IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 237.
#2001 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Nothing unique - my AC/DC VE Premium is same beveled edge.
Stern does not make that edge the same height as rest of playfield - they bevel it down for a reason - so no one chips the wood edge.
Got an email into Stern asking them there opinion.
Question- if you run your finger across the plastic / wood edge is it smooth AND can you feel height difference at the bevel. If this is what you have - you did Option A above.

My ACDC is perfectly smooth all the way around. Don’t feel any edge of anything from either direction.

#2002 5 years ago

Beatles code doesn’t need to be unzipped... despite what the instructions say. Because it isn’t a zip file

#2003 5 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Why am I having trouble getting my Munsters le to update the new code... can someone help. Is it the tumb drive?? Format 32. Cleared thumb drive. Downloaded the spk 0.96 update. Transferred to thumb drive...game doesn’t recognize it. Do thumb drives go bad..? Beatles did this too. But Beatles eventually took

Did you unzip/uncompress the download and place that file onto the thumb drive ?
Any chance you grabbed the pro version by mistake ?
Does the game see anything at all, eg say to install the .96 update then fail ?
I saw mention that sometimes the builtin windows unzipper can create a bad file, and a 3rd party unzip tool might be needed ..

#2004 5 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Why am I having trouble getting my Munsters le to update the new code... can someone help. Is it the tumb drive?? Format 32. Cleared thumb drive. Downloaded the spk 0.96 update. Transferred to thumb drive...game doesn’t recognize it. Do thumb drives go bad..? Beatles did this too. But Beatles eventually took

did you "empty the trash"? when you cleared your drive, so it was truly empty? Also, did you use that Etcher app that Stern recommends to load the update onto the drive?

#2005 5 years ago

So this update you need etcher app? How come I didn’t need it for ghostbusters or Beatles. I’m not arguing with you. I appreciate the help. It never seemed to be this difficult before.. ie Simpson’s t3 ghostbusters.... Beatles was because it wasn’t a zip file Now you need that app? So to unzip and transfer individually onto the drive?

#2006 5 years ago

No it was the LE version

#2007 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I am assuming everyone is saying option (B).
Both are level with the playfield - the difference is should you be level with the playfield like a 1/4 plus inch away from the wood beveled edge. You definitely can feel the plastic edge when running your finger over it doing it this way.

Mine I set more like A. When it came from the factory it was tightened much farther down than now, and used to divert the ball alot..

I reset mine by doing this:
Getting the play field like you have in B first
Then slowly lowered it just until i just could not feel the sharp plastic edge with my finger all the way around..

I had done it once and was really happy with it, then got a ball stuck on the lower, and then one of the mini play field flippers needed to be adjusted, sigh..
And after popping it on and off, got it back close to where I was happy, but will have to adjust some more.

My play field is also beveled, so there is not a way to make the plastic completely flush here..

#2008 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question- if you run your finger across the plastic / wood edge is it smooth AND can you feel height difference at the bevel. If this is what you have - you did Option A above.

I did it quite extensively on several sides (paranoia,I guess)...I can't feel the bevel at all when plastic is flat to playfield.....can feel the line where the 2 meet, but my wood doesn't bevel "down"to any type of noticeable degree.. the line is very crisp, extremely tight....plastic doesn't even fit if I don't put in in square...the tolerance you are describing simply doesn't exist in mine....weird...definitely post when you hear from the factory...

#2009 5 years ago

Definitely experienced a scoring glitch on my Pro.

I was having my best game ever 143+million or so when I activated MM ... I began flailing shots everywhere, slapping the zap button, hitting ramps, Dragula, you name it.

I glance up to see an insane score of 986+million, moments later I drain out, look up and see a score of only 3.5 million.

Over my next couple balls I get to MM level 2, flail away again, and finish up my game.

The pin congratulates me as GC and shows my score ... 1 billion, 145+million. I had turned the game over! It's a pinball miracle!

Actually, it has to be a scoring malfunction.

I'm a pretty crappy pinball player, who sets my pins for 5 balls, and my previous high score on Munsters was only 73 million.

Has anyone else had a strange scoring game on The Munsters? I would love to think I had the game of my life, but I have to be realistic ... or do I?

20190316_211902 (resized).jpg20190316_211902 (resized).jpg
#2010 5 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I was having my best game ever 143+million or so when I activated MM ... I began flailing shots everywhere, slapping the zap button, hitting ramps, Dragula, you name it.
I glance up to see an insane score of 986+million, moments later I drain out, look up and see a score of only 3.5 million.
Over my next couple balls I get to MM level 2, flail away again, and finish up my game.
The pin congratulates me as GC and shows my score ... 1 billion, 145+million. I had turned the game over! It's a pinball miracle!
I'm a pretty crappy pinball player, who sets my pins for 5 balls, and my previous high score on Munsters was only 73 million.
Has anyone else had a strange scoring game on The Munsters? I would love to think I had the game of my life, but I have to be realistic ... or do I? [quoted image]

.96 code? I know the .91 code had a bug..

#2011 5 years ago

Has anyone else had a strange scoring game on The Munsters? I would love to think I had the game of my life, but I have to be realistic ... or do I? [quoted image]

I'd just save that score, somehow...game has been kicking my ass tonight!!! Absolute blast to play...Borg and team definitely have a winner here... I can see why he was excited about it....that mini playfield is for real!!!!

#2012 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My ACDC is perfectly smooth all the way around. Don’t feel any edge of anything from either direction.

Do you have a slight bevel edge?

As you run your finger from wood to plastic is it like glass smooth? Or is smooth but your finger goes up/down the bevel edge?

#2013 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I did it quite extensively on several sides (paranoia,I guess)...I can't feel the bevel at all when plastic is flat to playfield.....can feel the line where the 2 meet, but my wood doesn't bevel "down"to any type of noticeable degree.. the line is very crisp, extremely tight....plastic doesn't even fit if I don't put in in square...the tolerance you are describing simply doesn't exist in mine....weird...definitely post when you hear from the factory...

My plastic fits the playfield hole very tight - which is good. See my question to Chuckwurt - same question for you..thx

#2014 5 years ago

Any premiums pop up?

#2015 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

My plastic fits the playfield hole very tight - which is good. See my question to Chuckwurt - same question for you..thx

My mind tells me there has to be a slight bevel down to minimize pf damage....when I finished my setup last night (I'm playing now), I could slide my figer across the plane, could feel a "line" but not a bevel dip. Actually took a ball and tried to track it slowly around the seam. If I went really slow, it could track for about a couple inches, but then just roll down.

I've only got (2x) other games to compare, CFTBL, and ALIENLE. Creech has a subtle bevel, but still tracks well..Alien is absolutely square (scary), but have it absolutely flat, w no damage after hundreds of plays.

Believe my Munsters is pretty glass-like, and I should be ok...the "line" around the plastic is less than pencil lead width, and ball glides over (I've been watching heavily tonight, but confess, it's Bourbon night...)

#2016 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Do you have a slight bevel edge?
As you run your finger from wood to plastic is it like glass smooth? Or is smooth but your finger goes up/down the bevel edge?

Not beveled. I can feel my finger going from plastic to wood. That’s it. Smooth.

#2017 5 years ago

Minimize playfield damage ? I hope there will be none ! For 9 G,s topper, mods
Make it 10K !

Had my favorites all up last night
Gotta say it is a fun game

#2018 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

.96 code? I know the .91 code had a bug..

Yeah, still .91 code.

Darn, darn, darn!

#2019 5 years ago

My purple flasher is out, anyone know what bulb to replace it with?

#2020 5 years ago

Thats the reason... put on.96.. its much better

#2021 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

My purple flasher is out, anyone know what bulb to replace it with?

Hit up stern or look for a lose or bad connection... they are pcb flashers

#2022 5 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

What are you unzipping with?

#2023 5 years ago

And finishing my evening of Saturday PB....can only say...those that have been bashing this game are simply wrong!!!!...a very, very fun time....great machine....

#2024 5 years ago

Agree 100% couldn’t play yesterday tonight was all Munsters

#2025 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thats the reason... put on.96.. its much better

Loading the updated code tomorrow.

I've got to say this pin is growing on me. I absolutely love the theme, but after having some NIB issues, and then out of commission for a week due to a broken scoop switch, I was ready to sell or trade.

But now, after playing it over and over, I have to say I'm enjoying it more and more.

I understand how some may not like this pin, especially if you have no fondness for this classic TV show, but if you do, there's a lot of campy fun to be had.

I'm pulling my "for sale" ad, and I'm going to hang out with Herman for at least a few more months ... now I'm anxious to play a Premium or an LE, even though the Pro is the only one in my budget.

#2026 5 years ago

So glad to read so many new owners are loving their Munster pins, as my sons and I joined the club with an LE a week ago. Munsters is simply an amazing game to us, based on the game play, design, art, sound, call outs, lights, & relevant show clips. Way back when I heard rumors of this title being considered, I knew they had to have Spot popping up under the stairs, and JB did not disappoint. I installed the code update 0.96.0 on March 11, the day it came out. Three days later, as Player 1's score approached 100M, Grandpa's machine stopped registering hits, despite the text "Shoot the Machine" and the illuminated bolt of lightening in front of the machine. Then when the mini ball landed in the Mystery Saucer, the game did not recognize it. Time ran out on the Grandpa Lab mode, the mini ball remained in the saucer, & a large ball was ejected onto the playfield with the text on screen continuing to say "Shoot the Machine". Play continued without the benefit of the LED display until the ball landed in Dragula, where it remained until about the 6th ball search. This search caused the ball to leave Dragula as a second ball was ejected onto the playfield. When the 1st ball drained, the turn was over, the flippers deactivated, & the 2nd ball drained, apparently counting as the next player's turn, because it skipped Player 2 and Player 3 was now up. I contacted Stern Tech Support who responded quickly, and was told they were sending me a new SD Card. They added that if the card did not resolve the issue, I would need obtain a new CPU from my distributor. I will be glad when that is resolved, along with the ball search after 20% of ball drains. I still feel it is a quality, fun and awesome pin, just experiencing some newborn game growing pains that should be resolved before long. I have no regrets, as I have been hoping someone would build this theme since TAF was released some 26 years ago following the movie release. It's a Great tribute to a Classic TV Show, Ha Ha Ha (in Herman's baritone house shaking laugh).

#2027 5 years ago

Loading the updated code tomorrow.
I've got to say this pin is growing on me. I absolutely love the theme, but after having some NIB issues, and then out of commission for a week due to a broken scoop switch, I was ready to sell or trade.
But now, after playing it over and over, I have to say I'm enjoying it more and more.
I understand how some may not like this pin, especially if you have no fondness for this classic TV show, but if you do, there's a lot of campy fun to be had.
I'm pulling my "for sale" ad, and I'm going to hang out with Herman for at least a few more months ... now I'm anxious to play a Premium or an LE, even though the Pro is the only one in my budget.

My scoop switch went out as well that sucked but stern had one at my door a day after I told them about it

Keep the faith! Good to hear I like the thing more and more

#2028 5 years ago

Game is so fun!!!

2C6729B2-8AA6-43BF-BF61-F3E3C4CCC7B2 (resized).jpeg2C6729B2-8AA6-43BF-BF61-F3E3C4CCC7B2 (resized).jpeg93A0C139-FA62-4746-8A5A-C1C139A7F9E0 (resized).jpeg93A0C139-FA62-4746-8A5A-C1C139A7F9E0 (resized).jpeg
#2029 5 years ago

FoR those that like Cliffys....he has them now!

[email protected]

06385FDA-1209-456F-92B8-D0CE84D9DDBC (resized).jpeg06385FDA-1209-456F-92B8-D0CE84D9DDBC (resized).jpeg2073CB4E-0EC0-4C7C-A074-17F40726AB36 (resized).jpeg2073CB4E-0EC0-4C7C-A074-17F40726AB36 (resized).jpeg3F7380F5-08F1-4413-B081-D0F8C0A9370B (resized).jpeg3F7380F5-08F1-4413-B081-D0F8C0A9370B (resized).jpegB464FDD8-A511-49E6-BE9F-AB2CF6EF2C04 (resized).jpegB464FDD8-A511-49E6-BE9F-AB2CF6EF2C04 (resized).jpeg

#2030 5 years ago

The Game Feature Matrix lists:
1. Separate Base and Treble adjustment
2. Fade Control for front and bottom speakers
3. Line out connector for external audio amplification.

Then the manual lists adjustment #63 an external volume knob function and #64 Mute cabinet when headphones detected

Anyone know where all these adjustments, knobs and connectors are? Can headphones can be plugged in somewhere? Thanks for your help.

#2031 5 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

The Game Feature Matrix lists:
1. Separate Base and Treble adjustment
2. Fade Control for front and bottom speakers
3. Line out connector for external audio amplification.
Then the manual lists adjustment #63 an external volume knob function and #64 Mute cabinet when headphones detected
Anyone know where all these adjustments, knobs and connectors are? Can headphones can be plugged in somewhere? Thanks for your help.

You need the Stern headphone kit that mounts in the door to plug in the headphones. $99.

https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/stern-headphone-jack-kit-for-spike

#2032 5 years ago

I am thinking somewhere there is a Munsters owner that really needs/wants this.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/399927283904355/

IMG_0544 (resized).PNGIMG_0544 (resized).PNG
#2033 5 years ago

I could see myself driving that !

Goody Goody Goody LOL

#2034 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

FoR those that like Cliffys....he has them now![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you purchase the Cliffys? Directly from him or somewhere else? Thanks!

#2035 5 years ago
Quoted from thebosson:

Where did you purchase the Cliffys? Directly from him or somewhere else? Thanks!

Yes from Cliff

[email protected]

Www.Passionforpinball.com

#2036 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I could see myself driving that !
Goody Goody Goody LOL

Trade a couple of pinballs for it!

#2037 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

[email protected]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the detailed share on that. Need to give the master of holes a call! Excited Munsters arrives Monday at least thats what the truck lady seems to think... Shout out Thank You to Zach at FlippenOutPinball for being patient with all my flipping around on this title. You forum folk have a way of convincing me I don't like what I like. lol Bring on the Munsters!!!

#2038 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks for the detailed share on that. Need to give the master of holes a call! Excited Munsters arrives Monday at least thats what the truck lady seems to think... Shout out Thank You to Zach at FlippenOutPinball for being patient with all my flipping around on this title. You forum folk have a way of convincing me I don't like what I like. lol Bring on the Munsters!!!

The game is really good... its not super special or super unique but a fast /flowing smooth shooting pin. Also i like the code and its a good change up from other stern pins and keeps getting better. I think many just had their expectations set way to high like every release and most will come around over the next 6 months. I like it much better than the iron maiden i had and the way mine is set up i believe its my shortest ball time pin which i love.

#2039 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

[email protected]

Thanks for all the help with specs and tests, my friend!

Munsters-set (resized).JPGMunsters-set (resized).JPG
#2040 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Pro, LE?

#2042 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The game is really good... its not super special or super unique but a fast /flowing smooth shooting pin. Also i like the code and its a good change up from other stern pins and keeps getting better. I think many just had their expectations set way to high like every release and most will come around over the next 6 months. I like it much better than the iron maiden i had and the way mine is set up i believe its my shortest ball time pin which i love.

Did you go back to a LE?

#2043 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did you go back to a LE?

#2044 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Did you go back to a LE?

I have a pro.. hard to beat the price of one shipped to your door.

#2045 5 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Thanks for all the help with specs and tests, my friend! [quoted image]

Are you going to offer one to protect the Grandpa hole, replacing the crappier Stern one?

#2046 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And finishing my evening of Saturday PB....can only say...those that have been bashing this game are simply wrong!!!!...a very, very fun time....great machine....

Agree totally! We had about 40 teenagers in the basement yesterday.. They really loved this game (and the others) got lots of awesome comments as they left! Pretty much heard it played non-stop..

#2047 5 years ago

Ok hate to share this as I am Normally a very easy buyer. Pay, and recieve easy. Not this time which is why I can't thank Zach enough for putting up with me. Ordered and paid for an LE in October last year just based on a rumor and a Long love of this theme like BM66. Week of I played an LE and had buyers remorse and asked him to pull the shipment and send a Pro as it was a Great value and I Loved the art on the total game and cabinet and played amazing. That later turned to a "Zach can I get a Premium?" lol As usual he said I want you happy just tell what you want, a Pro is arriving Monday. He must think I am crazy but in this case (my opinion) I think Stern made the Pro the winner in play and value. My view again!! All models look amazing and even with the negative back seat drivers this game brings I am confident this game will continue to improve. I have that on good authority as John Borg lives 5 doors down from me so I am going with His opinion!

#2048 5 years ago

I can say w 100% confidence that the mini play field is absolutely one of the most unique features on any game I've played to date.

That "toy" alone blows away alot of other gimmicky things I've seen and played, across the manufacturer platform. It's no joke, and if anything, will only get better.

Upper, lower pf's have always been an "add", with some titles doing better than others. Those that don't truly give it a chance, or overlook the further opportunity w code are making a big mistake (imho).

If you are wanting something definitely different, with some great art and flow, it delivers...

#2049 5 years ago

Got my Munsters le to update the new code after 5 tries. All good. I think the game is very good. Not great. I have to say .... it’s better than monster bash remake but I don’t think it’s better than ghostbusters. It’s pretty and plays nice but the rules seem a bit all over the place

#2050 5 years ago

Has anyone had the upper GI go out during a game yet? Noticed it last game I played. Comes back on after a reboot but wondered if this was a big or a known thing. This is an LE updated to 9.6

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/41?hl=bsbdmd83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.