IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 237.
#2201 5 years ago

Skill shot... I will check tomorrow

#2202 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Found another code bug for .96. The starting skill shot ten second clock never starts and the shot disappears after 2 seconds and therefore can never be hit. I sent a bug email. Hopefully they fix these soon. Anyone else notice this?

Hrmm .. The one where you hold the left flipper and up the right ramp , or do you try and short plunge and then up left ramp ?

I had not noticed this one before, but there are some shots that if you hit them will cancel the skill shot..

#2203 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Found another code bug for .96. The starting skill shot ten second clock never starts and the shot disappears after 2 seconds and therefore can never be hit. I sent a bug email. Hopefully they fix these soon. Anyone else notice this?

Which skill shot? The super right ramp one? Never seen this.

#2204 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Which skill shot? The super right ramp one? Never seen this.

Yes the super skill shot on the left side. Haven’t tried to switch to the left yet. Happens every time now.

#2205 5 years ago

re: Shaker motor issue on my LE...

so I played the newly set up LE at Flippers of Cheyenne today. Their shaker motor works perfectly well - strong, but doesn't rattle the cabinet and turn it into a big sounding board. I wish mine worked like that. Couldn't figure out what the problem was when I tried two weeks ago. Any ideas? I'm going to email Stern about this tonight.

#2206 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

re: Shaker motor issue on my LE...
so I played the newly set up LE at Flippers of Cheyenne today. Their shaker motor works perfectly well - strong, but doesn't rattle the cabinet and turn it into a big sounding board. I wish mine worked like that. Couldn't figure out what the problem was when I tried two weeks ago. Any ideas? I'm going to email Stern about this tonight.

The fix is simple and probably why the OP works fine and yours doesn’t (because they already did this). Here is the fix:

I just took mine off, because the shaker motor literally shook the right flipper solder joint apart. I’ve now solved the issue and can again enjoy the shaker motor without fear of my motor ruining my game elsewhere.
Removed it from the table: remove two top case screws. Then remove four bolts holding unit to table cabinet base.
Also tried using an Allen wrench, only to strip it. Attempted torque wrench and broke head. Wishing I hadn’t started this project, lol. Used Vise Grip Pliers to finally loosen 1/32nd screw nub. Destroyed screw nib getting it off. Purchased new screw and put it in the 90 degree angle hole to retighten. 90 degrees position offset it to the other side weight. Putting only a drop of lock tight on the screw before inserting.
Real issue with original screw is that it had tons of lock tight, so it was not coming off without brute force. Had to finally clamp screw nib into bench vice and then used a screw driver inserted through weight hole to turn entire weight till it came off all the way. Probably should have put heat on it.

Now at 90 degree offset position to opposite side weight, it works perfectly as a shaker motor and doesn’t shake the table glass any longer, but keeps the fun effect of the shaker motor. I left the other side untouched. You could move it 90 degrees also, but then they’d be 180 degrees opposite of each other and diminish shaker effect too much.
I’ve included photos below to see exactly how I positioned weights and where screws were placed. Have fun adjusting! It would have been a simple process without the heavy dose of lock tight. It is worth the effort as now shaker motor adds to the experience instead of being too violent.
48D13839-F00E-4BE4-9C05-623579D46457 (resized).jpeg48D13839-F00E-4BE4-9C05-623579D46457 (resized).jpeg9AD572B5-51D1-47FC-9983-B8D695497AC8 (resized).jpeg9AD572B5-51D1-47FC-9983-B8D695497AC8 (resized).jpegB772E913-F4A8-4CAE-8334-E8886B348350 (resized).jpegB772E913-F4A8-4CAE-8334-E8886B348350 (resized).jpeg

#2207 5 years ago

Soon

4507B8E5-0598-4DD9-8698-833394D8A0A9 (resized).png4507B8E5-0598-4DD9-8698-833394D8A0A9 (resized).pngBFFBED21-038E-4659-9AAD-94E803D307E7 (resized).pngBFFBED21-038E-4659-9AAD-94E803D307E7 (resized).png
#2208 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The fix is simple and probably why the OP works fine and yours doesn’t (because they already did this). Here is the fix:
I just took mine off, because the shaker motor literally shook the right flipper solder joint apart. I’ve now solved the issue and can again enjoy the shaker motor without fear of my motor ruining my game elsewhere.
Removed it from the table: remove two top case screws. Then remove four bolts holding unit to table cabinet base.
Also tried using an Allen wrench, only to strip it. Attempted torque wrench and broke head. Wishing I hadn’t started this project, lol. Used Vise Grip Pliers to finally loosen 1/32nd screw nub. Destroyed screw nib getting it off. Purchased new screw and put it in the 90 degree angle hole to retighten. 90 degrees position offset it to the other side weight. Putting only a drop of lock tight on the screw before inserting.
Real issue with original screw is that it had tons of lock tight, so it was not coming off without brute force. Had to finally clamp screw nib into bench vice and then used a screw driver inserted through weight hole to turn entire weight till it came off all the way. Probably should have put heat on it.
Now at 90 degree offset position to opposite side weight, it works perfectly as a shaker motor and doesn’t shake the table glass any longer, but keeps the fun effect of the shaker motor. I left the other side untouched. You could move it 90 degrees also, but then they’d be 180 degrees opposite of each other and diminish shaker effect too much.
I’ve included photos below to see exactly how I positioned weights and where screws were placed. Have fun adjusting! It would have been a simple process without the heavy dose of lock tight. It is worth the effort as now shaker motor adds to the experience instead of being too violent.

Thanks for posting this. I just did the change and, mercifully, using a T-Handle it just popped lose. Looking forward to installing when the Premium finally arrives.

spike2shake (resized).jpgspike2shake (resized).jpg
#2209 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Anyone have the Grampa shot pop out ?
I hit that shot and it flys right out All the time

Yes, turn your flippers down to "soft"...it won't hit the scoop so hard and bounce out...trust me, soft still gives you all the flipper power you need.

#2210 5 years ago

Seeing what seems to be an issue with both old code and new code. When no one is playing, SPOT goes up and then down, causing a relatively loud mechanical noise. Seems to happen about every 15-20 minutes. Is this normal?

#2211 5 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Seeing what seems to be an issue with both old code and new code. When no one is playing, SPOT goes up and then down, causing a relatively loud mechanical noise. Seems to happen about every 15-20 minutes. Is this normal?

I thought from previous threads that this was part of the attract mode and it could be turned off. I might be wrong because I don't have my machine yet but I thought that's what I read.

#2212 5 years ago
Quoted from wotan:

I thought from previous threads that this was part of the attract mode and it could be turned off. I might be wrong because I don't have my machine yet but I thought that's what I read.

Cool I'll turn attract mode off and see what happens! Thanks for the suggestion!

#2213 5 years ago
Quoted from wotan:

Correct..

#2214 5 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Happened again.... from grandpa s lab.... time runs out.... upper playfield is being played... display is locked on “start the machine”. Ball goes in dragula hole.... doesn’t register at that point.... searches for ball...and then turn ( ball at that time) ends. So you lose a turn/ball. Enough to ruin the good game you are having.... what the hell

I am having an issue with Grandpa's scoop. I think its a bad Micro-switch. Stern sent me a new one..... should be here this weekend.

Or maybe its the new software bug? Was working fine on the older version.

#2215 5 years ago
Quoted from wotan:

yes.....not part of attract mode, however....has it's own "Spot attract" which needs to be turned off....

#2216 5 years ago

best 2-3 mods for the Pro? Which shaker does Munsters use? thx

#2217 5 years ago

How the Premiums going at TPF??!

#2218 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

wondering why this hasn't been replied to....may too much shock and disbelief of the YBR? Sure would like to see some Prem. Munsters pics....

#2219 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

wondering why this hasn't been replied to....may too much shock and disbelief of the YBR? Sure would like to see some Prem. Munsters pics....

LOL, yeah.. nothing like JJP "stealing the show", although in a very unexpected way. I've been waiting to hear about people's opinions of the B&W art package as if I'm buying I'd be looking at a Premium.

#2220 5 years ago

Some videos of the B&W Premium would be nice as well.

#2222 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just listened to Kanedas podcast and he said that the Premium is drop dead gorgeous. He said the black and white is better looking than the LE and that it makes you smile every time that you look at it. He said it is one of the sexiest pinball machines ever made. I cant wait to get mine!

#2224 5 years ago

Is there not ANYONE at TPF posting any cool pics, stuff? Is there another thread?...shit, I saw they had a badass Munstermobile there, supposedly "show only" Munsters T-shirts, etc.

It's their newest game, and would think there is Munster mania happening......anyone?

#2225 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just listened to Kanedas podcast and he said that the Premium is drop dead gorgeous. He said the black and white is better looking than the LE and that it makes you smile every time that you look at it. He said it is one of the sexiest pinball machines ever made. I cant wait to get mine!

Have been playing both the Premium and LE over the past 2 days at TPF. The LE in my opinion is stunning and black and white didn't do much for me. Everyone has different likes though.

20190322_161728 (resized).jpg20190322_161728 (resized).jpg20190322_184649(0) (resized).jpg20190322_184649(0) (resized).jpg
#2226 5 years ago

Keep in mind that the LE at TPF has "Pin-Stadium" lighting on both the upper and lower playfields...regardlees, the LE is a beauty!

#2227 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Have been playing both the Premium and LE over the past 2 days at TPF. The LE in my opinion is stunning and black and white didn't do much for me. Everyone has different likes though.[quoted image][quoted image]

hooray, show pics!!! how about the Munstermobile on display? Anybody picking up the t-shirts (I'm a sucked for stuff like that)?

I'm going to send my distro an email to pick one up for me, if possible...

#2228 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

hooray, show pics!!! how about the Munstermobile on display? Anybody picking up the t-shirts (I'm a sucked for stuff like that)?
I'm going to send my distro an email to pick one up for me, if possible...

Here's a couple. There was only 10 Munsters shirts in each size available. Looked great though.

20190322_152807 (resized).jpg20190322_152807 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1553242949698 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1553242949698 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1553244390645 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1553244390645 (resized).jpg
#2229 5 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Keep in mind that the LE at TPF has "Pin-Stadium" lighting on both the upper and lower playfields...regardlees, the LE is a beauty!

Ohhh, that’s the problem....

#2230 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Here's a couple. There was only 10 Munsters shirts in each size available. Looked great though.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

!!
Now we're talkin'!!!!!! positive stuff from the show...thx for the pics....vehicles look killer!!!!! no worries on shirt...just hoping they had gotten out, and am sure they will offer some other version on the site eventually...

#2231 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ohhh, that’s the problem....

Yep, ramps glowing away....fortunately, the LE is gorgeous without rainbow lighting....

#2232 5 years ago

I finally had a chance to flip a Munsters here at TPF and I have to say it exceeded my expectations. It was a a lot of fun! The premium art looks great, pictures don’t do the black and white justice. The light choreography was really well done, and the ‘Spike’ toy I thought was neat, guess I never saw he was in there on the videos I watched. The screens on these things I find hard to review, because I just rarely look up there while playing. The lower playfield is a complete pinball game, ramps, wireform, saucer, a multi ball. It even has modes, so cool! This is a game I want to play again.

#2233 5 years ago

Im kind of surprised we haven't heard more about the black and white premiums? I thought it would be a hot topic regardless of whether people love it or hate it.

#2234 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im kind of surprised we haven't heard more about the black and white premiums? I thought it would be a hot topic regardless of whether people love it or hate it.

I'm with him ^^^^

#2235 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What are you expecting to hear? At TPF it seems like people prefer the b/w art 3 to 1 over the Pro and most agree that it is far more stunning in person than in pictures.

Designer John Borg had an LE reserved and cancelled it to get a Premium instead because he really liked the black and white art package. He is a huge fan of the Munsters and had a crush on Marilyn when he was a kid (This is Pat Priest’s last show, so he took the opportunity to propose to her. She asked if he liked older women, but I don’t believe she gave him an answer. My wife has the picture on her phone, but someone posted one in another thread) .

Dwight has new code running that fixes some of the issues noted in .96 and made it clear to anyone that asked that the game code was pretty much done (translation: anyone expecting a massive change in direction or rule set will be disappointed).

Chris Franchi had three art packages (all color) and when Stern decided on doing a b/w version he took what was originally designed for the Pro and used it as the base to convert to the Premium. I forgot to ask him what art was in the window area of the the original design for the Pro.

The Grandpa scoop was originally a trap door mechanism (removed for complexity and cost - too bad because it looked/sounded really cool) and there was an unspecified mechanism removed from the top right of the PF. If I understood him correctly it sounded like John would have preferred drop targets but ran into BOM constraints (though Dwight preferred the mono targets).

Lower PF seems to be popular. I heard a number of people (including my wife) say that they preferred the Premium because of it. I still don’t think the lower PF will have staying power, but I would like to try a Premium with flippers set to soft. If you are a fan of the show itself it would be hard not to go with a Premium. If I end up getting a game, it will have a translite autographed by the design team, Butch and Pat. I thank John Borg for suggesting that the Pro would look better with gold signatures than ones from the silver pen I bought for the Premium.

3FA7CD69-B062-48D7-8BAC-7BA59C5A19D8 (resized).jpeg3FA7CD69-B062-48D7-8BAC-7BA59C5A19D8 (resized).jpeg3FE3ACB8-F68E-4BDA-8C38-87BB1F8DC0D5 (resized).jpeg3FE3ACB8-F68E-4BDA-8C38-87BB1F8DC0D5 (resized).jpeg

#2236 5 years ago

Anybody have an extra signed translite from the show that wants to sell it please let me know.

#2237 5 years ago

I am reading folks are putting mylar down on shooting lane? newb here....and new LE. What type etc and how..???

#2238 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am reading folks are putting mylar down on shooting lane? newb here....and new LE. What type etc and how..???

This site is amazing for misc supplies. I buy Mylar by the roll.

https://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

Cut some Mylar into the shape of a pair of pants. It will straddle the cutout in the shooter lane for the switch and make sure the top part of the pants goes far enough to cover the area where the ball lands when kicked out.

#2239 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This site is amazing for misc supplies. I buy Mylar by the roll.
https://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html
Cut some Mylar into the shape of a pair of pants. It will straddle the cutout in the shooter lane for the switch and make sure the top part of the pants goes far enough to cover the area where the ball lands when kicked out.

Thanks! Boy their shipping is pretty pricey....$7.50 for mylar....$17.50 to ship....

#2240 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Thanks! Boy their shipping is pretty pricey....$7.50 for mylar....$17.50 to ship....

I think shipping is actually $10... most likely because it has to ship in a tube which can cost a bit more. But in the end, I'm fairly certain that a worn shooter lane will take more than $17.50 off the value of your game. But YMMV as always.

#2241 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Put in a Cliffy from passionforpinball.com

#2242 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I bought 2 sheets of mylar from them a couple of weeks ago.

I, too, thought the shipping was high but, a short while later, I received a partial refund of my shipping charges, without me asking.

Also, one of the mylar sheets had a slight mark on it, so they included a 3rd sheet, free of charge.

A class act, all the way.

#2243 5 years ago

Right on their website:

PinRestore
SuppliesToolsBrushesPaint PensHardwareElectronicsRivetingAbout UsContact UsShipping

Tools and Supplies for Restoring Pinball Machines.

We Ship Worldwide!

***We Always Refund Excess Shipping Charges***

#2244 5 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Right on their website:
PinRestore
SuppliesToolsBrushesPaint PensHardwareElectronicsRivetingAbout UsContact UsShipping
Tools and Supplies for Restoring Pinball Machines.
We Ship Worldwide!
***We Always Refund Excess Shipping Charges***

Thanks! Already ordered so cool!

#2245 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What are you expecting to hear? At TPF it seems like people prefer the b/w art 3 to 1 over the Pro and most agree that it is far more stunning in person than in pictures.
Designer John Borg had an LE reserved and cancelled it to get a Premium instead because he really liked the black and white art package. He is a huge fan of the Munsters and had a crush on Marilyn when he was a kid (This is Pat Priest’s last show, so he took the opportunity to propose to her. She asked if he liked older women, but I don’t believe she gave him an answer. My wife has the picture on her phone, but someone posted one in another thread) .
Dwight has new code running that fixes some of the issues noted in .96 and made it clear to anyone that asked that the game code was pretty much done (translation: anyone expecting a massive change in direction or rule set will be disappointed).
Chris Franchi had three art packages (all color) and when Stern decided on doing a b/w version he took what was originally designed for the Pro and used it as the base to convert to the Premium. I forgot to ask him what art was in the window area of the the original design for the Pro.
The Grandpa scoop was originally a trap door mechanism (removed for complexity and cost - too bad because it looked/sounded really cool) and there was an unspecified mechanism removed from the top right of the PF. If I understood him correctly it sounded like John would have preferred drop targets but ran into BOM constraints (though Dwight preferred the mono targets).
Lower PF seems to be popular. I heard a number of people (including my wife) say that they preferred the Premium because of it. I still don’t think the lower PF will have staying power, but I would like to try a Premium with flippers set to soft. If you are a fan of the show itself it would be hard not to go with a Premium. If I end up getting a game, it will have a translite autographed by the design team, Butch and Pat. I thank John Borg for suggesting that the Pro would look better with gold signatures than ones from the silver pen I bought for the Premium.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I just figured that there would be a lot of people who attended the show that would come on pinside and post their thoughts on the black and white artwork.i figured it would be a very hot topic. You posted a lot of things though that im glad to hear and your post was very interesting. ...thank you!

#2246 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just figured that there would be a lot of people who attended the show that would come on pinside and post their thoughts on the black and white artwork.i figured it would be a very hot topic. You posted a lot of things though that im glad to hear and your post was very interesting. ...thank you!

Id guess many are eating their words and like the game after actually playing it lol. The new code made the game so much better and I've played more pinball the last few weeks on Munsters than i have in a long long time.

#2247 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Id guess many are eating their words and like the game after actually playing it lol. The new code made the game so much better and I've played more pinball the last few weeks on Munsters than i have in a long long time.

Heck yeah bigd, Munsters is a fun game i dont care what the nay sayers say! I cant wait to get my Premium and see what it looks like in person. Im glad the reports have been favorable. Where the hell is Spaceman at? We need him to come in here and pump this thread up and put a little excitement into it!

I cant compete with him on the Munsters hype so i lve been kinda laying low and letting him do all the talking.

#2248 5 years ago

I played Munsters a bunch at TPF. I really enjoyed it. It has a kinda same-y feel to many of Borg's other designs and classic fan layouts in general, but that isn't all bad. Ultimately it is a fun game. I would not recommend it for a small collection with other Borg games but if you don't already have one of his
designs, are a Munsters fan, or have a big collection: you will be happy with this pin.

The black and white artwork looks fantastic. It really is stunning and stands out as unique. I hope they implement a white only LED code option.

#2249 5 years ago

Sad to report my Grandpa Switch broke today like another posters switch. Stern is shipping out a new switch and I will need to do some soldering when it arrives. So the game will be down for a few days. Guess I will show my other pin some love in the meantime though but not playing this is killing me a bit.

07539060-29C7-452F-979D-4F0F92108E7A (resized).jpeg07539060-29C7-452F-979D-4F0F92108E7A (resized).jpeg
#2250 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

Sad to report my Grandpa Switch broke today like another posters switch. Stern is shipping out a new switch and I will need to do some soldering when it arrives. So the game will be down for a few days. Guess I will show my other pin some love in the meantime though but not playing this is killing me a bit.
[quoted image]

what broke? All the wires looked soldered. Did the internal guts of the cherry switch die?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/45?hl=sebastian88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.