4 years ago

Ive played this game around 400 games now i believe and i have fun everytime i play it and i thought to myself many times.....where is all this hate coming from?

This game in a 1-3 pin collection would maybe get a little old after awhile unless you really loved the theme. In my case though i have 7 games and i absolutely LOVE the theme and i can tell you right now that mine isn't ever leaving, no way in hell. If i ever get tired of the code i will play something else and let it sit for awhile and come back to it later on. So far though that hasnt happemed and i can't stop hitting the start button.

Im not worried about what other people think though. All i know is i keep hitting the start button and smiling so thats all i care about. I can just look at this game and it makes me smile, i dont even have to play it. Its that beautiful!

#3791 4 years ago

My LE is my first.... and I love it! Although it continually kicks my butt.. I really wonder if all the haters have actually played it....and I doubt they own one....

#3792 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

My LE is my first.... and I love it! Although it continually kicks my butt.. I really wonder if all the haters have actually played it....and I doubt they own one....

Some people arent going to like the code and i can understand that totally but to act like this game is total shit is a bunch of baloney. Im pretty certain that anyone who thinks the code isn't deep enough can still have fun playing this game. Even if the code is shallow or not their cup of tea, the game still has great shots, its beautiful to look at, and what code is there is a lot of fun.

#3793 4 years ago

@ Who-Dey, we’re in the minority it would seem. (We lost Space-man to all the constant negativity).
I guess it can wear you down eventually.
Like Wonka, the anticipation was through the roof on Munsters.
This is such an amazing hobby and fortunately lots of choice now and coming from a growing number of manufacturers.

#3794 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

@ Who-Dey, we’re in the minority it would seem. (We lost Space-man to all the constant negativity).
This is such an amazing hobby and fortunately lots of choice now and coming from a growing number of manufacturers.

They arent wearing me down brother. This may not be my best pin code wise but its my favorite because of the theme, artwork, great shots, and the callouts. I love it.

#3795 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They arent wearing me down brother. This may not be my best pin code wise but its my favorite because of the theme, artwork, great shots, and the callouts. I love it.

It just goes to show that there is a pin for everyone. I played one on location and didn't care for it. Same place also had a BK:SOR and I liked playing that one even though there doesn't look like there is much going on with it. I am a little weird I guess since I love playing my Ghostbusters and it seems like most hate that. I wouldn't say it's total garbage, but it just doesn't suit me. Good thing there is a game for everyone out there.

#3796 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Holy crap there is a lot of really negative hostilities thrown at The Munster’s.
Since this is a Club thread and there are still a few owners or players left who enjoy the game lol, it’s not the most uplifting thing to read the Munsters worst code ever thread.
First, the game got hacked on the Hype thread, now it has its own dedicated hatred thread. Yes, the rules aren’t deep. Period. We would all likely agree it would be nice if these did get further flushed out.
However to call the pin outright shit is a dis-service to the elements which do work: a beautiful looking art package with smooth shots, clear understandable rules, a fun mini pf and an awesome theme- love the music and lighting to boot.
It fits well in my line up. I enjoy all types of pins and I guess only time will tell if this pin has staying power.

There are lots of people who absolutely love this pin (me included). The "worse code ever" (not even stated right), is just a convenient place for haters of about anything to vent. I engaged for awhile, same old crap, so drained it (hype thread was gone a long time ago for me).

It would be a shame (and not wise) for any person to either buy or sell any game based on what is talked about on these forums. Just too much nonsense.

The current " golden pins" are IMDN and DI. I don't like either. Who cares? For me, Munsters is everything those are not. This is a nice club thread, more will join, and things will settle over time.

#3797 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

only @spacemanratso09 knows why he sold, as it should be. Wonka is also getting destroyed in some of the threads...some of this stuff is interesting, some of it is just babble. Plenty of choices...play and buy what YOU want....no biggie

#3798 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ive played this game around 400 games now i believe and i have fun everytime i play it and i thought to myself many times.....where is all this hate coming from?
This game in a 1-3 pin collection would maybe get a little old after awhile unless you really loved the theme. In my case though i have 7 games and i absolutely LOVE the theme and i can tell you right now that mine isn't ever leaving, no way in hell. If i ever get tired of the code i will play something else and let it sit for awhile and come back to it later on. So far though that hasnt happemed and i can't stop hitting the start button.
Im not worried about what other people think though. All i know is i keep hitting the start button and smiling so thats all i care about. I can just look at this game and it makes me smile, i dont even have to play it. Its that beautiful!

Well said. The hate for this game is extreme.

#3799 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have almost 400 games on in just a few days time.

Don’t forget the music. That is some pinball playing music.

#3800 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

And that is the reason I can't look away. All of your points are valid for this game. I concur. Thing is Dwight shit in his nest by saying code is for the most part complete. [removed]. I sooo want to buy and keep this game. The problem is...Dwight. Such a shame that Lyman was not at the wheel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/76?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.