IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 237.
#11051 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Munsters LE is both more at this point in my opinion. Would want cash on top if I really wanted a GNR

That was my thinking also...I see able electronics has a nib for 11K been trying to unload since June. sounds like even that would be a even trade!! The guy who offered me this option has less the 100 plays on his..mine has 300. With all the issues on a GNR I'm kinda resistant. But, I do love the band..and the machine is a good player when it works (GNR)

#11052 2 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Hmmmmmm...I have been given the opportunity to even trade my Munsters LE for a GNR LE...thoughts?

GNR? Munsters blows it away in every category and is definitely the more sought after game. There are tons of GNRs for sale for a reason. Munsters has exciting game play and a far superior layout that plays fast. GNR is quite slow and boring shot wise. Munsters has the most awesome return ramps in pinball. GNRs boring straight uninteresting return drums sticks habit trail, as well as straight guitar return habit trails are uninspired. GNR has no toys or interactive mechs. Munster has the best toys and mechs in all of pinball, with a complete mini PF below; the only game in all of pinball where a multiball can be played on upper and lower PFs at the same time. Munsters has purposeful MBs, GNR is one MB after MB, because there are no mech objectives to program into gameplay. Artwork on Munsters is superior to just about any game and especially better than GNR (subjective I know). You’ll be kicking yourself for trading that’s for sure, even with getting some money as well. Take a good look, there are tons and tons of GNRs for sale for a reason and no Munsters, only wanted ads usually. (If you love the band, buy a greatest hits CD for $10 and that’ll satisfy your itch easily with Axl when he actually had some kind of a voice. In GNR, since its a much older Axl with concert takes of him singing, his voice is now almost fully gone and quite grating to listen to while playing. Low game plays for a reason, game is lackluster, after all the blinding lights impressions wear off. The value of Munsters is going to continue to soar (its archived), while GNR will continue to go down as more and more are for sale on the 2nd hand market.

#11053 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

GNR? Munsters blows it away in every category and is definitely the more sought after game. There are tons of GNRs for sale for a reason. Munsters has exciting game play and a far superior layout that plays fast. GNR is quite slow and boring shot wise. Munsters has the most awesome return ramps in pinball. GNRs boring straight uninteresting return drums sticks habit trail, as well as straight guitar return habit trails are uninspired. GNR has no toys or interactive mechs. Munster has the best toys and mechs in all of pinball, with a complete mini PF below; the only game in all of pinball where a multiball can be played on upper and lower PFs at the same time. Munsters has purposeful MBs, GNR is one MB after MB, because there are no mech objectives to program into gameplay. Artwork on Munsters is superior to just about any game and especially better than GNR (subjective I know). You’ll be kicking yourself for trading that’s for sure, even with getting some money as well. Take a good look, there are tons and tons of GNRs for sale for a reason and no Munsters, only wanted ads usually. (If you love the band, buy a greatest hits CD for $10 and that’ll satisfy your itch easily with Axl when he actually had some kind of a voice. In GNR, since its a much older Axl with concert takes of him singing, his voice is now almost fully gone and quite grating to listen to while playing. Low game plays for a reason, game is lackluster, after all the blinding lights impressions wear off. The value of Munsters is going to continue to soar (its archived), while GNR will continue to go down as more and more are for sale on the 2nd hand market.

I saw the "ton's" for sale and I knew why. I just needed the support of this club to help remind me during my moment of weakness..thanks..whew.

#11054 2 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

That was my thinking also...I see able electronics has a nib for 11K been trying to unload since June. sounds like even that would be a even trade!! The guy who offered me this option has less the 100 plays on his..mine has 300. With all the issues on a GNR I'm kinda resistant. But, I do love the band..and the machine is a good player when it works (GNR)

JJP GNR music is great !
playing it gets boring quick for me. Munsters is just plain fun!

#11055 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Man U hit the nail on the head with everything u said. There is not another pin I would trade for my Munster premium. Even Elvira or willi wonka which are two that I want so much I can’t stand it lol

#11056 2 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Hmmmmmm...I have been given the opportunity to even trade my Munsters LE for a GNR LE...thoughts?

I’ve got both games (loaded B/W premium) and I play them both about the same amount. Both great games I feel. Both play completely different. Munsters is reasonably shallow rules wise but is an awesome shooter and challenge. GnR can be a little clunky at times but those rules are awesome. Hard for me to choose. I think you’re going to see plenty of GNR pop up but if we can get maybe just that one more code update with a wizard mode Munsters may become a top level pin.
While I’m here I just have to share this. Played my best game to date by a country mile the other night. 5 times Munster madness. Would have been wonderful if maybe that 5th or even 4th was a true wizard mode.

AB70AFE7-50F7-4C86-9FF7-CD16C241BD32 (resized).jpegAB70AFE7-50F7-4C86-9FF7-CD16C241BD32 (resized).jpeg

#11057 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:I’ve got both games (loaded B/W premium) and I play them both about the same amount. Both great games I feel. Both play completely different. Munsters is reasonably shallow rules wise but is an awesome shooter and challenge. GnR can be a little clunky at times but those rules are awesome. Hard for me to choose. I think you’re going to see plenty of GNR pop up but if we can get maybe just that one more code update with a wizard mode Munsters may become a top level pin.
While I’m here I just have to share this. Played the best game to date by a country mile the other night. 5 times Munster madness. Would have been wonderful if maybe that 5th or even 4th was a true wizard mode.
[quoted image]

Wow that's an amazing score. There's is wizard mode music in the dj mixer so hopefully there's still another update coming.

#11058 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Wow that's an amazing score. There's is wizard mode music in the dj mixer so hopefully there's still another update coming.

Yeah that’s what I’m hoping for. Fingers crossed.

#11059 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Played my best game to date by a country mile the other night. 5 times Munster madness. Would have been wonderful if maybe that 5th or even 4th was a true wizard mode.

just WOW ! and so much points more than me (989M with "only" 3 MM, was close to the 4th)

#11060 2 years ago

Well guys I left the club it was a great 3 years with just over 2500 plays but I have to sell a Stern to get a Stern and I was ready for a new game. Found a local trade for a Godzilla I couldn't pass up.

#11061 2 years ago

and i'll left the club tomorrow, the operator will bring back the game after 1 month loan (and tanx to him, 15 days "extra" !!! tanx to you Stephane P. / High Voltage Pinball Belgium)

and because it has to be as it (and surelly Boof-Ed gave me some inspiration tonight), i've just made it to the billion

Munsters (resized).jpgMunsters (resized).jpg

#11062 2 years ago

@Boof-Ed

i've than reached/played 4 MM, pity the last one was in X1, the 3 firsts were in X6

and if you wanna compare your scores table, here's mine :

#11063 2 years ago

Sure. I can’t get that bloody combo champ from the previous owner no matter how hard I’ve tried.

#11064 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Well guys I left the club it was a great 3 years with just over 2500 plays but I have to sell a Stern to get a Stern and I was ready for a new game. Found a local trade for a Godzilla I couldn't pass up.

Holy cow a Munsters for a Godzilla! Amazing!

#11065 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Holy cow a Munsters for a Godzilla! Amazing!

Right? I threw in a little cash but still was a great trade.

#11066 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Sure. I can’t get that bloody combo champ from the previous owner no matter how hard I’ve tried.

haha nice
well, 19 combos is hot for sure...

meanwhile Munsters is gone here, tanx to all you guys for the exchanges in this club, its a nice place, for a nice pin !

#11067 2 years ago

Haven’t reached anywhere near that score.. need to watch a few videos to see where I’m going wrong, that being said I haven’t put a lot of time on Munsters since I bought it NIB.

#11068 2 years ago

Out of interest, what’s a Munsters LE with topper and around 200 plays since new worth..

#11069 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Out of interest, what’s a Munsters LE with topper and around 200 plays since new worth..

I’ve seen them 12-14,000$ lately. A lot of people been looking for Munsters lately. I’ve had people wanting my premium I said nope not going anywhere.

#11070 2 years ago

Wow! Couldn’t give them away a few years ago

#11071 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Wow! Couldn’t give them away a few years ago

Only because of strong bias here on Pinside against Stern. If the exact same game had been made by JJP, Spooky or AP, it would have been heralded as a top 5 game and be listed there right now on the top heavily manipulated false 100. Instead a few loud voices on Pinside unfairly beat it down and used it as a whipping child. According to Borg sales were fantastic! Also according to a friend of mine in mods, it was a blockbuster release, judging by mod sales.

#11072 2 years ago

Elvira is in the new Munsters movie.

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 2.58.07 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-03-17 at 2.58.07 PM (resized).jpg
#11073 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Right? I threw in a little cash but still was a great trade.

I’m still waiting on my Godzilla. Which I am okay with… no idea where I’m going to put it.

#11074 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Only because of strong bias here on Pinside against Stern. If the exact same game had been made by JJP, Spooky or AP, it would have been heralded as a top 5 game and be listed there right now on the top heavily manipulated false 100. Instead a few loud voices on Pinside unfairly beat it down and used it as a whipping child. According to Borg sales were fantastic! Also according to a friend of mine in mods, it was a blockbuster release, judging by mod sales.

You are absolutely right there are games that are no way better than Munsters in the top 100 and like u a friend of mine in the business said people would be blown away if they knew just how many were sold.

#11075 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

You are absolutely right there are games that are no way better than Munsters in the top 100 and like u a friend of mine in the business said people would be blown away if they knew just how many were sold.

Ok how many??

#11076 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

The files are on thingaverse. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2780429
My friend printed at 45%. I thought they were a bit tall so I cut off the bottom rung and a half. Also hollowed out the center with a drill bit hoping to disperse the light a bit better.
Completely removed the factory flasher cap. Made a small plastic piece, roughly the same size as the stern flasher board. Epoxied the new flasher cover to the plastic piece.

Quoted from mbwalker:

I downloaded the files and noticed they were solid, so I went into TinkerCad and hollowed one out (reversed it for the example below). I'm out of translucent filament, so was just fooling around for now.
Some red translucent would be neat! A translucent resin print would be even better.
[quoted image]

Had a play around and printed the below in a PLA translucent filament. The remixed print is hollowed out and slides directly over all of the existing coloured flashers and designed to clear the 2 screws securing the current flashers. Base diameter is 48mm and 70 mm in height. The print included a raft and took around 4.5 hours on a Creality CR10S Pro for a single print.

I will submit the remixed design (file) for download on Thingiverse asap. See pics below.

P1 (resized).PNGP1 (resized).PNGP2 (resized).PNGP2 (resized).PNGP3 (resized).PNGP3 (resized).PNGP4 (resized).PNGP4 (resized).PNGP5 (resized).PNGP5 (resized).PNG
#11077 2 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

Had a play around and printed the below in a PLA translucent filament. The remixed print is hollowed out and slides directly over all of the existing coloured flashers and designed to clear the 2 screws securing the current flashers. Base diameter is 48mm and 70 mm in height. The print included a raft and took around 4.5 hours on a Creality CR10S Pro for a single print.
I will submit the remixed design (file) for download on Thingiverse asap. See pics below.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool!

#11078 2 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

Had a play around and printed the below in a PLA translucent filament. The remixed print is hollowed out and slides directly over all of the existing coloured flashers and designed to clear the 2 screws securing the current flashers. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice! I've made 3D mods for myself and friends and one thing I try to do is make the mods easy to install (i.e. slip on). So kudos to you for being able to slip over the existing flashers!

Not long ago, I 3D printed a raptor for my JP Pro that hides the original flat plastic raptor. I printed a fence that the raptor was 'breaking thru'. I didn't actually print the raptor itself, I bought that for a few bucks at a hobby store and made a mounting hole in the fence that his tail slipped thru and hot glued it in place. A few small holes at the base for mounting the fake plants (hides the original raptor flat plastic) and some hobby wire from Walmart for the 'busted fence' part...and done. Slips right over the original plastic.

In case you've missed it - there's a rather active 3D printing thread here on Pinside.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11079 2 years ago

Thanks so much for uploading your “insulater”mod for others to use. I’m going to print a few up as soon as I’m done upgrading my printer.

#11080 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Very nice! I've made 3D mods for myself and friends and one thing I try to do is make the mods easy to install (i.e. slip on). So kudos to you for being able to slip over the existing flashers!
Not long ago, I 3D printed a raptor for my JP Pro that hides the original flat plastic raptor. I printed a fence that the raptor was 'breaking thru'. I didn't actually print the raptor itself, I bought that for a few bucks at a hobby store and made a mounting hole in the fence that his tail slipped thru and hot glued it in place. A few small holes at the base for mounting the fake plants (hides the original raptor flat plastic) and some hobby wire from Walmart for the 'busted fence' part...and done. Slips right over the original plastic.
In case you've missed it - there's a rather active 3D printing thread here on Pinside.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is very well done. Innovative ! I will check out the 3D printing threads.

I have submitted the print on the Thingiverse site, the link is below.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5322682

#11081 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great!

#11082 2 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

Thanks for sharing the file, it looks great! I love the way you made it so it slips over the original hardware. I need to learn how to create stuff like this so I can try my hand at some mods for my games.

#11083 2 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

That looks great!

Thanks guys, that was a fun mod!

I've been trying to find a nice Thingiverse Munsters file I could mod for some '3D speaker' grilles. I made some for JP that I think turned out pretty decent.

Just can't find any good Munsters stl files tho. Here's the JP grilles:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Sorry - don't mean to turn this into the 3D thread.

#11084 2 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

I will submit the remixed design (file) for download on Thingiverse asap. See pics below.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done! great work, Thanks for sharing. As a note everything I print for Munsters I have been using a white PLA glow in the dark (glows green) filament. It gives a really cool green glowing effect that looks awesome on the B/W and likely on the color versions as well.

#11085 2 years ago

Some mods are now installed, just waiting corner leg LED from Paul and it will be perfect in my opinion
BD707B13-E858-44A7-8DE4-28F4100D9716 (resized).jpegBD707B13-E858-44A7-8DE4-28F4100D9716 (resized).jpeg7AE1E626-0ED0-4481-9E4A-AA391B045152 (resized).jpeg7AE1E626-0ED0-4481-9E4A-AA391B045152 (resized).jpeg2867C270-A5FF-4242-A328-AEF0BA1CCF0B (resized).jpeg2867C270-A5FF-4242-A328-AEF0BA1CCF0B (resized).jpeg9B0DDCC2-4960-489E-BFBA-99712E80B7F5 (resized).jpeg9B0DDCC2-4960-489E-BFBA-99712E80B7F5 (resized).jpeg05E20A58-491A-4686-90D5-FA4AC9A4B36A (resized).jpeg05E20A58-491A-4686-90D5-FA4AC9A4B36A (resized).jpeg

#11086 2 years ago
Quoted from francky93:

Some mods are now installed, just waiting corner leg LED from Paul and it will be perfect in my opinion

maintenant faut nous faire un vrai beau gros score

#11087 2 years ago

I still love the looks with Black Legs... pic courtesy of Magicchiz

blk (resized).jpgblk (resized).jpg
#11088 2 years ago

I just noticed when my machine (a premium) starts up that it indicates the code is "Pro Version 1.21". I'm sure I downloaded the premium code and uploaded it to the machine so I'm not sure why it is displaying this. I know when I did previous code upgrades in the past it would display "LE Version 1.xx". Not sure why it doesn't now and never has shown "Premium" as the code version. Any thoughts?

#11089 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I just noticed when my machine (a premium) starts up that it indicates the code is "Pro Version 1.21". I'm sure I downloaded the premium code and uploaded it to the machine so I'm not sure why it is displaying this. I know when I did previous code upgrades in the past it would display "LE Version 1.xx". Not sure why it doesn't now and never has shown "Premium" as the code version. Any thoughts?

My wife accidentally downloaded the pro code for my premium. The controlled lights especially on the lower playfield doing strange behaviour.

#11090 2 years ago

Wanted to present my new 3D Munsters flipper toppers for sale. Please see Pinside ad if interested in purchasing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/132201

FT - The Munsters (resized).jpgFT - The Munsters (resized).jpgFT - The Munsters 2 (resized).jpgFT - The Munsters 2 (resized).jpg
#11091 2 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

I would absolutely hot glue a small, round steel ball on the top. It will look 1000x better.

#11092 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

I would absolutely hot glue a small, round steel ball on the top. It will look 1000x better.

Yes I agree with you. I could amend the top for the ball to rest in.

#11093 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Quoted from oldpins:

Yes I agree with you. I could amend the top for the ball to rest in.

That would be a great finishing touch. Wonder if you could find a nice looking plastic ball bearing that would be easy to drill into? Bronze or copper would be easy too. Maybe find something at a hobby store?

Edit: Something like this?

Or this for an old school look?

#11094 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

That would be a great finishing touch. Wonder if you could find a nice looking plastic ball bearing that would be easy to drill into? Bronze or copper would be easy too. Maybe find something at a hobby store?
Edit: Something like this?
[quoted image]
Or this for an old school look?[quoted image]

Thanks for the post, I will take your suggestions on board.

#11095 2 years ago

After literally searching all over the world to find a new Munsters “Wolf Wolf” shooting rod, I found one new in a box! She’s decked out pretty as ever now!!

BCBA6E0C-ABB9-4D40-97D5-CC0586FAC256 (resized).jpegBCBA6E0C-ABB9-4D40-97D5-CC0586FAC256 (resized).jpeg

#11096 1 year ago

Man it’s gotten quite on here hello is anybody out there can you hear me LOL
No they can’t cause it’s 3:30 am in the morning I’ve most definitely got a addiction problem lol

#11097 1 year ago

I thought I would drop in as I am looking for a Munsters Premium or LE. If anyone is looking to part with their Munsters Premium or LE let me know.

Gord

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “I am looking for a Munsters Premium (1st preference is color, but B&W works too) or Munsters LE. I prefer something within 500 miles of the Denver metro area so as to avoid sh...”
2022-03-28
Aurora, CO
Wanted
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 290 times

#11098 1 year ago

So, just wondered what you guys think about the pinside staff/mod ratings of Munsters? (or any pin for that matter)

Doesn't show under that section of " the very knowledgeable " who the persons are that are rating it under this highlighted section
We should see who.. of that "very knowledgeable" group did the rating.
I suggested to Robin that if they are to have a specialized section of their own, that their names should be listed directly listed underneath that section.
Would like to see who of this elite group is doing that rating without having to scan through common man comments.

Let them stand up to their ratings of this specialized section and own it.
This would be a good thing for all pins, if they are to have a wink wink professional section of their own ...who are they?

Le 6.662 -- 2 of us have rated this game
prem 7.203 -- 3 of us have rated this game
pro 6.232 -- 2 of us have rated this game

#11099 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I suggested to Robin that if they are to have a specialized section of their own, that their names should be listed directly listed underneath that section.

That is a good idea, I guess putting your money where your mouth is. I also wonder how long ago these reviews were made. Most of the reviews have not been revised after code updates and I wonder if these have not as well.

On another note, had visitors to the game room last night - as always, Munsters was a hit. Easy to understand, great callouts (even better with the updates), just a lot of good fun.

#11100 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

That is a good idea, I guess putting your money where your mouth is. I also wonder how long ago these reviews were made. Most of the reviews have not been revised after code updates and I wonder if these have not as well.
On another note, had visitors to the game room last night - as always, Munsters was a hit. Easy to understand, great callouts (even better with the updates), just a lot of good fun.

Your absolutely right the ratings need to be revised specially for Munsters. Sense the new code updates it is a beautiful and fantastic game it should easily be in the top 25. I’ve been on here trying to get everyone to redo their rating of it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/222?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.