Topic Stats

• 5,542 posts
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by JMCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,093 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E8704462-989F-4EB7-839A-1F0F9500A72D (resized).jpeg
Munsters Retro a Go Go.jpg
c12e6350de6d34a3a45b3159eea146834f8d5e34 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-20-22-53-46-1 (resized).png
BC5920F5-C1AB-44A8-81ED-5B37B701040E (resized).jpeg
grandpa-munster-deluxe_the-munsters_gallery_5c4ddee603cfe (resized).jpg
IMG_20190815_191445228 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190815_180758243 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190815_180846016 (resized).jpg
Pro Rule Card 2 (resized).jpg
Pro Rule Card 1 (resized).jpg
Prem-LE Rule Card 3 (resized).jpg
Prem-LE Rule Card 2 (resized).jpg
Prem-LE Rule Card 1 (resized).jpg
Custom Premium (resized).jpg
Custom Limited (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

595 posts in this topic match your search for posts by who-dey. You are on page 2 of 3.
#2891 4 months ago

Iceman is setting his LE up right now. Another Munsters addict coming!

#2893 4 months ago

I dont know shit but are you dragging the file and dropping it in your USB folder?

#2894 4 months ago

Oh sorry, i just read where you said you don't have a valid file. You didnt download the read me file did you? Maybe you need to reformat your USB? im sure none.of that works so sorry in advance, just trying to help.

#2909 4 months ago

Ok ive been trying for the last few days to stack about six jackpots and hit Kitty and get my multipliers up and cash them out. So far i keep getting right there constantly and then the game kicks me in the balls every time. Im just wondering about how many points that i can expect to get once i finally cash them in? Any ideas at all? Once i achieve this i can only imagine how pumped that im going to be if i cash in big and blow the game up. What is your guys biggest Jackpots?

#2910 4 months ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Like who-dey said the game for me is addicting
Like him and I am sure others at times I literally can’t stop playing the game
Favorite part is still Raven multiball just loves how it chimes in and the ramps are amazing
The lower playfield I haven’t even got to that it’s fun and well implemented best “toy” since I don’t know when
Theme intergration(spelling wrong? Unsure) is just very very good .
The art and look of the game cmon
The topper looks very nice as well
Love clocking the big man in the belly Munsters is the bomb
A MAAAD GENIUS!

Anyone who listens to the haters on this game that was interested in buying it and then decided not to just because of the few people that ran the game into the ground is making one big ass mistake, thats all i got to say. This game is fun as hell in many many ways and its not going to get old or boring. Its so challenging that it makes you grit your teeth and hit the start button over and over and over. Ive been getting so pissed trying to blow this game up that im about ready to pull the damn hair out of my head, all three of them!

#2912 4 months ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Sick of listening to haters and Sick of listening to hyper's can not escape it in pinball.

Same here bro! The damn hypers are almost as bad as the haters!

#2914 4 months ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Confession time.
I fire-up my Munsters LE more then My MBR-LE..for whatever that is worth. Obviously a Awesome, addicting game for me.

That says a lot for Munsters because MB is an amazing game. If we can even talk about Munsters in the same conversation as Monster Bash thats a huge compliment for Munsters.

#2916 4 months ago
Quoted from Ven:

Yep it is super hard to get an "honest" opinion on a game.

For sure. You just have to listen to the people that you trust.

#2920 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

6 SJPs at 6x is around 40mm if I remember right.

Might depend on the type of jackpots also because you got the blue and red ones also right? Its amazing how many times you fail to cash in on Jackpots because it seems like it would be fairly easy. I actually love the rules that Dwight wrote to this game. I think he did a killer job on it.

#2923 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Each SJP is the same amount on its own. But if you have more than one ready to collect they get a boost:
2 of them is with about 3 of them on their own.
3 of them might be worth 5 of them on their own.
And so on.
I hope that makes sense.

Yep it makes sense. I just cant wait to cash in on some. I'll be giving her another try tonight! This pin is going to get a lot of plays out on it i can see that right now.

#2925 4 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I’ve been trying the same thing. Stack em up and get the kitty going. Then blam draino! Ha ha so much fun though!

I know man lol. Its like it should be pretty easy to achieve but you can never quite make it happen. That Spot shot is a MF'R too! That is definitely draino city there now. What is considered a good score, 100-200 million?

#2940 4 months ago

Fill me in...does 1.0 mean done?
What do there games go to?
Just asking my WD was 1.56

It doesnt mean done neccessarily. It definitely means close to done but they will update as needed even after 1.0

#2970 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Munsters is a perfect fit for my game room. But for it to come in, I need to be relatively confident it will stay for an extended period of time.

If you are a Munsters fan i can tell you right now that you will love it for sure. If you don’t care about the theme, who knows? Have you played the game yet?

#2972 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I am indeed a big Munsters fan and wouldn’t even be considering the game if I wasn’t. I was on the list with my distributor for an LE for over a year. Bought one day one but then decided to cancel my order (primarily because I didn’t like the LE art package as much ad the Premium).
Played a Pro and Premium for quite a bit when the game was first released and wrote a few reviews. Played the Premium quite a bit at TPF. Have not played .98 or .99 code but there isn’t much new. I’m not a great player, but am reasonably confident I’ve seen almost everything except all the match scenes. That alone bothered me.
I hedged my bets and got both Pro and Premium translites signed by the actors and design team in case I buy one. Like I said - I want to want the game. But not convinced enough to pull the trigger yet. And that’s 99% because the code is currently pretty much a one trick pony. No matter how smooth the shots are or beautiful the art is or how much I like the theme, that’s a big hurdle for me to get over.

Building and blowing up jackpots pretty much is the main goal but it sure is fun and challenging to do it. Im definitely not going to try and sway your opinion but playing at home where you can hear all the sounds and stuff is also much more fun. I hate playing pinball in barcades and shows because its just too noisy usually and you dont get the same experience at all. Most of your games look to be older simpler games though, so it seems like Munsters would fit in well with you. I love mine more than anything and that wont ever change.

#2978 4 months ago
Quoted from mdclips:

just installed .99 - works fine, but did reset all my settings, high scores, etc... When I selected the full install with verify it failed, but the quick update worked fine. Anyone else have this issue?

I did the quick install and my old settings remained exactly where i put them. That was kind of nice. The only thing weird with mine was when i selected the premium download it says its for the LE. I guess it doesn't matter since the premium and LE are the same?

#2980 4 months ago

I finally just cashed out a nice Jackpot! Had 7 of them stacked and cashed them out for 38 million......dang that felt good!!!!

#2988 4 months ago

Dont make me get serious guys. I'll bash Herman till i break him in half!

#2990 4 months ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I took it with a grain of salt. Worst code / bad code/ ect has been said about MANY games on this site. I just don't get the people that feel the need to "start" a thread about it. Many motives possible. It's seems to be all about them rather then contributing to discussions.

Ive been told my Munsters sucks, my GB, my AS, my GOT, and even my MET. That leaves me with IMDN, and TWD. At least i have 2 out of 7 games that are good.

When i die someone will probably be able to buy.my entire shitty collection for about 4K.

#2992 4 months ago
Quoted from gac:

Who told you IMDN and TWD don't suck? Who?

Well nobody told me that they didnt suck but nobody has said that they did either. I think Spaceman actually said IMDN sucks though so i guess im just down to one good game now and thats TWD. i should have made better choices i guess. Lol

#3000 4 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Do you. Who cares what others think.

No i love all of my games and feel lucky as hell to have them. I was just joking pretty much and i could care less what others think. Munsters is definitely getting some undeserved hate though for sure.

#3001 4 months ago

I was being sarcastic
Maiden is a great game
I was trolling on Munster hate pages
Basically I was saying Maiden sucks after 5 plays because that what the kid was claiming about Munsters

I know dude lol. I wouldn't even be mad if you did haye it.

#3004 4 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It sure is but man I have a great time every time on it.
When I bought my Deadpool people where trashing it. I still like that pin.
Funny thing is 99% pinball people I talk to love AC/DC and I can not stand it.

There really arent too many "bad" stern games out there really. Maybe some that arent good enough for most people to own but that still doesn't mean they are so bad that you cant have some fun on them. Most people think that AS is bad and im pretty sure it didnt sell very well but it is one awesome game.

I bought AS as kind of a fill in game until something came along that i really wanted and now i dont want to ever sell it. Im out of room now though and if a dream theme comes along its going to be really hard to decide what goes. Munsters is bolted because its the only dream theme in my collection but i almost feel like they are all bolted down really.

I would love to have about 5 games that i love as much as Munsters.

#3005 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Leave ACDC out of this!! Haha

I think we should start an ACDC thread. "ACDC WORST FUCKING GAME EVER MADE!" lol

#3007 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It would be right up there with your GB best game ever made thread. I say do it.

Haha you’re so funny......NOT!! Come on man you’re not allowed to judge me on something that i said three years ago!

BTW though, i still say its a great great game!

#3009 4 months ago
Quoted from gac:

Well you better get rid of that TWD before it starts to suck. And you think that you could get $4K for THAT collection of machines? Keep dreamin Who-Dey. (I'm obviously kidding too.)
Seriously, your collection kicks ass! I'd be happy to own every single one of them. Let the haters hate.

Thanks GAC! Im going to keep it at 7 games because i dont have much room and 7 feels about right. May even go to five someday. If i had a good barcade near me id probably even drop it down to 2 or 3, but i dont have a good place near me unfortunately. Cant wait to see WONKA tonight, should be interesting.

#3011 4 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Ha! No worries! I have one. My kids play it.

ACDC is a really good game for sure. Its probably the most feature filled stern in many years.

#3014 4 months ago

Tell you what guys, after watching the Wonka stream it makes me love my Munsters even more. Munsters kicks Wonkas ass big time!

#3019 4 months ago

This is gonna goofy
I never had seen enlarging ray until tonight
Got it in the mystery spot
Music is fantastic as well as the clips
Also,I’ve watch a few videos of gameplay and Herman seems to start after one hit
I checked my settings and it’s says one
But it always takes three
Is this normal?
Thanks

You gotta hit Herman two or three times to stick the ball on the magnet and then you gotta knock the ball loose.

#3023 4 months ago

Well that’s what I mean I have to hit him three times then it will stick on the forth

Im gonna see what mine does so give me a few minutes and I’ll be back.

#3025 4 months ago

Mine sticks on the 4th hit also spaceman so yours is working right.

#3027 4 months ago

It sticks on the 3rd hit for sure

#3033 4 months ago

I just noticed my right lower playfield flipper is sticking a little and not returning to its correct position unless one of the balls hits it. Any thoughts on what this may be?

20190413_005242 (resized).jpg
#3035 4 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Return Spring? Or it may just need ajusted. ..

Probably the rerurn spring i bet because it goes back to its correct position when a ball hits it. Too much Munster Madness i guess.

#3037 4 months ago

I will try and check it out tomorrow and see whats going on. It shouldn't be too hard to fix.

#3059 4 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Bingo...And think I am at 7.1 degrees of pitch.. can't remember...gameplay is consistent and solid...Is everyone backhanding Spot? That shot is a real PITA for me currently...

Spot is a little b@stard is what he is!
Back handing him is then safest bet but still no guarantee that you wont get screwed.

#3062 4 months ago
Quoted from captainBR:

Well, I’m new and ignorant of the social structure around here. I thought I had lurked around long enough, and the people at TPF were great, nice, helpful, welcoming... I thought that I was ready to play with the wizards at Pinside. I really don’t know enough about anything pinball, and apparently admitting ignorance and asking for honest advice around here gets you kicked in the teeth by some. I’d hoped that maybe fora had grown up in the past 30 years... Silly me, I know that most people don’t mature past the age of 12, and newbs will always get flamed! :-p
Anyway, from the very little bit of information I can find about play field protectors (It took me forever just to figure out what PF meant and that they were called “playfield protectors”), it looks like this is a giant religious debate. sigh.
I appreciate you advising me to just do whatever I think is right, but I really have no idea what is right. I don’t understand why a brand new pinball machine would not be delivered ready to play, and to survive thousands of games. Maybe pinball machine manufacturers are deliberately building in short lifespans so the resale value will plummet, and we’ll have to keep buying more and more new machines; Or maybe playfield protector manufacturers are over exaggerating the damage done by simply playing an unprotected machine. I don’t have a clue. I think that I’ve gleaned that not every machine is the same, and some may need a PF protector, while others may not. I do know that on some of my favorite machines from the 1990s the ball bounces around in crazy ways, even hopping OVER the flipper or bouncing up and hitting the glass sometimes. Is that from “dimpling”? It is certainly not the way they played in the 1990s when new.
Maybe this is too general (and religiously charged) a question for this thread, but I had hoped that as knowledgeable Munsters owners there might be specific advice for this specific machine to keep it in good condition for years of fun play. At this point I’ll probably not bother adding anything to mine, and maybe it’ll be fine; maybe it’ll be trash by Christmas.
If anybody wants to help me out here with some sage advice, I’d love to hear what you have to say, particularly if it encourages me to do something simple that will save a lot of trouble later, or to save my time, money, and worry, and just get on with playing!
Pax,
CAP

Hi Captain, most people don't like playfield protectors because they say it changes the way that the game plays or feels. I cannot confirm or deny this because i have never played a game that has a playfield protector on it.

What i can confirm though is that you are never going to trash your games playfield in your lifetime probably because these games are made to last for many many years in arcades and your home use only game just isnt going to see the kind of play that a location game does.

I am probably more picky than 99% of the people on this forum and i dont use playfield protectors and i dont see any reason to. Yes your game is going to dimple but the more you play it the better it will look when it does, and you cant really see the dimples anyways unless you are in perfect light at the perfect angle so who cares?

You are over thinking this way too much trust me. These games are not museum pieces. They are meant to be played and a steel ball is slowly going to beat it up over the years but you are talking many many years and more plays than you will ever put on it probably. Its seriously nothing to worry about. Just keep your game cleaned and waxed and you will be fine.

#3065 4 months ago
Quoted from captainBR:

That’s what I was looking for. Thanks y’all for the quick, thorough, and kind responses!
I need to research “dimpling” and “mylars” now, and how they’re different from Cliffys.

Please dont research dimpling because it will make your head spin and scare you to death lol. Seriously buddy, don't worry about dimpling because it's not a big deal. Also when you buy a game new it will come with protective strips of mylar in areas that see heavy wear like in front of scoops and stuff.

Seriously though, you read these dimpling threads and you see pictures that are all blown up and distorted in perfect light conditions and you are like OMG OMG THAT IS TERRIBLE!! Well some of those pics are made to look as bad as possible by the person that took them. I promise you brother that its nothing to worry about.

When you worry that much about that kind of stuff you cant enjoy your game because your freaked out all the time and theres no need for it. You could always get a new playfield down the road if you wore yours out, but you arent going to play it that much i am sure. Just grab a beer, play some pinball, relax and enjoy!

#3067 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Just because you haven’t seen playfields damaged early in their lifespan doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. I saw enough credible examples a couple years ago that showed me it was enough of a problem to consider. Maybe my playfield isn’t one of the ones impacted but I don’t care and don’t worry about it now - mine’s protected.
Get a new playfield down the road? Installing a protector is a fraction of time, trouble, and expense of buying a new playfield and doing a playfield swap (or paying someone to do it).

Im not going to argue or start a debate about it because i dont want to ruin the Munsters owners thread because this is a great thread and the playfield debate is for another thread.

I am of the opinion though that they are not necessary. Of course there are playfields that get damaged early in life, there are also new babies that die, but its rare. There was a rough period of time for stern playfields about 3 years ago when Ghostbusters came out, we all know that but this is 3 years later and the playfield quality of late has been outstanding.

He ask for opinions and i gave him mine and you gave him yours. He can take peoples opinions and decide for himself on what to do. I dont think they are needed though and im not putting one on my games.

#3082 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Using a protector on Munsters can also have other advantages.
If you use a protector for the Pro on a Premium (or LE), maybe even removing the window before installation you not only protect the playfield, but avoid the window cloudiness issues and return the ball speed to the game lost when the lower playfield window is not perfectly aligned. Based on my observations when playing a Pro and a Premium next to each other the playfield window not only reduces ball speed but can cause changes in direction because of the gaps inherent with the window.
Stern didn’t add that warning because a few people complained about minor dimpling. CYA indeed. I have seen no evidence that recent playfields are any less prone to the severe dimpling first seen 2-3 years ago. Will it eventually “even out” with play? To some extent of course, but (a) still quite noticeable and (b) it will take practically forever in a home environment.
I respect Who-Dey’s opinion, but, as he admits, it is advice without the benefit of experience. Using a playfield protector is not a knock on a specific game. It is easy, inexpensive, easily reversible insurance that protects the most visible (and arguably important) part of the game. When new games cost as much as they do now I see no reason to play playfield roulette. I’ll let others take that risk.

Im not going to knock anyone that uses a playfield ptotector thats for sure because i think people should do whatever makes them feel good to their games. One of my best friends on pinside uses playfield protectors on all of his games. It makes him feel better about his games and im happy for him. Im sure he respects my opinion not to use them just as much as i respect his opinion to use them. I would like to play a game with one just to see if it plays different so i could have a better opinion of it. I still dont think it would change my mind and get me to use them though because the dimpling just doesn't bother me. I could almost see them being used more for protecting older games that you didn’t want to see get any more wear on them.

#3123 4 months ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Torx - Good to know. Thank goodness they didn't use Apples hard to obtain bits

Torx T-10 for the playfield window.

#3124 4 months ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

DAZAMN!!! I am envious of your skill.

Lol not many skills here and im not really sure how good that really is? I just know that its my biggest one yet. I had 7 jackpots saved and then i lit the playfield multipliers for 6X. Getting the jackpots sounds easy but it isn't. I can't get the feel for the dragula shot to save my life.

#3133 4 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wish you could truly see how beautiful Hooked shooter plate looks on this game w my lit shooter rod...An amazing understatement of class...This machine is just drop dead gorgeous!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks killer MK!

#3142 4 months ago

This game man if it wasn’t a comedy I would want to kick the door in and chop the thing up sometimes I love it too much

Just one more reason this game sucks, it.makes you want to kick the coin door in and chop it up into pieces! Im heading over to the Munsters hype thread right now to give the haters something else to bitch about!

#3146 4 months ago

It’s fast fast fast anybody blows this game up I am impressed
I will just keep hiding out in Grandpas lab

Oh yeah and speaking of Grndpas lab, the shots are too hard to hit and they don't give you enough time. Just another reason i hate this game!

#3148 4 months ago

Man fuck this
Ya it sucks I am gonna dump it for 8,200 and jump on Wonka Hahahaha
NOT
(Not trying to start crap please let’s not start crap oh well what the hell I want to start some crap Wonka can’t touch the big man Herman)

Im just going to keep mine. Nobody would buy the turd anyways.

In the mean time though im going to try and keep cashing in jackpots! Whats your biggest jackpot you've cashed out on Spaceman?

#3151 4 months ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

LOL. That hate thread is a joke, this was said about Met, Woz, Twd, SW etc....
How much you want to bet this game turns into a must buy for many down the road in addition to all who has been buying them up now.
I think it’s more of the dislike of Dwight then it is about the game in realitity. Many feel and rightfully so from what they seen from GB. Well if he did screw up there hopefully learned from his mistakes and corrected his ways or maybe Gary needs to part ways with him then. I think because of the huge following, the code will see some perks and much polishing otherwise is just like have a Lamborghini running on only five cylinders.

Yup agree with you. I think it will all be just fine in the end. I know my game busted my balls all night last night. I couldnt get anything going at all. It was draino city game after game!

#3155 4 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have made my desires known several posts back that I like this Munsters. It is on my wish list. Space and budget are the enemy, although I have been toying with idea of calling Marco and seeing if I can a show-demo discount.
That said, my short experience with pinball machines are my early solid states I have been learning how to repair and keep running. It has been a never-ending learning experience for the last three years.
I don't hang out on the other Stern boards. I'm not interested in any others. But I have been smitten with Munsters.
I know nothing about the electronics on these newer Sterns. So, where you all go when you experience a problem, when something breaks, etc? At some point Stern will cut you loose and you are on your own. Where do you go for help? Do you pray you have a local tech that makes house calls? Or maybe a tech wizard on Pinside can save you?
How do you deal with problems on this newer stuff? Where are the trouble shooting guides? For example, the Pro I have gotten to play at Cactus Jacks has a broken Zap button; It lights up but does nothing when you push it. It did work on my first stop. It did not on my 2nd and 3rd trip. How do you isolate and fix something like that?
Thanks.

Most things can be fixed with basic repair skills Cotton but its definitely nice to have someone who repairs games in your area or to get to know some local pinheads in your area that can help you, because most pinheads have good repair skills. I have learned to do most repairs on my own but im lucky enough to have met alot of great people in this hobby that would help me if needed. One friend in particular lives very close to me does pinball repair and he can do everything so im extremely lucky to have all of these people in my corner. I honestly couldn’t have got started in this hobby if it wasn't for these people and i still need their help sometimes. Reach out and try to make friends with local pinheads in your area is my best advice.

#3156 4 months ago

I don’t think i have broke 10 mill
My wife had a 14 mill

Save up at least 5 or 6 jackpots or more if its early in the game and then keep nailing kitty to get your 6X multipliers up and then cash in for a big payout!

#3163 4 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

For those interested, we are happy to announce that we are a supplier of the Pingraffix Power bladez. We currently have a few sets for the Munsters Pro and LE available on our site. It's a very impressive and cool looking product with plug and play installation.
We are running a small promotion where the bladez ship for just $4.99 within the U.S.
https://lermods.com/products/the-munsters-pro-le-powerbladez-by-pingraffix

Those are pretty sweet!

#3165 4 months ago

Congrats Hockeymag, Wear it out tonight buddy! Munster Madness or bust!

#3180 4 months ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

How do I tell how many games are played on the premium?

Go to audits and it should be somewhere around #10 under standard audits i think give or take a few spots.

#3183 4 months ago

Man I tried.i really did.
PH56 you are a better player than I .The big man Herman I just couldn’t blow him up
PINHEAD wanted me to go next well that’s easy it has to be Zap Champion.
Is there any other? I don’t think so
Maybe Spot
Let’s see people collect tons of zaps
I have no photo of my score on Zaps
Honestly until tonight I haven’t paid much attention to stacking or playing around with that or rules
I still have been just trying to shoot good games,trying to get MM and enjoying the show
The rules are actually pretty interesting when you pay attention to what your doing and understand what’s going on
I was until now canceling out Dragula to stop the shaker and I like the faint voice that says “jackpot” when you cancel ha ha
I nominate Who Dey to go next and I thank him for pumping my spirits up from jump and welcoming me into this group
I will try to start blowing this thing up but again just still enjoying the ride

I really enjoy trying to get a big super jackpot. I had 7 of them built up last night and had a really big game going and couldn't cash them in. It sucked but thats what makes the game exciting. You gotta get the super jackpots built up, then get your multipliers built up by hitting kitty which is a bitch since it dont register a hit but about half the time, and then you gotta hit that damn dragula shot which is impossible for me seems like. It can be frustrating but it can be very satisfying also and its a big challenge to do it. I love it.

#3194 4 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I think who-dey means that the ball somtimes sneaks to the right of the Kitty target and finds itself in the pops.
At least that what happens to me.

Yup this exactly. Nothing wrong with the game, the shot was designed to be hard like this. Its kind of cool but ticks you off at the same time. Its got to be a very precise shot or it doesn't hit the kitty target.

#3214 4 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

Yep, my LE came with a sheet of anti-reflective glass. The pin has such a stunning pf- looks fantastic with the upgraded glass.

Yeah yeah rub it in why don't ya!

#3222 4 months ago
Quoted from epjohn68:

Had my new toy a week and my brother comes down and does this
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Make him leave and never invite him back over.

I want some of those apron cards.

#3239 4 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

JD killing it on the stream!!! insane action.....

Quoted from Rum-Z:

He said earlier he was gonna shoot for 6pm Central/7pm Eastern, but it's a hectic week as he's moving all the pins and stuff into his new location, so it looks like he's running behind. I've got it on his Twitch channel waiting for him to go live right now.

Cant wait to watch this stream. Got a little work to do and i will be tuning in.

#3245 4 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Yep, they ran out of them!

That could definitely be a problem.

#3248 4 months ago
Quoted from gac:

Question... since these won't be built right away, will they install the latest software code when they are finally built and shipped or do they send them out with earlier code? Just curious.

The next batch that is built should ship with the newest code.

#3260 4 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Ok Spaceman, I took the challenge, Zap Champion started with Who-Dey to step up and challenge others and then pick the next Pinside Munsters owner to set the next challenge. Going to start working on those Zap's to up the number some. Let's go guys, start posting your Zap scores!
[quoted image]

I will post a new challenge next week, remind me in case i forget please. When i turn my game on afterwhile i will also post my zap jackpot for this weeks challenge.

#3262 4 months ago
Quoted from drained:

Noticed on the DF stream with the Prem when a ball was stuck on the lower playfield the chat and DF mentioned a rail Stern is adding to LP, and can be requested if you don't have one. Anyone know what this is about ?

This is something we definitely need to find out about.

#3264 4 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Ok Spaceman, I took the challenge, Zap Champion started with Who-Dey to step up and challenge others and then pick the next Pinside Munsters owner to set the next challenge. Going to start working on those Zap's to up the number some. Let's go guys, start posting your Zap scores!
[quoted image]

Here is mine....not very good so far.

20190423_174052 (resized).jpg
#3268 4 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I regained my honor. My son no longer has the grand champion on my Munsters pin. I had my best game ever. Just got this zap jackpot tonight. [quoted image]

Dang Rick, 21 million! I think we may have a winner here.

#3274 4 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Wow Rick, you set that Zap bar pretty high, great score! This game does rock, I'm having just as much fun working the invidual scoring modes as trying to set overall high scores. If things work out I might have my Premium in a couple weeks. Keep those Zap scores rolling in everyone.

We should make Rick reset all of his scores and start over.

#3284 4 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I"m getting tired of just sitting here reading about you all jazzing about your Munsters. I'm just getting tired tired tired; I cant stand it anymore. I'm gonna get me one of these Munsters. Come hell or high water !

I hope you can get one soon Cotton, or whatever else that comes out that you may like better. Theres a couple good games coming from what i am hearing.

#3302 4 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

That looks terrible.

Agree

#3304 4 months ago

Does anyone know when the topper for this game will be available?

#3317 4 months ago

The scoop isn’t lose, don’t appear bent nor is there any broken welds, and the protector looks fine and is flat. Any ideas?

Here’s my idea, PLAY BETTER!!

Lol just kidding, mine does the same exact thing and backhanding the ball with the right flipper seems to be the only way to make it stick in there. My bubble is also about exactly where yours is at. I like Chuckwurts idea but i think that a piece of ball dead drop foam would work better. I have a few minutes before i have to go to work so let me experiment and i will report back in a bit.

#3321 4 months ago

Ok i put the dead drop foam in and i couldn't really decide at what point of the scoop that the ball was hitting so i just lined pretty much the entire inside of the scoop except for a small section near the bottom. Probably not needed or ideal but you dont really notice it (unless you have the scoop lit up with a scoop light mod) so who cares.

I found that it definitely helped alot. Its still not 100% but i dont know of any other scoops that are either, it is definitely a worthy improvement though and i recommend doing it. I also lowered the back of my game down (after i had already tested the scoop) just to see if it got any better and to see how it plays. It didn't make the scoop rejects any better or worse and im undecided on gameplay at this point until i can put more time in on it. It does seem like it helps with the accuracy of the lower playfield though.

Here are a few pics of the foam that i added to give you an idea of what i did. Sorry for the crappy pics, my phone camera isnt the greatest.
Screenshot_2019-04-24-21-54-38 (resized).png20190424_211314 (resized).jpg20190424_211355 (resized).jpg

#3326 4 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thx
FYI your protector is coming up in the front left corner- or at least it looks that way in the pictures.

Thanks, i did not see that. Ive only got about 200 ish plays on it i think. Looks like trouble ahead.

#3329 4 months ago
Quoted from captainBR:

who-dey did you torque Grandpa down too hard and spiderweb the shinkydink plastic?

No it must have came that way from the factory. Im gonna have to take a look at that and if thats not just an illusion that the camera caused i will get me a new one!

#3331 4 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Grandpa scoop rejections are primarily due to the fact that the depth of the scoop is to shallow causing the ball to pop out. Adding some foam as Who-Dey did will help take some energy out of the ball when it makes contact with the scoop. But in my opinion the scoop rejects are mainly due to the depth being to shallow.

I think you are correct. Stern scoops always seem to have a lot of rejects, especially if the shot is far away.

#3333 4 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I have put many a shot smack in the middle of that scoop and watched it jump out time after time even when the ball speed isnt that fast. Like most who have had their frustration level go up with that scoop I opt to shoot it with the right flipper to reduce the amount of potential rejections.

Yup same here buddy. With that foam in there though it is sticking much better now than it used to so im not nearly as scared to shoot at it with my left flipper as i was.

#3335 4 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Does anyone have the link to Jack Dangers new Munster Premium stream, done this week?

Here you go.Thunderbird.

http://www.twitch.tv/deadflip/v/415058594?sr=a&t=63s

#3337 4 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Captain, I do not yet own a Munsters (but I'm working on it). This is why I have to ask the questions that I ask. I think there is a simple fix for the mimi-ball that is getting stuck in the lower play field and I think there is a solution for the scoop problem but I don't have a pin in front on me to figure it out.

Ive only had a total of 3 balls stuck in the lower playfield so its really not a huge issue but it does suck when it happens. I think the flippers being on soft helps because balls arent flying around as much as they would be on hard.

#3341 4 months ago

Great video, love the " I summon you all here tonight......" Awesome
Trying the soft Velcro route as Chuck suggested, maybe not as much as Who-Dey used but we'll see.
Who-Dey if I played better then I'll just have to go post hate in the worse code ever thread lol. (j/k) love this game

I had to play a little after work this morning and i just cant believe i am having so much fun with a game that has such horrible code. I just couldn’t stop hitting the start button. I guess that I’m easy to please.

I think i may like the way the game plays now better since i put the bubble right in the center of the sight glass and decreased the slope a little. The lower playfield shoots more accurately and the game just feels smoother seems like. I love this shitty game!

#3361 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Who-Dey,
From your pic, it looks like you can hook a fingernail underneath that scoop? Can you?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Not sure, im gonna have to look at it. It does appear to be bent up a little bit though. Gotta check out my Grandpa plastic also and see if they cracked it by over tightening it. I may just ask for a whole new playfield replacement.

#3394 3 months ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I think anyone that was lucky enough to have grown up in this era will appreciate the good job Stern did with this game. Some just won't get it and that's OK.
I was lucky enough to play Munster's at an arcade 2 months ago and was blown away! Great theme and execution. I went back yesterday and my high score was still there. Also played Iron Maiden and really liked it as well. Deadpool is a really great game as well but I'm a little too old for the theme. I grew up in the Beatles era. Speaking of Beatles, this was the game that got me back into the pinball buying business. I really, really wanted to like it and theme wise it's good but I realized it's not for me. I couldn't put my finger on it but later realized there is a lack of ramps and I guess I'm a ramp guy. Anyway, check out Deadpool if you're middle age(it's really good) As for me I'll be buying a Munsters pro and a Iron Maiden prof unless Who Dey steers me in another direction. I like what Stern is doing. I thought pinball might be dead a few years ago but it's only changing to more home sales and less arcade. It's great to have pinball around, I'm retired now and it's about the only thing I really enjoy.

Munsters and IMDN are both really fun games in my opinion. Who knows what is coming out next though. It seems like they just keep pumping out fun games.

#3397 3 months ago

Wizard mode after MM2

I would never be able to see that.

#3408 3 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Anyone happen to have extensive gametime on all three models (or Pro together with Premium/LE)? Interested in hearing which model you prefer and why.

All the models are fun but the lower playfield is really nice in my opinion. I hate lower playfields and i was going to get a pro and some of my friends told me that the lower playfield was awesome so i took a chance and changed my order from a pro to a premium and im glad that i did because this game is a dream theme for me. I love this game and i just got done playing it and it kicked my ass all nite. I couldn’t get anything going tonight, the game is quite a challenge and its not an easy game. I love my Munsters Premium.

#3423 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You think everything leaving the factory is 100%? Did you buy yours NIB? Or was it a floor model checked out by your dealer?
Have you ever worked on an assembly line? I have. Assembly lines are not pictures of perfection. Things break and have to be replaced once the unit has left the line and is in a “recovery area”.
Every new car at every dealership goes through “new car detail” where final adjustments are made like adjusting headlights.
So, a switch has gone out of adjustment. There may be reasons to be bitching about problems with a new pinball machine. This is not one of them.

These games get beat up pretty good during shipping. Semis dont ride like Cadillacs thats for sure.

#3429 3 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I have a Pro with 525 games on it now, love it and have got the game play down pretty good. That said I had the opportunity to play an LE a few weeks ago (about 12 games), and was able to get some extensive play on the lower playfield. That was enough play to confirm for me that I wanted to upgrade to a Premium. It just added another dimension to what is already a great game. I plan on keeping this game in my collection for a long time so for me it was worth upgrading. I think anyone who has a Pro and likes it and has a chance to play a Premium or LE will find it just that much better and enjoyable.
If all goes well I'll be posting photos of my Premium in a couple weeks.

This game rocks, cant wait to see the pics of your new game when you get it!

#3434 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I hit the road tonight. When I get home I have to figure out where I am going to squeeze in a Munsters I just bought.
At TPF, I played Alice Cooper and liked it. I also played Octoberfest and I liked, too. And I was able to get several games in on The Beatles. I really like The Beatles.
But I liked Munsters enough clean out the bank account and buy one.
I think what really did it for me was that orbit shot and that right hand 180 degree ramp. Plus it is just god damned fast.
Oh, and about the time I turned 16 I started washing dishes for a night job. There was not much time for TV and the most I ever saw of The Munsters was about 10 minutes worth.

Congratulations Cotton on your new game buddy! You made the right choice out of all those that you mentioned i think. When will you get your game?

#3444 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Expect to pick it up Tuesday and be home by Thursday.
I mentioned earlier that is is fast. But it is also flipper friendly enough that so-so player like myself can drop a coin and feel like I got my money’s worth.

Thats awesome Cotton, can't wait until you get it all set up. A word of warning though, this game is not always friendly lol. Sometimes it will kick your ass all nite long and leave you standing there scratching your head and cussing lmao.

#3454 3 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

We will all sleep better now.

Not me, he's got me all depressed and wanting to sell my game now!

#3457 3 months ago

I'll give you 1200.00 delivered, that's fair as you know the code is the "Worst Code Eva" .....

I gotta at least have 2500 because I have a premium.

#3462 3 months ago

In all seriousness now, really like that 9 piece plastic protector set from Little Shop of Games here on Pinside. Adds a nice splash of color as well but photos don’t do it any justice.[quoted image]

I like the green protectors alot. I hope to put them on my Munsters and my MET both.

Oh wait, im selling my Munsters, i forgot!

#3464 3 months ago

What no protectors on the Munsters, I need to retract my offer of 1200.00 and now offer 1100.00 lol.
The protectors fit well, Herman and grandpa are a pain no lie, took about an hours time to do both. Just take your time and it goes easy.
The only screws or nuts that were a little issue was the nuts on the slings and the screws to the outline plastics. The nuts just barely grab but they are holding on by a turn or two, and the screws grabbed by a thread or two but all in all it’s fine.

Sounds like a bear to get those on. Is it a 6 pack job or a 12 pack job? I need to prepare myself in advance.

#3468 3 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Munster Madness on the PreLE is one of the coolest modes I've played. I don't really see it as a wizard mode - more of a regular mode. So it should be achievable every few games like it is IMO.
There's a lot to like about the code on Munsters. There are some really great moments - like MM. Like Spot Jackpots when you complete - right ramp, left spot bash combo, like cashing out 6 SJP's with 5X running, like no ball save on Raven MB, but being able to re-start if you can hit the ramp in time, like building up Zap jackpots.
We just need more of it.

Spot on brother! Spot and Raven are great modes, heck i think Herman is even great but what do i know? I like when you are in Multiball and you have to cancel out the jackpots while trying to not lose your balls at the same time, that shit is pretty fun also. Very fun game snd its addicting as hell. Its not perfect and it could use a little more code, but its still great fun. I can't stop playing the damn thing so it must not be too bad.

#3471 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I picked up my Munsters this afternoon. Everything works. It is a thing of beauty. I’m not worried about code.
What really has me shaking my head is that, what I assume is a cost saving measure, is that the on-off switch is located waaaaaay in the back on the bottom of the back box. With this configuration I will either need to drill a hole in the bottom of the cabinet and rewire the switch, or I will have to resort to installing the power cable to an extension cord that I can plug and unplug when I need to the pin on or off.
It is ridiculous way to save money and I give Stern a big fat fail for this bit of mediocracy.

Haha you haven't bought a new game in awhile have you Cotton? You will be having so much fun that you will forget all about that switch buddy.

#3475 3 months ago
Quoted from Delta9:

New Munsters topper finally finished pm if interested thank you

Nicely done!

#3485 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I like it. But it looks washed in color. What is that noise?

Probably just the camera making it look that way I'm guessing. The noise you are hearing is top secret. If he told you what it is he would have to kill you.

#3511 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, I lied. I did not buy a Premium.
Someone was tired of their LE so I snapped it up. My neighbor is at work and i need help to unload. Plus it has been raining while I was away and today it is overcast with light sprinkles. The rain could let loose anytime. Hoping the sun shines tomorrow.
And, yes, this is my first "new" pin. I'm sure I will have some questions once I get up and running.
Here is a peek.
[quoted image]

Wow an LE, very nice brother!

You are going to love it Cotton.

#3524 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm guessing to use these Alexa plugs I have to buy an Amazon Alexa? Correct?
===============================
K.I.S.S Engineering
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle
"The principle is best exemplified by the story of Johnson handing a team of design engineers a handful of tools, with the challenge that the jet aircraft they were designing must be repairable by an average mechanic in the field under combat conditions with only these tools. "
===================================================
The engineering that replaced a nice solid lockdown bar with a couple spring straps I would call cost cutting engineering. Instead of a Cadillac you now have a Yugo. It works but it could be better; Be more robust.
This switch being moved to an inaccessible location, ostensibly to cut costs, is something I would qualify as stick-it-to-your-customer type engineering. The equivalent would be to remove the starter from your car and replace it with a Model T hand crank. It is a step backwards.
Don't get me wrong. I am going to enjoy this game. I'm not sorry I bought it, but this unnecessary switch movement business pisses me off.

I dont know why but i love the lockdown bars now compared to the older games. Im kinda weird though sometimes.

#3538 3 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Despite what that other thread says... It's not made of shit.

Exactly, only the code is made of shit, not the actual game.

#3541 3 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

LoL.. You must have read that other thread. I made the mistake of posting in it, only to realize that was not a constructive thread.

Yeah thats what i was talking about, all the haters over there. I played a few games last nite and had a great time, bad code and all.

#3542 3 months ago

Well if Stern did indeed tell Dwight to revisit and rework the code, then it was constructive....by accident lol.

We will probably get some more i have a feeling. I still love the game the way it is now but a little more would be the icing on the cake. Then ALL of the haters would if course rush out and buy this game.......yeah right!

#3547 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

("poor player", "must be rich", etc.).

That and "you guys just keep on buying this crap that they keep putting out there. They wont stop making shitty games as long as everyone keeps buying them" "You guys are ruining the hobby"

#3558 3 months ago

Cotton you need this to help get the balls unstuck in the lower playfield buddy. Just make sure that you power down the game when you have to use it. I wouldn't lean the game over like that, too many bad things can happen.

https://www.pinballlife.com/telescoping-magnet-tool.html

You just raise the playfield and stick it between the plastic fins on the side of the lower playfield and the ball will stick to the magnet and remove it from the area that its stuck in.

#3561 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I thought I recognized the voice that taunts me when the ball drains.
"Already? You lost the ball already?"
"You got to be kidding me? Right? "
It is Paul Lynde.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001489/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t10

Yup he was the doctor on Munsters.

#3582 3 months ago

Nice game Spaceman. Way better than anything ive put up so far!

#3583 3 months ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Just got my premium and setting it up. Came here and searched for the suggested incline and found 6.5 to 7.2? Also, is the bubble on the playfield worth anything? Is it installed backwards or something? I would have to raise the FRONT legs to get it in the middle and flatten the playfield out. lol

Your bubble must be installed backwards, can you post a pic? The incline should be between 6.5 and 7.0 probably.

#3593 3 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Was playing my game this evening and was having one of my best games ever, then this happened. Broken connection on the micro switch Grandpa’s scoop, game over baby as any shots made to the scoop would not register. Going to order a new switch as the lug broke off the switch, no way to fix that kind of failure.
[quoted image][quoted image]
When I install the new switch I will most likey use some non formaldehyde silicone (for electronics) around the wiring and base of the switch to stabilize that connection so this doesn't happen again. Having one of these micro switches on hand as a spare might be a good idea for any others out there as this might be one of those areas that fatigue after so many games or hits to that scoop.

You blew the game up John....literally!

#3626 3 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Well As some may know from reading my last post my micro switch broke on Grandpa's scoop last Friday. Was really bummed out I couldn't play the game, then got to thinking, hey my Ghostbusters has the same scoop, why not just take the switch out of that game until I get a replacement from Stern. So that's what I did today, rapped my Ghostbusters to get my Munster's back on line, that's how addicting this game is for me.
Well then it happened, with the game back on line on my 4th game today this happened, best game ever! Lasted about 30 minutes. My game is set up for 5 ball play, and I got two extra balls during the game. I heard sounds coming from the game I hadn't heard before, and I was making all the right shots, I was in the zone! It might not ever happen again, but it was a shit load of fun!
While I was at it I changed out the balls that came with the game as they were all flat spotted, look at the photo I took of one of the balls, you can see small facets on it. Maybe changing to some new balls was the key to my great score, most likely not and more luck than anythimg else!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unbelievable.....wow! Are you on the latest code or the original code Pinhead?

#3637 3 months ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Love the lower playfield. A VUK with wire form, an orbit, a plastic ramp, a bash toy, and a multi-ball. Plus awesome artwork.
In my opinion, the best mini-playfield out there. Is the reason I bought the game.

Its the only lower playfield that ive ever liked period.

#3650 3 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thanks, that explains it then. So if I upload the new code most of the scoring opportunity shifts to M/Madness level II correct?

So it sounds like your game would have been about 10 million on the new code John?

Just kidding buddy, still a great game you had!

#3661 3 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hell no, you are way low on your estimate. I'm thinking more like 10 million 150 thousand
I'm lol Who-Dey, and here I thought I had a break out game, when in reality it was shit. Wish I could have that kind of software bug fall upon a slot machine when I'm in Vegas

Im just messing with you buddy. You still had a great game im sure, but we just don’t know what it was.

#3671 3 months ago
Quoted from Ven:

Fingers crossed, been holding onto ours in hopes for a major update "rewrite hopefully" in the nearish future.

I hate to tell you this but from everything i am hearing that’s definitely not going to happen. I hope my sources are wrong but im pretty certain that they aren't.

#3687 3 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thoughts? Only 19 days ago....[quoted image]

Damn what a bummer! I thought Spaceman would never sell his game.

#3692 3 months ago

Oh shit ya that sorry I was watching the St Louis Blues game.
I don’t know I still love the game just kinda of all the negative stuff kinda taking the fun out of it for me
So freaking polarizing kinda got me down
I am and have been building my collection over from scratch centered around this game it’s the most beautiful game I’ve ever seen
Plus I got an email from someone involved in the game and I didn’t really care for their response
Who knows maybe I will change my mind

I know people who let other peoples opinion influence their opinion. Don't do that because some people on this site hate on every new stern that comes out. I think they hate pinball period. I have a lot of fun with this game and i could care less what the haters say. Is it my best game? Nope but its a hell of a lot of fun and very addicting.

#3696 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

someone was talking about how Munsters is just a Metallica or AC-DC with another fan type layout.

And thats supposed to be a bad thing? I'll take a game that compares to AC DC or MET all day long.

#3699 3 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

The multipliers go 2x,3x,6x(both lit)you need to keep hitting kitty every once in a while or the multiplier times out.

This is correct. ^^^

#3711 3 months ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Finally the arcade near me replaced the Munsters Pro (which I absolutely loved!) with a premium. The premium looks stunning! But I'm an old guy and just plain like the clunky feel of a heavy ball and large flipper. So though the lower playfield adds to dimension of the game I'm sticking with a pro with for my purchase this September (when I have expanded space) I think Musters is the best new Stern as to theme and playability. My problem is the which 2nd machine to buy. In top running is Iron Maiden (premium), Deadpool (pro), or Black Knight(air ball city but land inbounds) so anyone looking for a new game should give these a try. The new Sterns are really great!

I like IMDN out of the three you mentioned but dont forget you have Elvira 3 coming the fall and possibly Jurassic World coming up next. CGC also has three great games available in MMR, MBR, and AFMR

#3731 3 months ago

Making if the Munsters pinball machine Youtube video. Check it out! 1956PINHEAD just told about it.

#3734 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Picked up my Munsters LE today. Guy I bought it from had played it maybe 10 times. I have played 30+ games on it in the past 6 hours. What a blast! Dont really know a lot of the rules and strategy yet, but the ramps, Herman and Dragula are fun as $%#@$. And the lower playing field (which I was not crazy about after playing 3-4 games on a premium), holy crap, you get going on it, get some extra time, get the multi ball, it's a ton of fun! Looking forward to adding a few mods and getting better on it. It brings a smile to my 62 yo face everytime!

This game is fun and addicting..sounds like you really scored a reat machine there! Congrats and welcome to the club!!!

#3737 3 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

30mil super Jackpot score tonight

It feels good when you cash in a nice one.like that! Not as easy as it sounds like either is it?

#3738 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Thanks! I was slightly leaning towards DP, but this one showed up, and I think it will have more appeal to my clan (2 yo to 60's) lol! Plus had my wife cussing like a sailor tonight when she played, so it's a good one!!!

I hear DP is really good now but so is Munsters so you did well and i would guess at your age that you like the Munsters theme more than Deadoool also right? The theme alone on Munsters still has me smiling and always will.

#3742 3 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Pro loaded up and heading out tomorrow to swap it out for my Premium. Been looking forward to this day for 4 weeks now. Going to be a couple days before I can get the new game set up, no one available to help me unload it [quoted image]

Call everyone that you know and if that don't work try and find a you guy in the neighborhood and flip him a little cash to help you.

#3751 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds like the game is working correctly until the hurry up starts. In the past I thought it just let you collect the hurry up, but didn’t hold the magnet.
I assume this was the second time you got to the hurry up before playing Munster Madness?

Mine holds the ball also and then releases it so i think its working correctly

#3752 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Haha, yes, Munster theme is a big plus, and something more people seem able to relate to and/or enjoy. B day coming up, have asked for the complete DVD collection of the tv show (Walmart, $25 or so)....thought that would be fun to have and a nice compliment to the game!

Yes it is a nice compliment to the game for sure. Most of us kids here went out and bought the DVD collection.

#3754 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well I’d say if people are getting sdtm on that hurry up it would be better for the game to pulse in that moment instead of a hold and drop. The magnet is off center so not sure how it can drop sdtm, but maybe it can.

Mine isnt doing that or i would be complaining too. I will play it tonight and pay more attention and see what happens.

#3764 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah. Please keep an eye on yours. I don't mind the ball being held during the Hurry Up. But for it to just let the ball drop SDTM is not acceptable.
Actually, it is behaving exactly the same when you are going for the Herman Multi-ball. If you fail to knock the ball off the magnet for Herman multi-ball, the magnet will timeout and drop the ball. But you don't really notice it because the game shifts into Multi-ball anyway, so as your magnet ball gets dropped SDTM it is being followed by a multi-ball session. The SDTM action is there; you just don't notice it. But with Hurry Up only, noticed it.
It is not something I would want happening if I was in an arcade.

Exactly.
If anybody else can duplicate what I am experiencing I could contact Stern to have a look. But I don't want to be waving a pitchfork for something I think I'm seeing.

I will look at it tonight and get back with you..

#3790 3 months ago

Ive played this game around 400 games now i believe and i have fun everytime i play it and i thought to myself many times.....where is all this hate coming from?

This game in a 1-3 pin collection would maybe get a little old after awhile unless you really loved the theme. In my case though i have 7 games and i absolutely LOVE the theme and i can tell you right now that mine isn't ever leaving, no way in hell. If i ever get tired of the code i will play something else and let it sit for awhile and come back to it later on. So far though that hasnt happemed and i can't stop hitting the start button.

Im not worried about what other people think though. All i know is i keep hitting the start button and smiling so thats all i care about. I can just look at this game and it makes me smile, i dont even have to play it. Its that beautiful!

#3792 3 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

My LE is my first.... and I love it! Although it continually kicks my butt.. I really wonder if all the haters have actually played it....and I doubt they own one....

Some people arent going to like the code and i can understand that totally but to act like this game is total shit is a bunch of baloney. Im pretty certain that anyone who thinks the code isn't deep enough can still have fun playing this game. Even if the code is shallow or not their cup of tea, the game still has great shots, its beautiful to look at, and what code is there is a lot of fun.

#3794 3 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

@ Who-Dey, we’re in the minority it would seem. (We lost Space-man to all the constant negativity).
I guess it can wear you down eventually.
Like Wonka, the anticipation was through the roof on Munsters.
This is such an amazing hobby and fortunately lots of choice now and coming from a growing number of manufacturers.

They arent wearing me down brother. This may not be my best pin code wise but its my favorite because of the theme, artwork, great shots, and the callouts. I love it.

#3816 3 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just listened to the latest SDTM podcast and the guys also couldn’t understand where all the hate for this game was coming from.
Makes me laugh in the other bitch thread how everyone complains about shallow code yet 99% of them could never get near to the end of “deep” games anyway.
Was playing Met and Munsters this afternoon and it was such a nice contrast. Compared to Munsters, Met almost seemed a grind to get anything going. Munsters was almost instant fun. Difficult to blow up, yet easy to start the fun.

Everyone wants to jump on the Stern bashing bandwagon, its the cool thing to do you know. I would say that 80% of the people bashing Munsters either haven’t played it, don’t understand the rules, or just hate the theme or stern etc. i dont mind someone saying they think Munsters sucks, its the people that keep going on and on about it that piss me off a little bit. Heck ive been guilty myself of some bashing when I shouldn’t have but i didnt go make threads about the game or go to the club thread and just be a f*cking total douche bag troll about it.

Sometimes you just have to give games a chance. I bashed Deadpool when it first came out. I saw the reveal stream and i thought it looked absolutely horrible. I even played it a couple of games after it came out and thought it sucked. Well tonight i have been to a friends house playing his Deadpool Premium and holy shit, that game is freakin awesome. Deadpool isnt a theme that i like and I wouldn't buy one because of that but damn i gotta say, it is a blast to play and i cant wait to go back to his house and play it again soon. People need to lose all of the hate and relax and have fun. You might be surprised at how much you like a game if you give it a chance.

#3818 3 months ago

Drops to the left flipper every time

Mine goes to the right flipper.

#3820 3 months ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I didn't even look at DP the game at all, no playing it, no viewing streams or even images as I absolutely hate the movies ( I know it ain't based on the movies), yet I recently bought the PREM and it's truly amazing and a great package.

It truly is a fantastic game. There are things i would change about it but over all its pretty damn sweet and its loads of fun.

#3840 3 months ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Not a hater, would just like a little more "Munsters" in my Munsters Pinball
[quoted image]

Dude no wonder you’re not happy, you didn’t get the black and white version!

#3852 3 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Removed my lower playfield glass today and used it as a template to make a mylar protector. It installed nicely over the glass using some distilled water and Johnsons baby shampoo mixed in a spray bottle. The solution allows the film to slip and move so that you can get it in perfect alignment/position, then squeegee out the solution to stick it in place. Let it dry for a couple hours and reinstalled it. Should make a big difference as the material I used is 'self healing', so it should last a long time. It's crystal clear with no hazing, well worth the time I spent doing it. I played the game several times after install and it didn't change a thing, all good.
I also made a rubber bumper similar to what Who-Dey did to his game for Grandpa’s scoop. It works great, no more ball smashing against the steel backing plate, nice and quite, no clunking. Ball ejects just fine. Loving the game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Mister i had a patent on that scoop idea. You will be hearing from my lawyer soon!

Nice work on that glass btw!

#3866 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Just saw the latest 'Top 100', can't believe Munsters went from 8th to 50.... Doesn't really matter, love my LE, family enjoys it, thats the bottom line....just surprises me.

It will probably even fall well below 50. That doesn't matter though, what matters is if YOU like it or not. Pinside ratings are very biased and unfair anyways so i wouldn't put too much into them.

#3870 3 months ago
Quoted from Ven:

Yep in the end all that matters is if you like it or not.
But at this point in time there are currently 220 ratings on Munsters as a group "Pro, Prem, LE" so It is hard to say that people are just being unfair to the machine. I know you are a staunch supporter of the game in it's current state but from the ratings I think a lot of people "including me" feel that the code on Munsters needs a bunch of work to make it a real gem.
I knew going in that I generally don't care for Dwight code but Munsters is one of those themes that I bought anyway based solely on the theme, game designer and artwork with hopes that Dwight would deliver something that I enjoyed. I just find it a rinse and repeat code that I play a game on here and there but can't say I think to myself "hey I want to go play Munsters". I am still holding onto it with hopes code changes despite Dwight saying it was done basically on release, I hope that someone at Stern will make it happen. Maybe we will luck out and Lyman will step in from the shadows and knock it out of the park.
I can with 100% certainty say this will be the last Dwight coded machine I ever buy before it is proven to be a well coded game, no matter what the theme is.

Yeah but out of all of those ratings how many of them do you think come from actual owners? How many of those ratings came from people that flipped it for 2 or 3 games at a barcade not having a clue about the code and being a 30 year old guy that doesnt like the theme and said ...meh this sucks? How many people rated this game low just because they are a f'ing Dick and wanted to give it a bad rating on purpose? Some games are rated very inaccurately trust me.

#3874 3 months ago
Quoted from Ven:

So why would Munsters be rated any differently than any other game on the list? No reason for anyone to hate it more than any other game out there, you don't see many new games released that drop that quickly unless it is somewhat warranted. I have had mine for over 100 days now and waited quite a while before I rated it, I ended up at a 7.67 I think on my rating.

Well it has its own hate thread that is fueled by 3 or 4 guys but there are other games that people dont like that do get rated the same way. Also these ratings are screwed up. I rated a few games and when it all came out i had games that were rated higher than games that they shouldn't have been rated higher than and i still do. Il

Let's take Munsters pro and TWD pro for example. We all know that TWD is a better game but the ratings munsters gets on its artwork, sound, and animations etc is probably going to put it higher than TWD. That's why i dont like the rating system because it doesnt reflect on how good the gameplay is. You are instead rating the entire package and you may end up having a mediocre game come out ahead of a killer game like TWD.

#3879 3 months ago

Munsters is a good game and its a GREAT game for people who love the theme. Yes more code would be nice obviously and i think it would maybe pull some people in who arent huge munsters fans because the playfield layout is pretty sweet.

#3884 3 months ago

You got 3 really great games Wotto. Munsters would honestly fit in well i think with those three. Im definitely not trying to talk you into buying one but thats my thoughts. Only you really know truthfully. I do love all three games that you have though.

#3920 3 months ago

This doesn’t bother me at all. It just gives premium owners that didnt want to or couldn’t afford to buy an LE a chance to pick their favorite art package. I wouldn’t be upset if i was an LE owner or a black and white premium owner either one.

#3934 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It loves you...Just in a different way...

Yeah like in a kick in the balls kind of way!

#3948 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Munster Madness: I keep reading that both play fields are active during MM. It is not this way on my LE. The lower flippers work but they are always active. But I see no lights and no balls on the mini-play field during MM.
Thoughts?

That is weird. Does your lower playfield ever work? Im assuming that it obviously does right?

#3950 3 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Was waiting for the color version to come out from day 1. Almost anyone that thought about it, knew Stern would release a premium color version too. After all, the color version artwork had already been completed. To my understanding, color was done first, then Chris tuned it for B&W.
While the B&W looks good, my biggest issue has been the lighting reflection eye strain of the large white background reflecting from the table lighting. Seen numerous people comment on this being an issue. The color version mostly absorbs this effect with no eye strain.

Im getting blind as a bat in my old age and i have no problem with anything like that at all. You get glare off of the back box light but you can turn that down to 10% during gameplay and the glare goes away. There is no glare other than that and the black and white just looks f'ing killer.

#3955 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes, my mini-play field works properly all of the time. It just does not rally during MM. I'll call support.

Yeah give them a call Cotton because that is very strange. I would like to know what is going on there.

#3957 3 months ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Like many, I bought the LE because it was the only version in color with the lower playfield. That's exactly how Stern positioned it.
My hard-earned purchase became less special when upping the LEs to 600. Gee, thanks Gary.
Even less special now.
The shame isn't on any previous buyers who 'should have known' they would do this. We purchased EXACTY how positioned by Stern.
The shame is on Stern for positioning it and timing it as they did, knowing all along they would be taking advantage of the early buyers.
Shitty move Stern.

Usually the playfields look the same anyway and you still got the other upgrades that come with an LE. I wouldn't let it upset me too much, these games arent investments any how. Just enjoy it and play the hell out if it. Small taters in this big world of yams!

#3959 3 months ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

I agree. Just feel like Stern manipulated the market, which makes me feel taken advantage of, especially for such a high dollar purchase. Might be different if it was a $28 beach towel from Target
But you are right, still love my game for many different reasons and will enjoy it for many years.

Yes Sir, the game is possibly the most beautiful pinball machine ever made. I played mine a few games before work tonight and i just cannot understand why people don't like this game because it is so much fun. Sure it could use some more code but its still fun as hell. Mine is staying with me forever.

#3963 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What code are you running?

Thats right, the original code didnt have both playfields running at the same time did it?

#4058 3 months ago

Hoooooly crap Batman! I looked on here and there was over 60 unread posts waiting on me. I thought that Stern gave this game a complete and total code overhaul and all it was was Rick screaming and crying like a little girl!

Lol im just kidding Rick you are a good dude buddy! Hey there ain't nobody gonna give a shit about your game being an LE 10 years from now after you have played it so much that you have got the playfield paint wore off down to the bare wood so don't worry about it buddy. Your game will be worth about $700.00 dollars by then.

#4059 3 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Nervous about removing the window too many times and stripping out the wood

Those screws don't go into the wood Rick, they go into a piece of plastic that could be changed out if necessary. I got mine out right now doing a good cleaning on everything so i will let you know how big of a pain it is to put back in. I may have to fly in my old buddy 1956PINHEAD in from CA or Pinballadicted in from Australia to get it back in.

#4063 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am sure you will be fine!

I will know here soon, just got to get off of my lazy butt and get her all shined up. Cant seem to get motivated to do it, working these night shifts got me in a funk right now.

#4067 3 months ago

Give them six more weeks, Pro BW version lol.

If that happens im going to throw a fit!

#4098 3 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I think adding that piece of rubber in my game was the single most useful home made modification, what you have done should also work. When my ball travels to the scoop now it just quietly sinks into its hole. No more rejections period, no metal to metal clanking, and best of all no more ball or scoop pocket abuse going on. All should consider this mod as a benefit, not to mention Stern should do this on all games with similar scoops. I'm adding this same mod to my GB & GOTG.
Gotta give my man Who-Dey credit for this one, I owe him a six pack of his best beer!
[quoted image]

You dont owe me a thing brother. I think it was actually Chuckwurts idea and i gave it a try. I still get rejects but it is definitely better now and the foam softens the blow to the scoop which may help keep it from breaking something.

#4160 3 months ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Funny you should say that because I dragged a non pinball owner from my work along when I checked out MUN Premium last week.
Like your guys , he absolutely LOVED it.
He enjoys pinball but doesn't own games.

This is an easy game to love because its FUN! No regrets here at all! As a matter of fact my game has been down for 3 days for cleaning that ive yet to get started on and i am missing the hell out of it and want to play it badly!

#4163 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If it were not for the code sucks group I would not know anything is wrong.

Cotton there's absolutely nothing wrong with this game. It was meant to have a simple code. Some people dont like that and i can understand it but im personally not bothered by it and i love the hell out of this game.

If you have fun playing this game then that means its perfect for you and YOU are the only one that matters. Don't let what other people are saying bother you or sway your opinion of this game. If all of their complaining gets Stern to add more code i will be a happy camper but if it doesn't, i am still a happy camper because i love this pinball machine now and i will 5 years from now also. Mine is here to stay.

#4165 3 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

now I know how to become a popular guy, just give away free rubbers to all my friends.

You're a good man Charlie Brown! May as well make one for me and make it 18 while you're at it.

#4168 3 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

You got it Terry, no problem, your on the list buddy. Your up late, you working again? You gotta get your game back on line

Yes Sir im working all nite. Somebody has gotta stay up and defend all this Munsters hate on here ya know.

#4174 3 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

OK cotton and nevedanutjob, you guys are in too, just shoot me a PM with your address.
Shit Who-Dey, somethimes you gotta delagate, you can't always big the big defender of this game from all the haters, you'll never get any sleep

Well i don't have Spaceman here anymore to help me and now i gotta pull double duty!

#4208 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I finally broke 100 million. I have been struggling learning how to play this pin. And I see some of your scores and think I really suck. Most of my time is spent in the 15mil-20 mil range.
Today was different. For one ball, anyway
Ball 1 got me 117 million.
[quoted image]
Ball 2 was not so hot. Added only another 9 million.
[quoted image]
Ball 3 sucked. No way to gloss it over. But I sure had fun with Ball 1.
[quoted image]

The best way to get the big scores is to get them super jackpots stacked up and get 6x playfield multipliers running and cash in on your super jackpots. Its really hard to have a big game unless you do that.

#4211 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I’m getting pretty good at stacking the jackpots. It is getting stacks collected that gives me fits

Same here buddy. You, me, and everyone else and that's one of the things about this game that keeps people coming back! This will be a good game for tournament play because you have to have some skill to score good.

#4223 3 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

OK gang, I feel like I should be working in the Stern factory making all these rubbers. Hard part is over, now just have to bevel the cut out section and they are ready to ship out next week.
More updates to follow tomorrow or Monday.
[quoted image]

Wow., thank you so much buddy!

#4225 3 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Would this work as a topper? The Bradford Exchange Munster Koach
[quoted image]
At TPF, 2 years ago I was a Batman with a Batmobile as a topper. I did not think it looked so hot.
But if you had a backdrop of Mockingbird Lane with the Koach in front it might not look too bad.
[quoted image]
Like this. Have an enlarged poster made.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The Munsters topper hopefully will be out soon. Whats nice about the ones from stern is they have interactive lighting. Anything will do though. Lots of people make their own toppers. Im holding out for the factory topper for this game.

#4229 3 months ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

This is what a 1/64 coach looks like as a topper

Looks good BelleHall!

#4230 3 months ago

My balls are beat to death!

Ok now that i have your attention, you may want to read this. I cleaned and waxed my game last night. I have about 300 plays on my game and the balls were dimpled like a damn golf ball and a couple of them had some pretty nasty scrapes on them. What the hell could be causing this? 1956PINHEAD’s balls were the same way. Mine were bad enough that i just went ahead and changed them out, so I recommend that all of you guys check your balls ASAP!

It sounds funny but its really not, this has me concerned and scratching my head. The game was also very dirty. Im guessing this is from Sterns cheap ass rubbers. Everything i am saying sounds weird so im going to end this post right here.

#4232 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Crappy balls will do that very quick. Bad batches of them happen all the time.

Yeah but me and 1965PINHEAD both? Anything is possible but that sure would be a coincidence. He used the balls that came with his game I believe and the ones i used came from pinball life. I will keep an eye on my other games and see how they are looking.

#4234 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maiden, Deadpool, Munsters and BKsor’s looked like this at the bar.
I never felt them though. Do they feel like they look? These looked like tiny disco balls.

I would have to go feel them again but im sure that they do because they are very noticeable dimples. They look like a golf ball. Ive never had that happen before.

#4236 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Seems to be happening more and more on the newest games. Not sure why. Never seen it before Maiden.

That’s interesting. I wouldn’t have been surprised if my Metallica looked like that with all of the bashing that goes on in that game but unless there is something that I'm not thinking about, i don't know of anything on Munsters that the ball would be coming in contact with hard enough to tear up the balls like that.

#4239 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So terry had it happen with pinball life, other guy stock balls. I know the ones I’ve seen were stock. I’ve never seen this happen with the balls at my home (pinball life and ball baron), but I don’t have any spike 2 games.

I just dont see how its even possible in this particular game especially. We are talking about a steel ball. Nothing on the Munsters game that i am aware of could be putting indentations in a steel ball like this. Heck steel on steel shouldn't even do that doesn’t seem like. Could the balls be hitting each other during multiball and be doing this maybe?

#4260 3 months ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Unfortunately their lack of replies to concerned emailers is astounding.
Surely they could at least reply saying thanks for writing , at least acknowledging the email.
Not a sound......just amazes me

If they answered all the emails that they get they never would get any work done i bet. I wouldn’t put too much into that honestly. Stern is notorious for not sharing any info with the public. I dont like it either but its nothing new. I played the game quite a bit last night and i love it. I do hope we get more also because this pin could go from great to one of the best ever with some more code. The code may be shallow but it kicks my ass game after game still.

#4282 3 months ago

Ok here is this weeks challenge. Try and beat the Super Jackpot that i just got today. Old scores dont count either. It's got to be put up between now and Sunday at midnight.

20190521_082551 (resized).jpg
#4288 3 months ago