P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg
munsters_black (resized).jpg
Munsters (resized).jpg
Munsters Cover (resized).jpeg

There are 11,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 237.
#2851 4 years ago

Not starting any trash but looking at BK makes me even happier I got Munsters since I could only own one

#2852 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I was thinking of pulling the cover as soon as it arrives and Mylar protecting it before any hazing or cloudy starts. Mylar is cheap enough to keep redoing periodically and now with the cover screws on top it just makes things a lot easier to rinse and repeat.

Just buy a spare cover or two...or 10.

#2853 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Not starting any trash but looking at BK makes me even happier I got Munsters since I could only own one

Exactly what i was getting ready to post. BK looks sweet but its not Munsters thats for sure. The Munsters kicks Ass!

#2854 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just buy a spare cover or two...or 10.

What are they like $75.00 a pop? Yeah I might grab an extra and toss it in the hole but, gotta try the Mylar for $3.00 route. If it don't pan out just peel and wax lol.

#2855 4 years ago

Got some scratches on the window already (LE) I did take it out on arrival and cleaner the dust... I bet a new window will be $200!

Raven Multiball lightshow looks different on the new code- really cool..

#2856 4 years ago

Surely to God that piece of plastic isnt 75.00-200.00 i hope? If they are that much they shouldn't scratch.

#2857 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Surely to God that piece of plastic isnt 75.00-200.00 i hope? If they are that much they shouldn't scratch.

I was on Sterns site trying to find a way to order parts and see prices, the part # 545-1079-00 but had no luck finding it thus far.

#2858 4 years ago

That's it... I'm pulling all the bulbs and only playing in the dark. Dimples... hazing... What else do I need to worry about.

#2859 4 years ago

Bring on the topper I want that bird talking trash

#2860 4 years ago

The glass isn’t 200 no way
Call your distributor they can get it

#2861 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

That's it... I'm pulling all the bulbs and only playing in the dark. Dimples... hazing... What else do I need to worry about.

Your wife leaving you because your so addicted to the game that you can't stop playing it. Every Munsters game comes with a set of divorce papers. They are located in the plastic bag that is stapled to the side of the cabinet.

#2862 4 years ago

Loaded the new code... had best game ever! Wont say the score... cuz suck regardless... but no issues I noticed....

#2863 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

FtrMech: Did you use a T10 (Torx) screwdriver to remove the screws?
I’m going to clean mine this week but was told this was the correct screwdriver to use.

Think this would be a good add...

https://www.amazon.com/Performance-Tool-W80276-T-Handle-10-Piece/dp/B002NFS6K6/ref=sr_1_4

#2864 4 years ago

Question for you LE / Prem guys that have been putting some time in on your games.
Have you guys noticed any hazing or clouding of the lower PF Lexan cover like we have heard about on some the AC DC units and Lucy Units?

nope....just early dust, and an initial smudge of oil (guessing from the pinballs)..cleaned once when I changed all the rubber out.....been great since...

#2865 4 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

Pinstadium fusions love them!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Jesus that’s a hot mess

#2866 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

nope....just early dust, and an initial smudge of oil (guessing from the pinballs)..cleaned once when I changed all the rubber out.....been great since...

"changed all the rubber out".... ?? Share...

#2867 4 years ago

Hi gang,Sounds like most are enjoying their machines !!!
Got my Munsters Pro really thumpinnnn last night-I finally got my new Sub and Amp installed that I got from a great new seller here on Pinside-Dan and Pinwoofer.It sounds tremendous !! I posted a couple pics on the Pinwoofer thread.
Take care and happy flippin-Kirk

20190214_203101.jpg20190214_203101.jpg
#2868 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

"changed all the rubber out".... ?? Share...

Titans...Posted pics a few pages back. They don't offer mini flipper rings yet, but believe in the works. Everything else done

Highly recommend doing this, considering the black rubber is definitely going to start marking up the window as they wear..

#2869 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Got some scratches on the window already (LE) I did take it out on arrival and cleaner the dust... I bet a new window will be $200!
Raven Multiball lightshow looks different on the new code- really cool..

Those scratches buff right out. Use novus one and you’ll be good to go.

#2870 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Those scratches buff right out. Use novus one and you’ll be good to go.

You sound like a car salesman

#2871 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You sound like a car salesman

That'll buff right out easy....

Screenshot_20190410-143227_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190410-143227_Chrome.jpg
#2872 4 years ago

Just installed new code and had a decent game. Seems to be allot of new light effects - particularly making jackpots on the lower pf now has really cool light effects on the main pf. Makes them feel more integrated.

I’m sure I heard quite a few new sounds but can’t say what they were.

Machine freeze is gone.

Really enjoying this game. Shots/layout are fantastic. Like the basic code structure.

My code wishes:

- Would love to see good variation between level 1, 2 and 3 modes.
- Some sort of side modes - like eddy, marylin and Dragula. That are good for points, not just Supers. For starters, Just bring midnight madness in as one of those modes and make Midnight Madness a scream or something.
- super jackpot needs to show what your cancelling (points value) and what multiplier you’re running at.

I’d be really happy with all that. Please Dwight. This game is straight up fun. Take it to the next level!!!

#2873 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just installed new code and had a decent game. Seems to be allot of new light effects - particularly making jackpots on the lower pf now has really cool light effects on the main pf. Makes them feel more integrated.
I’m sure I heard quite a few new sounds but can’t say what they were.
Machine freeze is gone.
Really enjoying this game. Shots/layout are fantastic. Like the basic code structure.
My code wishes:
- Would love to see good variation between level 1, 2 and 3 modes.
- Some sort of side modes - like eddy, marylin and Dragula. That are good for points, not just Supers. For starters, Just bring midnight madness in as one of those modes and make Midnight Madness a scream or something.
- super jackpot needs to show what your cancelling (points value) and what multiplier you’re running at.
I’d be really happy with all that. Please Dwight. This game is straight up fun. Take it to the next level!!!

Agree with everything you said 100%. This game is one of Sterns best.

#2874 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok so how often are you guys getting balls stuck in your lower playfield? Ive played two nights now and had to get in there and fish out a ball both nights. Is this common or am i just getting that lucky? Luckily i have a telescopic magnet that i fish them out with, best tool in my tool box. Just make damn sure that you turn the power off first if you use one to do this.

Here is where mine are getting stuck. It is happening quite often and yes, my lower flippers are set to "soft". Seems I could remove the lower playfield and bend the little tab in tighter that the rear plastic peice is screwed on to allow enough clearance so the ball falls back down onto the playfield. Not sure what to put on the left plastic that would look good to deflect the ball from getting hung up on the wire form though.

20190409_221752 (resized).jpg20190409_221752 (resized).jpg20190409_221813 (resized).jpg20190409_221813 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190409-221841_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190409-221841_Gallery (resized).jpg
#2875 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Here is where mine are getting stuck. It is happening quite often and yes, my lower flippers are set to "soft". Seems I could remove the lower playfield and bend the little tab in tighter that the rear plastic peice is screwed on to allow enough clearance so the ball falls back down onto the playfield. Not sure what to put on the left plastic that would look good to deflect the ball from getting hung up on the wire form though.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's EXACTLY where mine got stuck at both times. It was a pain getting it off of the little plastic piece. I haven't had a ball get stuck though since the first two days thankfully.

I noticed on this last update the lower playfield flippers are on "normal". Wasnt they on hard on the previous code? They seem to be ok on normal.

#2876 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Titans...Posted pics a few pages back. They don't offer mini flipper rings yet, but believe in the works. Everything else done
Highly recommend doing this, considering the black rubber is definitely going to start marking up the window as they wear..

Did you happen to make a list of what you purchased? Size etc?

#2877 4 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not that you should have to but, in the 1st orbit pic can you wax up that area to make it slippery?
Wire form.... what about getting a couple mini wire ties on the wire form and cut the tail of it off this way they close the gap ?
Might all be a temp fix in meantime

#2878 4 years ago

Question: how is everyone liking their Munsters premium?
Does the black and white look much better in person?

#2879 4 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Question: how is everyone liking their Munsters premium?
Does the black and white look much better in person?

I love mine and will never ever get rid of it. The black and white artwork looks amazing in person. I thought it looked awesome in the pictures too though.

#2880 4 years ago

Here is where mine are getting stuck.

I haven't had a problem but wondering if you added more pitch to the play field maybe it wouldn't get stuck there?

#2881 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I haven't had a problem but wondering if you added more pitch to the play field maybe it wouldn't get stuck there?

My pitch is at 7.2 the ball goes airborne and lands in there from the top and literally "wedges" itself against the 2 plastics that is why I think if I can bend the bracket back far enough to allow clearance for the ball to fall through to the playfield it would fix the problem. I don't think any amount of playfield angle would make any difference.

#2882 4 years ago

My pitch is at 7.2 the ball goes airborne and lands in there from the top and literally "wedges" itself against the 2 plastics. I don't think any amount of angle would make any difference.

So what are your guys methods for getting the balls unstuck?

#2883 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So what are your guys methods for getting the balls unstuck?

The first time I pulled the window out of the playfield. After that, I found a long skinny screwdriver that fit through the slots in the lower playfield and pushed the ball out. When the ball gets stuck on the wire form I flipped the playfield up 90゚ and it falls out. Ironically the last time I did that the other ball fell out of the out hole and got wedged into the plastic behind the machine as shown in the photo. What a pain in the ass!

#2884 4 years ago

The first time I pulled the window out of the playfield. After that, I found a long skinny screwdriver that fit through the slots in the lower playfield and pushed the ball out. When the ball gets stuck on the wire form I flipped the playfield up 90゚ and it falls out. Ironically the last time I did that the other ball fell out of the out hole and got wedged into the plastic behind the machine as shown in the photo. What a pain in the ass!

Ive been using this. It does pretty well.
https://www.pinballlife.com/telescoping-magnet-tool.html

#2885 4 years ago

Question for you LE / Prem guys that have been putting some time in on your games.
Have you guys noticed any hazing or clouding of the lower PF Lexan cover like we have heard about on some the AC DC units and Lucy Units?

Yes definitely. How to keep that clean and clear is the hardest problem owning this pin IMHO

#2886 4 years ago

Any further opinions as to whether Pin Stadiums enhance the LE or Premium (lower and upper play fields)? Especially now that the code update has enhanced the lightshow?

#2887 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yes definitely. How to keep that clean and clear is the hardest problem owning this pin IMHO

I cleaned mine once to get the factory dust out
Then it clouded a little
Took it out again and cleaned it
It has never come back as of yet

#2888 4 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Any further opinions as to whether Pin Stadiums enhance the LE or Premium (lower and upper play fields)? Especially now that the code update has enhanced the lightshow?

There’s a post with them installed here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/57#post-4929576

I think you can tell from the downvotes what the overall opinion is, but you can make your own mind up.

#2889 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Think this would be a good add...
amazon.com link »

Nope...I screwed up and used an Allen Wrench...lesson learned. Stern already sent me replacement fasteners but I like the looks of the stainless steel ones I replaced the original ones with. I will hold on to the original Torx screws, put them in the cash box. Regardless, thanks for the tip on the Torx T-handle set....it will be ordered.

#2890 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

replaced the original ones with

If anyone else wishes to replace them to allen hex head screws, they are 6-32 x 3/4" flat head screws.

#2891 4 years ago

Iceman is setting his LE up right now. Another Munsters addict coming!

#2892 4 years ago

I am having a heck of time updating my software, and I’ve updated a lot of machines. Keeps saying I don’t have a valid file. Downloaded 3 times. Thoughts?

5EB635A7-B710-4BB7-8293-941F5388A9E9 (resized).jpeg5EB635A7-B710-4BB7-8293-941F5388A9E9 (resized).jpeg
#2893 4 years ago

I dont know shit but are you dragging the file and dropping it in your USB folder?

#2894 4 years ago

Oh sorry, i just read where you said you don't have a valid file. You didnt download the read me file did you? Maybe you need to reformat your USB? im sure none.of that works so sorry in advance, just trying to help.

#2895 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont know shit but are you dragging the file and dropping it in your USB folder?

Yep, dragging that file to the root of my usb stick. Like I’ve done many times before. Idk why it won’t take this one

#2896 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I am having a heck of time updating my software, and I’ve updated a lot of machines. Keeps saying I don’t have a valid file. Downloaded 3 times. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

Should that file have those numbers after the .spk ? Seems weird.

#2897 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should that file have those numbers after the .spk ? Seems weird.

I agree it seems weird, but I am following Stern’s directions.
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains SPK file(s).
3 - Open folder, copy only the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick. Do
not copy the folder.

#2898 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're using Windows to unzip it, use something like WinRAR instead. The built-in winzip extractor has problems with the Stern zips sometimes. Makes a bad file, but won't give you an error so you know.

I recall this
mentioned before
Post #1750
if you wanna try that..worked for someone else that couldn't make it work

I have good luck open /copy/paste

#2899 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

[quoted image]

Same problem for me . I gave up after 3 try’s. Never had any issues on my Stern updates before.

#2900 4 years ago

Well weird. I think the file was always fine. The interface on the game is not very intuitive. I think I was unselecting the file and clicking select, so it said invalid. Idk at any rate it’s updating now. Fingers crossed. That interface on the game could really be improved so it obvious if you’ve selected the file.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.