Topic Stats

• 6,327 posts
  • 364 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by lasermel
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,174 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2220 (resized).JPG
6E3D5933-8D41-4090-B7E9-865725D21C7B (resized).jpeg
662B1263-3CBD-4C05-A580-0DD1A1AF0EEB (resized).jpeg
F0D51323-DF9F-497C-AD61-0E3F55F23740 (resized).jpeg
709C951D-4C7C-44C6-9502-7265F1617B48 (resized).jpeg
20191016_152015 (resized).jpg
B6526E42-FB10-4FB2-AB14-6AA712F3A68C (resized).jpeg
20191015_191515 (resized).jpg
1570992046205755816283835372478 (resized).jpg
M - Topper - LED Cover (resized).JPG
IMG_2140 (resized).JPG
IMG_2141 (resized).JPG
IMG_2143 (resized).JPG
IMG_5317 (resized).jpg
IMG_5389 (resized).jpg
IMG_5384 (resized).jpg

There are 6327 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 127.
#3451 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone got any ideas about Grampas Enlarging Ray mode? Have only ever got it from Mystery. Can it be earnt outside of Mystery and what is it? Is it new in current code? Didn’t see it on the old code.

Just seen this myself
So far I only got it from mystery then you gotta hit ramp shots,etc
I like it

#3452 5 months ago

For you guys that have a Premium or LE you need to hit all four standup targets then shoot the ball into Grandpa’s scoop, that will qualify Enlarging Ray, and also set up lower playfield multiball as I read the rules sheet. On the Pro all you have to do is hit all 4 standups then hit the scoop when lit to start Enlarging Ray.

#3453 5 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm so happy mine is gone. Got a MB and couldn't be happier

This is the Munsters owners thread. Not sure announcing you sold yours for a “better” one contributes much to our conversation. But thank you for the update. We will all sleep better now.

#3454 5 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

We will all sleep better now.

Not me, he's got me all depressed and wanting to sell my game now!

#3455 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not me, he's got me all depressed and wanting to sell my game now!

I'll give you 1200.00 delivered, that's fair as you know the code is the "Worst Code Eva" .....

#3456 5 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

This is the Munsters owners thread. Not sure announcing you sold yours for a “better” one contributes much to our conversation. But thank you for the update. We will all sleep better now.

Yep I'm out and wish everyone the best. If they fix it, I may buy a pro someday as the mini PF didn't do much for me.

#3457 5 months ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I'll give you 1200.00 delivered, that's fair as you know the code is the "Worst Code Eva" .....

I gotta at least have 2500 because I have a premium.

#3458 5 months ago

In all seriousness now, really like that 9 piece plastic protector set from Little Shop of Games here on Pinside. Adds a nice splash of color as well but photos don’t do it any justice.

19CD4FCC-FEC6-4DEE-A433-EE86B49C6AE2 (resized).jpeg
#3459 5 months ago

In all seriousness now, really like that 9 piece plastic protector set from Little Shop of Games here on Pinside. Adds a nice splash of color as well but photos don’t do it any justice.[quoted image]

Did the same.

The ones by Herman and Grandpa are a pain in the azz to install!

#3460 5 months ago

I bought

In all seriousness now, really like that 9 piece plastic protector set from Little Shop of Games here on Pinside. Adds a nice splash of color as well but photos don’t do it any justice.[quoted image]

I bought one definitely looks hard to install Herman. Bought it because my Herman plastic broke. already. How do you get it to fit with the current screws and looks like it won’t fit under the the pop bumper cover.

#3461 5 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yep I'm out and wish everyone the best. If they fix it, I may buy a pro someday as the mini PF didn't do much for me.

That’s fine but why announce this here? Just sell it and move on. It’s okay if you don’t like it but nobody really cares here if you don’t. Most of us love The Munsters. That is, except for Who-Dey. He hates it also.

#3462 5 months ago

I like the green protectors alot. I hope to put them on my Munsters and my MET both.

Oh wait, im selling my Munsters, i forgot!

#3463 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I like the green protectors alot. I hope to put them on my Munsters and my MET both.
Oh wait, im selling my Munsters, i forgot!

What no protectors on the Munsters, I need to retract my offer of 1200.00 and now offer 1100.00 lol.

The protectors fit well, Herman and grandpa are a pain no lie, took about an hours time to do both. Just take your time and it goes easy.

The only screws or nuts that were a little issue was the nuts on the slings and the screws to the outline plastics. The nuts just barely grab but they are holding on by a turn or two, and the screws grabbed by a thread or two but all in all it’s fine.

#3464 5 months ago

What no protectors on the Munsters, I need to retract my offer of 1200.00 and now offer 1100.00 lol.
The protectors fit well, Herman and grandpa are a pain no lie, took about an hours time to do both. Just take your time and it goes easy.
The only screws or nuts that were a little issue was the nuts on the slings and the screws to the outline plastics. The nuts just barely grab but they are holding on by a turn or two, and the screws grabbed by a thread or two but all in all it’s fine.

Sounds like a bear to get those on. Is it a 6 pack job or a 12 pack job? I need to prepare myself in advance.

#3465 5 months ago

Six pack job but most likely you'll done by four and that'll leave you two for shooting a few games.

#3466 5 months ago

Munster Madness on the PreLE is one of the coolest modes I've played. I don't really see it as a wizard mode - more of a regular mode. So it should be achievable every few games like it is IMO.

There's a lot to like about the code on Munsters. There are some really great moments - like MM. Like Spot Jackpots when you complete - right ramp, left spot bash combo, like cashing out 6 SJP's with 5X running, like no ball save on Raven MB, but being able to re-start if you can hit the ramp in time, like building up Zap jackpots.

We just need more of it.

#3467 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Munster Madness on the PreLE is one of the coolest modes I've played. I don't really see it as a wizard mode - more of a regular mode. So it should be achievable every few games like it is IMO.
There's a lot to like about the code on Munsters. There are some really great moments - like MM. Like Spot Jackpots when you complete - right ramp, left spot bash combo, like cashing out 6 SJP's with 5X running, like no ball save on Raven MB, but being able to re-start if you can hit the ramp in time, like building up Zap jackpots.
We just need more of it.

I'm still watching closely with fingers crossed

#3468 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

We just need more of it.

Spot on brother! Spot and Raven are great modes, heck i think Herman is even great but what do i know? I like when you are in Multiball and you have to cancel out the jackpots while trying to not lose your balls at the same time, that shit is pretty fun also. Very fun game snd its addicting as hell. Its not perfect and it could use a little more code, but its still great fun. I can't stop playing the damn thing so it must not be too bad.

#3469 5 months ago

I picked up my Munsters this afternoon. Everything works. It is a thing of beauty. I’m not worried about code.

What really has me shaking my head is that, what I assume is a cost saving measure, is that the on-off switch is located waaaaaay in the back on the bottom of the back box. With this configuration I will either need to drill a hole in the bottom of the cabinet and rewire the switch, or I will have to resort to installing the power cable to an extension cord that I can plug and unplug when I need to the pin on or off.

It is ridiculous way to save money and I give Stern a big fat fail for this bit of mediocracy.

#3470 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I picked up my Munsters this afternoon. Everything works. It is a thing of beauty. I’m not worried about code.
What really has me shaking my head is that, what I assume is a cost saving measure, is that the on-off switch is located waaaaaay in the back on the bottom of the back box. With this configuration I will either need to drill a hole in the bottom of the cabinet and rewire the switch, or I will have to resort to installing the power cable to an extension cord that I can plug and unplug when I need to the pin on or off.
It is ridiculous way to save money and I give Stern a big fat fail for this bit of mediocracy.

They've been up there for quite some time.

#3471 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Haha you haven't bought a new game in awhile have you Cotton? You will be having so much fun that you will forget all about that switch buddy.

#3472 5 months ago

In all seriousness now, really like that 9 piece plastic protector set from Little Shop of Games here on Pinside. Adds a nice splash of color as well but photos don’t do it any justice.

Those looks great! Was going to order the set as well - but since the slingshot plastics are bigger on the premium and LE, I didn't think it would work.

The slingshot plastics in the kit look like they are for the pro model. Do they look all right under the larger premium/LE plastics?

Thanks!!

#3473 5 months ago

New Munsters topper finally finished pm if interested thank you

08C30E41-C23F-4B00-9E8D-61F80F511FE4 (resized).jpeg
#3474 5 months ago
Quoted from Delta9:

That whirring mechanical noise sounds like a ventilator in an ICU! Nice topper.

#3475 5 months ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Nicely done!

#3476 5 months ago

After 6 weeks of having our Pro in the Gameroom, we’re still loving this game.

We may not be very sophisticated pinball players, but we’re finding the code to be very fun. We love that Munsters Madness is very achievable and combined with Herman and Raven multiballs, there is plenty of action. The shots are fun and challenging, so from our viewpoint, this has been a great addition to the lineup.

#3477 5 months ago

Here are a few shots of the Little Shop of Games protectors on the premium leaving all of the original hardware installed as well

543AD1E7-DE14-4890-AD2D-215DE6B64B2C (resized).jpeg604C398D-5997-45E4-867E-7DB4E1EFE6D7 (resized).jpegA9CB0EAC-C099-46C1-A639-C0D8AE9EBCD5 (resized).jpegE14C823B-8019-4FB1-A6FE-8E16A428188D (resized).jpegE72BBA41-B1C8-47ED-ADC6-9E5E284EFEBC (resized).jpeg
#3478 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

As others have said this is old news. And a big fat fail as you say.

There is another option to consider if you can’t get to the switch — plug the game into a Wemo or Alexa outlet and control the power with your phone/voice. I do something similar with all my pins (I use Control4 which is overkill if that’s all you’re going to do).

#3479 5 months ago

Here are a few shots of the Little Shop of Games protectors on the premium leaving all of the original hardware installed as well
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hmmm... I've never used plastic protectors but my plastic up near Herman (your 3rd pic) broke. I might have to try these now.

#3480 5 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Hmmm... I've never used plastic protectors but my plastic up near Herman (your 3rd pic) broke. I might have to try these now.

Make sure the front edge of your lower PF glass is slightly higher than the main PF so it don't launch the balls into the air slamming the leading edge of Herman's plastic.

#3481 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

$12 easy fix...

amazon.com link »

#3482 5 months ago

OK very frustrating. After one day of not seeing the node over current warning, I am now seeing the same warning again – node board 8 overcurrent even though I only have one mod attached. Thought I had the issue resolved. Have no idea what’s going on here. Anyone with ideas please help thanks!

#3483 5 months ago
Quoted from Delta9:

New Munsters topper finally finished pm if interested thank you[quoted image]

I like it. But it looks washed in color. What is that noise?

#3484 5 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

You didn't know Darth Vader made mods........

#3485 5 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Probably just the camera making it look that way I'm guessing. The noise you are hearing is top secret. If he told you what it is he would have to kill you.

#3486 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Probably just the camera making it look that way I'm guessing. The noise you are hearing is top secret. If he told you what it is he would have to kill you.

who-dey you are the best .. This looks a little strange.. delta9 ?

#3487 5 months ago

Great pics!!! Set ordered....how could I have forgotten protectors??? gorgeous and practical mod...

#3488 5 months ago

I have the 4 lower (2 slingshot and 2 guide protectors) clear protectors for sale from Little Shop of games for a total of lucky $11 (includes shipping). I have no use for them anymore. (Note blue plastic peels off to review clear plastic protectors).

First person to ping me & PayPal gets them.

Thx.

B0201953-F019-4D53-9B63-C1A5F59F0764 (resized).jpegDDE683EB-3EF7-4549-9750-881AA42D2432 (resized).jpeg

#3489 5 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

OK very frustrating. After one day of not seeing the node over current warning, I am now seeing the same warning again – node board 8 overcurrent even though I only have one mod attached. Thought I had the issue resolved. Have no idea what’s going on here. Anyone with ideas please help thanks!

Without trying to sound redundant, disconnect all the mods, check the connections at the board, reboot, then play the game for several days. If problem persists, probably time to call Chas......

Did the game perform w no errors before the mods? How many games did you get on it prior, or did you upfit right away?

Maybe reload the code, but not convinced that would work

I've got (5x) NIB in my lineup, and will generally play them for a long time before putting any type of electrical mod on, making sure the machine is predictable first. Then always preceding w caution as no warranty, and replacement boards on all new machines are costly.

Good luck....that's about all I can think of....

#3490 5 months ago

These look great but how much protection do they provide? They look to be about the same size as the plastics they are protecting. Typically would have about an 1/8" extension all around the plastic being protected. Or am I not seeing these correctly?

#3491 5 months ago

Six pack job but most likely you'll done by four and that'll leave you two for shooting a few games.

how does this translate to a bourbon guy (1 glass or 2)?..

#3492 5 months ago

I am doing the 5 1/4" Kenwood speaker upgrade on my premium and was going to install speaker lights. All of the kits I see light up the the whole rectangle speaker panels and I prefer the look of just lighting around the speaker like in this photo. Can anyone tell me where I can order a speaker light kit like this one?

Screenshot_20190430-202246_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3493 5 months ago

Has anyone else seen a Midnight Madness bug after the latest code update? Have been playing at midnight for the past few days, and the seance and mode no longer start. It kind of flashes real quick and then states that the “midnight madness” mode point total is 100,000 without having played any multiball.

#3494 5 months ago
Quoted from gac:

These look great but how much protection do they provide? They look to be about the same size as the plastics they are protecting. Typically would have about an 1/8" extension all around the plastic being protected. Or am I not seeing these correctly?

I was thinking the exact same thing, noticing they don't cover the steel washers on the slings.....mine have already shipped, so I guess I'll find out...hoping they are cut right, as I'd prefer to do this only once...uggh

#3495 5 months ago
Quoted from gac:

They do extend out a little past the plastics , I guess it was just my poor camera angles, but hey if you need someone to take pictures to make someone thinner then what they really are then I’m your man lol. Here are a few more shots.

3357EBB7-7B98-46B2-A532-01BFE90290F9 (resized).jpeg3FF3B643-793A-4FC2-B968-417B90D4D60B (resized).jpeg6EDB090E-C373-4E8D-A988-8838EEE8CBAA (resized).jpeg
#3496 5 months ago

They do extend out a little past the plastics , I guess it was just my poor camera angles, but hey if you need someone to take pictures to make someone thinner then what they really are then I’m your man lol. Here are a few more shots.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the additional pics. Good to know they do extend beyond the plastics.

#3497 5 months ago

They do extend out a little past the plastics , I guess it was just my poor camera angles, but hey if you need someone to take pictures to make someone thinner then what they really are then I’m your man lol. Here are a few more shots.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

whew!!!

#3498 5 months ago

Can anyone with a premium tell me if their apron lights up? It appears there is wire going under there with an led, but I've never seen them come on.

#3499 5 months ago

Why didn’t you remove those fugly washers?

#3500 5 months ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

I am doing the 5 1/4" Kenwood speaker upgrade on my premium and was going to install speaker lights. All of the kits I see light up the the whole rectangle speaker panels and I prefer the look of just lighting around the speaker like in this photo. Can anyone tell me where I can order a speaker light kit like this one?
[quoted image]

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 142.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 6327 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside