Topic Stats

• 5,842 posts
  • 347 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by Thunderbird
  • Topic is favorited by 126 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,125 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

55EC86A2-4E8A-4186-ABE5-6D2665D53AE5 (resized).jpeg
Munsters - Coin Door (resized).jpg
B924C20C-C4AA-443B-B759-F02E94955948 (resized).jpeg
BFE07B21-00EE-4267-B3CD-39BB55EF7DEE (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190919_242710238_HDR (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 10.46.53 PM (resized).png
5091A32D-9EC8-42A6-BB53-78ABBE0D1A65 (resized).jpeg
3DBE3F65-4918-46E7-9103-7F49076528AA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190914_121555821 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190914_122924587 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190914_122926166 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190913_211557098 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190913_211719592 (resized).jpg
AC56DE5A-A718-497D-974D-699B01F89B12 (resized).jpeg
A21C8720-53A1-444B-AF06-DFC907004066 (resized).jpeg
E6C33A3A-A91B-48FA-99BE-B24586929DE2 (resized).jpeg

There are 5842 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 117.
#3551 4 months ago

Those of you planning to replace the lower wire ramp, plan on major surgery. Chas did send the revisted part right away – but didn't give me any instructions and wow. It's layered in there big time.

Was hoping to do this from the top and first took the plexiglass off (you need Torq wrenches! Tried an Allen wrench first, but miracles happened when I put the torque wrench in there) but ended up having to take the lower playfield out.

The good news is the lower play field is super easy to get out. The bad news is the ramp is attached to the third layer down.

Thought I would show you as well - the difference between the old ramp and the new one is they simply cut the metal ring where my thumb is.

Not sure why Stern hasn't done a service bulletin on this – or informed all owners. Seems like it's kind of a big deal.

Anyway, getting it done tonight so let me know if you guys need any help.

IMG_4934 (resized).JPGIMG_4936 (resized).JPGIMG_4937 (resized).JPGIMG_4938 (resized).JPGIMG_4939 (resized).JPG

#3552 4 months ago

It did not rain today. My neighbor came over and helped get this beast out of the car. It is heavy. I am up and running. I played a few games and have a good time; I don't know what I am doing yet. But this pin is going to be played. These guys who come on to sell and pin and say it has only 300 plays are not me. I'll have 300 plays in this one inside of a week

Observations:

1) With the lock bar off, I can see why the lockdown receiver had to go away. No way to have a Zap button and an old school lockdown bar.

IMG_0737 (resized).JPG

2) I don't care for the shaker motor. Will it hurt anything if I go ahead and unplug it?

3) I had to remove the backbox for transport. This was not hard to do. I like the way the back box is bolted down on the back side.

4) So far, the only physical engineering issue I have is the location of the on-off switch.

5) I do like the mini-play field. It is a small part of the game but it is fun.

=======================================

CODE

It will be a long time before I ever get good enough to worry about code. Hell, my Robocop is all about getting 3 balls locked and getting multi-ball and it is a blast to play.

So, people are bitching about code. And one guy is whining about the code on Ghostbusters not being finished. And earlier today I was reading up on Wheel of Fortune since I had an opportunity to play one of those. And somebody was crying about the code on that pin. It is all lost on me. I"d like to have a WOF.

===================================

I'll ask one more time. I do not care for the shaker motor. Can I disconnect the shaker motor without causing damage?

#3553 4 months ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I took off the plastic cover last week and cleaned the lower playfield, so far the dust hasn't come back.

Same for me. Chas said that it’s dust from the lower PF flipper coils. Maybe they just have a lot off the line and then not as much after that. He says engineering is working on a fix.

#3554 4 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It did not rain today. My neighbor came over and helped get this beast out of the car. It is heavy. I am up and running. I played a few games and have a good time; I don't know what I am doing yet. But this pin is going to be played. These guys who come on to sell and pin and say it has only 300 plays are not me. I'll have 300 plays in this one inside of a week
Observations:
1) With the lock bar off, I can see why the lockdown receiver had to go away. No way to have a Zap button and an old school lockdown bar.
[quoted image]
2) I don't care for the shaker motor. Will it hurt anything if I go ahead and unplug it?
3) I had to remove the backbox for transport. This was not hard to do. I like the way the back box is bolted down on the back side.
4) So far, the only physical engineering issue I have is the location of the on-off switch.
5) I do like the mini-play field. It is a small part of the game but it is fun.
=======================================
CODE
It will be a long time before I ever get good enough to worry about code. Hell, my Robocop is all about getting 3 balls locked and getting multi-ball and it is a blast to play.
So, people are bitching about code. And one guy is whining about the code on Ghostbusters not being finished. And earlier today I was reading up on Wheel of Fortune since I had an opportunity to play one of those. And somebody was crying about the code on that pin. It is all lost on me. I"d like to have a WOF.
===================================
I'll ask one more time. I do not care for the shaker motor. Can I disconnect the shaker motor without causing damage?

Yes you can disconnect it. But why even bother to do that? Just go into your settings and set shaker motor to no use. Easy peasy.

#3555 4 months ago

Hey cottonm4, I suggest you go into your game adjustments and play around getting to know this new modern game, it will help you fine tune the game to your caliber of play, which could be a benefit to you in the early stages of learning the game play. Also make sure to set your flippers to soft for the lower playfield as most LE and Premium owners have done.

The good thing is that by experimenting with the many game adjustments you can continue to tweak the way the game plays, don't be afraid to experiment, and ask questions as you all ready have. Congratulations on your new modern day game!

#3556 4 months ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Those of you planning to replace the lower wire ramp, plan on major surgery. Chas did send the revisted part right away – but didn't give me any instructions and wow. It's layered in there big time.
Was hoping to do this from the top and first took the plexiglass off (you need Torq wrenches! Tried an Allen wrench first, but miracles happened when I put the torque wrench in there) but ended up having to take the lower playfield out.
The good news is the lower play field is super easy to get out. The bad news is the ramp is attached to the third layer down.
Thought I would show you as well - the difference between the old ramp and the new one is they simply cut the metal ring where my thumb is.
Not sure why Stern hasn't done a service bulletin on this – or informed all owners. Seems like it's kind of a big deal.
Anyway, getting it done tonight so let me know if you guys need any help.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you adjusting the back clear plastic (behind the electrodes)?

Also any key areas of concern as you did this?

Thx

#3557 4 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yes you can disconnect it. But why even bother to do that? Just go into your settings and set shaker motor to no use. Easy peasy.

Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hey cottonm4, I suggest you go into your game adjustments and play around getting to know this new modern game, it will help you fine tune the game to your caliber of play, which could be a benefit to you in the early stages of learning the game play. Also make sure to set your flippers to soft for the lower playfield as most LE and Premium owners have done.
The good thing is that by experimenting with the many game adjustments you can continue to tweak the way the game plays, don't be afraid to experiment, and ask questions as you all ready have. Congratulations on your new modern day game!

Thanks. This will be tomorrows project. Learning how to change the settings. I don't know what the first owner had for his set up.

I came home with #380.

IMG_0752 (resized).JPG

So far, I have not had any problems with the mini-ball getting caught in the wireform but I did have it get bumped up to the top and sitting on a ledge. I had to lean the pin over 45 degrees to get the ball to roll back onto the mini-play field.

IMG_0751 (resized).JPG

It is a beautiful play field. I did get a Munster Madness going. It is quite a light show.

IMG_0746 (resized).JPG

#3558 4 months ago

Cotton you need this to help get the balls unstuck in the lower playfield buddy. Just make sure that you power down the game when you have to use it. I wouldn't lean the game over like that, too many bad things can happen.

https://www.pinballlife.com/telescoping-magnet-tool.html

You just raise the playfield and stick it between the plastic fins on the side of the lower playfield and the ball will stick to the magnet and remove it from the area that its stuck in.

#3559 4 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Are you adjusting the back clear plastic (behind the electrodes)?
Also any key areas of concern as you did this?

I didn't know there was an issue with that plastic. Let me know while I've got the playfield torn out!

No key areas of concern other than it's not necessary to take the plexiglass off the main playfield. Figured it was like any other machine and I could repair it from the top, but not the case.

Unfortunately, once the lower playfield is out – you do have to disassemble a lot: three layers of the outer plastics (around the rim of the lower playfield) plus the plastic ramp on the right.

Stern did a good job of being able to take the lower playfield out quickly. Maybe five or six quick disconnects and four bolts.

I actually got tired of working on it and went to bed! Ha ha My project tomorrow.

Bummed that we all have to go through this. But it really stops the game. And it was happening a lot on my particular machine.

#3560 4 months ago

I thought I recognized the voice that taunts me when the ball drains.

"Already? You lost the ball already?"

"You got to be kidding me? Right? "

It is Paul Lynde.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001489/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t10

#3561 4 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I thought I recognized the voice that taunts me when the ball drains.
"Already? You lost the ball already?"
"You got to be kidding me? Right? "
It is Paul Lynde.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001489/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t10

Yup he was the doctor on Munsters.

#3562 4 months ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

I didn't know there was an issue with that plastic. Let me know while I've got the playfield torn out!
No key areas of concern other than it's not necessary to take the plexiglass off the main playfield. Figured it was like any other machine and I could repair it from the top, but not the case.
Unfortunately, once the lower playfield is out – you do have to disassemble a lot: three layers of the outer plastics (around the rim of the lower playfield) plus the plastic ramp on the right.
Stern did a good job of being able to take the lower playfield out quickly. Maybe five or six quick disconnects and four bolts.
I actually got tired of working on it and went to bed! Ha ha My project tomorrow.
Bummed that we all have to go through this. But it really stops the game. And it was happening a lot on my particular machine.

Check this out:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/61#post-4939296

#3563 4 months ago

I do have to say that working on the lower playfield made me look at the art more closely. Always love that about working on machines – you notice stuff that you never would normally.

The book of spells is cool because it's got John Borg's name on it. And the Transylvania robot parts is classic.

Awesome job Christopher Franchi!

IMG_4945 (resized).JPGIMG_4941 (resized).JPGIMG_4946 (resized).JPGIMG_4942 (resized).JPGIMG_4947 (resized).JPG
#3564 4 months ago

...then there is this classic. Why oh why, is this buried on the third layer down in the lower playfield? Can't even see it. A hidden treasure.

IMG_4943 (resized).JPG
#3565 4 months ago

Find the difference between the wire forms. Ha ha. One small cut, one significant difference.

IMG_4944 (resized).JPG
#3566 4 months ago

Good work!

#3567 4 months ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Find the difference between the wire forms. Ha ha. One small cut, one significant difference.
[quoted image]

Did I miss what this fix is for? Sorry. Lot of messages to catch up on. Is this to prevent a ball-trap spot?

#3568 4 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Man....$9k new game...and your doing major surgery..... your brave.....lol

Careful with your tone... We may have to boot you too the other thread.

#3569 4 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Careful with your tone... We may have to boot you too the other thread.

Other thread??? What thread.......

#3570 4 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Other thread??? What thread.......

Worst code ever thread where they mostly bash the game. I was mostly joking with my comment, btw.

#3571 4 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Man....$9k new game...and your doing major surgery..... your brave.....lol

My exact thoughts. Meh.

#3572 4 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Worst code ever thread where they mostly bash the game. I was mostly joking with my comment, btw.

I figured that...lol. I love this game...even though it regularly kicks my butt...

Post edited to not entice the trolls....

#3573 4 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Post edited to not entice the trolls....

Yep... I'm smelling trolls getting closer.

#3574 4 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

My exact thoughts. Meh.

Oh man, do I ever agree. Not so much bravery though, but necessity.

Seriously, check your games. If that little cut-out has already been done from the factory – you're good to go!

Otherwise, if like mine, it literally stops the game. The ball gets stuck there but the lower playfield doesn't recognize it, so it times-out (instead of launching the other mini ball) and you can never get grandpa. Then you go back in the laboratory and the ball is still stuck.

And mine was getting stuck maybe every 15 games or so. That's a lot!

But yes, I will take Brave!!

IMG_4944 (resized).JPG
#3575 4 months ago

This is the only Stern I own. Not a fan boy of any manufacturer personally.

I think the Munsters is a ton of fun to play, its easy for new or casual players, and offers enough challenge for amateurs like myself. I think the designers were very faithful to the cast and show (Igor the Bat needs more attention though)

Totally happy with this pin, mods are going in shortly. Let the haters stay in the other channel.

#3576 4 months ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Seriously, check your games. If that little cut-out has already been done from the factory – you're good to go!
Otherwise, if like mine, it literally stops the game. The ball gets stuck there but the lower playfield doesn't recognize it, so it times-out (instead of launching the other mini ball) and you can never get grandpa. Then you go back in the laboratory and the ball is still stuck.
[quoted image]

Ok that’s good to know. Still contemplating buying a premium or LE.

#3577 4 months ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

[quoted image]

I don't see that cutout on mine... its #48. I have been in the lower playfield a lot...multiple multiball and Grandpa jackboxs... never had a ball stuck in there... will keep an eye on it.

#3578 4 months ago

Since I knew I had to work on her, I ordered LED flippers buttons from Pinball Life.

She is all put back together now and working like a gem. Good thing - pinhead party tomorrow night.

Okay, enough surgery – gotta get back to work. Over and out from grandpa's laboratory!

IMG_4950 (resized).JPG
#3579 4 months ago

Just got my premium and setting it up. Came here and searched for the suggested incline and found 6.5 to 7.2? Also, is the bubble on the playfield worth anything? Is it installed backwards or something? I would have to raise the FRONT legs to get it in the middle and flatten the playfield out. lol

#3580 4 months ago

Sooo breakthrough game finally ugh
Hella fun
I finally started checking,when I could,at my multipliers and jackpots and keeping track through the modes
It finally sunk in
Also I found that nudging REALLY help keeps floaters around the outlanes IN
Crushed it

07ACC1B8-2918-47F4-83C1-EEBAB98A6C10 (resized).jpeg
#3581 4 months ago

I am others would agree,that MM multiball seems pointless with no control
I am on the fence about that still
If you hold ,as suggested many pages ago,the upper and play grandpa till it forces you back up then down again there is a way to play it out
Finally a game that had me kicking stuff around the room

Edited for just general negativity ha ha

#3582 4 months ago

Nice game Spaceman. Way better than anything ive put up so far!

#3583 4 months ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Just got my premium and setting it up. Came here and searched for the suggested incline and found 6.5 to 7.2? Also, is the bubble on the playfield worth anything? Is it installed backwards or something? I would have to raise the FRONT legs to get it in the middle and flatten the playfield out. lol

Your bubble must be installed backwards, can you post a pic? The incline should be between 6.5 and 7.0 probably.

#3584 4 months ago

This morning has been spent getting my LE adjusted and leveled for my floor. And a few other items.

I never could see the utility or any logic by using a black shooter tip as a color matching endeavor. No casual observer is going to see what color the shooter tip is. And if it is black, even the player cannot see it down inside that dark crevice called the shooter scale. A black shooter tip makes it difficult to set up skill shots because you can't see the damned thing.

IMG_0753 (resized).JPG

This is better--if you like seeing the tip.

IMG_0755 (resized).JPG

Noe you can see it.

IMG_0756 (resized).JPG
IMG_0759 (resized).JPG

==========================================

Last night I had a mini- ball get stuck up over the right hand mini-flipper. Needless to say this finishes a game.

IMG_0750 (resized).JPG

Today, I made a couple of deflectors to prevent this. These are just ugly prototypes. If they work, I'll make a pair that are a little nicer.

IMG_0764 (resized).JPG

This is a staged pic with the ball sitting behind the deflector. If this works as I think it will, this type of ball action will happen no more. The entire area behind the flippers is now protected so no ball can be taken out of play by getting stuck where it is not supposed to be.

IMG_0764 (resized).JPG

==================================

The factory's fix for the mini- ball getting stuck under that wire form is cleaner than what I have come up with, but this deflector works. It was easy to install by removing one screw.

IMG_0767 (resized).JPG

=========================

With everything back together, and the protective peel coating removed from my deflectors, they hide pretty well and are not obtrusive during game play. When I am playing I don't even see them.

IMG_0770 (resized).JPG

With the game all leveled up and the flippers adjusted, this pin pretty much kicks ass.

#3585 4 months ago

Munster's Pinball "cousin" moved in today

munstslot (resized).jpg

#3586 4 months ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Munster's "cousin" moved in today
[quoted image]

Woah!

#3587 4 months ago

Finished with the topper today.

#3588 4 months ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Munster's "cousin" moved in today
[quoted image]

SWEET!!!

#3589 4 months ago

Looking at everyone's high scores for modes and overall- am I the only one that changes initials from 3 to 10 characters?

You can do it on all Stern games since about POTC....

#3590 4 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

Looking at everyone's high scores for modes and overall- am I the only one that changes initials from 3 to 10 characters?

I keep meaning to change that

#3591 4 months ago

Was playing my game this evening and was having one of my best games ever, then this happened. Broken connection on the micro switch Grandpa’s scoop, game over baby as any shots made to the scoop would not register. Going to order a new switch as the lug broke off the switch, no way to fix that kind of failure.
20190503_180145_001 (resized).jpg20190503_180325 (resized).jpg

When I install the new switch I will most likey use some non formaldehyde silicone (for electronics) around the wiring and base of the switch to stabilize that connection so this doesn't happen again. Having one of these micro switches on hand as a spare might be a good idea for any others out there as this might be one of those areas that fatigue after so many games or hits to that scoop.

#3592 4 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

I find it annoying when it’s on 10 characters, much prefer the 3.

#3593 4 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Was playing my game this evening and was having one of my best games ever, then this happened. Broken connection on the micro switch Grandpa’s scoop, game over baby as any shots made to the scoop would not register. Going to order a new switch as the lug broke off the switch, no way to fix that kind of failure.
[quoted image][quoted image]
When I install the new switch I will most likey use some non formaldehyde silicone (for electronics) around the wiring and base of the switch to stabilize that connection so this doesn't happen again. Having one of these micro switches on hand as a spare might be a good idea for any others out there as this might be one of those areas that fatigue after so many games or hits to that scoop.

You blew the game up John....literally!

#3594 4 months ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

Finished with the topper today.

That topper alone makes me wanna buy this pin. Is it for sale? Price?

#3595 4 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

That topper alone makes me wanna buy this pin. Is it for sale? Price?

It was a homemade deal.

Sheet of acrylic was about $30. I hand engraved it as I do not have access to a CNC or laser engraver. My wife especially likes the bats.

Strip of 36 LED lights run by an Arduino programmed to color change with random color lighting effect. Every minute or so, a random bright lightning flash effect hits to draw more attention.

Munsters house kit, coach diecast, and HO scale trees all sourced and put together.

#3596 4 months ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

It was a homemade deal.
Sheet of acrylic was about $30. I hand engraved it as I do not have access to a CNC or laser engraver. My wife especially likes the bats.
Strip of 36 LED lights run by an Arduino programmed to color change with random color lighting effect. Every minute or so, a random bright lightning flash effect hits to draw more attention.
Munsters house kit, coach diecast, and HO scale trees all sourced and put together.

Very well done! Especially like the clean look and the random lighting effect.

#3597 4 months ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Since I knew I had to work on her, I ordered LED flippers buttons from Pinball Life.
She is all put back together now and working like a gem. Good thing - pinhead party tomorrow night.
Okay, enough surgery – gotta get back to work. Over and out from grandpa's laboratory!
[quoted image]

How hard is install of LED flippers? Ordered a set...

#3598 4 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

How hard is install of LED flippers? Ordered a set...

Very easy. Takes maybe 20 minutes. One simple connection to the 'ticket' connect on the board near the coin door. The rest is just installing the buttons and wrapping up the extra wiring.

Love this mod. Good luck!

#3599 4 months ago

One of the mod companies has an installation video onYouTube

#3600 4 months ago

Still looking for help on this speaker lights mod. I would like to install speaker lights in a Munsters Le like the one in the photo attached
where the LEDs run around the speaker instead of the rectangle housing. No one seems to know where to purchase a kit. If is a custom built set up I'm willing to do the work if I knew what parts were needed. The sad thing is the gentleman that owns the Munsters LE unit in picture attached could put this thing to rest in seconds but he not responding to my pm's so it must be some sort of secret he is not willing to share. It would have saved me a lot of headaches but not a big deal at all I just though the pinsider community was tighter. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I'll take the time to figure it out.

John

Screenshot_20190430-202246_Chrome (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 5842 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 117.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside