IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 237.
#2351 5 years ago

The window should polish easy.

#2352 5 years ago

Damn that was fast

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2353 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mini pf window is plastic....Will scuff over time w a ball bearing slamming it.
Protector might be a hard add, as I wouldn't want to have to pull it up to take the window out...Probably by a spare at some point and stash it to replace original after it gets excessive wear ( a very long time, I suspect)

I would just get a protector for a Pro and use that on a Premium/LE (and probably remove the lower PF window)

#2354 5 years ago

I agree with a lot of what cooked71 said. I've had my LE set up for about 2 weeks now. Cashed in all my stock and put the rest on my cc. I am by no means rich and this is the most I've ever paid for a game, but we are gravitating towards monster themes (SS, CFTBL, MSF, BSD etc.) and it fits perfectly. I didn't want black and white - Franchi's art and color palette is gorgeous - and with wanting the lower playfield feature, it was LE or nothing. Hopefully the new Elvira will be released next year and give my pocketbook some recovery time.

I'm a slightly below average player, good enough to occasionally win free games or enter modes, but not good enough to see wizard modes. My roommate and friends are very casual players with no skills, they just like bashing the ball around. With this in mind, here are my thoughts so far:

- I set the game up with 5 balls, no tilt bob, and a 10 second ball save for my friends. I noticed that they love playing this game over all the other machines in the collection so far. They feel a sense of accomplishment as some of them got to multiball, which they haven't done on other machines. All the different opportunities to earn high scores (Herman Champion, Grandpa Champion, Combo Champion etc.) meant most everyone got to enter their initials in at least one category. The games weren't as insanely long as they are on The Hobbit even with the settings changes. If Stern's goal was to make a machine that would attract and thrill a casual player, they scored an A+.

- I've actually only played half a dozen games so far, I've been more content for now to watch others enjoy it. The things that people are criticizing about the game seem absurd to me. I barely notice the laugh track and pay little attention to the video while I'm playing. The mono targets are fine, and I see nothing wrong with the code so far. There's plenty of stuff for my friends and I to shoot at/for, the code reminds of Scared Stiff or BSD, as in not deep but still fun to play. I feel sorry for people who don't have fun with it, how unsatisfying life must be...either that or I'm easily entertained! I really like the lower playfield. Other than a slightly "floaty" feel, it is a great feature. The bumpers satisfyingly bash the ball back and forth. I find the Dragula shot the hardest to hit, with the Grandpa scoop the easiest. I've heard the side drains are wicked but I lost most of mine STDM due to foolish/inaccurate shots.

- The quality seems fine so far, I have had no issues except for a stuck ball once or twice at the rubbers at the guides at the top of the playfield that lead into the pop bumpers...and the ball came loose with a little shake. For some reason I had difficulty getting the glass off, like it was binding, and was terrified I was going to shatter it. Also, lifting the playfield is a bit clunky compared to my other machines, and again I was terrified of scratching the side blades.

- The machine is beautiful, I'd say that when the lower playfield is lit, it is the most beautiful machine ever. I had it sitting next to Scared Stiff and it made Elvira look ugly. I moved it next to The Hobbit instead.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase. I wish the Premium had been the color version, it would have saved me about $1500, but so far I'm really happy with the purchase and have no buyer's remorse. It's a great party game among my friends and that's far more important to me than code or my own high score.

#2355 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

I agree with a lot of what cooked71 said. I've had my LE set up for about 2 weeks now. Cashed in all my stock and put the rest on my cc. I am by no means rich and this is the most I've ever paid for a game, but we are gravitating towards monster themes (SS, CFTBL, MSF, BSD etc.) and it fits perfectly. I didn't want black and white - Franchi's art and color palette is gorgeous - and with wanting the lower playfield feature, it was LE or nothing. Hopefully the new Elvira will be released next year and give my pocketbook some recovery time.
I'm a slightly below average player, good enough to occasionally win free games or enter modes, but not good enough to see wizard modes. My roommate and friends are very casual players with no skills, they just like bashing the ball around. With this in mind, here are my thoughts so far:
- I set the game up with 5 balls, no tilt bob, and a 10 second ball save for my friends. I noticed that they love playing this game over all the other machines in the collection so far. They feel a sense of accomplishment as some of them got to multiball, which they haven't done on other machines. All the different opportunities to earn high scores (Herman Champion, Grandpa Champion, Combo Champion etc.) meant most everyone got to enter their initials in at least one category. The games weren't as insanely long as they are on The Hobbit even with the settings changes. If Stern's goal was to make a machine that would attract and thrill a casual player, they scored an A+.
- I've actually only played half a dozen games so far, I've been more content for now to watch others enjoy it. The things that people are criticizing about the game seem absurd to me. I barely notice the laugh track and pay little attention to the video while I'm playing. The mono targets are fine, and I see nothing wrong with the code so far. There's plenty of stuff for my friends and I to shoot at/for, the code reminds of Scared Stiff or BSD, as in not deep but still fun to play. I feel sorry for people who don't have fun with it, how unsatisfying life must be...either that or I'm easily entertained! I really like the lower playfield. Other than a slightly "floaty" feel, it is a great feature. The bumpers satisfyingly bash the ball back and forth. I find the Dragula shot the hardest to hit, with the Grandpa scoop the easiest. I've heard the side drains are wicked but I lost most of mine STDM due to foolish/inaccurate shots.
- The quality seems fine so far, I have had no issues except for a stuck ball once or twice at the rubbers at the guides at the top of the playfield that lead into the pop bumpers...and the ball came loose with a little shake. For some reason I had difficulty getting the glass off, like it was binding, and was terrified I was going to shatter it. Also, lifting the playfield is a bit clunky compared to my other machines, and again I was terrified of scratching the side blades.
- The machine is beautiful, I'd say that when the lower playfield is lit, it is the most beautiful machine ever. I had it sitting next to Scared Stiff and it made Elvira look ugly. I moved it next to The Hobbit instead.
Overall I'm happy with the purchase. I wish the Premium had been the color version, it would have saved me about $1500, but so far I'm really happy with the purchase and have no buyer's remorse. It's a great party game among my friends and that's far more important to me than code or my own high score.

My biggest fear was Elvira was next and would miss out so happy it wasn’t

#2356 5 years ago

Agreed Spaceman, really glad it wasn’t Elvira yet as that’s another very compelling theme which I’m looking forward to following the awesomeness of the Munster’s.
I need some time to just enjoy my recent arrivals lol.

Although the new BK looks nice, it’s not a must buy kinda theme for our clan.
However, if JJP’s Wonka’s theme is well integrated by Lawlor and Co., it could be a really fun one to own.

#2357 5 years ago

Regarding audio settings on the LE: is there a way to increase the base /subwoofer level? Thought there was but can’t find it now. Played an LE in Cheyenne that seems to have the bass cranked up and it sounds great.

#2358 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

we are gravitating towards monster themes

Ever since I was a child I had a love affair with Halloween, or anything that fell along with haunted spooky scary looking houses skeletons ghosts, many of the large witches draculas mechanical characters spider webs cornstalks pumpkins gothic lights candles paintings art ect. (all on the light side, nothing evil hardcore demonic)

The pinball machines are the "large cars" of my theme collection.and I love it. This is a great time to be in this hobby for this theme. Happy to see another.
Wish I had a minty class of 1812...maybe some day

#2359 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Here you were worried for nothing.. i knew you wld like it... its a great game especially with the newest code. Its only gonna get better as its still early

Too much time reading Pinside was the problem. Honestly, all the physical Playfield “issues” that “plague” this game are truly non issues. The lower pf, the large targets, the movement of Herman all non issues. The laughtrack is a non issue, though likely they’ve adjust this.

Code depth could be an issue down the track but I’m hoping it evolves. In any case, it can be a brutal game, and most importantly it’s just fun.

#2360 5 years ago

I played the only LE in Georgia the other night. It's in a private collection. Great game. Enjoyed it immensely.

20190327_215935 (resized).jpg20190327_215935 (resized).jpg
#2361 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Ever since I was a child I had a love affair with Halloween, or anything that fell along with haunted spooky scary looking houses skeletons ghosts, many of the large witches draculas mechanical characters spider webs cornstalks pumpkins gothic lights candles paintings art ect. (all on the light side, nothing evil hardcore demonic)
The pinball machines are the "large cars" of my theme collection.and I love it. This is a great time to be in this hobby for this theme. Happy to see another.
Wish I had a minty class of 1812...maybe some day

I know exactly what you mean. The upstairs of our game room (where the pins are) will be monster/alien themed. We've got a bunch of those lenticular, face-changing Halloween photos in frames to line walls of the stairs. There's a platform above the stairs where the 3 Haunted Mansion Hitchhiking Ghosts sit. They are about 3 feet tall. Behind them will be a mausoleum with Halloween lightning projectors flashing on them, and the music from the Haunted Mansion playing. Across from the pins will be more changing photos, as well as the Haunted Mansion "busts", an optical effect where they appear to watch you no matter where you stand in the room. Victorian furniture, a crystal ball fortune teller, spider webs and other decor round out the furnishings. On a nearby wall is a life-sized alien in a stasis chamber that we got from the Spirit Halloween store, along with two giant flying saucers with lights that hang from the ceiling...this is where an Attack From Mars will be placed someday. Over each horror themed pin will be grave crawlers, and we've got an Elvira slot machine topper to go over either Scared Stiff or the new Elvira. When we are done it's going to be pretty awesome...our own theme park!

#2362 5 years ago

Got Munster Madness 2 times in the same game tonite, almost a 3rd, just needed spot, then I got the right drain. Called the wife down to see it starting with the 1st one, she loves this game and is very competitive..hahaha honey. When you get a game like that makes you love it even more. I usually don't play that well.
Even a squirrel can find a nut once in awhile though.

#2363 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Got Munster Madness 2 times in the same game tonite, almost a 3rd, just needed spot, then I got the right drain. Called the wife down to see it starting with the 1st one, she loves this game and is very competitive..hahaha honey. When you get a game like that makes you love it even more. I usually don't play that well.

You have .96 code? The first madness is a mini version and second is the full version.. im not sure about the third one

#2364 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

MM is insane love it

#2365 5 years ago

We are really enjoying our Munsters. It's definitely our current top "just one more game " pin in our relatively small collection.

One improvement I'd enjoy with subsequent code updates would be having appropriate video clips from the show that coincide with the bashing of the Herman toy.

While the toy's interaction isn't going to be any more lively than it is now, (I find it pretty lacking,) the addition of Herman clips in various states of "Darn, darn, darn" or other things clunking him in the head, foot, etc. would add some more fun to the game.

Just my 2 cents.

#2366 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You have .96 code? The first madness is a mini version and second is the full version.. im not sure about the third one

Yes..thanks...Yeah I don't know what the 3rd would be if there is one ( I really didn't even know what the 2nd was, lol) I was just trying to keep it going. I was worn out after it ended. Would have been fun to find out.
I do know when both play fields are active..I'm going to pay more attention to the upper next time. That is a crazy deal working 4 flippers at the same time trying to pay attention to both. I know I let too many balls get away on the upper.

#2367 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Yes..thanks...Yeah I don't know what the 3rd would be if there is one ( I really didn't even know what the 2nd was, lol) I was just trying to keep it going. I was worn out after it ended. Would have been fun to find out.
I do know when both play fields are active..I'm going to pay more attention to the upper next time. That is a crazy deal working 4 flippers at the same time trying to pay attention to both. I know I let too many balls get away on the upper.

The madness mode has levels in itself and its a really fun mode with chance to get big points.

#2368 5 years ago

Yes I did. LE!

3AC1811E-1D5F-46C9-9BDB-660C156804FF (resized).jpeg3AC1811E-1D5F-46C9-9BDB-660C156804FF (resized).jpeg
#2369 5 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I played the only LE in Georgia the other night. It's in a private collection. Great game. Enjoyed it immensely.
[quoted image]

How did you feel that Munsters compared to the Monster Bash Don? Did you get to play both? Thats a Monster Bash Remake right?

#2370 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Yes I did. LE!
[quoted image]

Looks amazing Frank, congrats!

#2371 5 years ago

Macca101010 shared a cool skill shot for PreLe: hold both left flippers then plunge. You need to hit Grampas scoop first then it releases a ball in the lower pf and the yellow super super skill shot is one of the shots down there (upkicker I think).

#2372 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Yes I did. LE!
[quoted image]

That pic could be a centerfold pic.

Can the word “pinball” and “woody” be used in the same sentence?

#2373 5 years ago

Have i mentioned lately how brutal and good this game is?

#2374 5 years ago

My premium shipped out today. Hopefully I can post pics next week. I've got black and white art blades, a shaker motor, HD glass, and pin stadium lights ready to go.

#2375 5 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

My premium shipped out today. Hopefully I can post pics next week. I've got black and white art blades, a shaker motor, HD glass, and pin stadium lights ready to go.

I think there is about 1000 of us waiting for your pics, opinion.....

#2376 5 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

My premium shipped out today.

I am hoping to be able to come on here and say those same words soon! I keep sitting by my phone waiting for the call.

#2377 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have i mentioned how lately how brutal and good this game is?

No but you dont need to because Spaceman does that about twice a day.

#2378 5 years ago

Moonshine and Munster !!! FUCK THE HATERS !!!!!!!

20190330_021918 (resized).jpg20190330_021918 (resized).jpg20190330_022605 (resized).jpg20190330_022605 (resized).jpg
#2379 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

macca101010 shared a cool skill shot for PreLe: hold both left flippers then plunge. You need to hit Grampas scoop first then it releases a ball in the lower pf and the yellow super super skill shot is one of the shots down there (upkicker I think).

Yeh it's pretty cool Mark.
Just picked up mine yesterday and love it.

I also tried the Easter Egg and it sounds pretty cool.
Hit both flippers to clear, then hit flippers in this order....
Lx3
Rx1
Lx6
Rx1
Lx5
Rx2

Then prepare for some Franchi......

DSC_1540 (resized).JPGDSC_1540 (resized).JPG
#2380 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Yeh it's pretty cool Mark.
Just picked up mine yesterday and love it.
I also tried the Easter Egg and it sounds pretty cool.
Hit both flippers to clear, then hit flippers in this order....
Lx3
Rx1
Lx6
Rx1
Lx5
Rx2
Then prepare for some Franchi......[quoted image]

That looks awesome!

Did I tell you how good that back glass looks?

#2381 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That looks awesome!

That LE backglass really does look sweet doesnt it? I love that Munsters car!

#2382 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Apparently it’s bad because the car faces left and downwards and someone is out of proportion and someone’s arm is wrong.

#2383 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks amazing Frank, congrats!

Thanks Who-Dey

#2384 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Moonshine and Munster !!! FUCK THE HATERS !!!!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

My thoughts exactly!

#2385 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game is awesome! We love it. You will love it when yours arrives. The lower playfield is plenty of fun.. Franchi, Dwight and Borg have done a fantastic job

FB_IMG_1553941153773 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1553941153773 (resized).jpg
#2386 5 years ago

That looks awesome!

Haha, now i know your taking my lines Con...but yeah that backglass...stunning! Been playing it all day.

#2387 5 years ago

Been lurking and following this thread for a while, figured I'd finally speak up.

Got the call from my Stern dealer earlier in the week. My Premium should be at his shop, 2 hours away, this Tuesday or Wednesday. Shaker motor coming with it. Art Blades should be here Tuesday. Going to have to move things around so I can have HH/TFTC on one side and CFTBL/TWDLE on the other! Love me a horror theme!

Any other Premium buyers break out the Munsters DVDs to help supress the anticipation? Man, that B&W artwork is what sold me, and watching the series again only reinforces my decision! Can't wait to get the call and go pick it up!

#2388 5 years ago

This game is awesome! We love it. You will love it when yours arrives. The lower playfield is plenty of fun.. Franchi, Dwight and Borg have done a fantastic job
[quoted image]

Congrats Addicted. U know it should really be near Adams.

#2389 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Congrats Addicted. U know it should really be near Adams.

Congrats to you too Cooked!. Hope you are enjoying the game as much as we are. Munsters will go and live with the rest of the Sterns tomorrow

#2390 5 years ago

I didnt know you had your game already Con, thats awesome! What do you guys think about the lower playfield so far? Love it, hate it, something that may get old eventually? Congrats to you guys!

#2391 5 years ago

Late but not too late. Finally I'm in.

Nice box arrived yesterday for my home arcade. And the row is closed

Played it, laughed about those haters, played it again.....etc.

What a beauty.

20190330_115302 (resized).jpg20190330_115302 (resized).jpg20190330_115542 (resized).jpg20190330_115542 (resized).jpg20190330_115649 (resized).jpg20190330_115649 (resized).jpg
#2392 5 years ago

Love the looks of the LEs, but very content with my first NIB Pro. Everyone has loved this game so far and no complaints with anything. Considering maybe swapping the translite with an LE and looking forward to seeing the Stern topper. Until then, we’re using Halloween decorations.

CF82E7A0-6673-4D03-9F3D-FB38CEB5CD58 (resized).jpegCF82E7A0-6673-4D03-9F3D-FB38CEB5CD58 (resized).jpeg
#2393 5 years ago

Anyone install a playfield protector on the LE?

#2394 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Regarding audio settings on the LE: is there a way to increase the base /subwoofer level? Thought there was but can’t find it now. Played an LE in Cheyenne that seems to have the bass cranked up and it sounds great.

responding to my own post if anyone cares about the bass and treble adjustments - they are buried deep inside the audio category in the utilities menu...

I increased the bass to near max for both the cabinet and backbox speakers and was surprised that it didn't make that much of a difference. Wanted it way cranked up.

#2395 5 years ago

Regarding the Dragula "Race", can anybody tell me what the "Race" refers to, other than seeing the two cars on the screen going down the dragaway at what appears to be the same speed, and the ball getting ejected into the orbit loop. It doesn't really seem like a race to me. Nothing seems to change in the video. Possible missed opportunity by Dwight to create a real race of some sort on the video? I just don't get it. Am I missing something here?

#2396 5 years ago

Munsters topper being released in couple of weeks according to Stern Sales..

My LE finally arrives on Tuesday!!

Is the upgraded speaker system not that good then?

Quoted from Flippingr8:

responding to my own post if anyone cares about the bass and treble adjustments - they are buried deep inside the audio category in the utilities menu...
I increased the bass to near max for both the cabinet and backbox speakers and was surprised that it didn't make that much of a difference. Wanted it way cranked up.

#2397 5 years ago

I’m with Spaceman and MK at this point, I LOVE my LE! It’s my son’s favorite and we have been having a blast. Really stinks with the freeze ups caused by the code issues right now - froze a great game last night. Once it’s fixed will be awesome. Won’t be selling for a long time.

#2398 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Me too I hope it doesn't hit till at least fall

#2399 5 years ago

I know in one of these post's someone had made some better quality rule cards but has anyone made up a bunch to sell? It's in one of the 3 Munsters Threads.

#2400 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Bring on Elvira anytime ! Just make it happen. I don't want to be tempted by too many releases in between.

Now I have to buy the Black Knight also.

In the meantime enjoying Munsters. Bring on Elvira .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/48?hl=noob-a-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.