pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 237.
#1951 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You know I am Doug, and can't wait to see this one!!! Big problem is it's not going to fit under the stairs....time to call my carpenter!!!!

Lol! Man you gotta figure it out.

Awesome game and you have killed it

#1952 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That's a beautiful /gorgeous pin...

Thanks @bigd!!..came together nice.....had a bit more time under the hood...this is a quality build, and they paid attention to little things....Stern gets major props from me on this one...

#1953 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And last few
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

MK that looks cool. How hard is it to get that lower PF cover off and back on without stripping the screws or wood? Like your changes.

Boy I’ll tell ya Herman can throw the ball back at you faster than the Star Wars hyperloop if the magnet gets it the right way. No saving that sdtm rocket shot lol. Enjoy my pin more and more each play. Getting what they were going for now. Perfect mix in my choice of 4 pins. Glad I picked this one. Hope so. I just bought every mod they make for it and pinstadium Fusion and baby pins.

#1954 5 years ago

If the pics of that topper are real its a must have.

#1955 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

MK that looks cool. How hard is it to get that lower PF cover off and back on without stripping the screws or wood? Like your changes.

Pretty straight ahead...Torx T10..threaded screws, not wood screws, so a legit attachment method ...the key things:

a) Loosen them all equally, and be certain not to lose the rubber retaining ring under each one (used for final level).
b) Be super careful when you clean it...try to blow any dust or dirt off before putting a cloth on it. A big piece of clear plastic, so ball marks will show (that's why I was happy to finally get the titans on), and so will swirl marks when you clean both sides. I put 2 very minor ones in mine when I cleaned it. Hard to see, but learned my lesson....
c) When putting back in, tighten all screws snug, then insure all edges are flush , with a slight turn, compressing the washers. I simply laid a straight edge on it to confirm everything was good.
d) The biggest time suck is cleaning the window proper

whole process - <20 minutes (mostly cleaning, as I didn't want to take it back off if smudged..ocd here).

#1956 5 years ago

Not really blown away by any of the voice impersonations, but that aside, I'm enjoying the game so far even tho there seems to be a large number of haters building up. It was the same for Batman. In the beginning you couldn't give one away, but now things have changed for the better and it's a pretty fun game despite the basic layout. (I know, Lyman makes a big difference, but we'll see) My fingers are crossed, cause it's a great theme and a beautiful thing to look at.
I don't remember Dr. Dudley. Was he (Paul Lynde or Dom DeLuise) featured so often in the show?

#1957 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thanks bigd!!..came together nice.....had a bit more time under the hood...this is a quality build, and they paid attention to little things....Stern gets major props from me on this one...

It does seem.to be built really well compared to other spike pins I've owned /seen...

#1958 5 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Curious, is the somewhat flamboyant voice heard throughout the game supposed to be a Grandpa voice impersonation? If so, OMG, I'm gonna watch every episode of the Munsters and use the Pinball Browser to overwrite whatever makes sense. Enjoying the game so far, even tho there seems to be a large number of haters building up. It was the same for Batman. In the beginning you couldn't give one away, but now things have changed for the better and it's a pretty fun game despite the basic layout. (I know, Lyman makes a big difference, but we'll see) My fingers are crossed, cause it's a great theme and beautiful thing to look at.

It's not supposed to be Grandpa it's supposed to be Dr. Dudley

#1959 5 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Curious, is the somewhat flamboyant voice heard throughout the game supposed to be a Grandpa voice impersonation? If so, OMG, I'm gonna watch every episode of the Munsters and use the Pinball Browser to overwrite whatever makes sense. Enjoying the game so far, even tho there seems to be a large number of haters building up. It was the same for Batman. In the beginning you couldn't give one away, but now things have changed for the better and it's a pretty fun game despite the basic layout. (I know, Lyman makes a big difference, but we'll see) My fingers are crossed, cause it's a great theme and beautiful thing to look at.

I love the callouts / impersonator

#1960 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

It's not supposed to be Grandpa it's supposed to be Dr. Dudley

Thanks for clearing that up.

#1961 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Ahhhh I see now, thank you for circling that, I couldn’t tell with the pic that was posted before. I’ll give it a shot!

Was the jumper the solution?

#1962 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It does seem.to be built really well compared to other spike pins I've owned /seen...

That's a theory I have as to why the shaker feels very strong on this game ( don't know if I'm right or not). I just know hard solid surfaces transmit vibrations much better than "softer" ones. The plywood bottom, side metal bracing , and all the glued joints /braces just seem very, very tight and strong.

Maybe they took a different cabinet build approach. Can certainly say w confidence the bottom is not dropping out of this one....ever.

#1963 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Pretty straight ahead...Torx T10..threaded screws, not wood screws, so a legit attachment method ...the key things:
a) Loosen them all equally, and be certain not to lose the rubber retaining ring under each one (used for final level).
b) Be super careful when you clean it...try to blow any dust or dirt off before putting a cloth on it. A big piece of clear plastic, so ball marks will show (that's why I was happy to finally get the titans on), and so will swirl marks when you clean both sides. I put 2 very minor ones in mine when I cleaned it. Hard to see, but learned my lesson....
c) When putting back in, tighten all screws snug, then insure all edges are flush , with a slight turn, compressing the washers. I simply laid a straight edge on it to confirm everything was good.
d) The biggest time suck is cleaning the window proper
whole process - &lt;20 minutes (mostly cleaning, as I didn't want to take it back off if smudged..ocd here).

Thank you great instructions for this newb much appreciated! Just don’t want to wreck it. Was worried about scratching when cleaning as well. Can already see ball scratch marks on mine.

#1964 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I am also very happy with build quality and QC so far. Not one issue out of the box. Well okay one, when my dealer and I set it up, it wouldn’t stop the initial search for the balls. We finally figured out the sensor plug came loose in shipping, snugged it back down and zero issues so far. Unless you want to count dust on the lower PF which it seems we all have.

#1965 5 years ago

Hi guys was wondering if anyone has heard if they are producing the premium s yet? Thanks can’t wait to play

#1966 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

Hi guys was wondering if anyone has heard if they are producing the premium s yet? Thanks can’t wait to play

They sld Start shipping tomorrow...

#1967 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just watched the topper teaser video.
Looks sick!
Stern is upping their game on toppers!

Where’s the teaser video ?

#1968 5 years ago

So I just got to MM on the new code for the first time so I got to play multiball both levels
That shit is super fun... WOW
So I know there are more levels to it,but some would say I seen “it all”.
Guess what...zero disappointment .None.
Played for MM 2,failed,and wanted to go for another ride

What a game

#1969 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

So I just got to MM on the new code for the first time so I got to play multiball both levels
That shit is super fun... WOW
So I know there are more levels to it,but some would say I seen “it all”.
Guess what...zero disappointment .None.
Played for MM 2,failed,and wanted to go for another ride
What a game

The real mm is after level 2

#1970 5 years ago

Has anyone removed the star screws to open the mini-playfield yet? Is it okay and easy to do that and put it back on?

#1971 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Has anyone removed the star screws to open the mini-playfield yet? Is it okay and easy to do that and put it back on?

Read post # 1955

#1972 5 years ago

Thanks no issues. I ordered the Munsters titan kit but this is what they sent. Anyone have the link to the correct ones for the mini playfield bats? Top is the existing one, bottom ones are too thick.

test (resized).jpgtest (resized).jpg

#1973 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I've done it a few times.. Loosen them somewhat evenly until you can pull up the glass. There are rubber orings under the glass on the screws, so just check you did not loose any when you lift it up. Then when putting it back on, tighten them just a bit (or as needed) to get the glass as flush to the play field as you can.. Overall it is fairly easy to do..

#1974 5 years ago

Ahhhh I see now, thank you for circling that, I couldn’t tell with the pic that was posted before. I’ll give it a shot!

My BM66 arrived with the same issue, missing jumper. It has either fallen off in transit so might be worth checking inside your cabinet (very unlikely), or it never had one. How do Stern QC miss this type of thing?

#1975 5 years ago

I clocked the MM ball save at 36 seconds. Seems a bit long? Each level is 10 seconds to achieve, so you basically get free play for the first three levels of the mode. Not sure I like this, as Hand of the King gives only 20 seconds of free time. Munsters is near double grace period!

#1976 5 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I clocked the MM ball save at 36 seconds. Seems a bit long? Each level is 10 seconds to achieve, so you basically get free play for the first three levels of the mode. Not sure I like this, as Hand of the King gives only 20 seconds of free time. Munsters is near double grace period!

MM II you mean? MM I only has two levels. And the timers are way longer than the ball save for the characters in level one.

I’m sure MM II will be fleshed out with code updates. I think MM I is great right now.

#1977 5 years ago

Does anyone know if a Munsters Pro is on location and set to 5-ball play; can I hold down the start button to revert to 3-ball play ('advanced play') like in GOT? Or is it holding a left flipper or something? thanks for any help!

#1978 5 years ago
Quoted from baba_hafez:

Does anyone know if a Munsters Pro is on location and set to 5-ball play; can I hold down the start button to revert to 3-ball play ('advanced play') like in GOT? Or is it holding a left flipper or something? thanks for any help!

No you can’t do that unfortunately.

#1979 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Thanks no issues. I ordered the Munsters titan kit but this is what they sent. Anyone have the link to the correct ones for the mini playfield bats? Top is the existing one, bottom ones are too thick.
[quoted image]

Not sure they sell mini bat rubber....could be wrong...

#1980 5 years ago

Is there any incentive to NOT timeout modes? I believe that completing modes scores more points for super and progresses Kitty; but it would be nice to see another layer. Perhaps shorten ball saver time tremendously for Munster madness, and then have each character completion leading up to MM could add 5-8 secs of ball save for each character completed?

#1981 5 years ago

Anything seem missing? Can’t figure out why the LEDs won’t work.
[quoted image]

LEDs being out could be a few different things: The LED driver circuit is bad, an LED is open (if they're wired in series), a voltage is missing, or a jumper missing from a 3 pin header.
Would be nice to get the schematics...hopefully soon.

#1982 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is there any incentive to NOT timeout modes? I believe that completing modes scores more points for super and progresses Kitty; but it would be nice to see another layer. Perhaps shorten ball saver time tremendously for Munster madness, and then have each character completion leading up to MM could add 5-8 secs of ball save for each character completed?

Timing out modes will almost guarantee you’ll never get any good SJP collects or have good pf multipliers at any point. I’ve played this way for about 10 games and yeah I got to both MMs but my scores were terrible (and it was really not fun). Playing the modes and really concentrating on stacking SJPs and kitty, I’ve gotten close to 300mm after the first MM on the new code. I didn’t collect any grandpa hurry ups either.

But yeah. More layer are always good.

#1983 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve gotten close to 300mm after the first MM on the new code.

God I suck at this game

#1984 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

God I suck at this game

It’s the only good game I’ve had in like 50 if that helps. Haha

#1985 5 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

LEDs being out could be a few different things: The LED driver circuit is bad, an LED is open (if they're wired in series), a voltage is missing, or a jumper missing from a 3 pin header.
Would be nice to get the schematics...hopefully soon.

These schematics ?

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/520-7014-00A-SPIKE2-MPU-Module-brd.pdf

To someone highly technical they could be helpful, but at least for Munsters. Seems that jumper on the 3 pin header has been missing for a few people across threads now. Either somehow Stern missed placing it there, or they have been falling off in transit..

#1986 5 years ago

Finally got to MM on the new code. It was indeed exhilarating madness trying to track the mini and regular play field at the same time. When I tried to play the mini play field same time as the regular, I think the game detected I was doing that, and drained a dozen or so main balls at the same time, even though only 4 were in play.. I think perhaps next time I'll try to ignore the mini play field or just random hit the flippers down there..

#1987 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

These schematics ?
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/520-7014-00A-SPIKE2-MPU-Module-brd.pdf
To someone highly technical they could be helpful, but at least for Munsters. Seems that jumper on the 3 pin header has been missing for a few people across threads now. Either somehow Stern missed placing it there, or they have been falling off in transit..

My guess is they take it off to test / troubleshoot - so they are not blinded by the light and then forget to put back on.

#1988 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I ordered the Munsters titan kit but this is what they sent. Anyone have the link to the correct ones for the mini playfield bats? Top is the existing one, bottom ones are too thick.

According to Stern, the mini playfield flipper rubber is the same part number 545-6187-00 as Shrek and Family Guy mini playfield flipper rubber. Can anyone confirm this? If this is the case, it would finally be time to tool up and have these made. We won't be able to carry all colors, but we can start with 3 or 4 choices like maybe black, glow, purple, red? Or maybe Green or dark blue instead of red? I must keep FG and Shrek in mind too...

#1989 5 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

According to Stern, the mini playfield flipper rubber is the same part number 545-6187-00 as Shrek and Family Guy mini playfield flipper rubber. Can anyone confirm this? If this is the case, it would finally be time to tool up and have these made. We won't be able to carry all colors, but we can start with 3 or 4 choices like maybe black, glow, purple, red? Or maybe Green or dark blue instead of red? I must keep FG and Shrek in mind too...

I can't confirm, but would definitely be in for purple on Munsters, and blue on FGY...I'd be willing to stick on an order next week w some others I missed, if you have these to try...Pm if needed...Thx...mark

#1990 5 years ago

Plastic Leveling.

Ok - which of these photos is correct?
I will ask Stern as well.

Call the first picture (A) - plastic meeting the beveled wood edge. (B) raised plastic to meet wood 1/4” into playfield.

Thx
3388F493-9342-4581-931F-2E95C92A35AD (resized).jpeg3388F493-9342-4581-931F-2E95C92A35AD (resized).jpeg631F818E-3D36-49C3-A655-1B645B80B954 (resized).jpeg631F818E-3D36-49C3-A655-1B645B80B954 (resized).jpeg

#1991 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Plastic Leveling.
Call the first picture (A) - plastic meeting the beveled wood edge. (B) raised plastic to meet wood 1/4” into playfield.
Thx
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hard to tell from the pictures what kind of gap there is between the mini pf cover and the playfield routed edge, but if you lay a level across it, the mini playfield cover should be the same height as the playfield.

#1992 5 years ago

I just joined the club with a pro! I’ve played Munsters on location and really enjoyed it, but right now I’ve got that excited-nervous energy flowing through me before I unbox that dude!

#1993 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Plastic Leveling.
Thx
[quoted image][quoted image]

I say even with the playfield.

#1994 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I say even with the playfield.

I'd say Even Steven too.

#1995 5 years ago

I am assuming everyone is saying option (B).

Both are level with the playfield - the difference is should you be level with the playfield like a 1/4 plus inch away from the wood beveled edge. You definitely can feel the plastic edge when running your finger over it doing it this way.

#1996 5 years ago

Anything seem missing? Can’t figure out why the LEDs won’t work.
[quoted image]

Sorry if this has been answered but yes, CN15 is missing the jumper wire. Without it the leds do not work.

edit: I see it has been answered already

#1997 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Both are level with the playfield - the difference is should you be level with the playfield like a 1/4 plus inch away from the wood beveled edge. You definitely can feel the plastic edge when running your finger over it doing it this way.

I'm concerned that your wood has a serious bevel, or something is off w the plastic (I know you inquired before). I've taken mine off (2x) now, and the wood edge is actually pretty sharp, and now where near 1/4" gap between it and the plastic..a very snug fit.

Can you take a pic w the glass off (think you did prior but I can't see it clearly) showing the gap? worrisome....

#1998 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

To be honest I could never figure it all out exactly so I just bought a Pro.

( I didn't want to have to think about it, figure I do enough thinking at work )

#1999 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm concerned that your wood has a serious bevel, or something is off w the plastic (I know you inquired before). I've taken mine off (2x) now, and the wood edge is actually pretty sharp, and now where near 1/4" gap between it and the plastic..a very snug fit.
Can you take a pic w the glass off (think you did prior but I can't see it clearly) showing the gap? worrisome....

Nothing unique - my AC/DC VE Premium is same beveled edge.

Stern does not make that edge the same height as rest of playfield - they bevel it down for a reason - so no one chips the wood edge.

Got an email into Stern asking them there opinion.

Question- if you run your finger across the plastic / wood edge is it smooth AND can you feel height difference at the bevel. If this is what you have - you did Option A above.

#2000 5 years ago

Why am I having trouble getting my Munsters le to update the new code... can someone help. Is it the tumb drive?? Format 32. Cleared thumb drive. Downloaded the spk 0.96 update. Transferred to thumb drive...game doesn’t recognize it. Do thumb drives go bad..? Beatles did this too. But Beatles eventually took

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/40?hl=thecashier76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.