IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 237.
#1351 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

Has anybody got a premium yet? Thanks

Not till le are done

#1352 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

@bigd & brett, yup I think most of those who have played the game enough have respect for just how brutal it can be if you don't hit the shots, and those stand up's in front of the ramps can and do bite ya. I find myself having to really give this game a lot of love during play, meaning nudging, bumping, and a few side slaps, hitting the shots cleanly obviously helps, but it's the ones you don't that bite ya.
The arcade expo in Banning is great. I went last year and played 10 hours straight and didn't come close to playing all the games I had wanted to play. Getting there early does help as it gets pretty filled up around 3:00 pm until 10:00 pm. I think I will be going two days this year so I can play all the games I had wanted to last year.

Every year banning seems to be getting busier. I lived down there the first few years, so it was really easy to go.

If I go next week, it’ll be Friday. The weekend seems to always be busiest.

I’m hoping they’ll have a JJP POTC and the Munsters LE to play.

#1353 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The machine also feels very "solid"...hard to put my finger on it, but the build polish shows on this one, big time...
Wow, just wow!!!

I've noticed how solid and heavy the game feels as well esp when nudging / etc . Did look inside of mine, and noted tho bottom of the cabinet is plywood on mine. Rest of the recent games I have are not. Also on the inside, the bottom was not painted black.. Maybe later will stop playing to see if it is constructed a bit different..

#1354 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Any LE owners having any excessive metallic rattling from their shaker motors and any ideas what needs to be done? Got virtually no responses yesterday.
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0f5fEtEvDFtx4

My shaker seems to have two levels of noise.. A normal level (based on other games I have shakers on), and a more brutal/loud level, here when I was able to hit spot a couple of times the game really rumbled, significantly more.. I did not notice a metallic noise with the shaker. The only time i heard something close to that is when hitting herman, the mechanism sometimes makes a clanging noise.. So I wonder if in your case it is a perhaps that mechanism being rattled ? Ive not really poked around under there yet, but i would imagine the amount of rattle this makes would be shaking that mech some, or perhaps another..

#1355 5 years ago

Coindoor decal and key FOB...contact me if interested.

IMG_20190303_093218 (resized).jpgIMG_20190303_093218 (resized).jpg
#1356 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/377440048
From Logan's, go to the end of the stream.

Bug in the code. It will be gone with the new update.

#1357 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Shaker motor test is in the coil menu.
I like the shaking, just don't like the noise that comes with it. I'll have to look around and see if I can figure out what is vibrating that isn't supposed to.

You can adjust the tension at the top of the shaker motor bracket with that screw that runs the length of it. Adjusting that usually takes care of noises like what you're talking about.

#1358 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can adjust the tension at the top of the shaker motor bracket with that screw that runs the length of it. Adjusting that usually takes care of noises like what you're talking about.

Pretty sure Stern shakers don’t have that bolt across the top of the shaker.

#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Pretty sure Stern shakers don’t have that bolt across the top of the shaker.

Ah, sorry, Pinballlife are all we get these days. Been a while since I've even seen a Stern shaker.

#1360 5 years ago

Just a few observations. I have not bought a NIB Stern since FG. I see the metal cabinet protectors are now plastic. Lock down bar has changed for me also. Takes longer to get off but tight as heck when clamped down. I find just putting the lockdown bar on without clamping it down is good enough. Shooter ramp does need to be "flattened" a little or recessed in.
Those are really the only negatives so far. Whole family enjoying machine. Artwork and flow of game is great. Sound for pro model is impressive. Looking forward to any updates.
Looking for custom apron cards. Would like to see more clips of the show or possibly an episode during attrack mode.

#1361 5 years ago

checked this morning...yup game is still cool as shit
Plus time machine...

988672E5-3492-4D03-869F-F4B077D9B937 (resized).jpeg988672E5-3492-4D03-869F-F4B077D9B937 (resized).jpegC8D03934-8D6F-4211-BF71-68F726631805 (resized).jpegC8D03934-8D6F-4211-BF71-68F726631805 (resized).jpegE2A8C0DD-225D-415B-AC29-5E035FB0DB59 (resized).jpegE2A8C0DD-225D-415B-AC29-5E035FB0DB59 (resized).jpeg
#1362 5 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Just a few observations. I have not bought a NIB Stern since FG. I see the metal cabinet protectors are now plastic. Lock down bar has changed for me also. Takes longer to get off but tight as heck when clamped down. I find just putting the lockdown bar on without clamping it down is good enough. Shooter ramp does need to be "flattened" a little or recessed in.
Those are really the only negatives so far. Whole family enjoying machine. Artwork and flow of game is great. Sound for pro model is impressive. Looking forward to any updates.
Looking for custom apron cards. Would like to see more clips of the show or possibly an episode during attrack mode.

Dont really see any negatives ? Also my launch ramp works perfectly and the others ive played were fine also?

#1363 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Plus time machine...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The big box...always a hit...nice save

#1364 5 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Shooter ramp does need to be "flattened" a little or recessed in.

I have seen people talking about this but ive played 2 pros on location and i never noticed any problems with the shooter lane or the auto or manual plunging.

Is this a problem or isnt it? Im close to ordering a pro but if there is some type of design flaw id rather wait.

#1365 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have seen people talking about this but ive played 2 pros on location and i never noticed any problems with the shooter lane or the auto or manual plunging.
Is this a problem or isnt it? Im close to ordering a pro but if there is some type of design flaw id rather wait.

We have the issue on the Pro here. Hits the underside of the wireform ramp over the shooter lane about 30% of the time. I'll eventually get around to putting a washer on the ramp supports to raise it a little.

#1366 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It is not a problem but it is a design flaw. The ball does not roll "smoothly" all of the time. If it hits the left or right side of the entrance ramp, it will be an air ball and could possibly over time damage the playfield more quickly where the ball lands. . It should have been recessed. Also, hitting the raised metal tab on each side of the ramp will damage the ball more quickly which in turn roll on that beautiful playfield causing damage over time.

#1367 5 years ago

So what’s the gig with Munster Madness
I was just flipping around and finally got it
It was a multiball on top nothing down below

#1368 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Was/is an issue on my pro.

#1369 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Was/is an issue on my pro.

Did you resolve the problem? The only thing im not understanding is how on earth did Stern forget to recess the ramp into the shooter lane? Do all the other games that they have built have the ramps recessed into the shooter lanes?

#1370 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did you resolve the problem? The only thing im not understanding is how on earth did Stern forget to recess the ramp into the shooter lane? Do all the other games that they have built have the ramps recessed into the shooter lanes?

Likely another cost reduction.

#1371 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Likely another cost reduction.

Weird...TRON is recessed, both Beatles and Munsters aren't recessed. Maybe it's part of the Spike "platform" (just kidding

#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Weird...TRON is recessed, both Beatles and Munsters aren't recessed. Maybe it's part of the Spike "platform" (just kidding

If its truly a problem its more than weird, its flat out f*cking stupid.

#1373 5 years ago

Yeah, it’s on my Beatles and very annoying and really cringe worthy when the ball strikes it and bounces. For some reason it happens 75% of the time.....like hitting a chuck hole in the road! I am thinking about having the ramp filed down versus tearing up the playfield.

#1374 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If its truly a problem its more than weird, its flat out f*cking stupid.

Agreed. It's not a problem on Beatles, since there is no ramp for the ball to strike. Just feels a little clunky sometimes. On Munsters, mine behaves like Vireland's (hits the ramp 30% of the time).

Would love to know the background on something like this. Can't imagine the PF manufacturer would charge by the cutout. Munsters has cutouts on the Dragway ramp.

#1375 5 years ago

Dragula ramp is recessed, so hard to believe it was a cost cutting move. Yes, my Tron is recessed, but my KISSLE is not. All games are launching fine (mine anyway). Have no idea to rhyme or reason....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1376 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Agreed. It's not a problem on Beatles, since there is no ramp for the ball to strike. Just feels a little clunky sometimes. On Munsters, mine behaves like Vireland's (hits the ramp 30% of the time).
Would love to know the background on something like this. Can't imagine the PF manufacturer would charge by the cutout. Munsters has cutouts on the Dragway ramp.

It's all time and attention. And time is money. It's likely another cost reduction to save a few cents per playfield.

#1377 5 years ago

so just went down my line, as I'm curious now...
BM66- no
IMVE- no
SM- no
KISSLE- no
WOZ- 2 small holes, and ramp edge bent down into them, so yes, I suppose.
TRONLE- yes
Nothing new to see here...all great shooters...

#1378 5 years ago

Not recessed on my gotg pro. Bad plunge about 25%
of time. Filed the forks but didn't want to go too crazy.
Helped a little.

#1379 5 years ago

So I was looking over the rules
You have to complete a lot of shots to get multi-ball both levels I think
Wow I didn’t know the MM mode had its own rules
Sweet

#1380 5 years ago

So I was looking over the rules
You have to complete a lot of shots to get multi-ball both levels I think
Wow I didn’t know the MM mode had its own rules
Sweet

And its going to get better also!

#1381 5 years ago

Here’s a few things I’ve done to my pro and love it !! I added the plastic protector set and led ramp lights from Mezel mods I also added a shaker which is a must and I took a little piece of felt and added to the metal bar that moves Herman . This helped the metal clanging sound somewhat. I bought the new art blades from pin graphix as well and have just a few more things I want to add . I’m not a big mod guy but this pin is just to fun and pretty not to.

592B5E35-D92E-42F7-8FAE-FE90835BDEC6 (resized).jpeg592B5E35-D92E-42F7-8FAE-FE90835BDEC6 (resized).jpeg187BF310-E13C-4481-A81B-DE638CDE2438 (resized).jpeg187BF310-E13C-4481-A81B-DE638CDE2438 (resized).jpeg98983C30-A790-428C-A303-E6B97E6DD542 (resized).jpeg98983C30-A790-428C-A303-E6B97E6DD542 (resized).jpegEC2F8160-DAF1-4F71-AA52-6DF548CF4B01 (resized).jpegEC2F8160-DAF1-4F71-AA52-6DF548CF4B01 (resized).jpeg64388AB4-74A2-4448-B995-588549D9C87A (resized).jpeg64388AB4-74A2-4448-B995-588549D9C87A (resized).jpeg5EE05357-5A40-41C6-B3BC-E93C34A78512 (resized).jpeg5EE05357-5A40-41C6-B3BC-E93C34A78512 (resized).jpegD93CAE99-6F5D-4FE3-AE3E-2B537D3811CE (resized).jpegD93CAE99-6F5D-4FE3-AE3E-2B537D3811CE (resized).jpegB5D11D6A-F1C4-44B3-B731-704A2E573B2E (resized).jpegB5D11D6A-F1C4-44B3-B731-704A2E573B2E (resized).jpeg
#1382 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Plenty of games have the exact same set up... my di and met are the sane and there are plenty of others... Obviously it must of been a cost cut... lol

#1383 5 years ago

Got to play the LE quite a bit this weekend and I love it. Layout is familiar but code makes it feel fresh. Lower playfield is as good as I hoped. Lots going on down there and very fun to advance deep into the mode and not easy to do.

Can’t wait to play the premium when it hits the streets.

#1384 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

It sucks running out of room. I’m there also.
My dilemma is I really like all of my collection.

I like your collection too! BTW, small world...my sister's inlaws live on Camano.

#1385 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We have the issue on the Pro here. Hits the underside of the wireform ramp over the shooter lane about 30% of the time. I'll eventually get around to putting a washer on the ramp supports to raise it a little.

As the metal ball launch is not recessed, I think it would help if the auto launch coil were not as strong as it currently is. It currently sends the ball flying up the launch ramp.

Even if the wire ramp above it is raised slightly, the ball may still 'airball' onto the playfield.

As far as I know, there is no power adjustment in the menu for the ball auto-launch coil, unlike other Sterns.

If lots of people send a quick e-mail report to Stern, they may include a power adjustment in the next code update.

Worth a try!

#1386 5 years ago

Anyone else having trouble with the right ramp in the lower Playfield registering successful hits? Mines only registering about 10% of the time.

#1387 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Anyone else having trouble with the right ramp in the lower Playfield registering successful hits? Mines only registering about 10% of the time.

Right orbit I noticed once in awhile

#1388 5 years ago

Still going over the rules
So basically the game is mode based with the difference your trying to collect jackpots during each one?

Really liking the Zap and the jackpot angle on the game. Cancel and collect pretty cool stuff

#1389 5 years ago

@WackyBrakke, I don’t think my right ramp is registering a hit every single time either.
The ball does fly up it fast though.

Has anyone unscrewed the top plexi-glass window yet?
Would be nice to give the shield an underside wipe and test the right ramp in switch menu.

#1390 5 years ago

@JML / EricHadley - I am pretty sure my right ramp registers just about every loop, adds a few seconds to play the first time, then after less and less.. But I hear the call outs 'you have more time'..

I did notice that i have to get a really clean shot to the center to get it to register a machine shot..

Also, anyone notice the ball, especially while traveling slow/medium speed, sorta catch and follow between the plexi-glass and play field.. Not sure how much of a gap or effect on the ball to expect there..

#1391 5 years ago

Plus time machine...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is the new room for Kids ? Or more Pinballs ! I told my oldest of 4 that I’m adding on to the house ! Sounds great dad I need an office? I laughed and said it’s for more pinballs

#1392 5 years ago

I totally agree. The premium is the best of three world's. All the playfield features and the true Munsters B/W art package. If you don't care for lower playfields cant you
just disable it? Then you'd still have the depth and lighting. This is my thought and route. Plus if I ever have kids they can paint it for me. Top ten mod.

#1393 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The one I played several weeks ago (I believe the first in Chicago) at a local collector had the same issue. He creatively had to make a small plastic guard over the right ramp as it only registered if lucky 1 in ten times. He did notify Stern not sure what was done. Wish I took a picture of it but the right ramp was basically useless until he added the clear strip above the ramp and opto. Sorry not much help...

#1394 5 years ago

Received my Bradford Exchange Munsters Koach today. Lights up and plays the Munsters song. Could make as a nice topper, let's see what Stern come up with.

20190304_175327 (resized).jpg20190304_175327 (resized).jpg
#1395 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Received my Bradford Exchange Munsters Koach today. Lights up and plays the Munsters song. Could make as a nice topper, let's see what Stern come up with.[quoted image]

That's cool Macca! I got the lamp and the cuckoo clock. The lamp is very detailed and high quality and my clock i think is going to be even cooler. It should be here tomorrow. That car sure would look good sitting beside my lamp!

#1396 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That's cool Macca! I got the lamp and the cuckoo clock. The lamp is very detailed and high quality and my clock i think is going to be even cooler. It should be here tomorrow. That car sure would look good sitting beside my lamp!

Haha, it is awesome. Love the music and the lights with the characters (even though its missing Marilyn). Would look great next to your clock and lamp

#1397 5 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Here’s a few things I’ve done to my pro and love it !! I added the plastic protector set and led ramp lights from Mezel mods I also added a shaker which is a must and I took a little piece of felt and added to the metal bar that moves Herman . This helped the metal clanging sound somewhat. I bought the new art blades from pin graphix as well and have just a few more things I want to add . I’m not a big mod guy but this pin is just to fun and pretty not to.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is one fine looking machine. Can't wait to order mine.
I should add some green or purple trough lighting to light up the dark area between the flippers.

#1398 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Mine registers consistently ( time add, w callout). The amount of time changes, depending on where you're at in the game, and in certain modes it's off. Center target to start MB also works fine, but man, a difficult shot to hit w pace at times.

Haven't got a ball stuck ( yet), but is pretty hectic down there during MB. As I mentioned earlier, you definitely have to "play it" down there, not just knock the balls around, to get through it.

This one is gonna take a lot of practice ( for me, anyway)

#1399 5 years ago

for those wanting apron cards, I made a set and posted in the Munsters Mod thread. Beggars can't be choosy, if you can do better (and I am sure many of you can), please do.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-bring-on-the-munster-mods-/page/3#post-4867610

#1400 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

for those wanting apron cards, I made a set and posted in the Munsters Mod thread. Beggars can't be choosy, if you can do better (and I am sure many of you can), please do.

Ok... I've searched for several minutes for the thread you're talking about and I'm sure I've just missed it. Care to post a link?

Edit: thanks for adding the link.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/28?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.