Topic Stats

• 4,332 posts
  • 304 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by HarrieD
  • Topic is favorited by 112 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 892 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8304 (resized).JPG
IMG_8305 (resized).JPG
IMG_8306 (resized).JPG
IMG_8301 (resized).JPG
IMG_8299 (resized).JPG
IMG_8298 (resized).JPG
IMG_8297 (resized).JPG
IMG_8300 (resized).JPG
tm12 (resized).jpg
tm11 (resized).jpg
tm13 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190521_210944391_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_5201 (resized).JPG
20190521_082551 (resized).jpg
20190520_191242 (resized).jpg
20190520_191808 (resized).jpg

There are 4332 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 87.
#2951 41 days ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

In modern day CICD this shouldn't happen. There are test in place to prevent this as part of the pipeline.
Granted Stern may not have Test or CICD pipeline in place. Or SDK . IDK how modern their practices are as they are not Open Source.

Well then it definitely seems possible at least. Seems like something to look into assuming to can put good policies in place to ensure games are being damaged. Get some bug fixes off their plate.

#2952 41 days ago

Most modern day devs practice CICD with managed pull request. Meaning everything that gets committed to final code is fully vetted by a senior member of team. This is what I do everyday. My guess is Stern and most pinball manufacturing companies are 5-10 years behind industry as its hard to pay folks with this knowledge. Which is why they should lean hard on folks that can contribute freely. For me it would be a great sideline project for the hobby.

#2953 41 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

6 SJPs at 6x is around 40mm if I remember right.

I think 6 at 6x is about 37 million. I think my highest collect has been ~43million.

#2954 41 days ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Seriously can’t see how this can be 0.99 and not 0.98.1 instead.
Come on Stern... please don’t take away our hope that new code features might be added prior to getting to 1.0. But in the end, I’m probably just being selfish. I enjoy the gameplay and play-ability quite a bit already. I’m not hoping for a compete structure change... just some enhancements (and not just fixes) to add some wow factor!!

I really would like to see some code changes to balance scoring and give you more options to score points, right now Munsters is a one trick pony, get your jackpots stacked and collect them with playfield multiplier.

Maybe some way to take a large instant collect off of a well played mode instead of taking the super jackpots from it so for example you blow up spot and you can then shoot the scoop or dragula and take an instant large payout and not get the super jackpot stacks from that particular mode. It would at least give some other scoring options than the super jackpot collects. I also wish there were some multiballs that weren't considered modes that would allow you to bring spot or enlarging ray in with one of the multiballs.

#2955 41 days ago
Quoted from Ven:

I really would like to see some code changes to balance scoring and give you more options to score points, right now Munsters is a one trick pony, get your jackpots stacked and collect them with playfield multiplier.

Not entirely true. Munster madness I And II can be big scoring if you play them efficiently and don’t time out the stages.

#2956 41 days ago

I scored 141 mil on MM 1 and my highest super jackpot was 59 miles with 8 sj lit (I think)

#2957 41 days ago

There's a lot of different ideas they could've done for additional side modes.
Eddie Munster loops for the times he emerges from closets / cupboards etc.
Marilyn ramp shots for chased away boyfriends.
A timed mode to hit all the family member shots to bring them all to meal table. Breakfast and Dinner! With raising point scale depending on how many times you bring them to the table!

I mean there's so much they could've done with the content.

#2958 41 days ago

They could still do it

#2959 41 days ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

They could still do it

I can’t imagine we are going to see any significant code updates unless Stern decides that it will make a big enough difference in incremental sales above their projections. Don’t know how many hundreds of potential sales it would take (I’m one) but sadly seems like pointless dreaming at this point.

#2960 41 days ago

I wouldn't push any code panic buttons yet, let's see how this plays out. In the meantime it is fun as hell, great flow and call outs. Additional stuff can always be added especially if Gary wants to keep this on the line for a few years for prospective buyers. Not to beat a dead horse but we have been down this path with TWD and that turned out amazing, I know different coder all together but still Dwight has the chance to take a very good solid game and make it great.

#2961 41 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I wouldn't push any code panic buttons yet, let's see how this plays out. In the meantime it is fun as hell, great flow and call outs. Additional stuff can always be added especially if Gary wants to keep this on the line for a few years for prospective buyers. Not to beat a dead horse but we have been down this path with TWD and that turned out amazing, I know different coder all together but still Dwight has the chance to take a very good solid game and make it great.

Couldn't agree more...game is very fun for me as is. Can stand on it's own as is, imho. Stern finally beefs up the cab, makes a solid/ fun/ beautiful game, yet there must always be something....I'm very fortunate to not be a very good player (but my passion is at least equal to the pinball gods), and rarely get to the deep stuff anyway....

#2962 41 days ago

I wouldn't push any code panic buttons yet

I don’t think anyone is pushing any panic buttons. I just think it’s reasonable to assume that the existing code is pretty close to the final code. For some, that’s fine. For others it may be the difference between buying and not. I haven’t decided which camp I’m in and I’m sure I’m not alone.

#2963 41 days ago

I was surprised that some LEs showed up on the market, as I'd been told they were all sold out at TPF.

#2964 41 days ago

What's the thinking about putting on a PlayField protector before shooting any balls?

#2965 41 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

I can’t imagine we are going to see any significant code updates unless Stern decides that it will make a big enough difference in incremental sales above their projections. Don’t know how many hundreds of potential sales it would take (I’m one) but sadly seems like pointless dreaming at this point.

That sucks I hear ya
Fortunately for me code is not the biggest factor in my decision making on games I want in my home
My favorite era by far are the 90s pins to me they are great and have personality (if that makes any sense)
At one point I sold the ones I had to get newer deeper code games and now have found myself replacing the ones I had for the new ones that replaced them

Shadow,AFM,Elvira I now am trying to get back
Munsters fits right in with the pins in my small collection which just to me,says a lot
It’s as good as MB and many others from that time period
Don’t get me wrong still love the deeper games and am currently mulling over which one is for me just saying it’s not what makes or breaks a game for me
I still think Dwight will add SOMETHING
Not a whole bunch as this is a throwback game but I think it will be something

#2966 41 days ago

They could still do it

Yep, there are a lot of us itching to pull the trigger if they would just bring the code up a notch.

#2967 41 days ago

I like reading all the recent postings on this game, it just reinforces everything I've felt about it since I got it (Pro model). I've had mine since Feb 1st, 465 games so far and like it more than I did last week, the week before that, and the month before that, well you get the picture. One of the things I like about this game is going for the many individual achievement awards, yes other games have this too I know. I have a lot of fun playing this game going for some of those individual scoring goals. In fact we should start a little weekly challenge goal for all of us, just for fun. I'll put the first one up, Herman Champion, 23,676,900. I'm sure someone will post a higher score before nights end, but this could be fun for all of us. We can elect someone for next weeks challenge posting, like Spaceman, your up for that right Spaceman

I feel like the honeymoon ended a month ago for me and of my 5 game collection guess which game I enjoy playing the most, yup, Munster's. I think the entire package on this game is great, Stern did a great job on this game. It sucks you in, is challenging, rewarding, and just damn fun in so many ways, and I'm talking Pro version here guys. Yes, I am upgrading to a Premium soon, but even the Pro version is great with it's single level playfield. My mistake (not really a mistake) was playing an LE, after experiencing the game with the lower playfield I knew it was just a matter of time before I'd bag a Premium. Also reading posts from all those who now own Premiums has also been an inspiration to make the upgrade.

So hopefully in a few weeks I can join the Premium owners club, and have more stories to share.

20190226_212045 (resized).jpg
#2968 41 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t think anyone is pushing any panic buttons.

Did you read this thread lol:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever

I do agree with you 100% and just as Dwight revisited Star Wars with a great code drop, he can still deliver a 1.00.0 final to speak with some extra content for Eddie loops and Marylin ramps shots plus maybe (I'm reaching here) a final wizard mode when you have completed MM level 2 etc...

Who knows what the future can bring and it's always human nature to want more but it's pretty good as it stands and some extras would be great.

#2969 41 days ago

Did you read this thread lol:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever
I do agree with you 100% and just as Dwight revisited Star Wars with a great code drop, he can still deliver a 1.00.0 final to speak with some extra content for Eddie loops and Marylin ramps shots plus maybe (I'm reaching here) a final wizard mode when you have completed MM level 2 etc...
Who knows what the future can bring and it's always human nature to want more but it's pretty good as it stands and some extras would be great.

Yeah, I just read that one. Some good points lost in hyperbole on both sides.

Yes, it’s always human nature to want more but in this case that would require a large cash outlay and a hope that what was an exception for Dwight is repeated. Until there is no reasonable shot of getting a Premium NIB I don’t have anything forcing my hand on a decision so I’m perfectly fine in waiting to see what the future brings.

Munsters is a perfect fit for my game room. But for it to come in, I need to be relatively confident it will stay for an extended period of time. I don’t yet have that confidence. Unlike many here I can still love the game but not want it. And that’s where I am today. But I still want to want it.

#2970 41 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Munsters is a perfect fit for my game room. But for it to come in, I need to be relatively confident it will stay for an extended period of time.

If you are a Munsters fan i can tell you right now that you will love it for sure. If you don’t care about the theme, who knows? Have you played the game yet?

#2971 41 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you are a Munsters fan i can tell you right now that you will love it for sure. If you don’t care about the theme, who knows? Have you played the game yet?

I am indeed a big Munsters fan and wouldn’t even be considering the game if I wasn’t. I was on the list with my distributor for an LE for over a year. Bought one day one but then decided to cancel my order (primarily because I didn’t like the LE art package as much ad the Premium).

Played a Pro and Premium for quite a bit when the game was first released and wrote a few reviews. Played the Premium quite a bit at TPF. Have not played .98 or .99 code but there isn’t much new. I’m not a great player, but am reasonably confident I’ve seen almost everything except all the match scenes. That alone bothered me.

I hedged my bets and got both Pro and Premium translites signed by the actors and design team in case I buy one. Like I said - I want to want the game. But not convinced enough to pull the trigger yet. And that’s 99% because the code is currently pretty much a one trick pony. No matter how smooth the shots are or beautiful the art is or how much I like the theme, that’s a big hurdle for me to get over.

#2972 41 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

I am indeed a big Munsters fan and wouldn’t even be considering the game if I wasn’t. I was on the list with my distributor for an LE for over a year. Bought one day one but then decided to cancel my order (primarily because I didn’t like the LE art package as much ad the Premium).
Played a Pro and Premium for quite a bit when the game was first released and wrote a few reviews. Played the Premium quite a bit at TPF. Have not played .98 or .99 code but there isn’t much new. I’m not a great player, but am reasonably confident I’ve seen almost everything except all the match scenes. That alone bothered me.
I hedged my bets and got both Pro and Premium translites signed by the actors and design team in case I buy one. Like I said - I want to want the game. But not convinced enough to pull the trigger yet. And that’s 99% because the code is currently pretty much a one trick pony. No matter how smooth the shots are or beautiful the art is or how much I like the theme, that’s a big hurdle for me to get over.

Building and blowing up jackpots pretty much is the main goal but it sure is fun and challenging to do it. Im definitely not going to try and sway your opinion but playing at home where you can hear all the sounds and stuff is also much more fun. I hate playing pinball in barcades and shows because its just too noisy usually and you dont get the same experience at all. Most of your games look to be older simpler games though, so it seems like Munsters would fit in well with you. I love mine more than anything and that wont ever change.

#2973 41 days ago

A Super Loops Eddie mode would be cool, like Loopin Supers ramps on GB. That was one of my favorite modes in the game.

And make it worth good points.

So that, and bring Midnight Madness in as a main mode - maybe Marylin Madness or something.

Some variety between the 3 levels, and a big wizard mode for finishing all 3 levels.

Done.

#2974 41 days ago

Finally got all the mods on. Also updated code to .99

0852177C-31F2-4A30-96A3-DB3D65B8A57A (resized).jpeg411FEFDB-1400-4502-877A-AC2E79A973BF (resized).jpeg9B86978D-BE07-4071-BA6C-716263988B52 (resized).jpegCE572DD7-80D9-430A-87E7-0C36F868C262 (resized).jpegEE1EEDB9-5996-4E0C-861E-EB9A2E663DFB (resized).jpegFD4EDF57-C87E-4C09-8FDC-6A038809A443 (resized).jpeg
#2975 41 days ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Yep, there are a lot of us itching to pull the trigger if they would just bring the code up a notch.

Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I like reading all the recent postings on this game, it just reinforces everything I've felt about it since I got it (Pro model). I've had mine since Feb 1st, 465 games so far and like it more than I did last week, the week before that, and the month before that, well you get the picture. One of the things I like about this game is going for the many individual achievement awards, yes other games have this too I know. I have a lot of fun playing this game going for some of those individual scoring goals. In fact we should start a little weekly challenge goal for all of us, just for fun. I'll put the first one up, Herman Champion, 23,676,900. I'm sure someone will post a higher score before nights end, but this could be fun for all of us. We can elect someone for next weeks challenge posting, like Spaceman, your up for that right Spaceman
I feel like the honeymoon ended a month ago for me and of my 5 game collection guess which game I enjoy playing the most, yup, Munster's. I think the entire package on this game is great, Stern did a great job on this game. It sucks you in, is challenging, rewarding, and just damn fun in so many ways, and I'm talking Pro version here guys. Yes, I am upgrading to a Premium soon, but even the Pro version is great with it's single level playfield. My mistake (not really a mistake) was playing an LE, after experiencing the game with the lower playfield I knew it was just a matter of time before I'd bag a Premium. Also reading posts from all those who now own Premiums has also been an inspiration to make the upgrade.
So hopefully in a few weeks I can join the Premium owners club, and have more stories to share.
[quoted image]

Love it,nice!

#2976 41 days ago
Quoted from captainBR:

What's the thinking about putting on a PlayField protector before shooting any balls?

I don't know why asking this question brought you some down votes. Several posts back up someone installs a protector before ever playing a game.

All I can tell you is that the Pro model I played at Cactus Jacks had a lot of dimples on the play field. Since the Premium model has that large window for the lower play field, dimples will be less of an issue.

Basic answer is if you don't like dimples on your play field then consider installing a protector. It is your pin in your house. Set it up in the way it pleases you.

#2977 41 days ago

just installed .99 - works fine, but did reset all my settings, high scores, etc... When I selected the full install with verify it failed, but the quick update worked fine. Anyone else have this issue?

#2978 41 days ago
Quoted from mdclips:

just installed .99 - works fine, but did reset all my settings, high scores, etc... When I selected the full install with verify it failed, but the quick update worked fine. Anyone else have this issue?

I did the quick install and my old settings remained exactly where i put them. That was kind of nice. The only thing weird with mine was when i selected the premium download it says its for the LE. I guess it doesn't matter since the premium and LE are the same?

#2979 41 days ago
Quoted from mdclips:

just installed the quick update..saved my settings and scores....like this feature on the new spike uploads..BM66 the same way...

#2980 41 days ago

I finally just cashed out a nice Jackpot! Had 7 of them stacked and cashed them out for 38 million......dang that felt good!!!!

#2981 41 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yeah, I just read that one. Some good points lost in hyperbole on both sides.
Yes, it’s always human nature to want more but in this case that would require a large cash outlay and a hope that what was an exception for Dwight is repeated. Until there is no reasonable shot of getting a Premium NIB I don’t have anything forcing my hand on a decision so I’m perfectly fine in waiting to see what the future brings.
Munsters is a perfect fit for my game room. But for it to come in, I need to be relatively confident it will stay for an extended period of time. I don’t yet have that confidence. Unlike many here I can still love the game but not want it. And that’s where I am today. But I still want to want it.

My thoughts exactly.

#2982 41 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not a bad opto. On fast balls it’s jumping over the opto. My suggestion is to try and put a roof on the right ramp so that the ball stays down when going really fast. Haven’t tried this though.

yup, I put a clear acrylic roof over the curve of the ramps entrance, works 100% now. Looks kind of ghetto, but works.
I sent stern an email 4 days ago, they aren't the best at getting back via email but I figured they probably wouldn't of done anything anyway.

20190412_012808 (resized).jpg
#2983 41 days ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

yup, I put a clear acrylic roof over the curve of the ramps entrance, works 100% now. Looks kind of ghetto, but works.
I sent stern an email 4 days ago, they aren't the best at getting back via email but I figured they probably wouldn't of done anything anyway.[quoted image]

Nice Job! Looks good to me.

#2984 41 days ago

:whistle:LE number 130 here... something is missing though...

20190412_195007 (resized).jpg
#2985 41 days ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

:whistle:LE number 130 here... something is missing though...
[quoted image]

Yeah look a little bare on the side... both sides? Somebody was anxious to get home that day.

#2986 40 days ago

Herman champion score to beat 24 million

#2987 40 days ago

Herman champion score to beat 24 million

Ok, looks like I have to do a little more beating up on Herman then this weekend!

Hey Spaceman, why don't you pick next weeks challenge, and then assign the following to someone else in this thread, and then that person selects the next challenge etc.

BTW, can you belive all the posts on "the worst code ever", what the F!

#2988 40 days ago

Dont make me get serious guys. I'll bash Herman till i break him in half!

#2989 40 days ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Ok, looks like I have to do a little more beating up on Herman then this weekend!
Hey Spaceman, why don't you pick next weeks challenge, and then assign the following to someone else in this thread, and then that person selects the next challenge etc.

I took it with a grain of salt. Worst code / bad code/ ect has been said about MANY games on this site. I just don't get the people that feel the need to "start" a thread about it. Many motives possible. It's seems to be all about them rather then contributing to discussions.

#2990 40 days ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I took it with a grain of salt. Worst code / bad code/ ect has been said about MANY games on this site. I just don't get the people that feel the need to "start" a thread about it. Many motives possible. It's seems to be all about them rather then contributing to discussions.

Ive been told my Munsters sucks, my GB, my AS, my GOT, and even my MET. That leaves me with IMDN, and TWD. At least i have 2 out of 7 games that are good.

When i die someone will probably be able to buy.my entire shitty collection for about 4K.

#2991 40 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ive been told my Munsters sucks, my GB, my AS, my GOT, and even my MET. That leaves me with IMDN, and TWD. At least i have 2 out of my 7 games that are good.

Who told you IMDN and TWD don't suck? Who?

#2992 40 days ago
Quoted from gac:

Who told you IMDN and TWD don't suck? Who?

Well nobody told me that they didnt suck but nobody has said that they did either. I think Spaceman actually said IMDN sucks though so i guess im just down to one good game now and thats TWD. i should have made better choices i guess. Lol

#2993 40 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ive been told my Munsters sucks, my GB, my AS, my GOT, and even my MET. That leaves me with IMDN, and TWD. At least i have 2 out of 7 games that are good.
When i die someone will probably be able to buy.my entire shitty collection for about 4K.

Do you. Who cares what others think.

#2994 40 days ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

BTW, can you believe all the posts on "the worst code ever", what the F!

Take it all with a grain of salt, however I did like when some ignoramus comes in breaking on spaceman credibility about judging IMDM just after two game plays (which he was being sarcastic btw) but the same person totally disregarded the same two game comment about the Munster's by another fellow like he was any more credible with his two plays you can't make this shit up. The green eye monster always rears its head sooner or later, it's classic Pinside.

People should learn if don't have a horse in this race, then just sit it out period.

My wife has been playing it all day, she is having a blast laughing her ass off calling out what segments of video are from what episode etc.... To me that makes it priceless. Fun is what it should all be about.

**Disclaimer ** I still have faith that Gary and Dwight will add more content and mode based rules. Yeah it may cost Stern a few bucks more to add some stuff but think of the rewards in return by selling this title for another 2-3 years. Cash is King and you have to lay some out to get more back in return.

#2995 40 days ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I sent stern an email 4 days ago, they aren't the best at getting back via email but I figured they probably wouldn't of done anything anyway

You are better off calling them

#2996 40 days ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Absolutely sounds like fun.
BUT I meant 24 million is what it takes to beat YOU
I tried last night couldn’t break 6 Hahahaha
Easier said than done

#2997 40 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well nobody told me that they didnt suck but nobody has said that they did either. I think Spaceman actually said IMDN sucks though so i guess im just down to one good game now and thats TWD. i should have made better choices i guess. Lol

I was being sarcastic
Maiden is a great game
I was trolling on Munster hate pages
Basically I was saying Maiden sucks after 5 plays because that what the kid was claiming about Munsters

#2998 40 days ago

Also I had WD for years love that game

#2999 40 days ago

The worse code ever thread is a joke no I can’t believe it
This game is a masterpiece

#3000 40 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Do you. Who cares what others think.

No i love all of my games and feel lucky as hell to have them. I was just joking pretty much and i could care less what others think. Munsters is definitely getting some undeserved hate though for sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
8,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Canton, OH
8,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, OR
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 399.95
There are 4332 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 87.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside