P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg
munsters_black (resized).jpg
Munsters (resized).jpg
Munsters Cover (resized).jpeg

There are 11,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 237.
#2501 4 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

I agree, those speaker lights do look amazing on Munsters. Sorry in advance for the 3 part questions, but I have an LE and would like to know; 1) Where can I purchase those speaker lights? 2) Are they plug and play? 3) Would they void the warranty? Thanks

Hillel calprog

1. My custom lights.
2. Plug directly into the 110 power outlet inside the head.
3. Don’t quote me but “no.”

#2502 4 years ago

#2503 4 years ago

What was the installation like?
Did you have to remove the original gold rings around the speakers?

#2504 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:You would also need different speaker plates to attach the 5 1/4" speakers (the LE size) in the premium or pro games.
I did see someone mention that they did buy the LE speaker plates from Stern to accommodate the bigger 5 1/4" speakers (I wasn't sure if they would sell them since they are an LE exclusive item), but they mentioned they were pretty pricey. On the bright side...if they are selling the LE speaker plates separately they might also sell you the larger Kenwood speakers too.

I just bought a pair of new Kenwoods and you can get speaker plates from pinball life for cheap: https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-speaker-plate-for-525-drivers.html

#2505 4 years ago
Quoted from Ramzr1:

What was the installation like?
Did you have to remove the original gold rings around the speakers?

The gold rings are just painted on the plates. Most likely OP covered them with the lighted rings

#2506 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

used=speakers=bad. No way to truly tell how they were treated prior. unless an obvious rattle or broken surround, coil scraping magnet, etc.

Shit I linked the wrong ones, sorry. These are the new ones.

ebay.com link: Pair Kenwood KFC 1366S 5 25 500 Watt 2 Way Car Audio Coaxial Speakers

#2507 4 years ago

The kenwoods look nicer, but for $30 speakers - do they sound that much better than the premium speakers?

#2508 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

The kenwoods look nicer, but for $30 speakers - do they sound that much better than the premium speakers?

I've played the LE a lot. When people are not playing the machines next to it, the audio sounds crisp and vibrant. I put a lot of time on the premiums at TPF, but it was so loud with floor noise that I couldn't make out the audio.

I'm just upgrading because they look nice.

#2509 4 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I just bought a pair of new Kenwoods and you can get speaker plates from pinball life for cheap: https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-speaker-plate-for-525-drivers.html

I hadn't seen those yet. Is that for a pair or a per plate price? I considered getting some of those made when I was getting my Replacement SPIKE 2 Speaker Plates made, but I had decided they were more speaker related (not my business) than Speaker Light Kit related (my business). The ones you linked to look to be compatible with my Speaker Light Kits...so I got that goin' for me...which is nice.

I'm quite surprised FF or PP didn't get on these first. Replacement speaker plates and bigger speakers. I really expected the aftermarket speaker crew to have a complete new line of bigger SPIKE 2 upgraded speakers within 6 months of Batman 66's reveal.

The gold rings are just painted on the plates. Most likely OP covered them with the lighted rings

Naw....it's actually an extra square piece that mounts behind the hole in the speaker plate. I was expecting it to be a (gold) plastic piece (as were Batman 66 SLE, Deadpool LE and Iron Maiden LE I believe), but it's actually painted metal...or real gold. I didn't give it a test bite to check when I was examining it.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#2510 4 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

No April Fools. It's in my garage waiting for a buddy with an appliance dolly to come over and help take it down to my basement and set it up. I think they will start arriving this week to those who pre-ordered and have been patiently waiting. . .

Come on MKK lets see some photos!!!

#2511 4 years ago

Will the Kenwoods need to be wired differently than the stock speakers (Pro version)? I've read some different things on here about 4 and 8 ohm differences, but wasn't sure if it applied here. Assume so? Thanks.

#2512 4 years ago

I just wanted to post a few pictures of the custom side rails and hinges, that are in the works. I can do them in any powder coating color (not just black) for the Munsters Pro and Premium....

This will be a limited run of them, so PM me if you are interested in upgrading the armor and color of your machine,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery
231-740-8575

22673 (resized).jpeg22673 (resized).jpegMunsters side rails (resized).jpgMunsters side rails (resized).jpg

#2513 4 years ago

Wow... those side rails are freaking awesome!! Hinges are really cool as well. Great work.

#2514 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I hadn't seen those yet. Is that for a pair or a per plate price? I considered getting some of those made when I was getting my Replacement SPIKE 2 Speaker Plates made, but I had decided they were more speaker related (not my business) than Speaker Light Kit related (my business). The ones you linked to look to be compatible with my Speaker Light Kits...so I got that goin' for me...which is nice.
I'm quite surprised FF or PP didn't get on these first. Replacement speaker plates and bigger speakers. I really expected the aftermarket speaker crew to have a complete new line of bigger SPIKE 2 upgraded speakers within 6 months of Batman 66's reveal.

Naw....it's actually an extra square piece that mounts behind the hole in the speaker plate. I was expecting it to be a (gold) plastic piece (as were Batman 66 SLE, Deadpool LE and Iron Maiden LE I believe), but it's actually painted metal...or real gold. I didn't give it a test bite to check when I was examining it.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

I think that's the price per plate, makes it a little more expensive than I initially thought. I'll need to get a light kit from you soon.

In other news my Premium is going to be delivered in 10 minutes!!!

#2515 4 years ago

Just got delivered! There is a hole in the box but doesn't look like anything was damaged! There looks to more cardboard and foam inside the hole.

20190402_112148 (resized).jpg20190402_112148 (resized).jpg
#2516 4 years ago

That is where the legs are located inside the box it does not look too bad, so you should be fine.

#2517 4 years ago

Good to know! I'll have pics posted tonight. I've got to install a shaker motor, art blades, and I've got some HD glass to put on it.

#2518 4 years ago
Quoted from thebosson:

Will the Kenwoods need to be wired differently than the stock speakers (Pro version)? I've read some different things on here about 4 and 8 ohm differences, but wasn't sure if it applied here. Assume so? Thanks.

I'm fuzzy on it myself. From what I've read all models use the same amp, just a speaker difference between the 3.

#2519 4 years ago

Then there maybe an Ohm setting on the amp to switch between 4 & 8, highly doubt there is a 16 as it's not widely commonly used. Or most likely, the amp is running in High setting (8ohm) which can also allow the use of 4ohm speakers to be used without over driving the amp creating excessive heat.

Found this information after I spoke lol.

Some amps have an impedance selector switch. In most cases we recommend the 8-ohm or more setting. The manufacturer puts them there for UL/CSA approvals as well as easing consumer concerns about driving low impedance loads. These switches step down voltage feed to the power sections which will limit dynamics and overall fidelity. Keep the switch set for 8 ohms regardless of the impedance of your speakers

The "low" setting (less than 8 ohms) and the "High" setting (8 ohms or more). This is the reason I usually recommend keeping this switch in its default "High" setting and using common sense when mating a receiver with inefficient 4 ohm speakers in large rooms.

All the "Low" setting of the switch is doing is stepping the rail voltage down so when UL tests the amp at a specified distortion level, the amp will achieve that distortion level sooner since it runs out of headroom more quickly than it would in the "High" (8 ohm or more) setting. This in turn generates less heat since the amp isn't driven as hard. You really aren't buying any protection for driving low impedance loads as you actually risk clipping the amplifier more since it can run out of headroom more easily. The switch is there more for certification purposes.

The reason you don't see this switch on separate amps is twofold:

They typically have more heat sink area, and bigger power supplies and can better manage the heat
They aren't UL certified and don't have to meet the requirement.

#2520 4 years ago

Ok, just got it set up. And my first question is, so do the wireform ramps come uncoated or not chromed, just raw material? Mine sure look raw to me. I can easily see the weld heat marks. Also, every few minutes, theres a loud fan that comes on in the back box. Im assuming it's normal, but it's pretty darned loud.

20190402_114227 (resized).jpg20190402_114227 (resized).jpg20190402_114244 (resized).jpg20190402_114244 (resized).jpg20190402_114235 (resized).jpg20190402_114235 (resized).jpg
#2521 4 years ago

Other than the previous post, here she is, and it's definately fun !!!

20190402_114807 (resized).jpg20190402_114807 (resized).jpg20190402_114814 (resized).jpg20190402_114814 (resized).jpg20190402_114853 (resized).jpg20190402_114853 (resized).jpg20190402_114845 (resized).jpg20190402_114845 (resized).jpg20190402_114859 (resized).jpg20190402_114859 (resized).jpg20190402_114902 (resized).jpg20190402_114902 (resized).jpg
#2522 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Other than the previous post, here she is, and it's definately fun !!!

Absolutely stunning looking, I'm pumped and ready lol.

#2523 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If you have code idea say them.on here and email dwight or stern... they listen and good ideas may make the next update

At this point in time I would be happy if they would release a bug fix for the bugs introduced in .96

#2524 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

. Also, every few minutes, theres a loud fan that comes on in the back box. Im assuming it's normal, but it's pretty darned loud.

There are fans in new Stern's? That's one thing I don't like about JJP games is the noise when not playing...is this due to the LCDs?

I would want to get that sucker replaced with a silent fan if possible.

#2525 4 years ago

Ok, so I called Stern, and the wireforms are left that way in order to look "industrial".....ok. The noise IS a cooling fan, but it's got to be mounted inside one of the metal boxes in the back box. I opened the back box and didn't see anything.

#2526 4 years ago

But that's trivial crap. I'm having fun! I recall someone said there were easter eggs. Off to find those posts!

#2527 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Ok, so I called Stern, and the wireforms are left that way in order to look "industrial".....ok. The noise IS a cooling fan, but it's got to be mounted inside one of the metal boxes in the back box. I opened the back box and didn't see anything.

Check out this post about Sterns Spike system fans.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

#2528 4 years ago

Thank you @DeathHimself. Thats a good post.

#2529 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

At this point in time I would be happy if they would release a bug fix for the bugs introduced in .96

Yeh, I’m getting freezing quite regularly- mostly after grampas basement. The Machine screen gets frozen and nothing else registers. Is that what everyone else is getting?

#2530 4 years ago

Just experienced Midnight Madness and is is BAD ASS!!

Did not know what was going on at first..

#2531 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, I’m getting freezing quite regularly- mostly after grampas basement. The Machine screen gets frozen and nothing else registers. Is that what everyone else is getting?

Yeah probably, if you pop a ball into dragster, eventually does a ball search, may autolaunch one or more balls.. Then if anything drains, turn ends.. Kinda a bummer when this happens on a good game..

#2532 4 years ago

Have any of you guys with the Premium located the CPU mounted line out for external audio amplification, so we can hookup an external polk sub?

#2533 4 years ago

What’s the bug reporting email for Stern again?

#2534 4 years ago

The pro is great with the .96 code... must be the premium/le lower playfield bugs happening.

#2535 4 years ago

I have .96 on my LE I do not notice any bug . What are you noticing?

#2536 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I have .96 on my LE I do not notice any bug . What are you noticing?

After playing grampas lower pf sometimes it freezes on this:
F983F7AA-9756-40D0-8B6E-970806A41050 (resized).jpegF983F7AA-9756-40D0-8B6E-970806A41050 (resized).jpeg

#2537 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The pro is great with the .96 code... must be the premium/le lower playfield bugs happening.

The pro also has issues. Off the top of my head.

1. Sometimes when the ball drains the machine will just sit there with a blank screen and not start the bonus countdown until you flip the flippers once. The machine knows the ball drained and is in the trough but just doesn't do anything.

2. Sometimes it will not give you your add a ball when you shoot dragula when it is lit, it also doesn't give you dragula or jackpots when this happens. It just kicks the ball back into play. This only happens in multiball when the add a ball is lit.

3. Sometimes it will not auto launch the ball that was ball saved during multiball, it puts the ball in the shooter lane but you have to either manually launch it or hit the zap button and it will launch.

#2538 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

The pro also has issues. Off the top of my head.
1. Sometimes when the ball drains the machine will just sit there with a blank screen and not start the bonus countdown until you flip the flippers once. The machine knows the ball drained and is in the trough but just doesn't do anything.
2. Sometimes it will not give you your add a ball when you shoot dragula when it is lit, it also doesn't give you dragula or jackpots when this happens. It just kicks the ball back into play. This only happens in multiball when the add a ball is lit.
3. Sometimes it will not auto launch the ball that was ball saved during multiball. You have to either manually launch it or hit the zap button and it will launch.

Its weird how some le and pros have bugs but others really dont....

#2539 4 years ago

I could have sworn I have read somewhere that Dwight knew about some of these issues and was already testing a newer version of code to address some of the bugs. Maybe before he releases it they are adding in a few more goodies or objectives for Eddie and Marylin. Wishful thinking lol but who knows.

#2540 4 years ago

I find my best games are not going for Herman from the start
I try for spot and raven first figuring it’s downhill from there to go to MM1 on the first ball
Sometimes I can’t hit dick in grandpas basement
But sometimes I kill it and end up going to grandpas basement on level one after already collecting it,I have been in position to get another multi ball and have hit the machine 3-5 times but get nothing
Is there a certain amount of hits to get multi ball on the second time or do you have to wait till level 2

#2541 4 years ago

Just Picked up mine today!!! I'll be shooting an unboxing video tonight!! Just started a new pinball You-Tube channel and I just made a killer intro video check it out.

Stay tuned to the channel, if you wouldn't mind subscribing to the channel you will get notified when I post the unboxing video! and I would greatly appreciate it too! Also I have a bunch of mods for my Munsters I'm going to do video for each mod too!

IMG_9162 (resized).jpgIMG_9162 (resized).jpgIMG_9163 (resized).jpgIMG_9163 (resized).jpg
#2542 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I could have sworn I have read somewhere that Dwight knew about some of these issues and was already testing a newer version of code to address some of the bugs.

This is true.

Maybe before he releases it they are adding in a few more goodies or objectives for Eddie and Marylin. Wishful thinking lol but who knows.

No mention of changes to these in the current beta that’s being tested.

#2543 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

After playing grampas lower pf sometimes it freezes on this:
[quoted image]

Mine is fine . Did you try Clearing your USB re-downloading and then trying a the 0.96 update again?

#2544 4 years ago

My last Speaker light vid or pick. I had to show the final multi-zone lighting.

#2545 4 years ago

The Eagle has landed!!

26379501-E632-47A5-82DA-D3B81F012D6B (resized).jpeg26379501-E632-47A5-82DA-D3B81F012D6B (resized).jpeg
#2546 4 years ago

Now to eat dinner and set it up!!

EC926020-71A5-4514-B6E0-78095EAFAEB9 (resized).jpegEC926020-71A5-4514-B6E0-78095EAFAEB9 (resized).jpeg
#2547 4 years ago

I could have sworn I have read somewhere that Dwight knew about some of these issues and was already testing a newer version of code to address some of the bugs. Maybe before he releases it they are adding in a few more goodies or objectives for Eddie and Marylin. Wishful thinking lol but who knows.

Yes. The code running at TPF was a beta level above .96. Dwight was aware of the issues (at least the specific ones I mentioned).

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes. The code running at TPF was a beta level above .96. Dwight was aware of the issues (at least the specific ones I mentioned).

Which were those @jfh ?

#2549 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Which were those @jfh ?

I presume there were on the ring of Premiums in Marco’s area since that’s where Dwight was when I asked him. I believe he said it was .9612 but I never rebooted a machine to verify.

#2550 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I presume there were on the ring of Premiums in Marco’s area since that’s where Dwight was when I asked him. I believe he said it was .9612 but I never rebooted a machine to verify.

He’s wondering which specific issues you mentioned to Dwight I think.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
There are 11,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.