IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 237.
#2101 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It has something to do with those 8 lights that change configurations on the LCD every time you press the flippers. I just know it. Haha

Ive been trying to figure out what they are for

#2102 5 years ago

If it’s a flipper button code, here’s the theory behind how they work.

In attract mode, you press both buttons at the same time to clear everything.

Then you press the left flipper a number of times, then the right flipper to confirm. Then left again a number of times, then right to confirm. Then left a number of times, then right to confirm and right once more to finalize.

So it’s a 3 digit or letter combo. He used these in GOT and it was typically initials. Like if you did ABC, the credits would roll. So to do that you hit Left once for A being the first letter of the alphabet, then right to confirm. Left twice for B, right to confirm, then left three times for C, then right twice to finish the entry.

If I were you guys I’d start trying various initials using this flipper code and see what you can find. Ideas I have:

ABC
XAQ (Dwight’s initials)
Not sure what borgs initials are, but try those too.
Maybe MUN

#2103 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It has something to do with those 8 lights that change configurations on the LCD every time you press the flippers. I just know it. Haha

I have to agree on this, today I watched all the streams I could and they do change depending on mode progression.. they do not seem to be anything related to the top lanes and bottom lanes as I first assumed. Wish I had my pin.. :/

#2104 5 years ago
Quoted from drained:

I have to agree on this, today I watched all the streams I could and they do change depending on mode progression.. they do not seem to be anything related to the top lanes and bottom lanes as I first assumed. Wish I had my pin.. :/

They are definitely tied to the flipper buttons only. And they do the same sequence over and over.

#2105 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They are definitely tied to the flipper buttons only. And they do the same sequence over and over.

Yes. They are definely flipper button related, they flip back and forth alot.. it's wierd. I have noticed the bottom row changes at certain points.. I only have streams to disssect atm. Maybe they just changed because the right first sequence is hit. If this is the case, this means this mode can be triggered anytime during a game? I hope I have mine before the cats out of the bag.

I feel like the goal is to fill all 8 dots.

#2106 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Just curious if anyone has come up with a fix for the right lower PF ramp not registering shots? Turned down the flipper power to soft and still on that machine it doesn't register the ramp shot most of the time. Pulled the lower PF glass and checked the opto and it registers every time but when the ball is moving fast it just doesnt get it.

I don’t think it’s a hardware issue. I had no problems with the lower PF at all until .96 code update. Now my lower is wacky sometimes and doesn’t even shut off. Last night Munster Madness ended with a ball drain but it refused to finish grandpa and two balls were just sitting in grandpa’s scoop. Had to shut off the pin to reset. Looks like software glitches to me

#2107 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hi guss, I haven't had the opportunity to explore a midget second wife, but having now played the lower playfield on Munsters I might just have to go out and look for one as it was fun! Seriously though, I came away from the experience impressed enough to consider making the swap from my Pro (which I really really like) to a Premium as it takes skill to make the shots and they are layed out well. Also it didn't feel cheap and silly or gimmicky. Not sure if I recall you're mentioning in prior posts if you had played the LE to get a feel for how the lower playfield played. I just felt like sharing my experience for others to draw upon if they found it usefull.
If you haven't yet tried it U might want to give that midget a try

Haven't Tried it yet. But I just never liked mini playfields. But everybody has different taste. I didn't mean anything bad about it, I just don't like mini playfields. (Maybe I'm just a bad player)

#2108 5 years ago

Cmon man someone has to have a B&W they just got and post pics here

#2109 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Haven't Tried it yet. But I just never liked mini playfields. But everybody has different taste. I didn't mean anything bad about it, I just don't like mini playfields. (Maybe I'm just a bad player)

Hey guss, no worries man, I can kinda relate with you. I will say I was never really a fan of machines with lower playfields either, then I played 'The Big Leboswki", thought it was kind of fun, that was a little over a year ago. I then played a couple other machines with a lower playfield a couple weeks later and was unimpressed. Fast forward to last week and getting a chance to play an LE, I came away smiling!

Although I may have somewhat limited time on machines with lower playfields I liked it enough that I am definitely making a change from the Pro to the Premium. I think the Pro rocks it, and if I could pull it off would keep it and still get a Premium, but I have to be reasonable when it comes to $$. In the end I'd rather own the Premium to have that added feature and opportunity to expand on what is already a great fun game. Sure that lower playfield complicates things when it comes to maintaining or servicing the game, all trade offs I've taken into consideration for long term ownership. It added another dimension to the game making it that much funner to play, and I think it really vame down to the fact that 'It just seems right' that for this games theme having Grandpa’s laboratory down there finishes off the game.

You're right, everyone's tastes vary, but I would encourage you to give it a play. I'd like to be the one responsible for possibly converting you. I think it's worth the extra $, and the black and white to me is also a cool look and fits the theme as well. Lastly, I just want to be like Who-Dey, my idol

#2110 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No you can’t do that unfortunately.

Thanks chuckwurt ! Yeah that is unfortunate... I get why they put it on 5-ball play in that environment but it feels so unsatisfying.

#2111 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Lastly, I just want to be like Who-Dey, my idol

You and everyone else PInhead.....take a number my friend.

#2112 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I don’t think it’s a hardware issue. I had no problems with the lower PF at all until .96 code update. Now my lower is wacky sometimes and doesn’t even shut off. Last night Munster Madness ended with a ball drain but it refused to finish grandpa and two balls were just sitting in grandpa’s scoop. Had to shut off the pin to reset. Looks like software glitches to me

I had similar problem with my LE after installing 0.96. Mini playfield flippers froze with time left on clock, ball left in Mystery Saucer & display locked on "Shoot the Machine." Upper playfield resumed with display still frozen, until ball would not eject from Dragula. After approx 5 minutes, Ball search ejected ball and added second ball which cancelled next player's turn. Only happened once as score reached 100M for 1st time on 3 player. Stern Tech Support wants to try a new SD Card and then new CPU if that does not help. During 5 day wait for Stern to send the SD Card, scores have been higher without a problem. I'm betting its the 0.96 and not the card. Good luck!

#2113 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You and everyone else PInhead.....take a number my friend.

Who-Dey, its tough being humble, but someone has to do it. Number please!

#2114 5 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

Who-Dey, its tough being humble, but someone has to do it. Number please!

Lol i gotta tell ya, anybody wanting to be like me must have a pretty sad life! I do have pretty good taste in pinball though, I’ll give myself that at least.

#2115 5 years ago

After reading some of the posts above, has anyone else had issues with their LE mini-pf after installing .96?

I’m downloading the code as I write this; and just wondering if I should now hold off updating if the lower pf flippers are freezing or glitching due to the update?

#2116 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

After reading some of the posts above, has anyone else had issues with their LE mini-pf after installing .96?
I’m downloading the code as I write this; and just wondering if I should now hold off updating if the lower pf flippers are freezing or glitching due to the update?

I’ve had no issues
But I had no issues before
Very occasionally the right ramp won’t register before and after

#2117 5 years ago

Thanks Spaceman- mine has been working great as well, particularly since I changed to the soft setting on the mini pf flippers.
I just didn’t want to update if it meant new glitches on the lower pf.

#2118 5 years ago

No issues experienced here either. I’ve had decent time on two separate LEs.

#2119 5 years ago

Chuck.... I don’t see that you own this title but are very familiar with it..... do you like it well enough to own in the future?

#2120 5 years ago

@ chuckwurt: do you know if the LEs you played were both updated to .96?

#2121 5 years ago

Updated mine Sunday, no issues.

#2122 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Chuck.... I don’t see that you own this title but are very familiar with it..... do you like it well enough to own in the future?

Definitely considering a premium. Love what the lower playfield adds to the game.

#2123 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Yes they were.

#2124 5 years ago

Thanks Chuck, Banker & Spaceman, feel more reassured about updating now to .96 on my LE.

#2125 5 years ago

I've had occasional issues with the mini - pf, after 0.96, where the mode does not fully end. Control is given back to the main playfield, but the display is stuck on grandpa's machine, and no scoring happens on the main pf.. Then eventually it ejects a second ball to the main PF, but as soon as one drains the flippers shut off.. Has happened 2-3 times so far..

#2126 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I've had occasional issues with the mini - pf, after 0.96, where the mode does not fully end. Control is given back to the main playfield, but the display is stuck on grandpa's machine, and no scoring happens on the main pf.. Then eventually it ejects a second ball to the main PF, but as soon as one drains the flippers shut off.. Has happened 2-3 times so far..

I’ve seen this behavior too except the ball was in Dragula and wouldn’t kick out. Game then served another ball and when the dragula ball was released, the game went to bonus. Only happened once though. No idea what caused it.

#2127 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Hey Zukram, as I shared earlier, mine did that only once so far after the last update. When I contacted Stern, it seemed like it was the 1st time that had heard of this problem. Be sure to email Tech Support so they realize this is not an isolated incident and figure out what the cause is, instead of using a process of elimination by sending out new SD Cards and CPU's as they are doing with me. Still love this game tho!

#2128 5 years ago

I’m still on the fence with this title and version. I played two games on the LE with Trent over my shoulder..... man did I feel intimidated, so that was not a good test. I need to play the Pro soon to really know if this is the game for me. Theme , music, artwork are winners.

#2129 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve seen this behavior too except the ball was in Dragula and wouldn’t kick out. Game then served another ball and when the dragula ball was released, the game went to bonus. Only happened once though. No idea what caused it.

Same here also, where Dragula delayed kick out thru several ball searches after the mini pf & shoot the machine display problems.
Even if it only happened once, let Tech Support know so they can at least log the frequency and focus on the fix. Thanks

#2130 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I too have had this issue.
Magicchiz

#2131 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I too have had this issue.
Magicchiz

The number is growing and Stern should be made aware.

Let 'em know please. Thank you. https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/

#2132 5 years ago

I updated my pro and the only issue I have, 50% of the time there is a long wait for the ball to kick out to the shooter lane.

#2133 5 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

Same here also, where Dragula delayed kick out thru several ball searches after the mini pf & shoot the machine display problems.
Even if it only happened once, let Tech Support know so they can at least log the frequency and focus on the fix. Thanks

Sent a note to Dwight a week or so ago about it. Working on getting him video of it too, but having computer issues at the moment.

#2134 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sent a note to Dwight a week or so ago about it.

Thanks Chuck

#2135 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I have a pro but help a friend with an LE. He had issues with both versions of the code with the right ramp on the lower pf not registering most of the time. Pulled the glass to access the lower pf and the opto seems to work fine but just doesn't register fast shots to that ramp even with the lower flippers set to soft. I also replaced his shaker motor and node board for him because whoever installed the shaker at the factory had the wires routed so that the counter weight on the shaker would hit the wire. It shorted out the power wires for the shaker and let out some magic smoke.

But no problems with the flippers not working with either code version on his.

#2136 5 years ago

There was an earlier post about covering that lower pf ramp with Perspex to stop the ball hopping over the opto. Whoever did it, has it continued to work, and how hard was it to make? If it does work, stern should be releasing it as a service fix.

#2137 5 years ago

Thanks Ven. Finding no issues on my lower pf currently; but definitely want to update the code.
Really prefer the feel of the lower pf flippers set to soft; and right ramp seems to be working as it should.
I still need to remove the plastic shield to clean off the dust & lint though.

#2138 5 years ago

Add me to the list of folks experiencing the occasional issue after .96 upgrade:

* Lower playfield "ends"
* Control is placed back on upper playfield, but the LCD is still stuck at the machine.
* Ball eventually moves to Dragula, isn't ejected.
* Machine goes into ball detection mode.
* We wait. A couple of mins.
* 2 balls are ejected (at the same time) from shooter lane. 3 total in playfield at that point (one Dragula, 2 playfield).
* one ball drains, flippers go dead, end of that "ball".

I've seen it once, but I haven't been playing a lot this week. Was going to turn off the lower playfield until addressed.

Thanks!
Mike

#2139 5 years ago

I played the LE in Banning this past weekend and the lower PF window was already starting to cloud.

#2140 5 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Add me to the list of folks experiencing the occasional issue after .96 upgrade:
* Lower playfield "ends"
* Control is placed back on upper playfield, but the LCD is still stuck at the machine.
* Ball eventually moves to Dragula, isn't ejected.
* Machine goes into ball detection mode.
* We wait. A couple of mins.
* 2 balls are ejected (at the same time) from shooter lane. 3 total in playfield at that point (one Dragula, 2 playfield).
* one ball drains, flippers go dead, end of that "ball".
I've seen it once, but I haven't been playing a lot this week. Was going to turn off the lower playfield until addressed.
Thanks!
Mike

Email tech support?
Thx

#2141 5 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

Hey Zukram, as I shared earlier, mine did that only once so far after the last update. When I contacted Stern, it seemed like it was the 1st time that had heard of this problem. Be sure to email Tech Support so they realize this is not an isolated incident and figure out what the cause is, instead of using a process of elimination by sending out new SD Cards and CPU's as they are doing with me. Still love this game tho!

Filed a bug report..

#2142 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I played the LE in Banning this past weekend and the lower PF window was already starting to cloud.

From friction of balls rolling over it, or something underneath it?

Mine was shipped with cleaning solution smudges on the underside only visible when lights come on down there. My OCD requires it be removed for a more careful cleaning. I doubt it will be the last time it will have to be removed. Just wasn't planning on doing it the first week of ownership. Must have been cleaned on a Monday before lunch at the factory, or a Friday after lunch.

#2143 5 years ago

experienced longer end of ball cycle a few times, and a couple odd lower pf timer issues. My right lower ramp registers very consistently...very quick down there, however, keeping track of everything, so can't say it's catching 100%, but pretty darn close ( callout and timer clue)....seems one time it went dark w time still on the clock, but then again, can't be certain....learning to refine my lower pf skills...lots of fun/ pressure, as the timer always hits zero just as I was going to collect another jackpot....

I send feedback like this to "[email protected]" believing they are logging it for future updates....

game is still a blast for me, just not enough time to play lately...

#2144 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Filed a bug report..

Cool, thanks!

#2145 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

mine had slight dust upon arrival, then developed an odd film "smudge" after a few dozen plays (underside)..both cleaned fine, and definitely not clouding (just dirty).

ball marks will be a way of life, however.....getting all the black rubber out of there will definitely minimize the effect...

#2146 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I send feedback like this to "[email protected]" believing they are logging it for future updates....

Done, email sent to "[email protected]" also.

#2147 5 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

From friction of balls rolling over it, or something underneath it?
Mine was shipped with cleaning solution smudges on the underside only visible when lights come on down there. My OCD requires it be removed for a more careful cleaning. I doubt it will be the last time it will have to be removed. Just wasn't planning on doing it the first week of ownership. Must have been cleaned on a Monday before lunch at the factory, or a Friday after lunch.

I also played the LE in Banning Sunday. Lower playfield glass had dust underneath the glass, no ball scratches or anything wrong on the upper surface. What I did notice though was that the glass was not perfectly flush with the playfield on the left side as you could see the ball take a slight wander off course at lower ball speeds, but not enough that it affected game play. Other than that the game played fine with no issues as noted with others. I do not know what code was installed.

#2148 5 years ago

I fixed my dust under lower playfield glass with a can of spray air. The straw fits between layers so you can get in there a blow away. Without having to remove the playfield glass.
Magicchiz

#2149 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I fixed my dust under lower playfield glass with a can of spray air. The straw fits between layers so you can get in there a blow away. Without having to remove the playfield glass.
Magicchiz

Genius.

#2150 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The above Dragula issue just happened to me, exact same thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/43?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.