pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 237.
#3401 4 years ago

I still think IF they add and or change anything Dwight will do it cause he wants to

He’s the man he will do something special

#3402 4 years ago

I ordered a pair of speaker gaskets so my speakers won't be pushed against the grill. While I was digging through the LE manual I also noticed there was an additional speaker plate. I wasn't sure what it was for so I ordered a pair as well. As it turns out, this is what creates the gold ring on the LE speaker box. I'll be picking up some silver paint this weekend and painting them, but they do look kinda cool on the Premium.

20190426_173024 (resized).jpg20190426_173024 (resized).jpg20190426_175449 (resized).jpg20190426_175449 (resized).jpg
#3403 4 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I ordered a pair of speaker gaskets so my speakers won't be pushed against the grill. While I was digging through the LE manual I also noticed there was an additional speaker plate. I wasn't sure what it was for so I ordered a pair as well. As it turns out, this is what creates the gold ring on the LE speaker box. I'll be picking up some silver paint this weekend and painting them, but they do look kinda cool on the Premium.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ya this looks sweet.. I wanna upgade my speakers might order these up. I do think silver will look just as great. Great idea.

#3404 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Send a new part meaning what?

New wire form without the ring that is catching the ball. No deflector. Should work.

#3405 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

New wire form without the ring that is catching the ball. No deflector. Should work.

Thanks for the clarification. I will be contacting my distributor on Monday.

#3406 4 years ago

I ordered a pair of speaker gaskets so my speakers won't be pushed against the grill. While I was digging through the LE manual I also noticed there was an additional speaker plate. I wasn't sure what it was for so I ordered a pair as well. As it turns out, this is what creates the gold ring on the LE speaker box. I'll be picking up some silver paint this weekend and painting them, but they do look kinda cool on the Premium.[quoted image][quoted image]

I knew Pinball Life was selling the replacement speaker plates for the bigger 5 1/4" speakers and was just wondering tonight where people were getting their gaskets and 1/2" spacers from for them. I'm a bit surprised Stern will sell these LE parts to just anyone and even more surprised they are selling the gold surrounds. Not quite as surprised as I was when I realized that the gold surrounds were metal and not plastic....but still pretty surprised. I think the silver surrounds should match the trim and premium's black and white theme well.

Fun Fact: If a person would choose to use my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit in this type of setup....they wouldn't need the additional gaskets and 1/2" spacers as my speaker light frames provide the extra 1/2" of front mounting space that the extended tweeters need. They also look pretty sweet with those white coned Kenwood speakers. My upcoming (next week) Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits are shown in the video.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#3407 4 years ago

Anyone happen to have extensive gametime on all three models (or Pro together with Premium/LE)? Interested in hearing which model you prefer and why.

#3408 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Anyone happen to have extensive gametime on all three models (or Pro together with Premium/LE)? Interested in hearing which model you prefer and why.

All the models are fun but the lower playfield is really nice in my opinion. I hate lower playfields and i was going to get a pro and some of my friends told me that the lower playfield was awesome so i took a chance and changed my order from a pro to a premium and im glad that i did because this game is a dream theme for me. I love this game and i just got done playing it and it kicked my ass all nite. I couldn’t get anything going tonight, the game is quite a challenge and its not an easy game. I love my Munsters Premium.

#3409 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love my Munsters Premium.

I agree with Who-Dey a 1000%. Love love the Prem or LE if you like the color version, lower PF is really well integrated into the machine and adds to the play. I have seen the Pro model but have not played one in person, playfield does look beautiful but IMHO there is just too much underdeveloped real-estate between the flippers and slings up to Herman and Grandpa. I really enjoy that mini pf especially during MM and 12aMM

#3410 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I knew Pinball Life was selling the replacement speaker plates for the bigger 5 1/4" speakers and was just wondering tonight where people were getting their gaskets and 1/2" spacers from for them. I'm a bit surprised Stern will sell these LE parts to just anyone and even more surprised they are selling the gold surrounds. Not quite as surprised as I was when I realized that the gold surrounds were metal and not plastic....but still pretty surprised. I think the silver surrounds should match the trim and premium's black and white theme well.
Fun Fact: If a person would choose to use my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit in this type of setup....they wouldn't need the additional gaskets and 1/2" spacers as my speaker light frames provide the extra 1/2" of front mounting space that the extended tweeters need. They also look pretty sweet with those white coned Kenwood speakers. My upcoming (next week) Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits are shown in the video.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

I emailed Stern directly and explained to them that I didnt have an LE but wanted an LE look on my premium. Stern told me to give the part numbers to my local distributor so they could be ordered.

I ordered a set of your speaker lights but haven't installed them yet. I'm kicking around the idea of mounting the speaker lights behind the 5 1/4 plate so that light will only shine through the speakers.

#3411 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Very good ideas. Would also like to see something more on the horror-side as the game is very lighthearted right now.

The Munsters was a very lighthearted show, not sure if we'll see horror to the likes of Freddy, BSD, MS Frankenstein etc.. Remember in their minds at the time they were the normal and after watching for a while we felt that way too about them lol, even spot probably the most fierce creature in the show was a chicken scared of his own shadow. IMHO the lighthearted fits in flawless with the theme as the show was intended for family fun and now a pinball blast.

BTW I heard a few complaints about the laugh tracks during game play but I think it's awesome and fits well.

#3412 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The Munsters was a very lighthearted show, not sure if we'll see horror to the likes of Freddy, BSD, MS Frankenstein etc.. Remember in their minds at the time they were the normal and after watching for a while we felt that way too about them lol, even spot probably the most fierce creature in the show was a chicken scared of his own shadow. IMHO the lighthearted fits in flawless with the theme as the show was intended for family fun and now a pinball blast.
BTW I heard a few complaints about the laugh tracks during game play but I think it's awesome and fits well.

I guess I mean more moments with the characters being "scary" fully aware its supposed to be funny.

#3413 4 years ago

Ahh ok, I see your point. The Munsters have packed so much into an 80 episodes 2 seasons that I love just to see more of them in general with more calls from the actual characters as well. For example grandpa really doesn’t say anything during play except at game over on some the match score vids. Most of the calls they used are from season one first few episodes, they really need to expand their material search to later episodes as well.

#3414 4 years ago

I emailed Stern directly and explained to them that I didnt have an LE but wanted an LE look on my premium. Stern told me to give the part numbers to my local distributor so they could be ordered.
I ordered a set of your speaker lights but haven't installed them yet. I'm kicking around the idea of mounting the speaker lights behind the 5 1/4 plate so that light will only shine through the speakers.

I know it used to be if you wanted LE parts Stern would ask for your serial number to make sure you were an LE owner. On backglasses they would even make you return the shards of a broken backglass to be allowed to buy a replacement.

I heard awhile back that Pinball Life was selling the LE speaker plates for the 5 1/4" speakers. I now see they have the speaker gaskets and 1/2" spacers also. They even sell the red plastic speaker surround (used for Batman 66 SLE, Deadpool LE, Iron Maiden LE and Black Knight SoR LE), but I didn't see the gold metal ones used in Munsters LE.

#3415 4 years ago

The b66SLE ones are lit. Pretty sure the Pinball Life ones aren’t lit.

#3416 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The b66SLE ones are lit. Pretty sure the Pinball Life ones aren’t lit.

It seems the part number that Pinball Life has is red and made for Iron Maiden. After looking at all of the LE games that use these surrounds....it seems that none of them have the same part number. Black Knight: SoR still does not have it's manual released so I don't know if it has the same part number of any of the others or not.

I believe the only difference in these part numbers are the colors and materiel that they are made out of. The lighting that Batman 66 and Deadpool have are not connected with these surrounds and they are lit by a separate part that simply holds lights that point at the surrounds. This is a slight improvement over what Stern did in Star Trek LE and Mustang LE, but the surrounds themselves do not light up or have lights in them. The lights mounted behind them just shines through them.

I just realized the color was different on Batman 66 SLV vs Iron Maiden and Deadpool (orange vs red), but I wonder what the different is between Deadpool and Iron Maiden (different shade of red, translucent red instead of opaque red materiel)? I was thinking they had all been red until The Munsters gold (metal) ones.

#3417 4 years ago

Love playing this game with my wife especially when I tell her to shoot kitty target, she says I don’t see it. I tell her there blue insert, I don’t see it rinse and repeat lol.

Ok here is my 10 minute fix for her, she can see kitty now.

25D9BB10-75DE-4877-AB2D-2710D5DD0D98 (resized).jpeg25D9BB10-75DE-4877-AB2D-2710D5DD0D98 (resized).jpeg
#3418 4 years ago

My wife does the same thing. Then she yells at me for talking to her while she’s playing. Haha

#3419 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My wife does the same thing. Then she yells at me for talking to her while she’s playing. Haha

Yelling at you while playing with the kitty. There has to be a joke in there somewhere ...

#3420 4 years ago

Spot is down and out, optos not registering, sucks on a brand new game...

#3421 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Spot is down and out, optos not registering, sucks on a brand new game...

Yeah tell me about it. This morning one of my pop bumpers starting going off on it's own. I had to pull the glass, lift the field and adjust a leaf spring in order to fix it. These shouldn't be issues on new machines.

#3422 4 years ago

Yeah tell me about it. This morning one of my pop bumpers starting going off on it's own. I had to pull the glass, lift the field and adjust a leaf spring in order to fix it. These shouldn't be issues on new machines.

You think everything leaving the factory is 100%? Did you buy yours NIB? Or was it a floor model checked out by your dealer?

Have you ever worked on an assembly line? I have. Assembly lines are not pictures of perfection. Things break and have to be replaced once the unit has left the line and is in a “recovery area”.

Every new car at every dealership goes through “new car detail” where final adjustments are made like adjusting headlights.

So, a switch has gone out of adjustment. There may be reasons to be bitching about problems with a new pinball machine. This is not one of them.

#3423 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You think everything leaving the factory is 100%? Did you buy yours NIB? Or was it a floor model checked out by your dealer?
Have you ever worked on an assembly line? I have. Assembly lines are not pictures of perfection. Things break and have to be replaced once the unit has left the line and is in a “recovery area”.
Every new car at every dealership goes through “new car detail” where final adjustments are made like adjusting headlights.
So, a switch has gone out of adjustment. There may be reasons to be bitching about problems with a new pinball machine. This is not one of them.

These games get beat up pretty good during shipping. Semis dont ride like Cadillacs thats for sure.

#3424 4 years ago

I can’t tell if this is a joke or not. Haha

#3425 4 years ago

All down hill from here.

#3426 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can’t tell if this is a joke or not. Haha

It was a joke, looks like it set some some people off haha

#3427 4 years ago

I think they need to do something more with the spinner (Igor)maybe like disco multiball in dp were after so many spins you get a multiball or a 30 second 10x scoring.

#3428 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I have a Pro with 525 games on it now, love it and have got the game play down pretty good. That said I had the opportunity to play an LE a few weeks ago (about 12 games), and was able to get some extensive play on the lower playfield. That was enough play to confirm for me that I wanted to upgrade to a Premium. It just added another dimension to what is already a great game. I plan on keeping this game in my collection for a long time so for me it was worth upgrading. I think anyone who has a Pro and likes it and has a chance to play a Premium or LE will find it just that much better and enjoyable.

If all goes well I'll be posting photos of my Premium in a couple weeks.

#3429 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I have a Pro with 525 games on it now, love it and have got the game play down pretty good. That said I had the opportunity to play an LE a few weeks ago (about 12 games), and was able to get some extensive play on the lower playfield. That was enough play to confirm for me that I wanted to upgrade to a Premium. It just added another dimension to what is already a great game. I plan on keeping this game in my collection for a long time so for me it was worth upgrading. I think anyone who has a Pro and likes it and has a chance to play a Premium or LE will find it just that much better and enjoyable.
If all goes well I'll be posting photos of my Premium in a couple weeks.

This game rocks, cant wait to see the pics of your new game when you get it!

#3430 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

[quoted image]

I hit the road tonight. When I get home I have to figure out where I am going to squeeze in a Munsters I just bought.

At TPF, I played Alice Cooper and liked it. I also played Octoberfest and I liked, too. And I was able to get several games in on The Beatles. I really like The Beatles.

But I liked Munsters enough clean out the bank account and buy one.

I think what really did it for me was that orbit shot and that right hand 180 degree ramp. Plus it is just god damned fast.

Oh, and about the time I turned 16 I started washing dishes for a night job. There was not much time for TV and the most I ever saw of The Munsters was about 10 minutes worth.

#3431 4 years ago

@cottonm4: Did you grab a Premium?

#3432 4 years ago

Hi guys again I’m sorry I was actually mistaken about what I had connected to my lower play field. It isn’t the grandpa chair. I have the G.I. flasher from my baby pin stadiums and the fourth Orion flasher from my large Pin Stadiums connected to the same lower play field flasher. Since neither draw power from the alligator clips can anyone figure out why that’s causing an issue with Node board 8 overcurrent?

#3433 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Hi guys again I’m sorry I was actually mistaken about what I had connected to my lower play field. It isn’t the grandpa chair. I have the G.I. flasher from my baby pin stadiums and the fourth Orion flasher from my large Pin Stadiums connected to the same lower play field flasher. Since neither draw power from the alligator clips can anyone figure out why that’s causing an issue with Node board 8 overcurrent?

If you unplug everything modwise does the issue go away?

#3434 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I hit the road tonight. When I get home I have to figure out where I am going to squeeze in a Munsters I just bought.
At TPF, I played Alice Cooper and liked it. I also played Octoberfest and I liked, too. And I was able to get several games in on The Beatles. I really like The Beatles.
I think what really did it for me was that orbit shot and that right hand 180 degree ramp. Plus it is just god damned fast.
Oh, and about the time I turned 16 I started washing dishes for a night job. There was not much time for TV and the most I ever saw of The Munsters was about 10 minutes worth.

Congratulations Cotton on your new game buddy! You made the right choice out of all those that you mentioned i think. When will you get your game?

#3435 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congratulations Cotton on your new game buddy! You made the right choice out of all those that you mentioned i think. When will you get your game?

Expect to pick it up Tuesday and be home by Thursday.

I mentioned earlier that is is fast. But it is also flipper friendly enough that so-so player like myself can drop a coin and feel like I got my money’s worth.

#3436 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

cottonm4: Did you grab a Premium?

Yeah. I passed on the Pro. I like the Pro but I like that lower play field more.

#3437 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you unplug everything modwise does the issue go away?

Yes. Okay here is pretty much what I discovered after everyone’s advice and research. With just one Pinstadium connected to the flasher, regardless of which one, there is no problem. If I connect both to the same I get that warning, no matter how I hook them up. So after trying multiple things I ended up having to change the setup. No more node problems though.

#3438 4 years ago

I'm so happy mine is gone. Got a MB and couldn't be happier

#3439 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

ok......

#3440 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I look at your nice collection and then at the ones you have sold. And my thoughts are that you change pins like most people change underwear.

How lone before MB will be on the chopping block

#3441 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Because?

#3442 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Thanks for the update....

#3443 4 years ago

and I am sure there is someone so happy they got it........

#3444 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Expect to pick it up Tuesday and be home by Thursday.
I mentioned earlier that is is fast. But it is also flipper friendly enough that so-so player like myself can drop a coin and feel like I got my money’s worth.

Thats awesome Cotton, can't wait until you get it all set up. A word of warning though, this game is not always friendly lol. Sometimes it will kick your ass all nite long and leave you standing there scratching your head and cussing lmao.

#3445 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Congratulations cottonm4

#3446 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats awesome Cotton, can't wait until you get it all set up. A word of warning though, this game is not always friendly lol. Sometimes it will kick your ass all nite long and leave you standing there scratching your head and cussing lmao.

Thank you. I am a masochist just like everybody else around here and just getting my ass kicked.

It is nice to know that I am not the only one who revels in the judicious use of profanity

#3447 4 years ago

Anyone got any ideas about Grampas Enlarging Ray mode? Have only ever got it from Mystery. Can it be earnt outside of Mystery and what is it? Is it new in current code? Didn’t see it on the old code.

#3448 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I look at your nice collection and then at the ones you have sold. And my thoughts are that you change pins like most people change underwear.
How lone before MB will be on the chopping block

In 2019 Munsters and ID4 left. Only 2 games.
I'm trying to unload RZLE after 2.5 years.

I guess my underwear is really smelly after about 6 months before I change it as that's about the average length I keep games I do not like.

I did not like Munsters and its code. I love the theme, design and art.

Unfortunately, the code is bad. On MB, i plan on keeping it 5 plus years or more.

#3449 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone got any ideas about Grampas Enlarging Ray mode? Have only ever got it from Mystery. Can it be earnt outside of Mystery and what is it? Is it new in current code? Didn’t see it on the old code.

You have to hit enough standups to qualify enlarging ray then shoot the scoop to start it.

#3450 4 years ago

Playing Prem at EAG in Jan- got to Munster Madness 2 times..

Since getting my LE in March and putting it on HARD settings.. it’s kicked my arse.. not once have I got to MM it’s on 3 ball play..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/69?hl=gamerrick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.