IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 237.
#3151 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

LOL. That hate thread is a joke, this was said about Met, Woz, Twd, SW etc....
How much you want to bet this game turns into a must buy for many down the road in addition to all who has been buying them up now.
I think it’s more of the dislike of Dwight then it is about the game in realitity. Many feel and rightfully so from what they seen from GB. Well if he did screw up there hopefully learned from his mistakes and corrected his ways or maybe Gary needs to part ways with him then. I think because of the huge following, the code will see some perks and much polishing otherwise is just like have a Lamborghini running on only five cylinders.

Yup agree with you. I think it will all be just fine in the end. I know my game busted my balls all night last night. I couldnt get anything going at all. It was draino city game after game!

#3152 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im just going to keep mine. Nobody would buy the turd anyways.
In the mean time though im going to try and keep cashing in jackpots! Whats your biggest jackpot you've cashed out on Spaceman?

I don’t think i have broke 10 mill
My wife had a 14 mill

#3153 5 years ago

I have made my desires known several posts back that I like this Munsters. It is on my wish list. Space and budget are the enemy, although I have been toying with idea of calling Marco and seeing if I can a show-demo discount.

That said, my short experience with pinball machines are my early solid states I have been learning how to repair and keep running. It has been a never-ending learning experience for the last three years.

I don't hang out on the other Stern boards. I'm not interested in any others. But I have been smitten with Munsters.

I know nothing about the electronics on these newer Sterns. So, where you all go when you experience a problem, when something breaks, etc? At some point Stern will cut you loose and you are on your own. Where do you go for help? Do you pray you have a local tech that makes house calls? Or maybe a tech wizard on Pinside can save you?

How do you deal with problems on this newer stuff? Where are the trouble shooting guides? For example, the Pro I have gotten to play at Cactus Jacks has a broken Zap button; It lights up but does nothing when you push it. It did work on my first stop. It did not on my 2nd and 3rd trip. How do you isolate and fix something like that?

Thanks.

#3154 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

What power settings are your main flippers adjusted to when you guys are playing? I just checked the settings and they were set to hard, I'm assuming that is the stronger setting as there is only soft, normal and hard. I was getting a lot of airballs and wanted to tone down their strength a bit.

I was advised by a friend who has 3 Munsters Pro and 1 Munsters LE on Route that the flippers set on hard were damaging plastics. He suggested soft or normal. I set my home Munsters Pro to normal and have no trouble making the ramp shots.

#3155 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have made my desires known several posts back that I like this Munsters. It is on my wish list. Space and budget are the enemy, although I have been toying with idea of calling Marco and seeing if I can a show-demo discount.
That said, my short experience with pinball machines are my early solid states I have been learning how to repair and keep running. It has been a never-ending learning experience for the last three years.
I don't hang out on the other Stern boards. I'm not interested in any others. But I have been smitten with Munsters.
I know nothing about the electronics on these newer Sterns. So, where you all go when you experience a problem, when something breaks, etc? At some point Stern will cut you loose and you are on your own. Where do you go for help? Do you pray you have a local tech that makes house calls? Or maybe a tech wizard on Pinside can save you?
How do you deal with problems on this newer stuff? Where are the trouble shooting guides? For example, the Pro I have gotten to play at Cactus Jacks has a broken Zap button; It lights up but does nothing when you push it. It did work on my first stop. It did not on my 2nd and 3rd trip. How do you isolate and fix something like that?
Thanks.

Most things can be fixed with basic repair skills Cotton but its definitely nice to have someone who repairs games in your area or to get to know some local pinheads in your area that can help you, because most pinheads have good repair skills. I have learned to do most repairs on my own but im lucky enough to have met alot of great people in this hobby that would help me if needed. One friend in particular lives very close to me does pinball repair and he can do everything so im extremely lucky to have all of these people in my corner. I honestly couldn’t have got started in this hobby if it wasn't for these people and i still need their help sometimes. Reach out and try to make friends with local pinheads in your area is my best advice.

#3156 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I don’t think i have broke 10 mill
My wife had a 14 mill

Save up at least 5 or 6 jackpots or more if its early in the game and then keep nailing kitty to get your 6X multipliers up and then cash in for a big payout!

#3157 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Most things can be fixed with basic repair skills Cotton but its definitely nice to have someone who repairs games in your area or to get to know some local pinheads in your area that can help you, because most pinheads have good repair skills. I have learned to do most repairs on my own but im lucky enough to have met alot of great people in this hobby that would help me if needed. One friend in particular lives very close to me does pinball repair and he can do everything so im extremely lucky to have all of these people in my corner. I honestly couldn’t have got started in this hobby if it wasn't for these people and i still need their help sometimes. Reach out and try to make friends with local pinheads in your area is my best advice.

Thanks man. I can do any repair. You tell me what needs replaced and I can do that. It is the troubleshooting of just what might be wrong is a skill set I have not mastered with electronics.

#3158 5 years ago

Ok, so I finally was able to play a premium today!
As much as I’m a huge Munsters fan I wasn’t really thrilled with the pro but,
I’m actually liking the premium!!
I also actually like the black and white machine. It really looks great in person and makes more sense for the theme.
My only negative so far was the plastic top covering the lower playfield.
I really hope this can be adjusted flush to playfield pretty easy .
The ball kept riding the edge of it.
I played lower playfield once and was able to hit all light ups.
It makes the machine but I’m still not fond of these mini areas. It is done very well though.
I may hang a little and watch what happens with code before possibly getting one now. Silly wonka may mess up my decision. I only have room for one more so, it will probably be one of those.

#3159 5 years ago

Dwight was gracious enough to help me clarify the Super Jackpot stacking. Base value is $350k in current code (used to be $500k), then for each time you hit the scoop (unlit) it increases by a small amount (not sure the amount, but small like under 10k). See below for the value of the collect depending on how many you have stacked:

1 SJP = 1x current super jackpot value
2 SJPs = 3x current super jackpot value
3 SJPs = 6x current super jackpot value
4 SJPs = 10x current super jackpot value
5 SJPs = 13x current super jackpot value
6 SJPs = 15x current super jackpot value
7 SJPs = 17x current super jackpot value
8 SJPs = 19x current super jackpot value
9 SJPs = 21x current super jackpot value
10 SJPs = 23x current super jackpot value

These values also can be multiplied by up to 6x from the playfield multiplier.

#3160 5 years ago

Got the autographed cards installed today. Many thanks to the folks at Stern, especially John Borg.

4B064944-34A7-4E7B-ABAC-663CA54FFC75 (resized).jpeg4B064944-34A7-4E7B-ABAC-663CA54FFC75 (resized).jpeg8A3844D9-1012-4C89-8D04-60CE4A1739F0 (resized).jpeg8A3844D9-1012-4C89-8D04-60CE4A1739F0 (resized).jpeg93BA2991-7904-4AE5-8DF5-25D1B2A9AEAE (resized).jpeg93BA2991-7904-4AE5-8DF5-25D1B2A9AEAE (resized).jpegB1840475-233F-4AED-9634-A76AB1B2540F (resized).jpegB1840475-233F-4AED-9634-A76AB1B2540F (resized).jpeg
#3161 5 years ago
Quoted from Kensurfs:

Got the autographed cards installed today. Many thanks to the folks at Stern, especially John Borg.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How you get those...sweet!!

#3162 5 years ago

For those interested, we are happy to announce that we are a supplier of the Pingraffix Power bladez. We currently have a few sets for the Munsters Pro and LE available on our site. It's a very impressive and cool looking product with plug and play installation.

We are running a small promotion where the bladez ship for just $4.99 within the U.S.

https://lermods.com/products/the-munsters-pro-le-powerbladez-by-pingraffix

#3163 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

For those interested, we are happy to announce that we are a supplier of the Pingraffix Power bladez. We currently have a few sets for the Munsters Pro and LE available on our site. It's a very impressive and cool looking product with plug and play installation.
We are running a small promotion where the bladez ship for just $4.99 within the U.S.

Those are pretty sweet!

#3164 5 years ago

I am so fired up - finally got LPF ramp fixed! It was the opto (transmitter one). Also had a screw break off in the gasket. Big Toys tech (Dan) came out- removed LPF, switched out gasket and now I am rocking. Feels like I got game today as opto did not work from day one. Thanks to Nick & Dan from Big Toys and Stern Support - especially Chaz and David who all helped me thrash though the issues!

Big Toys had a pro model and went to play that. Love the art on that model and flow is awesome so was thinking....hmmmmm........maybe I switch down to Pro for the LE and get some coins back. Played 2 games with the LPF working and LOVE it!! Man so much going on down there - gets your heart racing and now I can add those 2 seconds that I could not before - I am keeping the LE! What a great game and man seeing those Munster scenes bring back so many memories! Great shots that are not overly hard to achieve but hard to master.

#3165 5 years ago

Congrats Hockeymag, Wear it out tonight buddy! Munster Madness or bust!

#3166 5 years ago

How come I am starting to see some LEs up for sale? Is this pin a short love life for some? Is the Premium the better value?

#3167 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How come I am starting to see some LEs up for sale? Is this pin a short love life for some? Is the Premium the better value?

They sold 600 of these things
A handful have gone up for sale
Wonka came out with a game that is competitively priced so you will see a few go up for sale as some people always want something new and feel like it’s their only piece to get them there?
I’m sure some bought the game thinking it would be one of the best pinball machines ever made because it is one of the most beautiful games ever made I’m guessing and don’t feel that way now
I think it’s a instant classic
I love it wouldn’t trade it for any other monster game or any pinball I can think of
Doesn’t mean anything there are games coming out left and right
Most you will never see for sale
I have the LE and sold two pins to get IT I would never sell it

#3168 5 years ago

I am absolutely loving my LE! Now that I’ve gotten about 200 plays in and played around with how the code works I’m just thrilled. I even put in pinstadiums which I love. I’ve added about 11 mods and I just can’t stop playing. I don’t see me ever getting bored with it. My highest jackpot so far was 31,000,000. Got 55,000,00 on MM once. Best game 183,000,000.

Thanks to Spaceman MK and Who-Dey keeping my spirits up while I waited for my #16 LE.

#3169 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I see 2 on the marketplace, 2 others that are flipper price at 12k!!!, and a couple of distro ads for NIB (expecting to get stock, etc.).

Nothing really sticks out here...new games always move a bit right after release..

Mine is not leaving...great game!!

#3170 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I see 2 on the marketplace, 2 others that are flipper price at 12k!!!, and a couple of distro ads for NIB (expecting to get stock, etc.).
Nothing really sticks out here...new games always move a bit right after release..
Mine is not leaving...great game!!

? Theres 5 currently and 7 others archived... still not the many out of 600. There's just so many new games out and coming out....something has to give.

#3171 5 years ago

Yep Wife and Kids have told me Munster's LE going nowhere. My top score is still only 98 million its a hard pin!

#3172 5 years ago

Australia received 60 Munster's LE. I have seen 2 for sale and 1 of those the guy has sold 10 of his high end pins in 1 week.

#3173 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I just did a install Video install/Review on the Pingraffix Powerbladez I will be uploading to my youtube channel shortly!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdHfiagwISS_15WwJk804aA?view_as=subscriber
Stay tuned.....

#3174 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Two things come to mind, the return of the Black Knight yet once again and the newly release JJP Gobstopper Clunker.

So as these machines have been hiking in price over the years and as in human nature we all must have the lastest and greatest, people offer up what most recent to fund the turn over. Let’s also not forget the flippers to make a quick payout as well.

As other have said this machine is pretty dam solid and fun fun fun. I look at it as a hybrid, first I’m shocked at the build quality of it, Stern really stepped up and did an awesome job, soild wood cab now not that press crap and a really nice clear coated thicker playfield then what we have seen in the past. In addition to that the rules are between 90’s Bally Williams and today’s deeper saga journeys. It’s a great mix with plenty to do while laughing and having a blast. All on top of one of the most beautiful artwork pins ever with a great Borg flow layout.

With that being said, if you are going to pickup one, go with an LE or Prem, yes the lower playfield does add that much more excitement to the game.

Munsters is a great game that will only get better over time but extremely enjoyable as she sits currently.

#3175 5 years ago

Just downloaded the 0.99 code. The update file is named munsters_pro-0_99_0.spk.001.000. Normally the file is an .spk extension, nothing after. Will it install okay as is, or do I need to remove the .001.000 and have it as .spk on the USB drive?

#3177 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

I just did a install Video install/Review on the Pingraffix Powerbladez I will be uploading to my youtube channel shortly!
Stay tuned.....

i am looking forward to seeing your video. I don't have my game anymore, but I plugged these in to test and I have to say they are simply amazing, the nicest set of bladez Pingraffix has done yet. We had sold some AFMr for them and these are over the top. Also, I initially had not realized this, but unlike AFMr, these are sound activated! I am trying to get him to do a set for Monster Bash, it needs the cut out for the hinge bolt. I am a mirror blades guy, but these would make me change my mind in a second.

#3178 5 years ago

I have tried turning off the video tutorials that happen while in attract mode via the adjust menu. I turn it off, and yet the tutorials still play. Is this a .99 code issue or is there something I'm failing to do?

#3179 5 years ago

How do I tell how many games are played on the premium?

#3180 5 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

How do I tell how many games are played on the premium?

Go to audits and it should be somewhere around #10 under standard audits i think give or take a few spots.

#3181 5 years ago

Man I tried.i really did.
PH56 you are a better player than I .The big man Herman I just couldn’t blow him up
PINHEAD wanted me to go next well that’s easy it has to be Zap Champion.
Is there any other? I don’t think so
Maybe Spot
Let’s see people collect tons of zaps

I have no photo of my score on Zaps
Honestly until tonight I haven’t paid much attention to stacking or playing around with that or rules
I still have been just trying to shoot good games,trying to get MM and enjoying the show
The rules are actually pretty interesting when you pay attention to what your doing and understand what’s going on
I was until now canceling out Dragula to stop the shaker and I like the faint voice that says “jackpot” when you cancel ha ha
I nominate Who Dey to go next and I thank him for pumping my spirits up from jump and welcoming me into this group
I will try to start blowing this thing up but again just still enjoying the ride

#3182 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

How you get those...sweet!!

I made them on PowerPoint. I can email you a set. Pm me

#3183 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Man I tried.i really did.
PH56 you are a better player than I .The big man Herman I just couldn’t blow him up
PINHEAD wanted me to go next well that’s easy it has to be Zap Champion.
Is there any other? I don’t think so
Maybe Spot
Let’s see people collect tons of zaps
I have no photo of my score on Zaps
Honestly until tonight I haven’t paid much attention to stacking or playing around with that or rules
I still have been just trying to shoot good games,trying to get MM and enjoying the show
The rules are actually pretty interesting when you pay attention to what your doing and understand what’s going on
I was until now canceling out Dragula to stop the shaker and I like the faint voice that says “jackpot” when you cancel ha ha
I nominate Who Dey to go next and I thank him for pumping my spirits up from jump and welcoming me into this group
I will try to start blowing this thing up but again just still enjoying the ride

I really enjoy trying to get a big super jackpot. I had 7 of them built up last night and had a really big game going and couldn't cash them in. It sucked but thats what makes the game exciting. You gotta get the super jackpots built up, then get your multipliers built up by hitting kitty which is a bitch since it dont register a hit but about half the time, and then you gotta hit that damn dragula shot which is impossible for me seems like. It can be frustrating but it can be very satisfying also and its a big challenge to do it. I love it.

#3184 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I really enjoy trying to get a big super jackpot. I had 7 of them built up last night and had a really big game going and couldn't cash them in. It sucked but thats what makes the game exciting. You gotta get the super jackpots built up, then get your multipliers built up by hitting kitty which is a bitch since it dont register a hit but about half the time, and then you gotta hit that damn dragula shot which is impossible for me seems like. It can be frustrating but it can be very satisfying also and its a big challenge to do it. I love it.

Getting to MM is fun but when you try to build up a big game going,as you put it,it really adds a lot to the game
Can be frustrating as many times tonight I had epic first ball and couldn’t seal the deal on the last ball

#3185 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

hitting kitty which is a bitch since it dont register a hit but about half the time

Fix your game! Haha

#3186 5 years ago

It seems to hit Kitty you need a really clean shot at it. If it hits any of the surrounding obstacles it just bounces around and never gets to the target. Frustrating for sure when you have a bunch of super jackpots stacked up. I still can’t consistently hit Dragula yet either so that adds to the challenge. I can still get a 200mm game on occasion but that’s more luck than pure skill.

My local pinball gallery just got a premium set up. I have convinced myself the pro is great and I don't need a lower play field. Maybe I should not try the premium. I would rather add a Iron Maiden to the collection vs upgrade my pro.

#3187 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fix your game! Haha

I think Who-Dey means that the ball somtimes sneaks to the right of the Kitty target and finds itself in the pops.

At least that what happens to me.

#3188 5 years ago

Honestly I play for the pops. If you miss a little to the left you’ll get your kitty, if you make the pops, a lot of times a pop shot will put it into the target.

#3189 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

My local pinball gallery just got a premium set up. I have convinced myself the pro is great and I don't need a lower play field. Maybe I should not try the premium. I would rather add a Iron Maiden to the collection vs upgrade my pro.

Go try it and see what you have been missing, then I say sell your pro and go into the “Munsters Worse Code Ever” thread and offer one of those crying bitches 60% value for the premium because it sucks so much

#3191 5 years ago

Unfortunately if you used a reverse psychology topic name like :

“Munsters has the worst lower playfield EVA!”

You would be on page 7.

I put my Vote in.

#3192 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Unfortunately if you used a reverse psychology topic name like :
“Munsters has the worst lower playfield EVA!”
You would be on page 7.
I put my Vote in.

Ha...So true..

#3193 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Yep Wife and Kids have told me Munster's LE going nowhere. My top score is still only 98 million its a hard pin!

Excellent score. I’m only up to 78 million on mine.

Ken

#3194 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I think who-dey means that the ball somtimes sneaks to the right of the Kitty target and finds itself in the pops.
At least that what happens to me.

Yup this exactly. Nothing wrong with the game, the shot was designed to be hard like this. Its kind of cool but ticks you off at the same time. Its got to be a very precise shot or it doesn't hit the kitty target.

#3195 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Stay tuned.....

do these go over the top of the ones on the game as shipped?

#3196 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

do these go over the top of the ones on the game as shipped?

Did you buy an LE? If so IMHO I would removed those to add these. Wouldn't want to build up the side walls too thick adding layers that might rub when lifting the playfield.

#3197 5 years ago

Just installed Stern's HD glass to my Munsters Premium. It is a big improvement. 1st picture is with the standard glass 2nd picture is the HD glass.

Screenshot_20190420-190239_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190420-190239_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190420-190246_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190420-190246_Gallery (resized).jpg
#3198 5 years ago

Pictures with the game powered up and the lights on in the room. 1st picture standard glass 2nd is HD glass.

Screenshot_20190420-190254_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190420-190254_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190420-190300_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190420-190300_Gallery (resized).jpg
#3199 5 years ago

Pictures with the game powered up and the lights off in the room. 1st picture is with standard glass 2nd is HD glass.

Screenshot_20190420-190307_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190420-190307_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190420-190336_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190420-190336_Gallery (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/64?hl=gamerrick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.