P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg
munsters_black (resized).jpg
Munsters (resized).jpg
Munsters Cover (resized).jpeg

There are 11,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 237.
#2701 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I was just informed my game will be delayed a little, bummer. So temporarily can we stop posting how good the game is and post why it sucks so I can at least feel good in the meantime

My premium was out for delivery yesterday but I decided that this game sucks so bad that I highjacked the truck, drove it to Gary's house, drank a quart of malt liquor and crapped all over the playfield.
Left it in his driveway next to his Fiat. bedtime

#2702 4 years ago

Ok so how often are you guys getting balls stuck in your lower playfield? Ive played two nights now and had to get in there and fish out a ball both nights. Is this common or am i just getting that lucky? Luckily i have a telescopic magnet that i fish them out with, best tool in my tool box. Just make damn sure that you turn the power off first if you use one to do this.

#2703 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok so how often are you guys getting balls stuck in your lower playfield? Ive played two nights now and had to get in there and fish out a ball both nights. Is this common or am i just getting that lucky? Luckily i have a telescopic magnet that i fish them out with, best tool in my tool box. Just make damn sure that you turn the power off first if you use one to do this.

Haven’t had one Who-Dey . Where’s it getting stuck?

#2704 4 years ago

Weird I keep hearing that and waiting for a ball to get stuck down there has never happened to me

#2705 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Haven’t had one who-dey . Where’s it getting stuck?

Yeah where - pic?

#2706 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It sucks so bad that it is fantastic. Sorry.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol let me direct you to the munsters hype/HATE thread. There all the negativity you can handle over there thanks to 3 or 4 people.

Quoted from cooked71:

This game sucks so bad I don’t play any of my other games since I got it. Feel better?

Quoted from MK6PIN:

It sucks so bad I'm learning to cradle and backhand orbit shots on the lower play field!!! Hate this game...Have to keep hitting start button alot...

Sure, let's just keep kicking a brother when he is down. LOL

#2707 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

waiting for a ball to get stuck down there

downloadfile (resized).jpgdownloadfile (resized).jpg

#2708 4 years ago

Not sure why people think this game sucks so bad. Sure the code needs a bit of updating. Other than that it's great.
Ruleset is fairly easy to navigate and gameplay is nice once you tweak it a bit.

#1. Should default to Ball Save timers on just about everything.
#2. Users should be able to tweek Grandpas Lavatory Ball Time

I had a blast with Munster Madness the other day. My daughter 6 just loves the game. When she gets to
wooing and wowing about game that makes my day.

#2709 4 years ago

Quick thoughts/comments on my LE-

Game is great, very fun to play. I'm still running on original .91 code due to issues people have stated with the .96 code. I would love for a new version with bug fixes to be released. My kids like it which is a big deciding factor on games that stay at my house- if they don't like a game, it goes.

Ball save on 5 seconds, but no post adjustments. Soft flippers is the only other 'game' setting I've changed. This can kick your butt pretty good.

Anyone on the fence, as stated by others, definitely a good game. Fun for all.

Who-Dey I hear you on moving games to the basement in my old age Most of my games now reside on what was my front room and dining room so I don't have to deal with stairs.

#2710 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

My daughter 6 just loves the game. When she gets to
wooing and wowing about game that makes my day.

My daughter same thing that’s what it’s all about
Also get a kick out of my 4 year old son singing the Munsters theme from time to time

#2711 4 years ago

Last night saw (or seen? Unsure haha) midnight madness again
I had forgot about it and once again thought that my game had froze
That mode is just sick point blank especially when you don’t know it’s coming

#2712 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Sure, let's just keep kicking a brother when he is down. LOL

You asked...We delivered...

#2713 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Quick thoughts/comments on my LE-
Game is great, very fun to play. I'm still running on original .91 code due to issues people have stated with the .96 code. I would love for a new version with bug fixes to be released. My kids like it which is a big deciding factor on games that stay at my house- if they don't like a game, it goes.
Ball save on 5 seconds, but no post adjustments. Soft flippers is the only other 'game' setting I've changed. This can kick your butt pretty good.
Anyone on the fence, as stated by others, definitely a good game. Fun for all.
who-dey I hear you on moving games to the basement in my old age Most of my games now reside on what was my front room and dining room so I don't have to deal with stairs.

I have honestly had very, very few glitches w new code ( Extended trough time a couple times...Grandpa's lab " stall" once, I think) and am approaching 350 games...1 ball hang in the lab..Easily moved w a nudge...Love this game!!!

#2714 4 years ago

Finally setup my PREM, just finishing testing and post shipment tweaks. I did install the Stern shaker motor. Holy crap its so strong.. maybe I installed it the wrong way ? The LE at the local spot isn't as intense, feels just right.

Does it matter if the rotaion of the weights spin horizontally or vertically of the cabinent ?

The speakers are weak, needs more bass. The LE I play on location has a lot more punch to the music/sounds.

Anyone source upgraded speakers ?

#2715 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

Finally setup my PREM, just finishing testing and post shipment tweaks. I did install the Stern shaker motor. Holy crap its so strong.. maybe I installed it the wrong way ? The LE at the local spot isn't as intense, feels just right.
Does it matter if the rotaion of the weights spin horizontally or vertically of the cabinent ?
The speakers are weak, needs more bass. The LE I play on location has a lot more punch to the music/sounds.
Anyone source upgraded speakers ? Noticed a few pages back it was being discussed, wondering if anyone has had any luck.

#2716 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Haven’t had one who-dey . Where’s it getting stuck?

Had one get stuck on that clear plastic piece behind “the machine”, and one got stuck on the left wireform. Flippers are set to soft but i still get quite a few air balls and thats when it happens.

Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

who-dey I hear you on moving games to the basement in my old age Most of my games now reside on what was my front room and dining room so I don't have to deal with stairs.

Good idea but i only have one living room and that’s the little Miss’s TV room so that would be a big no go for me lol. The cabinet on this game is better built and heavier than previous Stern games. Im sure the weight of the extra playfield factors in also to the games weight.

#2717 4 years ago

Last night saw (or seen? Unsure haha) midnight madness again
I had forgot about it and once again thought that my game had froze
That mode is just sick point blank especially when you don’t know it’s coming

I got to play it also last nite, its cool as hell.

#2718 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

I bet the shaker is fine, they just dont have it coded right. I would disable it if it was me for now. You can try changing the setting to minimal use or whatever it says and see if that helps.

#2719 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

Polk PSW 10 powered sub woofer, all the bass you ever want and more.

#2720 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I have honestly had very, very few glitches w new code ( Extended trough time a couple times...Grandpa's lab " stall" once, I think) and am approaching 350 games...1 ball hang in the lab..Easily moved w a nudge...Love this game!!!

Refreshing to hear someone is rolling up some games on their new pin.

These guys who come on with some 10 year old pin with 25 plays kill me.

#2721 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yea...my lineup is nice, but buy them to play...which I definitely do...

#2722 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have about 600 plays on mine

#2723 4 years ago

Ok, would love to hear some further thoughts from the owners of this really cool pin:

We’ve loaded the new code, had no issues overall and my clan truly enjoy the smooth and theme engrossing gameplay.

I think my only moderate concern at this point is the depth in the current rules.
Really hoping that Marilyn and Eddy get coded in and that the Dragster shot offers some additional layering.
Would aldo love to see some further incorporating of the clips.

Anyway, we all feel this is simply a stunning package with so much potential.

#2724 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Really hoping that Marilyn and Eddy get coded in

They are already in the game:

Eddie - Shooting an unlit orbit or rolling over the flashing right inlane or outer left inlane will qualify the opposite orbit to score an Eddie Loop. Make successive Eddie Loops to score an increasing value, starting at 20k and increasing by 20k per loop. Every 5 Eddie Loops will qualify the Eddie Super Jackpot if it isn’t already available.

Marilyn - Rolling through the flashing inner left inlane will qualify the right ramp to score a Boyfriend Departure. Certain amounts of boyfriend departures will score awards, including Super Jets and qualifying the Marilyn Super Jackpot.

It’s my understand that this game was meant to be a more brutal, but very approachable game. I think most that’s going to be there is there. I like the current package a lot. Very hard to blow it up, and keeps me hitting start.

#2725 4 years ago

Hey Chuck, agreed- very hard to blow it up; but I’m thinking that Dwight can add some layering to those characters & existing code.
Don’t get me wrong, this is a very fun game and no doubt a stunning pin as it stands now.
However, we’re still in the honeymoon phase- just hoping for further depth and enhancements.

#2726 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Had one get stuck on that clear plastic piece behind “the machine”, and one got stuck on the left wireform. Flippers are set to soft but i still get quite a few air balls and thats when it happens.

Good idea but i only have one living room and that’s the little Miss’s TV room so that would be a big no go for me lol. The cabinet on this game is better built and heavier than previous Stern games. Im sure the weight of the extra playfield factors in also to the games weight.

Who-Dey what do you have your lower PF flipper strength set to? Set to soft if you have not done so already. That might help with air balls.

#2727 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Who-Dey what do you have your lower PF flipper strength set to? Set to soft if you have not done so already. That might help with air balls.

I did set it to soft and i like it much better there. It will still hit some pretty big air balls at times though. Its cool until one gets stuck and you have to fish it out lol.

#2728 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I did set it to soft and i like it much better there. It will still hit some pretty big air balls at times though. Its cool until one gets stuck and you have to fish it out lol.

Well Who-Dey at least you have a lower playfield to get an occasional stuck ball. I'm feeling left out of all the fun with my 'one level playfield' Pro. I gotta get me a Premium and trade in my Pro as soon as my Distro gets one in stock that isn't already sold

#2729 4 years ago

Holy fuck
If you can dial in the loop to ramp/ramp shots smoothly man that ball COOKS
I’ve been playing tonight just going for flow man this game can COOK

#2730 4 years ago

Also,in proper lighting,the Herman multi ball is just beautiful

And I love staring grandpa multiball hitting the machine

A MAAAD GENIUS!!!

#2731 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Well Who-Dey at least you have a lower playfield to get an occasional stuck ball. I'm feeling left out of all the fun with my 'one level playfield' Pro. I gotta get me a Premium and trade in my Pro as soon as my Distro gets one in stock that isn't already sold

Just have him order you one brother and when he gets it in make the trade!

#2732 4 years ago

Holy fuck
If you can dial in the loop to ramp/ramp shots smoothly man that ball COOKS
I’ve been playing tonight just going for flow man this game can COOK

Damn right Spaceman, that ball screams around the orbits like a rocket!

#2733 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Damn right Spaceman, that ball screams around the orbits like a rocket!

Totally and if you manage to take that beast and fire it up the ramp haha so fast back to the flipper

#2734 4 years ago

Just saw a premium for the first time in person today and wow that artwork is beautiful.

#2735 4 years ago

Totally and if you manage to take that beast and fire it up the ramp haha so fast back to the flipper

This game is a ton of fun and a great shooter. Just trying to figure out when i should cash in my jackpots and how many i should cancel out and stuff.

#2736 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just saw a premium for the first time in person today and wow that artwork is beautiful.

It sure is, i had a friend come over tonight and he stood there and looked at it and kinda grinned and looked at me and said man that looks unbelievable. He said when you told me it was a black and white game i thought it would be ugly as hell but that is bad ass.

#2737 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game is a ton of fun and a great shooter. Just trying to figure out when i should cash in my jackpots and how many i should cancel out and stuff.

Yeh, it really needs to be clearly displayed how much you’re cancelling before you cancel. Like on B66 when you finish a villain you can cash out/capture or continue, but it shows you clearly what you’ll get if you capture.

And how much more do you get by cancelling and building up the value?

#2738 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, it really needs to be clearly displayed how much you’re cancelling before you cancel. Like on B66 when you finish a villain you can cash out/capture or continue, but it shows you clearly what you’ll get if you capture.
And how much more do you get by cancelling and building up the value?

So if you cancel a couple of jackpots and then drain your ball im assuming you lose all if that correct?

#2739 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So if you cancel a couple of jackpots and then drain your ball im assuming you lose all if that correct?

I’m not sure on that. I think the number of jackpots carries over ball to ball. (There’s the little jackpot counter at the bottom of the screen which I can hardly read lol). But I’m assuming the scoring doesn’t keep building up.

Otherwise there’s no point cashing in until the last ball.

It’s all a mystery - needs to be clearer than what it is. Hoping it will come with future updates.

#2740 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am pretty sure it holds till the end

#2741 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’m not sure on that. I think the number of jackpots carries over ball to ball. (There’s the little jackpot counter at the bottom of the screen which I can hardly read lol). But I’m assuming the scoring doesn’t keep building up.
Otherwise there’s no point cashing in until the last ball.
It’s all a mystery - needs to be clearer than what it is. Hoping it will come with future updates.

I remember hearing Dwight say that when younstack the jackpots that they actually increase in value and then you can also hit kitty and the 5 times dragula to increase them that way also. Where is Chuckwurt when we need him??

#2742 4 years ago

After I got comfy with the game at a point I got annoyed by having to hit the zap button
Now I love it sometimes you have to pick your spots or you will drain in the blink of an eye

#2743 4 years ago

After I got comfy with the game at a point I got annoyed by having to hit the zap button
Now I love it sometimes you have to pick your spots or you will drain in the blink of an eye

Yeah i dont mind it, its kinda fun. Kinda like when high soeed 2 says "shift gears" you reach down and shift gears and your ball drains and you are like Fuuuuuuuuuck!!! Lol

#2744 4 years ago

The zap thing is actually growing on me - I thought it would be the opposite and get more annoying. Still not sure on what it does in relation to Super Jakpots though.

Anyway, some good info here:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Munsters-Rule-Sheet.pdf

And here:
http://tiltforums.com/t/the-munsters-rulesheet/4781

Regarding cancelling the Super Jackpots, they do continue over ball to ball, and the benefit of cancelling appears to be that having more stacked increases the value of all of them. So by cancelling, you’re hoping to build up more Supers. So if you’ve only got 2 Supers stacked for example, more than likely you’ll want to cancel and hold out for more since 3 Supers for example will make all 3 more valuable.

And if you haven’t got the Playfield multiplier running, you’ll also want to cancel until you do.

I also read somewhere that hitting the scoop also increases base jackpot value.

#2745 4 years ago

Ok, the “Shoot the Machine” bug is pissing me off and making the game unplayable at the moment. Happens every few games and usually on a good game also. Going to give the Game a rest until it’s fixed.

No one else getting it?

#2746 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ok, the “Shoot the Machine” bug is pissing me off and making the game unplayable at the moment. Happens every few games and usually on a good game also. Going to give the Game a rest until it’s fixed.
No one else getting it?

I havent encountered that i dont think, 57 games so far. Does the game shut down? If so i havent encountered it yet, .96 code i believe it is im running.

#2747 4 years ago

What I have noticed with Super Jackpots is stack as many as you can and don’t cash out until you have a high a multiplier as possible. Then you can get an incredible reward. Only issue is if you don’t cash out before your last ball you lose it all. I find myself trying to increase the multiplier with a bunch stacked on my last ball and it drains and I lose it all. Risk, reward screnario. My scores are high enough now that’s the only way to get your initials up.

Sometimes I ignore score and try to get both Munster Madnesses complete and sometimes it’s all about jackpot stacking and playfield multipliers. Still hard for me concentrate on both strategies at one. It keeps me coming back time and time again. Same for the kids too.

#2748 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I havent encountered that i dont think, 57 games so far. Does the game shut down? If so i havent encountered it yet, .96 code i believe it is im running.

Just freezes with the “Shoot the Machine” screen after completing Grampa the second time. You can still make shots. But when you drain it does nothing for about 2 minutes.

#2749 4 years ago

Stacking the jackpots is the only way to really get a score above 100 mill. I never collect them until I have at least 6 stacked and the multiplier high. On my games where I've scored above 150 mill I've had jackpots during the game in the ranges of 30-35 mill, that's a big payday and so very cool to see that big score payout when you claim it.

The Zap button feature is super cool too. With 425 games played now it's like automatic now, timing the zap button hits during multiball is great, I'd like to see a video of my hands while all this is going on, gotta be lightening quick.

Love this game, just need to upgrade, calling my distro Monday and giving him a deposit to get in the queue.

#2750 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The zap thing is actually growing on me - I thought it would be the opposite and get more annoying. Still not sure on what it does in relation to Super Jakpots though.
Anyway, some good info here:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Munsters-Rule-Sheet.pdf
And here:
http://tiltforums.com/t/the-munsters-rulesheet/4781
Regarding cancelling the Super Jackpots, they do continue over ball to ball, and the benefit of cancelling appears to be that having more stacked increases the value of all of them. So by cancelling, you’re hoping to build up more Supers. So if you’ve only got 2 Supers stacked for example, more than likely you’ll want to cancel and hold out for more since 3 Supers for example will make all 3 more valuable.
And if you haven’t got the Playfield multiplier running, you’ll also want to cancel until you do.
I also read somewhere that hitting the scoop also increases base jackpot value.

I took the Sern one down to Staples and had it color printed and laminated! Very cool!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
5,499 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.