pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 237.
#1401 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Is the new room for Kids ? Or more Pinballs ! I told my oldest of 4 that I’m adding on to the house ! Sounds great dad I need an office? I laughed and said it’s for more pinballs

More pinball!

#1402 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

WackyBrakke, I don’t think my right ramp is registering a hit every single time either.
The ball does fly up it fast though.
Has anyone unscrewed the top plexi-glass window yet?
Would be nice to give the shield an underside wipe and test the right ramp in switch menu.

I took mine out yesterday to clean it...piece of cake

#1403 5 years ago

@kidchrisso: did you just remove the top side pf screws & lift out or lower the pf from below?
Thanks!

#1404 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

kidchrisso: did you just remove the top side pf screws & lift out or lower the pf from below?
Thanks!

Topside only. The screws have a rubber oring on each of them. Do not overtighten when reinstalling, go slow and make sure you set it in level so no edges are exposed.

#1405 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Anyone else having trouble with the right ramp in the lower Playfield registering successful hits? Mines only registering about 10% of the time.

Mine registers a bit more than 10%, but I’ve noticed it misses more when the ball goes fast up the ramp...don’t know how to adjust things in there to help it read more reliably yet. Maybe move the sensor closer to the ramp? It doesn’t seem like it needs to be cut out more than it is.

#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

My LE's shaker motor is making a racket when it is operating, like something metallic is being rattled that shouldn't be. I have two other Sterns with shaker motors - Elvis Gold and NASCAR - and they don't do this. Its not the cash box / lid or associated retaining clip because I've removed those and it makes no difference. Video clip with noise during test mode is accessible via the link below...
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0f5fEtEvDFtx4
Anyone else having this problem or have ideas to solve?

Been trying to troubleshoot the severe cabinet rattling from my LE's shaker motor during the past two days. No obvious loose parts such as rattling cables, or metal or wood pieces (aside from the rattly lever under Herman that everyone knows about), shaker motor and enclosure were / are secured tightly. Tried a variety of things but ended up putting mounting tape under the shaker motor bracket where it mounts on the cabinet wood, on the shaker motor bracket between it and the round motor case itself, and probably most important, moved one of the spinning lobes so that it is much closer to being in balance - left some offset so that it would shake, obviously, but not a lot. Considerably better.

#1407 5 years ago

#1408 5 years ago

Joined the club a couple hours ago with my LE (born on date 2/25/19). Still unboxing and setup, but I noticed already that the shooter lane ramp was beveled/filed from the factory.

633A04AF-EC7A-46FF-9CA2-6C2C9B0AD823 (resized).jpeg633A04AF-EC7A-46FF-9CA2-6C2C9B0AD823 (resized).jpeg
#1409 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Joined the club a couple hours ago with my LE (born on date 2/25/19). Still unboxing and setup, but I noticed already that the shooter lane ramp was beveled/filed from the factory.
[quoted image]

Nice to see that Stern is taking care of the ramp problem.

#1410 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

[quoted image]

Thanks to all of you early adopters jumping on these things, posting here and calling Stern so they can address!

Thank you Stern for listening and making these adjustments!

Good game!!

#1411 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

[quoted image]

Very nice, mine was pre-beveled as well!

#1412 5 years ago

This is evidence that Stern does listen to the community, they were very responsive to me when I alerted them of this ramp issue 3 weeks ago.

#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Very nice, mine was pre-beveled as well!

Ditto

Side - Dam you, Lamp buyers!!!

IMG_20190304_182856386 (resized).jpgIMG_20190304_182856386 (resized).jpg

#1414 5 years ago

Still waiting for a (hopefully soon) notification that my LE is ready to ship, but in the meantime my wife and I found an LE at a somewhat local location to play.

Notes after about a dozen games:

* With all the talk Dwight did about moving the fun closer to the plunger, I was expecting this game to be approachable. It is, but only kinda. While the shots are smooth, the game is *brutally* difficult at times (drains galore) and quite frequently unfair. They didn't make a Munsters version of Monster Bash. They made a Munsters version of TNA. I'm totally fine with that, but that's really how this game feels.

* It's very close to not being fun with no ball save enabled. I remember Dwight saying that the game was designed to not need it, but that's absolutely not my experience. Lots of disappointed faces after 2 second ball 1 times that wind up in the right outlane. I'll be turning ball save on as soon as it's set up. The game needs it.

* The. Right. Outlane. Is. Brutal.

* The ramps are gorgeous, and may be the smoothest I've ever shot. Awesome that they are so unique and both work exceptionally well.

* Lily/Dragula are fine. With the speed of this pin, standups would likely be overkill, and drop targets might slow the game down unnecessarily.

* The lower playfield is a fun addition, and I looked forward to the time spent there. Shots are makeable, and *just enough* is out of your control there to make it interesting.

* I *really* wish that there were a different cabinet option for this color playfield. The LE cabinet is fine, but it's my least favorite of the 3 (I would prefer a pro cabinet/art with this playfield).

Overall, it's an impressive machine and we're really looking forward to adding it to the collection!

#1415 5 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Still waiting for a (hopefully soon) notification that my LE is ready to ship, but in the meantime my wife and I found an LE at a somewhat local location to play.
Notes after about a dozen games:
* With all the talk Dwight did about moving the fun closer to the plunger, I was expecting this game to be approachable. It is, but only kinda. While the shots are smooth, the game is *brutally* difficult at times (drains galore) and quite frequently unfair. They didn't make a Munsters version of Monster Bash. They made a Munsters version of TNA. I'm totally fine with that, but that's really how this game feels.
* It's very close to not being fun with no ball save enabled. I remember Dwight saying that the game was designed to not need it, but that's absolutely not my experience. Lots of disappointed faces after 2 second ball 1 times that wind up in the right outlane. I'll be turning ball save on as soon as it's set up. The game needs it.
* The. Right. Outlane. Is. Brutal.
* The ramps are gorgeous, and may be the smoothest I've ever shot. Awesome that they are so unique and both work exceptionally well.
* Lily/Dragula are fine. With the speed of this pin, standups would likely be overkill, and drop targets might slow the game down unnecessarily.
* The lower playfield is a fun addition, and I looked forward to the time spent there. Shots are makeable, and *just enough* is out of your control there to make it interesting.
* I *really* wish that there were a different cabinet option for this color playfield. The LE cabinet is fine, but it's my least favorite of the 3 (I would prefer a pro cabinet/art with this playfield).
Overall, it's an impressive machine and we're really looking forward to adding it to the collection!

Enable ball save when you get yours, then put about a dozen games on it in your home environment... You'll love it!!

#1416 5 years ago

* It's very close to not being fun with no ball save enabled.
I don't care what they say about no ball save - I am enabling mine. My GF, sister and I chant "ball save, ball save" on a quick drain and they get a huge rush when they get a 2nd chance so ball save will be enabled when I get my game. Quick drains suck - and it feels like you were cheated with no ball save.

#1417 5 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Thanks to all of you early adopters jumping on these things, posting here and calling Stern so they can address!
Thank you Stern for listening and making these adjustments!
Good game!!

Nice that someone is positive about the reports of problems instead of calling us all complainers :O)

#1418 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Enable ball save when you get yours, then put about a dozen games on it in your home environment... You'll love it!!

Yep turned on ball save after the first day, too rough of a shooter for no ball save. The Family was boycotting it until I turned it on.

#1419 5 years ago

Just added Lermods custom cards and have been loving the purple titans (I think the colors all tie in nicely).

66E91158-B0F2-455A-9F3C-9505D22E125A (resized).jpeg66E91158-B0F2-455A-9F3C-9505D22E125A (resized).jpeg
#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Just added Lermods custom cards and have been loving the purple titans (I think the colors all tie in nicely).
[quoted image]

Hey, those cards go really well with our Koach car and other lighting mods

Kidding, of course, glad you like the cards, an artist I am not.

#1421 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Nice that someone is positive about the reports of problems instead of calling us all complainers :O)

On the contrary. I greatly appreciate the reports. These are very expensive toys and it is a bummer when things are not correct. However I had an experience with my AFMrLE that changed my perspective. I asked to go in 2nd batch precisely for this reason - to let all the bugs and issues be thrashed out and corrected so when I got mine I would be golden - was my first NIB purchase. Well then I had the shooter launch issue. I was majorly bummed. Reported it to CGC and Doug gave me a call and said they had wrong spec shooter lane guides on a limited # of games, had worked out a solution with a corrected one and asked if I would be a tester (along with 4 other guys) as they want to make sure this cracked the problem. They sent me the guide, it fixed the issue and I gave some feedback on how the instructions could be improved a bit and a couple other things. Doug called me back and wanted to ensure he understood how the entire experience went (even had me rate it from 1-5 in 5 areas) and ensure he understood my suggestions. That was impressive. He said it is manufacturing and unfortunately these things happen but they were committed to making it right.

So although I was initially bummed I had the issue, afterword I felt awesome - I learned some new repair skills (I am an accountant and can handle some basic tools with instructions but no where near the level of so many on here- amazing), got my game fixed and most importantly felt like I was helping others that had/were going to have this issue to enable them to fix it. So any time I see the early detection and solutions I feel that is helping me and others out from that "damn it how can this not work on a brand new game" feeling. We all want these things working well and I believe the manufactures want the same thing and strive more the most part to accomplish that and will course correct when they can.

#1422 5 years ago

@lermods, thanks for making the cards!
I’ll be checking out your mods once I figure out what to customize.

#1423 5 years ago

My distro is planning to put Super Bands on my LE
Would Titans be better?

#1424 5 years ago

How long are you all setting the ball saves for? .... 30 sec lol? I really don't think it needs one if you play it safely. If you go for short plunge to left ramp or regular skill shot you sld be fine for 5-8 seconds. . Its when u go for the super skill on the fly that usually gets you quickly but that's the risk/reward part i love about the pin..... just like the zap and canceling out the supers while waiting on the multipliers.

#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

[quoted image]

Was thinking purple too...look great!!! I was getting my Titan order together for this one and noticed....wow, very, very few rubbers compared to my other games....I really like the overall approach, even the lower playfield is a solid build, imho.

Alot of good in this game...appreciate Stern "stepping it up" in this case...with some code polish, this thing stands on its own...

#1426 5 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Would Titans be better?

Just personal choice...Titans feel more like rubber to me

#1427 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

How long are you all setting the ball saves for? .... 30 sec lol? I really don't think it needs one if you play it safely. If you go for short plunge to left ramp or regular skill shot you sld be fine for 5-8 seconds. . Its when u go for the super skill on the fly that usually gets you quickly but that's the risk/reward part i love about the pin..... just like the zap and canceling out the supers while waiting on the multipliers.

Got mine set for 10 seconds....I go for super skill, and the thing is unforgiving if you miss..power right or left outlane drain....this machine lets you in just fine, but kills you quick if you're not careful...love it!!!

#1428 5 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

On the contrary. I greatly appreciate the reports. These are very expensive toys and it is a bummer when things are not correct. However I had an experience with my AFMrLE that changed my perspective. I asked to go in 2nd batch precisely for this reason - to let all the bugs and issues be thrashed out and corrected so when I got mine I would be golden - was my first NIB purchase. Well then I had the shooter launch issue. I was majorly bummed. Reported it to CGC and Doug gave me a call and said they had wrong spec shooter lane guides on a limited # of games, had worked out a solution with a corrected one and asked if I would be a tester (along with 4 other guys) as they want to make sure this cracked the problem. They sent me the guide, it fixed the issue and I gave some feedback on how the instructions could be improved a bit and a couple other things. Doug called me back and wanted to ensure he understood how the entire experience went (even had me rate it from 1-5 in 5 areas) and ensure he understood my suggestions. That was impressive. He said it is manufacturing and unfortunately these things happen but they were committed to making it right.
So although I was initially bummed I had the issue, afterword I felt awesome - I learned some new repair skills (I am an accountant and can handle some basic tools with instructions but no where near the level of so many on here- amazing), got my game fixed and most importantly felt like I was helping others that had/were going to have this issue to enable them to fix it. So any time I see the early detection and solutions I feel that is helping me and others out from that "damn it how can this not work on a brand new game" feeling. We all want these things working well and I believe the manufactures want the same thing and strive more the most part to accomplish that and will course correct when they can.

Spot on!!! Regardless of what is posted on the threads, there is NO machine that comes out NIB without issues of sorts at some point (all machines have issues, part of the journey). I've gotten great support from all 3 companies tech support when I just called and we worked through the issues. Some felt overwhelming, some minor (I'll leave the titles out).

I've learned a tremendous amount from fellow pinsiders, as well as the factory support guys as well. It's allowed me to do the second best thing to playing them...repairing, modding, and tweaking (actually enjoy this more than playing sometimes). A repetitive statement ....there is no better hobby for me..period...

#1429 5 years ago

Every day that goes by I like game more and look at a different way
Still waiting for the shine to come off
My game has some small issues but I really think they have hit a home run with this game
So happy with this one my wife digs on it and would be pissed if I enabled the ball save(I’ve mentioned it a couple times haha)

#1430 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Every day that goes by I like this game more and look at a different way
Still waiting for the shine to come off
My game has some small issues but I really think they have hit a home run with this game
So happy with this one my wife digs on it and would be pissed if I enabled the ball save(I’ve mentioned it a couple times haha)

#1431 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

12 Seconds here...a bit more than 10 seconds...………..like setting my alarm clock for 5:47 AM instead of 5:45 Am-Lol

#1432 5 years ago

Titans here on 95 %,Cliffys post sleeves---4 of them I believe.....and I like all naturale rubber for my flipper rubbers as a reply/FYI to what us dudes are doing to our new Munsters machines !!

#1433 5 years ago

Just made my final payment. My LE gets here Friday!

#1434 5 years ago

Reading all the posts from those who have now been playing their LE's for over a week or so with enough games on it now to get a good feel for it, many are reafirming some of my thoughts and experiences for how the game playes, even though my game is a Pro version, it has all the same attributes less the lower playfield.

One thing I did after playing the game (as shipped and loading the newest code) about 40 games was to start recording the standard audits data. Beginning at game 50 I started making tweaks in the settings to make the game more playable for home use. No doubt this game has a design element built into it knowing it is going to be on routes to generate revinue, and as such it is a drain machine on the outlanes. I reset the posts to reduce the frequency of the outlane drains, then played another 30 games to collect data, left, center, & right outlane number of drains. The right lane drained on the average 30% more than the left, which makes sense when you look at the geometry of the left and right posts relative to the surrounding features on the playfield in the outlane region.

Not to make this post to long, but I measured and layed out a new position for the right outlane post and drilled a new location and reinstalled the post into place. After playing another 30 games and reviewing the data the game is now balanced in terms of left to right outlane drains. For me this was my biggest complaint or frustration with how the game was designed and set up in terms of home use play. Sure if I don't make the shots I expect to pay a price for bad play, but I became frustrated with being cheated by that right outlane with a very low percentage of nudge saves Vs the left side.

I'm kind of a data freak which in this case I think was useful in helping me to bring a nice compromise and balance to how the game plays now. Some may think how dare you drill into your playfield, but if your on the opposite end of that thought and want more info feel free to PM me and I'll share the post placement info with you. In the meantime keep cranking out those games, I'm now up to 325 games, average game play time on the uptick, as are the average and high scores, and most importantly an increase in the overall Fun Factor!

#1435 5 years ago

Really surprised by the long ball saves and other things people are doing to make it much eaiser. The game is rather shallow and i think the factory settings with a 7.2 angle are perfect combination for most players. I have alot of shorter games when i go for the super skill and just flip away . But if you actually take time and focus on things its not to bad. I wanna be punished for bad shots and just flipping wild . Things get boring quickly if its to easy especially with shallower code . That's just my take on things but people can set things up however they want ...easy/ difficult it don't matter as long as your having fun. Guess i like things difficult bc when you bring everything together its just that much better. Imo

#1436 5 years ago

Also spent some time on level 2 modes today... they were much more difficult and the sounds and animations were alot different. Wonder if the madness mode is much different? Also has anyone figured out the secret mania mode? How about any flipper codes.? Can't wait to c what the new code has in it.

#1437 5 years ago

All yea one more thing.... added pdi glass to this game(forgot i had few pieces upstairs) and wow.. night and day difference its so much better to play now. I have it on all my pins but huge difference on this pin in particular imo.

#1438 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I think I have it set to 8 seconds just long enough to keep you from getting a house ball basically.

#1439 5 years ago

Where best place to buy pdi glass? I'm in upstate PA

#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Would Titans be better?

Stay away from Superbands - They are rubbish.

Get standard white or Titans.

#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really surprised by the long ball saves and other things people are doing to make it much eaiser. The game is rather shallow and i think the factory settings with a 7.2 angle are perfect combination for most players. I have alot of shorter games when i go for the super skill and just flip away . But if you actually take time and focus on things its not to bad. I wanna be punished for bad shots and just flipping wild . Things get boring quickly if its to easy especially with shallower code . That's just my take on things but people can set things up however they want ...easy/ difficult it don't matter as long as your having fun. Guess i like things difficult bc when you bring everything together its just that much better. Imo

No ball save on location is not nice. I turned it on since most of the people playing at the location it's at are casuals. My feeling is if the ball is lost in the first 5 seconds, most people affected by this are casuals who do not need to be punished and discouraged, especially since they paid cash for a little entertainment. A ball save at the beginning of the ball doesn't really help good players that much.

#1442 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No ball save on location is not nice. I turned it on since most of the people playing at the location it's at are casuals. My feeling is if the ball is lost in the first 5 seconds, most people affected by this are casuals who do not need to be punished and discouraged, especially since they paid cash for a little entertainment. A ball save at the beginning of the ball doesn't really help good players that much.

I'm only talking about home play

#1444 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I'm only talking about home play

Either way, a ball save at the beginning of the ball doesn't really help good players that much. Scoring is blown up well after the first 5 seconds of play.

#1446 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Reading all the posts from those who have now been playing their LE's for over a week or so with enough games on it now to get a good feel for it, many are reafirming some of my thoughts and experiences for how the game playes, even though my game is a Pro version, it has all the same attributes less the lower playfield.
One thing I did after playing the game (as shipped and loading the newest code) about 40 games was to start recording the standard audits data. Beginning at game 50 I started making tweaks in the settings to make the game more playable for home use. No doubt this game has a design element built into it knowing it is going to be on routes to generate revinue, and as such it is a drain machine on the outlanes. I reset the posts to reduce the frequency of the outlane drains, then played another 30 games to collect data, left, center, & right outlane number of drains. The right lane drained on the average 30% more than the left, which makes sense when you look at the geometry of the left and right posts relative to the surrounding features on the playfield in the outlane region.
Not to make this post to long, but I measured and layed out a new position for the right outlane post and drilled a new location and reinstalled the post into place. After playing another 30 games and reviewing the data the game is now balanced in terms of left to right outlane drains. For me this was my biggest complaint or frustration with how the game was designed and set up in terms of home use play. Sure if I don't make the shots I expect to pay a price for bad play, but I became frustrated with being cheated by that right outlane with a very low percentage of nudge saves Vs the left side.
I'm kind of a data freak which in this case I think was useful in helping me to bring a nice compromise and balance to how the game plays now. Some may think how dare you drill into your playfield, but if your on the opposite end of that thought and want more info feel free to PM me and I'll share the post placement info with you. In the meantime keep cranking out those games, I'm now up to 325 games, average game play time on the uptick, as are the average and high scores, and most importantly an increase in the overall Fun Factor!

Post a picture right outlane?

#1447 5 years ago

I moved both outlane posts down and turned on ball save. Jim - you played mine that way. I made the adjustments in the first couple of days after I got it.

#1448 5 years ago

Shocked that people are finding this game difficult...closing outlanes and drilling new holes...wow.

When compared with other Stern titles, this is one of the more forgiving games I've owned in awhile (with default posts/settings).

#1449 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Shocked that people are finding this game difficult...closing outlanes and drilling new holes...wow.
When compared with other Stern titles, this is one of the more forgiving games I've owned in awhile (with default posts/settings).

For me. The difficulty comes in scoring big. That’s what keeps a nerd like me coming back. No quick way to points. Have to be methodical about it.

#1450 5 years ago

Game is not difficult, nor is it easy. Set up and adjust to your liking and/ or ability of yourself or your guests. You can always change it. Player's abilities vary. Certainly no shock there.

Excellent game. Many people have played my Pro and all have enjoyed it and thought it's a really nice game.

How you approach or play the game can vary - that is a good thing. Everybody can play it and enjoy it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/29?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.