pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 237.
#11501 1 year ago

Good post,Agreed PoMC,
Thx for the speech attentuation tip to 45,
Those little girl sounding call-outs are about the lamest in pinball.

#11502 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

MUCH more enjoyable gameplay with the Speech Attenuation set to 45. Quiets that truly awful voice of the woman pretending to be Marilyn. Doesn't quiet down the TV show callouts much, which is great.
Why aren't more TV callouts being used instead of the lady? At least the Paul Lynde impersonator should be the only callouts that aren't from the show. Huge mistake. I don't know how you guys have been enjoying the game being forced to listen to her.
Such great callouts, like:
Spot. Where are you Spot?
Spot where did you go?
Spahhhhht?
Eddie. Eddie. Eddie.
There you are Eddie.
Oh Grampa.
Herman is boosted.
Grandpa is going to win our car back. (WTF?)
Stern should know that female callouts in pinball just don't work well. Elivra being the exception.

I rather like all the callouts.

That, said. You are entitled to your opinion and I’m glad you have found a way to tune the game more to your liking.

#11503 1 year ago

I love the MUNSTERS have I said that on here before lol.

#11504 1 year ago

I always thought the female voice sounded more like Lilly than Marilyn, which makes more sense.

#11505 1 year ago

I've owned my Munsters Pro for a few weeks now. I have such a love/hate relationship with it. It's ALMOST the closest thing I've ever had to a "bolted to the floor" machine but I've come to the realization what keep me from this being a favorite of mine ... the SPOT shot.

Apologies if this is kicking a dead horse, I generally don't like to listen to impressions/reviews and such (unless it's SDTM because those guys are awesome!), I don't know if many others have mentioned this. The SPOT mode is too long and too dangerous of a shot. I've thought about changing settings but I don't want to turn off the SPOT popup off because then it becomes the same as other modes in the game. I don't want to turn the "pause flipper timer" off because then I'm just waiting around 30 seconds for the mode to run the timer down. If I keep it on default settings and try to complete the mode I'm losing a ball 95% of the time trying to make it through the mode.

I have seen the strategy of shooting the right ramp to time out the mode, but frankly that sucks and (IMO) should never be the best way to run through the game.

Any thoughts that will keep me enjoying this game for a longer period of time? Like I say, I absolutely LOVE every single other aspect of this game.

#11506 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I've owned my Munsters Pro for a few weeks now. I have such a love/hate relationship with it. It's ALMOST the closest thing I've ever had to a "bolted to the floor" machine but I've come to the realization what keep me from this being a favorite of mine ... the SPOT shot.
Apologies if this is kicking a dead horse, I generally don't like to listen to impressions/reviews and such (unless it's SDTM because those guys are awesome!), I don't know if many others have mentioned this. The SPOT mode is too long and too dangerous of a shot. I've thought about changing settings but I don't want to turn off the SPOT popup off because then it becomes the same as other modes in the game. I don't want to turn the "pause flipper timer" off because then I'm just waiting around 30 seconds for the mode to run the timer down. If I keep it on default settings and try to complete the mode I'm losing a ball 95% of the time trying to make it through the mode.
I have seen the strategy of shooting the right ramp to time out the mode, but frankly that sucks and (IMO) should never be the best way to run through the game.
Any thoughts that will keep me enjoying this game for a longer period of time? Like I say, I absolutely LOVE every single other aspect of this game.

Get a premium and you can enjoy the lower playfield!

#11507 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I cradle the ball with a flipper and take a beer break to regroup my thoughts on next game strategy.... agree to avoid hitting Spot, well maybe hit him once, as the rebound can go anywhere and the lights dim when he’s hit so it’s hard to follow the ball too !!!

#11508 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I agree the mode is too long but I'm not sure how they could fix it. What really sucks is completing the mode in 5-10 seconds and then having to wait. I just want that super so I don't keep shooting after I get that as the risk reward is not there. The safest shot is a backhand from the left flipper and I never shoot it from the right. I wish the mode would just end once you get the super.

#11509 1 year ago

If not for that shot, I’d find the game too easy.

So I’m kinda glad it’s there.

I try to go for it first thing rather than leaving it for last. If I’m gonna fail, I’d rather fail fast.

#11510 1 year ago

To help with the spot shot I almost feel like they should switch the mechanics between the Herman mode and the spot mode.

Just spitballing here.

#11511 1 year ago

Guys,

I am looking for the Wolfe shooter rod.. The stern one (502-7084-00) not the knock off one that’s floating around.. Does anyone have one in stock or for sale? Tnx

EC043320-8696-487E-98E7-75ACFFD572C9 (resized).jpegEC043320-8696-487E-98E7-75ACFFD572C9 (resized).jpeg
#11512 1 year ago
Quoted from dashv:

I rather like all the callouts.
That, said. You are entitled to your opinion and I’m glad you have found a way to tune the game more to your liking.

I agree. I am not nuts about fake Marilyn but turning Speech Attenuation up to 45 makes almost all callouts quiet. Herman, Paul Lynde, etc...I am willing to put up with Marilyn so that I don't lose those other callouts.

#11513 1 year ago

Has any had the main flippers die (loose power) on Premium? I have had the flippers go dead during Herman multi-ball on Premium B&W fully updated (and previous releases too) and am looking for a starting point to resolve it. Power is back in seconds. Some lights may be affected too... almost like a node board resets?

#11514 1 year ago
Quoted from drdowns:

Has any had the main flippers die (loose power) on Premium? I have had the flippers go dead during Herman multi-ball on Premium B&W fully updated (and previous releases too) and am looking for a starting point to resolve it. Power is back in seconds. Some lights may be affected too... almost like a node board resets?

I’ve never had that happened or anything on mine yet it has been flawless. I haven’t heard anyone having this problem that I can remember.

#11515 1 year ago
Quoted from drdowns:

haven't had this with flippers go dead, but i had something with the upper playfield losing shortly power. In my case it was the left lane wire that was bent and sheared of the cables of the opto on the left ramp. This when shooting up there i lost power, and herman did release the ball in when it was catched with the magnet. This is not what you got, but you have a shortage on some place?

or as you already indicated the nodeboard may not good any more. Maybe reseat the cables on the nodeboards. I am not sure, but can you maybe change the nodeboard with another machine? Or maybe this board is interchangable with one present in the machine and will wander if changed. But i do not too much about this.

#11516 1 year ago

I was playing my Munsters premium n got to Munster madness. My 6year old grandson was playing tmnt next to me when he heard me say Munster madness yes and then it was papa let me do it I said ok u have to do all four flippers at one time. He absolutely loved it n we were having a ball. He said papa that was fun let’s do it again I love pinball papa when u getting Deadpool n Godzilla u need more than 4. I said hang on papa will get another one soon lord he wants all them I’m going to have to get a second job lol lol.

2 weeks later
#11517 1 year ago

If anyone near west Michigan wants to trade their munsters pro for a Star Wars or mandalorian pro, please hit me with a PM.

#11518 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

If anyone near west Michigan wants to trade their munsters pro for a Star Wars or mandalorian pro, please hit me with a PM.

PM sent.

#11519 1 year ago

I used to have a Munsters pro and found a tube with the bottom of the cab art. I forget what I paid from stern but if any one needs the cab art I would sell it for $75 shipped. It’s the lower cab sides only. Not front or head. See part numbers

1D419B99-3485-4E15-A106-139F25B57A41 (resized).jpeg1D419B99-3485-4E15-A106-139F25B57A41 (resized).jpeg71C87FF9-7DDA-4CF6-8B28-2488FD6D0A77 (resized).jpeg71C87FF9-7DDA-4CF6-8B28-2488FD6D0A77 (resized).jpegD66AE649-7CB7-442A-9BEA-9F1C8896C786 (resized).jpegD66AE649-7CB7-442A-9BEA-9F1C8896C786 (resized).jpeg
#11520 1 year ago

Any tips on cleaning the lower playfield plastic cover?

Also received my new washers for the lower playfield, hoping replacing this will finally solve my constant leveling issues.

#11521 1 year ago

Had my first Munsters problem last night. As soon as I press the start button to begin a game it plays the animation of Lilly throwing the barrel under the stairs and tells me I have completed Spot Level 1. Does anyone know what might cause that?

#11522 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Also received my new washers for the lower playfield, hoping replacing this will finally solve my constant leveling issues.

Just take it out n clean with a little glass cleaner. I bought 2 new ones from pinball life to have as I have seen mine starting to show some wear. The washer will fix the levels on it I did mine and it is great

#11523 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

well you can either remove the plastic on top.
Or you can just leave the plastic and remove the lover playfield from under the playfield. It's quite easy. Only one cable i think and some screws.
But not so many as when you remove the plastic cover from top. And you do not need to level it.

#11524 1 year ago

Check the opto on the spot ramp.

Quoted from Newtothis:

Had my first Munsters problem last night. As soon as I press the start button to begin a game it plays the animation of Lilly throwing the barrel under the stairs and tells me I have completed Spot Level 1. Does anyone know what might cause that?

#11525 1 year ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

I kind of wish mine would auto complete spot for me so I don’t have to get lucky in the basement

#11526 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Just take it out n clean with a little glass cleaner. I bought 2 new ones from pinball life to have as I have seen mine starting to show some wear. The washer will fix the levels on it I did mine and it is great

Maybe I’ll grab a back up. I’ve been waiting to clean it for when I go to do the washers and wasn’t sure how good it will clean up. I’m hoping I’ve got all the majority of the flipper dust out of them.

I’m assuming as long as I take my time I can probably just lift the whole thing and even keep the screws in the plastic. Some of the washers will probably just stick if not all of them

#11527 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Thanks, I was just looking through the manual on Stern's website a few minutes ago and it does seem that is the best place to start.

#11528 1 year ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

check if the herman munster bash toy wire form (left side) has contact with the opto. Sometimes the wireform will deform and shorten the opto, sheer of cables.

#11529 1 year ago

Agree with Lopa and cabal wire will bend from bash toy and hit opto causing problems look at 3D printing on pinside for fix cabal might know! Easy to remove grandpa lab for cleaning than trying to level out Playfield IMO. Fitted Precision Pinball Halo flippers and bushings, recently makes a difference to gameplay and appearance John is doing a great job with these

#11530 1 year ago
Quoted from TRIBUL:

Fitted Precision Pinball Halo flippers and bushings, recently makes a difference to gameplay and appearance John is doing a great job with these

What color did not go with?

#11531 1 year ago

Black will try to post pictures when grandkids are here l not sure how! Had to turn coil power to soft as new flippers are very strong, easy now too adjust Flipper angle and fit new Flipper rubbers no need to rase Playfield easy fitment inmo a great improvement! HAY STERN HOW ABOUT A CODE UPDATE AND TOPPER REMAKE?

#11532 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Quoted from cabal:

check if the herman munster bash toy wire form (left side) has contact with the opto. Sometimes the wireform will deform and shorten the opto, sheer of cables.

Thanks guys. Found my staircase opto screws were loose

#11533 1 year ago
Quoted from TRIBUL:

Black will try to post pictures when grandkids are here l not sure how! Had to turn coil power to soft as new flippers are very strong, easy now too adjust Flipper angle and fit new Flipper rubbers no need to rase Playfield easy fitment inmo a great improvement! HAY STERN HOW ABOUT A CODE UPDATE AND TOPPER REMAKE?

Man can we dream lol. We got 3 code updates last year n have wonder if we might get at least one more which don’t get me wrong I love my Munsters premium and think it’s a great pin but one more pull out all the stops code update would be fantastic. Lol

#11534 1 year ago
Quoted from TRIBUL:

Thanks, look forward to seeing the pics and I see I had a typo .... I plan on getting a set for my The Munsters in early 2023, like to see what some colors look like.

wonder if John would considered making small halo flippers for grandpa’s lab? I think they’re the same size as other mini playfield games but don’t know these new Sterns off the top of my head. But I guess a bunch of small flipper parts would need to be designed like the bushings, etc. so maybe not enough demand.

#11535 1 year ago
16713373243566977177819982435001 (resized).jpg16713373243566977177819982435001 (resized).jpg
#11536 1 year ago

Just got hold of an LE yesterday and did a little initial impressions review if anyone is interested?

Cheers

#11537 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Received mine today. Great job well packed Pinball-metal
[quoted image]

I thought pinball metal didn’t exist anymore? They have an outdated website and never respond to any messages.how did you purchase these?

#11538 1 year ago

PM Pinball-Metal. I just purchased a set for my Premium Color. He said he had a few sets left.

J.

#11539 1 year ago

Man I love my MUNSTERS DAMN I keep repeating myself

#11540 1 year ago

Got my Munsters about a month ago and just finished this DIY topper. 1:18 scale Koach and Dragula along with data plates for each vehicle. Green Leds tied to GI and white leds tied to Dragula flasher which sort of simulates a lightning effect.

20221227_181733 (resized).jpg20221227_181733 (resized).jpg
#11541 1 year ago
Quoted from Drumz67:

Got my Munsters about a month ago and just finished this DIY topper. 1:18 scale Koach and Dragula along with data plates for each vehicle. Green Leds tied to GI and white leds tied to Dragula flasher which sort of simulates a lightning effect.
[quoted image]

That’s nice great job. I’ve been thinking about getting me the cars n doing something like that for mine.

#11542 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

That’s nice great job. I’ve been thinking about getting me the cars n doing something like that for mine.

I "had" the $200 Bradford Exchange car with figures up there..... should have fastened it better.... and boy its fragile.... exploded on impact...

#11543 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I "had" the $200 Bradford Exchange car with figures up there..... should have fastened it better.... and boy its fragile.... exploded on impact...

That stinks. We have a few members in our pinball group who can get a bit rough with the machines, so I go to great lengths to secure everyrhing. The vehicles are held in place with strategically placed zip ties that loop through the base.

#11544 1 year ago
Quoted from Drumz67:

[quoted image]

That looks great! Where did you get the data plates?

#11545 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

That looks great! Where did you get the data plates?

Etsy. Just a random search result when looking up info on the vehicles. Got lucky
https://www.etsy.com/listing/263085696/custom-munsters-drag-u-la-serial-data

#11546 1 year ago

finish the year of with a round of midnight madness is there a better way?

#11547 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:finish the year of with a round of midnight madness is there a better way?

Surely you mean Munster Madness? Or should I play a game tonite at Midnight?

#11548 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

there is a special midnight mode. Set the system time to near midnight (or stay up playing) and at midnight, if you are in a game, you'll have some fun

#11549 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

hope you get to play midnight madness on munsters, it's a fun mode.

#11550 1 year ago
Quoted from Drumz67:

Etsy. Just a random search result when looking up info on the vehicles. Got lucky
https://www.etsy.com/listing/263085696/custom-munsters-drag-u-la-serial-data

Thanks for the link, they have some cool stuff on that site.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/231 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.