pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 237.
#1151 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So would it be safe to say that you are happy with your purchase Spaceman?

You could say that the game is amaze balls

#1152 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

You could say that the game is amaze balls

Thats awesome, glad you are loving it. It looks amaze balls thats for sure. The LE is sharp!

#1153 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Will fit through a 36” door in the box.

I managed to get it through my 32” basement door in the box. Just touches the sides. Just had to take door off hinges.

#1154 5 years ago

Digging this game!!! a few things so far:

a) You can set ball save in menu....pretty funny clip that goes with it
b) Spot under the stairs does light and flash when you get to him
c) Grandpa's basement mystery provides many options that translate to main playfield...the multiball and shots down there are definitely "pinball like"..a great "game in the game". haven't got upper and lower working simultaneously yet....but sure it's in there (I'm an average player at best.
d) orbit can be lightning fast, and ramp shots are super smooth, also can create pace.
e) The attract video can be set to once an hour....trip down memory lane!!!!
f) not having individual targets doesn't phase me on this one...no worrying about splints to keep things straight (?) sort of cool
g) machine can be a drain monster at times on the outlanes...

I know I'll be in honeymoon phase for a while, but it does seem they took their time and made a gorgeous, well laid out machine here...back at it!!!

#1155 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Digging this game!!! a few things so far:
a) You can set ball save in menu....pretty funny clip that goes with it
b) Spot under the stairs does light and flash when you get to him
c) Grandpa's basement mystery provides many options that translate to main playfield...the multiball and shots down there are definitely "pinball like"..a great "game in the game". haven't got upper and lower working simultaneously yet....but sure it's in there (I'm an average player at best.
d) orbit can be lightning fast, and ramp shots are super smooth, also can create pace.
e) The attract video can be set to once an hour....trip down memory lane!!!!
f) not having individual targets doesn't phase me on this one...no worrying about splints to keep things straight (?) sort of cool
g) machine can be a drain monster at times on the outlanes...
I know I'll be in honeymoon phase for a while, but it does seem they took their time and made a gorgeous, well laid out machine here...back at it!!!

I like no ball save as it really makes you think about which skill shot to go for. Yes the game can be super fast and missed shots usually end up in one of the outlanes.

#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I like no ball save as it really makes you think about which skill shot to go for. Yes the game can be super fast and missed shots usually end up in one of the outlanes.

Agreed...just nice to know it's there.....spot coming up during attract mode scared the shit out of me the first time I saw it (was leaning over pf looking at all the stuff and bam)...funny stuff....

#1157 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed...just nice to know it's there.....spot coming up during attract mode scared the shit out of me the first time I saw it (was leaning over pf looking at all the stuff and bam)...funny stuff....

He is loud lol... also hitting the flipper buttons during attract mode does some neat stuff..

#1158 5 years ago

Thinking about buying a pro. Any good reviews about it ? Cant afford to buy a Le. Would like a Monster bash but the same problem.

#1159 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Thinking about buying a pro. Any good reviews about it ? Cant afford to buy a Le. Would like a Monster bash but the same problem.

It’s really fun. Very approachable and will only get better. Good sounds and callouts and a great shooter.

#1160 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s really fun. Very approachable and will only get better. Good sounds and callouts and a great shooter.

Does Spot light-up on the pro?

#1161 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Quoted from guss:

Everything is same on pros playfield as the other models... minus the lower playfield. Pro is pretty great imo

#1162 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Everything is same on pros playfield as the other models... minus the lower playfield. Pro is pretty great imo

Sounds Great Thanks

#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

You have the same delima as i do right now, MBR or Munsters? I hope to own both eventually but i gotta decide which one i want now. Both games have some advantages over one another. I wish i could find a MB close to me to play but there’s none around unfortunately. Such a tough decision.

#1164 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Soon.

#1165 5 years ago

For Who-Dey & guss, I went on line today and took a look at MBR out of curiosity due to some of the prior posts and knowing Who-Dey was trying to decide which way to go, Munster's or MBR. If it helps I will offer up one of the significant descriminators for me if I was trying to decide would be DMD Vs actual modern display user interface.

Having played both (like most of us these days) I just find it real hard to buy a NIB game with a DMD user interface. I know perhaps the DMD in MBR is an attempt to keep the remake true to its roots, but man there is just no comparison in how the newer interface just adds to the overall pinball experience of a new game. Perhaps others posting here can weigh in as well with their views on this or other aspects, but this one difference would move me to Munsters. Having this game for 3 weeks now and having played almost 300 games on it you might get the idea I really really enjoy this game, and play it everyday. I hope this helps.

#1166 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

For Who-Dey & guss, I went on line today and took a look at MBR out of curiosity due to some of the prior posts and knowing Who-Dey was trying to decide which way to go, Munster's or MBR. If it helps I will offer up one of the significant descriminators for me if I was trying to decide would be DMD Vs actual modern display user interface.
Having played both (like most of us these days) I just find it real hard to buy a NIB game with a DMD user interface. I know perhaps the DMD in MBR is an attempt to keep the remake true to its roots, but man there is just no comparison in how the newer interface just adds to the overall pinball experience of a new game. Perhaps others posting here can weigh in as well with their views on this or other aspects, but this one difference would move me to Munsters. Having this game for 3 weeks now and having played almost 300 games on it you might get the idea I really really enjoy this game, and play it everyday. I hope this helps.

Yep that’s definitely a big positive for Munsters. MB has some really great interactive toys so that is a plus for it. It also is beautiful, a great shooter, and in my opinion it has a fun rule set too. So you got:

Both games have equally great themes
Both games are equally gorgeous
Both games shoot really well.

Munsters has a lcd screen +1
MBR has great toys +1

So that leaves us with

Best rules?
Enjoyability?

Hmm

#1167 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep that’s definitely a big positive for Munsters. MB has some really great interactive toys so that is a plus for it. It also is beautiful, a great shooter, and in my opinion it has a fun rule set too. So you got:
MBR has great toys +1
So that leaves us with
Best rules?
Enjoyability?
Hmm

Well then I think we call that the Spin Cycle, only one way out of that dilemma, and you know what that is right, better buy them both. So it's easy, just decide which one to buy first

#1168 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Well then I think we call that the Spin Cycle, only one way out of that dilemma, and you know what that is right, better buy them both. So it's easy, just decide which one to buy first

I definitely want them both, thats already been decided there. Which one do i buy first is the big delimma or maybe which game is the best i should say. I want the one that is the most fun first!

#1169 5 years ago

Do neither wait and get the Premium B&W and give lower playfields another chance man!! this one is great and real fun

#1170 5 years ago

Seriously I wanted Monster Bash for so long years could never find one local thats a tough one for sure

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

MBR has great toys +1
So that leaves us with
Best rules?
Enjoyability?
Hmm

I have had Munsters for almost a Month now and I would put my vote in for Monster Bash at this point in time. That may change as the code matures on Munsters but overall to me at least right now Monster Bash is the more fun to play pin.

#1172 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Do neither wait and get the Premium B&W and give lower playfields another chance man!! this one is great and real fun

I love the black and white premium a lot as well. I wouldn't rule it out but i really like Munsters Pro a lot as well and that gives me money toward another game. I dont hate the lower playfield, matter of fact i think its beautiful but i just think its a feature that i can live without. Its the nicest lower playfield in pinball history imo.

#1173 5 years ago

I will say this also. The fact that i am even struggling to decide which game i purchase next says a lot about the Munsters because Monster Bash is one of the greatest pinball machines ever made for sure.

#1174 5 years ago

Anxiously waiting to hear word about my Munsters LE shipping, so congrats to all the lucky ones who received one already. Thanks to those folks for sharing your awe, positivity and photos. My distributor told me that Stern is shipping the LE's before the topper is done, and that it will ship at a later date. That doesn't sound right to me, especially when the Game Feature Matrix makes no mention of a topper. This will be my first Stern game, so can anyone tell me their history regarding toppers please? I'm also hoping that Stern is aware of all the valid concerns expressed on these boards about their expanding list of unfinished game codes, and that they make code updates and customer satisfaction top priorities for all their games. Never more, never more!

#1175 5 years ago

Is there a way to turn off the GI strobing on this thing? I just looked through the adjustments and didn't see anything.

#1176 5 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

Anxiously waiting to hear word about my Munsters LE shipping, so congrats to all the lucky ones who received one already. Thanks to those folks for sharing your awe, positivity and photos. My distributor told me that Stern is shipping the LE's before the topper is done, and that it will ship at a later date. That doesn't sound right to me, especially when the Game Feature Matrix makes no mention of a topper. This will be my first Stern game, so can anyone tell me their history regarding toppers please? I'm also hoping that Stern is aware of all the valid concerns expressed on these boards about their expanding list of unfinished game codes, and that they make code updates and customer satisfaction top priorities for all their games. Never more, never more!

Toppers usually dont come out until after the game has been out awhile unfortunately but there will be a topper for this game. As far as code goes, they have been doing very well in coding these games since they hired some more people in that area. Game codes take awhile and dont happen over night so just remember that.

Also don't let all the negative talk discourage you and just enjoy your game and the code updates that will be coming. Some of the code talk definitely has some merit but some people on here try to make people believe that stern code and code updates are horrible, simply not true. With that being said though i would like to see my Ghostbusters code finished!

#1177 5 years ago
Quoted from pyramidschemebar:

Is there a way to turn off the GI strobing on this thing? I just looked through the adjustments and didn't see anything.

Still looking at buying, but this is a big issue to me. How do we turn off that seizure inducing strobing if desired?

#1178 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Still looking at buying, but this is a big issue to me. How do we turn off that seizure inducing strobing if desired?

I know GOT you can turn down the lighting effects, hopefully that will be in this code as well. I have played Munsters though several times and it never seemed to bother me. Its nothing like some of the lighting effects on Game of Thrones, now those are a little overpowering for sure.

#1179 5 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

My distributor told me that Stern is shipping the LE's before the topper is done, and that it will ship at a later date. That doesn't sound right to me, especially when the Game Feature Matrix makes no mention of a topper. This will be my first Stern game, so can anyone tell me their history regarding toppers please?

The feature matrix is correct - there's no topper that comes with the game. Maybe your distributor was referring to the aftermarket topper that should be sold as an accessory at a later date. Sometimes the toppers are released very soon after the game is released, others can take years. Actually only Star Wars has taken years.....so far. Might be decades.

#1180 5 years ago

Thanks for that refreshing perspective Who-Dey. There is an abundance of negativity on these boards, but I try to consider the source and defer to this being an extremely enjoyable new hobby for me, and prefer to keep it that way. So different than the case with Chicago Gaming who ships their MBr LE with a topper (I'm still waiting), I assume that since Stern has yet to produce the Munsters topper, there will be an extra charge if one wants a topper for their Munsters LE when it is eventually released. Is that right?

#1181 5 years ago

Yeah probably minimum $500 dollars for a topper in u.s dollars

#1182 5 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

Thanks for that refreshing perspective Who-Dey. There is an abundance of negativity on these boards, but I try to consider the source and defer to this being an extremely enjoyable new hobby for me, and prefer to keep it that way. So different than the case with Chicago Gaming who ships their MBr LE with a topper (I'm still waiting), I assume that since Stern has yet to produce the Munsters topper, there will be an extra charge if one wants a topper for their Munsters LE when it is eventually released. Is that right?

Yes there will be an extra charge, usually 400 dollars i think for the toppers. You would think the LE's would come with a topper but Stern doesnt do that unfortunately. Definitely try and stay away from all the negativity and have fun. Im not suggesting that everything is perfect by any means but this a great hobby and there is lots of reasons to be happy about the choices we have in pinball today. This is a great time to be in this hobby and the Munsters is a awesome game!

#1183 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

MBR has great toys +1
So that leaves us with
Best rules?
Enjoyability?
Hmm

Here is a huge big +++ for Munsters, imho: the Munsters theme music, both during the game and at the end of the game. Its positively awesome! Munsters had probably one of the best TV show opening and closing credits music of all time. Bright, brassy, complex, imposing and foreboding yet cheerful all in a very succinct package. I could listen to that all day!

LE arrival day is today!

#1184 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Here is a huge big +++ for Munsters, imho: the Munsters theme music, both during the game and at the end of the game. Its positively awesome! Munsters had probably one of the best TV show opening and closing credits music of all time. I could listen to that all day!

Lol yep me too. I love it! Ive been watching all of the episodes and im having fun watching them. I cant believe the show only lasted two seasons.

#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I'm not as sold on the "modern display". If I want a modern display I will play the XBox One. I do like the colored dots tho compared to the non-colored. The modern display also leads to "cheating" the development cycle with using movie clips but then games where they have to create animations makes me feel like they are slacking somewhere else in the game's development to compensate for the extra time to create animations. I really want to play both these games side by side tho. MGC should be a good chance.

#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

I have had Munsters for almost a Month now and I would put my vote in for Monster Bash at this point in time. That may change as the code matures on Munsters but overall to me at least right now Monster Bash is the more fun to play pin.

If I hadn't bought the LE with the lower playfield and was choosing between the MUN pro or MBR, I would probably lean more towards MBR. The lower playfield just adds another dimension to make it more interesting than MBR for me. I love the Munsters theme way more than MB.

#1187 5 years ago

I'm going to jump in and join the club, as I placed my order for a Premium last week. I heard they will probably ship in March, but I have no confirmation of that. Has anyone got any inside info on Premium shipping dates?

#1188 5 years ago

I get a free Stern T-shirt too!

12E50DC4-8F30-46DF-9149-83543F790501 (resized).jpeg12E50DC4-8F30-46DF-9149-83543F790501 (resized).jpeg
#1189 5 years ago

I am in the same situation of having such a hard time deciding between Munsters or Monster Bash. The one and only thing making me lean slightly towards Munsters is if I go with Monster Bash, I need the Premium, the screen just makes the game so much more amazing. If I go with Munsters, I will be perfectly happy with the Pro. So have to decide between a $5,800 purchase or a $7,300 purchase.

#1190 5 years ago

Gonna be a fun night........

AD6D31A9-A37B-40A2-A66E-9F6623D379E6 (resized).jpegAD6D31A9-A37B-40A2-A66E-9F6623D379E6 (resized).jpeg
#1191 5 years ago

Mine shows up tomorrow between 10 and 2...I will have to get my wife to sign for it and stick it in the garage until Sunday night...that's when I get back from 2019 LAX...going to be a great weekend...pinball and then more pinball...woo hoo!

#1192 5 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Mine shows up tomorrow between 10 and 2...I will have to get my wife to sign for it and stick it in the garage until Sunday night...that's when I get back from 2019 LAX...going to be a great weekend...pinball and then more pinball...woo hoo!

Unboxing party?

#1193 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

I am in the same situation of having such a hard time deciding between Munsters or Monster Bash. The one and only thing making me lean slightly towards Munsters is if I go with Monster Bash, I need the Premium, the screen just makes the game so much more amazing. If I go with Munsters, I will be perfectly happy with the Pro. So have to decide between a $5,800 purchase or a $7,300 purchase.

You need shop around as you can get a pro cheaper than that. Also i have owned a mb and a munsters now. They are very similar imo but munsters has so much more content(video/souunds/music) and strategy/risk vs reward in the code allready and will only get better. I find munsters just more enjoyable to play and it can be super brutal but then you have a great game where things come together.

#1194 5 years ago

Just wanted to check in, now that I’ve been messing around with the game for about a week. It’s REALLY been growing on me. I love playing this game with the lights dim...it really accentuates the light show. I’m still trying to figure out all the rules, and while it still can be pretty brutal, my scores have been consistently higher. I’ve been more of a mode fiend, but I’m getting addicted to just trying to beat my last score now. Being that code is still early, I can’t wait to see what’s coming down the pike. Absolutely thrilled with the purchase so far!

#1195 5 years ago
19448DA9-9D9E-4958-9D45-151A911C60B1 (resized).jpeg19448DA9-9D9E-4958-9D45-151A911C60B1 (resized).jpeg
#1196 5 years ago

My grandpa scoop stopped working right before leaving for work so I only had a few minutes to look at it.I found a green wire hanging and soldered it back on and it still didn't work but after talking to a friend I realized the entire lug fell off and I soldered to the wrong one so I need to order a new one.can someone look up the part number for the switch so I can order it on break?

20190228_133230 (resized).jpg20190228_133230 (resized).jpg
#1197 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

My grandpa scoop stopped working right before leaving for work so I only had a few minutes to look at it.I found a green wire hanging and soldered it back on and it still didn't work but after talking to a friend I realized the entire lug fell off and I soldered to the wrong one so I need to order a new one.can someone look up the part number for the switch so I can order it on break?
[quoted image]

Why wouldn't you call Stern support? It a new game...they will be happy to send you one!

#1198 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Why wouldn't you call Stern support? It a new game...they will be happy to send you one!

I guess I could I just figured I needed some other things and Marcos would be quick but I just got off work early so I will contact stern as suggested.I'm new to nib I'm not used to having support.

#1199 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I guess I could I just figured I needed some other things and Marcos would be quick but I just got off work early so I will contact stern as suggested.I'm new to nib I'm not used to having support.

Ok, but it makes sense that support is provided on a 5k+ item that was manufactured very recently. True?

The benefit of getting the part from Stern is you are assured to get exactly the right part.

Do what you want certainly, but there is value in making sure Stern is aware of issues like this. If no one ever picks up the phone, Stern assumes there are no issues (so it benefits the community to at least ping Stern and give them an opportunity to help).

Good luck...

#1200 5 years ago

Email was sent

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/24?hl=tmntrule999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.