IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 237.
#2301 5 years ago

Just got back from tpb grabbed some mods Powerblades from pingraffix tesla coils from mezel and a couple others plastic protectors glow in the dark rubbers lada lada enjoy more to come

#2302 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Just got back from tpb grabbed some mods Powerblades from pingraffix tesla coils from mezel and a couple others plastic protectors glow in the dark rubbers lada lada enjoy more to come

That looks great!

#2303 5 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

So what are the NIB premiums actually going for ? Less than the stated $7600?

Call around and you'll likely save hundreds.

#2304 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Had a quick look over the LE’s at our distributor on Tuesday. Got to say it’s the most gorgeous looking game I’ve ever seen.
Stern have upped the cabinet quality also - the guys at AMD we’re saying it weighed a ton. Solid ply cabinet base, full Williams style leg brackets on all 4 corners and (this is new) black laminate inside and outside cabinets. Really nice finish.

couldn't agree more...they definitely focused on fit/finish build quality on this one. That, coupled with a fun game......enjoying mine quite a bit!!!

#2305 5 years ago

I really liked playing this pin at TPF. I like playing the Pro model. And I like Grandpa's Lab in the Premium. I can't buy one today; Too many things going at the moment.

For the Premium owners the question I have: Is Grandpa's Lab worth the extra $1600.00 for long term ownership? I'm not up to speed with these new pins very much. Are other things on the Premium I don't know about that come with the higher price?

I love the black and white graphics.

#2306 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I really liked playing this pin at TPF. I like playing the Pro model. And I like Grandpa's Lab in the Premium. I can't buy one today; Too many things going at the moment.
For the Premium owners the question I have: Is Grandpa's Lab worth the extra $1600.00 for long term ownership? I'm not up to speed with these new pins very much. Are other things on the Premium I don't know about that come with the higher price?

The only difference between the pro and premium is the lower playfield and nothing else. I cant tell you if its worth it yet though because i dont have my game yet. Im sure some LE owners will chime in soon and let you know though. I think most people seem to favor the lower playfield though. Both models are great imo though.

#2307 5 years ago

So what’s the latest code for Munsters?

Me LE is arriving real soon.. looking forward to playing it.
Played the premium at EAG in London back in January, and yeah it looks better in the flesh.

#2308 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

So what’s the latest code for Munsters?
Me LE is arriving real soon.. looking forward to playing it.
Played the premium at EAG in London back in January, and yeah it looks better in the flesh.

Latest code is 0.96. I wonder if the machines at TPF were running something newer...

#2309 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Latest code is 0.96. I wonder if the machines at TPF were running something newer...

I believe they were if i remember reading things correctly a few days ago..

#2310 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The only difference between the pro and premium is the lower playfield and nothing else.

See- I find this hobby hilarious at times.

We accept that on the new BK the ONLY ( real ) difference between PRO and Premium is the upper PF and 95% of BK droolers will HAPPILY pay the extra for that upper PF and not mention how its is XX$$ and you only get that for the extra coin. Yet, on MUN this extra charge for ONLY the lower PF has been a contestable issue from day one.....and yet the lower PF ( albeit mini ) on MUN has a shite-load more going on down there than the ball lock mech on the BK upper. Not slamming anyone ,and I am sure they will be bot good games in all thier forms , I just cant understand the triple flip hypocrisy demonstrated in this hobby at times....

#2311 5 years ago

Thanks.
I’ve been holding off watching videos of 0.96. As I want to experience Midnight Madness myself.

Back at EAG I got to MM twice, it was a
Bit easy, but damn it was
Fun!

#2312 5 years ago

Dwight told me the code at TPF was .9612 and addressed some of the reported .96 bugs

#2313 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

We accept that on the new BK the ONLY ( real ) difference between PRO and Premium is the upper PF and 95% of BK droolers will HAPPILY pay the extra for that upper PF and not mention how its is XX$$ and you only get that for the extra coin. Yet, on MUN this extra charge for ONLY the lower PF has been a contestable issue from day one.....and yet the lower PF ( albeit mini ) on MUN has a shite-load more going on down there than the ball lock mech on the BK upper. Not slamming anyone ,and I am sure they will be bot good games in all thier forms , I just cant understand the triple flip hypocrisy demonstrated in this hobby at times....

I think probably the reason people are up in arms about the missing upper playfield on BK Pro is because an upper playfield is what BK was known for on both versions. That is what was special about BK in the past.

#2314 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

This

#2315 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have a Pro and love it. That said I had a chance to play an LE a couple weeks ago, and after playing that lower playfield numerous times, I've decided to upgrade to a Premium as soon as I can get my hands on one. To me it's worth the extra money to have that lower playfield, it added so much more to what is already a great game.

#2316 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I hear ya for sure. I don't think it's really a question of is it worth it money wise though. Its more a question of wanting it more than anything and they just pay it.

#2317 5 years ago

I like the pro but grandpa basement to me really is part of the game
Its grandpa.In his basement.
Even though big D would never admit it cause of the harassment he gets,I believe he has something special up his sleeve to add to this game I can just feel it
I like all the pros,but feel like the premium is the way the game was intended on this one
IM and DP are good pros to get that pretty much have everything the premiums offer IMO

Quoted from cottonm4:

#2318 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Even though big D would never admit it cause of the harassment he gets,I believe he has something special up his sleeve to add to this game I can just feel it
I like all the pros,but feel like the premium is the way the game was intended on this one
IM and DP are good pros to get that pretty much have everything the premiums offer IMO

Not sure about DP but IMDN Premium is worthy of the upgrade over the pro. Not a huge difference but the gameplay is more fun. The pro is still great also though.

#2319 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I know it’s personal opinion but getting the pro. What looks better. Mirror blades or the inside cab art. Thx!

I put mirror blades in my pro and it looks great. Haven't seen any art blades I really like yet. Also added a 3 inch led strip to the trough to brighten it up a bit.

#2320 5 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

I put mirror blades in my pro and it looks great. Haven't seen any art blades I really like yet. Also added a 3 inch led strip to the trough to brighten it up a bit.

thanks...I add the comet led strips to the tough in most pins.

#2321 5 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

I installed the factory ones in my Pro, it really added to the look.

20190308_155142 (resized).jpg20190308_155142 (resized).jpg20190308_155150 (resized).jpg20190308_155150 (resized).jpg
#2322 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I think the problem for those that don't like the lower playfield on Munsters is that the balls and flippers are so small.

On the BK upper playfield, we will have standard flipper and standard size balls.

Big difference!!

#2323 5 years ago

Wolfie shooter Knob now on the Stern shop!

https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/munsters-shooter-knob

MunstersPlunger_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).pngMunstersPlunger_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).png

#2324 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I have a Pro and love it. That said I had a chance to play an LE a couple weeks ago, and after playing that lower playfield numerous times, I've decided to upgrade to a Premium as soon as I can get my hands on one. To me it's worth the extra money to have that lower playfield, it added so much more to what is already a great game.

Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Thank you. With the first premium I played at TPF I was not impressed all that much with the basement. I'm not a tall person so I have to lean in to see those mini-flippers. The 2nd time I played it, my attitude changed when I realized I could do ball traps and flipper passes and that if I could hit the right things then that little timer would give me more time. And then I realized that Grandpa's Lab is almost a complete pinball machine with in a pinball machine. Much different than Congo, Black Hole, and Haunted House. Am I thinking this correctly?

If my above observations/assumptions are correct, then a mini-pinball machine inside a pin for $1600.00 extra is more money than 2 or 3 older pins sell for as a package. That's a sobering thought. But I did like that Grandpa's Lab action. Sure did.

It will be 6-7 months before I will be in a position to buy one of these. At TPF, one of the Marco guys opened a Premium up so I could see inside. As far as I could tell from a few seconds of looking is that Grandpa's Lab is a complete package that installs as one unit. I'm wondering how durable it will be and also how easy it will be to get repair parts for. For instance, if you need a couple of those mini-flippers will you be able to buy them? Or will that little digital timer be available to buy if it breaks? The short question is: If any detail part breaks in Grandpa's Lab will that detail part be available to replace or will I have to buy a complete new Lab?

I have never bought a new pin before. Does Stern make available all copies of paperwork/manuals? Can I get operator's manual, factory service manual, field service manual, etc. ?

What about Spot? I guess he takes a beating. Should buying a couple of extra Spots be a consideration?

#2325 5 years ago

My blades

DSCF0010 (resized).JPGDSCF0010 (resized).JPGDSCF0011 (resized).JPGDSCF0011 (resized).JPGDSCF0012 (resized).JPGDSCF0012 (resized).JPG
#2326 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The short question is: If any detail part breaks in Grandpa's Lab will that detail part be available to replace or will I have to buy a complete new Lab?
I have never bought a new pin before. Does Stern make available all copies of paperwork/manuals? Can I get operator's manual, factory service manual, field service manual, etc. ?
What about Spot? I guess he takes a beating. Should buying a couple of extra Spots be a consideration?

The lab is not sealed; it’s just an assembly (though I don’t see a part number for it). The individual components should all be available to replace. Same with Spot.

Manufacturers today don’t provide the level of doc that we saw 20-40 years ago. Here is a link to the Premium manual with info and game specific part numbers:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Munsters_LE_Pre_web.pdf

#2327 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

My blades
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

where did you get those...easy to apply?

#2328 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

where did you get those...easy to apply?

Pin graffix and they put them on.

#2329 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Pin graffix and they put them on.

So yours came with them. I’ll order a set

#2330 5 years ago

Sold my pro to get a premium. I am canceling my premium order though and am going to wait until HUO premiums come up on the market. I took a decent hit on what I sold my pro for, so my reasoning is I will try to recoup some of that loss by buying a used premium instead of another NIB.

#2332 5 years ago

Put me down for " I like the lower play field". Had another guy over today that has played them all and said, this is his favorite now (lower).

Gettin' purdy good on that little bugger

Adjusted shaker 90 degrees one side as suggested..really helped. Looking forward for a power reduction in a future update hopefully too. would then be perfect.

#2333 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The lab is not sealed; it’s just an assembly (though I don’t see a part number for it). The individual components should all be available to replace. Same with Spot.
Manufacturers today don’t provide the level of doc that we saw 20-40 years ago. Here is a link to the Premium manual with info and game specific part numbers:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Munsters_LE_Pre_web.pdf

This is strange. Earlier, I clicked on this link you provided. Now when I click on the link I get a 404 Not Found page. Did Stern get PO'd that the PDF was posted? Interesting.

Anyway, when I was looking, I saw that the the part number for the small Lab flipper rubbers was listed. Also, the digital seconds display was listed as a component item. Both mini-ramps had a part number but I could not find anything else associated with Grandpa's Lab as having a part number. Spot has a part number but those mini flipper bats do not.

I recently bought a part from Stern and I know you don't get far without a part number. I would hate having to go fishing for a custom sized flipper bat. Maybe Stern has another parts list somewhere else.

But not being able to access your link for a 2nd look and getting a 404 code is strange. i'd like to have another look but that PDF file is hiding real good.

EDIT: I found the manual at Stern's website, but the link you provided is dead.

EDIT: Crap. I did not look down the pages far enough. Way down there on page 54 are all of the part numbers.

#2334 5 years ago

Just set up my Le. Very impressed so far. Much more brutal with shorter ball times than what I’ve heard. No ball save takes some adjusting, but I like it. You get the odd longer game, but most are fairly quick.

Love the lower Playfield. Being in the middle makes it just feel like a small shrunken pinball machine (apparently Grampa shrunk it). As opposed to Stewies which is on the top right and therefore harder to control and not as engaging. And sure it feels like a miniature pinball, but that’s because it is. Not sure what everyone was expecting when they say it doesn’t feel like real pinball. That’s because it’s minature. If you just see it for what it is, it’s great. You can use all your regular skills down there except in minature. Which is really fun. And it seems to be worth playing points wise. You can qualify multiball down there, score jackpots. The shots are surprisingly rewarding. Really can’t imagine this game without the lower pf tbh.

The game is gorgeous. Build quality is really solid.

If any other manufacturer released this game it would be to universal praise. Really think there’s a lot of group think hate going on with this.

Very early days, but so far so good.
2342CC3B-A6B9-44B6-B65C-7F3FE8A35DDC (resized).jpeg2342CC3B-A6B9-44B6-B65C-7F3FE8A35DDC (resized).jpeg
C192CA59-ED62-4B92-97DF-BEBDF59EF9BD (resized).jpegC192CA59-ED62-4B92-97DF-BEBDF59EF9BD (resized).jpeg

#2335 5 years ago

That Batman.....damn you man

MunLE looks great. Congrats.

#2336 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

That Batman.....damn you man
MunLE looks great. Congrats.

Those 2 Franchi games together look amazing.

#2337 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just set up my Le. Very impressed so far. Much more brutal with shorter ball times than what I’ve heard. No ball save takes some adjusting, but I like it. You get the odd long game, but most are fairly quick.
Love the lower Playfield. Being in the middle makes it just feel like a small shrunken pinball machine (apparently Grampa shrunk it). As opposed to Stewies which is in the top right which is harder to control and it’s not as engaging. And sure it feels like a miniature pinball, but that’s because it is. Not sure what everyone was expecting when they say it doesn’t feel like real pinball. That’s because it’s minature. If you just see it for what it is, it’s great. You can use all your regular skills down there except in minature. Which is really fun. And it seems to be worth playing points wise. You can qualify multiball down there, score jackpots. The shots are surprisingly rewarding. Really can’t imagine this game without the lower pf tbh.
If any other manufacturer released this game it would be to universal praise. Really think there’s a lot of group think hate going on with this.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

If you say its amazing with the collection that you’ve got then it has to be amazing because you got some killer games. That LE looks awesome!

#2338 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you say its amazing with the collection that you’ve got then it has to be amazing because you got some killer games. That LE looks awesome!

I think you’ll love it Who-Dey . I’ve got all weekend to give it a good workout so I’ll report back on Sunday.

#2339 5 years ago

There sure are a bunch of rich bastards hanging around here.

80 pinsiders own a Pro..................................$6000.00

22 pinsiders own a Premium ........................$7600.00

92 pinsiders own an LE ................................$9000.00

===================================

I'd take a Pro. Would like to have a Premium. But the numbers say "call your banker; step up to an LE".

Are Premium sales going to lag until the LE's are sold out?

The Pro's have already taken a resale hit.

There are some LE's for resale. But none have sold yet.

One seller is priced at $8500.00.

How well have other Stern LE's held up with resale prices?

All 3 are good looking pins.

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 8.05.04 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-29 at 8.05.04 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 7.35.49 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-29 at 7.35.49 AM (resized).png

#2340 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That's 93 with an LE- I own LE 166

#2341 5 years ago

The numbers are probably skewed - LEs were the first sold. Premiums just started shipping.

#2342 5 years ago

Love my LE

#2343 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'd take a Pro. Would like to have a Premium. But the numbers say "call your banker; step up to an LE".
Are Premium sales going to lag until the LE's are sold out?
The Pro's have already taken a resale hit.
There are some LE's for resale. But none have sold yet.
One seller is priced at $8500.00.
How well have other Stern LE's held up with resale prices?
All 3 are good looking pins.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Premiums just started shipping... the munsters numbers on all versions sld puck up alot over the next month as more get made. There really aren't alot out there yet bc of the 2-3week delay

#2344 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just set up my Le. Very impressed so far. Much more brutal with shorter ball times than what I’ve heard. No ball save takes some adjusting, but I like it. You get the odd longer game, but most are fairly quick.
Love the lower Playfield. Being in the middle makes it just feel like a small shrunken pinball machine (apparently Grampa shrunk it). As opposed to Stewies which is on the top right and therefore harder to control and not as engaging. And sure it feels like a miniature pinball, but that’s because it is. Not sure what everyone was expecting when they say it doesn’t feel like real pinball. That’s because it’s minature. If you just see it for what it is, it’s great. You can use all your regular skills down there except in minature. Which is really fun. And it seems to be worth playing points wise. You can qualify multiball down there, score jackpots. The shots are surprisingly rewarding. Really can’t imagine this game without the lower pf tbh.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Here you were worried for nothing.. i knew you wld like it... its a great game especially with the newest code. Its only gonna get better as its still early

#2345 5 years ago

Is that glass over the mini-play field going to scratch?

At risk of starting a war, are any of you going to install a play field protector on your baby? They look like they will be easy to install. And that mini-play field glass would be protected.

I ask because the Pro model I played at Cactus Jacks in Oklahoma City was showing a lot of light dimples. Dimples are an issue for some; Others couldn't care less.

But scratched glass is ugly.

#2346 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

At risk of starting a war, are any of you going to install a play field protector on your baby? They look like they will be easy to install. And that mini-play field glass would be protected.
I ask because the Pro model I played at Cactus Jacks in Oklahoma City was showing a lot of light dimples. Dimples are an issue for some; Others couldn't care less.

Pretty sure the lower playfield window is not glass. Just like ACDC. I clean it with novus one and it’s fine.

#2347 5 years ago

It to sound like a dick and ending that war before it starts but if your that concerned over scratched plastic from the ball order another one from stern and change it out later down the road
Solved

#2348 5 years ago

Its plastic and it scratches

#2349 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Mini pf window is plastic....Will scuff over time w a ball bearing slamming it.

Protector might be a hard add, as I wouldn't want to have to pull it up to take the window out...Probably by a spare at some point and stash it to replace original after it gets excessive wear ( a very long time, I suspect)

#2350 5 years ago

When i had my congo with new window i put mylar over it to protect it. Easy to take off and replace and keeps window nice. You cld also use cling vinyl and replace as needed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/47?hl=guss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.