P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg
munsters_black (resized).jpg
Munsters (resized).jpg
Munsters Cover (resized).jpeg

There are 11,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 237.
#2651 4 years ago

Oh yeah one more thing i would like to add. This game can be brutal at times and really kick your ass. It is not an easy game at all!

#2652 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well i got her all set up and playing. It was a mother effer getting down the basement stairs, I'm not 20 anymore and its starting to show. I took a few pics but my camera sucks on my phone so sorry.
Ok, the black and white artwork ended up looking every bit as good as i thought it would, maybe even a little better. I did have a little scuff on the cabinet, not terrible but definitely a little disappointed in that. The black and white art package though is flat out gorgeous. I dont know if i like it the best or the color on the pro and the LE, they are all three beautiful so everyone is a winner regardless of which model that you have.
On to gameplay. Played my first game and quickly got into Grandpa's Labratory. My very first thoughts of the lower playfield was....oh boy i effed up, this is so not cool and feels like a cheap ass Wal Mart toy....NOT GOOD!!
So i open the coin door and set the lower playfield flippers to soft as others have suggested on here and praying to myself that this somehow makes a difference. Well thank God it did and its actually pretty damn fun so guys if you haven't set your lower playfield flippers to soft, make sure that you do this because it makes all the difference in the world. Is the lower playfield a must? Probably not but it definitely adds to the fun of the game no question about it. I don't neccessarily think its a deal breaker (after 10 games) but its cool for sure and it makes the game look beautiful also.
All i got to say for the haters is, if you cant find fun in this game then you are in the wrong hobby plain and simple. This may not the greatest game ever made, but it is absolutely fun as hell and its flat out beautiful. This game is a great shooting game. It has nice ramps and great orbits, love Herman and Raven multiball, love the show clips, the music, i love everything about this game and it will never leave my collection i can tell you that right now. If anyone is on the fence about this game don'tbe because it is killer. Gotta grab another beer and play some more!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Congrats! This thing is the heaviest Stern I can remember, even with the metal backbox. So maybe it’s not just because you’re getting old (though probably mostly because of that lol).

For me the lower Pf really came to life during Munster Madness. If you can try to play both playfields separately during MM, it’s one if the most satisfying experiences in pinball.

#2653 4 years ago

Yeah i cant wait to experience that, should be insane i bet. I didnt want to stop playing but i have to get some sleep before work lol. I did get a stuck ball in the lower playfield, that was kind of a pain in the ass to get loose. I hope that doesn't happen often. The game is loads of fun though and a definite keeper for me.

#2654 4 years ago

I love backhanding Spot. So far Spot is my favorite mode and shot in the game.

#2655 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I love backhanding Spot. So far Spot is my favorite mode and shot in the game.

Agree, Spot is cool. The Lightshow adds a level of difficulty though.

#2656 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It sure does. That lighting makes the ball hard to keep track of and I like it.

Maybe they can add a bonus mode of hide a seek where Spot pops up and down. Like wack a mole . They could set the timer in grampas basement and you would have 1 minute to shot Spot 10 times for bounus points. Ohh ya, keep it dark .

#2657 4 years ago

Not just in regards to Munsters but.... how is it possible that Stern Shaker Motor kits are out of stock at Stern?

#2658 4 years ago

So what are most of your guys thoughts on the no ball save factory settings? Im thinking i might like a short 5 second ball save. Love this game!

#2659 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So what are most of your guys thoughts on the no ball save factory settings? Im thinking i might like a short 5 second ball save. Love this game!

I put mine to 7 seconds

#2660 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Fuck no ball save

#2661 4 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

I put mine to 7 seconds

Guess I should put mine at 6 seconds to split the difference between you two! I have on 10 and I am lowering soon.

#2662 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Guess I should put mine at 6 seconds to split the difference between you two! I have on 10 and I am lowering soon.

Lol well i think i may put mine on 6 also then! Im not really sure what the purpose for no ball save is but i kinda like having a ball save.

#2663 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Man isnt that the truth! Spot is hard to see when the lights are going off! Its neat though.

#2664 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol well i think i may put mine on 6 also then! Im not really sure what the purpose for no ball save is but i kinda like having a ball save.

Go with 8

#2665 4 years ago

Thats a pretty long time seems like buddy! You are entering Senior Citizen settings territory there!

#2666 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Fuck no ball save and Fuck Dwight for making it factory setting

No ball save adds to the excitement and Adrenalin of this game. It’s a fast shooting, fast playing game. Want a ball save? Hell, throw some rubber bands around the outlanes too. Man up and have some fun reasons to keep pressing start and to feel satisfied for having a good game.

Munsters is really a cool freakin game. Looking forward to the next update, I hope they speed up the stop n go aspects of the code.

#2667 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats a pretty long time seems like buddy! You are entering Senior Citizen settings territory there!

This nearly Senior Citizen with the help of his able adult son dead lifts and carries all machines to and from his basement and does not break a sweat.

Set your ball save to 8. Also install a pin gulp.

No hernias and my balls are saved too.

#2668 4 years ago

The only thing that could of been dumber than no ball save would be no multiball

#2669 4 years ago

I actually like no ball save... makes what skill shot u go for more interesting and a nice risk vs reward .

#2670 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well, back in post #2625 this senior set it at 6 seconds so you going to join the seniors? lol

#2671 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I actually like no ball save... makes what skill shot u go for more interesting and a nice risk vs reward .

In all honesty the skill shots on this game are worthless.

#2672 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

In all honesty the skill shots on this game are worthless.

Regardless its still fun going for... i like hit the super skill shot on the fly...

#2673 4 years ago

Holding Both the left flippers to get the double skill shot on the lower playfield is great.

#2674 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#2675 4 years ago

I have an early Pro and had occasional ball hop on the plunge. Shaved the ramp a bit and it’s smooth a butter now. It was interesting that there is a nice script under the ramap on the play field that reads The Munsters. Kinda like a art Easter egg.

While I was in there I cleaned and waxed the play field for the first time. I thought the game was fast before, now it’s incredibly fast. I actually turned down the flipper power as it was shooting so fast it almost always bounced out of the scoop. Moving from the factory setting on Hard to Normal was much better with the slick play field.

Then I broke my first plastic on a Multiball. The piece that protects the spot ramp sensor by Herman #19. Time to call Stern and order a new plastic.
1B1E24AD-C9FC-4520-BE87-C54AFE079CF6 (resized).jpeg1B1E24AD-C9FC-4520-BE87-C54AFE079CF6 (resized).jpeg520CA8BD-67C4-479F-9BD5-03ABF0E11572 (resized).jpeg520CA8BD-67C4-479F-9BD5-03ABF0E11572 (resized).jpeg

#2676 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Well, back in post #2625 this senior set it at 6 seconds so you going to join the seniors? lol

Im close enough to where i could join you guys.

I felt like a senior citizen trying to get that heavy bastard down the stairs last night lol. It about killed me, had to drink like 2 beers after i got it down there to recuperate! Lol

#2677 4 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

I put mine to 7 seconds

I set my ball save to the maximum possible (I think that's 20 seconds). Makes the game much more enjoyable. I don't agree with Dwight's rationale for the game being programmed to not use a ball save. Moving the outlane posts to the next position to help with ball drains might be in order at some point as well.

#2678 4 years ago

The ball drains on both sides of the Munsters only have two positions. We did move ours in yesterday.

We did not touch the ball save, however.

Even without the save, we all seem to be having better than average ball times with this game.

#2679 4 years ago

Anyone else having trouble with the Dragula launch not getting the ball all the way around the orbit? I tried re aligning the coil plunger with the ball as it was off center and just when you think you have fixed the problem it comes back after a few launches. I have also tried adjusting the coil power up and down and it doesn't seem to make any difference at all. It reminds me of the launch on Demolition Man when the ball kind of rattles it's way out of the chute and then stalls out and drops through the roll over lanes. That is exactly what is happening here.

John

#2680 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

This nearly Senior Citizen with the help of his able adult son dead lifts and carries all machines to and from his basement and does not break a sweat.
Set your ball save to 8. Also install a pin gulp.
No hernias and my balls are saved too.

Pin gulp going on tonight, thanks for reminding me! If you are carrying games in and out of the basement by hand please remind me to never piss you off.

#2681 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I have an early Pro and had occasional ball hop on the plunge. Shaved the ramp a bit and it’s smooth a butter now. It was interesting that there is a nice script under the ramap on the play field that reads The Munsters. Kinda like a art Easter egg.
While I was in there I cleaned and waxed the play field for the first time. I thought the game was fast before, now it’s incredibly fast. I actually turned down the flipper power as it was shooting so fast it almost always bounced out of the scoop. Moving from the factory setting on Hard to Normal was much better with the slick play field.
Then I broke my first plastic on a Multiball. The piece that protects the spot ramp sensor by Herman #19. Time to call Stern and order a new plastic.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you take a picture of the crack area and circle it and post the picture? I can’t see it in pictures above.

Thx!

#2682 4 years ago

Long dinner.

31A8FE46-7F20-4459-9881-5704EFE04849 (resized).jpeg31A8FE46-7F20-4459-9881-5704EFE04849 (resized).jpeg437D83F4-5E85-48D9-A1A4-091B6DB59394 (resized).jpeg437D83F4-5E85-48D9-A1A4-091B6DB59394 (resized).jpeg4735EFEC-BA14-4FD9-BC1F-657976B8B731 (resized).jpeg4735EFEC-BA14-4FD9-BC1F-657976B8B731 (resized).jpeg4C11B3C9-B7EE-4040-8409-6623A0E8EAA9 (resized).jpeg4C11B3C9-B7EE-4040-8409-6623A0E8EAA9 (resized).jpeg4DFF1532-90D7-43D6-A3D3-4CBBEB17A3C8 (resized).jpeg4DFF1532-90D7-43D6-A3D3-4CBBEB17A3C8 (resized).jpeg91E27893-F104-4FA1-9F1B-01DEE04D6EDD (resized).jpeg91E27893-F104-4FA1-9F1B-01DEE04D6EDD (resized).jpeg
#2684 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

Long dinner.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! I know how you feel right now believe me. I havent stopped smiling since i got mine set up last night!

#2685 4 years ago

I was just informed my game will be delayed a little, bummer. So temporarily can we stop posting how good the game is and post why it sucks so I can at least feel good in the meantime

#2686 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I was just informed my game will be delayed a little, bummer. So temporarily can we stop posting how good the game is and post why it sucks so I can at least feel good in the meantime

It sucks so bad that it is fantastic. Sorry.

#2687 4 years ago

Lol let me direct you to the munsters hype/HATE thread. There all the negativity you can handle over there thanks to 3 or 4 people.

#2688 4 years ago

This game sucks so bad I don’t play any of my other games since I got it. Feel better?

#2689 4 years ago

Got my premium today.

2776D70A-9352-4A38-8B11-E2A2D6E843A7 (resized).jpeg2776D70A-9352-4A38-8B11-E2A2D6E843A7 (resized).jpeg708169D1-A107-439A-9B30-67C699099D8D (resized).jpeg708169D1-A107-439A-9B30-67C699099D8D (resized).jpeg
#2690 4 years ago

It sucks so bad I'm learning to cradle and backhand orbit shots on the lower play field!!! Hate this game...Have to keep hitting start button alot...

#2691 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can you take a picture of the crack area and circle it and post the picture? I can’t see it in pictures above.
Thx!

It didn’t crack. I broke off and slid down the play field mid ball. If it were just cracked I would live with it. It provided some protection for the ramp sensor so I will replace it. I put some tape over the exposed sensor connectors to provide some protection until I get the piece. I can’t see me not playing the game until the piece arives so I will hope for the best and flip away.

8AB3B868-3C2F-48B2-82A2-36688313BE01 (resized).jpeg8AB3B868-3C2F-48B2-82A2-36688313BE01 (resized).jpeg
#2692 4 years ago

Getting that lower pf Grampas machine freeze again. It usually happens if you’re playing grampa for the second time on level one after finishing it the first. If you finish it again, The charge machine screen comes up and stays up even after the timer ends. Then you’re playing on the upper pf and the screen is still on the machine. There’s sound effects from the upper pf.

What’s the email for code bugs?

And if you get Raven as the last mode to qualify before Munster Madness it doesn’t let you re-start it like you normally can.

Also, they really need to do something with Marilyn and Eddie. They really don’t do anything.

#2693 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Got my premium today.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Dude nice Star Wars set up!
And congrats!

#2694 4 years ago

Party time got the beer

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2695 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Party time got the beer [quoted image]

Getting ready to fire mine up also. Munsters and a few cold ones, cant beat that!

#2696 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Getting ready to fire mine up also. Munsters and a few cold ones, cant beat that!

Amen brother!

#2697 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Here it is!! My first unboxing video of my New Munsters Premium!!!
Please give the video a like and subscribe to my channel, also I have some detailed mod installation videos for Munsters Premium coming very soon too!!

Great video. Watched and subscribed

#2698 4 years ago

Just got to Munster Madness. Its pretty much impossible to play both playfields at once. I thought my head was going to explode. This game rocks though!

#2699 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just got to Munster Madness. Its pretty much impossible to play both playfields at once. I thought my head was going to explode. This game rocks though!

You’ve got to trap up your ball’s on the upper pf. Then you’ve got plenty of time to complete a lot of shots on the lower pf.

It seems like chaos at first but it’s a really clever mode. To complete it you have to finish the 5 main areas again but during multiball (same areas as during normal play, ie Herman, spot etc.). But there’s a sneaky way to do it. The lower Playfield shots take turns at changing colour to represent the areas on the the upper Playfield. So when they’re green they count as if shooting Herman on the upper Playfield. You get 10 or 15 seconds per colour/area to shoot all 4 of the shots on the lower pf, then they change colour to the next “area”. Once all the areas have timed out or are finished, you can’t play the lower pf anymore, and you’re back up top.

Now if you’ve trapped up on the top and made a lot of the lot shots on the lower pf, all you have to do is shoot the remaining shots of each area that you couldn’t get in the lower pf.

Last game I only had one shot left to complete MM but drained.

The lower pf is very well designed and implemented. The 2 sets of flipper buttons are there for a reason. And the code that utilizes the lower pf is better than any I’ve played. I think it’s one of the best toys on any Stern game I’ve owned.

#2700 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You’ve got to trap up your ball’s on the upper pf. Then you’ve got plenty of time to complete a lot of shots on the lower pf.
It seems like chaos at first but it’s a really clever mode. To complete it you have to finish the 5 main areas again but during multiball (same areas as during normal play, ie Herman, spot etc.). But there’s a sneaky way to do it. The lower Playfield shots take turns at changing colour to represent the areas on the the upper Playfield. So when they’re green they count as if shooting Herman on the upper Playfield. You get 10 or 15 seconds per colour/area to shoot all 4 of the shots on the lower pf, then they change colour to the next “area”. Once all the areas have timed out or are finished, you can’t play the lower pf anymore, and you’re back up top.
Now if you’ve trapped up on the top and made a lot of the lot shots on the lower pf, all you have to do is shoot the remaining shots of each area that you couldn’t get in the lower pf.
Last game I only had one shot left to complete MM but drained.
The lower pf is very well designed and implemented. The 2 sets of flipper buttons are there for a reason. And the code that utilizes the lower pf is better than any I’ve played. I think it’s one of the best toys on any Stern game I’ve owned.

Thanks for the tip and i will try that. This is a pretty good lower playfield for sure. Im definitely warming up to it more and more. Im glad its not overused but its kinda neat. Its fun and challenging to make the shots, especially trying to hit the machine. Thats a tough shot to hit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.