IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 237.
#10901 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Couch potato is a fun little mode. This is my best score to date. Not sure how much more score is possible.
[quoted image]

Yeah... I need to increase the points for BONUS POTATOES.

Bonus Potatoes are the extra seconds each shot. You need 20 shots so the most Bonus Potatoes you can get is 200. I think I will add a zero to the Bonus Pottato scores. Then the bonus will be more signifigant.

#10902 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Bonus Potatoes are the extra seconds each shot. You need 20 shots so the most Bonus Potatoes you can get is 200. I think I will add a zero to the Bonus Pottato scores. Then the bonus will be more signifigant.

Wait a minute this sounds like we might be getting some more code updates. I am beside myself u guys are the greatest it just keeps getting better and better we truly appreciate everything you’re doing for MUNSTERS mine will never be leaving when y’all decide to give the last update I hope you through the kitchen sink at we can handle it. LOL

#10903 2 years ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

When lighting 10 (on PRO) or 11 (on PRE/LE) supers, you will sometimes get the "all supers are lit" callouts. They're pretty fun when they happen.
The UI is designed to look like older equipment as Grandpa has in his laboratory. The SUPER JACKPOT indicator is a rotating dial with digits 0 thru 9. The dial can't rotate past 0 again, this is by design.

tanx for clarifying, almost i know i'm not mad about the sound sample and ok about the dial/fonts
but than, the prob for me here was more that i was thinking (PRO model) to get 11 SUPERS too (and not 10)...

Quoted from Xaqery:

nice to read, and good idea for sure

tanx guys

#10904 2 years ago

and please, some suggestions in case of...

* i know you Dwight are usual with a maximum of X20 for the bonus multiplier... in this pin would be nice to let it go, bonus is quite low
* in the same idea, HOLD BONUS will pair nicely with the previous suggestion, this could be set in the MYSTERY, but even better as a Marylin award
* and again, for the players, would be nice to have a different warning screen for the last warning, not always easy to check/know if you get 1 or 2 warning(s)

tanx

#10905 2 years ago

Sense we’re asking for some different things on the next update if it happens. When you get the skill shot it needs to score more like my guardians galaxy when you hit it it will be 500,000 then 650,000 then 700-800,000 we’re Munsters is 250-350,000. I think that would be nice higher scoreing through out the game. Don’t get me wrong I’m happy n love my Munsters I just thought I would throw something out there LOL

#10906 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Thanks to you and the team for everything.

#10907 2 years ago

friday night, Munsters is home for near 15 days, and than i remember someone posting on last Jack stream : "a billion or nothing... "

i missed ...
was my way to munsters madness 4
same story about the only scoring tactic : get/keep your playfield X6, while sometimes shooting LILY if needeed to relight a KITTY
even if i'm still thinking its too easy for hardcore players (and not deep at all), it remains a fun shooter, with no boring sensation, in fact i understand why so much guys are loving it, theme/ambiance are really working well with the simplicity of the gameplay, this is a pin for the family

mic (resized).jpgmic (resized).jpg

#10908 2 years ago

Getting to the 4th munster madness is impressive. I've made it to the third one but never the 4th. I agree with the assessment. It's a fun shooter if you realize it's more of a throwback machine rules wise. My family absolutely love the pin even if don't play it much anymore (that has changed recently with the code changes.) Family and friends will never let me sell it and I've had a number of offers over the last year.

#10909 2 years ago

+1

not sure if the 2 guys from the PINSIDE staff could give Munsters another try (even more with actual code), but than 6.232 pts seems way underated

#10910 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

What is the best email address for bug reports? And what is the best email to request a new plastic for the Herman replacement?
I've found a bug with the start up of midnight madness when draining a ball right at midnight.

For the Herman plastic

[email protected]

#10911 2 years ago

I vowed not to open this until the code is done and complete and worthy, is now the time ? Dwight ?

639CE81B-227B-483B-B75C-F7A855849AC2 (resized).jpeg639CE81B-227B-483B-B75C-F7A855849AC2 (resized).jpeg
#10912 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Again big thanks Dwight and Corey for your code love to our Munsters. Over the moon about the possibility of you adding some more.

1. Would you guys remove the curved hazy film on the left side of most all Munsters show material? (See photo below)
2. Would you consider adding Midnight Madness as a wizard mode some where, like after completing MM level 3 or 4? (The only time we actually see Midnight Madness is the rare time we stay up till midnight, lol. (Would be fun to have it as something we work to achieve.)
3. Any chance of inserting actual Marilyn escaping boyfriend video during her escape mode?
4. Adding Raven/clock popping out announcing the time after end of game after Munsters show clip?
5. Like MK6 said, “There are still a few bugs w topper interaction....minor ( I suppose) but Raven and chime will call out at the top of the hour if game is on and attract mode. As soon as you play a single game however, never returns.” Please add Raven hourly announcements during game play too and at the end of each game.
6. And, “realignment w correct callouts during Raven multiball are achievable.”

37D17B0D-D1B2-4861-AC01-E24F1B62CD09 (resized).jpeg37D17B0D-D1B2-4861-AC01-E24F1B62CD09 (resized).jpeg

#10913 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I vowed not to open this until the code is done and complete and worthy, is now the time ? Dwight ?
[quoted image]

I'll answer: No it is not! I will be glad to buy the game/topper from you at your purchase price to take it off your hands. .

Honestly, just loaded 1.21, continue to hear new call outs/ FX sounds. The fun value on this game ,in my opinion, is a solid 10. Risk/reward strategy, great theme immersion, fun multiballs, Coach Potato challenge, a super midnight madness, satisfying ramp shots, light show, etc.

Not sure , I understand the strategy from Stern in waiting a couple of years to give it the code love that has been happening the last three months, but it is a definite keeper in my house . Right now vie's with Star Wars as the last game to leave the collection title.

#10914 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Again big thanks Dwight and Corey for your code love to our Munsters. Over the moon about the possibility of you adding some more.
1. Would you guys remove the curved hazy film on the left side of most all Munsters show material? (See photo below)
2. Would you consider adding Midnight Madness as a wizard mode some where, like after completing MM level 3 or 4? (The only time we actually see Midnight Madness is the rare time we stay up till midnight, lol. (Would be fun to have it as something we work to achieve.)
3. Any chance of inserting actual Marilyn escaping boyfriend video during her escape mode?
4. Adding Raven/clock popping out announcing the time after end of game after Munsters show clip?
5. Like MK6 said, “There are still a few bugs w topper interaction....minor ( I suppose) but Raven and chime will call out at the top of the hour if game is on and attract mode. As soon as you play a single game however, never returns.” Please add Raven hourly announcements during game play too and at the end of each game.
[quoted image]

Man I like the way you think exactly what I was wanting to ask for. One more thing is I would like to see the skill shots scoreing bumped way up like on my guardians of galaxy were it’s 7-800,000 at a time. I totally agree on having MIDNIGHT MADNESS AS A WIZARD MODE SOMEWHERE that would be fantastic.

#10915 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I'll answer: No it is not! I will be glad to buy the game/topper from you at your purchase price to take it off your hands. .
Honestly, just loaded 1.21, continue to hear new call outs/ FX sounds. The fun value on this game ,in my opinion, is a solid 10. Risk/reward strategy, great theme immersion, fun multiballs, Coach Potato challenge, a super midnight madness, satisfying ramp shots, light show, etc.
Not sure , I understand the strategy from Stern in waiting a couple of years to give it the code love that has been happening the last three months, but it is a definite keeper in my house . Right now vie's with Star Wars as the last game to leave the collection title.

I’m with you this game is a solid 10 in several areas n now with the code updates it’s such a blast to play n the art work is absolutely beautiful a 10 for sure.
I’m hoping before it’s all said n done DWIGHT N COREY THROW THE KITCHEN SINK INTO IT WITH A CODE UPDATE SO TO SPEAK. LOL

#10916 2 years ago

is the couch potato mode integrated in the game or can it only be started from the start as an extra mode ?

#10917 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

is the couch potato mode integrated in the game or can it only be started from the start as an extra mode ?

only from the mode selection

Quoted from Thunderbird:

[quoted image]

I really don't want midnight madness in the main game. There is no real goal to midnight madness other than everything going wild. Everyone loves it but I don't think it makes sense in the main game.

I think that the possibility of a wizard mode has passed but maybe just one more little mode. Wouldn't it be awesome if after collecting x number of super jackpots at dragula a real dragula mode became available? Something where the dragula gets lit when out of multiball or mode. When lit you shoot the dragula starting a true dragula race. The up post comes up and at the same time the ball is shot from the dragula a second ball is added for a 2 ball multiball where shots are lit and on each shot you move farther ahead. if you don't hit the shot in time you fall behind. Hit enough shots and you win the race and get a nice bonus. Don't complete the race or drain one ball and you get nothing. I'd love something like that added

#10918 2 years ago

I really don't want midnight madness in the main game. There is no real goal to midnight madness other than everything going wild. Everyone loves it but I don't think it makes sense in the main game.

ok, thanks. Is there a reason for that ? I think it will give the main game a little more depth.

#10919 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

ok, thanks. Is there a reason for that ? I think it will give the main game a little more depth.

I think it would be great to

#10920 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

+1
not sure if the 2 guys from the PINSIDE staff could give Munsters another try (even more with actual code), but than 6.232 pts seems way underated

I'm guessing unless someone starts a new thread explaining that there "is" indeed a worthy code out now... that there could be a lot of people that rated Munsters low and unaware of new coding and are ignoring this tread....that they all bitched about coding... don't bother to look at this thread to see it's been updated. since it's a club thread.

Maybe?

#10921 2 years ago

People will check in when they start seeing Munsters prices spike.

#10922 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

[quoted image]

All good stuff!!!

They fixed the haze in BM66, should be able to do it here.

The topper interaction was basically told to me as " correctible in code" by the then Stern topper team.

Huge props again for showing the game some love...really enjoying it more now.....

#10923 2 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I'm guessing unless someone starts a new thread explaining that there "is" indeed a worthy code out now... that there could be a lot of people that rated Munsters low and unaware of new coding and are ignoring this tread....that they all bitched about coding... don't bother to look at this thread to see it's been updated. since it's a club thread.
Maybe?

I’ve been posting this suggestion everyone go back n redo their RATING FOR MUNSTERS and bring it up we’re it really should be. I’ll start a new thread on it how should I word it.

#10924 2 years ago

Munsters is Boosted - Several New Code Drops !!

Then a quick short concise write up on it's evolving game play. My Pro model is like a LE now )

#10925 2 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Munsters is Boosted - Several New Code Drops !!
Then a quick short concise write up on it's evolving game play. My Pro model is like a LE now )

Haha. Since I first got and played my Prem a couple years ago, when things surprise go my way I can be heard a couple times a week saying something “is boosted!”

#10926 2 years ago

I think that the possibility of a wizard mode has passed but maybe just one more little mode. Wouldn't it be awesome if after collecting x number of super jackpots at dragula a real dragula mode became available? Something where the dragula gets lit when out of multiball or mode. When lit you shoot the dragula starting a true dragula race. The up post comes up and at the same time the ball is shot from the dragula a second ball is added for a 2 ball multiball where shots are lit and on each shot you move farther ahead. if you don't hit the shot in time you fall behind. Hit enough shots and you win the race and get a nice bonus. Don't complete the race or drain one ball and you get nothing. I'd love something like that added

Like your idea for Dragula, I’ve requested something similar. Dragula is way under utilized and is not currently something I even think about completing. There is not much of a purpose to lighting up the letters for Dragula, so your idea would give it more meaning and a worthy goal to shoot toward.

The main reason for asking Midnight Madness to become a wizard mode, is not much work is required to have Dwight or Korey insert it into the game at say MM 3 or MM 4. It gives us a reward for getting there and something worth working toward. Leaving it at midnight only, most never see it and it is fun. Some pertinent scoring could be added so its not just a chaotic event (but honestly, what MB or wizard mode isn’t a chaotic event?), but the lights, sounds, music, Munsters show material is already done. It’s basically drag/drop and then tweak to make it relevant to the score and game as a wizard mode.

#10927 2 years ago

Like the Midnight Madness - Just had it while playing..... set to come on at 7:30 PM here..........did the clock change on my machine to start it at 7:30 but had machine clock set 4 1/2 hrs ahead.
Love it,would like to see it in any form added to random game play,mystery,after some random combo,surprise us somehow.

#10928 2 years ago

Midnight Madness is absolutely awesome!! One of the best parts of the game IMO... All of my friends go crazy when it comes on at Midnight.. Well done stern! MunStErouS Midnight Perfection!

#10929 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Like your idea for Dragula, I’ve requested something similar. Dragula is way under utilized and is not currently something I even think about completing. There is not much of a purpose to lighting up the letters for Dragula, so your idea would give it more meaning and a worthy goal to shoot toward.
The main reason for asking Midnight Madness to become a wizard mode, is not much work is required to have Dwight or Korey insert it into the game at say MM 3 or MM 4. It gives us a reward for getting there and something worth working toward. Leaving it at midnight only, most never see it and it is fun. Some pertinent scoring could be added so its not just a chaotic event (but honestly, what MB or wizard mode isn’t a chaotic event?), but the lights, sounds, music, Munsters show material is already done. It’s basically drag/drop and then tweak to make it relevant to the score and game as a wizard mode.

Agree , add midnight madness and couch potatoes to the main game play and it will change the game completely .

#10930 2 years ago

Ok we’re do I go to set time for midnight madness

#10931 2 years ago

FFS, it’s been said dozens of times that the “haze” on the video screen is intended to be there to create the sense of the glare on the TV screen. It’s apparent that many of you never grew up with a big crappy TV set in a fully lit room like I did when watching the Munsters as a kid. I was lucky to see an image even half as good as what they’re showing on the pin. This show wasn’t originally viewed an OLED screen in a darkened home theater room from the 21st century. What’s next? Asking for them to spruce up the place and maybe paint the walls of the dilapidated old house?

#10932 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

really ?

#10933 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

FFS, it’s been said dozens of times that the “haze” on the video screen is intended to be there to create the sense of the glare on the TV screen. It’s apparent that many of you never grew up with a big crappy TV set in a fully lit room like I did when watching the Munsters as a kid. I was lucky to see an image even half as good as what they’re showing on the pin. This show wasn’t originally viewed an OLED screen in a darkened home theater room from the 21st century. What’s next? Asking for them to spruce up the place and maybe paint the walls of the dilapidated old house?

but than you're an old guy
so do i ('66)... i remember my dad watching this on television, but can't remember when (it was broadcasted in Belgium)

#10934 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

but than you're an old guy
so do i ('66)... i remember my dad watching this on television, but can't remember when (it was broadcasted in Belgium)

heheh in germany it aired around the beginning 90's and it changed my life. I am not sure when it aired in other european countries.
but the tv was not flat, thats what i remember.

#10935 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

heheh in germany it aired around the beginning 90's and it changed my life. I am not sure when it aired in other european countries.
but the tv was not flat, thats what i remember.

the '90, so late ?
well, in my memory seems i was young, but...

#10936 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

...maybe they always kept their curtains closed.

#10937 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

This is a very poor excuse to ruin Munsters show material. We live in the age of High Def and even old Munsters show material is played that way now. How many would choose to watch anything with a haze over it, if given a choice??? Answer: no one. I grew up with Munsters and never once saw the show with a haze over it, even on the old TV sets. Your argument is superfluous and not supported by 99% of us.

#10938 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

FFS, it’s been said dozens of times that the “haze” on the video screen is intended to be there to create the sense of the glare on the TV screen.

I get why it's there but it ruins the look of the clips. Take it off. Or better yet, add an adjustment setting with the ability to turn it on/off.

When I asked Lyman (RIP) for user ability to change the score font color on EHOH (the color was changed in one of the updates and many didn't like it) he coded an entire font color editor in the adjustments so the user could select their own RGB values!

#10939 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

You can’t set it for midnight madness exclusively.

You have to change the time on the machine itself to run ahead so that it thinks midnight is whatever time you think is better for you.

Also, afterward you save the new time, you need to turn the machine off then back on.

#10940 2 years ago

There is no reason to have the time set properly if you don't have insider connected so even ops could set it to whatever time they want and provide midnight madness whenever they want it. Concider it a feature.

I wonder if insider connected even cares.

#10941 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

You have to change the time on the machine itself to run ahead so that it thinks midnight is whatever time you think is better for you.
Also, afterward you save the new time, you need to turn the machine off then back on.

I change my clock for midnight madness all the time and have never had to turn the machine off then on for it to work. I just set the time for about 11:58 and start a game.

#10942 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

FFS, it’s been said dozens of times that the “haze” on the video screen is intended to be there to create the sense of the glare on the TV screen.

I never saw that posted anywhere ( maybe I missed it).

Granted, it looks better in B&W, but early BM66 owners remember this exact same effect on the color screen, which was later removed with a code update.

Definitely grew up in pre-color TV days...not convinced it's supposed to be there, but I could be wrong.....doesn't kill me, but have early BM66 flashbacks....( also note its appearance is not consistent, so doubtful its intentional)

#10943 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Thanks. I didn’t know if there was a separate clock or something for it. I just didn’t want to screw anything up. LOL

#10944 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This is a very poor excuse to ruin Munsters show material. We live in the age of High Def and even old Munsters show material is played that way now. How many would choose to watch anything with a haze over it, if given a choice??? Answer: no one. I grew up with Munsters and never once saw the show with a haze over it, even on the old TV sets. Your argument is superfluous and not supported by 99% of us.

To be a bit more specific, It mimics the glare off the CURVATURE of the front of the tube tv that the munsters first aired on. Gotta love an old CRT!

I don’t see it as a “haze” and I’m ok with it.

#10945 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

the '90, so late ?
well, in my memory seems i was young, but...

did look again it was 1987 a little earlier, yes that seems to fit more with my memory too.

#10946 2 years ago

So what is everyone thought on weather we get one more big update or a few here and there. I’m very happy with what Dwight n the team has done for us but I’m like everyone else there are a few things I would like to see before it’s all said n done. Just wandering everybody’s thoughts. So talk to me my people’s. LOL

#10947 2 years ago

I would guess we get 1 more bug fix release. It's really awesome they added all they did. I appreciate it but not expecting more.

#10948 2 years ago

I would guess we get 1 more bug fix release. It's really awesome they added all they did. I appreciate it but not expecting more.

What about the wizard mode multiball in the DJ mixer? Is there any other games that have music in the mixer that isn’t incorporated the game?

#10949 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

What about the wizard mode multiball in the DJ mixer? Is there any other games that have music in the mixer that isn’t incorporated the game?

Hmmm, is this a hint of things to come? Are we actually going to get a wizard mode? Would be great if we did, as that is something that is missing, that would complete our great code, imo.

#10950 2 years ago

A wizard mode would be great. Also add any existing assets that they are not presently being utilized in the game code. I understood there were many awhile back. Have they all been implemented?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/219?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.