IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 237.
#1751 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Sorry but as a location owner and someone that plays competitively I have to disagree. I see it all the damn time. Ball saves definitely help the "good player." Endless destruction happens after a "good player"drains and barely gets the ball save. 2nd chance for a newbie=luck.
2nd chance for a "good player"=f@ck.
I'm just sad they coded it to have a ball save at all. It seemed like Dwight wasn't going to until people bitched. I'm all for the art of the design and i respect the no b.s. design. I'll set my ball save to zero but 50 cents a game, as it should be, like taxi, addams and bride. True fear shouldn't cost a dollar.

We clearly have different clientele. 95% noobs at the locations I help with. Games often under 90 seconds. Ball save is good customer service.

#1752 5 years ago

"Added STARTING GRANDPA TARGETS NEEDED adjustment. Set to the number of
targets you want players to have to shoot before lighting their first
Grandpa Laboratory"

For those owners that have upgraded code.....does the above mean ( hopefully) that you can UP the number of shots needed to be 8, 12, 16 etc ( making game harder ) ....OR ..... have they simply changed it so you can start it with 1, 2, or 3 shots instead of 4 ( making game even easier ).

??

#1753 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

If you look through the long list of Munsters episodes there is SO much that could be added to this game ....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Munsters_episodes
Modes and mini modes could be based on episodes and what happens within the episode and the corresponding clips could play on screen. Universal still have the footage so there is scope for many additions.
Example for Premium/LE.....Ep7.....Eddie and a school science project.....work a mode where Eddie Loops are required to open Grandpa's Lab, go downstairs and achieve required ( insert task here ....the science experiment )...then back up top a loop or two, scoop for jackpot to finish that mini mode.
Stuff like that....
There ya go.....positive

Exactly. This theme is a goldmine and could contain lots of cool modes.

#1754 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Modes and mini modes

Really hope Dwight has more side modes / mini modes in store. It’s exactly what this game needs.

#1755 5 years ago

Upgraded code as usual. No problems. Played a couple games. Noticed a few tweaks to video. Will try and get a few more games on new code tonight.

I like the game the way it's been set up with jackpots, etc. I think it was nice right out of the gate at release. Every game doesn't have to be a codefest extravaganza. Myself and numerous guests playing the pin have all liked it. No need to bitch about code. Little tweaks and bug fixes are welcome. Some additions would be fine but I think the game is really nice as it sits.

You can always dig into the game adjustments and make things harder or easier to your liking or as you progress.

#1756 5 years ago

Anyone tried to figure out secret mania? I super excited to hopefully discover this.

#1757 5 years ago

I like the new code and like that the real Munster madness is after level 2 . Will definitely be more challenging to get to that but the mini version on level one is fun also. Also nice variety between levels keeps things fun imo. Good job on the new code. Keep.it coming.

#1758 5 years ago

I saw the Adjustments pdf..
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/The-Munsters-Installs-and-Adjustments.pdf

When and how do you change the level? On code update? And how do you go back and change later...say from Easy to hard?

#1759 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I saw the Adjustments pdf..
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/The-Munsters-Installs-and-Adjustments.pdf
When and how do you change the level? On code update? And how do you go back and change later...say from Easy to hard?

You can change the settings anytime via the coin door service menu under game adjustments.

#1760 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're using Windows to unzip it, use something like WinRAR instead. The built-in winzip extractor has problems with the Stern zips sometimes. Makes a bad file, but won't give you an error so you know.

Thank you... this worked..

#1761 5 years ago

I had no problems with windows zip, EZ clean install...but was prepared to use winrar if it didn't.

#1762 5 years ago

Got a few more games in on .96 code. I like the changes. This pin is a blast to shoot. I just hit the Eddie loops 5 times in a row once going in the other direction that is a neat loop. The ramps are so satisfying to hit and much easier to target than the ramps in Deadpool. Trying to play the upper and lower playfields at the same time is the hardest thing I’ve ever tried in pinball - it is super fun though! Going to take awhile to get the hang of that. The more I play this pin the more I enjoy it.

I followed the changes a couple of you made and moved my outlane posts to the lower hole. Still didn’t like the gap. Rather than drill a new hole in my playfield though I am right now testing wider post covers which are working pretty well. Will pick up black if I keep them. Easy to remove with no damage. See the yellow one in the picture. I didn’t even have to use a jackhammer

Also I definitely noticed a glitch in the new code. One time out of eight or nine the pin doesn’t recognize the ball has drained for up to a minute. Never seen that before. I’ll send a bug email to Stern.
B1184D42-CACE-4B8C-9C10-551B82EFC216 (resized).jpegB1184D42-CACE-4B8C-9C10-551B82EFC216 (resized).jpeg

#1763 5 years ago

Press the flippers on the drain bug. Should start the bonus.

#1764 5 years ago

You shouldn’t have to do that though right?

#1765 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Also I definitely noticed a glitch in the new code. One time out of eight or nine the pin doesn’t recognize the ball has drained for up to a minute. Never seen that before. I’ll send a bug email to Stern.
[quoted image]

I have the same problem with the end of ball not being recognized on this new code but, on mine, it is happening about 80% of the time.

Yes, pressing a flipper button takes care of it but you shouldn't have to do that.

I did send an e-mail to Stern but if others experiencing the same issue would contact Stern, also, we may see a quicker fix.

#1766 5 years ago

Thought I'd weigh in on Munsters. Overall, I'm really enjoying it and it seems like its going to be a great game to own.
Got my LE last week. Unboxing and setup went well, a couple little things to comment on:
1) left flipper became loose after a few games, and I had to tighten it. First time I tightened it, it became loose again after game or two, so I did a trick that usually works, I took the flipper completely out, and used 100 sand paper vertically on the shaft to create some friction. Reinstalled and tightened and all is good.
2) I found it odd that Stern sends the machine with no balls in the lower playfield. You have to remove a component to install the 2 balls. Have your 1/4 inch nut driver ready. The unusual thing in my machine is that Stern left one ball in the lower playfield by mistake, so I only had to add one ball. No big deal.
3) I found that the LED's are too bright. I changed the GI and the insert brightness to 80%, and the backbox to 75% when playing. flashers also down to 75%. Just my preference. I play in a dimly lit room.
4) At first I thought the lower playfield felt a little like a cheap toy pinball machine. But after many plays, I find it fun and challenging. You actually have to aim and hit orbits, and certain shots and then have a hurry up for multiball. Well done.
5) If anybody thinks the game is too easy, I'm surprised. Side drains and centers happen often enough, and you can set many features to make it more difficult to progress. So if it's too easy, leave ball save off, and make more hits required to start modes.
6) I just did the .96 update and the whole machine just seems a little better and I like the instructional video in the attract mode.
7) I really like the soundtrack, not just the Munsters theme song, but all the '60's sounding surf type music. Very fitting and and fun.
8) As you learn what is going on, the game does a pretty good job of showing you and telling you where you should be shooting, that is, except the zap button, which I haven't read up on, but I've not yet understood why it is there. I'm sure I'll learn soon.
9) I lowered the power of the lower playfield flippers. They seemed way to strong, the ball was flying everywhere. Much better.
10) Not sure about the shaker importance. I don't love shaker's , but I set mine to minimal, and it seems good.
Good job Stern!

#1767 5 years ago

Here is our spot flasher with the new code during game play

#1768 5 years ago

Hard to tell, is it mounted on top? I like the look a ton better than stock!

#1769 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Hard to tell, is it mounted on top? I like the look a ton better than stock!

Yes, above spots head and a little back. It’s much better than stock. $15 shipped.

https://lermods.com/t/the-munsters-pinball-mods

#1770 5 years ago

If you replace the stock spot flasher with a bending one it makes a big difference.

#1771 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If you replace the stock spot flasher with a bending one it makes a big difference.

Like it. Ordered!

#1772 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Like it. Ordered!

Its not 12v like most flashers...

#1773 5 years ago

Sorry, quoted the wrong one. Ordered the lermods light. May also try the bottom with a bending light as well

#1774 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its not 12v like most flashers...

Pretty sure all spike flashers are 5v. Could be wrong.

#1775 5 years ago

Have any of you noticed that you get Herman Multiball even if you miss the ball of the magnet? On my machine even if I miss the locked ball, once the other ball drains the magnetized ball is released then Herman Multiball starts. Seems to happen every time as far as I’ve noticed. The tutorial even says that you only get it if you knock the ball lose. What’s up with that?

#1776 5 years ago

You get a 2 ball Multiball if you don’t hit it, a 3 ball Multiball if you do. This is as designed.

#1777 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty sure all spike flashers are 5v. Could be wrong.

Correct

#1778 5 years ago

Delivered tonight!

20190312_220638 (resized).jpg20190312_220638 (resized).jpg
#1779 5 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Delivered tonight!
[quoted image]

Bam!!! I know you were anxious...enjoy!!! A great machine..have been playing mine all evening....

#1780 5 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

You get a 2 ball Multiball if you don’t hit it, a 3 ball Multiball if you do. This is as designed.

Okay thanks lol. Must have missed that.

#1781 5 years ago

And I'm odd man out that likes the white flash from under Spot as is....now if his eyes were glowing red..

I've debated on lighting the back of the ramp, but all the factory lighting effects on the LE are pretty well done, imho....nothing has stuck out as a must add on pf lighting or toys yet. Anxious for a look at the topper however.....

Have my titans, waiting on a few other final finishing touch things, and will post some pics of how mine will live. Just a beautiful, fun game...

#1782 5 years ago

I’ve finally today spent some significant time playing this game because it’s my birthday
(Dinner my choice movie my choice-I picked Munsters ha ha)

Put the new code in better overall as has been stated
Did they take out the “Darn Darn Darn”
I liked that

So I am actually trying to play the game and pay attention
This thing is sweet
If you play 5 games you end up playing 15 man this is a great theme

Is it me or is it harder to turn the big man blue in Herman Multiball?
Seems like it was one hit before now it’s taking a few I like that as well
I still don’t know how to collect the zaps

Cutting way down on quick drains by plunging myself

I know it’s been said a bunch but again the lower playfield set on soft really makes it like a mini pinball machine I find myself holding and aiming I really like it feels good to me

I don’t know I am just really liking this game theme is just so damn good

No ball save is the way to go now if I could just control the ball better I would get the fireworks going

Also,wanted to add,I’ve had a few issues with my game and everyone at stern has helped right away

Man this theme is so damn good
Have a great night everyone!

#1783 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I’ve finally today spent some significant time playing this game because it’s my birthday
I liked that
This thing is sweet your situation can change on a dime or it does for me
Sweet sweet flow
If you play 5 games you end up playing 15 man this is a great theme
Seems like it was one hit before now it’s taking a few I like that as well
I still don’t know how to collect the zaps
Cutting way down on quick drains by plunging myself
I know it’s been said a bunch but again the lower playfield set on soft really makes it like a mini pinball machine I find myself holding and aiming I really like it feels good to me
I don’t know I am just really liking this game theme is just so damn good
No ball save is the way to go now if I could just control the ball better I would get the fireworks going
Also,wanted to add,I’ve had a few issues with my game and everyone at stern has helped right away

#1784 5 years ago

Can't wait to try this bad boy tomorrow - going to make sure it is nice and warmed up. Nice to see the thoughts on the new code as well. This nut was in bottom of the cardboard box - anyone know where it goes off hand?

munster nut (resized).jpegmunster nut (resized).jpeg
#1785 5 years ago

I think it is the same as before, or at least I haven't noticed any difference since updating the code. Everytime you hit herman in herman multiball you add a "green dot" in front of him for each three you bump up from white to blue to red. This is also how you re-lite the jackpots after you collect them in each level.

#1786 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And I'm odd man out that likes the white flash from under Spot as is....now if his eyes were glowing red..
I've debated on lighting the back of the ramp, but all the factory lighting effects on the LE are pretty well done, imho....nothing has stuck out as a must add on pf lighting or toys yet. Anxious for a look at the topper however.....
Have my titans, waiting on a few other final finishing touch things, and will post some pics of how mine will live. Just a beautiful, fun game...

Stock lights are perfectly fine imo.. i just messed with the spot flasher so it more noticeable.

#1787 5 years ago

I feel things are more difficult on the new code.

#1788 5 years ago

I liked that
This thing is sweet!!

Happy Birthday !! Now go have a couple brews and play Munsters…………..we expect you to be well rested for work in the AM !!

#1789 5 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Can't wait to try this bad boy tomorrow - going to make sure it is nice and warmed up. Nice to see the thoughts on the new code as well. This nut was in bottom of the cardboard box - anyone know where it goes off hand?

Man that is a tough one !!....Gotta look over everything top and bottom...........put it in your pin tool kit and enjoy flippin that beauty of a new machine !!

#1790 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Happy Birthday !! Now go have a couple brews and play Munsters…………..we expect you to be well rested for work in the AM !!

Ha ha hey thank you
Couple jack and cokes actually playing till midnight end with midnight Madness fuck it I’ll get up

#1791 5 years ago

@spacemanratso09, to answer your comment about how to collect the Zap's you have to collect a minimum of 4 to enable the playfield to spot a zap shot to collect the built up zap's. The playfield insert will light or spot the shot to make to collect the zaps and points. Eddie orbits, ramps, or Dragula for Zap Jackpot once you build up the correct number of collected zap's.

Stern published a pretty good document describing the game play, hop onto their website to collect it

#1792 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

spacemanratso09, to answer your comment about how to collect the Zap's you have to collect a minimum of 4 to enable the playfield to spot a zap shot to collect the built up zap's. The playfield insert will light or spot the shot to make to collect the zaps and points. Eddie orbits, ramps, or Dragula for Zap Jackpot once you build up the correct number of collected zap's.
Stern published a pretty good document describing the game play, hop onto their website to collect it

Thanks! I will check that out
I am trying to glance around when it’s ready having a hard time seeing which one is lit sometimes the lights a play is fast I’ve been looking for a color that’s not there before just not seeing it yet

#1793 5 years ago

clarifying the Zap rules:
All you have to do:
1. Hitting targets (any stand up target) makes the button blink
2. Hit the button while blinking to charge your zap meter

Later if you have one or more zap charged up (this stuff is going on behind the scenes)
1. When you collect awards for almost any mode or multiball the game will subtract one of your charges and light a zap jackpot. It will light it where the jackpot you collected was.
2. The zap jackpot will stay lit until the end of the ball if not collected.
3. This part will happen automatically, passively. You don’t need to do anything except collect the zap jackpots.
4. Collecting 4 zap jackpots will lite ZAP SUPER JACKPOT if not already lit.

#1794 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Video of how that looks?

#1795 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone tried to figure out secret mania? I super excited to hopefully discover this.

I am curious if collecting all the Super Jackpots together has anything to do with it. So all 9 on the Pro, 10 on LE. The code update mentions tracking was fixed for this mode, maybe they don't have to be stacked just all achieved. Still watching streams till the prems ship

#1796 5 years ago

Happy 313 day! Close enuf to 1313

#1797 5 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Happy 313 day! Close enuf to 1313

Have you played your game yet Hockeymag?

#1798 5 years ago

Nope not yet - did not get to my crib until 8:30 last night and this morning the work thing got in the way - tonight plan to load the balls and crank it up!

I stared at it for a while tho - what a beautiful game - love the art work!

#1799 5 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Nope not yet - did not get to my crib until 8:30 last night and this morning the work thing got in the way - tonight plan to load the balls and crank it up!
I stared at it for a while tho - what a beautiful game - love the art work!

Cant wait to hear your thoughts tonight. Congrats on your new game!

#1800 5 years ago

Curious about any exploits when both upper/lower playfields are going. If ball save=35 seconds with jackpots available risk free down below, why not just shoot lower pf exclusively and ignore everything else going on?

Second time around, how about trap up on the top pf and use bottom buttons to shoot jackpots below? I assume stern has planned for this scenario, but wanted to mention it feels like there could be a loophole somewhere due to the 4 button layout. Hmm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.