IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 237.
#3651 4 years ago

I bought a pro version a few weeks back. this is my first new pinball machine. I have 2 older Williams pinballs from 79.80. I have it set to 3 balls and have the new code. I really am into the game it looks great. these new pinball machines are a lot different than ones from the 80"s. I am not understanding the concept of stacking jackpots and, how to cash them in. the zap button cancels your award is that how they are stacked? Thank you.

#3652 4 years ago

I got my set of protectors today.... but no instructions etc on what goes where and how.... anyone...???

#3653 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I got my set of protectors today.... but no instructions etc on what goes where and how.... anyone...???

Tell me about it, sucks. My best advice - take lots of photos of the parts you remove and where all the screws and nuts go or you will be pulling what’s left of your hair out when you go to put it back together. Deathhimself helped me through install. There are two for each side of the bannisters, one for Herman one for grandpa and one on the side of the right orbit and then four go down by the front slings. You can just match the cut outs to the plastic originals.

#3654 4 years ago

Some of you have been asking about how to remove the lower window and also how to adjust the window. It is easy but there are a couple of booby traps.

Here we go.

From page 53 of the Premium/LE manual,

Item #4) the window is secured with eight 6-32 3/4" screws. They are Torx screws with size T-10 torx bit.

Item #2 there are 8 o-rings the window mounts on.

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 6.39.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-05-06 at 6.39.24 PM (resized).png

1) Unscrew the 8 screws but do NOT remove them. When they are completely unscrewed, you will be able to wiggle them around. Don't remove them.

IMG_0776 (resized).JPGIMG_0776 (resized).JPG

2) Then remove the bottom screw only. With this screw removed, you may have to use it or another longer screw you might have in your parts kitty.

Your window could be "stuck" onto the play field and you will need to insert the screw into the hole and apply a little pressure to gain leverage to remove the window.

IMG_0777 (resized).JPGIMG_0777 (resized).JPG

With the window removed this is what you might see. When the screw was removed this o-ring was left lying. (If you don't see an o-ring laying here the odds are it has stuck to the window. Reinstall the screw you removed and don't lose this o-ring). At the bottom position the o-ring will go nowhere. All the other o-rings might fall down into the basement. It is not the end of the world but it is a PIA.

IMG_0779 (resized).JPGIMG_0779 (resized).JPG

Here is the window showing the screws and o-rings. Leaving the screws in the window keep control of the o-rings.

IMG_0780 (resized).JPGIMG_0780 (resized).JPG

Installing the window is the reverse of removing it.

Now you need to adjust the window to play field height.

To do that you need this.

Take a credit card or similar piece of plastic. Cut the card to an angle on both sides. You want the corners of your cut to be sharp and to the point. No rounded corners !

IMG_0797 (resized).JPGIMG_0797 (resized).JPG

Run all 8 of the torx screws down. Do not tighten them. At this point in the adjustment you should be able to hook a fingernail on the edge of the window all the way around.

Place the credit card on the play field and point it towards the first screw you are going to tighten down. Start tightening the screw until the card will not catch the window. Once the card can slide onto the window then place the card on the window and slide toward the play field. When you can move the card in both directions and it does not catch you are adjust even. Now go to the screw on the opposite side of the side and repeat. Alternate back and forth on which screws you tighten to keep things even.

Now go back and recheck your first screw. Keep fine tuning until the credit card does not hang on the window or the play field. Now you are even.

The o-rings provided the tension and the spring-back to keep the window level. It may need to be adjust from time to time. At some point in the future the o-rings with get hard and lose their elasticity. Then you will need to replace them.

IMG_0781 (resized).JPGIMG_0781 (resized).JPG

#3655 4 years ago

I noticed the ball was hitting hard metal when entering the Dragula chute. Sharp metal cuts and scratches balls. I try whatever I can to minimize this kind of action.

You can see the offending piece of metal to the left of the spinner just below the rubber bumper.

IMG_0783 (resized).JPGIMG_0783 (resized).JPG

To solve this problem, I put two small chunks of Gorillia duct tape around the rubber and onto the metal guide. Play action has not been affected and the ball has some level of protection.

IMG_0802 (resized).JPGIMG_0802 (resized).JPG

#3656 4 years ago

Spot is too dark to really see. One pinsider is working to mod Spot with some cool lighting action. I think I am going to go this route.

I am going to double back tape one of Comet LEDs 6-pak style Matrix lamps above Spot's head. There is room enough between Spot's head and the lower surface of his ramp. Then all I need to do is find a power source and Spot will light up like the sun. I'll probable need to remove the entire Spot assembly to do this.

IMG_0792 (resized).JPGIMG_0792 (resized).JPG

#3657 4 years ago

I have an extra brand new sewage pipe mod for the Munsters from Mezel Mods that my friend picked up for me at Pinfest. They sell for $55. I'll sell it for $45 shipped. Payment via PayPal F&F. PM me if interested. Thanks.

#3658 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Spot is too dark to really see. One pinsider is working to mod Spot with some cool lighting action. I think I am going to go this route.
I am going to double back tape one of Comet LEDs 6-pak style Matrix lamps above Spot's head. There is room enough between Spot's head and the lower surface of his ramp. Then all I need to do is find a power source and Spot will light up like the sun. I'll probable need to remove the entire Spot assembly to do this.
[quoted image]

Great description on the window Cotton. Mezelmods already has a Spot led light add on. I have it and it works great no need to tinker. It was $15.

#3659 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So it sounds like your game would have been about 10 million on the new code John?
Just kidding buddy, still a great game you had!

Hell no, you are way low on your estimate. I'm thinking more like 10 million 150 thousand

I'm lol Who-Dey, and here I thought I had a break out game, when in reality it was shit. Wish I could have that kind of software bug fall upon a slot machine when I'm in Vegas

#3660 4 years ago

Well I guess I had better load the new game code and see what kind of scores I'll end up with. Shit, I may have to go hide in a closet or sit on the toilet for a few days after eating all this humble pie

#3661 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hell no, you are way low on your estimate. I'm thinking more like 10 million 150 thousand
I'm lol Who-Dey, and here I thought I had a break out game, when in reality it was shit. Wish I could have that kind of software bug fall upon a slot machine when I'm in Vegas

Im just messing with you buddy. You still had a great game im sure, but we just don’t know what it was.

#3662 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Great description on the window Cotton. Mezelmods already has a Spot led light add on. I have it and it works great no need to tinker. It was $15.

Actually that’s us . $15 shipped!

https://lermods.com/products/the-munsters-pinball-spot-lighted-ramp-flasher

#3663 4 years ago

Sterns SOU basically says stay tuned for a code update later this month

#3664 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Sterns SOU basically says stay tuned for a code update later this month

Fingers crossed, been holding onto ours in hopes for a major update "rewrite hopefully" in the nearish future.

#3665 4 years ago

If not I can see many machines going up for sale, in addition to possible orders getting scratched. We shall see hope Dwight’s remarks were just off the cuff and not necessarily the case as Sterns stand point.

#3666 4 years ago

Marty on Head2Head podcast said he’s play testing 1.0 beta and it’s not a major re-work of the code. Having said that he said he’s really enjoying it.

#3667 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

If not I can see many machines going up for sale, in addition to possible orders getting scratched. We shall see hope Dwight’s remarks were just off the cuff and not necessarily the case as Sterns stand point.

In my short time of owning my LE I have managed to get a few hours on. I would like to see less reliance on multi-balls. The different modes shoot out multi-balls like shit going thru a goose; Almost to the point of being annoying. It is a nice playing table that can stand on its own without a waterfall of multi-balls. Give me a two-ball or three-ball multi-ball and let me see what I can do with it. That's my only complaint.

#3668 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Was playing my game this evening and was having one of my best games ever, then this happened. Broken connection on the micro switch Grandpa’s scoop, game over baby as any shots made to the scoop would not register. Going to order a new switch as the lug broke off the switch, no way to fix that kind of failure.
[quoted image][quoted image]
When I install the new switch I will most likey use some non formaldehyde silicone (for electronics) around the wiring and base of the switch to stabilize that connection so this doesn't happen again. Having one of these micro switches on hand as a spare might be a good idea for any others out there as this might be one of those areas that fatigue after so many games or hits to that scoop.

mine broke the same way last night

#3669 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Marty on Head2Head podcast said he’s play testing 1.0 beta and it’s not a major re-work of the code. Having said that he said he’s really enjoying it.

Great to hear.....major rework is not needed, imho...some bug fixes and polish, along with adding some better screen/ mode integration would be nice. The pieces are there (midnight madness), just putting some of that into the game as achievements driven by gameplay (not the clock) would go a long way.

Still play the crap out of mine, as it's a nice change of pace from others in my lineup....

#3670 4 years ago
Quoted from steffan:

Hmm..bummer. I contacted Stern Monday, gave them my serial number and got conformation a replacement is on the way at ni charge.

#3671 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Fingers crossed, been holding onto ours in hopes for a major update "rewrite hopefully" in the nearish future.

I hate to tell you this but from everything i am hearing that’s definitely not going to happen. I hope my sources are wrong but im pretty certain that they aren't.

#3672 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Some of you have been asking about how to remove the lower window and also how to adjust the window. It is easy but there are a couple of booby traps.
Here we go.
From page 53 of the Premium/LE manual,
Item #4) the window is secured with eight 6-32 3/4" screws. They are Torx screws with size T-10 torx bit.
Item #2 there are 8 o-rings the window mounts on.
[quoted image]
1) Unscrew the 8 screws but do NOT remove them. When they are completely unscrewed, you will be able to wiggle them around. Don't remove them.
[quoted image]
2) Then remove the bottom screw only. With this screw removed, you may have to use it or another longer screw you might have in your parts kitty.
Your window could be "stuck" onto the play field and you will need to insert the screw into the hole and apply a little pressure to gain leverage to remove the window.
[quoted image]
With the window removed this is what you might see. When the screw was removed this o-ring was left lying. (If you don't see an o-ring laying here the odds are it has stuck to the window. Reinstall the screw you removed and don't lose this o-ring). At the bottom position the o-ring will go nowhere. All the other o-rings might fall down into the basement. It is not the end of the world but it is a PIA.
[quoted image]
Here is the window showing the screws and o-rings. Leaving the screws in the window keep control of the o-rings.
[quoted image]
Installing the window is the reverse of removing it.
Now you need to adjust the window to play field height.
To do that you need this.
Take a credit card or similar piece of plastic. Cut the card to an angle on both sides. You want the corners of your cut to be sharp and to the point. No rounded corners !
[quoted image]
Run all 8 of the torx screws down. Do not tighten them. At this point in the adjustment you should be able to hook a fingernail on the edge of the window all the way around.
Place the credit card on the play field and point it towards the first screw you are going to tighten down. Start tightening the screw until the card will not catch the window. Once the card can slide onto the window then place the card on the window and slide toward the play field. When you can move the card in both directions and it does not catch you are adjust even. Now go to the screw on the opposite side of the side and repeat. Alternate back and forth on which screws you tighten to keep things even.
Now go back and recheck your first screw. Keep fine tuning until the credit card does not hang on the window or the play field. Now you are even.
The o-rings provided the tension and the spring-back to keep the window level. It may need to be adjust from time to time. At some point in the future the o-rings with get hard and lose their elasticity. Then you will need to replace them.
[quoted image]

So I started mine today... should you loosen those screws slowly going around etc... my bottom one bound up and almost stripped out.. I think I can get it out after I order another set..little bit of WD got it back in and flush...and I dont want to lose the game while I wait for them...

Also is there a better set of these screws...?

#3673 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I bought

I bought one definitely looks hard to install Herman. Bought it because my Herman plastic broke. already. How do you get it to fit with the current screws and looks like it won’t fit under the the pop bumper cover.

Got all of my set installed...but...Herman and Grandpa.... looking for pointers.... looks tough.

#3674 4 years ago

Sorry lol,bought so many I forgot who I got it from. Love it.

#3675 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

So I started mine today... should you loosen those screws slowly going around etc... my bottom one bound up and almost stripped out.. I think I can get it out after I order another set..little bit of WD got it back in and flush...and I dont want to lose the game while I wait for them...

Take a look at post #2755. That person posted that he nearly stripped out the screws and found exact size replacements at Ace Hardware except they have allen key heads rather than torx.

#3676 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Take a look at post #2755. That person posted that he nearly stripped out the screws and found exact size replacements at Ace Hardware except they have allen key heads rather than torx.

Probably me
Just went down the street to Ace

#3677 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Got all of my set installed...but...Herman and Grandpa.... looking for pointers.... looks tough.

patience and pictures (keeping all screws and stuff in a single cup or something)...I'll be doing mine this weekend..will see if anything odd pops up...

#3678 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I'm sure better screws exist, but more importantly, "right tool for the right job". Personally, I wouldn't take any of the screws completely out (not necessary to remove window)...this way the rubber washers don't go dropping all over the place. Loosen them all slowly and equally...you'll find the "sweet spot" when the screw releases from pf, then repeat w the others. Slow and steady

Had mine out 3x (clean twice, then a final time to install the titans)...no issues

#3679 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm sure better screws exist, but more importantly, "right tool for the right job". Personally, I wouldn't take any of the screws completely out (not necessary to remove window)...this way the rubber washers don't go dropping all over the place. Loosen them all slowly and equally...you'll find the "sweet spot" when the screw releases from pf, then repeat w the others. Slow and steady
Had mine out 3x (clean twice, then a final time to install the titans)...no issues

I didn't take them out on your instructions... started to loosen at like 9 o'clock...worked my way around and then bottom one bound up... using a good torx set I use on my hunting bows....dang screw stipped the head slightly... put them back...little WD let me get that bottom one back and level..

#3680 4 years ago

Is anybody elses Spot Door as off-center as mine is? I had to file a little bit of metal from the edge to get some clearance.

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 4.19.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-05-07 at 4.19.24 PM (resized).png

#3681 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Probably me

Spaceman... why are you selling your LE???

#3682 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I didn't take them out on your instructions... started to loosen at like 9 o'clock...worked my way around and then bottom one bound up... using a good torx set I use on my hunting bows....dang screw stipped the head slightly... put them back...little WD let me get that bottom one back and level..

Sounds like you did the right thing...just wait until your new screws arrive, then you only have to go through it once...I'd surely check the threads in that bottom screw (after plastic safely on your bench) to make sure it's not messed up....little screws, regardless of pattern, are always a pita on occasion...good luck!!

#3683 4 years ago

I've been working toward a Super Jackpot champion score. Missed Doozie today. Had 7 Super Jackpots ready, playfield multiplier was way up there. I hit Kittie several times after both the 2&3 multiplier lights were lit but I drained before hitting Super Jackpot.

What is the limit on multipler? How do I know where I'm at once there 2 & 3 are lit?

#3684 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

What is the limit on multipler? How do I know where I'm at once there 2 & 3 are lit?

6x. Was just thinking that also - how to tell once above 3x?

#3685 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

6x. Was just thinking that also - how to tell once above 3x?

But I keep adding after both those are lit?

#3686 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Spaceman... why are you selling your LE???

Thoughts? Only 19 days ago....

082B5F92-0425-4B05-85D8-DA4699AF6C6A (resized).jpeg082B5F92-0425-4B05-85D8-DA4699AF6C6A (resized).jpeg
#3687 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thoughts? Only 19 days ago....[quoted image]

Damn what a bummer! I thought Spaceman would never sell his game.

#3688 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

But I keep adding after both those are lit?

At a guess, 4x = both lit, 6x = both flashing??

But I’m completely guessing. All I know is both lit and/or flashing is over 3x .

#3689 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thoughts? Only 19 days ago....[quoted image]

1) The check is in the mail.

2) I'm from the government and I am here to help you.

3) I will still love you tomorrow ( this is for the old guys. Before hooking up became the way of the universe).

4) I will never sell (until I decide to sell).

#3690 4 years ago

Oh shit ya that sorry I was watching the St Louis Blues game.
I don’t know I still love the game just kinda of all the negative stuff kinda taking the fun out of it for me
So freaking polarizing kinda got me down
I am and have been building my collection over from scratch centered around this game it’s the most beautiful game I’ve ever seen

Plus I got an email from someone involved in the game and I didn’t really care for their response
Who knows maybe I will change my mind

#3691 4 years ago

As a suggestion for those who are removing the screws that retain the lower playfield clear plastic cover. Before reinstalling it put a very small amount of Vaseline on the threads of the screws, not too much though, just a little. This will prevent the screws from seizing up in the inserts or help prevent the threads from scoring.

I learned this little trick years ago for lubricating plastic gears and small threaded screw nutserts on models. It's a little bit of insurance against what could be a bigger problem later.

#3692 4 years ago

Oh shit ya that sorry I was watching the St Louis Blues game.
I don’t know I still love the game just kinda of all the negative stuff kinda taking the fun out of it for me
So freaking polarizing kinda got me down
I am and have been building my collection over from scratch centered around this game it’s the most beautiful game I’ve ever seen
Plus I got an email from someone involved in the game and I didn’t really care for their response
Who knows maybe I will change my mind

I know people who let other peoples opinion influence their opinion. Don't do that because some people on this site hate on every new stern that comes out. I think they hate pinball period. I have a lot of fun with this game and i could care less what the haters say. Is it my best game? Nope but its a hell of a lot of fun and very addicting.

#3693 4 years ago

The multipliers go 2x,3x,6x(both lit)you need to keep hitting kitty every once in a while or the multiplier times out.

#3694 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Don't do that because some people on this site hate on every new stern that comes out. I think they hate pinball period.

For sure. Over on the code-is-bad board someone was talking about how Munsters is just a Metallica or AC-DC with another fan type layout.

The Beatles got some of hate because it had no ramps and who was Stern to charge that kind of money for a pin with no ramps?

I don't know how much more Stern, or the other pin producers can do with a play field. But I keep getting surprised.

#3695 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:Plus I got an email from someone involved in the game and I didn’t really care for their response

Interesting..

#3696 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

someone was talking about how Munsters is just a Metallica or AC-DC with another fan type layout.

And thats supposed to be a bad thing? I'll take a game that compares to AC DC or MET all day long.

#3697 4 years ago
Quoted from steffan:

Must be a common weak area as the demo unit at Pinfest had that same switch already broken. I think they had just taken that game out of the box too.

#3698 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

The multipliers go 2x,3x,6x(both lit)you need to keep hitting kitty every once in a while or the multiplier times out.

That seems to make sense. Kitty would light and I would still have both 2x & 3x lit (may have been flashing, don't recall for sure). I'd keep hitting kitty and 2x & 3x would stay lit.

#3699 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

This is correct. ^^^

#3700 4 years ago

Probably me

Did you strip any of the old ones bad enough to have to work to them out....if so how...? worried about the one I buggered up.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
5,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 210.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.