P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg
munsters_black (resized).jpg
Munsters (resized).jpg
Munsters Cover (resized).jpeg

There are 11,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 237.
#2751 4 years ago

Another really cool feature "I'm sure not by design" for the Prem and Le is with the lower PF there is at lot less dimpling area

Sorry couldn't resist, besides I have nothing else to post on it considering mine was set back a week or two

#2752 4 years ago

I cash in super jackpots anytime I have a 6x multiplier on.i find canceling barely raises the points and not worth the risk of next time not having a 6x multiplier.

#2753 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I cash in super jackpots anytime I have a 6x multiplier on.i find canceling barely raises the points and not worth the risk of next time not having a 6x multiplier.

I think the SJP value for each SJP is the same if on their own. The values jump as you collect multiple at once.

If you have 2 SJPs ready, it’s worth about 3 of them on their own. Then goes up from there. I’ve never collected all 10 at once, but I bet at 6x it would be at least 200 million.

#2754 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Another really cool feature "I'm sure not by design" for the Prem and Le is with the lower PF there is at lot less dimpling area
Sorry couldn't resist, besides I have nothing else to post on it considering mine was set back a week or two

Agree but now I get mini dimples.

DE9096F5-6955-4164-9E4F-BB2B41016883 (resized).jpegDE9096F5-6955-4164-9E4F-BB2B41016883 (resized).jpeg
#2755 4 years ago

Just some FYI for the Le/Premium owners electing to remove the lower playfield glass (Grandpa's Lab),...I went to remove my lower PF glass from the playfield this morning, figured I would finally get around to cleaning all the dust that accumulated on the underside and in the process I stripped out 3 of the Allen-head fasteners during removal...they are very shallow for the Allen wrench not allowing much of a bite not to mention the rubber O-rings provide a bit of resistance. Anyway, in case you end up in this situation, ACE Hardware just happens to have the exact size fastener but in stainless...a bit stronger and look good installed...as stated, just some FYI. Stainless is on the Left in the comparison photo.

Fasteners (resized).jpgFasteners (resized).jpgMunsters PF 1 (resized).jpgMunsters PF 1 (resized).jpg

#2756 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I remember hearing Dwight say that when younstack the jackpots that they actually increase in value and then you can also hit kitty and the 5 times dragula to increase them that way also. Where is Chuckwurt when we need him??

I think 5x dragula only increases the dragula value.

#2757 4 years ago

@FtrMech: Did you use a T10 (Torx) screwdriver to remove the screws?
I’m going to clean mine this week but was told this was the correct screwdriver to use.

#2758 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

FtrMech: Did you use a T10 (Torx) screwdriver to remove the screws?
I’m going to clean mine this week but was told this was the correct screwdriver to use.

I used an Allen Wrench...I see what you are referring to...

#2759 4 years ago

Not sure if that’s as effective to remove them. Stern support recommended to me the T10 torx as the tool of preference.
Regardless, your replacements look good.

#2760 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Not sure if that’s as effective to remove them. Stern support recommended to me the T10 torx as the tool of preference.
Regardless, your replacements look good.

I think you are right, looking close at my comparison photo I can definitely see a difference...I screwed up. Glad it was easy to rectify...another lesson learned.

#2761 4 years ago

However just in-case do you have a reference number for them from Ace?

#2762 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

However just in-case do you have a reference number for them from Ace?

Sorry, I sure don't...

#2763 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree but now I get mini dimples.
[quoted image]

That's why I bought a Pro so I only have one playfield with Dimples. Regular ones - not those mini versions.

#2764 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

That's why I bought a Pro so I only have one playfield with Dimples. Regular ones - not those mini versions.

My view - the more playfields with dimples the better - it means I am enjoying playing pinball!!!!!!

#2765 4 years ago

I’ve been dimpling the fuck outta both of mine! Love it

#2766 4 years ago

I have never had the urge to buy one of the real knockers for any of my Stern machines. I can live with the occasional match knock or free game knock.

This Munsters machine is making me rethink that.

It knocks at everything!

#2767 4 years ago

Ok now that i know what im doing a little bit and what im wanting to achieve with these jackpots, this game has just became fun as hell and insanely addictive. Shallow code maybe but its a brilliant and fun code! Doesn't get much better than this folks!

I did experience the lower playfield bug today during a really good game and that screwed my eyes out and pissed me off....grrrr!! I'm also loving this lower playfield because it is fun as hell and the more you play it, the funner it gets and it actually has meaning and the shots take skill to hit!

Holy shit im stoked about this game. I feel like Spaceman right now!!

#2768 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok now that i know what im doing a little bit and what im wanting to achieve with these jackpots, this game has just became fun as hell and insanely addictive. Shallow code maybe but its a brilliant and fun code! Doesn't get much better than this folks!
I did experience the lower playfield bug today during a really good game and that screwed my eyes out and pissed me off....grrrr!! I'm also loving this lower playfield because it is fun as hell and the more you play it, the funner it gets and it actually has meaning and the shots take skill to hit!
Holy shit im stoked about this game. I feel like Spaceman right now!!

Yep, code has good bones and is quite unique.

And the lower PF is actually rewarding - even on the regular Grampa mode. Hitting Mystery actually gives out valuable stuff and awards one loop. Im always going for Mystery down there, but its the hardest of the 5 shots.

#2769 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yep, code has good bones and is quite unique.
And the lower PF is actually rewarding - even on the regular Grampa mode. Hitting Mystery actually gives out valuable stuff and awards one loop. Im always going for Mystery down there, but its the hardest of the 5 shots.

I watched the original premium reveal where Dwight explained the code basics and seen those guys blowing up the Jackpots and then talked to my buddy Chuckwurt about it a little more and now I have a better understanding. Now all i gotta do is put it all together in a game and make it happen. ....easier said than done but fun as hell trying!

I have yet to cash in big but im working on it and have been close several times. I honestly believe that i would have on the game that the code bug bit me in the ass. Heck i was loving the game even when i didn't know what i was really doing, but now i am just flat out having a blast with it. This code is NOT bad by any means. This shit is fun!!

#2770 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I watched the original premium reveal where Dwight explained the code basics andseen those guys blowing up the Jackpots and then talked to my Chuckwurt about it a little more and now I have a better understanding. Now all i gotta do is put it all together in a game and make it happen. ....easier said than done but fun as hell trying!
I have yet to cash in big but im working on it and have been close several times. I honestly believe that i would have on the game that the code bug bit me in the ass. Heck i was loving the game even when i didn't know what i was really doing, but now i am just flat out having a blast with it. This code is NOT bad by any means. This shit is fun!!

As usual, the more i learn the rules, especially on a game that has good risk/reward, the more I have crap games followed by huge payoff games. But it’s worth it.

I think the best Sjp for me at the moment is about 22m - don’t know how many I had stacked, but multiplier was at 3x. I like that it carries over ball to ball if you don’t cash it in, especially on a game that can be pretty brutal without ball save.

#2771 4 years ago

Launched these today with shooters to follow.
Will be on our site both color and a black and white version.
Custom cast metal with enamel inlays which attach by top quality 3M backing for a quick install and durability.
Also will be at our retail partners shortly.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p207/Pinball-Mod-Mockingbird-Lane-Shooter-Plate-Insert-Munsters.html

20190330_190341 (resized).jpg20190330_190341 (resized).jpg20190330_190350 (resized).jpg20190330_190350 (resized).jpg
#2772 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

As usual, the more i learn the rules, especially on a game that has good risk/reward, the more I have crap games followed by huge payoff games. But it’s worth it.
I think the best Sjp for me at the moment is about 22m - don’t know how many I had stacked, but multiplier was at 3x. I like that it carries over ball to ball if you don’t cash it in, especially on a game that can be pretty brutal without ball save.

The game definitely gets intense at times and when its not intense its fun as hell. Its a good mix of fun and intensity. Most of the people complaining obviously dont understand the rules or havent played the game enough. I mean look at Chuckwurt, he's the biggest rules guy out there and he enjoys the game so that is saying something right there.

I know one thing, spot can kiss my ass. If you don't backhand him its drain city! This game definitely has that one more game feel to it. Stern knocked it out of the park with Munsters. I was going back and forth between Munsters and MBR and i still hope to own a MBR one day but after playing this game for three days.now i know i made the right choice.

#2773 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Most of the people complaining obviously dont understand the rules or havent played the game enough.

100% this.

#2774 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Launched these today with shooters to follow.
Will be on our site both color and a black and white version.
Custom cast metal with enamel inlays which attach by top quality 3M backing for a quick install and durability.
Also will be at our retail partners shortly.
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p207/Pinball-Mod-Mockingbird-Lane-Shooter-Plate-Insert-Munsters.html
[quoted image][quoted image]

This...LOVE IT!!! Ordered...Quality and gorgeous....( Won't need the rod, as I use glowing RGB shooters)...Thanks!!!

#2775 4 years ago

does anyone else have issues with the mini playfield, where the right ramp doesn't register all the time?
Seems it only registers with slower moving balls.

#2776 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

does anyone else have issues with the mini playfield, where the right ramp doesn't register all the time?
Seems it only registers with slower moving balls.

Mine seems to register all the time but i have my flippers set to soft. Where are your flippers set at?

#2777 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The game definitely gets intense at times and when its not intense its fun as hell. Its a good mix of fun and intensity. Most of the people complaining obviously dont understand the rules or havent played the game enough. I mean look at Chuckwurt, he's the biggest rules guy out there and he enjoys the game so that is saying something right there.
I know one thing, spot can kiss my ass. If you don't backhand him its drain city! This game definitely has that one more game feel to it. Stern knocked it out of the park with Munsters. I was going back and forth between Munsters and MBR and i still hope to own a MBR one day but after playing this game for three days.now i know i made the right choice.

I have hundreds of games on our Munsters, I understand the rules and am really not a fan of the code. I want to be able to play a game more than one way and that isn't possible on Munsters, if you want a good score the only way to do that is to stack jackpots and collect them with a good playfield multiplier. IMO for a game to last in a home environment it needs to have some variety to it, something that makes you want to keep playing it and something that keeps it fresh and Munsters just doesn't have that for us right now.

#2778 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

I have hundreds of games on our Munsters, I understand the rules and am really not a fan of the code. I want to be able to play a game more than one way and that isn't possible on Munsters, if you want a good score the only way to do that is to stack jackpots and collect them with a good playfield multiplier. IMO for a game to last in a home environment it needs to have some variety to it, something that makes you want to keep playing it that keeps it fresh and Munsters just doesn't have that for us right now.

I can respect what you are saying but it wont ever get old to me personally. The code doesnt have to be deep for me to love it. Its the whole package on this game here that makes it a great pin. I have other games that have super deep codes, i can play them if i want to dive into a deeper game. To me though the Munsters is the shit and i love everything about it.

#2779 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

I have hundreds of games on our Munsters, I understand the rules and am really not a fan of the code. I want to be able to play a game more than one way and that isn't possible on Munsters, if you want a good score the only way to do that is to stack jackpots and collect them with a good playfield multiplier. IMO for a game to last in a home environment it needs to have some variety to it, something that makes you want to keep playing it and something that keeps it fresh and Munsters just doesn't have that for us right now.

Also this. It’s a very linear design. Another example of this is when you’ve finished the 5 main modes, you literally have no choice but to enter MM by shooting the scoop. There is nothing else active on the Playfield. I can’t think of another game that does this.

#2780 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine seems to register all the time but i have my flippers set to soft. Where are your flippers set at?

whatever default is. Yeah, that's probably a good idea the ball is really hard to control down there. It registers most of them, 4 out of 5.... just not those speed demons.

Quoted from cooked71:

Also this. It’s a very linear design. Another example of this is when you’ve finished the 5 main modes, you literally have no choice but to enter MM by shooting the scoop. There is nothing else active on the Playfield. I can’t think of another game that does this.

Isn't game of thrones kind of like that with hand of the king and the iron throne? where it gives you no choice but to enter the wizard mode after completing X amount of houses.

#2781 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

nope, some how that made things worse. Guess I got some tinkering to do.... it'd be nice if one NIB I received was flawless. Guess I can dream.

#2782 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Isn't game of thrones kind of like that with hand of the king and the iron throne? where it gives you no choice but to enter the wizard mode after completing X amount of houses.

Could be, haven’t had a lot of time on GOT.

#2783 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

nope, some how that made things worse. Guess I got some tinkering to do.... it'd be nice if one NIB I received was flawless. Guess I can dream.

I haven’t even looked but i assume that is an opto that senses the ball going up that ramp right? If so you probably just got a bad opto and hopefully its easy to get to and replace. Call stern and have them send you a new one. 1-800- kickers.

#2784 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I haven’t even looked but i assume that is an opto that senses the ball going up that ramp right? If so you probably just got a bad opto and hopefully its easy to get to and replace. Call stern and have them send you a new one. 1-800- kickers.

Not a bad opto. On fast balls it’s jumping over the opto. My suggestion is to try and put a roof on the right ramp so that the ball stays down when going really fast. Haven’t tried this though.

#2785 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'd give you two upvotes on this if I could.

#2786 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'd give you two upvotes on this if I could.

I tell ya I'm excited about this game. I dont want to turn the damn thing off. I know im in the honeymoon stage but this is a honeymoon that is never going to end i guarantee it. This game is a masterpiece!

#2787 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not a bad opto. On fast balls it’s jumping over the opto. My suggestion is to try and put a roof on the right ramp so that the ball stays down when going really fast. Haven’t tried this though.

Stern needs to do something about this instead of telling people they haven't heard of the problem. You shouldn't have to cobble something up on a $9k machine.

#2788 4 years ago

My right ramp in the lower playfield does not account for a shot at least one time per session .

#2789 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Stern needs to do something about this instead of telling people they haven't heard of the problem. You shouldn't have to cobble something up on a $9k machine.

Even if they come up with a fix, you’ll have to open up your game and do it. Sucks but should be something fairly easy to fix with some experimentation I would think. Now if the window was like the original ACDC, that would be a pain to get to. Haha

#2790 4 years ago

PRO V0.98 - April 1, 2019 <-----Dated April Fool's, but came out 4/8/19
=========================
Fixed:
- Fixed ALLOW SPOT ATTRACT adjustment. If off it will stop the toy from
raising in the attract mode.
- Fixed an issue where tilt would go on too long after all the balls where
drained.
- Fixed sounds being called during test mode
- Fixed the timing of the Zap Jackpot background lamp effect. Zap Jackpot will
no longer show through when they should not.

New:
- Added Herman Multiball Jackpot lamp effect.
- Added Munster Madness Multiball Jackpot lamp effect.

Tweaked:
- Tweaked Shaker motor effect during Super Jackpot award sequence. It's now
less intense and it's more fun.
- Added more intelligence to Mystery. It will start something when the player
has less going on.
- Made the skill shot timer not pause for inactive balls.
- Removed the feature adjustment - START GAME ON CREDIT. This functionality is
now handled by the system.
- Improved the volume and priority of the GRANDPA LABORATORY kick-out sounds
- Reduced how many areas are needed for the first set of areas in MUNSTER
MADNESS LEVEL I from 5 areas to 3. Better than average players that can
trap-up the balls and shoot the lower playfield will have less of what is
easy for them and be more challenging overall. After the 3 sets of areas the
player is forced to play the whole game and put the ball at risk more.

Plus a bunch of system stuff, the only one that's really important is:
Added UTIL->SAVE and UTIL->LOAD which save and restore all game settings
to / from a USB thumbdrive.

Also, "standard" pricing is now $1/1 or $5/7 with the new system.

#2791 4 years ago

Interesting from the read me file:

"Games will now persist ALL SETTINGS after a software update. This
functionality will be available in the game release AFTER the release which
uses system 2.24."

#2792 4 years ago

Added 2 lamp effects.........
Not what I would call a significant update.

#2793 4 years ago
56696972_10157310827024244_5376690152783478784_o.jpg56696972_10157310827024244_5376690152783478784_o.jpg
#2794 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Added 2 lamp effects.........
Not what I would call a significant update.

Yep no mention of bug fixes other than the tilt bug.

#2795 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Even if they come up with a fix, you’ll have to open up your game and do it. Sucks but should be something fairly easy to fix with some experimentation I would think. Now if the window was like the original ACDC, that would be a pain to get to. Haha

Yeah you will still have to remove the glass to fix it but IMO they need to come out with a cover for the ramp instead of people having to make their own.

#2796 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Yeah you will still have to remove the glass to fix it but IMO they need to come out with a cover for the ramp instead of people having to make their own.

Yeah that would be nice and they’ve been known to do that in the past. So not impossible.

#2797 4 years ago

My LPF ramp has not worked at all since day 1 - tried in test mode no go. Ordered new Opto's from Stern (David and Chaz have been GREAT working through this). Then a screw got stuck and broke in LPF. Got the wrong part - twice. However now I think I have everything to fix - but need to take out that lower "head gasket" underneath PF that holds in screws and the opto needs to be changed anyway so off everything comes - having my local Big Toys tech come out to help me.

I have played a few games - but with lower right ramp not working (and for a while the lower light under ramp was not even working but now is) a bit of a buzz kill so once up and running will really get some games in. Living vicariously through everyone else on the thread until I am a go.

#2798 4 years ago

I got my speakers in today, once I get the 5.25 speaker plates in I'll finally be able to upgrade. I also got 244 million last night on .96 code. I hit MM for the first time and that was a blast. I'm really enjoying the risk/reward of stacking jackpots. I'll be upgrading the code tonight.

20190408_173038 (resized).jpg20190408_173038 (resized).jpg20190408_174052 (resized).jpg20190408_174052 (resized).jpg
#2799 4 years ago

And Premium LE:

LE/PREMIUM V0.98 - April 1, 2019
================================
Fixed:
- Fixed ALLOW SPOT ATTRACT adjustment. If off it will stop the toy from
raising in the attract mode.
- Fixed an issue where the grandpa background would continue to run after it
was over.
- Fixed an issue where tilt would go on too long after all the balls where
drained.
- Fixed sounds being called during test mode
- Fixed the timing of the Zap Jackpot background lamp effect. Zap Jackpot will
no longer show through when they should not.
- The Machine award screen will no longer stay on the display longer than it
should.
- Enlarging Ray can now be awarded from Mystery

New:
- Added an adjustment to disable the lower playfield.
- Added a lamp effect during Grandpa Multiball
- Added a lamp effect during The Machine
- Added Herman Multiball Jackpot lamp effect.
- Added Munster Madness Multiball Jackpot lamp effect.

Tweaked:
- Increased jackpot sounds during Grandpa Multiball
- Tweaked Shaker motor effect during Super Jackpot award sequence. It's now
less intense and it's more fun.
- Added more intelligence to Mystery. It will start something when the player
has less going on.
- If you attempt DOUBLE SUPER SKILL SHOT when you have GRANDPA LABORTORY lit
the game will give you extra lower playfield time to complete both.
- Cleaned up the much of the choreography pacing between DOUBLE SUPER SKILL
SHOT, MYSTERY, and GRANDPA'S LABORTORY.
- Made the skill shot timer not pause for inactive balls.
- Removed the feature adjustment - START GAME ON CREDIT. This functionality is
now handled by the system.
- Improved the volume and priority of the GRANDPA LABORATORY kick-out sounds
- Reduced how many areas are needed for the first set of areas in MUNSTER
MADNESS LEVEL I from 5 areas to 3. This will do two things.
1 - Average and lesser players will be able to get to the HURRY-UP
STAGE easier. Having a better chance to shoot for the Hurry-UP and
then see the rest of the multiball.
2 - Better than average players that can trap-up the balls and shoot
the lower playfield will have less of what is easy for them and be
more challenging overall. After the 3 sets of areas the player is
forced to play the whole game and put the ball at risk more.

Looks like they fixed the Grampa freeze thank god. Now back to playing.

And maybe they've nerfed the Munster Madness trap up on top and finish the mode on the lower Pf.

#2800 4 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I got my speakers in today, once I get the 5.25 speaker plates in I'll finally be able to upgrade. I also got 244 million last night on .96 code. I hit MM for the first time and that was a blast. I'm really enjoying the risk/reward of stacking jackpots. I'll be upgrading the code tonight.
[quoted image][quoted image]

FYI: you’re also going to need some sort of spacer. I’m in the middle of doing the same. Got the larger mounting plates etc. the manual shows a speaker gasket and 1/2 inch spacers used in the LE setup. We’ll also need a spacer of some sort. Otherwise the tweeter is hitting the front speaker panel mesh grill.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
5,499 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.