P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg
munsters_black (resized).jpg
Munsters (resized).jpg
Munsters Cover (resized).jpeg

There are 11,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 237.
#2901 4 years ago

That was it, good old fashioned user error

#2902 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

That was it, good old fashioned user error

Good for you. I will try again tomorrow.

#2903 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Not starting any trash but looking at BK makes me even happier I got Munsters since I could only own one

I have to Agree Munsters Le looks like it is better bang for buck.

#2904 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Good for you. I will try again tomorrow.

I think when it boots up and shows the file and says press volume up and down to select. Don’t do anything, just hit select to continue. I think the file is already selected. The interface needs a lot of work.

#2905 4 years ago

2nd week with Munsters the honeymoon is over and still in love!!

#2906 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I think when it boots up and shows the file and says press volume up and down to select. Don’t do anything, just hit select to continue. I think the file is already selected. The interface needs a lot of work.

I will try that tomorrow . I am ok with .96 for the moment. I have no choice.lol

#2907 4 years ago

Like who-dey said the game for me is addicting
Like him and I am sure others at times I literally can’t stop playing the game
Favorite part is still Raven multiball just loves how it chimes in and the ramps are amazing
The lower playfield I haven’t even got to that it’s fun and well implemented best “toy” since I don’t know when
Theme integration (spelling wrong? Unsure) is just very very good .
The art and look of the game cmon

The topper looks very nice as well
Love clocking the big man in the belly Munsters is the bomb
A MAAAD GENIUS!

EDIT-spelled integration right ha ha

Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I have to Agree Munsters Le looks like it is better bang for buck.

#2908 4 years ago

The potential of this game is insane

#2909 4 years ago

Ok ive been trying for the last few days to stack about six jackpots and hit Kitty and get my multipliers up and cash them out. So far i keep getting right there constantly and then the game kicks me in the balls every time. Im just wondering about how many points that i can expect to get once i finally cash them in? Any ideas at all? Once i achieve this i can only imagine how pumped that im going to be if i cash in big and blow the game up. What is your guys biggest Jackpots?

#2910 4 years ago

Like who-dey said the game for me is addicting
Like him and I am sure others at times I literally can’t stop playing the game
Favorite part is still Raven multiball just loves how it chimes in and the ramps are amazing
The lower playfield I haven’t even got to that it’s fun and well implemented best “toy” since I don’t know when
Theme intergration(spelling wrong? Unsure) is just very very good .
The art and look of the game cmon
The topper looks very nice as well
Love clocking the big man in the belly Munsters is the bomb
A MAAAD GENIUS!

Anyone who listens to the haters on this game that was interested in buying it and then decided not to just because of the few people that ran the game into the ground is making one big ass mistake, thats all i got to say. This game is fun as hell in many many ways and its not going to get old or boring. Its so challenging that it makes you grit your teeth and hit the start button over and over and over. Ive been getting so pissed trying to blow this game up that im about ready to pull the damn hair out of my head, all three of them!

#2911 4 years ago

Sick of listening to haters and Sick of listening to hyper's can not escape it in pinball.

#2912 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Sick of listening to haters and Sick of listening to hyper's can not escape it in pinball.

Same here bro! The damn hypers are almost as bad as the haters!

#2913 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Anyone who listens to the haters on this game that was interested in buying it and then decided not to just because of the few people that ran the game into the ground is making one big ass mistake, thats all i got to say. This game is fun as hell in many many ways and its not going to get old or boring. Its so challenging that it makes you grit your teeth and hit the start button over and over and over. Ive been getting so pissed trying to blow this game up that im about ready to pull the damn hair out of my head, all three of them!

Confession time.
I fire-up my Munsters LE more then My MBR-LE..for whatever that is worth. Obviously a Awesome, addicting game for me.

#2914 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Confession time.
I fire-up my Munsters LE more then My MBR-LE..for whatever that is worth. Obviously a Awesome, addicting game for me.

That says a lot for Munsters because MB is an amazing game. If we can even talk about Munsters in the same conversation as Monster Bash thats a huge compliment for Munsters.

#2915 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Yep it is super hard to get an "honest" opinion on a game.

#2916 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

For sure. You just have to listen to the people that you trust.

#2917 4 years ago

For real though seriously I try to find fault with the game and sure there are shortcomings and sometimes I get mad at it but it so damn fun kinda washes that stuff out for me

#2918 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im just wondering about how many points that i can expect to get once i finally cash them in? Any ideas at all?

6 SJPs at 6x is around 40mm if I remember right.

#2919 4 years ago

Well my LE got here today (should check my e-mails) Pick it up tomorrow

#2920 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

6 SJPs at 6x is around 40mm if I remember right.

Might depend on the type of jackpots also because you got the blue and red ones also right? Its amazing how many times you fail to cash in on Jackpots because it seems like it would be fairly easy. I actually love the rules that Dwight wrote to this game. I think he did a killer job on it.

#2921 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Might depend on the type of jackpots also because you got the blue and red ones also right? Its amazing how many times you fail to cash in on Jackpots because it seems like it would be fairly easy. I actually love the rules that Dwight wrote to this game. I think he did a killer job on it.

Each SJP is the same amount on its own. But if you have more than one ready to collect they get a boost:

2 of them is with about 3 of them on their own.

3 of them might be worth 5 of them on their own.

And so on.

I hope that makes sense.

#2922 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

I suppose that's because an honest opinion is based on an individual's take, not any kind of standard metric. Very subjective.

Genuinely believe some people can despise , love, complain, or praise the same game. Doesn't make any of them "wrong" or "right".

Trolling can also be done to trash or over hype a game or mod. That's probably the hardest stuff for me to stay engaged with....

#2923 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Each SJP is the same amount on its own. But if you have more than one ready to collect they get a boost:
2 of them is with about 3 of them on their own.
3 of them might be worth 5 of them on their own.
And so on.
I hope that makes sense.

Yep it makes sense. I just cant wait to cash in on some. I'll be giving her another try tonight! This pin is going to get a lot of plays out on it i can see that right now.

#2924 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep it makes sense. I just cant wait to cash in on some. I'll be giving her another try tonight! This pin is going to get a lot of plays out on it i can see that right now.

I’ve been trying the same thing. Stack em up and get the kitty going. Then blam draino! Ha ha so much fun though!

#2925 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’ve been trying the same thing. Stack em up and get the kitty going. Then blam draino! Ha ha so much fun though!

I know man lol. Its like it should be pretty easy to achieve but you can never quite make it happen. That Spot shot is a MF'R too! That is definitely draino city there now. What is considered a good score, 100-200 million?

#2926 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I know man lol. Its like it should be pretty easy to achieve but you can never quite make it happen. That Spot shot is a MF'R too! That is definitely draino city there now. What is considered a good score, 100-200 million?

For sure. Anything over 200mm is pretty awesome imo. Super tough to put it all together. I’ve had games where I’m on MM level 2 and not gotten 200mm, and other games where I’m at 250mm after MM level one. Just depends on what you get setup.

#2927 4 years ago

Do you guys think that Pingraffix Powerblades will throw off too much light and ruin the lighting effects of the some the modes in the game?

#2928 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/77845

Good deal on a NIB Premium if anyone is still looking!

#2929 4 years ago

I just finished my trip from Texas yesterday. On my way home, I always stop at Cactus Jack's and buy a roll of quarters. I put some more time on CJ's Munster Pro. The more I play it the better I like it. The shots are easy, but then again they are not. The right ramp is fairly easy to line up but I have a hard time shooting the left ramp; Yes, I know it is wide open but it is still hard to hit.

I like the orbit shot; Both directions.

I find the play field to be a bit too dark. CJ's keeps their house lights on low and Spot is very hard to see. Eventually, I am going to own one of these pins; Since I play with my house lights on play field lighting will probably not be an issue. But just the same, I would like to see Spot being lit up when he shows his face. Or maybe he is and perhaps CJ's pin has a light burned out. I know CJ's Zap button is not working. The light blinks but the zap button is dead.
=================

Just checking on your powers of observation. I find it interesting that the play field designer(s) decided to shift the flippers to the right side of the play field on Munsters and Guardians instead of locating them in the "normal" centered-to-the-play field position.

How many of you have noticed your Munster flippers are not centered to the play field and the apron? Have you noticed the left inlane plastic is longer than the right inlane plastic? And the space below the flippers is greater on the left side than the space on the right side.

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 10.24.15 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-29 at 10.24.15 AM (resized).png

Stern used a standard apron but centered the Zap button to the full cabinet/lockdown bar width. And then the "shoot again" light and the flippers were centered to the Zap button instead of the apron and play field.

Batman is different. The Zap button is still centered to the lockdown bar but the flippers are centered to the apron so now you see an offset between the flippers and the Zap button.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 9.40.50 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-28 at 9.40.50 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 9.41.56 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-28 at 9.41.56 PM (resized).png

Star wars is like Batman with centered flippers.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 9.32.41 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-28 at 9.32.41 PM (resized).png

While Guardians is offset like Munsters.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 9.43.27 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-28 at 9.43.27 PM (resized).png

Since Beatles and Deadpool do not have Zap buttons their flippers are centered to the play field and the apron.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 9.34.32 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-28 at 9.34.32 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 9.35.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-28 at 9.35.38 PM (resized).png

#2930 4 years ago

Double inlane on the left. That’s causing the off centerness.

#2931 4 years ago

Code .99 posted. The only real change is to Super Jackpot cancellation and timing of the cancelling.

LE/PREMIUM V0.99 - April 10, 2019
=================================
Fixed:
- Canceling Super Jackpot after the cancel message goes away will no longer
leave the super jackpot light lit. If you cancel too late you will recieve
the points for all your stacked Super Jackpots and the light will go out.

Tweaked:
- Changed the diagnostic menu colors to have more contrast.

Moved to System 2.26:
Correct Euro Coin Door/Electronic Coin Mech configuration.
Standard Euro Coin Door now configured as:
"10 units per pulse, Left 5, Center 10, Right 20, 4th 2, 5th 0, 6th 0"
Italian Euro Coin Door now configured as:
"10 units per pulse, Left 5, Center 1, Right 5, 4th 1, 5th 0, 6th 0"

Updated Custom Pricing Editor to display Pricing Format description in the
title area when it is being edited.

#2932 4 years ago

Another code update just dropped....

#2933 4 years ago

Seriously can’t see how this can be 0.99 and not 0.98.1 instead.

Come on Stern... please don’t take away our hope that new code features might be added prior to getting to 1.0. But in the end, I’m probably just being selfish. I enjoy the gameplay and play-ability quite a bit already. I’m not hoping for a compete structure change... just some enhancements (and not just fixes) to add some wow factor!!

#2934 4 years ago

I think this is a pretty good indication that there aren’t going to be any significant game play updates coming and that Dwight wasn’t kidding when he said the game was essentially done at reveal.

I still really want Munsters but am going to wait and see what people think after the honeymoon period has worn off. I’m just not sure the “maximize your jackpots’ goal is going to be enough for me and that Munsters won’t compare favorably next to Batman 66.

#2935 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Seriously can’t see how this can be 0.99 and not 0.98.1 instead.
Come on Stern... please don’t take away our hope that new code features might be added prior to getting to 1.0. But in the end, I’m probably just being selfish. I enjoy the gameplay and play-ability quite a bit already. I’m not hoping for a compete structure change... just some enhancements (and not just fixes) to add some wow factor!!

Agreed. This being a .01 increase doesn't seem to scale.
1-2 side modes not tied to MM progression would be ideal. Utilizing a bit more of the shows actual content, instead of lumping so much of it as possible end of game match sequences would be nice too. Putting it all at the end and not tied to play is lack of better term "lazy".

For crying out loud, put Grandpa's dialog in and audible when you're starting his area. The eerie music is great, but he's obviously talking / mumbling to himself in the clips and we should be able to hear him.

#2936 4 years ago

I love this game but have to agree that this should have been 0.981 since it's a minor tweak.
So much untapped potential- hoping Dwight can surprise us still.

#2937 4 years ago

Bugs I've seen on Premium

#1. Timer keeps going when Getting Grandpa's Mystery shot before ball eject
#2. If you get Start Spot it basically cancels Grandpa's mystery.
#3. Seems that sometimes the Add Time ramp doesn't add time
#4 Lots of timer issues

#2938 4 years ago

Fill me in...does 1.0 mean done?
What do there games go to?
Just asking my WD was 1.56

#2939 4 years ago

I’ve heard the idea of moving Midnight madness to the game
I would be on board for that love playing it

#2940 4 years ago

Fill me in...does 1.0 mean done?
What do there games go to?
Just asking my WD was 1.56

It doesnt mean done neccessarily. It definitely means close to done but they will update as needed even after 1.0

#2941 4 years ago

DP was just updated to 1.00.0
BM 66 to 1.03.0
Beatles to 1.10.0
Maiden to 1.06.0
Nellie to 1.55.0
etc............

I don't think any actual number indicates a final code to be honest

#2942 4 years ago

Love the game as is but hard to think they wouldn’t add something
Dwight will I still think so

#2943 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

DP was just updated to 1.00.0
BM 66 to 1.03.0
Beatles 1.10.0
Nellie 1.55.0
I don't think any actual number indicates a final code to be honest

Starting with whatever was after ghostbusters was when they would release with .80 or whatever code and get to 1.00. That would be basically feature complete, then tweaks and bug fixes after that. Not a hard fast rule though. Just a guide for expectations.

#2944 4 years ago

Love the game as is but hard to think they wouldn’t add something
Dwight will I still think so

One thing I could see possible is a third level to each mode with even more difficult rules, then a third MM with different rules than the first two, then a final wizard mode immediately after that for playing all 3 Munster madnesses.

#2945 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Starting with whatever was after ghostbusters was when they would release with .80 or whatever code and get to 1.00. That would be basically feature complete, then tweaks and bug fixes after that. Not a hard fast rule though. Just a guide for expectations.

Well let's have high expectations for more mode/audible content in 1.0.0

#2946 4 years ago

this is one update I may not bother with

ok..I might as well..but I don't really see the need here.

Menu is now purple instead of green
Remembered my settings this time..nice
also saw a additional clip from the show that I never seen

#2947 4 years ago

Downloading Now - 2 seconds left.. Will update momentarily. Nice having WFH and lunch approaching.

Not sure if Stern uses semantic code versioning or not. Haven't really analyzed what they do.

They are doing the best they can with resources they have. Open Source would save the day on some of this. I'd give the some
of my time to fix things.

#2948 4 years ago

Not much to report update was easy with no effect on previous saved settings.

#2949 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

They are doing the best they can with resources they have. Open Source would save the day on some of this. I'd give the some
of my time to fix things.

If manufacturers did this, how would it work if you gave me updated code and it bricked my game?

#2950 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If manufacturers did this, how would it work if you gave me updated code and it bricked my game?

In modern day CICD this shouldn't happen. There are test in place to prevent this as part of the pipeline.

Granted Stern may not have Test or CICD pipeline in place. Or SDK . IDK how modern their practices are as they are not Open Source.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 11,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.