pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 237.
#1001 5 years ago

I just heard that the actress whom played Marilyn in The Munsters just died. RIP.

#1002 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I just heard that the actress whom played Marilyn in The Munsters just died. RIP.

Yes, Beverley Owen. She passed away on the 21st. She was the original Marilyn, but was only in the first 13 episodes.

Pat Priest played Marilyn for episodes 14-70.

Pat will be at the Texas Pinball Festival next month along with Butch Patrick.

#1003 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not seeing a lot of hate, just honest opinions.

Dude cmon

#1004 5 years ago

A negative opinion is not the same as hate

#1005 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

A negative opinion is not the same as hate

Its not
But statements with “it was BiG letdown when it was like X and not like Blaaaaah”
“This is stupid blahhhh””How can Stern do blahhhh so I HAD to get rid of it”

I wouldnt talk about putting and old dog down the way some of these guys talk about this game
Cmon man

#1006 5 years ago

I think some owners or soon-to-be-owners are likely a bit tired of hearing about all the negatives on this pin.
It does seem a bit excessive however I’m less worked up about it now.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion on a forum.

I’ve only owned the pin for a short while and I’ve tried to be objective about my preliminary comments on my LE. I had been anticipating this release for quite some time and I do honestly feel this is a fun pin to flip.

I think most players/owners have generally agreed on:

The positives: great flow, smooth ramps & orbits, good overall theme integration, cool lighting, stunning pf & backglass art, well implemented clips, sounds and call outs.

The undetermined: The mini pf: some feel it’s too much of a novelty or toy. (Personally, I think it’s fun and like the variety of shots).

The cons: 2 large target banks would have been better as a row of individual stand-ups or drop targets. Rules (at this point) in my opinion need some further depth and variety. Some modes are truly fun (Ie: Raven) and others just get completed without effort (Lily).
I don’t find Herman clunky but he is easy to hit & to start his multiball mode.

Now in saying this, I have yet learn the full strategy of the multipliers or building jackpots as others have pointed out.
Munster Madness is also more of a regular multiball mode than an actual wizard mode. I still find it fun to reach and play.

Overall, my family and friends have enjoyed the Munsters experience. It’s a good complement to the other pins in my collection. Time will tell if the pin wil have staying power with or without deeper code.

#1007 5 years ago

Well weather delayed my LE.... by one day... tomorrow...

#1008 5 years ago

Looking forward to my LE delivery (whenever that will be, but I’ve been thinking about the threads re: depth of code.

Is it possible that this game, because of its theme, was expected by the community to be the next Batman 66 (deep, mode-based play), but in reality it’s really a themed response from Stern to TNA (challenging score-based play)?

Looking at it From that perspective, it all starts to make more sense.

#1009 5 years ago

Finally.
My game is on its way.

#1010 5 years ago

Personally everyone is allowed their own opinion. So I'll offer mine Munsters Pro is one of the worst games Stern has ever made PERIOD!

People bash on the Beatles but if you love the Beatles and you're not a huge pinball fan there is nothing to hate about that game. The Beatles looks retro, really delivered theming wise to any real Beatles fan. That pinball looks amazing, graphics are outstanding, as for a game its boring yeah its boring. But honestly I think Stern was going for a different market therefore the game is great. It is easy to play, themed awesome, and focuses on the young Beatles with a really cool retro feel.

Munsters on the other hand is a pinball game, there aren't Munsters fans who will pay 8k for a 5k game much less 25k again for a 5k game.

Munsters is BORING. There is nothing unique here just more of the same borrow from other games they've recently done.

I'm okay with it for Beatles but not okay for Munsters.

With all the cool licenses Stern has why even do Munsters? Maybe because they tried to rain on the parade of Monster Bash. Monster Bash LE is a HOME RUN 10 out of 10, Munsters at best is a 5 out of 10.

I haven't seen the LE yet but once I do I can leave a different review. Hoping the lower playfield ads more fun into an otherwise boring game.

#1011 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Personally everyone is allowed their own opinion. So I'll offer mine Munsters Pro is one of the worst games Stern has ever made PERIOD!
People bash on the Beatles but if you love the Beatles and you're not a huge pinball fan there is nothing to hate about that game. The Beatles looks retro, really delivered theming wise to any real Beatles fan. That pinball looks amazing, graphics are outstanding, as for a game its boring yeah its boring. But honestly I think Stern was going for a different market therefore the game is great. It is easy to play, themed awesome, and focuses on the young Beatles with a really cool retro feel.
Munsters on the other hand is a pinball game, there aren't Munsters fans who will pay 8k for a 5k game much less 25k again for a 5k game.
Munsters is BORING. There is nothing unique here just more of the same borrow from other games they've recently done.
With all the cool licenses Stern has why even do Munsters? Maybe because they tried to rain on the parade of Monster Bash. Monster Bash LE is a HOME RUN 10 out of 10, Munsters at best is a 5 out of 10.
I haven't seen the pro yet but once I do I can leave a different review. Hoping the lower playfield ads more fun into an otherwise boring game.

How much you want for your Munsters LE? If it’s that bad how about $6k?

#1012 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I haven't seen the LE yet but once I do I can leave a different review. Hoping the lower playfield ads more fun into an otherwise boring game.

I will give you 7 k

#1013 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Ohhh I get it you want one second hand for 6

#1014 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Wow kinda contradicts your review on Monster Bash

#1015 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Exactly what you said to me about SW when you offered me 1500 and a Freddy pin for my Star Wars Premium when I sold it keep fishing you ain’t getting my Munsters either

#1016 5 years ago

LE arrives between 9 and 3 tomorrow......I can then bash it accordingly, selling in a week....NOT!!!!....too much love early on, hate had to come

#1017 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Wait...I'm not sure I get your point....well, at least you've given your opinion and can go enjoy your other pins, getting out of this boring club..

#1018 5 years ago

Stern makes great games and probably the best in the business. Glad we have them.

Stern certainly have acquired the best IPs in the business. Munsters included as one of the best titles ever. I’d say it has stood the test of time well. At least Sterns IPs will and do hold value.

I haven’t played Munsters yet, but the more I see comments here and hearing from others, it doesn’t look boring at all. Stern will fix any code issues and make it “deeper” if that’s the right word to use, so everyone will be happy that owns one. For the prices of today’s pinball machines, people expect a lot and rightly so.

#1019 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

LE arrives between 9 and 3 tomorrow......I can then bash it accordingly, selling in a week....NOT!!!!....too much love early on, hate had to come

I think the LE will look awesome next to Batman!

#1020 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I've actually been rearranging the pins this evening.....got a great place for it....will post pics when I get it setup...

#1021 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I enjoy munsters much more than when i had mb. They are pretty similar code/layout wise but the strategy involved along with the lighting, video , callouts and sound effects make it better imo. Also the code will only improve (hopefully) but its a solid fast /flowing pin that can be very difficult from my owner ship experience. Its just fun to play and just puts a smile on my face ...except for the frustration bc it can be evil

#1022 5 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Looking forward to my LE delivery (whenever that will be, but I’ve been thinking about the threads re: depth of code.
Is it possible that this game, because of its theme, was expected by the community to be the next Batman 66 (deep, mode-based play), but in reality it’s really a themed response from Stern to TNA (challenging score-based play)?
Looking at it From that perspective, it all starts to make more sense.

BM66 will be itself, and so will Munsters...variety = balanced lineup and fun!!!

#1023 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Can't even imagine how cool that would look....

20190225_213909 (resized).jpg20190225_213909 (resized).jpg20190225_213948 (resized).jpg20190225_213948 (resized).jpg

#1024 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I give it to you kidchrisso .....looks amazing!! our tastes are very similar w some of our pins...that lower pf glows even in the pics!!!

#1025 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Yes I agree with you, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I love MB too. Did you buy a Munsters pinball machine? Out of respect to Pinsiders that have dropped a considerable amount of coin on this game, this is an owners club. Plenty of negativity on the other Munsters threads for you to add to.

#1026 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Yes I agree with you, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I love MB too. Did you buy a Munsters pinball machine? Out of respect to Pinsiders that have dropped a considerable amount of coin on this game, this is an owners club. Plenty of negativity on the other Munsters threads for you to add to.

Compared to most titles i dont think there is alot of negativity overall... its just the same few people over and over for the most part. We sld be celebrating another fun pin release imo instead of focusing on the negativity.

#1027 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Amen....well said!

#1028 5 years ago

Finally.

20190225_210753 (resized).jpg20190225_210753 (resized).jpg
#1029 5 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Finally.
[quoted image]

That is far and away the best looking Stern game to date.

Maybe best looking game EVER!

#1030 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Compared to most titles i dont think there is alot of negativity overall... its just the same few people over and over for the most part. We sld be celebrating another fun pin release imo instead of focusing on the negativity.

@bigd1979 the negativity normally does not bother me.

We are really looking forward to getting our LE. The thing looks awesome in all the photos and I cannot wait to see it in person.

#1031 5 years ago

There are some really tough guys on this board let me tell you. Talk tough, show little respect for other opinions. First off to the idiots who assume I'm selling something I'm not. I own a huge haunted house and inside that haunted house we have corporate party room where we have 11 pinball games all horror themed. I bought Munsters LE without ever seeing it because it will fit in nice as a THEME!

I think I clearly said to the idiots who can't read, that I have not seen or played the LE only reviewed the PRO. Sorry the PRO IS BORING ULTRA BORING.

If it's so great then why has it already fallen into the middle of the top 100 and I would bet will sink even more soon because the game is a BORE!

I'm entitled to my opinion without a bunch of stern can do no wrong idiots trashing me.

Fact is Stern could spend more time on their games to try and make something original do something different. Why not make the games wifi ready, put camera's in, create some technology so you can play against friends in other locations, make updates automatic without USB sticks. Or how about just make a game that is totally original without copying games you previously made.

That is my opinion.

#1032 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Ohhh I get it you want one second hand for 6

Already bought one sight unseen for my haunted house. Like the artwork, will fit into my theme of horror pinballs awesome. Would I put this in my home collection no way because the game is ultra boring. I know you're from Oakville so maybe you can't read but I clearly said I'm hoping the game is more fun with the lower playfield. You know I bought an LE and I'm saying the PRO is boring and maybe with the lower playfield the game will be more fun. I think I said that very clearly.

Or maybe you didn't read that far or just can't read. Not sure which but if you want get an ap for translating typed words it will read it to you! Cool app try it.

#1033 5 years ago

Take it to another thread please... also if you don't like the pro then i highly doubt you will care for the le as the only difference is the lower playfield which don't change the gameplay much at all imo. Sorry its not for you but i think its very fun as do plenty of others .maybe the next release will work better for you

#1034 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sorry you its not for you

I didn't know there was two threads one for giving your HONEST opinion of the game, while the other I guess loving the game or hating the game.

I do think the game looks cool, but there just isn't anything original about the game itself. Its just an opinion. And everyone is entitled to their opinion without getting bashed on by a bunch of idiots.

But thanks for your NICE reply that is something we can respect because it was respectful.

#1035 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

There are some really tough guys on this board let me tell you. Talk tough, show little respect for other opinions. First off to the idiots who assume I'm selling something I'm not. I own a huge haunted house and inside that haunted house we have corporate party room where we have 11 pinball games all horror themed. I bought Munsters LE without ever seeing it because it will fit in nice as a THEME!
I think I clearly said to the idiots who can't read, that I have not seen or played the LE only reviewed the PRO. Sorry the PRO IS BORING ULTRA BORING.
If it's so great then why has it already fallen into the middle of the top 100 and I would bet will sink even more soon because the game is a BORE!
I'm entitled to my opinion without a bunch of stern can do no wrong idiots trashing me.
Fact is Stern could spend more time on their games to try and make something original do something different. Why not make the games wifi ready, put camera's in, create some technology so you can play against friends in other locations, make updates automatic without USB sticks. Or how about just make a game that is totally original without copying games you previously made.
That is my opinion.

Respect is earned and with your attitude you will never get any respect, especially around here. You are brand new here and you're calling people idiots and tough guys and telling them they cant read because they are from a certain city etc. You're off to a very poor start and if you don't change your attitude you wont last long here at all.

#1036 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

For what's its worth, when I went to my distributor to check out Munsters and play it, there was a Beatles Gold sitting right next to it. So I played it, played 6 games on it and shut the thing off, and I grew up with their music, go figure. I then played the Munster's, put 6 games on it, absolutely no comparision, and the best part, really fun to play. I might also point out that I saw 3 NIB Beatles games on the rack while I was there, wanna take a guess how many NIB Munster's where on the rack, one, and I bought it because there were 3 others behind me that were going to buy it if I didn't. Having now put a few hundred games on it I can say it's got to be one of Sterns best games ever made, yup that's right I said it.

So the take away for you is that although you bought the game to place in your huanted house, others have bought this game to place in their house, the one they reside in. You are one rude dude.

#1037 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

And everyone is entitled to their opinion without getting bashed on by a bunch of idiots.

No idiot here, nor many that have asked you to stop already....Glad you have a haunted whatever....Doesn't mean a rats ass to me, and I'll make my own opinion about the game...

You've stated yours....Move on please....Good grief

#1038 5 years ago

I can understand if a game isn't someone's cup of tea(i don't care for many top pins) but boring is not a word that comes to mind when i play any pinball machine. Yes some click better than others and have better themes / code/ gameplay but all pins put a smile on my face when I'm done. I think some people take things way to seriously in this hobby ... just have fun and enjoy the silver ball and b happy we have new pins coming out monthly to keep things fresh.

#1039 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I can understand if a game isn't someone's cup of tea(i don't care for many top pins) but boring is not a word that comes to mind when i play any pinball machine. Yes some click better than others and have better themes / code/ gameplay but all pins put a smile on my face when I'm done. I think some people take things way to seriously in this hobby ... just have fun and enjoy the silver ball and b happy we have new pins coming out monthly to keep things fresh.

100% agree with you here bigd.

#1040 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Glad you have a haunted whatever.

The guy sounds like a bit of a d*head, but f*ck I'm jealous that he owns a haunted house and has it full of haunted themed pinball machines.

#1041 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm jealous that he owns a haunted house

I actually own three haunted houses and at the exit we have a gift store/corporate party room. We have restored all the coolest horror themed pinball games, and bought new ones. I bought Munsters LE sight unseen for this area... I think I've been clear I think the game looks cool but the PRO isn't fun to me. That is an opinion that isn't being a dick or anything else its an opinion.

I'm actually excited to get the Munsters LE because it looks REALLY COOL its just the game there isn't much going on... if I'm wrong then why is the game ranked close to 50 and sinking fast? I think more could have been done, they actually could have build the entire munsters house in the back of the game now that would have been cool.

As for the Beatles I only used that as reference because everyone was dogging that game because it was like Seawitch. I actually think Beatles had a lot of creativity put into the theming, which I think was their goal to make a Beatles themed pinball that was easy to play knowing Beatles fans would buy the game. Personally I like Beatles... doesn't matter. I'm not blasting people because they love the game, nor should anyone else blast someone if they don't.

#1042 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I actually own three haunted houses and at the exit we have a gift store/corporate party room. We have restored all the coolest horror themed pinball games, and bought new ones. I bought Munsters LE sight unseen for this area... I think I've been clear I think the game looks cool but the PRO isn't fun to me. That is an opinion that isn't being a dick or anything else its an opinion.
I'm actually excited to get the Munsters LE because it looks REALLY COOL its just the game there isn't much going on... if I'm wrong then why is the game ranked close to 50 and sinking fast? I think more could have been done, they actually could have build the entire munsters house in the back of the game now that would have been cool.
As for the Beatles I only used that as reference because everyone was dogging that game because it was like Seawitch. I actually think Beatles had a lot of creativity put into the theming, which I think was their goal to make a Beatles themed pinball that was easy to play knowing Beatles fans would buy the game. Personally I like Beatles... doesn't matter. I'm not blasting people because they love the game, nor should anyone else blast someone if they don't.

Wouldn't worry about ranking . Many people vote that haven't even played it yet and just go off what they see /hear. Stern just released and started shipping....their are not many pros out in public/homes ...no premiums and very few le models. Also very early code .. all this is why its like it is at the moment. Overall most people are happy with it which is why it has sold so well allready. I also enjoy the Beatles pin .

#1043 5 years ago

Ranking means absolutely nothing, especially on a new game and some people are of the opinion that the pro is the best model because they hate lower playfields.

#1044 5 years ago

Some people get quite grouchy and rude don’t they?

#1045 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Some people get quite grouchy and rude don’t they?

Yep. Pinball is a rough sport!

#1046 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Now all Stern needs is the Addams family tv license.

#1047 5 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Now all Stern needs is the Addams family tv license.

Yep that would be sweet.

#1048 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

If Munsters is a remake of old Stern pins, well isn’t Beatles a rehash of Sterns Seawitch? Isn’t MB remake a.....wait for it.....a remake of the original Monster Bash?

#1049 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

That is my opinion.

Damn man, those are some strong words.

Let me say, if you think The Munsters is a bore than this is your own opinion and hey, we're all entitled to our own opinion. I haven't read your posts regarding this issue, I just want to read about other people's opinion on the game and stumbled accross your reply. I surely hope you might find the time for some reflection, this kind of behaviour is not expected on a public board and only shows disrespect and maybe you should consider to leave the premises.

#1050 5 years ago

Maybe he gets in a better mood when it’s Halloween season and his attraction is open for business.

Don’t know you sir, but you can’t be bad for owning a haunted house attraction. Worked security for one for years and I loved it. Really put you in the mood for the season.

However, this is the owners thread. Yes, you can have your opinion on a game, but why come in here and practically rub mud in the faces of owners who just bought this pin by saying how much it sucks when, in reality, it isn’t the worse pin out there? Calling them morons and stupid for living in a certain state kinda reminds me of a keyboard commando attitude coming from you. Give me common sense over a college education any day of the week.

Could there be more toys? Sure, but what pin doesn’t need more toys. Okay, well maybe Metallica and MB can sit this one out. I wasn’t a huge Munsters fan growing up, but I did like the show and characters and it really brings back the memories for me. I suck at the game, but damn I have a lot of fun playing it and I find myself reaching for that start button after I lose the last ball. Plus, I’m buying mods like crazy for this pin too and I’m loving it. Besides, I’m helping a cause by putting the Mezel kids and the Mod Couple kids thru college so I can sleep better at night.

There.....that’s my high school education with (1) year of college opinion on the matter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/21?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.