pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 237.
#3601 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I am others would agree,that MM multiball seems pointless with no control
I am on the fence about that still
If you hold ,as suggested many pages ago,the upper and play grandpa till it forces you back up then down again there is a way to play it out
Finally a game that had me kicking stuff around the room
Edited for just general negativity ha ha

Just had a nice game also @ 248 ml. Managed to get 5x Playfield started before going into Munster Madness. Trapped up on upper pf. 172ml just from Munster Madness. Been cashing out jackpots more regularly lately - if I’ve got 3+ and at least 3x multiplier going I’ll cash it out. Much more satisfying.

#3602 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You blew the game up John....literally!

Yes I did, but not in the way I would have wanted. I was really rolling a good game when it happened too, was on 1st ball and had Munster Madness ready, made the shot and nothing, ball sat there untill ball search kicked in. It was at that point I new it was Game Over baby!

Oh well, I think I am going to buy a couple of those micro switches that way I will have a spare for my Premium when and if I need one. When you think about it that mech takes a beating with the shock and vibration from the ball hitting that scoop pocket, even when the ball jumps out and doesn't stay in.

Having one on hand as a spare is just good insurance IMO. Bummed my game is down for a few days now. Will pass the time on my other games, heck they haven't seen much play since Munster's arrived

#3603 4 years ago

What are owners doing to remove the dust from underneath of the lower/mini playfield? remove the lower playfield or remove the clear section of the main playfield?
cheers

#3604 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

What are owners doing to remove the dust from underneath of the lower/mini playfield? remove the lower playfield or remove the clear section of the main playfield?
cheers

Just cleaned it this afternoon MANTO1975 - undid the torque screws (t10) from the top, lifted it out and cleaned. Made a big difference.

#3605 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just cleaned it this afternoon manto1975 - undid the torque screws (t10) from the top, lifted it out and cleaned. Made a big difference.

Great, thanks Mark, i was actually going to ask you today about this today during our PM"s.
cheers
Trevor

#3606 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just cleaned it this afternoon manto1975 - undid the torque screws (t10) from the top, lifted it out and cleaned. Made a big difference.

Going to do mine today....was hoping my protectors would show up yesterday so i only had to go in once.... but it looks bad....

#3607 4 years ago

Guys be sure once the T10 screws are lose from the nuts below, don't pull them out of the glass. There are rubber O ring washers underneath the glass on the screws that will get lost very easily. In addition when putting the glass back on, don't tighten them down very hard, keep feeling the edge of the glass the it remains a fraction above the main PF otherwise "Houston we have lift off" lol, airballs like mad.

#3608 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Guys be sure once the T10 screws are lose from the nuts below, don't pull them out of the glass. There are rubber O ring washers underneath the glass on the screws that will get lost very easily. In addition when putting the glass back on, don't tighten them down very hard, keep feeling the edge of the glass the it remains a fraction above the main PF otherwise "Houston we have lift off" lol, airballs like mad.

\\

Thanks!

#3609 4 years ago

Great info, thanks very much.

#3610 4 years ago

I got to play the Munster's at Allentown and it was a lot of fun. My question is, why do owners quickly put this game up for sale shortly after buying it? Did the novelty wear off, impulse buy, or is it just a boring game to play?

#3611 4 years ago

Ok so now that I'm back on my feet again, taking a stab at making yet another mod. This is my mark up model, input and thoughts would greatly help.

Going to make spot more pronounced going to light his eyes green which will be on steady, and the fire from his nose when spot is hit. In addition not sure yet but also thinking about maybe a soft green light in his mouth like some images I have found. Thoughts????

Pinball-Munsters-14 copy (resized).jpgPinball-Munsters-14 copy (resized).jpgfictional-locations-mockingbird-heights-munsters-spot-dragon-stairs (resized).jpgfictional-locations-mockingbird-heights-munsters-spot-dragon-stairs (resized).jpg140159793e7643040e1ef3c2917f0818 (resized).jpg140159793e7643040e1ef3c2917f0818 (resized).jpg
#3612 4 years ago

Ok so now that I'm back on my feet again, taking a stab at making yet another mod. This is my mark up model, input and thoughts would greatly help.
Going to make spot more pronounced going to light his eyes green which will be on steady, and the fire from his nose when spot is hit. In addition not sure yet but also thinking about maybe a soft green light in his mouth like some images I have found. Thoughts????[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think is a lot of work for something that is rarely seen during gameplay. Also, I think it could just wind up looking like one green glob.

I also realize I could be completely wrong.

#3613 4 years ago

I'd be in for this mod!

#3614 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

I'd be in for this mod!

Me too

#3615 4 years ago

I'm going to drill one out and install the lighted eyes and nostrils first without the mouth light. Hook it up and see the effects in the machine and during game play, if it looks great awesome if not I'll unplug it lol. Give me a week or so to work on this, going to try to buy a new spot head first before doing so.

#3616 4 years ago

Going to make spot more pronounced going to light his eyes green which will be on steady, and the fire from his nose when spot is hit. In addition not sure yet but also thinking about maybe a soft green light in his mouth like some images I have found. Thoughts????[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sounds great.

Was literally looking at spot yesterday thinking he needs to be lit. Was actually thinking a Bicycle Girl style spot light was needed, but your idea might be better.

#3617 4 years ago

Grampa mod from Mod Couple $75. left arm fell Victim to a solid line drive airball reattached and Works perfect.

Pm if interested.

791D437F-8C51-45BF-B826-FCB170104ADF (resized).jpeg791D437F-8C51-45BF-B826-FCB170104ADF (resized).jpeg

#3618 4 years ago

I'll take it

#3619 4 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

I got to play the Munster's at Allentown and it was a lot of fun. My question is, why do owners quickly put this game up for sale shortly after buying it? Did the novelty wear off, impulse buy, or is it just a boring game to play?

Probably asked 20 times across the threads. One of the below apply:

a) must have "next new shiney" and people turn ALL new games at a pretty good pace upon release.
b) impulse buy because of hype....really can't afford another machine, and it's gotta go
c) believed and bought the hype, machine didn't shit gold bricks, so off it goes. This machine got amazing hype and hate before it was ever released.
d) (and "my" only theory) - this game is built around an amazing, lower playfield. If you don't like it, you won't like the game, hence the pros are at a disadvantage.

Advise (fwiw...zero) - play the game, if you can afford/ like it, buy it. If not, don't. ignore the rest.

#3620 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Grampa mod from Mod Couple $75. left arm feel Victim to a solid line drive airball reattached and Works perfect.
Pm if interested.
[quoted image]

Sorry to see, and sorry you lost $$$..."thou shall not buy 3d printed plastic trinkets in the line of fire"...TAF "Lester" is rubber (a similar type add).

Staircase mods, and other things I see for sale are going to break over time.

#3621 4 years ago

I'm going to drill one out and install the lighted eyes and nostrils first without the mouth light. Hook it up and see the effects in the machine and during game play, if it looks great awesome if not I'll unplug it lol. Give me a week or so to work on this, going to try to buy a new spot head first before doing so.

Like this idea (modifying an original piece)...reminds me of doc ock, and goblin light adds to SM. He would actually buy your original back after you bought his modded version. A purist approach. Can't remember who did (does that).....

#3622 4 years ago

Got a new Grand Champion score today.

IMG_20190505_172005 (resized).jpgIMG_20190505_172005 (resized).jpg

But I thought the Munster Madness score was more impressive.
IMG_20190505_172014 (resized).jpgIMG_20190505_172014 (resized).jpg

#3623 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Like this idea (modifying an original piece)...reminds me of doc ock, and goblin light adds to SM. He would actually buy your original back after you bought his modded version. A purist approach. Can't remember who did (does that).....

I don’t recall that mod but never had a SM. I did do the first lighted Gandalf staff mod and folks wanted that so I taught a few how to make them for at that time I was full time employed LEO and my hours were crazy and couldn’t handle orders.

I also did the lighted gun flashers on Williams IJ using the ultimate soldier plane instead, that one was ok lol.

Still liked Gandalf the best, let’s see how we now do here.

#3624 4 years ago

Sold. Thx John

-Frank

#3625 4 years ago

Well As some may know from reading my last post my micro switch broke on Grandpa's scoop last Friday. Was really bummed out I couldn't play the game, then got to thinking, hey my Ghostbusters has the same scoop, why not just take the switch out of that game until I get a replacement from Stern. So that's what I did today, rapped my Ghostbusters to get my Munster's back on line, that's how addicting this game is for me.

Well then it happened, with the game back on line on my 4th game today this happened, best game ever! Lasted about 30 minutes. My game is set up for 5 ball play, and I got two extra balls during the game. I heard sounds coming from the game I hadn't heard before, and I was making all the right shots, I was in the zone! It might not ever happen again, but it was a shit load of fun!

While I was at it I changed out the balls that came with the game as they were all flat spotted, look at the photo I took of one of the balls, you can see small facets on it. Maybe changing to some new balls was the key to my great score, most likely not and more luck than anythimg else!

20190505_172332 (resized).jpg20190505_172332 (resized).jpg20190505_185648 (resized).jpg20190505_185648 (resized).jpg20190505_185728 (resized).jpg20190505_185728 (resized).jpg

#3626 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Well As some may know from reading my last post my micro switch broke on Grandpa's scoop last Friday. Was really bummed out I couldn't play the game, then got to thinking, hey my Ghostbusters has the same scoop, why not just take the switch out of that game until I get a replacement from Stern. So that's what I did today, rapped my Ghostbusters to get my Munster's back on line, that's how addicting this game is for me.
Well then it happened, with the game back on line on my 4th game today this happened, best game ever! Lasted about 30 minutes. My game is set up for 5 ball play, and I got two extra balls during the game. I heard sounds coming from the game I hadn't heard before, and I was making all the right shots, I was in the zone! It might not ever happen again, but it was a shit load of fun!
While I was at it I changed out the balls that came with the game as they were all flat spotted, look at the photo I took of one of the balls, you can see small facets on it. Maybe changing to some new balls was the key to my great score, most likely not and more luck than anythimg else!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unbelievable.....wow! Are you on the latest code or the original code Pinhead?

#3627 4 years ago

The crazy scoring might still be in the game, just in Munster madness II instead of Munster Madness I like older code.

#3628 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How long time wise was your game? Was it a long game or about normal with some scoring issues? Not trying to discredit your score or your abilities but more curiosity than anything else !

#3629 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Probably asked 20 times across the threads. One of the below apply:
d) (and "my" only theory) - this game is built around an amazing, lower playfield. If you don't like it, you won't like the game, hence the pros are at a disadvantage.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I was not thrilled with the lower PF - just was not fun
Not worth it to me and the issues it may cause.
I liked the pro better.

So I didn't love the lower PF but liked the game when I played the Pro

#3630 4 years ago

the more I play the lower pf the more I'm glad I bought a pro!!!!that basement gets old real fast!!!

#3631 4 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Playdium , I have an LE, and for me, im just not that into it. and sure, I would love to play it first before buying, but with some of the LE's if you aren't in early, you cant get one. So that's the risk I take. Normally you don't lose much, but with the market the way it is now, that is a risk I take.

FWIW, I am an LE buyer because I love to powdercoat my armor, and love HD glass. if I do that to a premium, then im really not out much more to just go LE in the first place.

I don't hate the game, its just not one that I see keeping long term. I kind of feel the same way about my Star Wars. just my .02

#3632 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

the more I play the lower pf the more I'm glad I bought a pro!!!!that basement gets old real fast!!!

Your statement confuses me. If you own a Pro where are you getting in all the time the basement?

#3633 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Your statement confuses me. If you own a Pro where are you getting in all the time the basement?

I have a friend with a premium and I play a few tournaments a week and play the Le on location.I would say I have 50+ games on a pre or Le.after about 10 games of the super skill shot to the basement I quit going for it because I didn't want to play the mini playfield more than necessary. If I owned a pre or Le the basement would be disabled.

#3634 4 years ago

It is probably the best mini playfield ever but at the end of the day it's still a mini playfield.....

#3635 4 years ago

Love the lower playfield. A VUK with wire form, an orbit, a plastic ramp, a bash toy, and a multi-ball. Plus awesome artwork.

In my opinion, the best mini-playfield out there. Is the reason I bought the game.

#3636 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Maybe I am in the minority, but I was not thrilled with the lower PF - just was not fun
Not worth it to me and the issues it may cause.
I liked the pro better.
So I didn't love the lower PF but liked the game when I played the Pro

Quoted from Puffdanny:

Note that reason "d)" was on a speculative opinion on my part. If you like the pro (as I'm sure many do) than you like the game....not fitting in my response to the redundant question "why are so many of these for sale".

#3637 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Love the lower playfield. A VUK with wire form, an orbit, a plastic ramp, a bash toy, and a multi-ball. Plus awesome artwork.
In my opinion, the best mini-playfield out there. Is the reason I bought the game.

Its the only lower playfield that ive ever liked period.

#3638 4 years ago

Wondering if tomorrows State of the Union Address from Stern will touch on any of the rumblings many have heard about the code rework/rewrite or however they wish to call it

#3639 4 years ago

Wondering if tomorrows State of the Union Address from Stern will touch on any of the rumblings many have heard about the code rework/rewrite or however they wish to call it

Sure hope they don't miss the opportunity.

#3640 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Sure hope they don't miss the opportunity.

I think if Gary blow this opportunity, he is going to miss a lot of potential sales that are waiting in the wings.

#3641 4 years ago

Monday morning Jones cure. I spend the weekends at my girlfriend's most of the time. All weekend long I was ready for Monday to get here so I could play some Munsters.

Observations:

Twins: I had a multi-ball going and sent a ball up both ramps at the sane time. That was very satisfying for my adolescent self.

1) Using the voice of Paul Lynde as the game caller and player's tormentor-in-general was a master stroke, IMO. You would have to be a baby boomer and remember Paul Lynde's guest appearances on several 60s TV shows to really appreciate his brand of humor. I always liked his act.

2) The above said, I did not get Paul taunting me very much this morning. So, I am thinking there is a fairly deep bench of sound callouts that will help to keep the callouts somewhat fresh and not "overused". To tell the truth, I kind of missed of hearing Paul tell me I screwed up the action.

2) I do not get very many sneaky, greedy, GFY outlane drains. Sure, the outlanes suck down some balls, but I more than likely to experience a great flipper shot that somehow got by me. For me, that is a very big PLUS 1. I hate greedy, drain-o-matic outlanes.

3) Normally, I do not go for the pins that turn out the lights as a method of increasing complexity by making it harder to see the ball. Munsters does play this turn-out-the-lights action but it is not obtrusive, IMO.

4) Some people are unhappy with the Lily and Dragula targets and disappointed the were no drop targets. I understand that. But I am not the best pinball player and if Lily was a set of four drop targets making the two lowest targets would be an almost impossible task; This would distance the pin from the average player, IMO. I like fast pins and I like pins that are not easy; I can't speak for others, but I don't want a pin that is so frigging difficult that I can't play it.

So, instead of four drop targets, we get one oversized standup target. For Dragula, considering the amount of play field space available, the drop targets would have to be small and then would be hitting 2 or 3 at one time.

I'm cool with two oversized standup targets.

More later.

#3642 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Unbelievable.....wow! Are you on the latest code or the original code Pinhead?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

The crazy scoring might still be in the game, just in Munster madness II instead of Munster Madness I like older code

How long time wise was your game? Was it a long game or about normal with some scoring issues? Not trying to discredit your score or your abilities but more curiosity than anything else !

Still running V0.91.0 code, so still have M/Madness level I scoring, which might be the contributor to the scoring. The game lasted about 20-25 minutes, but M/Madness was long as I was able to keep 3 balls in play for what I think was about 5-8 minutes. I was very busy as one can imagine only looking at the game info on random opportunity, the score jumped up like 350 mil in what seemed like only a minute or two, then again 200 mil more towards then end. If it is a coding or scoring error then this is the first I've seen it on my game, then again I've never been able to keep 3 balls in play for that amount of ti e and make the shots I did. I'm an average player that on occasion can have some extended high scoring games, but this game did surprise me and blew me away. Had to sit down and relax for a few minutes after, my brain was fried

#3643 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Game was 20-25 minutes, longest game I've had on Munsters to date (about 500 games now). My games typically average 10-15 minutes and 125 - 150 million range. Keep in mind my game is set to 5 ball play with narrow outlanes, and 12 second ball save. Most of my scoring takes place on ball 3-5, and most games I score the extra ball, so I'm really playing a 6 ball game, double that of what most everyone is playing (3 ball). In all fairness that score would have been way less if I was playing a factory set game.

So in summary, did I really earn or deserve that score, maybe not when compared to factory set up game, but you know it sure was fun! If it was a scoring code error, not sure maybe chuckwurt might be able to shed some light into that.

#3644 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Still running V0.91.0 code, so still have M/Madness level I scoring, which might be the contributor to the scoring.

For sure. Especially since you had a long MM. once you get to the hurry ups, the scoring is broken and gives you hundreds of millions when it should be much much less. It’s fixed now.

#3645 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For sure. Especially since you had a long MM. once you get to the hurry ups, the scoring is broken and gives you hundreds of millions when it should be much much less. It’s fixed now.

Thanks, that explains it then. So if I upload the new code most of the scoring opportunity shifts to M/Madness level II correct?

#3646 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thanks, that explains it then. So if I upload the new code most of the scoring opportunity shifts to M/Madness level II correct?

No. What you experienced was a bug. It’s my understanding from talking to Dwight that he fixed that bug and moved the rules from MM I to MM II and then added a different ruleset to MM I to make it easier to follow.

#3647 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. What you experienced was a bug. It’s my understanding from talking to Dwight that he fixed that bug and moved the rules from MM I to MM II and then added a different ruleset to MM I to make it easier to follow.

Well as Herman has said to me on occasion playing this game, Darn Darn darn!!!!

When I get my Premium later this week I will check to make sure it has the latest code, it should seeing it left the factory last week. Thanks Chuck!

#3648 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Put a few mods on my premium. Side rails, titan clear rubbers, grandpa. Cup holder.
[quoted image]

Great work! A beauty! Can't wait to get mine this coming weekend.
I absolutely adore those side-rails you put on. Can anyone tell me where they are from? The black/white web with the Mockingbird address cut out down down the side? I can't seem to find them online anywhere.
Thanks,
Chris

#3649 4 years ago

Sounds like an epic game. But 5 Ball with 2 extra balls on .91 scoring is way off balance. That old code had a score bug in MM from what I remember. Still amazing score conisdering my few occurances to break 100mill on factory.

#3650 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

So it sounds like your game would have been about 10 million on the new code John?

Just kidding buddy, still a great game you had!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/73?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.