IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 237.
#3501 4 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Can anyone with a premium tell me if their apron lights up? It appears there is wire going under there with an led, but I've never seen them come on.

Yes they do, both sides.

#3502 4 years ago

Are the apron lights on all the time, or are they tied to a certain mode I haven't seen?

#3503 4 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Are the apron lights on all the time, or are they tied to a certain mode I haven't seen?

They seem to be tied in with the GI and on all the time

#3504 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Why didn’t you remove those fugly washers?

Not sure really, maybe just left it for the added barrier of protection.........

#3505 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Here are a few shots of the Little Shop of Games protectors on the premium leaving all of the original hardware installed as well

Thanks very much for doing that. You're a great photographer! Answered my questions. On order

#3506 4 years ago

Not sure really, maybe just left it for the added barrier of protection.........

Yeah, just protect them protectors.....

#3507 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Thanks very much for doing that. You're a great photographer! Answered my questions. On order

Ordered as well.....

#3508 4 years ago

Found the problem with my apron not lighting up. The Z connector was disconnected from the factory. Plugged it back in and it lights up now. Looks way better!

5C29B7FF-52C9-4CE5-AD3D-9910A74DEAF6 (resized).jpeg5C29B7FF-52C9-4CE5-AD3D-9910A74DEAF6 (resized).jpeg
#3509 4 years ago

cottonm4: Did you grab a Premium?

Well, I lied. I did not buy a Premium.

Someone was tired of their LE so I snapped it up. My neighbor is at work and i need help to unload. Plus it has been raining while I was away and today it is overcast with light sprinkles. The rain could let loose anytime. Hoping the sun shines tomorrow.

And, yes, this is my first "new" pin. I'm sure I will have some questions once I get up and running.

Here is a peek.

IMG_0734 (resized).JPGIMG_0734 (resized).JPG

#3510 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

As others have said this is old news. And a big fat fail as you say.
There is another option to consider if you can’t get to the switch — plug the game into a Wemo or Alexa outlet and control the power with your phone/voice. I do something similar with all my pins (I use Control4 which is overkill if that’s all you’re going to do).

Quoted from JMCFAN:

$12 easy fix...
amazon.com link »

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Fosmon-Electrical-Weatherproof-Included/dp/B072F9DGRL/ref=sr_1_6

OK. I'll have to go this route. I don't know anything about remotes. Looks like I'm going to learn. Something else to buy. And a remote control to lose

#3511 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Someone was tired of their LE so I snapped it up. My neighbor is at work and i need help to unload. Plus it has been raining while I was away and today it is overcast with light sprinkles. The rain could let loose anytime. Hoping the sun shines tomorrow.
And, yes, this is my first "new" pin. I'm sure I will have some questions once I get up and running.
Here is a peek.
[quoted image]

Wow an LE, very nice brother!

You are going to love it Cotton.

#3512 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

amazon.com link »
OK. I'll have to go this route. I don't know anything about remotes. Looks like I'm going to learn. Something else to buy. And a remote control to lose

Yes... Remotes can be intimidating.

#3513 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is a peek.
[quoted image]

Dude good move perfect time to buy

#3514 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is a peek.
[quoted image]

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

#3515 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is a peek.
[quoted image]

Congrats!!! while the premium is gorgeous, I have zero regrets, and personally prefer the LE. Find myself just staring at it sometimes...looks that good to me....

#3516 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I didn’t go the remote route because it’s one more thing to lose. I always have my phone or voice with me though ...

But a remote is better than nothing.

#3517 4 years ago

Well Stern sent me a Herman replacement plastic very quickly, and I just installed the last of the nine piece green plastic protector set. Thank you very much to Death Himself who talked me through the process over two days! They are all installed correctly, however I broke my Herman spotlight and have to order one from Stern now.

#3518 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Yes... Remotes can be intimidating.

I also use Alexa Smart Plugs to turn on and off all my game room equipment. Works great.

#3519 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I didn’t go the remote route because it’s one more thing to lose. I always have my phone or voice with me though ...
But a remote is better than nothing.

Quoted from GamerRick:

I also use Alexa Smart Plugs to turn on and off all my game room equipment. Works great.

I'm guessing to use these Alexa plugs I have to buy an Amazon Alexa? Correct?

===============================

K.I.S.S Engineering

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

"The principle is best exemplified by the story of Johnson handing a team of design engineers a handful of tools, with the challenge that the jet aircraft they were designing must be repairable by an average mechanic in the field under combat conditions with only these tools. "
===================================================

The engineering that replaced a nice solid lockdown bar with a couple spring straps I would call cost cutting engineering. Instead of a Cadillac you now have a Yugo. It works but it could be better; Be more robust.

This switch being moved to an inaccessible location, ostensibly to cut costs, is something I would qualify as stick-it-to-your-customer type engineering. The equivalent would be to remove the starter from your car and replace it with a Model T hand crank. It is a step backwards.

Don't get me wrong. I am going to enjoy this game. I'm not sorry I bought it, but this unnecessary switch movement business pisses me off.

#3520 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

K.I.S.S Engineering
"The principle is best exemplified by the story of Johnson handing a team of design engineers a handful of tools, with the challenge that the jet aircraft they were designing must be repairable by an average mechanic in the field under combat conditions with only these tools. "
The engineering that replaced a nice solid lockdown bar with a couple spring straps I would call cost cutting engineering. Instead of a Cadillac you now have a Yugo. It works but it could be better; Be more robust.
This switch being moved to an inaccessible location, ostensibly to cut costs, is something I would qualify as stick-it-to-your-customer type engineering. The equivalent would be to remove the starter from your car and replace it with a Model T hand crank. It is a step backwards.
Don't get me wrong. I am going to enjoy this game. I'm not sorry I bought it, but this unnecessary switch movement business pisses me off.

Model Ts had an electric starter beginning in 1919. They tried to improve and add features over time until the last one rolled off the line in 1927.

But I digress.

#3521 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes. But you can get an Echo Dot for like 20 bucks works the same it’s all Alexa
K.I.S.S Engineering

#3522 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

GamerRick

So.... all ya do is .....
Buy a smartplug.
Plug it in to power point.
Install some phone app ?
Connect to Wifi.
Use phone app to turn game one.
?????????????????
Rinse, repeat for each machine?

If all above is correct, can you also name/ label each machine in the app ?

And, you don't need Google Home at all up to that point BUT if you do Google Home and run Alexa you can then further add voice command...." Alexa , turn on Munsters" as an example?

Or am I dreaming?

#3523 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

GamerRick
Buy a smartplug.
Install some phone app ?
Connect to Wifi.
?????????????????
And, you don't need Google Home at all up to that point BUT if you do Google Home and run Alexa you can then further add voice command...." Alexa , turn on Munsters" as an example?
Or am I dreaming?

You are not dreaming. I have 15 pins all on Wemo switches (I chose Wemo because it works with both Alexa and my iPhone homekit which allows me more flexibility for the future if necessary, but I digress). Each smart switch is labeled with the pin name.

Anyway, I can walk into my gameroom and say "Alexa turn on Munsters"... or "Alexa, let's play pinball"... for the latter, Alexa runs through a routine I setup that turns each switch on individually (so as not to overload the circuits by turning them all on at once). When I chose the routine to turn on all pinball, alexa announces the name of each game, sometimes with a commentary. Like, when she turns on Gorgar, she says "and now for one of my personal favorites, Gorgar". I haven't yet, but I can setup routines to say "Alexa, turn on my 3 favorite pins" and have her turn on just those. Or, "Alexa, turn on the 90's pins"... the possibilities are endless.

If you're a trekkie, you can actually put the Echo dot into a simulated star trek Enterprise computer mockup and change the wake word for Alexa to "Computer"... then you can say "Computer, prepare for warp speed!!"

Total cost for all of this was about the same as one colordmd, but can be done a bit cheaper if you choose some of the cheap switches on Amazon that only work with alexa.

#3524 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

K.I.S.S Engineering

I dont know why but i love the lockdown bars now compared to the older games. Im kinda weird though sometimes.

#3525 4 years ago

Added a Munsters Premium to my lineup tonight.

Side drains are about to get modded. They are embarrassing. Looks like a simple, but fun game. We shall see...
pin-lineup-050119 (resized).jpgpin-lineup-050119 (resized).jpg

#3526 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont know why but i love the lockdown bars now compared to the older games. Im kinda weird though sometimes.

It’s honestly weird if you prefer the old style. The current design is SO much better. So much more secure, and I don’t know how it would ever break. And if it did, the fix is super cheap.

#3527 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s honestly weird if you prefer the old style. The current design is SO much better. So much more secure, and I don’t know how it would ever break. And if it did, the fix is super cheap.

I actually like the old style as well, but in use, the new one is fine.....

zero issues for me w power switch location on Spike games. Engineering change put the power supply in the backbox, not cabinet bottom. Extremely accessible now from a service standpoint..no biggie. Still enjoy flipping the switch to turn my games on and off analog.

Used to laugh when people talked to Siri on their phone and actually thought they were talking directly to their device. No thanks. My info is shared enough w my phone and computer, I choose to keep my house activities out of it.

#3528 4 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Added a Munsters Premium to my lineup tonight.
Side drains are about to get modded. They are embarrassing. Looks like a simple, but fun game. We shall see...
[quoted image]

Your floor is amazing. Haha

#3529 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

You are not dreaming. I have 15 pins all on Wemo switches (I chose Wemo because it works with both Alexa and my iPhone homekit which allows me more flexibility for the future if necessary, but I digress). Each smart switch is labeled with the pin name.
Anyway, I can walk into my gameroom and say "Alexa turn on Munsters"... or "Alexa, let's play pinball"... for the latter, Alexa runs through a routine I setup that turns each switch on individually (so as not to overload the circuits by turning them all on at once). When I chose the routine to turn on all pinball, alexa announces the name of each game, sometimes with a commentary. Like, when she turns on Gorgar, she says "and now for one of my personal favorites, Gorgar". I haven't yet, but I can setup routines to say "Alexa, turn on my 3 favorite pins" and have her turn on just those. Or, "Alexa, turn on the 90's pins"... the possibilities are endless.
If you're a trekkie, you can actually put the Echo dot into a simulated star trek Enterprise computer mockup and change the wake word for Alexa to "Computer"... then you can say "Computer, prepare for warp speed!!"
Total cost for all of this was about the same as one colordmd, but can be done a bit cheaper if you choose some of the cheap switches on Amazon that only work with alexa.

Many thanks for explanation of all that

#3530 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

GamerRick
Buy a smartplug.
Install some phone app ?
Connect to Wifi.
?????????????????
Or am I dreaming?

If you use Alexa, you need the app at least one Alexa device then your name your device and it will be controlled by the name you give it by voice commands. You can also set up a group, and have multiple things turned on at the same time.

#3531 4 years ago

Not to derail the Alexia conversation lol, I wonder if putting a 1/2" by 1.5" long strip of the softer side of Velcro around the top curve of the extra time ramp in the lower PF, will it slow it down enough to register most of the times.

#3532 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

GamerRick
Buy a smartplug.
Install some phone app ?
Connect to Wifi.
?????????????????
Or am I dreaming?

I don’t think I was clear enough on your question. You don’t need Google to do it. Google is just an alternative home control system. You can use either, I like Alexa. So all you need is a single Alexa device, one Alexa smart plug for each device you want to control, and then you just find the plug on your Wi-Fi and name it and if you want you can set up a group to control more than one thing at the same time it’s all pretty straightforward. I have one command to turn on all my game room equipment, my lights, and my game room sign. But that’s just the group command, you can also control each item individually as long as you give different names.

#3533 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is a peek.
[quoted image]

It is raining again, today. I'd like to be able to unload and set up before the excitement wears off

Weather forecast is as follows

Friday: Rain
SAt: Sunny
Sun: partially cloudy
Mon: Rain
Tues: Rain
Wed: Rain

Looks like Saturday might be my only chance.

#3534 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It is raining again, today. I'd like to be able to unload and set up before the excitement wears off
Weather forecast is as follows
Friday: Rain
SAt: Sunny
Sun: partially cloudy
Mon: Rain
Tues: Rain
Wed: Rain
Looks like Saturday might be my only chance.

Put a blanket on that beast

#3535 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'd like to be able to unload and set up before the excitement wears off

You could always wait until the new code drops

Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Put a blanket on that beast

exactly, or a cheap painters plastic tarp and move it in.

#3536 4 years ago

What?? Do you have a NIB Munsters sitting outside, cottonm4 ?!?

#3537 4 years ago

You could always wait until the new code drops

exactly, or a cheap painters plastic tarp and move it in.

Yeah... It won't melt. Despite what that other thread says... It's not made of shit.

#3538 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Despite what that other thread says... It's not made of shit.

Exactly, only the code is made of shit, not the actual game.

#3539 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Exactly, only the code is made of shit, not the actual game.

LoL.. You must have read that other thread. I made the mistake of posting in it, only to realize that was not a constructive thread.

#3540 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

only to realize that was not a constructive thread

Well if Stern did indeed tell Dwight to revisit and rework the code, then it was constructive....by accident lol.

#3541 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

LoL.. You must have read that other thread. I made the mistake of posting in it, only to realize that was not a constructive thread.

Yeah thats what i was talking about, all the haters over there. I played a few games last nite and had a great time, bad code and all.

#3542 4 years ago

Well if Stern did indeed tell Dwight to revisit and rework the code, then it was constructive....by accident lol.

We will probably get some more i have a feeling. I still love the game the way it is now but a little more would be the icing on the cake. Then ALL of the haters would if course rush out and buy this game.......yeah right!

#3543 4 years ago

Feels good after a day of fighting granpa's lab to hit 2 or more shots let alone the mystery. Then coming back and blowing up the lab collecting the super jackpot.. plus the zap and mystery jackpots. Gotta get all them granpa shots guys.

#3544 4 years ago

I'm sure most of you have had the issue with the Static Electricity and lower playfield attracting dust like a magnet.

A few post back I recall reading more details about this but haven't seen anything about it lately. Nor have I seen
anything on Stern's website about it.

Anyone have any ideas? How to cure this.

#3545 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We will probably get some more i have a feeling. I still love the game the way it is now but a little more would be the icing on the cake. Then ALL of the haters would if course rush out and buy this game.......yeah right!

Haters gonna hate, is what it is.....thing could make $1 bills, and someone would complain "why aren't they $5's?"

Has never had an effect on how I choose my games....last time I checked, it's me buying for me. If someone wants to contribute, then maybe I'd pay more attention.

Both hate and fanboy threads are fun (sometimes), until they start attacking "people" for liking a game they don't ("poor player", "must be rich", etc.). That's when it gets a bit irritating, but whatever.....

#3546 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I'm sure most of you have had the issue with the Static Electricity and lower playfield attracting dust like a magnet.
A few post back I recall reading more details about this but haven't seen anything about it lately. Nor have I seen
anything on Stern's website about it.
Anyone have any ideas? How to cure this.

I took off the plastic cover last week and cleaned the lower playfield, so far the dust hasn't come back.

#3547 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

("poor player", "must be rich", etc.).

That and "you guys just keep on buying this crap that they keep putting out there. They wont stop making shitty games as long as everyone keeps buying them" "You guys are ruining the hobby"

#3548 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That and "you guys just keep on buying this crap that they keep putting out there. They wont stop making shitty games as long as everyone keeps buying them" "You guys are ruining the hobby"

Forgot those...hmmm..Getting inspired to start a new thread..

#3549 4 years ago

Deadflip is streaming the pro right now

#3550 4 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I took off the plastic cover last week and cleaned the lower playfield, so far the dust hasn't come back.

Doing the same as soon as my protectors show up... going in once.... lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.