IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 237.
#1801 5 years ago

Just a quick comment....I have a Munster LE and a Mbr Le...Even though I think the Mbr is drop dead gorgeous, I see myself wanting to play more of the Munsters. I'm glad I have both and honestly don't think either are going anywhere. Maybe it's my fascination with all things Munsters. ( been collection them for many years)
I'm really glad I stuck it out with the Munsters. with all that neg in past posts. I think it has (for me) been so much better then I thought it would be.. Both games have been solid (lucky I guess).
I do Have to say, that Mbr feels like it is built like a tank, such a solid feeling machine and you can feel the better sound quality. Both are great additions for my game room. Winner Winner chicken dinner!

#1802 5 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Curious about any exploits when both upper/lower playfields are going. If ball save=35 seconds with jackpots available risk free down below, why not just shoot lower pf exclusively and ignore everything else going on?
Second time around, how about trap up on the top pf and use bottom buttons to shoot jackpots below? I assume stern has planned for this scenario, but wanted to mention it feels like there could be a loophole somewhere due to the 4 button layout. Hmm

My go to right now until I get better is to ignore the lower playfield and just flip the lower flippers as I hit the uppers. Just hope for the best down there and take care of business up top.

But a good idea is to trap up up top or down below and then concentrate on shooting the other playfield.

#1803 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My go to right now until I get better is to ignore the lower playfield and just flip the lower flippers as I hit the uppers. Just hope for the best down there and take care of business up top.
But a good idea is to trap up up top or down below and then concentrate on shooting the other playfield.

Come on Chuck, the better solution is to play with Zach or a friend and Team play both sets of flippers! It's all in the hips! lol

happy-gilmore-all-in-the-hips (resized).jpghappy-gilmore-all-in-the-hips (resized).jpg
#1804 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Come on Chuck, the better solution is to play with Zach or a friend and Team play both sets of flippers! It's all in the hips! lol
[quoted image]

Just easin’ The tension baby! Just easin’ the tension.

#1805 5 years ago

Munster LE. Anyone else having issues with flying balls. I Love the game, but the design flaws with flying balls is draining too many balls.
Fun game, great game, worst game
Use left flippers and hit left post/light by Marilyn ramp. (off into the air)
Herman magnet strength (balls sticking to balls). Thats what he said.
Tried adjusting flippers, then it takes away from the game.
Flying balls broke Mezel Mods staircase mod.
Ball stuck in Hermans Arm
And more ......

IMG_7438 (resized).JPGIMG_7438 (resized).JPGIMG_7465 (resized).JPGIMG_7465 (resized).JPGIMG_7466 (resized).JPGIMG_7466 (resized).JPGIMG_7467 (resized).JPGIMG_7467 (resized).JPGIMG_7471 (resized).JPGIMG_7471 (resized).JPG
#1806 5 years ago

Stand up targets+new flippers+fast game will get airballs. Until stern puts adjustments for invidually controlled coil powers for flippers, you’ll just have to wait until the game breaks in and slows down a bit.

#1807 5 years ago
Quoted from west57:

Munster LE. Anyone else having issues with flying balls. I Love the game, but the design flaws with flying balls is draining too many balls.
And more ......[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Make your pitch a little steeper, try 7-7.5

#1808 5 years ago

7.2 angle here and no issues with flying balls... also set flippers to soft... like the way it plays much better

#1809 5 years ago
Quoted from west57:

And more ......[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Agree with others. Rough call to jump to "design flaws" as the cause when few have the same issues. If it was a design issue Every game would be like yours. Often times you have to ask yourself "what makes my game different than others"? With that said, at what pitch is your game, what balls are you using stock or fancy shiny magnetic replacements, depending on your game pitch what is your flipper power set to, and many other site variables. May be more a Setup issue than a design flaw.

#1810 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I’ve finally today spent some significant time playing this game because it’s my birthday
(Dinner my choice movie my choice-I picked Munsters ha ha)
Put the new code in better overall as has been stated
Did they take out the “Darn Darn Darn”
I liked that
So I am actually trying to play the game and pay attention
This thing is sweet
If you play 5 games you end up playing 15 man this is a great theme
Is it me or is it harder to turn the big man blue in Herman Multiball?
Seems like it was one hit before now it’s taking a few I like that as well
I still don’t know how to collect the zaps
Cutting way down on quick drains by plunging myself
I know it’s been said a bunch but again the lower playfield set on soft really makes it like a mini pinball machine I find myself holding and aiming I really like it feels good to me
I don’t know I am just really liking this game theme is just so damn good
No ball save is the way to go now if I could just control the ball better I would get the fireworks going
Also,wanted to add,I’ve had a few issues with my game and everyone at stern has helped right away
Man this theme is so damn good
Have a great night everyone!

Is the “Darn Darn Darn” still in the new code?

#1811 5 years ago

I've read that some have changed their flipper settings on both upper and lower playfields to Soft.

I just changed the flipper power settings on my Pro to Normal ... I didn't realize the Factory setting was Hard.

Hopefully, that tones down some of the wild ball action. I'm draining balls left, right, and SDTM.

#1812 5 years ago

I am still having the occasional double ball feed. you can hear it try and feed a ball...then repeats and loads 2... not a huge deal... just an extra "multiball"....LOL. Only lose one SDTM....

#1813 5 years ago
Quoted from west57:

Steeper pitch, proper level (right to left), "normal" flipper power", avoiding 3d printed mods until you see how the game plays (these are all vulnerable to explosion...some games do fine w them, some don't). This is a beautiful game with heavy activity. "calm,relaxed, laid back, etc." would definitely not be terms to associate with this machine. Regardless how the code progresses, "aggressive, demanding, punishing" comes to mind when I fire this thing up....very addictive as a nice change from some of my others. Doesn't make it better or worse, but definitely has it's own vibe.

I'd get your setup solid, then proceed w caution to adding anything on this one for a bit.....

#1814 5 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I've read that some have changed their flipper settings on both upper and lower playfields to Soft.
I just changed the flipper power settings on my Pro to Normal ... I didn't realize the Factory setting was Hard.
Hopefully, that tones down some of the wild ball action. I'm draining balls left, right, and SDTM.

It does, however outlanes do seem to have magnets in them at times....

#1815 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am still having the occasional double ball feed. you can hear it try and feed a ball...then repeats and loads 2... not a huge deal... just an extra "multiball"....LOL. Only lose one SDTM....

Are you using the factory provided balls, or aftermarket? Herman holds the ball quite awhile...could be magnetizing a ball or 2 a bit (can happen quick sometimes). Common practice (for me) has been to throw the factory balls out, replace w Carbon Baron's (now that PBL doesn't have the shineys anymore...)

#1816 5 years ago

I have set my playfield flippers to "normal" and lower ones to "soft". Did not notice much of a difference on the upper field, but the lower play field is far less wild now.. Also pitched it somewhere around 7.2.. Also the glass over the mini play field was not close to matching the height of wood, and have tweaked it a couple times.. It is diverting the ball far less now than it had been, it may of been a source of air balls itself as it was like a little ramp around the entire perimeter.. Otherwise this game is really awesome to play, and I am starting to learn the rules.. Number one being to try and control every shot, seems like the game is nearly perfectly designed in a way that any slightly missed shot sends the ball right to the left or right drain.. Looking forward to after work to get another hour or more on it..

#1817 5 years ago

Finaly was able to get some time on a LE at my local barcade running .91 code.

Shots felt great, no airballs or issues. The lower playfield was dusty tho. I thought the lower playfield was fun, enough chaos to keep it challenging.

I only wish there will be a way to make flipping the lower flippers a little more noticable, maybe a sound and/or quick shaker motor feedback to make it seem more tactile when flipping down there.

I see some options via future code updates to make things a little variable via mini modes/wizard modes. (Fingers Crossed)

I also noitced the lower playfield being a little dark, maybe it was the room lighting or dust. Those baby pinstadiums looked great on the SDTM stream I watched, might be on the top of list of mods when I get my prem.

#1818 5 years ago

The new code (.96) is essentially a mini wizard mode and then the full madness mode after level 2 is complete.

#1819 5 years ago

I’m hoping for a third MM that’s even crazier. That would be awesome and something different. Yeah you have to go through the game three times to get to the final wizard mode, but the path gets harder and changes along the way.

#1820 5 years ago

I’ve finally today spent some significant time playing this game because it’s my birthday
(Dinner my choice movie my choice-I picked Munsters ha ha)
Put the new code in better overall as has been stated
Did they take out the “Darn Darn Darn”
I liked that
So I am actually trying to play the game and pay attention
This thing is sweet
If you play 5 games you end up playing 15 man this is a great theme
Is it me or is it harder to turn the big man blue in Herman Multiball?
Seems like it was one hit before now it’s taking a few I like that as well
I still don’t know how to collect the zaps
Cutting way down on quick drains by plunging myself
I know it’s been said a bunch but again the lower playfield set on soft really makes it like a mini pinball machine I find myself holding and aiming I really like it feels good to me
I don’t know I am just really liking this game theme is just so damn good
No ball save is the way to go now if I could just control the ball better I would get the fireworks going
Also,wanted to add,I’ve had a few issues with my game and everyone at stern has helped right away
Man this theme is so damn good
Have a great night everyone!

Happy birthday Spaceman! The darn darn darn is still there if you miss the Herman Hurry up entirely. I’ve noticed that Munster Madness now only shows one newspaper headline not the 5-6 it did before. I wish they would put those back. After playing a bunch more games I changed the mini flippers to normal the middle setting. I have the mains on hard as default. You hit the zap button whenever it flashes and it adds to the zap jackpot. You collect the zap jackpot just by playing and hitting it. It tells you when you get one. The shaker is way too intense on super jackpots so I had to set it all the way to minimal just to handle the super jackpots. But the effects on all other settings are too minimal on that setting. Going to ask stern to dial back the super jackpot shaker programming. I’m loving the game too.

#1821 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m hoping for a third MM that’s even crazier. That would be awesome and something different. Yeah you have to go through the game three times to get to the final wizard mode, but the path gets harder and changes along the way.

This or a special madness for completing the modes

#1822 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stand up targets+new flippers+fast game will get airballs. Until stern puts adjustments for invidually controlled coil powers for flippers, you’ll just have to wait until the game breaks in and slows down a bit.

Agree you can’t stop all air balls with these designs. I get them on both my Deadpool and Munsters. Not too many on Munsters though.

#1823 5 years ago

If some are getting excessive air balls you can try wrapping your balls with some AABCT !(aka: anti air ball canceling tape)

#1824 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Going to ask stern to dial back the super jackpot shaker programming.

I did ask them about making the shaker adjustable...they said that they had enough complaints to forward it up to look into making the shaker adjustable. (like low med max).
I turned mine off till / if that comes around. If anybody also feels that way I would suggest calling, maybe it will be in the next update that way.

#1825 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I did ask them about making the shaker adjustable...they said that they had enough complaints to forward it up to look into making the shaker adjustable. (like low med max).
I turned mine off till / if that comes around. If anybody also feels that way I would suggest calling, maybe it will be in the next update that way.

Isn't there an adjustment already in there (though I saw one in the menu, mine was set to max and I left it)? I'll look tonight....

The effect definitely can be subtle, then cabinet rattling depending on what has been triggered. I'm still trying to keep all my senses engaged when I hit Spot..whew, powerful!!!

#1826 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Isn't there an adjustment already in there (though I saw one in the menu, mine was set to max and I left it)? I'll look tonight....
The effect definitely can be subtle, then cabinet rattling depending on what has been triggered. I'm still trying to keep all my senses engaged when I hit Spot..whew, powerful!!!

That is for how often it comes on..or how long is my understanding?
I asked "specifically" if there was a way to tone down the power (mine as others have mentioned) shakes so hard it can't be good..like I think I would see loose screws and nuts eventually. He said there is currently no way to do that...but, said he has enough complaints to address it up.

shaker options are:
Minimum use
moderate use
long use
maximum use
none
Mine shakes hard even for that minimum short use..just not as noticeable cause it doesn't last that long.but bad enough for me.
I'm thinking ..The setting "long use" should be a clue here on how it works.

#1827 5 years ago

Played a couple hours last night never heard the big man “darn darn darn”
I guess it’s still there maybe tonight I will hear it
Plus the bird talking trash is a major troll gets under my skin but i love it I hope he is still talking trash didn’t seem that way last night

Quoted from guss:

Is the “Darn Darn Darn” still in the new code?

#1828 5 years ago

It’s still there. On Jack’s stream yesterday, it can be heard post code update.

#1829 5 years ago

My LE seems to be missing backbox lighting

F4416CAA-2703-4F46-AB7A-B66D6AD64D9F (resized).jpegF4416CAA-2703-4F46-AB7A-B66D6AD64D9F (resized).jpeg
#1830 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

That is for how often it comes on..or how long is my understanding?
I asked "specifically" if there was a way to tone down the power (mine as others have mentioned) shakes so hard it can't be good..like I think I would see loose screws and nuts eventually. He said there is currently no way to do that...but, said he has enough complaints to address it up.
shaker options are:
Minimum use
moderate use
long use
maximum use
none
Mine shakes hard even for that minimum short use..just not as noticeable cause it doesn't last that long.but bad enough for me.
I'm thinking ..The setting "long use" should be a clue here on how it works.

Ahh...I don't mind (kinda like) the shake...kinda fits into the effect of certain shots.....electrocution......

#1831 5 years ago

The rotation of one of the shaker motor posts 90 degrees seems to really help. New code would also be excellent. I always thought JJP's shaker motors were much smoother and not glass rattling. At least we can adjust this one by rotating. The MMr cannot be adjusted as there are not additional screw holes (without modification)

#1832 5 years ago

I meant to say shaker motor weights not posts

#1833 5 years ago

Got about 5 games on in - love it! Game is different in cool ways!!
1. Love the ramps - left how it goes from solid to disappear behind backboard to a wire with cool trajectory. Right how it is 180 - similar to the TFTC shot but easier to hit.
2. Like the color changing GIs
3. Like how you have to try to hit the light on the inlanes instead of trying to light the light - counter intuitive from what I am used to.
4. I really like the lower PF - still need to get used to it. So far favorite part is mystery and how some options are for upper PF - then when mini is over - bam - you are in the mystery mode!
5. Love the kitty shot effects! Kinda like Big Bang effect in DI.
6. Love seeing the show integrated so well into the game - forgot how much I loved this show as a kid!

Some comments/questions.
1. Fan is loud and goes off when game is just sitting - I guess this is normal? Not used to hearing the fan - I guess why that option of a quieter fan is out there.
2. Shaker also seems too violent to me. Love me my shakers but not when I think they are going to come apart or break my glass -lol.
3. When game is just sitting I heard some loud random bangs - like maybe flippers or something. Is this part of attract mode illustration or something I need to watch closer for?
4. On mini PF I hit the ramp to add time when lit but time did not add. I did have the flippers to normal and just turned to soft so will see if that makes a difference. Anyone else have this?
5. I love the match animation - however seems to go on very long with many channel changes - could be shorted up a tad.

Super happy with this game off the get!

#1834 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

My LE seems to be missing backbox lighting
[quoted image]

Hope it’s a loose connection and not a bad CPU board.

(Never understood how putting the LED strip on the CPU board was a good idea...)

#1835 5 years ago

hockeymag8 for #3, update your code. That noise is probably Spot in attract mode (and/or disable the adjustment).

#1 is “normal” for the newer Spike games. You can change out the power supply fan, but it will void the warranty.

#1836 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Hope it’s a loose connection and not a bad CPU board.
(Never understood how putting the LED strip on the CPU board was a good idea...)

There is no strip in the backbox, what a stupid miss by QA.

#1837 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ahh...I don't mind (kinda like) the shake...kinda fits into the effect of certain shots.....electrocution......

I don’t mind it MK. But my worry is it is so strong and so long it will shake multiple parts loose over time that otherwise wouldn’t

#1838 5 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

I meant to say shaker motor weights not posts

Where are these located? I’d like to try it.

#1839 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

hockeymag8 for #3, update your code. That noise is probably Spot in attract mode (and/or disable the adjustment).
#1 is “normal” for the newer Spike games. You can change out the power supply fan, but it will void the warranty.

Thanks mate!

#1840 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I don’t mind it MK. But my worry is it is so strong and so long it will shake multiple parts loose over time that otherwise wouldn’t

Makes sense....hopefully next code update addresses it if there has been enough concern....I've got a few others that are glass shakers....need to pay attention, as I certainly don't want to damage the machine.....think there are a few shaker threads on here..think I'll dig a few up and read effect vs. damage reports...

#1841 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I only use the shakers on my GB and MET occasionally because of that very reason. It can and does happen.

#1842 5 years ago

For those of you who haven’t seen it yet, Pinstadium created a special mini light set called baby pins just for the lower play field for Munsters LE and premium. I have the Pinstadium Fusion on my Deadpool LE and it’s really awesome. Check out this stream - I just ordered these for my Munsters, the baby pins and the Fusion, can’t wait to get them. Scott, the owner, is great and his customer service is 5 star!

#1843 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

There is no strip in the backbox, what a stupid miss by QA.

There is no strip to be in there...the LEDs are built into the board in the back box. There is also a setting to turn them off so you might want to find that in the settings to check that first.

LEDs (resized).jpgLEDs (resized).jpg
#1844 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I only use the shakers on my GB and MET occasionally because of that very reason. It can and does happen.

Interesting....just looked at the "is shakers causing node board failures in spike games" thread, and the poll didn't really seem to clarify.

On one hand, it would make sense, on the other, so many games (thousands) have them, and they are a consistent upgrade for many. Seems if there was a real metric attached to failure, there would be a warning or something...

#1845 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah and I can see that people have already had some trouble with Spots’ pins popping out. I tried to check the tightness of mine last night and I can’t even really access where it’s installed without taking off other parts. So I’m really hoping that doesn’t come loose. I’d love to leave the Spot attract effect on just for the coolness of it but I turned it off because I’m worried about that part coming loose

#1846 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

There is no strip to be in there...the LEDs are built into the board in the back box. There is also a setting to turn them off so you might want to find that in the settings to check that first.
[quoted image]

Yes I agree the setting just might be off. Check settings.

#1847 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yeah and I can see that people have already had some trouble with Spots’ pins popping out. I tried to check the tightness of mine last night and I can’t even really access where it’s installed without taking off other parts. So I’m really hoping that doesn’t come loose. I’d love to leave the Spot attract affect on just for the coolness of it but I turned it off because I’m worried about that part coming loose

Wait...I've only seen one post about that pin being found in the cabinet bottom, so very well could have been loose when it left factory.

Shaker doesn't work in attract mode...I turned him off in attract as the sound of the door became annoying after a bit....

Not really defending them, but have had one that shakes equally violent in my SM and IMVE for several years w no failures....I would completely get some that just don't like the effect, but not quite certain it leads to a guaranteed fail.

#1848 5 years ago

Spots counterweight also fell out on mine

#1849 5 years ago

Spots counterweight also fell out on mine

Did you figure out how to reinstall it?

#1850 5 years ago

Man the lower playfield must have been tested a bunch?
Sometimes I hit everything start the machine twice boom boom boom
Next time I am flailing away trying to beat the clock to at least grab mystery
Good stuff

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/37?hl=bsbdmd83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.