pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 237.
#11151 2 years ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

Picked up a Munsters Pro. New machine, only problem so far is that it doesn't seem that Spot comes out from under the stairs. Any ideas??

go into test!

#11152 2 years ago

I'll google how to do that, new to pinball ownership. Thanks!

#11153 2 years ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

I'll google how to do that, new to pinball ownership. Thanks!

well than, simply set it to FACTORY SETTINGS, this is easy to found in the settings, and than, if SPOT was just desactived by previous owner, he will be activated again

but if "new machine" mean real NIB, forget my idea, than you'll have to go in test mode

#11154 2 years ago

Yep just installed tonight and racked up over half the achievements in the first game.

BE CAREFUL!!! My front flat-head screws were missing from the manufacturer, which I had no idea about until I followed the installation guide and had the table lifted all the way up, took off the 11/32" nuts underneath the playfield and the whole front apron nearly fell down between the backglass and the playfield, which would have caused serious damage. It barely wedged itself as I was returning the table to the normal position and I grabbed it before it fell all the way down...moral of the story: MAKE SURE YOUR FRONT FLAT-HEAD SCREWS ARE ACTAULLY IN THE APRON HARNESS BEFORE YOU START WORKING!!! (These are located under the lock-down bar).

The IC makes the already updated code even more fun! Enjoy getting those achievements!!

Quoted from dashv:

Got my insider connected for Munsters this week and the mod to install it in the dollar bill acceptor spot instead of the apron.
Gonna stream installing it this weekend.
Anyone here already installed it and started racking up achievements?

#11155 2 years ago
Quoted from DentalDude88:

Yep just installed tonight and racked up over half the achievements in the first game.
BE CAREFUL!!! My front flat-head screws were missing from the manufacturer, which I had no idea about until I followed the installation guide and had the table lifted all the way up, took off the 11/32" nuts underneath the playfield and the whole front apron nearly fell down between the backglass and the playfield, which would have caused serious damage. It barely wedged itself as I was returning the table to the normal position and I grabbed it before it fell all the way down...moral of the story: MAKE SURE YOUR FRONT FLAT-HEAD SCREWS ARE ACTAULLY IN THE APRON HARNESS BEFORE YOU START WORKING!!! (These are located under the lock-down bar).
The IC makes the already updated code even more fun! Enjoy getting those achievements!!

I replaced the apron on Stranger Things when installing the UV kit and also on my Swords of Fury while restoring it. I’m always nervous I’ll scratch the playfield or something when I mess with one.

It’s just my personal preference but I refuse to give up 1/3 of my apron to generic insider connected advertising.

I prefer a nice game specific card and game specific corner art. So for both TMNT and Munsters I used the Gotfrogs Design dollar bill acceptor plate mounting kit.

I think it makes for a quicker, easier, and totally reversible installation.

I showed how to install it on stream today with Munsters Premium:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1459374390

The mod from Gotfrogs is here on Pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05778-metal-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount

I’m still editing my TMNT install instructions for YouTube.

#11156 2 years ago

I didn't put the advertising stickers on mine, just the QR reader, but the door application sounds cool too.

Quoted from dashv:

It’s just my personal preference but I refuse to give up 1/3 of my apron to generic insider connected advertising.

#11157 2 years ago

Talked to the shop where I got it, Spot had just been deactivated in the menu, so I just went in there and reactivated him. Thanks for all the suggestions!

#11158 2 years ago

Now having played my share on Munsters after the code update, i can only say i love it even more. At first i was afraid they changed too much, but no it was just right.
I love the Couch Potato mode so much, i always do some plays when playing at the machine. Sometimes before starting normal Games or sometimes between.
All the new call outs and the chattering teeth stuff just adds so much to the game play. in recent time i did more plays on the Pro, reason is the streaming equipment it attached to it and with the limited free time i have at the moment the pro suits me at the moment better with game play. Just some nice straight games. Hope i can more free time soon to do some relaxed games on the LE with the lower playfield. I love it, but it's a mood thing for me what i prefer at the moment.
Secret mania, yes it's back i had my share now with the activation via chattering teeth and mystery. It's a little mode, but strange enough every time i get it i drain very fast, maybe thats the secret
Secret Mania in combination with Spot does not make that much sense.
But they should have kept the flipper codes in a way. Maybe changed them to something funny.
Like the 414 with welcome to the munsters just have stayed without any function.
or the 423 modified to something funny about munsters.

The Monster play/Impossible play is fun sometimes too, even if this play mode does not so much help you to train ball control, but it helps me to think what i do with the flippers.

And soon i hope i will get more fun out of it, with the insider connected. here in Europe we are still waiting for the kit's, i don't think a great amount have arrived here.
Let's see how it will impact on the clock setting for Midnight Madness, at the momet i have the clock a little off, that i can get midnight madness at a normal day time

It took long enough for the Code update, i loved the machine before and now even more

#11159 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Now having played my share on Munsters after the code update, i can only say i love it even more. At first i was afraid they changed too much, but no it was just right.
I love the Couch Potato mode so much, i always do some plays when playing at the machine. Sometimes before starting normal Games or sometimes between.
All the new call outs and the chattering teeth stuff just adds so much to the game play. in recent time i did more plays on the Pro, reason is the streaming equipment it attached to it and with the limited free time i have at the moment the pro suits me at the moment better with game play. Just some nice straight games. Hope i can more free time soon to do some relaxed games on the LE with the lower playfield. I love it, but it's a mood thing for me what i prefer at the moment.
Secret mania, yes it's back i had my share now with the activation via chattering teeth and mystery. It's a little mode, but strange enough every time i get it i drain very fast, maybe thats the secret
Secret Mania in combination with Spot does not make that much sense.
But they should have kept the flipper codes in a way. Maybe changed them to something funny.
Like the 414 with welcome to the munsters just have stayed without any function.
or the 423 modified to something funny about munsters.
The Monster play/Impossible play is fun sometimes too, even if this play mode does not so much help you to train ball control, but it helps me to think what i do with the flippers.
And soon i hope i will get more fun out of it, with the insider connected. here in Europe we are still waiting for the kit's, i don't think a great amount have arrived here.
Let's see how it will impact on the clock setting for Midnight Madness, at the momet i have the clock a little off, that i can get midnight madness at a normal day time
It took long enough for the Code update, i loved the machine before and now even more

I’m with you what a great great game. The code updates really brought this pin out n to a whole another level. I have the premium color with a lot of mods specially my pin stadium lights that really make the art work pop. I know this is not a lot of points but I scored 400 million n was pumped up it was fantastic lights going wild balls coming at me left n right just a fantastic pin all the way through.

1 week later
#11160 1 year ago

Let’s wake up out there people lol. Just kidding hey wanted to remind everyone that if u want side armor for your PREMIUM u can buy the pro side armor n cut the hole out. It’s very easy to do but only a few places still have some left so don’t wait it really looks great.

#11161 1 year ago
8B8C03BC-1EA6-4C3A-9CC6-34E708E33288 (resized).jpeg8B8C03BC-1EA6-4C3A-9CC6-34E708E33288 (resized).jpeg
#11162 1 year ago

I’ll start off by admitting I’m not the best on computer technical issues. A code update looks to be very easy, so I’m struggling mightily…..lol

I uploaded the 1.21 code and the game is randomly stopping or not playing

I used an apple laptop for downloading—could this be the problem? The machine claims it was a successful upload, but it’s not playing correctly. Any suggestions?

#11163 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

I’ll start off by admitting I’m not the best on computer technical issues. A code update looks to be very easy, so I’m struggling mightily…..lol
I uploaded the 1.21 code and the game is randomly stopping or not playing
I used an apple laptop for downloading—could this be the problem? The machine claims it was a successful upload, but it’s not playing correctly. Any suggestions?

Use my apple computer regularly with zero issues. Check and make sure you redownload the code for your version of Munsters. Select a verify and full install after USB stick insertion. Make sure your SD card located in top of the Spike 2 board is fully inserted.

#11164 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Use my apple computer regularly with zero issues. Check and make sure you redownload the code for your version of Munsters. Select a verify and full install after USB stick insertion. Make sure your SD card located in top of the Spike 2 board is fully inserted.

Thanks for the reply!

I verified the FAT32 format and the SD card is fully engaged. Just to be sure I didn’t have a data transfer issue, I re-downloaded the 1.21 code.

So, when I plug in the Zip drive and turn on the machine, it goes right into game boot mode. How do I erase/reload the code?

#11165 1 year ago

It should see the usb on boot and go right into the update. If it is not seeing it you may need to extract the zip file to the usb drive. I always extract it when I do usb updates. Another alternative is to just re-flash the sd card completely using the image from

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

That is the cleanest way to reset the code.

#11166 1 year ago

Nice Alternative Translite……

#11167 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

That’s sweet are u going to make some to sell I would definitely buy one. I need it bad LOL.

#11168 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Now that is cool!

#11169 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

I agree with the other positive comments regarding this B/W translite that turns to color when lit up. It captures the spirit of the B/W and color versions of the game and is brilliant.

Gord

#11170 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

What sorcery is this? Fantastic looking translite with an amazing effect.

#11171 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

If you are going to sell any of these, please count me in.

#11172 1 year ago

Here is the artist of the Translite:

https://xianek.eu/

#11174 1 year ago

I mean WHAT!!! HOW?? But it was......now it's......

#11175 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Here is the artist of the Translite:
https://xianek.eu/

I dont see the translite anywhere on the website. Too new?

#11176 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Very cool!

#11177 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

I dont see the translite anywhere on the website. Too new?

Check out his discord chanel.

https://discord.com/invite/p639r5NaEU

#11178 1 year ago

thanks, did just order one.
I hope it will be as expected. But i have only heard postive vibes in connection with xianek. Communication and ordering was just easy. now i am waiting.
1st thing a color chaging translite, what a blast.
2nd This going from black and White to color just captures the whole idea and flaire of the game and Munsters in total. With the black and white premium and series, but also with Munsters movies in color and the Pro and LE Machines.

#11179 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

thanks, did just order one.
I hope it will be as expected. But i have only heard postive vibes in connection with xianek. Communication and ordering was just easy. now i am waiting.
1st thing a color chaging translite, what a blast.
2nd This going from black and White to color just captures the whole idea and flaire of the game and Munsters in total. With the black and white premium and series, but also with Munsters movies in color and the Pro and LE Machines.

Hättest Du auch im Deutschen Forum gefunden……
Xianek ist seriös.

#11180 1 year ago

Link doesn’t work. May be a one time use thing.

#11181 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Link doesn’t work. May be a one time use thing.

on the site:
https://xianek.eu/?l=en you can find the discord link

https://xianek.eu/discord

#11183 1 year ago

here is a example of a dick-head. Just a guy selling his Munsters..since he has (2) of them, and he has to put up with shit from a A-hole "@beergut666"
Such a helpful guy. Post #3

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-munsters-premium-41

#11184 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

here is a example of a dick-head. Just a guy selling his Munsters..since he has (2) of them, and he has to put up with shit from a A-hole "beergut666"
Such a helpful guy. Post #3
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-munsters-premium-41

Yea there’s no sense in it. The fact they were cheaper a couple of years ago doesn’t matter with 3 code updates it has made Munsters a great pin. My premium is not going anywhere n he want have no problem selling his. There are a whole hell of a bunch of pins that are turds but Munsters is not one of them by a long shot.

#11185 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Yea there’s no sense in it. The fact they were cheaper a couple of years ago doesn’t matter with 3 code updates it has made Munsters a great pin. My premium is not going anywhere n he want have no problem selling his. There are a whole hell of a bunch of pins that are turds but Munsters is not one of them by a long shot.

Fully agreed, Munsters is a AAA class machine. I’d easily put it in the top manipulated 10 of all time. It has it all, code depth (now), stellar layout, beautiful artwork, awesome theme, many callouts, great music. It still remains one of my family and friends all time favorites. Some morons on this site have used it as their whipping child far too long. If this machine had come from the Bally/Williams days, those same clowns would be lauding it as the best machine of all time. Unlike the other’s they hold so dear, this has a beloved real IP behind it. Mine’s not going anywhere, even being offered double what I paid.

#11186 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Fully agreed, Munsters is a AAA class machine. I’d easily put it in the top manipulated 10 of all time. It has it all, code depth (now), stellar layout, beautiful artwork, awesome theme, many callouts, great music. It still remains one of my family and friends all time favorites. Some morons on this site have used it as their whipping child far too long. If this machine had come from the Bally/Williams days, those same clowns would be lauding it as the best machine of all time. Unlike the other’s they hold so dear, this has a beloved real IP behind it. Mine’s not going anywhere, even being offered double what I paid.

Thunderbird me n u have been on the same page with this one. Absolutely one of the most beautiful n smooth shooters of all time n with the 3 new code updates nobody has a reason to complain in my opinion. People talk about the game didn’t sale good bull shit There we’re a lot of people that didn’t get there game the last production one cause Stern cut their distributors way short. Everywhere u look people are wanting to buy one mine is never going anywhere n u are correct top 10 easily.

#11187 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Thunderbird me n u have been on the same page with this one. Absolutely one of the most beautiful n smooth shooters of all time n with the 3 new code updates nobody has a reason to complain in my opinion. People talk about the game didn’t sale good bull shit There we’re a lot of people that didn’t get there game the last production one cause Stern cut their distributors way short. Everywhere u look people are wanting to buy one mine is never going anywhere n u are correct top 10 easily.

A stern distributer told me it’s the Stern game he sold the most of.
When he asked me guess wich game he sold the most I guessed met or ac/dc he said no Munsters!

#11188 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Munsters is one of the top selling games of all time, according to a good inside friend of mine. Stern didn’t stop making it because it wasn’t selling well. (Get the feeling there was an IP issue that popped up, Stern can’t tell us about. Hence the reason Dwight had to tell us the code was finished early.)

Quoted from freddy:

When he asked me guess wich game he sold the most I guessed met or ac/dc he said no Munsters!

More proof how well it sold. We are fortunate to get this title. The guy selling it for $10k is way too low. This title will only continue to appreciate in value, to the chagrin of the naysayers here on Pinside. I’ve talked to other distributors wishing they had more to sell. It’s part of the dynamic duo with Batman, an evergreen property that has to this day a huge active fan base of millions around the world. Go Munsters!

#11189 1 year ago

I finally got to spend some quality time with my old best friend's Munsters Premium, and WOW what a great game. Fun theme, great toys, artwork is excellent, animation and sound top notch, shots are super fun, and the mini playfield is super cool. Right off the bat I connected with it much more than any other Stern titles in recent years (so sick of band themes). Possibly the most underrated machine out there (this coming from more of a JJP fan!).

#11190 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Your right I’ve talked to a couple distributors I deal with n they said the same thing. People still call asking if they have one or can get them it.

#11191 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I agree 100%, and I was one of the people who didn't get one because Stern shorted my distributor. They would still be selling good if Stern would put them back into production, especially with the new movie coming out.

#11192 1 year ago

Anyone that comes over always gravitates toward Munsters, especially after they play my other machines. Family favorite! Such a smooth shooter and the new code has easily elevated it to Top 10. And adding insider Connected has made it even more interesting.
20220504_143206 (resized).jpg20220504_143206 (resized).jpg

#11193 1 year ago

Cualquiera que venga siempre gravita hacia Munsters, especialmente después de jugar con mis otras máquinas. favorito de la familia! Un tirador tan suave y el nuevo código lo ha elevado fácilmente al Top 10. Y agregar información privilegiada Connected lo ha hecho aún más interesante.
[quoted image]

I see you like fast pinball. I like too

The more fast is tnmt or ghostbuster?

#11194 1 year ago

TMNT is way faster than Ghostbusters. After you play TMNT enough, Munster's feels slow hehe!

Quoted from fhk:

I see you like fast pinball. I like too
The more fast is tnmt or ghostbuster?

#11195 1 year ago

Anyone that comes over always gravitates toward Munsters, especially after they play my other machines. Family favorite! Such a smooth shooter and the new code has easily elevated it to Top 10. And adding insider Connected has made it even more interesting.
[quoted image]

What does the insider connect add to the game? Wondering if it is worth adding.

I can’t get the insider connect working with my Godzilla so I can’t even see what it’s all about. Support is working on it.

#11196 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Yep, isn't that funny that Your Jurassic park is rated number (#4) and people still want to play (#99) Munsters more!!
Our top 100 list is so outdated..Robin should consider a restart from scratch (maybe once a year)...and see where it goes...anyways Munsters has always been the one that people go to at my house too...My MBR is a close second

#11197 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Yep, isn't that funny that Your Jurassic park is rated number (#4) and people still want to play (#99) Munsters more!!
Our top 100 list is so outdated..Robin should consider a restart from scratch (maybe once a year)...and see where it goes...anyways Munsters has always been the one that people go to at my house too...My MBR is a close second

I agree the list is out of wack n I have guardians of galaxy tmnt n Munsters premium. Everyone comes over to play they love all of them but Munsters is what they hit first it’s a 10 I’m my opinion.

#11198 1 year ago

TMNT es mucho más rápido que Ghostbusters. ¡Después de jugar TMNT lo suficiente, Munster se siente lento, jeje!

ejejej, yes munster is slow if play tnmt, and godzilla more more slow versus tnmt

#11199 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

The ratings are like Baskin Robbins... what's the flavor of the month. People just love to hype up their games when they come out. IMHO, if you want a gauge on true ratings, look at what machines sell for.

#11200 1 year ago

Yeah Munsters is a keeper. Sold my Jurassic park. Not a fan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 11,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/224 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.