IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 237.
#2251 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

Sad to report my Grandpa Switch broke today like another posters switch. Stern is shipping out a new switch and I will need to do some soldering when it arrives. So the game will be down for a few days. Guess I will show my other pin some love in the meantime though but not playing this is killing me a bit.
[quoted image]

I wonder how these are breaking? Is there something close to the switch that is hitting it?

#2252 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

what broke? All the wires looked soldered. Did the internal guts of the cherry switch die?

If you look closely the green wire broke off the switch. It should be lined up with the unused lug and the black wire. Would have been nice if the wires were not soldered to the switch. Then the fix would be extremely easy.

I may just add push on connectors and see if they stay attached. Then if the switch goes again it’s a 5 minute fix and no need for a soldering iron.

#2253 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

what broke? All the wires looked soldered. Did the internal guts of the cherry switch die?

Looks like a center contact snapped off almost flush with the platic housing of the switch ?

#2254 5 years ago

what is the correct shaker motor to get? best price?

#2255 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just figured that there would be a lot of people who attended the show that would come on pinside and post their thoughts on the black and white artwork.i figured it would be a very hot topic. You posted a lot of things though that im glad to hear and your post was very interesting. ...thank you!

Finally found Brett's TPF thread....apparently there was a Munsters pre party (early admission to something (?) ) and alot of things related to Munsters going on.....couldn't have made it anyway, but man, not sure how none of this showed up in the threads (I'm slipping, I guess). Game apparently made a big splash, as it should!!!

Guess when a game starts building a good backing, the traction on here sort of dies....

#2256 5 years ago

Ya, I'm shocked at the lack of postings and overall info and feedback to the Premium from TPF as well. I thought for sure I'd log on today and see all kind of cool stuff, very little, strange

#2257 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Finally found Brett's TPF thread....apparently there was a Munsters pre party (early admission to something (?) ) and alot of things related to Munsters going on.....couldn't have made it anyway, but man, not sure how none of this showed up in the threads (I'm slipping, I guess). Game apparently made a big splash, as it should!!!
Guess when a game starts building a good backing, the traction on here sort of dies....

Over on the Munsters doom and gloom thread there are people thinking the price of this game is going to plummet on the used market. The game sucks and is not selling well according to people over there. I told them wishful thinking.

#2258 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Ya, I'm shocked at the lack of postings and overall info and feedback to the Premium from TPF as well. I thought for sure I'd log on today and see all kind of cool stuff, very little, strange

Well i have been hearing high praise about the black and white art from quite a few people. One person so far said he liked the color better. It sounds like the black and white artwork looks much better in person than it does in the pics even. Cant wait to see mine when it arrives!

#2259 5 years ago

I watched the 45 minute Pinball News video from TPF this morning hoping to get some good looks at the premium and the whole Stern set up and displays with the Munsters cars and Pat, Butch and the gang, hardly nothing. I thought for sure I would see a lot more than was actually on that video, very disappointing.

#2260 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

I wonder how these are breaking? Is there something close to the switch that is hitting it?

Looks like the metal was already fatigued during manufacture And maybe stressed more during install. They the constant vibration of the ball hitting the scoop and it just gave out from vibration.

#2261 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Over on the Munsters doom and gloom thread there are people thinking the price of this game is going to plummet on the used market. The game sucks and is not selling well according to people over there. I told them wishful thinking.

Oddly, people always root for collapse, so they can sweep one up for 3k privately.....rarely happens (if ever) with great games. Make no mistake...Munsters is a great game!!!!

#2262 5 years ago
83F20765-8DF5-4AFA-A854-2F7D3B65D683 (resized).jpeg83F20765-8DF5-4AFA-A854-2F7D3B65D683 (resized).jpeg
#2263 5 years ago

Holy crap Spaceman did you just get that Elvira or have you had it? I love that game!

#2264 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Holy crap Spaceman did you just get that Elvira or have you had it? I love that game!

Just got it
Not a mark on the shooter she is a beaut been sitting with one guy 29 years
Perfect match

#2265 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Just got it
Not a mark on the shooter she is a beaut been sitting with one guy 29 years
Perfect match

Dang you lucky b@stard! What a great score that was. I love that game. Congrats!

#2266 5 years ago

Tge bas

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Let it plummet who cares
The new BK looks metal as fuck owned the first two didn’t last still love my Munsters I will never sell the game like most won’t so it doesn’t matter
Everybody wants to tear down something like Munsters cause it was so stunning at reveal and we love it
Who wants something thats number 1 anyway?
What’s the number one song right now ?
Probably crap but all the DBs of the world love it
Usually things at number one are loved by a bunch a DBs anyway
I mean Kanye West has made biking shorts popular for women again haha go out and buy those
Love my Munsters love my Elvira and my shadow fuck the top spot
Munsters hype still in effect,still humming the song ,the honeymoon ain’t over
Can’t wait to see your premium

#2267 5 years ago

I thought the Premium was very well received at TPF. The chatter was extremely positive towards the game and the incredible art package. The black and white is incredible and seems enhanced with the colors from the lights. The game just pops visually. The Stern/Marco area was extremely busy all weekend with TPF fans getting their flips in. I didn’t take pictures of the playfield, but I did get to coach Butch Patrick on his first games ever on the Munsters machine. After his portion of the VIP segment was complete, he had some down time. He snagged me as I was walking past and asked what he had to do to play one. I was happy to get him on a game and show him the ropes. I got him through his first game and he was excited to try another. John Borg walked over and was watching Butch play while I coached him on shots and beginner strategy. Surprisingly, he picked up on the game and you could see him periodically at a game playing throughout the weekend. I was happy to help Eddie Munster through his first game. The Premium was beautiful and TPF was a great show. I hope next year is just as great!

C8A4A95C-64CA-40F1-B863-183DCAA7CB66 (resized).jpegC8A4A95C-64CA-40F1-B863-183DCAA7CB66 (resized).jpeg0D2C4AF8-ED57-41E8-8DD6-6728D25947EF (resized).jpeg0D2C4AF8-ED57-41E8-8DD6-6728D25947EF (resized).jpeg630E59D4-2D23-4A36-B462-879E3BEB06E1 (resized).jpeg630E59D4-2D23-4A36-B462-879E3BEB06E1 (resized).jpeg0CE63C7D-26E9-47F9-B5A5-1F499F3F0548 (resized).jpeg0CE63C7D-26E9-47F9-B5A5-1F499F3F0548 (resized).jpeg

BDABCCE8-0406-4384-A851-5858896034E3 (resized).jpegBDABCCE8-0406-4384-A851-5858896034E3 (resized).jpeg
#2268 5 years ago

Wow how freaking awesome is that!

#2269 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

what is the correct shaker motor to get? best price?

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

$99.95 plus shipping. They have the official Stern one, too, but that's an extra $50 down the toilet for functionally the same thing. Use that $50 difference and $25 more for art blades instead.

#2270 5 years ago

Munsters LE owner..... the game is AWESOME. Yes... had a few small issues but so what.

#2271 5 years ago

I think it’s great BK is dropping so the doom and gloom can stop here on this great game

#2272 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
$99.95 plus shipping. They have the official Stern one, too, but that's an extra $50 down the toilet for functionally the same thing. Use that $50 difference and $25 more for art blades instead.

I read somewhere that putting a non-Stern shaker in would void the warranty on a new game. Is this true?

#2273 5 years ago

I think it’s great BK is dropping so the doom and gloom can stop here on this great game

Agreed...time for the mob to move elsewhere for a bit..Munsters really didn't take on much water compared to other releases....refreshing to not hear of splitting cabs, cracked inserts, etc. Even the side wood on this one is harder (as I could tell w @ vireland's method..screws for my power distro went in much more solid than previous NIB Sterns).....wait....something they've done better???...I'll stop that nonsense now...

#2274 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I read somewhere that putting a non-Stern shaker in would void the warranty on a new game. Is this true?

That happened mostly because when the spike transition first happened, the non-Stern shaker motors were taking out node boards due to a design change/sensitivity no one outside Stern knew about (pinball life took care of the people affected AFAIK). Hasn't been a problem for a few years, but yes, buying ANYTHING non-Stern (mods, etc) technically voids the warranty.

We use pinball life spike (and SAM) shakers exclusively and have never had a problem. Stern's is overpriced, and the red tremor from cointaker makes unpleasant shaking that's more like a jackhammer.

#2275 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

thx

#2276 5 years ago

The bashing has already started on BK! It's already going because the pro doesn't offer the upper playfield so they are forcing you to buy the premium if you want it. So it's already causing an uproar.

#2277 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can get the Stern shaker from Stern for $99 if you want to stick with Stern add ons. Not sure why other sites are selling it for $149.
https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/stern-shaker-motor-kit-for-spike-system-games

#2278 5 years ago

Yep in typical pinside fashion... first the hype then people start picking things apart lol. Wait till you see the gameplay videos....then it will really start. I don't see anything i really like with the new bk and glad i went with munsters at this point. I didn't care for the first bk pins and the new one is very similar. Only one ramp and 2 dead end shots that end up on a wireform on the pro. Guess will see but im not expecting much. Im waiting for wonka to blow us away in a few weeks.

#2279 5 years ago

Played some Munsters last night. Really enjoying the updated code.
Every time I turn on the game, I’m still blown away by the beauty of the pin and the smoothness of the shots.
After seeing the Black Knight release, thankfully I didn’t feel rushed to call my distributor to order one.
Regardless, a great time for the hobby with all these cool releases.
Edit: like Bigd, can’t wait for Wonka either...another great theme.

#2280 5 years ago

I never was a fan of the Black Knight games but i gotta say that so far i like what i see especially with the Premium. Not a theme that i would own but i really hope that i have the opportunity to play one when they come out. Still rather have Munsters though personally.

Now one original theme that i could get excited about would be High Speed 3. I think BK3 is going to be yet another awesome game by Stern though. Stern has really been making pinball exciting here lately, gotta love it.....and just wait until Elvira 3 comes out!!! That game is going to be epic i bet.

#2281 5 years ago

Doom and gloom won't stop until open issues are taken care of and the code gets updated imo.

#2282 5 years ago

Premiums at the TPF were gorgeous in person. Solid lines all three days from open til close--game is very addictive and players would jump right back in line! Scott from Pin Stadium had his LE modded out with gold powder coating on the upper armor--dazzling! Steve from the MI Pinball Refinery is dolling my LE up so I'm still chomping on the bit. Scott had his lighting on the LE and I must say it really added, especially on the lower playfield. I can post pic soon. All in all delighted with my choice, especially since I have a medium sized collection.

#2283 5 years ago

I agree. We are getting our LE later this week and are really looking forward to getting it. The doom and gloomers that have never seen or played the game have also rated it really low so the game has also dropped out of the top 40.

Hopefully this is enough for this thread to become an owners thread with people that own and love the game. I think the game is a winner!

#2284 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Doom and gloom won't stop until open issues are taken care of and the code gets updated imo.

Munsters doesn't have many issues and it just came out also. People need to be a little more patient. I know i know....who's gonna be the first guy to bring up Ghostbusters code?

#2285 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Munsters doesn't have many issues and it just came out also. People need to be a little more patient. I know i know....who's gonna be the first guy to bring up Ghostbusters?

We love our Ghostbusters and have had the game since it came out. Same code and same rules for everyone.. No complaints at our place!

#2286 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We love our Ghostbusters and have had the game since it came out. Same code and same rules for everyone.. No complaints at our place!

Same here, i love mine. It will get its final polish anyways soon enough.

#2287 5 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

The bashing has already started on BK! It's already going because the pro doesn't offer the upper playfield so they are forcing you to buy the premium if you want it. So it's already causing an uproar.

There is no game that gets a free ride on Pinside.....

#2288 5 years ago

I love Star Wars so I am sure BK is gonna be great can’t wait to play one
And I like heavy metal and all that
But it’s great cause every time I look at that BK then look at my LE I smile
Have you seen this thing it’s gorgeous
Grandpas lab in a lower playfield?
This theme was made for pinball

I think the Munsters will settle in the top 30 but I put zero stock in that list
People over pump and submarine games
Think I am gonna go try to blow up Munsters haven’t been able to play the last couple days
Such a ride with this game
Also who Dey is right the game just came out more will come have some faith

When you open that game your jaw will hit the ground it is a true beauty

I agree. We are getting our LE later this week and are really looking forward to getting it. The doom and gloomers that have never seen or played the game have also rated it really low so the game has also dropped out of the top 40.
Hopefully this is enough for this thread to become an owners thread with people that own and love the game. I think the game is a winner!

#2290 5 years ago

The Munster LE/Premium are a completely different game from the Pro and should not be rated together...IMO.

#2291 5 years ago

Ok so since I was talking so much trash I went turned this game on
Shot a couple games got my ass handed to me
But the music,the lights,the call outs and game play my heart soared and I started laughing
I am telling ya this game is just great
Most beautiful looking game man

#2292 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

You can get the Stern shaker from Stern for $99 if you want to stick with Stern add ons. Not sure why other sites are selling it for $149.
https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/stern-shaker-motor-kit-for-spike-system-games

A> That's nice, but they've been sold out for a while (try checking out) and their shipping is generally atrocious.
B> They're so lazy they have a picture of a SAM shaker kit - it's not even a spike kit.

#2293 5 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

The Munster LE/Premium are a completely different game from the Pro and should not be rated together...IMO.

I am sure that both versions are a great game. I do like the top 100 as I do like to read other peoples honest opinions on games.

#2294 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A> That's nice, but they've been sold out for a while (try checking out) and their shipping is generally atrocious.
B> They're so lazy they have a picture of a SAM shaker kit - it's not even a spike kit.

I ordered the spike shaker last week with some art blades and it was here in 3 days. Could be sold out now though I guess.

#2295 5 years ago

Mezel mods now carries a protector for the shooter lane for Munsters.

#2296 5 years ago

So my distributor says that Stern is shipping out the Premiums tomorrow. So give several days to get there, and then shipped out to clients...another two weeks for me at least. No hurry, I mean, next month will be a year I plunked my deposit down on ACNC! And damn, that Black Knight looks gorgeous. Would look great next to my MM. Time to buy some lotto tickets.

#2297 5 years ago

Had a quick look over the LE’s at our distributor on Tuesday. Got to say it’s the most gorgeous looking game I’ve ever seen.

Stern have upped the cabinet quality also - the guys at AMD we’re saying it weighed a ton. Solid ply cabinet base, full Williams style leg brackets on all 4 corners and (this is new) black laminate inside and outside cabinets. Really nice finish.

#2298 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Had a quick look over the LE’s at our distributor on Tuesday. Got to say it’s the most gorgeous looking game I’ve ever seen.
Stern have upped the cabinet quality also - the guys at AMD we’re saying it weighed a ton. Solid ply cabinet base, full Williams style leg brackets on all 4 corners and (this is new) black laminate inside and outside cabinets. Really nice finish.

Totally agree Mark, looks stunning that LE backglass. Can't wait to get mine in the next couple of days.

#2299 5 years ago

I know it’s personal opinion but getting the pro. What looks better. Mirror blades or the inside cab art. Thx!

#2300 5 years ago

So what are the NIB premiums actually going for ? Less than the stated $7600?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/46?hl=sebastian88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.