pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 237.
#11251 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, i can only list/compare the ones i see listed in your profile...
and than, i agree with you all about the fact that Munsters is too far on that list, but please, in the other way, stop saying this is a "top 10 game" & "the code is deep", as its a complete nonsense
btw, Munsters is NOT crap at all ! but than, if you're asking me, that means you even didnt read what i wrote in my rating...

No I read it but it’s all good we all have our opinion on Munsters. Top 10. Lol.

#11252 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Munsters is a SPIKE 2 system, (quite ?) all these pins have that lifetime audit
TWD is a SAM one, as all others SAM pins, no lifetime, that means you can reset all to zero/factory as you want... than shooterlane, scoops, magnets, and some others places on the playfield will tell about the game state
edit : may be i'm wrong about SAM, some pins may already have that, to be confirmed

Thanks for the detailed response.

Gord

#11253 1 year ago

Thanks for confirming.

Gord

#11254 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

No I read it but it’s all good we all have our opinion on Munsters. Top 10. Lol.

+1: Munsters is a top 10 game design by Borg, with great code by Dwight and sales according to a Stern insider prove it. It was not archived because it wasn’t selling well. There are some issues we don’t know about, which also are related reasons for the very late code updates. If these updates had been done way back when, Munsters would not have been the whipping child of pinside.

Here’s how hot this game is now. One selling for twice its original price:
0F751826-746A-4ABC-BB11-CC72F7C68E6E (resized).jpeg0F751826-746A-4ABC-BB11-CC72F7C68E6E (resized).jpeg

#11255 1 year ago

Installed my color changing translite I got from Xianek. It is incredible. Black and white when off changes to deep, rich color when on. Stunning. Pics really don't do it justice.

IMG_4285 (resized).jpgIMG_4285 (resized).jpgIMG_4286 (resized).jpgIMG_4286 (resized).jpg
#11256 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

Installed my color changing translite I got from Xianek. It is incredible. Black and white when off changes to deep, rich color when on. Stunning. Pics really don't do it justice.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you order it and how much?

#11257 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

He's on Discord. Channel name is "Xianek's Club". Those translites are 85 Euros plus 35 Euros for priority shipping to the U.S.

You order by sending him Paypal and then messaging him your shipping address.

#11258 1 year ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

He's on Discord. Channel name is "Xianek's Club". Those translites are 85 Euros plus 35 Euros for priority shipping to the U.S.

^^^^^ Bingo. Worth every penny.

#11259 1 year ago

it's also available as backglass i think. Then it's around 180Euro plus shipping.
I got the translite too It's just incredible. But instead of changing it in the pinball i did set it up in a lighted frame
you can have never enough munster.

#11260 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

it's also available as backglass i think. Then it's around 180Euro plus shipping.
I got the translite too It's just incredible. But instead of changing it in the pinball i did set it up in a lighted frame
you can have never enough munster.

What is discord n how do I get there I want one bad like u said can’t have enough Munsters. Lol

#11261 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

What is discord n how do I get there I want one bad like u said can’t have enough Munsters. Lol

you can go on his website:
https://www.xianek.eu/

there you will find all the contacts, like discord whatsapp....

#11262 1 year ago

Hey anyone have an idea what might be going on with my pinside. It said 5 new post in Munsters and when I go to look at them there not there it’s old ones from a couple days or so ago n it’s done that on other threads. I just renewed my subscription to.

#11263 1 year ago

I am going to clean the lower playfield and plexiglass window on my Munsters LE and was wondering what is the simplest way to gain access to the lower playfield (Grandpa's Lab) to inspect the various rubbers and to clean the underside of the plexiglass window and the lower playfield. I have read that some folks remove the plexiglass window from the top side, but it seems that several have also either broken or stripped the screws that secure it to the main playfield and there is also the issue of re-levelling the window when re-installing it.

Others have said to remove the lower playfield from underneath the main playfield is the best and safest method by unscrewing 4 screws that secure it to the upper playfield and then disconnecting 3 electrical connectors. I will also check the owner's manual to see what is recommended, but I wanted to query the Munsters Club members first as many of you have actually already performed this task.

Thanks.

Gord

#11264 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I am going to clean the lower playfield and plexiglass window on my Munsters LE and was wondering what is the simplest way to gain access to the lower playfield (Grandpa's Lab) to inspect the various rubbers and to clean the underside of the plexiglass window and the lower playfield. I have read that some folks remove the plexiglass window from the top side, but it seems that several have also either broken or stripped the screws that secure it to the main playfield and there is also the issue of re-levelling the window when re-installing it.
Others have said to remove the lower playfield from underneath the main playfield is the best and safest method by unscrewing 4 screws that secure it to the upper playfield and then disconnecting 3 electrical connectors. I will also check the owner's manual to see what is recommended, but I wanted to query the Munsters Club members first as many of you have actually already performed this task.
Thanks.
Gord

I’ve used method 2 many times and feel it’s the best approach. It doesn’t require you to relevel the plexiglass cover with your main playfield each time you clean.

Definitely the best approach and super easy!

#11265 1 year ago

Lower playfield is easier that taking the plastic out

#11266 1 year ago

Done both and much easier to take out from below playfield.

#11267 1 year ago

Thanks guys for confirming that removing the lower playfield seems to be the consensus. I just removed the lower playfield and cleaned the rubbers, ramps, lower playfield and plexiglass window. It was as simple as removing 4 lock nuts and 3 electrical connections.

The entire process took about 15 minutes from the start to having the lower playfield re-installed. I sort of expected it to be like removing one of the WOZ mini-playfields which are a little bit more of a project to remove and re-install.

Gord

#11268 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

you cant be serious !? are you ?
ok about setting your collection "private", but what about your rating(s) ?
and than, after your words, let's check your mates :
* Dashv :
owning TMNT, not rated
owning MMR, rated 9.620
owning Swords of fury , rated 9.540
owning Munsters, rated 9.140
owning RFM, rated 9.760
owning AFMR, rated 10
owning STTNG, rated 7.964
*Bigc66 :
owning GOTG, rated 9.7
owning Munsters, rated 10
btw, i've myself rated Munsters, to me honestly (for my POV) : https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/ripleyyy/ratings

Thanks for reminding me, I need to rate TMNT and add Mando to my collection and rate that.

#11269 1 year ago
Quoted from dashv:

Thanks for reminding me, I need to rate TMNT and add Mando to my collection and rate that.

that proves its nice to exchange (even if we dont agree on some points)

#11270 1 year ago

I'm looking for a black and white premium model in case anyone was considering selling or trading. I can trade DE Star Wars, Ghostbusters Pro, Black Knight or just cash. Within 3 hours drive of York, PA.
Thanks

#11272 1 year ago

Selling for $17,500.00…and worth every penny. People are beginning to discover what they’ve missed out on. Munsters will continue to go up in value to the chagrin of the past pinside pitch forker’s and stoners. LOL!

#11273 1 year ago

Nice!! My LE will never leave....but nice to see

#11275 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Sale pending!!

That was my point. going up.....

#11276 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Sale pending!!

in french, we have a dicton who says "tous les matins y'a un pigeon qui se lève"
not sure if this can be translate in english, but you should easily understand the overall meaning

#11277 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

in french, we have a dicton who says "tous les matins y'a un pigeon qui se lève"
not sure if this can be translate in english, but you should easily understand the overall meaning

No I dont.... have no idea.....

#11278 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

I think that’s roughy equivalent to “There’s a sucker born every minute”.

#11279 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think that’s roughy equivalent to “There’s a sucker born every minute”.

well, its not that harsh, its more (about the price & someone buying it) "every morning a pigeon wake up"

but of course, evbd do what he wants with his money, that's another point for sure

#11280 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

No I dont.... have no idea.....

Exactly nobody does n really nobody cares

#11281 1 year ago

If I ever get to the point where I either lose one of the 2 miniature pinballs in the lower playfield on my Munsters LE or need to replace one is there a place to pickup a replacment miniature pinball? I don't see them anywhere on Stern's website so I was wondering if any of the usual suspects might carry this small pinball size.

Gord

#11282 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

If I ever get to the point where I either lose one of the 2 miniature pinballs in the lower playfield on my Munsters LE or need to replace one is there a place to pickup a replacment miniature pinball? I don't see them anywhere on Stern's website so I was wondering if any of the usual suspects might carry this small pinball size.
Gord

Ebay
Ball bearings carbon

#11283 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Ebay
Ball bearings carbon

Thanks, I tried that search on Ebay and it returns dozens of results. What is the exact size that I would need for the Munsters lower playfield?

Gord

#11284 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Thanks, I tried that search on Ebay and it returns dozens of results. What is the exact size that I would need for the Munsters lower playfield?
Gord

I never measured them but look through this thread I believe it was mentioned previously !

#11285 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord

Somewhere in this thread someone posted the size, and I think someone posted a link to a vendor that sold them. I think it was Marco.

#11286 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord

i thinks this is what you are searching for:
https://pu-parts.com/5-8-stewie-pinball

it's a german company, but maybe you can get the details and part-numbers of the site.

#11287 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

i thinks this is what you are searching for:
https://pu-parts.com/5-8-stewie-pinball
it's a german company, but maybe you can get the details and part-numbers of the site.

Thanks for the link. Based upon that link I was able to get the Stern reference # 260-5002-00 and from that I pulled up the following on the Marco website.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=260-5002-00

Gord

#11288 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Thanks for the link. Based upon that link I was able to get the Stern reference # 260-5002-00 and from that I pulled up the following on the Marco website.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=260-5002-00
Gord

Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord

ebay.com link: itm

#11289 1 year ago

Played a game just to see how far I could push the super jackpot and got this. Thought it would be a nice one but was blown away at 192.

203E4C40-3403-4DB9-BE46-693972328C73 (resized).jpeg203E4C40-3403-4DB9-BE46-693972328C73 (resized).jpeg
#11290 1 year ago

Wow! Didn’t think one that high was possible. Guess it got a bump in the newest code updates? Great to see.

#11291 1 year ago

Munsters wood grain tv mod is available again in my Pinside shop and at Mezelmods.

IMG_20190118_064036_023 (resized).jpgIMG_20190118_064036_023 (resized).jpg
#11292 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

I just want to echo this sentiment. I just received my translite from Xianek. Aside from the coolness factor of being black and white when off and changing to color when lit, the richness and clarity of this translite is just amazing. I also really like the artwork as the characters are MUCH more prominent. The stock translite looks muddy and washed out by comparison.

It was VERY well packed with double-walled cardboard and foam-paper wrapped with protective plastic film on the front.

Xianek Munsters.jpgXianek Munsters.jpg

Quoted from Thunderbird:

https://www.xianek.eu/ or contact him on his Discord server https://discord.gg/rfXUZJFg which is what I did.

It was 120 Euros including shipping, which ended up being about $140 USD.

#11293 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Munsters wood grain tv mod is available again in my Pinside shop and at Mezelmods.
[quoted image]

I was wondering if this would ever be available again. I’ve got nearly everything except this.

#11294 1 year ago

I just want to echo this sentiment. I just received my translite from Xianek. Aside from the coolness factor of being black and white when off and changing to color when lit, the richness and clarity of this translite is just amazing. I also really like the artwork as the characters are MUCH more prominent. The stock translite looks muddy and washed out by comparison.
It was VERY well packed with double-walled cardboard and foam-paper wrapped with protective plastic film on the front.
[quoted image]

https://www.xianek.eu/ or contact him on his Discord server https://discord.gg/rfXUZJFg which is what I did.
It was 120 Euros including shipping, which ended up being about $140 USD.

Wow that’s nice I must have it for my premium color.

#11295 1 year ago

Has anyone else had issues with code update 1.21? It failed with a USB and now with a SD card. It seems to be initiating Impossible Play randomly.

#11296 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

Has anyone else had issues with code update 1.21? It failed with a USB and now with a SD card. It seems to be initiating Impossible Play randomly.

I’ve not had one problem so far n that’s the first I’ve ever heard it doing that.

#11297 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballdad1961:Has anyone else had issues with code update 1.21? It failed with a USB and now with a SD card. It seems to be initiating Impossible Play randomly.

no i haven't had this before. My wife played recently and we had a restart of the machine.
I would save the highscore and settings on a usb-stick. -> utilities -> Save

Then a new fresh image written on a new SD-Card. And then restore the settings from USB-Drive.

Thats so nice that you can save and restore settings and highscore so easy. It makes replacement of the SD-Card and Images so easy.

#11298 1 year ago

Thanks, but I am way past that point.

A little background: the game played great since I purchased it new in March 2019. I updated to the 1.21 code with a USB in April. The machine would play a couple games and then not allow a game to start. Suspecting a corrupted USB, I tried loading again with a new USB, with same results. So, suspecting a corrupted SD, I tried a new SD, but with same results. I don’t have a copy of the old code, otherwise I would give that a try.

If I could somehow get a copy of older code, I would love to give it a try.

Also, if anyone has a suggestion on troubleshooting this problem, I am all ears. Stern is not responding to messages, so I’m not counting on any assistance from them.

Attached is a pic of a recent start up. I only saw it once, but it was an odd message in my opinion.

Quoted from cabal:

no i haven't had this before. My wife played recently and we had a restart of the machine.
I would save the highscore and settings on a usb-stick. -> utilities -> Save
Then a new fresh image written on a new SD-Card. And then restore the settings from USB-Drive.
Thats so nice that you can save and restore settings and highscore so easy. It makes replacement of the SD-Card and Images so easy.

2A457D4C-CF71-4B0F-9DD4-4E73F90DEEBB (resized).jpeg2A457D4C-CF71-4B0F-9DD4-4E73F90DEEBB (resized).jpeg
#11299 1 year ago

... I don’t have a copy of the old code, otherwise I would give that a try...[quoted image]

Looks like I have 1.03 and 1.10 for the Pro. Holler if you need it.

#11300 1 year ago

A little background: the game played great since I purchased it new in March 2019. I updated to the 1.21 code with a USB in April. The machine would play a couple games and then not allow a game to start. Suspecting a corrupted USB, I tried loading again with a new USB, with same results. So, suspecting a corrupted SD, I tried a new SD, but with same results. I don’t have a copy of the old code, otherwise I would give that a try.
Also, if anyone has a suggestion on troubleshooting this problem, I am all ears. Stern is not responding to messages, so I’m not counting on any assistance from them.
Attached is a pic of a recent start up. I only saw it once, but it was an odd message in my opinion.
[quoted image]

[quoted image]

yes plesae pm if you need older code. You have normal power supply running? or something special.
Normaly you will not be able to operate systems outside countries with different voltage and frequency on the power supply.
But i guess you have a normal not reimported game?
Do you have the possibility to change the power suppy with another game? Maybe the power supply is somehow doing strange things.
i am only guessing here, maybe someone else knows more?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/226?hl=cabal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.