IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 237.
#3701 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

That seems to make sense. Kitty would light and I would still have both 2x & 3x lit (may have been flashing, don't recall for sure). I'd keep hitting kitty and 2x & 3x would stay lit.

After 2x and 3x are flashing, all hitting kitty will do is give you lore time with 6x playfield.

#3702 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Great description on the window Cotton. Mezelmods already has a Spot led light add on. I have it and it works great no need to tinker. It was $15.

That red light does look nice. For now, I went with what I had. There is no question when Spot is up for a bashing.

IMG_0792 (resized).JPGIMG_0792 (resized).JPG

IMG_0840 (resized).JPGIMG_0840 (resized).JPG

IMG_0851 (resized).JPGIMG_0851 (resized).JPG

#3703 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Did you strip any of the old ones bad enough to have to work to them out....if so how...? worried about the one I buggered up.....

I used a tiny pair of vice grips to do a turn then used a Allen one size bigger to get it out by hand

#3704 4 years ago

No doubt in my mind that Spot would make a good looking shooter handle. But the Stern unit is made of a hard rubber compound and would not be suitable as a handle. Another solution would need to come around to make it happen.

IMG_0822 (resized).JPGIMG_0822 (resized).JPG

#3705 4 years ago

Finally the arcade near me replaced the Munsters Pro (which I absolutely loved!) with a premium. The premium looks stunning! But I'm an old guy and just plain like the clunky feel of a heavy ball and large flipper. So though the lower playfield adds to dimension of the game I'm sticking with a pro with for my purchase this September (when I have expanded space) I think Musters is the best new Stern as to theme and playability. My problem is the which 2nd machine to buy. In top running is Iron Maiden (premium), Deadpool (pro), or Black Knight(air ball city but land inbounds) so anyone looking for a new game should give these a try. The new Sterns are really great!

#3706 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thoughts? Only 19 days ago....[quoted image]

Odd for sure...if I let the bashing threads dictate my lineup, I probably wouldn't have any machines at all.....

There certainly aren't that many LE's for sale on the marketplace, and a handful of pros...mostly dealer ads. Nothing new here....

Wouldn't matter if everyone sold theirs, I'm keeping mine...might be a mass sale down the road when I leave the hobby, but that would be it...

#3707 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Oh shit ya that sorry I was watching the St Louis Blues game.
I don’t know I still love the game just kinda of all the negative stuff kinda taking the fun out of it for me
So freaking polarizing kinda got me down
I am and have been building my collection over from scratch centered around this game it’s the most beautiful game I’ve ever seen
Plus I got an email from someone involved in the game and I didn’t really care for their response
Who knows maybe I will change my mind

Do we have a little pump-n-dump going on here I realize this conversation on the worst-code thread was about a Pro, but it is close enough

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.25.08 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.25.08 PM (resized).png

#3708 4 years ago

All the premium games I have seen the window to the lower playfield was dirty or cloudy. Also see many having to remove the window for cleaning.

My ACDC Premium has been in my home for years and never had to remove the window for any reason. Is there something different about the window for Munsters?

Thanks.

#3709 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

All the premium games I have seen the window to the lower playfield was dirty or cloudy. Also see many having to remove the window for cleaning.
My ACDC Premium has been in my home for years and never had to remove the window for any reason. Is there something different about the window for Munsters?
Thanks.

All the Premium games that I've seen are crystal clear. I had an ACDC and removed the window several times to clean it... Finally sold it with a dirty window.

#3710 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Thanks.

It’s grandpas basement it’s usually a little dusty down there.

#3711 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Finally the arcade near me replaced the Munsters Pro (which I absolutely loved!) with a premium. The premium looks stunning! But I'm an old guy and just plain like the clunky feel of a heavy ball and large flipper. So though the lower playfield adds to dimension of the game I'm sticking with a pro with for my purchase this September (when I have expanded space) I think Musters is the best new Stern as to theme and playability. My problem is the which 2nd machine to buy. In top running is Iron Maiden (premium), Deadpool (pro), or Black Knight(air ball city but land inbounds) so anyone looking for a new game should give these a try. The new Sterns are really great!

I like IMDN out of the three you mentioned but dont forget you have Elvira 3 coming the fall and possibly Jurassic World coming up next. CGC also has three great games available in MMR, MBR, and AFMR

#3712 4 years ago

Just ordered my pro. Can’t wait for delivery next week.

#3713 4 years ago

You are going to have a lot of fun with this game Groo. I took delivery on one of the first games shipped and have played it almost everyday since. It is one of the most addicting games I have played, fun, challenging, great lighting and sound, and of course theme if you are a Munsters TV fan. Congrats man!

#3714 4 years ago

Got my plastic protectors in tonight. No need for pics (green set) as they've been posted...really adds even more amazement to an already beautiful machine.

Time to install - 2 hours

PITA factor - about a 6 out of 10 (compared to my others)

Things to watch - Herman's protector easily the hardest in this set. Be careful around that little spotlight. You'll also need a small screwdriver or something to lift the optos up from under the plastic to screw in. All the others straightforward.

This set doesn't have alot of extra protection for the plastics, but should work fine.

Would like to see the extra plastics made at some point (uni-targets and a couple others that are hanging out there).

Overall very pleased, and recommend

#3715 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

You are going to have a lot of fun with this game Groo. I took delivery on one of the first games shipped and have played it almost everyday since. It is one of the most addicting games I have played, fun, challenging, great lighting and sound, and of course theme if you are a Munsters TV fan. Congrats man!

I find myself hitting on mine several times a day, too. The end-of-ball callout is getting a little long in the tooth. But the music that is playing during the game is some real good music; Or maybe I should say the music suits my tastes.

The Pro is certainly no slouch but the more I play that mini-play field the more I like it. Those mini-ball shots are not all that easy. And they are the only way to Grandpa Jackpot.

#3716 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Got my plastic protectors in tonight. No need for pics (green set) as they've been posted...really adds even more amazement to an already beautiful machine.

Did the easy ones last night, Lily and Herman slingshots. Going to tackle Grandpa and big Herman today, so thank you for the advice!

#3717 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Did the easy ones last night, Lily and Herman slingshots. Going to tackle Grandpa and big Herman today, so thank you for the advice!

I did the same.... 2 left..... let us know how it goes...and any pointers....please....

#3718 4 years ago

Any additional info on the new code that is being beta tested?

#3719 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Any additional info on the new code that is being beta tested?

It will be version 1.00

#3720 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It will be version 1.00

Yep I know, but if I recall there were some who were beta testing it on a POD cast so curious as to what their impressions were.

#3721 4 years ago

The guy who I bought my LE from had already had it loaded up with The Mod Couple's mods: Raven clock, that little flying bat, magnet rings, and Grandpa sitting in his rocking chair. Grandpa had been mounted and then removed. He had a broken leg so a ball impact must have taken him out.

I super glued the leg back into one piece but it was pointless to remount him just so he could be broken again.

So, I made a plastic barrier out of some scrap plastic I had left from another project.

I made contact with Yelobird about my mod to his mod and asked if he would have any problem if I posted my cheapie barrier. He said is cool with this.

The barrier is working quite well. And it has taken some hits while I have been playing. When I get time I need to make one that looks a little more professional.

Hope you like it.

IMG_0853 (resized).JPGIMG_0853 (resized).JPG
IMG_0854 (resized).JPGIMG_0854 (resized).JPG
IMG_0855 (resized).JPGIMG_0855 (resized).JPG
IMG_0858 (resized).JPGIMG_0858 (resized).JPG

#3722 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I find myself hitting on mine several times a day, too. The end-of-ball callout is getting a little long in the tooth. But the music that is playing during the game is some real good music; Or maybe I should say the music suits my tastes.
The Pro is certainly no slouch but the more I play that mini-play field the more I like it. Those mini-ball shots are not all that easy. And they are the only way to Grandpa Jackpot.

I had the chance to play an LE a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed playing the lower playfield, in fact so much so that I take delivery of my new Premium in two days, can't wait!

Note for Grandpa, keep your arms and legs inside of the shot protector to avoid loss of limbs. I like it

#3723 4 years ago

I was a big Munsters fan growing up so the theme is great, but also approachable for those on the younger side. I’m wading through this thread for any tips and tricks for when I get it.

#3724 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I had the chance to play an LE a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed playing the lower playfield, in fact so much so that I take delivery of my new Premium in two days, can't wait!
Note for Grandpa, keep your arms and legs inside of the shot protector to avoid loss of limbs. I like it

You know how when you play and play and play and you finally get that killer ball. You know. That killer ball that you get one time in 100 or 200 plays and it keeps you coming back to try to get another one. It is a ball that you wished to were recording so you could post it to youtube. That killer ball; You know what I am talking about.

I had a killer mini-pinball, basement, Grandpa's Lab, session last night. Every shot was productive. If there was a chance to ad more time, more time was added. If a light was lit, it was put out. Everything as in synch. It was a thrill I cannot describe.

This mini-pin is not Haunted House; It is not Congo; It is not Black Hole; And it for sure is not Bugs Bunny. Unlike the first 3 pins I mention, this one has a timer so you know when the end is near. And you absolutely must defeat it to light up Grandpa's Lab and have a chance at Munster Madness.

You are going to love your Premium.

#3725 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hey!!! Grabbing yours Saturday!? Me too ... heading out to Trent's in Columbus and driving it back home. Can't wait!!!

#3726 4 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey!!! Grabbing yours Saturday!? Me too ... heading out to Trent's in Columbus and driving it back home. Can't wait!!!

Lol, Your old FG box opening popped up on YouTube yesterday and I re-watched it, Are you still making videos of each machine?

#3727 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Lol, Your old FG box opening popped up on YouTube yesterday and I re-watched it, Are you still making videos of each machine?

Lol! Oh man ... I realized at the time that I gain over 100 lbs whenever I buy a new pinball machine. So I vowed never to again!

I have some up on my channel, yes. Not as much has I used to. They were always fun though.

#3728 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I was a big Munsters fan growing up so the theme is great, but also approachable for those on the younger side. I’m wading through this thread for any tips and tricks for when I get it.

Go to posting #501, at a minimum you will need to make this modification if not already done by Stern.

#3729 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I did the same.... 2 left..... let us know how it goes...and any pointers....please....

Definitely, don't put the ramp plastics on until Herman plastic installed...won't be able to get a screwdriver in there (checked my rear hinge to spot door while I was in there..nice and snug).

Protectors definitely lessen the available thread available in a few spots...don't cross thread or overtighten anything or you're in trouble. There's no magic w these, patience, pics, and keep track of all the washers/ screws.

I used a small flashlight laid on the magnet to help me see the opto switch holes....

#3730 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Definitely, don't put the ramp plastics on until Herman plastic installed...won't be able to get a screwdriver in there (checked my rear hinge to spot door while I was in there..nice and snug).
Protectors definitely lessen the available thread available in a few spots...don't cross thread or overtighten anything or you're in trouble. There's no magic w these, patience, pics, and keep track of all the washers/ screws.
I used a small flashlight laid on the magnet to help me see the opto switch holes....

well crap...ramps are on... will remove

#3731 4 years ago

Making if the Munsters pinball machine Youtube video. Check it out! 1956PINHEAD just told about it.

#3732 4 years ago

Picked up my Munsters LE today. Guy I bought it from had played it maybe 10 times. I have played 30+ games on it in the past 6 hours. What a blast! Dont really know a lot of the rules and strategy yet, but the ramps, Herman and Dragula are fun as $%#@$. And the lower playing field (which I was not crazy about after playing 3-4 games on a premium), holy crap, you get going on it, get some extra time, get the multi ball, it's a ton of fun! Looking forward to adding a few mods and getting better on it. It brings a smile to my 62 yo face everytime!

#3733 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

well crap...ramps are on... will remove

2 screws each....Very small screws

You'll never reach the left side of Herman plastics with those in the way....

#3734 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Picked up my Munsters LE today. Guy I bought it from had played it maybe 10 times. I have played 30+ games on it in the past 6 hours. What a blast! Dont really know a lot of the rules and strategy yet, but the ramps, Herman and Dragula are fun as $%#@$. And the lower playing field (which I was not crazy about after playing 3-4 games on a premium), holy crap, you get going on it, get some extra time, get the multi ball, it's a ton of fun! Looking forward to adding a few mods and getting better on it. It brings a smile to my 62 yo face everytime!

This game is fun and addicting..sounds like you really scored a reat machine there! Congrats and welcome to the club!!!

#3735 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game is fun and addicting..sounds like you really scored a reat machine there! Congrats and welcome to the club!!!

Thanks! I was slightly leaning towards DP, but this one showed up, and I think it will have more appeal to my clan (2 yo to 60's) lol! Plus had my wife cussing like a sailor tonight when she played, so it's a good one!!!

#3736 4 years ago

30mil super Jackpot score tonight

#3737 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

30mil super Jackpot score tonight

It feels good when you cash in a nice one.like that! Not as easy as it sounds like either is it?

#3738 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Thanks! I was slightly leaning towards DP, but this one showed up, and I think it will have more appeal to my clan (2 yo to 60's) lol! Plus had my wife cussing like a sailor tonight when she played, so it's a good one!!!

I hear DP is really good now but so is Munsters so you did well and i would guess at your age that you like the Munsters theme more than Deadoool also right? The theme alone on Munsters still has me smiling and always will.

#3739 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It feels good when you cash in a nice one.like that! Not as easy as it sounds like either is it?

Not easy at all. I've had bigger but was unable to cash it in.

#3740 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Welcome to the club!

#3741 4 years ago

Pro loaded up and heading out tomorrow to swap it out for my Premium. Been looking forward to this day for 4 weeks now. Going to be a couple days before I can get the new game set up, no one available to help me unload it

20190509_171650 (resized).jpg20190509_171650 (resized).jpg
#3742 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Pro loaded up and heading out tomorrow to swap it out for my Premium. Been looking forward to this day for 4 weeks now. Going to be a couple days before I can get the new game set up, no one available to help me unload it [quoted image]

Call everyone that you know and if that don't work try and find a you guy in the neighborhood and flip him a little cash to help you.

#3743 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I hear DP is really good now but so is Munsters so you did well and i would guess at your age that you like the Munsters theme more than Deadoool also right? The theme alone on Munsters still has me smiling and always will.

I enjoy Munsters shots more than DP but DP has munsters beat hands down when it comes to ruleset. Hope that changes code wise.

#3744 4 years ago

I have a Sewage Pipe mod by Mezel Mods that I decided not to install on my machine. I'll sell it for $48 including shipping. They retail for $55. PM if interested. Thanks

#3745 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Pro loaded up and heading out tomorrow to swap it out for my Premium. Been looking forward to this day for 4 weeks now. Going to be a couple days before I can get the new game set up, no one available to help me unload it [quoted image]

I don't see a strap holding the back box to the cabinet. Don't hit many bumps or that back box could start bouncing.

#3746 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't see a strap holding the back box to the cabinet. Don't hit many bumps or that back box could start bouncing.

All strapped down good now, I took the photo before strapping it down. Thanks for posting that though as you are right, it would have taken a little beating during the two hour drive

#3747 4 years ago

Before I bought my Munsters I had some dealings with Stern Tech Support on buying some Beatles pin parts for a project. I advised my contact that I had just bought an LE, offered the serial number and I am being treated quite well by Stern. I had a couple of issues and replacement parts are being sent as a warranty consideration.

I give Stern a Thumbs Up.

#3748 4 years ago

Is anybody else having this problem? Regarding Herman multi-ball. The very last sentence in the "Other Notes" paragraph.

After I have completed a Herman multi-ball, the next time I get the hurry-up and lock a ball onto the magnet it just sits there and times out. And then it drains SDTM.

A Herman Hurry Up which locks a ball with the magnet and does not give another ball to knock that locked ball off of the magnet results in an immediate drain. Some times I can shake the pin and save the ball but most times not.

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 12.39.33 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-05-10 at 12.39.33 AM (resized).png

OTHER NOTES

You can only play HERMAN Multiball once per level. Meaning, you cannot get another HERMAN Multiball until after playing MUNSTER MADNESS

When you are working your way toward the next level you cannot play the Multiball again.

***If you complete the HERMAN area during this time
you will get a Hurry Up but the Multiball will not start afterward.***

#3749 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Haha, yes, Munster theme is a big plus, and something more people seem able to relate to and/or enjoy. B day coming up, have asked for the complete DVD collection of the tv show (Walmart, $25 or so)....thought that would be fun to have and a nice compliment to the game!

#3750 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Is anybody else having this problem? Regarding Herman multi-ball. The very last sentence in the "Other Notes" paragraph.
After I have completed a Herman multi-ball, the next time I get the hurry-up and lock a ball onto the magnet it just sits there and times out. And then it drains SDTM.
A Herman Hurry Up which locks a ball with the magnet and does not give another ball to knock that locked ball off of the magnet results in an immediate drain. Some times I can shake the pin and save the ball but most times not.
[quoted image]
OTHER NOTES
You can only play HERMAN Multiball once per level. Meaning, you cannot get another HERMAN Multiball until after playing MUNSTER MADNESS
When you are working your way toward the next level you cannot play the Multiball again.
***If you complete the HERMAN area during this time
you will get a Hurry Up but the Multiball will not start afterward.***

Sounds like the game is working correctly until the hurry up starts. In the past I thought it just let you collect the hurry up, but didn’t hold the magnet.

I assume this was the second time you got to the hurry up before playing Munster Madness?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 210.00
6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.