IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 237.
#1451 5 years ago

To follow up on my last post, and for those whom are interested, see photos. These photos are showing the post locations after re-setting them to the optional hole location in the playfield to close down the gap. You will note that the left gap between the rubber bumper and the lane wire form on the left is 1-1/4", and the gap between the rubber bumpers on the right is 1-1/2" of an inch, the right having the larger gap. Not sure of the thought process or design methodology behind building in a biased setting between left and right, but it bothered me, so I corrected it. To each his own as they say. It was just one of those things with this game that really bugged me, I can say after making the mod I find the game plays better and more enjoyable. Sure I still get drains when I deserve to get them, just eliminated the cheap ones on the right.

I just wanted to share this info with the community in case anyone else might find it beneficial.

20190217_125542_resized (resized).jpg20190217_125542_resized (resized).jpg20190217_125746_resized (resized).jpg20190217_125746_resized (resized).jpg

#1452 5 years ago

I was looking through the menus and there are a ton of ball save options. I am mostly interested in the one for the quick drain on a new ball, but saw a bunch with regards to multiballs etc. Which is the one thats the regular ball save?

Am enjoying my LE but I am amazed that at this price point, ( compared to JJP for instance), there wasnt a topper or nicer key fob and especially some high quality apron cards to replace the yucky Stern yellow

#1453 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For me. The difficulty comes in scoring big. That’s what keeps a nerd like me coming back. No quick way to points. Have to be methodical about it.

Same here, I am hoping that they make some adjustments to mode scoring so that you don't always have to go the super jackpot route if you want points on this game because right now that's it as far as points go. I am not sure how many spot shots it takes to light special but I have done it several times and only came out of the mode with ~2million points. As dangerous as that shot/mode is it should be way more valuable, same with other modes IMO.

#1454 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

To follow up on my last post, and for those whom are interested, see photos. These photos are showing the post locations after re-setting them to the optional hole location in the playfield to close down the gap. You will note that the left gap between the rubber bumper and the lane wire form on the left is 1-1/4", and the gap between the rubber bumpers on the right is 1-1/2" of an inch, the right having the larger gap. Not sure of the thought process or design methodology behind building in a biased setting between left and right, but it bothered me, so I corrected it. To each his own as they say. It was just one of those things with this game that really bugged me, I can say after making the mod I find the game plays better and more enjoyable. Sure I still get drains when I deserve to get them, just eliminated the cheap ones on the right.
I just wanted to share this info with the community in case anyone else might find it beneficial.
[quoted image][quoted image]

O my..its your game so u can do what u want but i wld of found something that wasn't so aggressive/ permanent.

#1455 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For me. The difficulty comes in scoring big. That’s what keeps a nerd like me coming back. No quick way to points. Have to be methodical about it.

Yep its pretty awesome when i save all the supers zaps and multipliers going into munster madness. Most of the time i fail getting everything stacked but when it comes together you get big scores.

#1456 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

O my..its your game so u can do what u want but i wld of found something that wasn't so aggressive/ permanent.

Ya I get it, not for everyone, like I said to each his own. I was certain I would take some heat for doing this and posting it from some folks, and that's OK, I can take the heat. To your point I did consider alternatives like installing a larger diameter rubber on the right posts, but in the end I did what I did, it's a Pro and not a Premium or LE, if it was one of those I may have opted for the larger rubber.

#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Ya I get it, not for everyone, like I said to each his own. I was certain I would take some heat for doing this and posting it from some folks, and that's OK, I can take the heat. To your point I did consider alternatives like installing a larger diameter rubber on the right posts, but in the end I did what I did, it's a Pro and not a Premium or LE, if it was one of those I may have opted for the larger rubber.

You shouldn't take heat for anything it's your game.

I agree that the right outlane is a bit hungry with quite a few drains "cheap" off of herman to the right outlane. I have heard a few choice words spoken by my Wife while playing Munsters, not something that I normally hear when She plays pinball. Me on the other had I always have a few words for the pin.

I haven't adjusted anything on ours yet other than adding a short ball save and replacing the shooter lane ramp with a beveled one.

#1458 5 years ago

Trying out translucent glow green Titans... like them so far.

9BB4F006-6053-433B-8BCC-45E860BF1AC9 (resized).jpeg9BB4F006-6053-433B-8BCC-45E860BF1AC9 (resized).jpeg

#1459 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

You shouldn't take heat for anything it's your game.
I agree that the right outlane is a bit hungry with quite a few drains "cheap" off of herman to the right outlane. I have heard a few choice words spoken by my Wife while playing Munsters, not something that I normally hear when She plays pinball. Me on the other had I always have a few words for the pin.
I haven't adjusted anything on ours yet other than adding a short ball save and replacing the shooter lane ramp with a beveled one.

You hit the nail on the head noting your wifes displeasure with the cheap drains as I also found myself saying "WTF, you gotta be shi......me, really, another one down the right again" I can say that I have never reached a point of frustration playing any other tables when it comes to cheap drains. I reached my limit at like game 50 or so and said enough with this. After having made the mod I play the game free of frustration with "the terrible thing" as quoted by Herman, and to me it sure was worth it.

#1460 5 years ago

Just in case anybody is interested, Stern now has the Munsters Pro art blades in stock. I ordered a pair today and 20 minutes later said it was shipped. Less than 100 bucks shipped. When I get them in I'll post a pic.

#1461 5 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Just in case anybody is interested, Stern now has the Munsters Pro art blades in stock. I ordered a pair today and 20 minutes later said it was shipped. Less than 100 bucks shipped. When I get them in I'll post a pic.

I did the same last week, mine should arrive tomorrow

#1462 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Thanks, I was hoping to find some sooner. I might have to wait.

I have PDI on all my games ( mentioned prior)...The Stern glass looks equal in comparison ( for my eyes), and less $$$.

Otherwise, maybe Joey saved a few sheets to sell out of this batch

#1463 5 years ago

I have had my LE for a few days now like many of us...so, I have to ask, do you guys think the Grandpa scoop will take the pounding it gets? If I am not dead on hitting Grandpa the ball deflects with a very noticable thud. Looking at it, it appears that there is only 2 spot welds hold the scoop together.

#1464 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Kitty is the biggest shortcut. 6x multiplier will give you reasonable points pretty quickly. Don't take any super jackpots until you get it to 6X.

#1465 5 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I have had my LE for a few days now like many of us...so, I have to ask, do you guys think the Grandpa scoop will take the pounding it gets? If I am not dead on hitting Grandpa the ball deflects with a very noticable thud. Looking at it, it appears that there is only 2 spot welds hold the scoop together.

That scoop has what are called 'plug welds' they are typically very good and should take a good beating without degradation. The weak link in the weld is in the surrounding material, which in this case is flat and should stand up long term. I would venture to say this scoop should hold up well over time.

#1466 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Trying out translucent glow green Titans... like them so far.
[quoted image]

Man...thinking these and black flipper bats are the choice for me....matching slings would be deadly....

#1467 5 years ago

Munsters schwag at cafepress.com......I keep my new beauty ) and Invisiglass covered at all times unless being played.

20190305_193013.jpg20190305_193013.jpg
#1468 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Good job on your post mod !!! Thumbs up.....I had similar somewhat snarky remarks from a couple members about me doing my launch ramp mod/surgery.

#1469 5 years ago

My Munsters Le comes Wednesday.... is it awesome or what??? I’m putting it Next to the Beatles....

#1470 5 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

My Munsters Le comes Wednesday.... is it awesome or what??? I’m putting it Next to the Beatles....

You’ll love it yeah yeah yeah
You’ll love it yeah yeah yeah
You’ll love it yeah yeah yeah yeaaaaah

#1471 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Munsters schwag at cafepress.com......I keep my new beauty ) and Invisiglass covered at all times unless being played.[quoted image]

Thats awesome. You have a link...?

#1472 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Thats awesome. You have a link...?

https://www.cafepress.com/+beach_towel,1449050348

Use the code GIFT15 for another 15% off until March 13.

#1473 5 years ago

Ok LE owners, I would advise you do this and try it out. Earlier today I was playing my FG. When I started the Stewie upper pinball playfield, it felt so much better than the lower playfield on Munsters. The shots felt a lot closer to a normal pinball machine feel. Do yourself a favor, go into your settings and adjust the lower playfield flippers to "soft". It made a huge difference to me in feel and how it plays. The ball is not flying everywhere and your shots feel more controlled. The ramp will register everytime with out that ball feeling like it was launched from a cannon. I also adjusted my upper flippers to "soft" as well. Game play is so much better IMO. Just try it out and report back. I could not find an adjustment to the auto launch by hitting the zap button. I think that could use some dialing down as well. Let me know your thoughts....

Kidchrisso..Slap_Save_Podcast.

#1474 5 years ago

Hey guys. Started some work on some apron cards, mainly with Premium in mind

Would appreciate feedback good and /or bad , others ideas, so I can proceed.

It's in the Munster Apron Cards thread, didn't want to hijack this thread , so please comment in the Cards thread

#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Ok LE owners, I would advise you do this and try it out. Earlier today I was playing my FG. When I started the Stewie upper pinball playfield, it felt so much better than the lower playfield on Munsters. The shots felt a lot closer to a normal pinball machine feel. Do yourself a favor, go into your settings and adjust the lower playfield flippers to "soft". It made a huge difference to me in feel and how it plays. The ball is not flying everywhere and your shots feel more controlled. The ramp will register everytime with out that ball feeling like it was launched from a cannon. I also adjusted my upper flippers to "soft" as well. Game play is so much better IMO. Just try it out and report back. I could not find an adjustment to the auto launch by hitting the zap button. I think that could use some dialing down as well. Let me know your thoughts....

Thanks kidchrisso .....I've been enjoying the lower pf to date and ramp shots register pretty consistent, but anxious to give this setting a whirl.....serious stuff going on down there!!!

Love my FGY, btw, just another fun game...deeper than most realize....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1476 5 years ago

@kidchrisso: Great suggestion!
I turned down both the lower and upper pf flippers to “soft”; and agreed, the lower pf shots feel more controlled. Right ramp is now also registering fine.
I even prefer the feel of the flipper setting on the regular/upper flippers.
Love the seamless flow of this pin.
Every time I turn this pin on, hear the music and flip a ball, it brings a smile to my face.

#1477 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

kidchrisso: Great suggestion!
I turned down both the lower and upper pf flippers to “soft”; and agreed, the lower pf shots feel more controlled. Right ramp is now also registering fine.
I even prefer the feel of the flipper setting on the regular/upper flippers.
Love the seamless flow of this pin.
Every time I turn this pin on, hear the music and flip a ball, it brings a smile to my face.

Glad you guys are enjoying your game, Munsters is awesome!

#1478 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Sounds like a great suggestion, I will make the change tonight and see how it goes...thanks.

#1479 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Good job on your post mod !!! Thumbs up.....I had similar somewhat snarky remarks from a couple members about me doing my launch ramp mod/surgery.

You guys can take a drill bit and chainsaw to your playfields all you like I just hope you disclose these hacks if/when you sell the game.

#1480 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

You guys can take a drill bit and chainsaw to your playfields all you like I just hope you disclose these hacks if/when you sell the game.

Just to clear any misunderstanding for ya JoeJet, I didn't use a chain saw, I used a sledge hammer, chisel, and put the finishing touches on it with a Jack Hammer.

#1481 5 years ago

Anyone put pinstadium lights in their machine yet? If so how do you like them in this machine? Just put them in my Deadpool and they are really cool.

#1482 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Anyone put pinstadium lights in their machine yet? If so how do you like them in this machine? Just put them in my Deadpool and they are really cool.

mine are on the way! cant wait!!

#1483 5 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

https://www.cafepress.com/+beach_towel,1449050348
Use the code GIFT15 for another 15% off until March 13.

Thanks! Ordered!!

#1484 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/76#post-4851380

#1485 5 years ago

Got my LE today..no issues.. the shooter lane ramp was beveled/filed from the factory..yeah!
The lower playfield had a little smudge (dusty). no big deal..happy happy happy!
Received my Monsterbash LE today also..absolutely perfect..what a day!!!
WoW Wow Wow....I love it when things come together!

#1486 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Got my LE today..no issues.. the shooter lane ramp was beveled/filed from the factory..yeah!
The lower playfield had a little smudge (dusty). no big deal..happy happy happy!

Today was like Christmas day for you, but like 1000 times better!

#1487 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Congratulations, both are great pins.

#1488 5 years ago

Thanks Guys!

#1489 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Today was like Christmas day for you, but like 1000 times better!

For those who enjoy math, apparently...

Munsters Pinball >= (Birth of Jesus x 1000)

#1490 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

For those who enjoy math, apparently...
Munsters Pinball >= (Birth of Jesus x 1000)

Bwahahahahaha

#1491 5 years ago

Question for Le owners.
I’m a huge Munsters fan and really wanted this theme but, after playing the pro It wasn’t for me.
Do you think the LE or premium is enough to sway my decision to still get one?
On another note this was my front bass drum head for years ! Now on the wall!
Thought you might like?!

0F2382DE-CBBD-432B-870B-29C0C4F92940 (resized).jpeg0F2382DE-CBBD-432B-870B-29C0C4F92940 (resized).jpeg
#1492 5 years ago

Playing it 100 more times will sway you more than a mini playfield

#1493 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Question for Le owners.
I’m a huge Munsters fan and really wanted this theme but, after playing the pro It wasn’t for me.
On another note this was my front bass drum head for years ! Now on the wall!
Thought you might like?!
[quoted image]

The only difference is the mini playfield so im just guessing this game may not be for you but im not sure whats not to like about this game? What didn't you enjoy about it?

#1494 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

You tell us. Shouldn’t be hard to find one to play eventually.

#1495 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The only difference is the mini playfield so im just guessing this game may not be for you but im not sure whats not to like about this game? What didn't you enjoy about it?

To me it just felt a little empty!
I like everything else about it .
I rather have a color machine.
I’m not bashing it by any means. I really was looking forward to it and was hoping the premium was going to be color so, that also throws my decision off!
As for seeing a premium or le in person? It will be highly unlikely at the places I go to so, I was trying to get more input because, I may have to wing it if I decide to go for a premium or LE .
It’s the theme that keeps drawing me in.
Huge Munsters fan!

#1496 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

To me it just felt a little empty!
I like everything else about it .
I rather have a color machine.
I’m not bashing it by any means. I really was looking forward to it and was hoping the premium was going to be color so, that also throws my decision off!
As for seeing a premium or le in person? It will be highly unlikely at the places I go to so, I was trying to get more input because, I may have to wing it if I decide to go for a premium or LE .
It’s the theme that keeps drawing me in.
Huge Munsters fan!

Oh man i really love the black and white premium. I think it fits this theme perfectly and the artwork that Chris Franchi put on it is just amazing. Im not going to say anything stupid like this is the best game ever made but i tell ya what, its damn good.

Im the opposite of you though. I don't want the lower playfield but the black and white artwork on the premium almost convinced me to buy a Premium. Im a Munsters fan also and this is dream theme for me.

#1497 5 years ago

I have an LE, if you like the theme, buy the premium, or find a LE. It’s worth it.

#1498 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is moving those posts permanent...?

#1499 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

No but drilling a new hole is. Haha

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

The non-factory hole is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
5,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 210.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/30?hl=macca101010 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.